PDA

View Full Version : Clear-path rule change

moonchild32
05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I strongly believe that fouls on fastbreaks should automatically lead to 2 free throws
whether the defender is in front of the attacking player or not.
The clear path rule just complicates life.

king4day
05-21-2014, 04:01 PM
I disagree. Clear path means they had nothing in the way from scoring. If someone is defending them, there's a real chance to stop the play (ie: LeBron's fast break that he missed which Wade cleaned up).

Then you'd have to start to define what is and isn't a fast break on the plays where you don't know if the player would have had to pull up and slow things down.

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Agreed with king4day, IMO it would only complicate things more.

KnicksorBust
05-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I disagree. Clear path means they had nothing in the way from scoring. If someone is defending them, there's a real chance to stop the play (ie: LeBron's fast break that he missed which Wade cleaned up).

Then you'd have to start to define what is and isn't a fast break on the plays where you don't know if the player would have had to pull up and slow things down.

That would be an absolute ****-show. I completely agree with this post. What defines a fastbreak? An outlet pass, 2-3 guys in transition? How many defenders? Where do you have to be on the court? So much subjectivity. Clear path is easy and logical. No need to change a damn thing.

D-Leethal
05-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Fouling a guy who is in a mad dash (which everyone is on a clear path fast break) from behind is the most dangerous play in basketball. Thats why its 2 shots and the ball. Because its dangerous as hell.