PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: LeBron Should Join Cavs

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Charles Barkley thinks LeBron James and Cleveland are ready for a reunion.

In an interview Wednesday on ESPN's "SVP & Russillo," Barkley advocated a return to the Cavaliers for James and, in the process, took a shot at Miami Heat fans.

"I've always thought he was going to go back to Cleveland," Barkley said. "Nobody dislikes LeBron. I think LeBron made a huge mistake with that 'Decision' crap. He's come back and since admitted that. That's the only thing people hold against LeBron.

"He's a great player, a great person. I hope he goes back to Cleveland. Those fans in Miami are not real fans, those fans in Cleveland are real fans. I've always hoped he would go back to Cleveland. That would be a great way to finish his career."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10965714/charles-barkley-hopes-lebron-james-returns-cleveland-cavaliers

goingfor28
05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Damn right.
Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Varajao
Embiid?

Or trade waiters for assets and get some goods for Deng. Cabs could go from crap to top seed real quick

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Kyrie to LeBron :drool:

FlashBolt
05-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Trade 1st pick, Waiters, and Varejao for Love. Love, Kyrie, James? Seems like a team to me. I agree with Barkley. I'm a huge James fan but would never support the Heat fanbase because they are all spoiled. Those Heat fans show up late, don't cheer, and leave when they are about to lose. Cleveland fans are amazing. Excluding the Decision debacle, their crowd is a top 5 crowd. Man, when LeBron played there, it was loud as hell with passionate fans. People hate Barkley but he makes a great point. Heat fans do suck while Cavs fans (due to their little exposure) are more wild for their team.

Note: I'm referring to the fans who attend the games. I know there are a lot of fans out there who aren't like that but I'm judging it by the nationally televised games.

still1ballin
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
He is 100% right about the fanbase. I see it everyday living in Miami.

Once the big 3 era is over and Miami goes
Back to sucking, the fans will go back into hiding.

kingkenny01
05-21-2014, 09:14 PM
It's kinda of an all or nothing gamble but to trade the first pick for love. The team looks significantly better with Kevin love and if lebron signs then love will resign but if lebron doesn't which is more likely then love is gone.

WITZ
05-21-2014, 09:55 PM
"Those fans in Miami are not real fans"
This won't end well :laugh2:

naps
05-21-2014, 09:57 PM
LeBron James is where he is supposed to be. He is on to his 4th finals in 4 years in Miami. Greatest basketball genius of all-time Pat Riley doesn't let others get a hand on his stuff unless ofcourse it's rotten and useless. Pat owns everyone in this league when he wants to.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Lol what a baseless comment that fat piece of **** just made. What makes Cleveland a better fanbase? Please tell me...

Since Lebron left they've had the 27th, 29th, and 22nd attendance. So much for a loyal fanbase :rolleyes:

Cleveland doesn't deserve anything. They deserve to keep sucking at every sport because that's what they're best at.

Master Mind
05-21-2014, 10:18 PM
I think it's really unfair to generalize an entire fan base. It's sad when true fans who date way back to Seikly and even Pogo stick man (throw back name for true Heat fans) are shat on. Regardless of the fact, you have great fans everywhere but for a player to make a decision based on fandom is crazy. It doesn't hurt to have beaches, bishes and year round warm weather at your disposal. Barkley gets paid to defecate out of the mouth and ppl should take his pov seriously? Barkley's rubbed more ppl the wrong way than a blind TSA employee with nubs for arms.

Sadds The Gr8
05-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Hes right about the fanbases, but LeBron ain't going back.

Dade County
05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
:laugh2:

To sum up this thread...

Every fan base that wanted Lbj in free agency, will agree with Sir Charles.

Everyone that is tired of seeing the HEAT/Lbj win, will agree that he should go back to the Cav's (but all these people are hypocrites). Lbj has won and loss titles with the HEAT, he has achieved his greatest accomplishments here; but other fan basses want him to leave.

.......... ............. ............
If Le-con leaves I really wouldn't care as a HEAT fan, he has done his job. I have always said that the HEAT will re group and continue winning titles, with or without Lbj. Pat has sent up a championship culture down here.

Arch Stanton
Lol what a baseless comment that fat piece of **** just made. What makes Cleveland a better fanbase? Please tell me...

Since Lebron left they've had the 27th, 29th, and 22nd attendance. So much for a loyal fanbase :rolleyes:

Cleveland doesn't deserve anything. They deserve to keep sucking at every sport because that's what they're best at.

More like:

10-11 | 3rd
11-12 | 19th
12-13 | 22nd
13-14 | 16th

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

So Barkley cannot make these types of comments but apparently you can...

GiantsSwaGG
He's right about Miami fans not being real

WITZ
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM

You call Barkleys comments baseless, then you proceed to follow that up with your own dumb*** baseless comment :laugh:

Nikeman
05-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Barkley is such a dumb *****. How is he going to call Miami fans fake. Its not our fault celebs and rich people attend that use basketball as a social event. I have been a fan before James came, and will continue to... Just like he called all the women of San Antonio overweight... who the **** is Barkley to call anyone overweight?

Big Zo
05-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Cleveland can have their "Real fans." We have... A place to live that's not Cleveland. :)

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2014, 11:20 PM
LeBron James is where he is supposed to be. He is on to his 4th finals in 4 years in Miami. Greatest basketball genius of all-time Pat Riley doesn't let others get a hand on his stuff unless ofcourse it's rotten and useless. Pat owns everyone in this league when he wants to.

So he didn't want to own anybody from 1989-2004?

SwatTeam
05-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Cleveland Steamer: "A sexual act by nature (fetish) the cleveland steamer is when one person craps on another person's chest and (very important) then sits down and rocks back and forth like a steam roller."

I'm never going to Cleveland.

goingfor28
05-21-2014, 11:38 PM

:rimshot:

Avenged
05-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Probably should with yet another #1 and this one is surely to succeed. Not even the Cavaliers can **** this one up.

SugeKnight
05-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Cle in: David Lee
Cle out: Jarrett Jack, Tristan Thompson

Draft Embiid, sign Lebron

Kyrie-Waiters-Lebron-Lee-Embiid //or resign deng if Lebron doesn't come back

GS in: Kevin Love, Jarrett Jack
GS out: David Lee, Harrison Barnes, 2015 1st

Curry-Thompson-Iggy-Love-Bogut

Min in: Tristan Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Warriors 2015 first
Min out: Kevin Love

**** team but good assets. Will be good if they draft well after a couple of high picks

Mave1002
05-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Trade 1st pick, Waiters, and Varejao for Love. Love, Kyrie, James? Seems like a team to me. I agree with Barkley. I'm a huge James fan but would never support the Heat fanbase because they are all spoiled. Those Heat fans show up late, don't cheer, and leave when they are about to lose. Cleveland fans are amazing. Excluding the Decision debacle, their crowd is a top 5 crowd. Man, when LeBron played there, it was loud as hell with passionate fans. People hate Barkley but he makes a great point. Heat fans do suck while Cavs fans (due to their little exposure) are more wild for their team.

Note: I'm referring to the fans who attend the games. I know there are a lot of fans out there who aren't like that but I'm judging it by the nationally televised games.

