PDA

View Full Version : Cavs More Enticing to LeBron with #1 Pick AGAIN in 2014?

Nikeman
05-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Embid, Kyrie, LeBron, Varejao??

Trade Waitors for some extra value?

As a HEAT fan myself, I made a LONG post about the future of Miami. With Wade breaking down, Bosh looking old, and Miami having 3 potentially close to max contracts, they are not going to add any players of value in the near future.

Cavs becoming very attractive to LeBron again?

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Duh

This is why the NBA rigged it

I seriously am considering quitting the NBA fandom

JoeDirt05
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Cleveland will find a way to **** up this nba rig job just like last season

Nikeman
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Secondly, Lakers don't have much value to offer in a trade for Kevin Love, they were supposed to be offering a top 3 pick to Minny.

Bruno
05-20-2014, 08:38 PM
LeBron would be so brilliant to do this. you leave your team so they rack 3 first picks and another top five pick, go three peat in miami, then go on second title run with this group of young players as he ages, finishing back where he started.

Nikeman
05-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Bruno, I could totally see it happening. Miami's future looks as bleak as Wade's knees.

JasonJohnHorn
After what Dan Gilbert wrote about LBJ, I don't see him going back there this soon.

P&GRealist
Secondly, Lakers don't have much value to offer in a trade for Kevin Love, they were supposed to be offering a top 3 pick to Minny.

Celtics didn't get a top 3 pick either, so that's good for us Laker fans. :D

j-bay
05-20-2014, 08:43 PM
He could but it depends on how he feels about Miami and about Cleveland. Also if Lebron does return i want to see a public appology with Dan Gilbert and Cavs fans. You reallt want him back? You really want him to win you a championship?! You apologize and say you were wrong.

goingfor28
05-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Certainly makes it more interesting but I still don't see him leaving Miami. I think he and dwade stay and sign max deals and bosh signs a max elsewhere. Miami needs a bigger big than bosh and could get multiple solid guys w bosh's money.

tredigs
05-20-2014, 08:48 PM

Love's a FREE AGENT next summer. He's going to wait until free agency to sign a new contract because that is how he will earn the max money. If the Lakers got an elite talent, he might just go ahead and sign with them after being traded to whatever other team he goes to this summer. But as it stands? Not happening.

Conspiracy clowns will find any excuse possible to ensure that the myth of draft rigging lives, but delving out another pick that Cleveland's terribly run management + coaching will waste and lose in 4 years from their small market was not an ideal situation by any means.

You think LBJ is playing under Gilbert again?? Hahaha. GL with that theory panning out.

j-bay
05-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Well if Lebron is coming back to Cleveland, then the Wizards need Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler again. Have no room for Antawn Jamison.

ATX
05-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Certainly makes it more interesting but I still don't see him leaving Miami. I think he and dwade stay and sign max deals and bosh signs a max elsewhere. Miami needs a bigger big than bosh and could get multiple solid guys w bosh's money.

No way Wade signs for the max...

prodigy
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM
I mean the heat have damaged wade and bosh. That's it so I think lebron will leave. Cavs will be on his radar. Cavs do have good talent. They need a superstar.

bucketss
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Duh

don't worry man lakers will be on top again very soon (maybe) this is new for laker fans to be facing losing so they start contemplating nba suicide lol. hang in there you can do it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

NBA_Starter
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
I see it as more of a consolation prize for LeBron NOT going back.

JEDean89
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
cavs will still suck is the funny thing, kyrie is never leading a team to greatness. even a kyrie, dion, wiggins, thompson, varejao lineup won't be great.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Love's a FREE AGENT next summer. He's going to wait until free agency sign a new contract because that is how he will earn the max money. If the Lakers got an elite talent, he might just go ahead and sign with them after being traded to whatever other team he goes to this summer. But as it stands? Not happening.

Conspiracy clowns will find any excuse possible to ensure that the myth of draft rigging lives, but delving out another pick that Cleveland's terrible run management + coaching will waste and lose in 4 years from their small market was not an ideal situation by any means.

You think LBJ is playing under Gilbert again?? Hahaha. GL with that theory panning out.

Shows what you know.

The whole CB and league is set up so that the league can control EVERYTHING through the draft lottery.

Do you REALLY think thats a coincidence?

Perhaps you think there is GOOD REASON why the lottery balls aren't filmed or broadcast to anyone???

Give me a freaking break. Ive been around enough executive types to know how they operate.

There is an OBVIOUS effort to bring big market teams like the Lakers down while giving unprecedented advantage to small market clubs, especially the Cavs.

The league wants LeBron in Cleveland. It's that simple. They want Durant in OKC. They want there most marketable superstars to be lifting up these POS franchises because the owners are such crybabies.

Hey Dan Gilbert, you bought that team KNOWING it was in CLE and that players wouldnt sign there. Thats your problem not the Lakers or Knicks

For you to say the lottery isnt rigged is unbelieveable.

ATX
05-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Love's a FREE AGENT next summer. He's going to wait until free agency to sign a new contract because that is how he will earn the max money. If the Lakers got an elite talent, he might just go ahead and sign with them after being traded to whatever other team he goes to this summer. But as it stands? Not happening.

Conspiracy clowns will find any excuse possible to ensure that the myth of draft rigging lives, but delving out another pick that Cleveland's terribly run management + coaching will waste and lose in 4 years from their small market was not an ideal situation by any means.

