PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs - The Beautiful Game (video)

torocan
05-20-2014, 12:01 PM
I know that people like to see the stars, the highlights, the dunks and the flash.

However, sometimes you just have to appreciate the beauty of Team Basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU#t=402

Call me a purist, but win or lose I just love watching them play. :p

d00d
05-20-2014, 12:02 PM
why couldn't the beautiful team finish the ****ing sHeat last year when they had it iced.

lincecum=future
05-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Didn't watch the video but the Spurs are boring as ****. I don't care what anyone says.

Chronz
05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
That was a really well made video. I thought it was going to be that boring loop video but this is actually artistic

d00d
05-20-2014, 12:15 PM
That was a really well made video. I thought it was going to be that boring loop video but this is actually artistic

hilarious sig

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2014, 12:54 PM
When Parker sat in Pops seat during the timeout out and the team instantly gathered and huddled over him...:drool:

Reminded me of when Duncan did that.

Spurs are a great franchise and a great team. I don't know how people can call playing basketball the way it was made to be played, boring. You don't have to like the Spurs, but you should respect them. Duncan and Pop will be missed when they retire, not just to the Spurs but the whole NBA.

kdspurman
05-20-2014, 02:52 PM
This was great. :)

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:00 PM
I want to see the video of game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals called:

San Antonio Spurs - The Beautiful End Game Substitutions

kdspurman
05-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Don't worry, Kobe still has 5.

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Don't worry, Kobe still has 5.

If the Spurs win the title this yr, I'll shut up. In the meantime, I will keep harping on the same thing over and over and over again. I will not let it go. They let me down.

No matter the beautiful ball movement, Pop's military whipping of his guys that keep them in line, resting players and minutes management and restriction, scoring 110+ pts on good efficiency blah blah blah. If they don't win it the championship this yr, their beautiful game will be nothing but the end of a overrated season and run the last 4 yrs in this new reinvented San Antonio Spurs since they adopted small ball era post 2010.

mngopher35
05-20-2014, 03:17 PM
When Parker sat in Pops seat during the timeout out and the team instantly gathered and huddled over him...:drool:

Reminded me of when Duncan did that.

Spurs are a great franchise and a great team. I don't know how people can call playing basketball the way it was made to be played, boring. You don't have to like the Spurs, but you should respect them. Duncan and Pop will be missed when they retire, not just to the Spurs but the whole NBA.

Agreed, great video.

Bruno
05-20-2014, 03:17 PM
why couldn't the beautiful team finish the ****ing sHeat last year when they had it iced.

they had it won. the trophy was rolled out onto the court.

great video. gotta love them.

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:23 PM

Don't know how I missed this post. Great post. This is the same sentiment I share.

It could look beautiful or ugly, who the **** cares. JUST GET IT DONE!!!!!!!

When the Spurs played Ugly mucked up defensive juggernaut ball, they won 4 chips in 4 finals in a span of 9 yrs.

Post 2010, since they adopted small ball offensive juggernaut style, 4 yrs, 1 finals appearance, 0 chips with the ultimate finals choking job in nba history.

ewing
05-20-2014, 03:24 PM

you are the greediest fan ever

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:28 PM
you are the greediest fan ever

I don't follow. :confused:

KnicksLover
05-20-2014, 03:30 PM
I rather see one on one, terrible shooting at the end of the clock, ball hogging, selfish plays, wild shots that probably won't go in than team basketball.

kdspurman
05-20-2014, 03:31 PM
If the Spurs win the title this yr, I'll shut up. In the meantime, I will keep harping on the same thing over and over and over again. I will not let it go. They let me down.

No matter the beautiful ball movement, Pop's military whipping of his guys that keep them in line, resting players and minutes management and restriction, scoring 110+ pts on good efficiency blah blah blah. If they don't win it the championship this yr, their beautiful game will be nothing but the end of a overrated season and run the last 4 yrs in this new reinvented San Antonio Spurs since they adopted small ball era post 2010.

Are you watching the same team as everyone else? They are adapting to the way the league has changed and the way the game is being played now. They play big when they can (against Grizz/Pacers, etc...), and they play smaller when they need to.

Tim Duncan is not in his prime anymore. I don't know if you noticed or not. They don't have the same pieces to play that grit and grind style like they used to, cause it's not just giving him the ball in the post and slowing the game down.

You can harp on it over and over as long as you want, I know why you're so upset about it, but that doesn't change anything. It happened, it's done with. This is a special team, that didn't have to bring in a high powered FA (like other teams have the luxury of doing) to rebuild or make a blockbuster trade. They are working with what they have, and making the most of it.

ewing
05-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Don't know how I missed this post. Great post. This is the same sentiment I share.

When the Spurs played Ugly mucked up defensive juggernaut ball, they won 4 chips in 4 finals in a span of 9 yrs.

Post 2010, since they adopted small ball offensive juggernaut style, 4 yrs, 1 finals appearance, 0 chips with the ultimate finals choking job in nba history.

I didn't realize you could be an underdog, take a consensus favorite 7 games with your best player banged up, and have turned in the ultimate choke job.

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:34 PM
I didn't realize you could be an underdog, take a consensus favorite 7 games with your best player banged up, and have turned in the ultimate choke job.