The way I see it: $63M capspace

1.) Starting roster that should cost around $55M

2.) You still have a spending power of $8M to build a bench

Thompson-Zeller
Love-Filler
LBJ-Gee
Waiters-Filler
Irving-Filler

It's gona be nice to play GM in Cleveland right now.

unleashthebeast
05-22-2014, 01:37 AM
I just cannot for the life of me see LeBron going back to the town that burned his jerseys and to the owner who publicly **** on LeBron on multiple occasions. No doubt that Kyrie-LeBron-Love would be good though

Mave1002
05-22-2014, 01:58 AM
I just cannot for the life of me see LeBron going back to the town that burned his jerseys and to the owner who publicly **** on LeBron on multiple occasions. No doubt that Kyrie-LeBron-Love would be good though

Itd be really fun to watch. Even if Love leaves after a 1-year rental. haha

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 02:09 AM

Poor delusional Miami fan.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 02:35 AM

Well for starters when Lebron was there, especially in the playoffs their fans were loud, rowdy, and always sold out. You watch Miami games and there are empty seats everywhere. Not to mention leaving game 6 of the finals early. Miami fans are some of the worst in the business.

Cleveland for Home games
2001 80%
2002 70.9%
2003 55.9%
2004 88.9%
2005 93.0%
2006 94.0%
2007 99.4%
2008 99.5%
2009 97.3%
2010 100%
2011 97.8% ----> Year after Lebron left... Still showing up to games...
2012 77.5%
2013 78.7%
2014 84.3%

Heat

2001 84%
2002 81.6%
2003 78.2%
2004 77.8%
2005 101.4%
2006 101.8%
2007 100.6%
2008 99.3%
2009 93.0%
2010 90.5%
2011 100.9%
2012 101.7%
2013 102.0%
2014 100.9%

Cleveland fans are by no means terrible, especially come playoffs.

WadeCounty
05-22-2014, 03:02 AM
He should, after 2 more years in Miami to finish off his contract and get maximum money. Heck, I'll even root for the guy while my team is in rebuilding mode and lottery bound. What better way to make his legacy even better? The chance of getting more rings to his resume and once the ship is about to break down due to wear and tear, evaluate the situation and go win a title for your home team. Cinderella story honestly

naps
05-22-2014, 03:15 AM

He did. Whatever his finances allowed him, he did. You must have forgotten how the late 90's Heat. Pat always established his won culture and left his footprints everywhere he went that no one could surpass since he left. Godfather ain't about that life.

Poor delusional Miami fan.

So was it the Bulls that were in the finals past 3 years and is competing for a 4th consecutive finals birth? Oh my bad man.

Bruno
05-22-2014, 03:41 AM
the cavs should trade the #1 pick, maybe a second round pick, anthony bennett, Dion Waiters, Triston Thompson, and maybe Zeller to the wolves for Love, Dieng and Martin. The cavs pair up Love and Irving and hope it's enough to convince LBJ to go back to cleveland. i think LeBron would be more likely to go back to a situation that already has a 1-2 punch then to go to a cavs team with a bunch of young talent than might not mesh.

the wolves roll out a six man rotation of Rubio/Waiters/Wiggins/Bennett/Pekovich/Thompson and flip the switch on their rebuild loaded with rookie contracts.

the cavs aquire martin as the floor spreading two guard along LeBron and Irving. Irving-Martin-James-Love-Dieng. that team will dominate the east for the next five seasons.

chitownbulls
05-22-2014, 04:07 AM
He did. Whatever his finances allowed him, he did. You must have forgotten how the late 90's Heat. Pat always established his won culture and left his footprints everywhere he went that no one could surpass since he left. Godfather ain't about that life.

So was it the Bulls that were in the finals past 3 years and is competing for a 4th consecutive finals birth? Oh my bad man.

Congratulations, you're halfway there to dominating like the Bulls of the 90's. Oh and that remark was completely irrelevant, don't insult a team with: more championships, a far superior history, that has made the playoffs 9/10 seasons, and actually deserves to have Michael Jordan's number retired

mngopher35
05-22-2014, 04:14 AM
the cavs should trade the #1 pick, maybe a second round pick, anthony bennett, Dion Waiters, Triston Thompson to the wolves for Love and Martin. The cavs pair up Love and Irving and hope it's enough to convince LBJ to go back to cleveland. i think LeBron would be more likely to go back to a situation that already has a 1-2 punch then to go to a cavs team with a bunch of young talent than might not mesh.

the wolves roll out a six man rotation of Rubio/Waiters/Wiggins/Bennett/Dieng/Thompson and flip the switch on their rebuild loaded with rookie contracts.

the cavs aquire martin as the floor spreading two guard along LeBron and Irving. Irving-Martin-James-Love-Zeller. that team will dominate the east for the next five seasons.

That would be perfect! You are so smart...

Teufelshunde4
05-22-2014, 08:15 AM
If Le-con leaves I really wouldn't care as a HEAT fan, he has done his job. I have always said that the HEAT will re group and continue winning titles, with or without Lbj. Pat has sent up a championship culture down here.

You can thank Wade for talking his friend into coming... Riley was not the architect of the whole deal. Heat championship culture will leave when those group moves on.. NBA is a star driven league.. Its gonna take some losing and some good luck to get back the talent the current Heat roster has..

And Barkley is right..... Lots of front runners occupying Heat fandom these days

Big Zo
05-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Congratulations, you're halfway there to dominating like the Bulls of the 90's. Oh and that remark was completely irrelevant, don't insult a team with: more championships, a far superior history, that has made the playoffs 9/10 seasons, and actually deserves to have Michael Jordan's number retired

Just keep watching those highlights from 20 years ago. MJ is long gone, and now your best player is some guy that looks like a struggling young Puerto Rican mother. :)

Riodagoat
05-22-2014, 09:31 AM
While I agree with most people when they say a lot of Heat "fans" were Cavs fans, a lot of them ARE real fans. Disrespectful for him to say something like that. When you team sucks for a long time, of course the fans won't be as visible. If you team suddenly went from bottom to top, wouldn't you be more proactive in supporting your team too?

FlashBolt
05-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Here's the problem. Barkley is damn right. Just compare the fans back when LeBron was there in Cleveland to Miami Heat fans when LeBron is there. They don't give a damn. They want to party, talk about their yachts, and where they are going to eat next. Well, that happens in LAL, NYK, and many other places too so that's not an excuse. Miami fans don't know anything. I've been there and they have the most casual fan-base ever. Not saying that's bad but Cleveland relies on sports for buzz. They are die-hard fans. Attendance may have dropped but when you lose LeBron, obviously there is going to be a huge drop. At least fans showed up early and had arguably the best crowd noise when LeBron was there. I never see Miami fans go insane. It just doesn't happen there. If LeBron leaves, yes, Miami will be pissed but the atmosphere in Cleveland is much more energetic.

slashsnake
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Here's the problem. Barkley is damn right. Just compare the fans back when LeBron was there in Cleveland to Miami Heat fans when LeBron is there. They don't give a damn. They want to party, talk about their yachts, and where they are going to eat next. Well, that happens in LAL, NYK, and many other places too so that's not an excuse. Miami fans don't know anything. I've been there and they have the most casual fan-base ever. Not saying that's bad but Cleveland relies on sports for buzz. They are die-hard fans. Attendance may have dropped but when you lose LeBron, obviously there is going to be a huge drop. At least fans showed up early and had arguably the best crowd noise when LeBron was there. I never see Miami fans go insane. It just doesn't happen there. If LeBron leaves, yes, Miami will be pissed but the atmosphere in Cleveland is much more energetic.

Cleveland was just the same though. Their fans don't show up for a bad team, they were 4th, 2nd, and 8th from last in the NBA the past three years in attendance. Their fans in a city with the nightlife of Cleveland don't show up.