I have been staunch in my anti conspiracy theory stance, but I'm not sure about this…I think the NBA would love this script…Not sure if they wrote it, but it's just simply nothing short of amazing receiving 3 #1 overall picks in 4 years to go along with 2 other top 5 picks.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Lebron already said he was thinking of going back to cleveland on multiple occasions

Stop with the garbage that he wouldnt go back

He WOULD and now IS

ManRam
05-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Future (with him there) is better in Cleveland than it is in Miami :shrug:

ManRam
05-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Oops

koreancabbage
05-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Future (with him there) is better in Cleveland than it is in Miami :shrug:

future does indeed look good for Lebron if he goes back.

Crackadalic
05-20-2014, 09:08 PM
I mean people been *****ing about big market teams getting the glory so there you go.

Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Love
Center

hovyboo
05-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Shows what you know.

The whole CB and league is set up so that the league can control EVERYTHING through the draft lottery.

Do you REALLY think thats a coincidence?

Perhaps you think there is GOOD REASON why the lottery balls aren't filmed or broadcast to anyone???

Give me a freaking break. Ive been around enough executive types to know how they operate.

There is an OBVIOUS effort to bring big market teams like the Lakers down while giving unprecedented advantage to small market clubs, especially the Cavs.

The league wants LeBron in Cleveland. It's that simple. They want Durant in OKC. They want there most marketable superstars to be lifting up these POS franchises because the owners are such crybabies.

Hey Dan Gilbert, you bought that team KNOWING it was in CLE and that players wouldnt sign there. Thats your problem not the Lakers or Knicks

For you to say the lottery isnt rigged is unbelieveable.

Who says no and why:

Minnesota gets:
Thompson, Waiters, 1 pick (assuming wiggins)

Cle gets:
Love, Martin, budinger or brewer

Minnesota gets a lot younger and a new franchise face

Cle gets a star, a reason for Irving to stay, better fits, and some funny future Pepsi commercials.

Minn:

Rubio
Waiters
Wiggins
Thompson
Pekovic

6th (13th pick guy)

Cle:

Irving
Martin
Budinger?
Love
Varajao

6th
Jack/Bennett

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Who says no and why:

Minnesota gets:
Thompson, Waiters, 1 pick (assuming wiggins)

Cle gets:
Love, Martin, budinger or brewer

Minnesota gets a lot younger and a new franchise face

Cle gets a star, a reason for Irving to stay, better fits, and some funny future Pepsi commercials.

Minn:

Rubio
Waiters
Wiggins
Thompson
Pekovic

6th (13th pick guy)

Cle:

Irving
Martin
Budinger?
Love
Varajao

6th
Jack/Bennett

CLE says no because Wiggins is cost controlled + likely better than Love.

They are in a poistion to easily add Lebron and they wont do anything to mess that up

Hawkeye15
05-20-2014, 09:18 PM
The only way I would never root for LeBron is 2 ways.

He goes to the Lakers

or he goes back to the Cavs after they were gifted constant #1 picks

Yanks All Day
05-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Don't see LeBron leaving Miami, though I don't see why he wouldn't at least look at Cleveland. Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, the #1 pick, Varejao, etc. is already a much better supporting cast than LeBron took to the Finals in 2007. It's not horrible, but I don't see a 29 year old LeBron James going to anything that's not championship ready right now. He's going for 5+ rings. I'm not sure Cleveland would give him that chance.

Still think Miami's biggest threat is a Donald Sterling-less Clippers team. Sign and trade Blake for Lebron. Miami gets their star for the future and LeBron gets to play under Doc and with CP3 on a stacked Clippers team.

Hawkeye15
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM
CLE says no because Wiggins is cost controlled + likely better than Love.

They are in a poistion to easily add Lebron and they wont do anything to mess that up

let him prove it before that kind of bs. Not saying it isn't possible, but its not easy to be a top 7 player in the game. Let Wiggins prove it. Remember, Love was easily better in college than Wiggins, his talent is coming off his physical tools at this point.

j-bay
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM
The only way I would never root for LeBron is 2 ways.

He goes to the Lakers

or he goes back to the Cavs after they were gifted constant #1 picks

This. If i was Lebron, I wouldn't go back if Gilbert was the owner.

Hawkeye15
05-20-2014, 09:21 PM
and honestly, if you are LeBron, are you going back to Cleveland after the way Gilbert acted when he left? It was like dating a chick who is a horrific bad breaker upper..

you really going to go back?

j-bay
05-20-2014, 09:23 PM
and honestly, if you are LeBron, are you going back to Cleveland after the way Gilbert acted when he left? It was like dating a chick who is a horrific bad breaker upper..

Lets not forget the fans. They also did and said some pretty nasty things to Lebron.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Hes already said on multiple occasions he wants to go back to CLE so stop with that please and google it

beasted86
05-20-2014, 09:54 PM

Like?

34yr old Gasol? Greg Monroe who is restricted and plays no defense and is not efficient? 36yr old Dirk?

Because those are the all-star level big men available this summer.

If by "solid guys" you mean ditch an all-star for multiple role players, can you give one example where that worked for any team?

j-bay
05-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Like i said, I feel like Dan Gilbert must put his ego aside and apologize to Lebron. And optional one, however i think it would help, if you get Cleveland fans to apologize as well.

beasted86
05-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Guys, I think you are missing the bigger picture here...

