PDA

View Full Version : So does Joey Crawford hate George Hill or something?

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Just wondering, because down the final stretch of tonight's Game 2, they allowed a James clear two armed foul on Hill, then a clear out of bounds strip by Hill was called for a late foul..

I mean the Pacer still lost by 4, but I'm kind of curious to wonder how that would have played out had they got free throws and a steal.

just wondering if they have some beef or something..

and I'm not gonna even sugar coat this to avoid backlash, the officials have been just awful this playoffs and completely cost teams games. The OKC/Clippers out of bounds call WITH review was the worst of the worst, but this was pretty awful.

thoughts or complaints on my thread post (which I know there will be :) )

flea
05-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Personal animosity is one potential reason for those missed calls at the end. There are other possible reasons...

bucketss
05-21-2014, 12:21 AM
did give your thoughts on the enormous free throw difference in game 1 or do you hate the heat that much?

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 12:23 AM
There were several blown calls in the final stretch alone tonight.

SPURSFAN1
05-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Ref's were good tonight. The pacers just lost.

hoosiercubsfan
05-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Ref's were good tonight. The pacers just lost.

No the refs where bad like always tonight. And the pacers still lost. The ref's didn't leave back to back possessions someone open for a corner 3 to cut the lead to 1. Lebron is a superstar and gets superstar calls it is what it is. It isn't anything new the Pacers simply did not do enough to win this game. Which is a damn shame being it was very winnable for them.

SPURSFAN1
05-21-2014, 12:41 AM
No the refs where bad like always tonight. And the pacers still lost. The ref's didn't leave back to back possessions someone open for a corner 3 to cut the lead to 1. Lebron is a superstar and gets superstar calls it is what it is. It isn't anything new the Pacers simply did not do enough to win this game. Which is a damn shame being it was very winnable for them.

Didn't someone hold on to ray allen or something? i wasn't paying attention much. They caught a break there. They should be charged with a foul for holding. Pacers lost this in the middle of the fourth.

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Ray Allen got held on the inbounds and they called Indiana ball.

It was a 4 point game with 10 seconds left.

All hell could have broken loose.

FOBolous
05-21-2014, 12:45 AM
in all honesty, i think he just really hate himself. and he manifests that hate by hating everyone else.

SPURSFAN1
05-21-2014, 12:51 AM
I hate Joey Crawford though.

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Remember when he ran a player over during a game then called a foul on him?

I think it was Eddie Jones maybe.

Shady66
05-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Remember when he ran a player over during a game then called a foul on him?

I think it was Eddie Jones maybe.

Classic. My favourite is when he called 2 ts on duncan while smiling and sitting on the bench

Just an awful ref

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Classic. My favourite is when he called 2 ts on duncan while smiling and sitting on the bench

Just an awful ref

I remember that.

I think he's also called a foul on a player that wasn't even on the court as well.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Didn't someone hold on to ray allen or something? i wasn't paying attention much. They caught a break there. They should be charged with a foul for holding. Pacers lost this in the middle of the fourth.

No Ray flopped that a bit, much like Lebron to get a flagrant

2014 NBA for ya

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 01:12 AM
No, he hates Tim Duncan

flea
05-21-2014, 01:17 AM
EDIT: After research thanks to Gibby, I stand corrected it appears these numbers are incorrect. I have seen similar numbers in the opposite direction for Joey Crawford reffed Spurs games though, I will try to locate them.

Gibby
05-21-2014, 01:32 AM
Lebron James' playoff record: 66-53.
With Joe Crawford: 25-3
W/o ref Joe Crawford: 41-50

He doesn't hate Lebron.

wasn't that proved false?

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 01:33 AM

He doesn't hate Lebron.

I don't think he's allowed to hate Lebron. He probably wouldn't get payed if he called bad fouls on him.

2014 NBA is transforming into WWE

bootypants
05-21-2014, 01:33 AM

He doesn't hate Lebron.

These numbers don't look right.

Shlumpledink
05-21-2014, 01:38 AM
joey crawford is the anti homecourt advantage

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 01:38 AM
I'd like a link.

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 01:39 AM
Gibbathy, is that you?

flea
05-21-2014, 01:59 AM
EDIT: After research thanks to Gibby, I stand corrected it appears these numbers are incorrect. I have seen similar numbers in the opposite direction for Joey Crawford reffed Spurs games though, I will try to locate them.