The Heat pre-lebron sold tickets a LOT better than Cleveland without him. In fact they were pretty close to selling what Cleveland sold WITH Lebron.

But the #1 issue..

What has Gilbert done to show he can build and sustain a champion? Lebron gave him nearly a decade and the best things he could find was worn out players and Mo Williams. The day Lebron left, Cleveland set historic marks for losing with what they had tried to build around him. And it hasn't stopped. What about their drafting lately... 6 first round picks... Waiters, Karasev, Bennett, Cunningham, Thompson and Kyrie, have you saying that is the kind of front office who will get me talent?

If his goal is winning, and I believe it is, rebuilding a team in Cleveland doesn't seem to be a priority to be working on in the prime of your career. Go there for your next contract, not this one. Play there in the twilight of your career. But I would much rather put my championship hopes in Riley or just about anyone than Gilbert.

therealwd27
05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Just keep watching those highlights from 20 years ago. MJ is long gone, and now your best player is some guy that looks like a struggling young Puerto Rican mother. :)

Lmao ouch

pacofunk64
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
The only way LeBron will ever pass Michael Jordans legacy is if he joins the Bulls and wins multiple championships. It doesn't matter how many more championships he wins from here on out. He will always be criticized for joining up with other stars. By joining the Bulls he could win over the greatest MJ supporters.

J_M_B
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Well for starters when Lebron was there, especially in the playoffs their fans were loud, rowdy, and always sold out. You watch Miami games and there are empty seats everywhere. Not to mention leaving game 6 of the finals early. Miami fans are some of the worst in the business.

Cleveland for Home games
2001 80%
2002 70.9%
2003 55.9%
2004 88.9%
2005 93.0%
2006 94.0%
2007 99.4%
2008 99.5%
2009 97.3%
2010 100%
2011 97.8% ----> Year after Lebron left... Still showing up to games...2012 77.5%
2013 78.7%
2014 84.3%

Heat

2001 84%
2002 81.6%
2003 78.2%
2004 77.8%
2005 101.4%
2006 101.8%
2007 100.6%
2008 99.3%
2009 93.0%
2010 90.5%
2011 100.9%
2012 101.7%
2013 102.0%
2014 100.9%

Fans had already renewed their season tickets before LeBron bolted..

Good try though

Stinkyoutsider
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Not sure if Lebron will go back to the Cavs unless the owner asks him to. I'm sure Lebron still remembers the comments from Cavs ownership after he made "the decision".

I think Lebron will continue to play in Miami until he gets close to retirement. Even after Wade leaves the game, you have Pat Riley and Lebron. One's the best player on the planet and the other won't take no for an answer (Riley) if you show interest in playing for the Heat.

Lo Porto
05-22-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm a Jazz fan so going ahead and putting that out there.

I hope LeBron wins the title this year then goes back to Cleveland. It would be a strong message going from big market to small market. I also agree with Chuck that LeBron learned a lot from his "Decision" mistake. I never blamed LeBron for going to Miami, but I always blamed him for how he went to Miami.

People have to remember - LeBron wants to win titles as much or more than anybody. The Cleveland FO completely blew the opportunity for him to win titles there when they built a team of overpaid underwhelming players like Varejao, Jamison, Mo Williams, Big Z, etc. LeBron had to leave to win titles. Now he can come back to win titles.

TheIlladelph16
05-22-2014, 01:08 PM
The only way LeBron will ever pass Michael Jordans legacy is if he joins the Bulls and wins multiple championships. It doesn't matter how many more championships he wins from here on out. He will always be criticized for joining up with other stars. By joining the Bulls he could win over the greatest MJ supporters.

Quite frankly, Lebron doesn't have to prove anything to ****ing Chicago fans. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore. I'm sure he would love to win the most titles ever, MVPs, etc. but he's already cemented his Top 10 legacy. He doesn't need go to a town simply to win over people who cling to Jordan's nuts and claim he will never be surpassed. Why would he care about that when he's on his way to his fourth finals in four years?

As much as I agree with Charles assessment of Miami fans in general, I don't think Cleveland's fan base "deserves" him back or anything really. They acted like a bunch of immature a**holes after the Decision. That's great if he does go back there, but they're not "deserving" or "entitled" to it like Charles seems to imply here.

mjm07
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
I can't wait to party on my yacht while barely watch HEAT playoffs games as naked latinas popp mollys. As I eat caviar while sipping on some blue and smoking a black dragon. This Sat is going to be fun. No need to use my front court seats next to the HEAT bench anyway. Let me see if Barkley wants to join.

ryang
05-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Lots of people are saying there down here and see it. Where u at? West palm? Our fans care just as much as any. The only argument you can make is that we love football alittle more then basketball. That's it. If the Cavs never get another Lebron type in 10 yrs there fan base will look non existint. Charles justs wants attention. He came down here and had to be moved inside the arena due to us throwing things and threatining his life so not sure what part of south florida you people supposedly visit.

jkcronyn
05-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I want Lebron to leave MIA because I think Wade's knees are about cashed. He'llbe TMAC status pretty soon.

Bron to CLE would be cool, I hope Wade retires in MIA.

The interesting piece is now Bosh because adding him to Chicago, Golden State or Houston would be championship status in at least one of those situations.

NYKnickFanatic
05-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Lots of people are saying there down here and see it. Where u at? West palm? Our fans care just as much as any. The only argument you can make is that we love football alittle more then basketball. That's it. If the Cavs never get another Lebron type in 10 yrs there fan base will look non existint. Charles justs wants attention. He came down here and had to be moved inside the arena due to us throwing things and threatining his life so not sure what part of south florida you people supposedly visit.

Stay classy...

omdigga
05-22-2014, 03:06 PM
whats up with the doo doo posts?? :confused::speechless::puke:

pacofunk64
05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Quite frankly, Lebron doesn't have to prove anything to ****ing Chicago fans. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore. I'm sure he would love to win the most titles ever, MVPs, etc. but he's already cemented his Top 10 legacy. He doesn't need go to a town simply to win over people who cling to Jordan's nuts and claim he will never be surpassed. Why would he care about that when he's on his way to his fourth finals in four years?

As much as I agree with Charles assessment of Miami fans in general, I don't think Cleveland's fan base "deserves" him back or anything really. They acted like a bunch of immature a**holes after the Decision. That's great if he does go back there, but they're not "deserving" or "entitled" to it like Charles seems to imply here.

I never said he had anything to prove to Chicago fans. If he wants to surpass the greatest basketball player of all time there is no better way of doing it then to win Championships in Chicago. Regardless this is all pointless if he does not have the desire to be known as the greatest. At this point why wouldn't you?

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 03:58 PM

Cleveland for Home games
2001 80%
2002 70.9%
2003 55.9%
2004 88.9%
2005 93.0%
2006 94.0%
2007 99.4%
2008 99.5%
2009 97.3%
2010 100%
2011 97.8% ----> Year after Lebron left... Still showing up to games...
2012 77.5%
2013 78.7%
2014 84.3%

Heat

2001 84%
2002 81.6%
2003 78.2%
2004 77.8%
2005 101.4%
2006 101.8%
2007 100.6%
2008 99.3%
2009 93.0%
2010 90.5%
2011 100.9%
2012 101.7%
2013 102.0%
2014 100.9%

People don't seem to understand that the Miami franchise is a relatively young organization that doesn't have generational fans like Boston, LA, Chicago, etc. When compared to teams that joined the NBA around the same time (1988) - Hornets, Magic, and T Wolves - our attendance is light years ahead of theirs.