Who in their right mind leaves South Beach for Cleveland?

Cleveland???

Cavs don't have a real GM, nor a coach, and a terrible owner. Heat have Riley and Arison. LeBron might leave, but it sure as hell is not going to be for the Cavs.

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Like i said, I feel like Dan Gilbert must put his ego aside and apologize to Lebron. And optional one, however i think it would help, if you get Cleveland fans to apologize as well.

For what? Booing him? Give me a break!?!?!

Jamiecballer
05-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Problem is Waiters Thompson Bennett aren't very good so all you are left with is Irving and whoever they miss on this year. So I say no

RubberBand Man
05-20-2014, 10:07 PM
And they wonder why the league is boring as **** now.

j-bay
05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
For what? Booing him? Give me a break!?!?!

You guys took it beyond booing my friend.

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 10:10 PM

How so? Please explain the awful things Cavs fans did to LeBron?

Jamiecballer
05-20-2014, 10:12 PM

Human decency does not apply in sports I'm finding

j-bay
05-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Not what they did. But what they said it was over the top. If i remember correctly there were a couple of threats towards his family. I'm not saying you guys should be forced to apologize, but if you really want him hear, it would help.

j-bay
05-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Not what they did. But what they said it was over the top. If i remember correctly there were a couple of threats towards his family. I'm not saying you guys should be forced to apologize, but if you really want him hear, it would help.

*there.

But if there is anyone who NEEDS to apologize, its Gilbert. If he doesn't, I can see it happening.

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 10:20 PM

First off, your gonna have to show some sort of proof because to me this is all hearsay. Even if it is true, who cares? A few idiot fans do not represent the entire fan base. It's clear your just a hater, you've been trolling the Cavs for the past couple of years. So get over yourself! And to quote all the classy Heat fans "You Mad!"

NBA_Starter
05-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I mean people been *****ing about big market teams getting the glory so there you go.

Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Love
Center

Embiid

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh and I'm sure LeBron is pining for an apology?!?!? That will be the determine factor, I'm sure. :drunk:

SilverFalco8
05-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Lebron already said he was thinking of going back to cleveland on multiple occasions

Stop with the garbage that he wouldnt go back

He WOULD and now IS

Are you a psychic? Are you sure?

cmellofan15
05-20-2014, 10:31 PM
does no one remember the jersey burnings, attempts to tear down the banner, etc.?

ATX
05-20-2014, 10:33 PM

Are you serious?

cmellofan15
05-20-2014, 10:34 PM
this reminds me of the time leading up to the decision and how people thought he was going to stay

...stay hopeful Cavs fans! :laugh2:

SilverFalco8
05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
this reminds me of the time leading up to the decision and how people thought he was going to stay

...stay hopeful Cavs fans! :laugh2:

Always room for hope. Lol

ATX
05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
First off, your gonna have to show some sort of proof because to me this is all hearsay. Even if it is true, who cares? A few idiot fans do not represent the entire fan base. It's clear your just a hater, you've been trolling the Cavs for the past couple of years. So get over yourself! And to quote all the classy Heat fans "You Mad!"

Could there be a bigger pile of crap than this statement (Bolded)? We REMEMBER, don't need to look it up. You look it up. Cavs fans should be ashamed for how they treated the James exit. If he leaves Miami I will be disappointed but I won't wish career ending injuries on him like most of the Cavs base. Just look to your owner for leadership on this topic….Disgraceful.

SilverFalco8
05-20-2014, 10:38 PM
If they did that to Lebron, think of what the fans will do if Manziel leaves....

j-bay
05-20-2014, 10:39 PM

Know this. Had a couple in the school. I also like Melo15 alot. I have nothing against the fanbase.

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Could there be a bigger pile of crap than this statement? We REMEMBER, don't need to look it up. You look it up. Cavs fans should be ashamed for how they treated the James exit. If he leaves Miami I will be disappointed but I won't wish career ending injuries on him like most of the Cavs base. Just look to your owner for leadership on this topic….Disgraceful.

Actually there could be a bigger pile a crap and that is your statement. Please give me a freaking break on this crap?!?! The Cavs fans reaction to LeBron leaving was overblown by ESPN, and let's not forget it was a lot of fans of a lot of teams that were upset because he didn't go to their respective team. Just because Miami lacks fans with actual passion don't let that confuse you. Fans have done worse things then burning a couple of jerseys.

ATX
05-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Actually there could be a bigger pile a crap and that is your statement. Please give me a freaking break on this crap?!?! The Cavs fans reaction to LeBron leaving was overblown by ESPN, and let's not forget it was a lot of fans of a lot of teams that were upset because he didn't go to their respective team. Just because Miami lacks fans with actual passion don't let that confuse you. Fans have done worse things then burning a couple of jerseys.

…You know what never mind. I just remembered why I don't respond to you, the biggest Cavs troll. I don't need to justify the facts to you.

koreancabbage
05-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Embiid

its Embiid for Love

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 11:03 PM
…You know what never mind. I just remembered why I don't respond to you, the biggest Cavs troll. I don't need to justify the facts to you.

Break out those FBI files! Btw I'm rubber, you're glue... Get a clue!

ATX
05-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Break out those FBI files! Btw I'm rubber, you're glue... Get a clue!

