PDA

View Full Version : Paul George has a concussion from Wade knee

IndyRealist
05-21-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/#/story/news/paul-george-update

d00d
05-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I think they all did judging from that 4th quarter offensive debacle. Looked like 5 retards playing JV ball.

ManRam
05-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Freak play. Hope he's good to go. Luckily they get some time off, so I'm sure he will be.

hoosiercubsfan
05-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Freak play. Hope he's good to go. Luckily they get some time off, so I'm sure he will be.

Yep now thank goodness for those 4 days off. He should be good to go by Saturday by what the local media is reporting.

Wade n Fade
05-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I hope the league enforces the protocol rules since the Pacers didn't follow them properly. The league failed to suspend George for leaving the bench in an alteration in the Hawks Pacers series, so I don't see them doing anything because it will "alter their ratings."

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 03:19 PM
The King of giving others concussions. Everyone remember the 2012 all star game when he broke Kobe's nose, which led to a concussion?

WITZ
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I hope the league enforces the protocol rules since the Pacers didn't follow them properly. The league failed to suspend George for leaving the bench in an alteration in the Hawks Pacers series, so I don't see them doing anything because it will "alter their ratings."

The rule doesn't state you can't leave the bench...

GiantsSwaGG
05-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Rigged

Gibby23
05-21-2014, 03:57 PM
I knew it as soon as I saw the play. He was knocked out and the Pacers didn't even take him out. If I know it from my couch, the Pacers knew it too. They risked their own star to try and win the game. Isn't that against the rules in the NBA? Doesn't a Doc have to check them out before they are put back in?

still1ballin
05-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Can the heat get any luckier? Jesus!

ManRam
05-21-2014, 04:04 PM

Are you suggesting this is something George should be suspended for? If the team/doctor's didn't implement the proper protocol, than they get in trouble. This is literally nothing that George should or will ever get in trouble for.

And I maintain that not suspending him for "leaving the bench" was absolutely the right call. He never left the immediate vicinity of the bench, which is what the rules dictate. We have new people in charge of these things, and I'm glad they are using the vagueness of "vicinity of the bench" in a better way.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/82/files/2014/05/oncourt.png

Precedent or not, it's just stupid to want to suspend a guy for doing THAT.

hoosiercubsfan
05-21-2014, 04:10 PM

First of all he passed the concussion test before going back into the game. Now that he has been diagnosed he will have to follow and pass all the tests before being allowed back in. As far as the rest of your comment it is complete ********. He took one step and then turned back staying within the vicinity of the bench. If anything the other Pacer (forget who else it was) could have since he moved closer though it happened right near their bench in the first place. Only a Miami homer would come up with such an ignorant comment.

unleashthebeast
05-21-2014, 04:19 PM
The King of giving others concussions. Everyone remember the 2012 all star game when he broke Kobe's nose, which led to a concussion?

Wade hurt himself on the play too, hitting his knee which is the one place he does not want to hit against anything considering his issues. So he's a pretty dedicated hitman if he was willing to possibly **** up his knee just to take a shot at George.

I mean seriously, I hope you are just joking because to seriously think that Wade meant to injure Kobe in 2012 or George here is just ludicrous

Stunner
05-21-2014, 04:21 PM
So much for Skip and SAS not buying PG excuse

unleashthebeast
05-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Pushed him to the ground?

Wade pulled George's arm away from the way the ball was going, he definitely didnt push him to the ground lol

Big Zo
05-21-2014, 04:29 PM
These sensitive Heat fans are too much.

Wade grabbed George on that play forcing him to the ground, then rammed his knee into the back of his head causing it to hit the floor. Not a cool move on his part.

Yeah, Wade intended to hit him with his bad knee, so he could mess it up some more. : /

Wade n Fade
05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Are you suggesting this is something George should be suspended for? If the team/doctor's didn't implement the proper protocol, than they get in trouble. This is literally nothing that George should or will ever get in trouble for.