Look at the 2007-08 season for the Heat when we won 15 games... we had 99% attendance. Worst in the business? lol. Stop talking out of your ***. I know we don't have the best fans, but the amount of **** that we receive is completely unfair and untrue. Since people can't find anything bad to say about the city of Miami or the team, everyone just turns to talking **** about the fans because that's the popular thing to do.

Also, you said there's empty seats everywhere even though you yourself put the attendance and i'm sure you can read..... 100+% the past 4 years. Are you talking about the handful of empty seats in the first 5 minutes of the game? If you are, that's a horrible reason to label the fans as "horrible".

Finally, stop acting like Miami fans were the first team to file out of the stadium before the fame was over. It's a fact that fans of every sport do they same thing, in fact Indiana did it on Tuesday.

Please, come back with an actual argument and not the same **** that everyone says...

ryang
05-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Stay classy...

With Barkley that's a hard thing to do.

NYKnickFanatic
05-22-2014, 04:08 PM
With Barkley that's a hard thing to do.

Dude, do you hear half the **** he talks about the Knicks? I just laugh it off because it's funny and true, most of the time.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:14 PM

How is that relevant in this discussion?

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Fans had already renewed their season tickets before LeBron bolted..

Good try though

That doesn't mean they have to show up to games, those are attendance numbers not tickets sold.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:20 PM
That doesn't mean they have to show up to games, those are attendance numbers not tickets sold.

Are you suggesting that Cleveland fans are "good" because they showed up to games that they already purchased?

Also, whose to say the same people that bought the season tix are the same ones going to the game? They could of sold them on StubHub, the Cavs website, the street, to friends/family...

Nice try though.

FlashBolt
05-22-2014, 04:20 PM
People don't seem to understand that the Miami franchise is a relatively young organization that doesn't have generational fans like Boston, LA, Chicago, etc. When compared to teams that joined the NBA around the same time (1988) - Hornets, Magic, and T Wolves - our attendance is light years ahead of theirs.

Look at the 2007-08 season for the Heat when we won 15 games... we had 99% attendance. Worst in the business? lol. Stop talking out of your ***. I know we don't have the best fans, but the amount of **** that we receive is completely unfair and untrue. Since people can't find anything bad to say about the city of Miami or the team, everyone just turns to talking **** about the fans because that's the popular thing to do.

Also, you said there's empty seats everywhere even though you yourself put the attendance and i'm sure you can read..... 100+% the past 4 years. Are you talking about the handful of empty seats in the first 5 minutes of the game? If you are, that's a horrible reason to label the fans as "horrible".

Finally, stop acting like Miami fans were the first team to file out of the stadium before the fame was over. It's a fact that fans of every sport do they same thing, in fact Indiana did it on Tuesday.

Please, come back with an actual argument and not the same **** that everyone says...

You do realize that once a ticket is purchased, that counts as attending, right? You see it. TNT airs it all the time. Fans don't show up and when they do, they are boring. Plain fact, simple and easy. Cleveland fans go wild. They will cheer and are energetic.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:21 PM

First off the city of Miami sucks *** as a pure place to live, got multiple buddies who live down there and go to the U and says its awful. Regardless, you can't tell me your fans are not some of the worst in the business. You watch playoff games and fans walk in casually in the 2nd quarter like nothing is wrong. If you had a Big 3 of Wade Lebron and Bosh in just about any other city fans would be pouring in well before tip-off (EX: Cleveland). Also Miami fans leave games early all the time and generally very quiet. Multiple players and announcers have come out and said its one of the most quiet venues out there. That falls on the fans. Sorry for speaking the truth. Does Miami even chant defense anymore? Like seriously their fans are beyond quiet.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
You do realize that once a ticket is purchased, that counts as attending, right? You see it. TNT airs it all the time. Fans don't show up and when they do, they are boring. Plain fact, simple and easy. Cleveland fans go wild. They will cheer and are energetic.

How dare you pepper him with the truth.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Are you suggesting that Cleveland fans are "good" because they showed up to games that they already purchased?

Also, whose to say the same people that bought the season tix are the same ones going to the game? They could of sold them on StubHub, the Cavs website, the street, to friends/family...

Nice try though.

I'm saying the year after Lebron left when they were god awful do you not remember the atmosphere when Lebron returned? That right there alone would NEVER EVER happen in Miami. And yes them going with a 97.8% rate is pretty impressive for how ****** they were.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM

No, what TNT shows is the first 5 minutes of the game when fans are still filing in. I concede the fact that Heat fans show up late, but that's a poor excuse for labeling them as bad.

I've had season tix the past two years, and the stadium gets completely packed by the end of the 1st. You, along with the rest of the world, are just eating up the BS that everyone talks. The constant **** Heat fans take will probably never end, but whatever.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:28 PM
No, what TNT shows is the first 5 minutes of the game when fans are still filing in. I concede the fact that Heat fans show up late, but that's a poor excuse for labeling them as bad.

I've had season tix the past two years, and the stadium gets completely packed by the end of the 1st. You, along with the rest of the world, are just eating up the BS that everyone talks. The constant **** Heat fans take will probably never end, but whatever.

Because it takes until the end of the first for the arena to get packed to see one of the greatest teams ever built and to top it off your fans are quiet for the majority of the game and provide no home court advantage.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 04:29 PM
I hope Lebron stays in Miami.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:32 PM
First off the city of Miami sucks *** as a pure place to live, got multiple buddies who live down there and go to the U and says its awful. Regardless, you can't tell me your fans are not some of the worst in the business. You watch playoff games and fans walk in casually in the 2nd quarter like nothing is wrong. If you had a Big 3 of Wade Lebron and Bosh in just about any other city fans would be pouring in well before tip-off (EX: Cleveland). Also Miami fans leave games early all the time and generally very quiet. Multiple players and announcers have come out and said its one of the most quiet venues out there. That falls on the fans. Sorry for speaking the truth. Does Miami even chant defense anymore? Like seriously their fans are beyond quiet.

Well you're friends are anti social as **** and probably stay in the dorms all day. To say that Miami is boring is all i need to know about them. It may not be the safest place in the world, but it is not boring.

FlashBolt
05-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Stop making excuses. I very much doubt you had season tickets the past two years and instead is using that as grounds for an argument. If you do have tickets, please post them for us to see and feel free to blur out anything personal. Other than that, stop with the lies. We see it on televised games. Again, I'm not berating Heat fans. I'm berating the ones who show up to the game and act as if they were forced to attend them. You're telling me Miami's crowd is as great as LeBron's Cleveland squad? Gimme a break, dude. Not even close. The simple fact that you did not know attendance is based off ticket sales already hurt your credibility, pal.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Because it takes until the end of the first for the arena to get packed to see one of the greatest teams ever built and to top it off your fans are quiet for the majority of the game and provide no home court advantage.

When compared to GS, OKC, SAC, CHI, BOS, they don't even come close when it comes to loudness. But again you're just talking garbage by saying we don't chant blah blah blah. It's not even worth arguing because it's just your opinion vs mine. I go to the games and i know first hand it is NOT quiet, but you probably won't believe me because you have your own opinion, albeit based on nothing.

ryang
05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Don't bother arguing with clowns bro. I live in broward and will say if I had to live in the heart of Miami I'd shoot myself. The traffic is awful which makes getting to our bayside arena almost impossible. I have a family and won't no part of that lifestyle anymore. As far as attendance goes if you look up where the sets don't cost a grand a game you'd see we are packed. The lower bowl is where the filthy rich people sit. I have a house that's amazing and paid off. Wanna know how? I don't spend 3 grand to take the family to a game. Upper deck when I go after parking , beer , tickets etc etc i still don't leave without dropping a grand. No thanks. I chose to buy a 4,000 dollar Sony Bravia led flat screen instead. Had season tickets for many years. Simply better to see the game from home. Now if the Knicks were in town Saturday night I'd be there other then that my tv has a much better picture then almost any seat in the stadium can provide.