Exactly…

So I'm wrong in remembering the Cavs fans burning James' jersey, Gilbert's letter, hundreds of awful posts in this forum, thousands of quotes on twitter and such?? All I was pointing out was that, you as a fanbase should not be hypocritical and want James back. That ship should have sailed, and if you're lucky enough that it didn't then yes, I believe all of you that wanted him to tear his ACL should eat crow.

goingfor28
05-20-2014, 11:11 PM
does no one remember the jersey burnings, attempts to tear down the banner, etc.?

Wow. How horrible. Burning something that they paid for w their own money. Poor lebron. I feel bad for him

Riodagoat
05-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Only way I see Lebron coming back is if Dan Gilbert is no longer there.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 11:19 PM

Can you and everyone else please look at this link? Thanks............

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7582491/lebron-james-miami-heat-rule-return-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron won't rule out return to Cavs
Updated: February 17, 2012, 12:31 PM ET
By Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

Now we can stop this talk about lebron not wanting to go back with Gilbert because he obviously has no issue..........

Arch Stanton
05-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Exactly…

So I'm wrong in remembering the Cavs fans burning James' jersey, Gilbert's letter, hundreds of awful posts in this forum, thousands of quotes on twitter and such?? All I was pointing out was that, you as a fanbase should not be hypocritical and want James back. That ship should have sailed, and if you're lucky enough that it didn't then yes, I believe all of you that wanted him to tear his ACL should eat crow.

I never said I wanted him back. And your list is laughable. If you don't think other fan bases have acted out similarly to their ex-players that may have scorned them then you need a dose of reality.

Crackadalic
05-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Can you and everyone else please look at this link? Thanks............

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7582491/lebron-james-miami-heat-rule-return-cleveland-cavaliers

Now we can stop this talk about lebron not wanting to go back with Gilbert because he obviously has no issue..........

It's his hometown of course he wouldn't rule out. I just see it more happening at the twilight of his career. Besides the nba do not make any profit for having lebron back in Cleveland besides of a few months of rah rah bs. The nba would rather lebron play for the knicks or LA then Cleveland lets be real

cmellofan15
05-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Wow. How horrible. Burning something that they paid for w their own money. Poor lebron. I feel bad for him

never suggested that anyone should feel bad for him. he asked for examples of things Cleveland fans did and I responded.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 11:35 PM
It's his hometown of course he wouldn't rule out. I just see it more happening at the twilight of his career. Besides the nba do not make any profit for having lebron back in Cleveland besides of a few months of rah rah bs. The nba would rather lebron play for the knicks or LA then Cleveland lets be real

You are completely 100% wrong.

First of all LeBron has mentioned playing for CLE again multiple times, not just in the link I posted. HE also went to CLE for the Zydrunas # retiring which is more than symbolic of his interest in Cleveland , regardless of who the owner is.

The NBA is on a mission to uplift the small market teams. The whole reason for the last lockout was because the small market owners would make ZERO concessions on anything with the players and big market owners. The rigging of the draft lottery, rescinding trades, and rigging games is all in a direct effort to make the small market owners happy.

Jarvo
05-20-2014, 11:45 PM
Not this **** again :facepalm:

Kenny
05-20-2014, 11:54 PM
you really think Lebron wants to go play with a bunch of immature 20 year old kids at this stage in his career? He wants to play with a bunch of guys he can trust i'm sure. I would be shocked to see him go back to Cleveland anytime soon. Do you think Kyrie Irving can put together a performance like Wade did tonight in that environment? I don't know for a fact if he can or can't but I wouldn't bank on that. Veterans win in this league, not a bunch of kids.

DemarDerozan
05-20-2014, 11:58 PM
It turns out Dan Gilber has the long lost David Stern/Adam Silver sex tape.

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
It turns out Dan Gilber has the long lost David Stern/Adam Silver sex tape.

I'm sure Donald Sterling wants that tape too

P&GRealist
05-21-2014, 12:02 AM
#1 pick in this yr's draft + Varejao + Bennett + Waiters for LeBron

cmellofan15
05-21-2014, 12:07 AM
#1 pick in this yr's draft + Varejao + Bennett + Waiters for LeBron

add in the pick to this (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfah52o) deal.

Cavs fans get ready for it.

BigCityofDreams
05-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Agreed.

I think there would have been a better chance if Gilbert didn't say what he said and take such a hard stance.

Sadds The Gr8
05-21-2014, 01:03 AM
he's still not going there. I'd drink outta my toilet if he does.

Trwood12
05-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Orr orrr, they trade their number one pick to the T-Wolves for Love and attract LeBron that way ;)

utl768
05-21-2014, 01:19 AM
zero chance he leaves miami

i think he will sign an extension the minute FA opens

richiesaurus310
05-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Anyone else think there's a chance Carmelo would go to Cleveland? If he's serious about winning he should at least consider it.

1. He could play with Kyrie Irving and the #1 pick (which possibly could turn into Kevin Love).
2. Melo could pick the head coach
3. Cleveland is only an hour and some change by air from New York.
4. Melo could do what the greatest player of his generation couldn't, win a championship in Cleveland.

Arch Stanton
05-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Anyone else think there's a chance Carmelo would go to Cleveland? If he's serious about winning he should at least consider it.