It appears the Spurs are 6-9 in Joey Crawford playoff games since 2006. I believe I was thinking of a quote about Mavs having a terrible record in Dan Crawford games. Nevertheless, one day when I get time I'm going to plow through these last few seasons of playoff box scores with an eye on the refs I consider more suspect (Crawfords, Brothers, etc.).

Htownballa1622
05-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Joey is bad but he didn't make the bad call at the end on the strip by Hill.

Nice try op. We get it. You hate the Heat/Lebron.

Get over it.

therealwd27
05-21-2014, 02:21 AM

2014 NBA for ya

What flagrant are you talking about?

therealwd27
05-21-2014, 02:21 AM

Get over it.

This.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 02:26 AM

Get over it.

If the Heat and Pacers flipped spots on those calls, or the many many awful calls this playoffs, I'd say the same thing. The thing is they don't make those mistakes against their poster teams right now (heat, thunder)..its always the other team getting screwed. Even the broadcast says how bad they are..

But anyways thanks for the response. Shouldn't you be worrying about your offseason right now? Well, I guess you have had a lot of time to discuss all that already, since you were eliminated in round 1.....

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 02:27 AM

2014 NBA for ya

What flagrant are you talking about?

The initial flagarant on west on Lebron

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 02:27 AM
Joey is the worst referee in the NBA by far.

And isn't he like 70 years old?

At one point are they going to realize that at that age you cannot properly judge a game played by the greatest athletes in the world?

80 years old? 90?

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Dick Bavetta > Joey Crawford

CHANGO
05-21-2014, 02:54 AM

2014 NBA for ya

Except it wasn't a flagrant. :rimshot:

Also wanna see flops? Go ahead and watch the game again, just focus on Lance Stephenson. :)

OaklandsFinest
05-21-2014, 02:56 AM
The NBA is the toughest sport/ league to officiate with angles, and speed in which players move. I tink sometimes we forget that its easy with all the angles and slow motion to get it right. The starter of this thread failed to point out in the game prior to the infamous "Doc Rivers rant" that the clippers were the beneficiary of a very similar call so to complain is pointless. Is Joey Crawford above reproach, obviously not, but stop hating like in those spots you could've done better. I think they should get rid of replay in the NBA all together, just let the game play out. Calls will be missed but we do have humans involved, accept it.

numba1CHANGsta
05-21-2014, 03:05 AM
He hates anyone not on the Heat's roster cuz its his job to rig games so the Heat can win another championship

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 03:08 AM
The NBA is the toughest sport/ league to officiate with angles, and speed in which players move. I tink sometimes we forget that its easy with all the angles and slow motion to get it right. The starter of this thread failed to point out in the game prior to the infamous "Doc Rivers rant" that the clippers were the beneficiary of a very similar call so to complain is pointless. Is Joey Crawford above reproach, obviously not, but stop hating like in those spots you could've done better. I think they should get rid of replay in the NBA all together, just let the game play out. Calls will be missed but we do have humans involved, accept it.

Is this a joke?

Saddletramp
05-21-2014, 03:18 AM
ThuglifeJ is a joke. When teams he doesn't like get the benefit of a bad call, he *****es about it, when teams he doesn't like get screwed by bad call then he talks smack about them losing cleanly. Like others noted, that Hill foul wasn't called by Crawford and Ray Allen was held at the end. And LeBron should have been called for that foul but there wasn't a foul called on LeBron when he went down the court after he got the steal.

Stop crying like a ***** because the Heat won. Just stop it. If you're going to microjudge every call of every game a team you don't like wins then do it privately in the PussyAss***** forum.

Stop being clueless, blind and a ****ing jerk.

PurpleLynch
05-21-2014, 04:39 AM
Didn't see the game last night,but I hate Crawford,he's the worst ref in the Nba(and dunno why,he has still a job).

We should sign a petition to fire him.

chitownbulls
05-21-2014, 04:42 AM
ThuglifeJ is a joke. When teams he doesn't like get the benefit of a bad call, he *****es about it, when teams he doesn't like get screwed by bad call then he talks smack about them losing cleanly. Like others noted, that Hill foul wasn't called by Crawford and Ray Allen was held at the end. And LeBron should have been called for that foul but there wasn't a foul called on LeBron when he went down the court after he got the steal.

Stop crying like a ***** because the Heat won. Just stop it. If you're going to microjudge every call of every game a team you don't like wins then do it privately in the PussyAss***** forum.