Let them have the whole our fans suck thing. I love my team and have since 88. Before that I watched the magic because we didn't have a basketball team. I continue to enjoy championships while these little girls try and take something from that.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Stop making excuses. I very much doubt you had season tickets the past two years and instead is using that as grounds for an argument. If you do have tickets, please post them for us to see and feel free to blur out anything personal. Other than that, stop with the lies. We see it on televised games. Again, I'm not berating Heat fans. I'm berating the ones who show up to the game and act as if they were forced to attend them. You're telling me Miami's crowd is as great as LeBron's Cleveland squad? Gimme a break, dude. Not even close. The simple fact that you did not know attendance is based off ticket sales already hurt your credibility, pal.

Lol umm no. You think i give a **** you guys believe me or not? Like honestly, do you seriously think i care about what you people, whom i don't even know or care to know, think of me?

Those "real" and "loud" Clv fans clearly only show up when their team is good so does that still make them good
fans because their loud lol?

cmellofan15
05-22-2014, 04:49 PM
LeBron leaving Miami to go to Cleveland for some baseless argument about fans.... :laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Don't bother arguing with clowns bro. I live in broward and will say if I had to live in the heart of Miami I'd shoot myself. The traffic is awful which makes getting to our bayside arena almost impossible. I have a family and won't no part of that lifestyle anymore. As far as attendance goes if you look up where the sets don't cost a grand a game you'd see we are packed. The lower bowl is where the filthy rich people sit. I have a house that's amazing and paid off. Wanna know how? I don't spend 3 grand to take the family to a game. Upper deck when I go after parking , beer , tickets etc etc i still don't leave without dropping a grand. No thanks. I chose to buy a 4,000 dollar Sony Bravia led flat screen instead. Had season tickets for many years. Simply better to see the game from home. Now if the Knicks were in town Saturday night I'd be there other then that my tv has a much better picture then almost any seat in the stadium can provide.

Let them have the whole our fans suck thing. I love my team and have since 88. Before that I watched the magic because we didn't have a basketball team. I continue to enjoy championships while these little girls try and take something from that.

I honestly regret arguing about this **** cuz i just wasted my time lol. Like i said before, the **** the Miami fans receive will never end because that's literally the only thing people can talk **** about even though it's BS. Everyone just rallies around that notion to make it true.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Well you're friends are anti social as **** and probably stay in the dorms all day. To say that Miami is boring is all i need to know about them. It may not be the safest place in the world, but it is not boring.

Where did I say that it is boring? They're both juniors in fraternities, they have fun.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I sincerely hope Lebron retires in Miami.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 04:52 PM
When compared to GS, OKC, SAC, CHI, BOS, they don't even come close when it comes to loudness. But again you're just talking garbage by saying we don't chant blah blah blah. It's not even worth arguing because it's just your opinion vs mine. I go to the games and i know first hand it is NOT quiet, but you probably won't believe me because you have your own opinion, albeit based on nothing.

when players, former players, and announcers come out and say that Miami is one of the quietest places to play I tend to agree. Plus I watch on TV, **** is quiet.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 04:56 PM
These players care more about winning and quality of life (environment,money,etc.) then how loud fans cheer. At least that's what I would care about....maybe I am crazy tho:/

chitown85
05-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Just saying I wouldn't want to live in Cleveland...Miami or Cleveland? Is this really a debate? Winning...maybe, but other places Bron could go to win then Cleveland...and burning his jerseys...it was a bad divorce. Anything is possible tho.

ryang
05-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Tune in Saturday. Then tune back in for the finals. We're loud when were in the big games. How the **** are we supposed to scream out heads off against Charlotte? Or any game in the regular season? For what? We don't need to in order to win. Like I said tune in Saturday and then for the finals. Clowns

chitown85
05-22-2014, 05:04 PM
No need to call people clowns. We all get bent out of shape at times tho (myself included/both ways). Did I say I really hope he retires in Miami?

mjm07
05-22-2014, 05:26 PM

LMAO!!! Now i've heard it all. I mean if cow tipping is what they enjoy yeah Miami would be boring.

Big Zo
05-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Stop lying, you know you're only friends with stuffed animals.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Tune in Saturday. Then tune back in for the finals. We're loud when were in the big games. How the **** are we supposed to scream out heads off against Charlotte? Or any game in the regular season? For what? We don't need to in order to win. Like I said tune in Saturday and then for the finals. Clowns

Your crowd is NEVER loud.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
LMAO!!! Now i've heard it all. I mean if cow tipping is what they enjoy yeah Miami would be boring.

Where did I say Miami is boring? Reading is tough but come on.

ryang
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Then you haven't seen the eastern conference finals or the finals in the past 4 years. They have hearing aids. Buy one for Saturday.

ryang
05-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Chi town was awfly quiet against the wizards. Do I care? Na. Just happy they lost again

chitown85
05-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Just saying I wouldn't want to live in Cleveland...Miami or Cleveland? Is this really a debate? Winning...maybe, but other places Bron could go to win then Cleveland...and burning his jerseys...it was a bad divorce. Anything is possible tho.

Chi town was awfly quiet against the wizards. Do I care? Na. Just happy they lost again

So am I. Wasn't like we had action at winning this year anyway; rather reserve our players (Noah isn't getting younger). Actually, I wish the Bulls were in the lottery...glad they made the playoffs I suppose (for whatever principle it proves); but wasn't excited about it. Until we can actually have action at winning it all...what's the point?

L8kers4life
05-22-2014, 06:49 PM

To sum up this thread...

Everyone that is tired of seeing the HEAT/Lbj win, will agree that he should go back to the Cav's (but all these people are hypocrites). Lbj has won and loss titles with the HEAT, he has achieved his greatest accomplishments here; but other fan basses want him to leave.

If Le-con leaves I really wouldn't care as a HEAT fan, he has done his job. I have always said that the HEAT will re group and continue winning titles, with or without Lbj. Pat has sent up a
championship culture down here.

I disagree, I woke love LeBron in L.A. but that does not mean he should leave Miami, he can do something Jordan and Kobe could never do, win 4 champion ships in a row, that would be Amazing. Stay iN MIAMI. But with that said, you heat fans are terrible, hell almost your entire stadium left last year in the finals left when yoh thought your team lost, that was pathetic.

ATX
05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
…And a **** ton of Pacers fans left early in game 2, despite a valiant comeback effort. It's never a good idea to generalize an entire fan base, as all have good fans, fair-weather fans, and trolls. The fans that left early in game 6 were stupid, and got what they deserved; Not being allowed back in…But what about the majority that stayed? Are they these horrible people that some are saying? Of course not. If you want to generalize the entire Heat fan base, then one could do the same when it comes to generalizing the entire city of Cleveland itself, as a much worse city and place to live than the city of Miami. Maybe NBA stars just don't like playing in Cleveland because it's a "Miserable city" Here's link from Forbes most miserable cities in America: http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/11/americas-most-miserable-cities-business-beltway-miserable-cities.html

L8kers4life
05-22-2014, 07:16 PM

To sum up this thread...