1. He could play with Kyrie Irving and the #1 pick (which possibly could turn into Kevin Love).
2. Melo could pick the head coach
3. Cleveland is only an hour and some change by air from New York.
4. Melo could do what the greatest player of his generation couldn't, win a championship in Cleveland.

It actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I doubt it happens but it could be more intriguing than a lot of other options.

Master Mind
05-21-2014, 01:51 AM
So you really think the Heat are just gonna let Lebron walk? :eyebrow:

Without getting anything in return? You think Pat Riley roll like that?

If anything I think Pat has something up his sleeve to reload this Heat squad.

Corey
05-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Orr orrr, they trade their number one pick to the T-Wolves for Love and attract LeBron that way ;)

Bingo.

Why wouldn't Lebron want to go to Kyrie+Waiters+Love+Varejao

rex.reyesiii
05-21-2014, 02:14 AM
Lebron would only leave I guess if MIA lose in the Finals(or vs. IND) or or or, Wade becomes FMV. :D

therealwd27
05-21-2014, 02:33 AM
People are under estimating the amount of Cap space the Heat will have if they all opt out. Plus if I had to choose between trusting David Griffin to build a contender or Pat Riley, well that's obvious

SteBO
05-21-2014, 06:56 AM
The definition of stupidity/insanity is watching the same movie over and over again, and expecting a different result....this is the same conversation we were having the last couple years. Given, this is going to be one of the better drafts we've had in a while in terms of lottery picks, but this is the Cavs we're talking about....so to answer the OPs question, no.

mightybosstone
05-21-2014, 08:25 AM
I still don't think Lebron leaves Miami. But if he were to leave the Heat, Cleveland is the only team that makes a lot of sense right now. If he goes anywhere else, he'll get crucified again by fans and the media. If he goes to the Western Conference, it will seriously reduce the chances of him winning any more titles. However, if Cleveland plays their cards right they could have two star caliber players, a close friend of Lebron's in Varejao and several other enticing pieces on the roster. But the way the Cavs have operated since Lebron left (and really since Lebron was drafted), I have serious doubts about that franchise's ability to make the right moves and build a contender. And if the Heat win a third title, there will be no reason for Lebron to leave.

ottograham14
05-21-2014, 08:34 AM
More likely Lebron just opts in with Wade and Bosh for one more year next year and then opts out in the 2015 offseason. This way he can see what the Cavs do with the top pick and if they progress next season, New York has money that will open up in 2015 to see what they do and LA will have money probably still available. Gives Lebron one more year with Wade and Bosh and lets Wade literally breakdown in 2014-2015.

Lebron would have much more and better options in 2015 than this offseason IMO and if they win the title this year then they go for their 4-peat and if they don't, they know they were close enough to make one last run next year.

tredigs
05-21-2014, 08:37 AM
This part of the conspiracy alludes me -- Why do people assume Lebron and/or the league care if you "like" him? So long as he's "King", you'll still watch and he/they still make millions upon millions in advertising, regardless of what team he's on and what the general public's personal feelings on him are at any given time.

Yanks All Day
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM

That's really all you need to know for this thread. The Heat won't just fall apart after this season. The only player under contract for next year is Norris Cole at $2m. Chris Anderson and Udonis Haslem have player options for roughly $6m total. So thats $8m they'll be on the hook for.

Pat Riley is one of, if not the, best executives in the NBA. He'll probably get the Big 3 to re-sign for manageable contracts, re-sign Chalmers, and bring in a whole new set of role players that will only make Miami more dangerous next year.

At the very least, I'd trust Pat Riley to completely re-tool the Heat before I'd trust Cleveland to put together a title contender in the off-season. LeBron is going to be about rings. He's 29 and chasing the all-time greats. He's not going anywhere that's not a sure-fire contender, and he seems very happy in Miami. He could always finish his career in Cleveland, so why go to a project team now?

RB#20
05-21-2014, 09:01 AM
The NBA. Where rigging happens. How many #1 overall picks is LeBron James worth? Probably good for 1 more. I wonder if the same would have happened had Kobe went to the Clippers years ago?

mjm07
05-21-2014, 09:02 AM
So you really think the Heat are just gonna let Lebron walk? :eyebrow:

Without getting anything in return? You think Pat Riley roll like that?

/thread.

archdevil84
05-21-2014, 09:06 AM
if lebron would leave miami i would be dissapointed but i would stil wish him the best wherever he would go (except if he would go for chicago or houston)

lajoie
05-21-2014, 09:49 AM
It's pretty clear from his first season that Andrew Wiggins or whoever is #1 is going to need at least a year or so to get their feet wet. The consensus is there is no Anthony Davis in this draft.

warfelg
05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
People are under estimating the amount of Cap space the Heat will have if they all opt out. Plus if I had to choose between trusting David Griffin to build a contender or Pat Riley, well that's obvious

I can't see Wade opting out. I just can't. People make him out to be a huge team player, but push comes to shove a guy with shaky knees isn't going to say no to $20 mil and resign for $10-12 mil.

mightybosstone
05-21-2014, 10:21 AM
This part of the conspiracy alludes me -- Why do people assume Lebron and/or the league care if you "like" him? So long as he's "King", you'll still watch and he/they still make millions upon millions in advertising, regardless of what team he's on and what the general public's personal feelings on him are at any given time.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's just the guy's demeanor and his actions. He's openly admitted that The Decision was a mistake, he's constantly doing promotions and commercials to be seen in a positive light and usually tries as hard as he can to say the right things in interviews. I think most people inherently want to be liked. Who wants to be the best in the world at something if everyone who knows your name hates your guts?