And I maintain that not suspending him for "leaving the bench" was absolutely the right call. He never left the immediate vicinity of the bench, which is what the rules dictate. We have new people in charge of these things, and I'm glad they are using the vagueness of "vicinity of the bench" in a better way.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/82/files/2014/05/oncourt.png

Precedent or not, it's just stupid to want to suspend a guy for doing THAT.

No, the Pacers should see a fine if anything. It's not his fault, rather it's the team's fault.

Wade n Fade
05-21-2014, 04:39 PM

Wade grabbed George on that play forcing him to the ground, then rammed his knee into the back of his head causing it to hit the floor. Not a cool move on his part.

Just like how the refs helped the Heat make the game tying three in game 6 of the NBA Finals, right?

SteBO
05-21-2014, 04:55 PM

After seeing this play over and over again, it's clear that you're just reaching.....

FraziersKnicks
05-21-2014, 04:58 PM
:laugh2: some people on this forum reach far too much.

Tumstock
05-21-2014, 05:37 PM

It was an accident! just like when he dislocated Rondos arm in 2011 or when he kicked Sessions on the nuts last season.

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 06:13 PM
It was an accident! just like when he dislocated Rondos arm in 2011 or when he kicked Sessions on the nuts last season.

And this against Rip Hamilton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTIFCPxqgw

naps
05-21-2014, 06:22 PM

Yeap because you can control freak injuries.

AddiX
05-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Wade is a dirty player, no doubt about it, and all your teams that sat around and did nothing back to him are all soft.

If your not willing to hurt someone to win, you don't want to win enough.

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm sure he will be all set for Game 3.

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm sure he will be all set for Game 3.

He better be or this series is over and the Heat will be going to the NBA Finals. Paul George has been playing like crap. Yesterday was just horrid.

Slug3
05-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Can the heat get any luckier? Jesus!

I'm sure he is going to play. He has 3 days to pass the test.

Slug3
05-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Wade is a dirty player, no doubt about it, and all your teams that sat around and did nothing back to him are all soft.

If your not willing to hurt someone to win, you don't want to win enough.

It's not like Wade him him on purpose. Just like he didn't mean to injure Rondo. It just ended up happening.

DemarDerozan
05-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Wade is a classless former superstar. He has resulted to injuring other real star players to make up for his inefficient play. What a ****ing loser.

DemarDerozan
05-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Dirty immoral piece of ****.

beasted86
05-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Wade is a classless former superstar. He has resulted to injuring other real star players to make up for his inefficient play. What a ****ing loser.

Resulted? You mean relegated? Yes, that's exactly what Wade has done. If it makes you mad, then don't watch.

DemarDerozan
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Resulted? You mean relegated? Yes, that's exactly what Wade has done. If it makes you mad, then don't watch.

I'm a fan of the game and have the right to be pissed off about this poor excuse for a player.

There have always been dirty players in the league. To me it's just pathetic that Wade was once an MVP caliber player and has now become the cHeats Bruce Bowen.

rex.reyesiii
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
He should have hit Lance like Pitman did though. :P

therealwd27
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm a fan of the game and have the right to be pissed off about this poor excuse for a player.

There have always been dirty players in the league. To me it's just pathetic that Wade was once an MVP caliber player and has now become the cHeats Bruce Bowen.

I think your upset Demar Derozen will never be a top 20 player.

Your clueless if you think Wade did this on purpose

ManRam
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM

Tell us how you really feel!!

TylerSL
05-22-2014, 01:52 PM

The hate is real

Crackadalic
05-22-2014, 01:56 PM

Lmfao I've seen dirtier plays. Seen that heat check Horry did to Nash years ago? That was some foul ****. Wade wasn't even close. Get over it

TylerSL
05-22-2014, 02:19 PM
It is a little funny how some of you guys hate the Heat so badly. Wade and George were both going after a loose ball, Wade hurt his knee, George his head. Yes Wade has had a history with other players such as Rondo, Sessions, and Rip but not only was he not 'dirty' in any of those plays, it does not even apply here.