If Le-con leaves I really wouldn't care as a HEAT fan, he has done his job. I have always said that the HEAT will re group and continue winning titles, with or without Lbj. Pat has sent up a
championship culture down here.

I disagree, I woke love LeBron in L.A. but that does not mean he should leave Miami, he can do something Jordan and Kobe could never do, win 4 champion ships in a row, that would be Amazing. Stay iN MIAMI. But with that said, you heat fans are terrible, hell almost your entire stadium left last year in the finals left when yoh thought your team lost, that was pathetic.

Arch Stanton
05-22-2014, 07:22 PM
…And a **** ton of Pacers fans left early in game 2, despite a valiant comeback effort. It's never a good idea to generalize an entire fan base, as all have good fans, fair-weather fans, and trolls. The fans that left early in game 6 were stupid, and got what they deserved; Not being allowed back in…But what about the majority that stayed? Are they these horrible people that some are saying? Of course not. If you want to generalize the entire Heat fan base, then one could do the same when it comes to generalizing the entire city of Cleveland itself, as a much worse city and place to live than the city of Miami. Maybe NBA stars just don't like playing in Cleveland because it's a "Miserable city" Here's link from Forbes most miserable cities in America: http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/11/americas-most-miserable-cities-business-beltway-miserable-cities.html

I love how you start your statement by saying it's never a good idea to generalize, then you end it by making a generalization. Okay then...

It's never a good idea to be a racist, but I hate (input race)

chitown85
05-22-2014, 07:25 PM

Good points. Yeah, like I said , I sure wouldn't want to live in Cleveland, Ohio...it's silly comparing the two cities...they represent such opposite ends of the spectrum... Speaking of great cities...I miss ATX at times (went to school at UT), that's an underrated great place to live.

ATX
05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I love how you start your statement by saying it's never a good idea to generalize, then you end it by making a generalization. Okay then...

It's never a good idea to be a racist, but I hate (input race)

That was the point…That's probably not fair to a lot of Clevelanders, and an added jab towards the posters I was referring to who were calling out Miami as a city. If you want to call out Miami fans than one could call out Cleveland as a whole. And your attempt at in insult with the "Racist" quip is in poor taste.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Fair or not isn't the point...life isn't fair (cliche but true). Cleveland, Ohio isn't somewhere anybody takes vacation at or dreams to live...it is what it is.

Arch Stanton
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
That was the point…That's probably not fair to a lot of Clevelanders, and an added jab towards the posters I was referring to who were calling out Miami as a city. And your attempt at in insult with the "Racist" quip is in poor taste.

You make the rules. We'll all follow.

WITZ
05-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Hey look this Forbes article has Miami at # 1 most miserable city and its not from 2010. Guess playing in a miserable city isn't that big a deal after all.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45hdlg/1-miami-fla/

ATX
05-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Good points. Yeah, like I said , I sure wouldn't want to live in Cleveland, Ohio...it's silly comparing the two cities...they represent such opposite ends of the spectrum... Speaking of great cities...I miss ATX at times (went to school at UT), that's an underrated great place to live.

That's cool, UT is a great school educationally as well as for fun. Are you a Longhorns fan? It's growing like mad. Formula 1, X games are just a start. There are groups actively pursuing Austin as a home to an MLB, NBA, and MLS franchise as well as a PGA event. All of these will not come to fruition probably, but all signs point to Austin having a professional franchise within the next half decade or so.

Arch Stanton
05-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey look this Forbes article has Miami at # 1 most miserable city and its not from 2010. Guess playing in a miserable city isn't that big a deal after all.

That can't be a real article because the general consensus of PSD posters is that it is the best place to visit. They all get their travel advice from Joakim Noah.:laugh:

ATX
05-22-2014, 07:49 PM

While this does not dissuade me in any from believing that Cleveland is the armpit of the USA, it was educational for me. I had no idea Miami was in such a mortgage crisis. Touche

chitown85
05-22-2014, 07:56 PM
That's cool, UT is a great school educationally as well as for fun. Are you a Longhorns fan? It's growing like mad. Formula 1, X games are just a start. There are groups actively pursuing Austin as a home to an MLB, NBA, and MLS franchise as well as a PGA event. All of these will not come to fruition probably, but all signs point to Austin having a professional franchise within the next half decade or so.

Yeah, I like the Longhorns basketball team; their football team is nothing like it was when I went there. Was able to watch KD play before he went pro (my Junior year); so that was a blast. Yeah, Austin is blowing up...that F1 track is supposed to be one of the nicest tracks in the world. My friend rented his lake Travis house out to some middle easterners for around 50k for 2 weeks during the races...the local Cadillac dealership was letting people test drive the new models on it as well from what I hear. Yeah, it was a blast at UT...6th street, 5th, Warehouse, SoCo, and SXSW...memories for sure. Probably move back at some point...definitely will consider it if the opportunity arises.

ATX
05-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I like the Longhorns basketball team; their football team is nothing like it was when I went there. Was able to watch KD play before he went pro (my Junior year); so that was a blast. Yeah, Austin is blowing up...that F1 track is supposed to be one of the nicest tracks in the world. My friend rented his lake Travis house out to some middle easterners for around 50k for 2 weeks during the races...the local Cadillac dealership was letting people test drive the new models on it as well from what I hear. Yeah, it was a blast at UT...6th street, 5th, Warehouse, SoCo, and SXSW...memories for sure. Probably move back at some point...definitely will consider it if the opportunity arises.

Right on. It was a joy seeing a player such as Durant on the Horns. One plus is that if you buy here, you are almost guaranteed to bank on it when you sell, or if you just rent if you needed to move again. The downside of course aside from the traffic are the escalating housing costs.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Right on. It was a joy seeing a player such as Durant on the Horns. One plus is that if you buy here, you are almost guaranteed to bank on it when you sell, or if you just rent if you needed to move again. The downside of course aside from the traffic are the escalating housing costs.

For sure. I went there about 18 months ago and the traffic downtown and on MoPac was way crazier than before...but change and growth is a good thing. Yeah, out here in Cali the prices are retarted, like 1.3 for a 3 bedroom house (in my area anyway, sure the hood is better)...couple that with the horrible tax situation out here...Austin and a beautiful tax situation is a much more ideal place to set down roots if and when that happens imo. Austin is the perfect balance of big city activities with a smallish town/eclectic culture...hope that doesn't change too much.

ryang
05-22-2014, 08:20 PM

It was 400 people in the lower bowl. Facts suck huh?

ATX
05-22-2014, 08:24 PM
For sure. I went there about 18 months ago and the traffic downtown and on MoPac was way crazier than before...but change and growth is a good thing. Yeah, out here in Cali the prices are retarted, like 1.3 for a 3 bedroom house (in my area anyway, sure the hood is better)...couple that with the horrible tax situation out here...Austin and a beautiful tax situation is a much more ideal place to set down roots if and when that happens imo. Austin is the perfect balance of big city activities with a smallish town/eclectic culture...hope that doesn't change too much.

Me too. That's certainly a concern when you grow at such a rapid rate. As for Cali, that's a good example as to what's happening here (In regards to housing), especially considering the influx of Californians transplanting to Austin.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Me too. That's certainly a concern when you grow at such a rapid rate. As for Cali, that's a good example as to what's happening here (In regards to housing), especially considering the influx of Californians transplanting to Austin.