As for the NBA, I do think they want their superstar player to be liked. It's a simple matter of economics, really. Heroes sell more jerseys than villains. You can always argue that people will tune in to root for the opposing team, but look at MJ. There's a reason MJ and Lebron are/were more marketable superstars than Kobe and it's not just because they are/were superior basketball players. A lot of it has to do with likability.

TheIlladelph16
05-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Duh

How many threatened boycotts is that with you now? Feel free to do so if you feel so strongly. You won't particularly be missed by the NBA nor posters on PSD though, so any point you'd be trying to make would be lost in the shuffle.

Yeah..... I understand that the guy's a Cavs fan, but the backlash and fan reaction was ridiculously over the top when he left Cleveland. Their owner literally published a letter taking a massive dump on Lebron and made ridiculous proclamations about Cleveland winning before Lebron ever does (lol x10,0000). I understand fans being upset he left and how it was handled, but wishing career ending injuries, jersey burning, trying to bring down the banners, etc. was over the top and petty.

ottograham14
05-21-2014, 10:50 AM
How many threatened boycotts is that with you now? Feel free to do so if you feel so strongly. You won't particularly be missed by the NBA nor posters on PSD though, so any point you'd be trying to make would be lost in the shuffle.

Yeah..... I understand that the guy's a Cavs fan, but the backlash and fan reaction was ridiculously over the top when he left Cleveland. Their owner literally published a letter taking a massive dump on Lebron and made ridiculous proclamations about Cleveland winning before Lebron ever does (lol x10,0000). I understand fans being upset he left and how it was handled, but wishing career ending injuries, jersey burning, trying to bring down the banners, etc. was over the top and petty.

Lebron literally was the main and only hope at that point for Cleveland winning anything. Be a fan of Cleveland sports all ur life and dealing with the Tribe, Browns and Cavs and you'll realize why it was handled by the fans that way especially when it was from a basically local who stated for 7 years how his entire goal was to win IN Cleveland and that the Cavs were his family.

Gilbert should have actually acted a lot more professional but he is a passionate owner that wants to win at all costs. I have no problem with us Cleveland fans acting the way we did especially after the whole Decision and then his pep rally. It hurt at the time I won't lie. Either way though it happened and most seem to have moved on. Doesn't help when the media continues to drive home him possibly returning. Which IMO will never happen.

I Rock Shaqs
05-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Duh

You should get banned just for being a moron, I've read you post and make a big deal about you " Giving up on the NBA, they won't get any of my money anymore, THIS LEAGUE IS RIGGED, I'm walking away" ******** for like three years.

mjm07
05-21-2014, 11:21 AM
I can't see Wade opting out. I just can't. People make him out to be a huge team player, but push comes to shove a guy with shaky knees isn't going to say no to $20 mil and resign for $10-12 mil.

Why not? He either doesn't opts out for the next 2 yrs at max money( 20+mil each yr ) or opts out and resigns for 4-5 yrs at 10-12mill? Wade wouldn't lose money.

Bosh will probably opt out and get another max contract. He's a top 20 player in this league. And the HEAT will need him moving foward. Unless we trade him of course. But don't see that outcome playing out. HEAT org are loyal to their players.

LBJ will surely opt out and cash in for a max deal. We can obviously pay him the most and surround the big 3 with a championship caliber roster yr after yr.

I like our chances with Riley/Arison over the field.

RCarlson85
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
No, last time I checked Dan Gilbert is still the owner of the Cavs and he was a complete *** hole when Lebron left. So why would Lebron want to go back to his team and help him win a championship? You think Lebron has just forgotten how things went down after he decided to go to Miami, I doubt it.

slashsnake
05-21-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't think it does. They keep missing on picks, their front office still can't put together anything decent there. What have they shown they can do well since Lebron left but lose? Sure they may get some good talent there, but is Lebron looking to start over on another rebuilding team?

Sly Guy
05-21-2014, 02:09 PM
wouldn't make sense unless they take joel embiid with the first pick. Parker/Wiggins are SF, LeBron can play the 4, but shouldn't have to.

Iron24th
05-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Loool praisejesus getting some love

Yanks All Day
05-21-2014, 04:05 PM
wouldn't make sense unless they take joel embiid with the first pick. Parker/Wiggins are SF, LeBron can play the 4, but shouldn't have to.

To be fair, not too many teams play the big lineups like the Pacers do. Not everyone has a Hibbert-West duo. A lot of teams play small ball, so LeBron at the 4 isn't outrageous.

Kyrie-Waiters-Parker-LeBron-Varejao with Tristan Thompson is a nice young 6, and surely role players would sign on to follow LeBron. Don't see LeBron going back to Cleveland, but they'd be able to pull it off.

Nikeman
05-21-2014, 04:10 PM
To all the HEAT fans saying Pat has a plan, get real..

Wade is 32 and missing 1/3rd of team games, to stay "healthy". Yes, he played amazing yesterday, but missing 1/3rd of the games to rest his knees cannot make him a "core" player for our future. Secondly, Bosh, lol please. If he was ever utilized I think Miami could go much further, but Spo does not know how to coach.

