PDA

View Full Version : The Charlotte Bobcats Officially Become the Charlotte Hornets Today

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10958580/charlotte-bobcats-officially-change-nickname-hornets

Shammyguy3
05-20-2014, 04:25 PM
:clap: i no longer hate any of the team nicknames

sep11ie
05-20-2014, 04:42 PM
You are a fan of the Pelicans?

Shammyguy3
05-20-2014, 04:47 PM
yup, i think it's badass. Their logo is one of the best in the league, and their nickname actually represents the geography of the city (like most nicknames in the league do)

Master Mind
05-20-2014, 05:29 PM
I actually liked bobcats :shrug:

lol, please
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Hurray!!! Justice, if only for a day! Go Hornets!

Moving franchises and changing names always ruins family legacies, fans experiences, and is the ugly side of business, it's awesome to see a punch in the other direction.

*Superman*
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Pelicans is worse that Bobcats IMO.

X12Celtics3
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
:clap: i no longer hate any of the team nicknames

I hate the fact that the Jazz aren't in New Orleans... 'Jazz' is the absolute perfect name for a New Orleans sports team. Instead we have an awesome that's wasted on a location where it doesn't make sense and New Orleans is left with a lame name and awful uniforms.

JdKing7
05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
yup, i think it's badass. Their logo is one of the best in the league, and their nickname actually represents the geography of the city (like most nicknames in the league do)

I wouldn't exactly classify Pelicans as "badass." However, I do agree with the geographical representation aspect.

Shammyguy3
05-20-2014, 06:01 PM
I hate the fact that the Jazz aren't in New Orleans... 'Jazz' is the absolute perfect name for a New Orleans sports team. Instead we have an awesome that's wasted on a location where it doesn't make sense and New Orleans is left with a lame name and awful uniforms.

Jazz would definitely make more sense for New Orleans, but I think it's fine in SLC. What would Utah's nickname be if it wasn't the Jazz though, that's a good question.

I wouldn't exactly classify Pelicans as "badass." However, I do agree with the geographical representation aspect.

if you don't think the animal itself is badass, then okay but their logo is definitely one of the best in the league

Stunner
05-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Utah Mor

abe_froman
05-20-2014, 06:23 PM
heard they also get the history and records of hornets while they were in charlotte(so up '02) back to

abe_froman
05-20-2014, 06:27 PM
i think they should have went with voodoo or gators(but call it louisana gators, because it rolls of the toungue better) instead

Shammyguy3
05-20-2014, 06:34 PM
i think they should have went with voodoo or gators instead

Crescent City Voodoo would've been cool, i wouldn't have liked Gators.

NBA_Starter
05-20-2014, 07:27 PM
heard they also get the history and records of hornets while they were in charlotte(so up '02) back to

Yep and it was a Huge surprise, a ginormous thanks to Tom Benson and the Pelicans!

DallasTrilla23
05-21-2014, 10:12 AM
I loved the brass name for the pelicans. They could have use the saints colors with it and everything.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Love the name, glad they brought it back. The colors have always been one of my favorite.

BRING BACK THE HONEYCOMB COURT!!!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc3kcgw1iP1qay78vo1_400.jpg

THE MTL
05-21-2014, 10:57 AM
You are a fan of the Pelicans?

At first I hated the pelicans but the name really grew on me and their logo is pretty cool too. Plus, its a representation of that area. I am going to say they should have chosen "Blues" as their name though

Hellcrooner
05-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Finally.

Name and colours should have never left the city.

Pelicans is awfull by the way.

They should have had the balls to be the first city to have two teams using the same Name, logo and colours

Saints.

Would ahve been bad ***

In the end there are Nba Kings and Nhl kings so why not have that in the same city?

JeffG20
05-21-2014, 07:39 PM
i think they should have went with voodoo or gators(but call it louisana gators, because it rolls of the toungue better) instead

Voodoo is already taken by an arena football team. Now as ridiculous as that is the guy either didn't want to sell or didn't feel like he'd get enough in return. Pelicans are a fine name and people here love it for the most part. Ratings were like the 3rd most improved in the league. People can crap on the name all they want but I've seen more Pelicans merch as of late then any Hornet gear. Hornets were never our name to begin with and the Jazz have been in Utah for long enough. Don't want the Jazz name back.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-tv-ratings-show-nbas-third-biggest-increase

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Rumored home/away wordmarks for the Hornets uniforms:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoKkLnFCMAEBh0I.jpg