Yeah, I moved from there to here and want to find my way back at some point ironically...lol. Had a lot of job offers coming out; but wanted to check out Cali... Hindsight..cest la vie, Bay Area is nice too and I enjoy it. Yeah, Austin is a "technopolis," second to Silicon Valley in tech and with the aforementioned beautiful taxes, there is a lot of companies and talents that are wanting to move there...hoping it doesn't blow up too much and the prices don't get too stupid before I find my way back,lol

chitown85
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Speaking of taxes, Miami (Florida) has a beautiful tax situation as well compared to most other states.

85BearsDefense
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Annnnnd credibility has been lost.

Tony_Starks
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
I Cleveland drafts Embiid and he becomes a stud. Then I hope they resign Deng, sign Kevin Love,and Pierce and Dirk agree to come off the bench. Then and only then could Lebron finally be surrounded with the talent he so rightfully deserves and has been missing....

ryang
05-22-2014, 10:07 PM

It was quiet. U could hear a mouse fart. Watch a re run after you buy that hearing aid.

85BearsDefense
05-23-2014, 05:46 AM

It was quiet. U could hear a mouse fart. Watch a re run after you buy that hearing aid.

One it wasn't quiet, 2 it's a huge difference bulls were bad this year and without their best player. No shot at title contention what-so-ever. Fans still show up and are loud. Miami rolls out Wade Lebron Ray Allen Bosh... Annnnnd the fans suck, show up late, and are quiet. It's quite simple.

Big Zo
05-23-2014, 09:17 AM
One it wasn't quiet, 2 it's a huge difference bulls were bad this year and without their best player. No shot at title contention what-so-ever. Fans still show up and are loud. Miami rolls out Wade Lebron Ray Allen Bosh... Annnnnd the fans suck, show up late, and are quiet. It's quite simple.

Why are you so worried about fans? Are you some kind of fanboy or something?

Master Mind
05-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Ppl view Heat fans like how other countries view Americans.

ryang
05-23-2014, 12:59 PM

Not when we are in eastern conference finals or the finals. It's very simple guy. We don't scream for Charlotte. Why would we? We expect to the in the eastern conference finals. That's when it's game time for us. Our team has pretty much the same attitude if you haven't noticed. Again who gives a ****. I love my team and always will. We have plenty of real fans and If you don't agree good for you. It simply means you've either never been to south florida or you just have nothing better to do then to tell us the fans of Miami don't deserve this. Ill enjoy these wins all the same.

ryang
05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Again the bulls fans were not that loud. We do the same except we don't suck like the bulls were just so good the first 2 rounds are a formality. Same thing to me. I don't need to yell and scream as we're up by 12. Ill simply clap, say good job and get ready for a real series to approach.

slashsnake
05-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Ok, I don't think Lebron is going to base his free agent decision on which fan shows up 5 minutes before the October game against the Jazz..

He's pretty well liked in Miami by the fans, and nationally for the fans he's weathered the storm of the decision.

So based on actual things that would matter to him which sounds better?

Money... Miami could offer the most. But not sure he goes for the highest dollar. He gets 40+ million a year in endorsement money, and the better team/market will help that. I've seen numbers saying he saved 25 mil in taxes choosing Miami over NY as well, so that is a bonus. I don't think that money in salary truly decides it though.

Front office. Riley vs. Gilbert. Not really a tough one here to pick.

Coaching... Spoelstra vs. vacant. I don't think any coaching hire by Cleveland gives them the edge.

Teammates for the next few years. This is interesting. Cleveland does have the youth. And this might be the biggest factor here. Does he trust Riley to retool? Does he trust Cleveland to get talent with all those first rounders.

I guess if Lebron really does want to go home, and I was him, I'd sign the player extension for a year in Miami and see what happens. Does Bennett take a huge step forward. Does their first rounder this year work out. Do they find a surprisingly good coach. How does Pat retool Miami? Would Kyrie re-sign or go off to a better market to make his own name after a year or two? You get a lot better look at most of those in a year than you have now. The worst thing he could do is go back to Cleveland and the Cavs fail again to field a competitive team around him again, while he's locked into the last prime years of his career.

85BearsDefense
05-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Why are you so worried about fans? Are you some kind of fanboy or something?

No just having a discussion, I do honestly believe that the fans can have a massive impact on games. If you say gave Miami the Golden State fans for a year.... Those games in Miami are vaunted death traps.

85BearsDefense
05-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Again the bulls fans were not that loud. We do the same except we don't suck like the bulls were just so good the first 2 rounds are a formality. Same thing to me. I don't need to yell and scream as we're up by 12. Ill simply clap, say good job and get ready for a real series to approach.

Dont suck like the Bulls lol. I'd love to see the Heat minus Lebron in the playoffs. Can you say 1 and done? Regardless I look at your join date 2010 and know that once Lebron leaves you will leave as well. Bandwagon.

mjm07
05-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Dont suck like the Bulls lol. I'd love to see the Heat minus Lebron in the playoffs. Can you say 1 and done? Regardless I look at your join date 2010 and know that once Lebron leaves you will leave as well. Bandwagon.

So ive been a fan since 2008?

The Miami Arean/AAA have always been packed come playoff time since Seikley, Rice, Smith era, Mourning & timmy, and now with the Dynasty you see. But you keep hating homie! :cool:

ryang
05-23-2014, 09:15 PM

My join date? Well look closer then. It wa before the decision. Been a fan since 88 and before that I watched the magic (we didn't have a team yet) which was probably around the time you were in diapers. The jealousy of fans of other teams is comical. Keep it going tho. It's all you have left.

mngopher35
05-23-2014, 09:29 PM
My join date? Well look closer then. It wa before the decision. Been a fan since 88 and before that I watched the magic (we didn't have a team yet) which was probably around the time you were in diapers. The jealousy of fans of other teams is comical. Keep it going tho. It's all you have left.

As and outsider I find it hilarious for people to use the join date to determine when others became a fan. Is that when they became a fan of their team? This time it's funnier because he called you out for joining before the season ended.

ryang
05-23-2014, 09:40 PM
As and outsider I find it hilarious for people to use the join date to determine when others became a fan. Is that when they became a fan of their team? This time it's funnier because he called you out for joining before the season ended.

As we sucked none the less. I think people like him believe there are millions of people who know about psd. I found this site looking for trade rumors in the nfl. Lol. I'm a physic tho because I knew we'd get Lebron months before it happened. If you need to k ow the future just message me. I got this.

ryang
05-23-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm also a die hard dolphin fan. Front running is in my blood. Lol. Dolphins suck but ill be with them until I die unfortunately.

mngopher35
05-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Ya that's how I found the site as well, rumors for Vikings and Wolves (at least you got one winner). I just don't get that idea that once you become a fan you immediately would go to psd somehow.

ATX
05-23-2014, 09:56 PM
No just having a discussion, I do honestly believe that the fans can have a massive impact on games. If you say gave Miami the Golden State fans for a year.... Those games in Miami are vaunted death traps.

Ya because an 81.4 home winning percentage in the big 3 era is just dreadful.

85BearsDefense
05-25-2014, 01:30 AM

Their winning % with great fans would be 90% or higher

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-25-2014, 02:43 AM

Lol this guy talks in facts when it's purely hypothetical. Please stop, you look dumber by the post.

ryang
05-25-2014, 05:02 AM
With great fans. Lmao. *** clown

Sssmush
05-25-2014, 05:11 AM
It might've been possible, if not for "The Letter."

For everybody out there, this is a real good lesson that we should all learn and constantly be aware of: don't burn your bridges just because you are mad that things aren't going your way right this second.