Cleveland has young talent, and players who can take pressure of LeBron and "give him plays off".

If Wade and Bosh opt in, the Heat will be severely cash strapped as LeBron would not take much less than them. It doesn't make sense for Bosh and Wade to opt-out and re-sign for much less money when they are scheduled to make 20+ each next season, not allowing Miami much flexibility.

LeBron possibly leaving isn't as unlikely as you guys say.

You trade the #1 pick and Waitors, and fillers for Love, add Kyrie, and you have a core of 22 year old Kyrie Irving, 25 year old Kevin Love, and 29 year old LeBron. Sets LeBron's future up much, much, MUCH better than ANYTHING Miami could do. Hell, even a Embiid, Kyrie and LeBron combo is much better than anything Miami could do for the future. Embiid on a rookie deal, Kyrie, and LeBron also gives the Cavs tons of cap space.

Simply put, as a HEAT fan, I am scared. To all of the people saying LeBron was treated like ****, he himself has said many times he would not rule out a return to Cleveland.

Also face it, turning 30 this year, LeBron doesn't have many dominating years ahead of him. Before he retires, the NBA, Nike, etc etc can milk the last years of prime LeBron with the poster boy returning home campaign, and before LeBron retires, he sets Cleveland basketball up well for the future and retires a hero, LOL

zeppelin6601
05-21-2014, 05:29 PM
It really doesn't make much sense for Lebron to leave for Cleveland at the end of this season. First off, they don't even have a coach yet, and God knows who they'll sign. Second, just because they have the number one pick, doesn't mean they'll be a better team next season. The top three guys are all 19. Besides Lebron, no 19 year old did well his first nba season. Hell, it took Kobe and KG a good three years to develop into a contributing player, and we're all assuming whomever they draft will actually develop into a decent player. It's entirely possible the player they draft becomes a bust (remember when everyone thought Greg Oden over KD was the smart decision?). If anything, if Lebron is truly intrigued by the cavs, he'll sign a one year deal and wait and see how both the Cavs play out and how Riley changes the roster.

TheScab
05-21-2014, 05:56 PM
This Lebron to Cleavland nonsense needs to stop because it's foolish. What man in his right mind would choose to uproot and move from South Beach Miami to Cleavland? Lol, so why would a multimillionaire family man in his 20's do so unless he was forced? Be realistic here folks.

Giannis94
05-21-2014, 06:01 PM
The only reason Lebron goes to Cle. is to party with Johnny Manziel. Nothing redeeming about Cleveland other than $$$Manziel$$$

zeppelin6601
05-21-2014, 06:06 PM
There are some legitimate reasons why he would leave. He lives in Akron during the offseason, not Miami. While this Miami team has the chance of three-peat, it's showing signs of decline, which might be troublesome for somebody in his prime like Lebron. Although I agree that the latest hypotheticals are unrealistic, there is a possibility Lebron could leave, I just think its a rather small one. I think if he's smart, he'll wait and see what Riley does with the Heat (he always has an ace up his sleeve it seems).

tredigs
05-21-2014, 06:24 PM
@MightyBosstone - do you have any proof that Lebron was more "likeable" or marketable than Kobe? That being the "good guy" sells more tickets or creates more jersey sales? The rape scandal was an outlier that goes beyond standard likability that set him back a bit, but he was still the most popular and richest basketball player in the world in 2010. So there goes that.

Looking at that popularity thread that we saw here the other day, we saw that the Lakers and the Heat were the two most popular teams in the NBA. You find them to be the most likeable? I'd say it proves that what matters is winning/legacies, your personal marketing team and being a dominant force in the NBA. Not much else.

I see absolutely zero benefit to the NBA in having Lebron return to Cleveland, especially considering they now have multiple young talents to hold peoples attention as a franchise. The conspiracy makes no sense, and people would not respect him for doing so, either. Leave your waning stars that you won titles with in order to piggy back on the new crop of young superstars in Cleveland again now that they've rebuilt in your absence? Yeah, not exactly a feel good story for him. He'd be bashed huge once again were he to do that; I think that's clear.

mlond004
05-21-2014, 06:45 PM
All this talk about Wade's knees. Yeah because these playoffs have just been Wade playing terrible right? Last I remember, LeBron CARRIED the Cavs to the top of the East during the regular season year after year. If he can do that then Wade can miss all the regular season he wants. Maybe LeBron will leave, if so fine. But look how close him and Wade are (The last Sports Center report about Wade), it would not be inconceivable that he would stay for 3 more years THEN leave. Any of you thinking Wade cannot last 3 more years are crazy. Only way I see LeBron even considering leaving is if the Heat do not win the chip again this year.

PhillyFaninLA
05-21-2014, 07:07 PM
yup Lebron, Durant, and Love are all going to take the league vetran minimum and play for the Cavs....I mean since Lebron is sick of making the finals and winning titles

Nikeman
05-21-2014, 07:16 PM
This Lebron to Cleavland nonsense needs to stop because it's foolish. What man in his right mind would choose to uproot and move from South Beach Miami to Cleavland? Lol, so why would a multimillionaire family man in his 20's do so unless he was forced? Be realistic here folks.

A man who was born and raised and has his roots in Cleveland?

Crackadalic
05-21-2014, 07:17 PM
You are completely 100% wrong.