Stop being clueless, blind and a ****ing jerk.

I don't see how him stating his opinion makes him a jerk, or even deserves a hate filled response but sure. It's a forum, calm down lol.

_Gmen_
05-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Funny how Stern dismissed Donaghy's accusations of the NBA being rigged by saying "you're going to listen to a felon?" When had/has multiple refs that are also felons and still are allowed to officiate.

Sad.

FraziersKnicks
05-21-2014, 06:54 AM
:yawn:

Bad calls balance out. I like the way you fail to mention the fact that Ray Allen was being hugged as he attempted to retrieve the inbound pass that went out of bounds with 8 seconds left. No call.

FraziersKnicks
05-21-2014, 06:58 AM
The initial flagarant on west on Lebron

The flagrant that was downgraded to a common foul? How many times do we see refs call a normal foul flagrant just so they can review it and get the right call? They can't review a common foul and upgrade it so why not call it flagrant and then review to make sure you don't mess it up?

It's clear the OP has an anti-Heat bias.

It's also hilarious that you call LeBron a flopper when Lance Stephenson is officially the worst flopper in the NBA. He should be fined $10,000 for the two terrible flops he had today… All because he couldn't guard LeBron.

Crackadalic
05-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Is this a joke?

He's not wrong though

Football has so many refs and angles that they rarely get bad calls. Maybe a few slip ups but its the easiest sport to officiate

Baseball is more subjective in strikes and balls but it's not entirely difficult to officiate

Not gonna lie i don't know **** about hockey but i know they have like 4 refs with two on the ice i believe in the other in the booth but if anyone knows if I'm wrong let me know

The nba by far is the hardest to officiate. People say its easy but your watching in the comfort of your home or even at the actual game where you have a better angle. When you have three refs only in a small space with teams going up and down every 24 seconds with shoddy reply your going to get bad calls

Now does it have to get clean up. Of course and tbh they need to do it asap because to many games are lost because of bad calls

I will say this though. I wish a lot of nba players would stop getting friendly with these refs. Durant mom hugging it up with one last round needs to stop. As critical as I am on Melo game this dude needs to shed blood to get calls and yes he does get to the line but he should be going there 10+ times a game they way the dude gets clobbered

Overall the refs are just making bad calls.

KnicksorBust
05-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Just wondering, because down the final stretch of tonight's Game 2, they allowed a James clear two armed foul on Hill, then a clear out of bounds strip by Hill was called for a late foul..

I mean the Pacer still lost by 4, but I'm kind of curious to wonder how that would have played out had they got free throws and a steal.

just wondering if they have some beef or something..

and I'm not gonna even sugar coat this to avoid backlash, the officials have been just awful this playoffs and completely cost teams games. The OKC/Clippers out of bounds call WITH review was the worst of the worst, but this was pretty awful.

thoughts or complaints on my thread post (which I know there will be :) )

And 3 seconds later on the fast break LeBron got fouled by Paul George when he drove to the basket and that didn't get called. See how easily it goes both ways? Probably the most egregious call was the Ray Allen hold and that was pro-Indiana. The idea that you can pin a ref bias for one team on 1-2 close calls just doesn't add up.

Htownballa1622
05-21-2014, 09:17 AM
If the Heat and Pacers flipped spots on those calls, or the many many awful calls this playoffs, I'd say the same thing. The thing is they don't make those mistakes against their poster teams right now (heat, thunder)..its always the other team getting screwed. Even the broadcast says how bad they are..

But anyways thanks for the response. Shouldn't you be worrying about your offseason right now? Well, I guess you have had a lot of time to discuss all that already, since you were eliminated in round 1.....

I'm actually enjoying the postseason so why should I focus on off season?

At least I have something to look forward to.

What are you looking forward to? Another over the hill team next year? Yall got bounced round one also. Lmao

ManRam
05-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Just to clear up the Joey Crawford/LeBron James misconception...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoKjOGiCAAIkZlG.png

If anything, LeBron-led teams do worse in games he officiates than in games he does not.

raiderfaninTX
05-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Just to clear up the Joey Crawford/LeBron James misconception...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoKjOGiCAAIkZlG.png

If anything, LeBron-led teams do worse in games he officiates than in games he does not.

hey now, don't go posting those truth facts to completely destroy the op's thread. Get that out of here.

