PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson fined for flopping in game 2

lamzoka
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2014/05/21/bbops-lance-stephenson-flop-052014-pr.nba/index.html

NBA.com "Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson has been fined $5,000 by the NBA for violating the league's anti-flopping rules during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals."

I disagree with this fine.

koreancabbage
05-21-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2014/05/21/bbops-lance-stephenson-flop-052014-pr.nba/index.html

but he did flop. flopping = fine.

D-Leethal
05-21-2014, 02:45 PM
He had three terrible flops last night.

Red_Pill
05-21-2014, 02:46 PM
He flopped, but if anything, I think he did it because he was exhausted and just looking for a quick stop in play to catch his breath. Still deserves the fine.

still1ballin
05-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Charmers? Lebron? Smh

lamzoka
05-21-2014, 02:53 PM
How about when LeBron exaggerated the David West foul, by diving into media trying to draw a flagrant?

I mean the guy invented flopping, but he never been warned or fined for it. what a joke

sixers247
05-21-2014, 02:54 PM
NY fan, shock

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 02:55 PM
How about when LeBron exaggerated the David West foul, by diving into media trying to draw a flagrant?

What about that 3rd foul on West in the first half when he set that pick on LeBron and Bron flopped out of bounds like he's done many times throughout his cAreer?

ManRam
05-21-2014, 02:56 PM
It was the most egregious flop I've seen this playoffs. He had a few others last night too. I doubt he'd even argue. I think he was just gassed (because he was "straight balling") and needed a break.

That LeBron "flop" when West hammered him doesn't compare. Just hush. Maybe a tinge of embellishment to an obvious foul, but nothing more. There's such a difference between embellishing and outright flopping.

We don't call this a flop if it's anyone else doing it. He just was falling, and lost his balance more. How is he supposed to know West is close to touching his back :laugh2: Y'all are giving him too much credit. If anything, falling forward so you don't twist/snap your knee is just a natural reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py8_bOdNkKA

raiderfaninTX
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM

I mean the guy invented flopping, but he never been warned or fined for it. what a joke

Then don't watch, Seriously stephenson acted like he was shot.

kdspurman
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM
It was the most egregious flop I've seen this playoffs. He had a few others last night too. I doubt he'd even argue. I think he was just gassed (because he was "straight balling") and needed a break.

That LeBron "flop" when West hammered him doesn't compare. Just hush. Maybe a tinge of embellishment to an obvious foul, but nothing more. There's such a difference between embellishing and outright flopping.

We don't call this a flop if it's anyone else doing it. He just was falling, and lost his balance more. How is he supposed to know West is close to touching his back :laugh2: Y'all are giving him too much credit. If anything, falling forward so you don't twist/snap your knee is just a natural reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py8_bOdNkKA

I think you're being a little too generous with that one lol... The way he fell (or slid) and laid on the ground after? Definitely tried to sell it. It honestly didn't even look like he got hammered, from any angle. Definitely not as bad as Lance's though, there was enough contact for it to not be considered a flop at all. But there was a valid attempt to sell it IMO.

But Lance's was just bad. He didn't even let Lebron fully extend his arm to attempt to make it look legit.

Jamiecballer
05-21-2014, 03:21 PM

NBA.com "Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson has been fined $5,000 by the NBA for violating the league's anti-flopping rules during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals."

hahaha... wait, what?

JC_
05-21-2014, 03:30 PM
He had a couple bad ones last night so he probably knew a fine was coming.

lamzoka
05-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Then don't watch, Seriously stephenson acted like he was shot.

Who the **** are u to tell me what to watch or what not to watch?

Pakman
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM

Dont get your panties in a bunch lol

raiderfaninTX
05-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Ask your mother

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 06:18 PM
He was playing with his hair on fire but that was just obvious.

hugepatsfan
05-21-2014, 06:21 PM
That was a flop. He deserves a fine. The fact that Lebron doesn't get in trouble for flopping shouldn't be used as a reason for why other players shouldn't get in trouble when they do it. That's irrelevant in this.

Slug3
05-21-2014, 06:48 PM

But you said the important thing. He still got fouled an Lance didn't at all.

Crackadalic
05-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Lmfao I like how he flop, looks at the ref"wtf foul" then goes to sleep

Max.This
05-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Ask your mother

smooth.....

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Why would you disagree? It was obvious and looked like he was just tired and wanted a break...

IndyRealist
05-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Every time Lance goes down he acts like he got shot. Teammates don't even bother rushing over to help him up anymore. Mostly I find it hilarious.

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2014, 10:05 PM
There's a bunch of fines that should be handed out

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Every time Lance goes down he acts like he got shot. Teammates don't even bother rushing over to help him up anymore. Mostly I find it hilarious.

They are used to him by now.:)