Don't cuss out that girl you like sexing with because she goes on a date with somebody else, because you never know when she might want to hang out again someday. Don't send an email cussing out your office if you get laid off, because you never know they might want or need you back sooner than you think.

If you get all pissed off in the moment and say a bunch of nasty mean things and burn your bridges then you miss out on all those extra opportunities that acting with class and being nice to people can make possible.

ATX
05-25-2014, 10:56 AM

Playoff home winning % in the big 3 era is slightly better at 36-7, or 84%. They would have to be 39-4 to be at 90%…I think 36-7 is pretty amazing. I mean it's not 39-4 good, but come on, it's damn good. Find me a better home team during the past 4 seasons. To break it down the last 4 playoffs at home. 9-2, 11-2, 10-3, 6-0

slashsnake
05-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post

Not sure why Golden State fans would make them better. Miami’s winning percentage went up by 25% at home. Golden State’s went up 7% at home. So Miami has one of the best home court advantages in the NBA, and Golden State has one of the worst.

Sly Guy
05-26-2014, 03:56 PM
sounds all well and good, but for some reason, I see problems with a irving/lbj combination.

Corey
05-26-2014, 04:37 PM
I actually agree with one of the above posters.

If Miami had the fan presence that Golden State, Portland and OKC have I think it would be a lot more difficult for teams to come in and steal a win.

slashsnake
05-26-2014, 06:30 PM
I actually agree with one of the above posters.

If Miami had the fan presence that Golden State, Portland and OKC have I think it would be a lot more difficult for teams to come in and steal a win.

Why? Miami won the same amount of games as Portland this past year but more home games. Golden State was BETTER than Miami on the road but because they lost more at home they finished behind Miami. 57% of OKC's wins came at home... 59% of Miami's..

Every way you look at it, Miami was better at home than these teams. Maybe fans showing up 5 minutes late doesn't cost a team home wins. Maybe not cheering during blowouts doesn't cost a team to lose in a spectacular comeback. Miami had the same road record as Washington and Phoenix. They won more games and are winning more in the playoffs because they are so much tougher at home.

The year before Miami lost what? 4 games at home all year? 2nd best in the NBA only to the Nuggets who get the altitude and George Karls pace?

The year before, best in the NBA at home even though Chicago had a better record than them.

I can understand them being better than anyone. But why do they have MORE of a home court advantage than anyone if the fans are so bad they bring them down?

So I guess the question is why leave Miami when they have arguably the best home court advantage in the NBA the past few years?

NBA_Starter
05-26-2014, 07:45 PM
sounds all well and good, but for some reason, I see problems with a irving/lbj combination.

Because they both need to have the ball in their hands?

NYSpirit1
05-26-2014, 09:44 PM
I'll tell you who has a fan base. the Knicks. New York City.

Throughout the entire 2000s, they ranked in the top 10 in attendance every year, mostly top 5. This is when they were terrible. Fans still came out.

And the Garden is ELECTRIC when the Knicks are good.

Corey
05-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Why? Miami won the same amount of games as Portland this past year but more home games. Golden State was BETTER than Miami on the road but because they lost more at home they finished behind Miami. 57% of OKC's wins came at home... 59% of Miami's..

Whats your point? Great, Miami has the best team in basketball....They should win almost every game regardless.

That doesn't mean they have a legit home court advantage or a fanbase that puts them over the top...They simply have the best team.

It's the third quarter of game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals and every camera angle picks up on 100 empty seats. They simply dont have the fan devotion that other teams around the league have.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-27-2014, 01:44 AM

Throughout the entire 2000s, they ranked in the top 10 in attendance every year, mostly top 5. This is when they were terrible. Fans still came out.

:clap:

And the greatest fans award goes to......

NO ONE because there's no such thing

P&GRealist
05-27-2014, 01:48 AM
It might've been possible, if not for "The Letter."

For everybody out there, this is a real good lesson that we should all learn and constantly be aware of: don't burn your bridges just because you are mad that things aren't going your way right this second.

Don't cuss out that girl you like sexing with because she goes on a date with somebody else, because you never know when she might want to hang out again someday. Don't send an email cussing out your office if you get laid off, because you never know they might want or need you back sooner than you think.

If you get all pissed off in the moment and say a bunch of nasty mean things and burn your bridges then you miss out on all those extra opportunities that acting with class and being nice to people can make possible.

Very well put. Completely agree with this notion.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Whats your point? Great, Miami has the best team in basketball....They should win almost every game regardless.

That doesn't mean they have a legit home court advantage or a fanbase that puts them over the top...They simply have the best team.

It's the third quarter of game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals and every camera angle picks up on 100 empty seats. They simply dont have the fan devotion that other teams around the league have.

So he brings facts to the table, completely debunking the **** you and the rest of these people are talking and simply refute by saying "they're the best, they're supposed to" and "there's empty seats in the third quarter" (Mind you halftime just ended, maybe they're getting food??? Na they're just terrible fans...). Like i said before, there's nothing anyone can say or even facts to prove (winning % at home and attendance for pre big 3) that will put an end to the BS that Miami fans are the worst in sports. I'm not saying we're the best or even close, but we're definitely not the worst.

Seriously, there hasn't been one legitimate argument in this thread. It's all hypotheticals and "one time i heard some guy say the crowd was quiet so that must be true for every game we've ever played in the AAA."

P&GRealist
05-27-2014, 01:50 AM
:clap:

And the greatest fans award goes to......

NO ONE because there's no such thing
Knicks fans are actually the best NBA fans. I've seen it. They are loyal as hell to that franchise through the thick and thin. They are also one of if not the most knowledgeable NBA fans there exist.

And this is coming from a Laker fan here.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Knicks fans are actually the best NBA fans. I've seen it. They are loyal as hell to that franchise through the thick and thin. They are also one of if not the most knowledgeable NBA fans there exist.

And this is coming from a Laker fan here.

I'm sure they are...

But going by Charles Barkley's logic, since this is how this all started, Lebron to NYK should of been a no brainer. Which proves this is a worthless thing to consider as an athlete when choosing a team.

Lebron should go to the team that gives him the best chance to continue winning, if Charles Barkely believes that's in Cleveland...ok i can accept that. But to say he should go because of the fans and they're "better" than ours is ****ing ridiculous.

ryang
05-27-2014, 04:18 AM

MSG is a tourist attraction in the heart of New York, your going to have fans show. Lets not forget all those years you speak of consisted of "fans" booing the home team and cheering the away teams superstar. The Knicks have the most delusional fan base known to man. Sour grapes at best.

slashsnake
05-27-2014, 02:52 PM

My point is simple. They don't "simply have the best team" on the road. They have a Suns/Wizards type road team. Why are they "the best" as you say? Because they win a disproportionate amount of games on their home court.

You can talk about fans grabbing soda's during game stoppages when the camera's pan the crowd, or not yelling loud enough or whatever you want. That is fine. But the fact is they have a great homecourt advantage when it comes to winning actual games. So if Lebron wants to go to a team with a great homecourt advantage, MIAMI has been one of those teams.

Badluck33
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Cleveland can't have anything nice....

ATX
05-27-2014, 03:00 PM

This is simply not true. I read this and was checking immediately afterwards. There were more empty seats right as you mentioned this, however that right after the 3rd started and fans were still finding there way back to their seats, waiting in line for concessions, whatever (And 100 empty seats is a gross over exaggeration.) Just a few minutes after your comment you had to scour the camera angles to find an open seat. It was a full house...It just was, period.