GiantsSwaGG
05-21-2014, 10:22 AM
When will ppl realize Joey Crawford works for the Heat

ManRam
05-21-2014, 10:27 AM
When will ppl realize Joey Crawford works for the Heat

People do, for some reason. Even though there is literally no reason to think that.

Just one of those weird myths. Someone posted some bogus stats on Real GM and the internet took off with it. Because, you know...believe anything on the internet, especially when it's something you want to believe!

tr3ymill3r
05-21-2014, 10:33 AM
George Hill - Former Spur - Teammate of Tim Duncan - Joey Crawford hates Tim Duncan = Joey Crawford hating on George Hill with 3 degrees of Timmy.

mdm692
05-21-2014, 10:49 AM
He hates anyone not on the Heat's roster cuz its his job to rig games so the Heat can win another championship

Says the Lakers fan :laugh:. Go watch the Kings series.

mdm692
05-21-2014, 10:54 AM

It's called discipline and effort. Did you see how lackadaisical the Pacers were playing? Had it not been for Lance and Hibbert taking advantage of his size on the boards Indy would of lost by a lot more. PG was again a no show for Indy. He's turned into an overrated Kobe wanna be after showing superstar potential. Another James Harden case. He needs to get back to attacking the rim instead of settling for jumpers.

bucketss
05-21-2014, 11:51 AM

no you wouldn't or else you would have said something about the enormous freethrow difference in game 1

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 07:46 PM
It's also hilarious that you call LeBron a flopper when Lance Stephenson is officially the worst flopper in the NBA. He should be fined $10,000 for the two terrible flops he had today… All because he couldn't guard LeBron.

Um, pretty common knowledge that James Harden and Manu Ginobili are the most notorious floppers in the NBA..with Chris Paul, Derek Fisher (if he matters) coming in close seconds.

Lebron and Griffin headsnaps every play means they can join that list as well.

I dont watch enough Stephenson but I'm sure he does flop, the NBA is full of flops nowadays it's stupid.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 07:52 PM
no you wouldn't or else you would have said something about the enormous freethrow difference in game 1

Were they unjustifiable? Were they? Nearly everytime a NBA beloved team (Heat, Thunder, Rockets, etc) get a free throw differential in their favor it is almost always due to them getting touch calls and phantom calls..Almost never is it because of their fans claims "they were attacking dude!!!"

but if they were unjustifiable calls let me know.

thanks. :)

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 07:54 PM
It's called discipline and effort. Did you see how lackadaisical the Pacers were playing? Had it not been for Lance and Hibbert taking advantage of his size on the boards Indy would of lost by a lot more. PG was again a no show for Indy. He's turned into an overrated Kobe wanna be after showing superstar potential. Another James Harden case. He needs to get back to attacking the rim instead of settling for jumpers.

That's mostly just the league desperate for fun superstars again. Did you really ever think Harden or George were superstar material? George lacks any sense of footwork, IQ, etc...he's just athleticism and size and a decent shot, nothing bad but not superstar material... to be a superstar you need to have the footwork, the sense to do things that others can't, the ability to lead the way... Harden was always slow, a chucker, and a top 5 worst defender of all-time..how did anyone think he was a superstar...

thats another story tho

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 08:20 PM
I think Crawford hates everybody.

naps
05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
did give your thoughts on the enormous free throw difference in game 1 or do you hate the heat that much?

This OP is equivalent to kobephiles. He hates Heat and LeBron as much as kobephiles as it's shown throughout his post history here on PSD.

FlashBolt
05-21-2014, 08:38 PM
The people spreading that Joey Crawford crap are Lakers fans who needs something to believe in so they can feel better and lie to themselves that LeBron is getting help from the refs.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
This OP is equivalent to kobephiles. He hates Heat and LeBron as much as kobephiles as it's shown throughout his post history here on PSD.

You can call it 'hate' or standing up for what's right and honest.

Sorry I don't want the league to be closer to a mixture of WWE (fixing) and Soccer (Flopping).

Sure *****ing about it here wont change anything, but no reason to be a sheep about it.. There should be no influence from the higher ups...it's a sport we put money into to watch..Cable, Leaguepass, Merchandise, Tickets, games...why on earth should we settle for a rigged product?

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2014, 08:47 PM
The people spreading that Joey Crawford crap are Lakers fans who needs something to believe in so they can feel better and lie to themselves that LeBron is getting help from the refs.

I'm not a Laker fan. I'm also not a Pacer, Bobcat, or Nets fan.