First of all LeBron has mentioned playing for CLE again multiple times, not just in the link I posted. HE also went to CLE for the Zydrunas # retiring which is more than symbolic of his interest in Cleveland , regardless of who the owner is.

The NBA is on a mission to uplift the small market teams. The whole reason for the last lockout was because the small market owners would make ZERO concessions on anything with the players and big market owners. The rigging of the draft lottery, rescinding trades, and rigging games is all in a direct effort to make the small market owners happy.

Lmfao dude he was born and raise in ohio bruh. Of course he still has a place in his heart for the cavs man. Of course he still loves the city etc

Name me one player who didn't want to play for their home team. Lebron is slightly different because they had piss poor management

Besides lebron has a better team and a better shot to win in Miami then Cleveland even with the number one pick.

I still think kyrie is going to be a big star that just had a down year but if he's your second best player at this stage of his career then what makes you think lebron wants to risk that

The number one pick will take a few years to be a legitimate star no matter who it is so again why would lebron risk that?

Cut the nba rig crap. I'm not against certain shady **** (refs) but to think the nba would stage this? Nah

Nikeman
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Lmfao dude he was born and raise in ohio bruh. Of course he still has a place in his heart for the cavs man. Of course he still loves the city etc

Name me one player who didn't want to play for their home team. Lebron is slightly different because they had piss poor management

Besides lebron has a better team and a better shot to win in Miami then Cleveland even with the number one pick.

I still think kyrie is going to be a big star that just had a down year but if he's your second best player at this stage of his career then what makes you think lebron wants to risk that

The number one pick will take a few years to be a legitimate star no matter who it is so again why would lebron risk that?

Cut the nba rig crap. I'm not against certain shady **** (refs) but to think the nba would stage this? Nah

What if that number one pick nets them Kevin Love?

zeppelin6601
05-21-2014, 11:35 PM
What if that number one pick nets them Kevin Love?

I don't get this obsession with Kevin Love. Yeah, he's an amazing rebounder, but he's a 6'10 PF that shoots 45% from the field (why do people overlook fg%?). That's bad for a guard, never mind a big man. When you avg 26pts at 45% shooting, it tells me you're the primary offensive option for your team, but you're not great at it.

Say what you want about Bosh, but he has a plus 50% field goal percentage, and is a serious threat from outside the paint. This allows Lebron the spacing he needs to penetrate the paint. People always forget how badly the heat play when Bosh is injured. He may not put up great stats every night (although I do wish he would step up more often), but he is vital for Lebron to thrive.

ryang
05-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Until the Cavs **** up the pick again. Lebron doesn't have time for that. Who's there coach again? Lmao

mngopher35
05-22-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't get this obsession with Kevin Love. Yeah, he's an amazing rebounder, but he's a 6'10 PF that shoots 45% from the field (why do people overlook fg%?). That's bad for a guard, never mind a big man. When you avg 26pts at 45% shooting, it tells me you're the primary offensive option for your team, but you're not great at it.

Say what you want about Bosh, but he has a plus 50% field goal percentage, and is a serious threat from outside the paint. This allows Lebron the spacing he needs to penetrate the paint. People always forget how badly the heat play when Bosh is injured. He may not put up great stats every night (although I do wish he would step up more often), but he is vital for Lebron to thrive.

Bosh is a 3rd option, not the main guy the defense is trying to stop. Also Bosh has a TS% of .597 while Love has one of .591. (much better judge of how efficiently your scoring as it takes into account 3 pointers shot which Love does more/better and FT's). Love also does it at a higher volume but that is to be expected with their roles.

I don't disagree at all that Bosh is important to the team, but you can't just look at their fg% and ignore the rest of what goes into scoring.

bringbackfredex
05-23-2014, 12:39 AM
This hype is so ********, he isn't going back to Cleveland. Why would he play for a guy who publicly came out and called him a coward and a quitter, who also refused to apologize even years after the incident?

LeBron's free agency is interesting however because I think he's smart enough to see that Miami is in for a pretty steep decline if Bosh leaves, especially since Wade is aging and not the player he used to be. I personally think that he's going to try and win a championship as the only "star" this time around, so it wouldn't be too shocking if he went to a lower level team and shocked us all. The Sixers could be a sneaky sleeper pick, a big market city with 4 young top 10 picks. I still think the Knicks are also a possibility with Jackson in play, and LeBron's documented love for the team.

This is all just speculating though, he'll probably either try to win one by himself in Miami or pick a destination that none of us could possibly predict.

Arch Stanton
05-23-2014, 12:47 AM

Well, he already lives here in the offseason so there's no uprooting. And multi-millionaires don't uproot. I think the geography is blown out of proportion. He wants to win and right now has the best opportunity in Miami. It will be difficult for him to leave Miami with the success he's had there. I think he stays and should stay.

Munkeysuit
05-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Been there, done that, 7 years of greatness, 7 years of bringing in millions to that organization and for the city...only to end up its scapegoat for all of their failures. Miami may not have the most best fan base in the world, but he has an organization committed to winning, from every corner of their franchise and they are winning NOW! Cleveland wont be winning for another 3-5 years! by then Lebron will be 34 and on the downside of his abilities...lets just be realistic.

benzni
05-23-2014, 02:43 AM
I predict that the Cavs will sign Melo and Lebron, S&T for Love, and still will end up with the #1 pick next year