The Rondo play, their arms got tangled and Wade tripped. The Rip shove, Rip was constantly elbowing Wade in the nose because when he catches the ball he holds it in front of his face and swings his elbows before he puts it on the floor. He was hitting Wade with his elbows, Wade told the ref(s) about it and they were not doing anything so Wade shoved him out of frustration. The Sessions groin shot would be the closest thing you could call 'dirty' but he was stopping his momentum because Miami was calling a time out and his leg kicked up a little too far.

People just dislike Miami so much for things said and did 4 years ago and they have never gotten over it. Fanbases were mad at Lebron for not choosing their team(s) and Wade already being in Miami was their excuse to get and stay mad about it. Then the Heat had their celebration party where Lebron said "not 1, not 2, not 3, ect". The Heat have admitted that was a mistake, but yet some people cannot let it go. People don't like when Lebron/Wade flop and they blow up everytime it happens, but in reality they are not even some of the worst at it. Lance Stephenson has at least 3 comical flops/game every time the Heat play the Pacers, Durant/Westbrook flop more, Blake/CP3 do as well, and so does Harden/Howard, yet Miami gets 20x the hate as any of them.

I'm not saying everybody has to be a Heat fan or even not dislike the Heat. Rooting against the Heat is perfectly fine, most people root against the Lakers. But this irrational hate that gets spewed is appalling. People demonize everything they do. Some of you accuse Wade of intentionally hurting George when really it was just 2 players going for a loose ball in a close game in the conference finals. After 4 years, the irrational hate is still extremely high, some of you guys just need to let it go.

On a side note, I don't get mad at players for flopping because the way the league is officiated it is encouraged. Teams get rewarded for it and a $5,000 fine is nothing if your team wins a playoff game, and for a lot of guys, they make more than $5,000/game anyway. The way the league is officiated has to change before anything can be done about flopping.

chitown85
05-22-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't really think it matters...the Heat have to beat themselves in this series imo. The Pacers don't play with a sense of urgency when they need to, have questionable shot selections, and physically can not step up to that next level version of Lebron that comes out to close games. Can they lose this series? Sure. But, it will be because they beat themselves. And, the knee wasn't on purpose...jesus.

surf and turf
05-22-2014, 03:47 PM
I could be wrong but the more I watch that play the more it looks like wade purposely landed on him. First of all his body went the opposite direction of the ball after it was tipped. Plus if you look at it in slow motion Wade gave very little attempt to clear George. This is one of the best athletes on the planet , that all of a sudden looked like a ninety year old lady with a 3 inch vertical leap. Im not saying he tried to give him a head injury but its pretty clear he could have avoided contact.

surf and turf
05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't throwing him to the ground is accurate. They were fighting for the ball. I was just surprised how gravity , all of a sudden ,became a issue for Wade . He came down like he had a coulpe bowling balls in his pocket..lol

ATX
05-22-2014, 04:07 PM
It's unbelievably childish to think that Wade bumped his injured knee into George as some purposeful act to injure him. Some people need to grow up. It was unfortunate the result, but was clearly an accident.

ryang
05-22-2014, 04:08 PM
He was trying to protect his knees. Didn't work out but the last body part wade would use to injury someone would be his knees.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Wow people actually think Wade did that on purpose? The hate is real :laugh:

Everyone's so mad at the expense of our greatness lmao.

FeelsGoodMan

NYJ - NYY
05-22-2014, 08:28 PM
I think they all did judging from that 4th quarter offensive debacle. Looked like 5 retards playing JV ball.

Hilarious

beasted86
05-22-2014, 08:33 PM

Well then I suggest you don't watch since you seem to get upset so easily.

Slug3
05-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Wade who has bad knees as it is, and last year it was a bang to his knee that made him injured throughout the playoffs. So why would he want to purposely hit his knee on PG's head?