When you have the championship in the grasp of your hands with 35 seconds to go, everything and every moment previous to that goes out the window. You're talking about the season as a whole. I'm talking about the "getting it done when you got it" perspective.

ewing
05-20-2014, 03:36 PM
When you have the championship in the grasp of your hands with 35 seconds to go, everything and every moment previous to that goes out the window. You're talking about the season as a whole. I'm talking about the "getting it done when you got it" perspective.

you are a terrible fan.

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:43 PM
you are a terrible fan.

How so? Just seems like an empty nonsensical post. Why don't you explain why you think I'm a terrible fan?

The PHX Suns played the most beautiful of basketball with D'Antoni and Nash at the helm from 2004-2007/08, and they didn't accomplish jack swat. Sure, the league moved towards that style of ball, but the new era innovators themselves didn't win jack shiite. Great winning streaks, great regular seasons, averaged 110-115 ppg on crazy efficient shooting from beyond the arch, beautiful ball movement, crazy number of assists individually and as a team, but it didn't get them nowhere.

The Spurs remind me of a slightly better defensive team and more disciplined version of those spurs with a wayyy better head coach. But the end result is the same, until now. Let's see if they can actually win the championship playing this new era of small ball with their old big 3 and plethora of random role players. And let's see them actually seal the deal.

SHUT ME UP!

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Are you watching the same team as everyone else? They are adapting to the way the league has changed and the way the game is being played now. They play big when they can (against Grizz/Pacers, etc...), and they play smaller when they need to.

Tim Duncan is not in his prime anymore. I don't know if you noticed or not. They don't have the same pieces to play that grit and grind style like they used to, cause it's not just giving him the ball in the post and slowing the game down.

You can harp on it over and over as long as you want, I know why you're so upset about it, but that doesn't change anything. It happened, it's done with. This is a special team, that didn't have to bring in a high powered FA (like other teams have the luxury of doing) to rebuild or make a blockbuster trade. They are working with what they have, and making the most of it.

Quit with the teasing with this new post 2010 Spurs.

WIN OR GO HOME

WIN & SHUT ME UP!

Enough is enough!

ewing
05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Quit with the teasing with this new post 2010 Spurs.

WIN OR GO HOME

WIN & SHUT ME UP!

Enough is enough!

These Spurs teams have already accomplished penalty. You are a greedy, spoiled, fan.

kdspurman
05-20-2014, 03:50 PM
These Spurs team has already accomplished penalty. You are a greedy, spoiled, fan.

He's a Lakers fan. I have my theories on why he wanted SA to win so badly last year and this year as well. But it is what it is. At the end of the day, these guys legacies are set. The fact they have been to at least the WCF 3 consecutive years, after never doing that even in Duncan's best years is impressive for me. To be able to enjoy high quality basketball after 17 years or whatever is something not many teams can say. If any

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:52 PM
These Spurs team has already accomplished penalty. You are a greedy, spoiled, fan.

No, the franchise and their previously primed young 3 with the same coach but different philosophies with a plethora of tough nosed defensive juggernaut role players have.

That team from 1999-2007 is proven with that different style of philosophical approach to the game.

NOT THIS TEAM, with this system, with this philosophical approach with these plethora of sharp shooting ball movement beautiful offense role players.

bucketss
05-20-2014, 03:54 PM
spurs are a ridiculous team i honestly don't see them losing in any 7 game series, maybe the finals format might throw them off this year who knows.

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 03:55 PM
He's a Lakers fan. I have my theories on why he wanted SA to win so badly last year and this year as well. But it is what it is. At the end of the day, these guys legacies are set. The fact they have been to at least the WCF 3 consecutive years, after never doing that even in Duncan's best years is impressive for me. To be able to enjoy high quality basketball after 17 years or whatever is something not many teams can say. If any

I love the Spurs.I used to hate Pop and Duncan when they were giving the 3peat Lakers fit, I hated them when they swept us in 99 and overthrew our 3 pt reign in 03. But I've come to respect them with time.

But I don't like that they teased me man. They really hurt me and I'm not even a Spurs fan. That finals loss to this day still bothers me, and you're a Spurs fan, so that hurt you as well too, but 10x more than it hurt me.

bucketss
05-20-2014, 04:22 PM
I love the Spurs.I used to hate Pop and Duncan when they were giving the 3peat Lakers fit, I hated them when they swept us in 99 and overthrew our 3 pt reign in 03. But I've come to respect them with time.

But I don't like that they teased me man. They really hurt me and I'm not even a Spurs fan. That finals loss to this day still bothers me, and you're a Spurs fan, so that hurt you as well too, but 10x more than it hurt me.

LOL u hatre bron that much

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 04:26 PM
LOL u hatre bron that much

How the hell did you just make this thread about him?

Good job.

Btw, aren't you a Raptors fan? Why so much love for LeBron?

Chill brah. This is an A and B conversation, C your way the eff out.

Jarvo
05-20-2014, 04:29 PM
:clap: beautiful man

ewing
05-20-2014, 04:44 PM
No, the franchise and their previously primed young 3 with the same coach but different philosophies with a plethora of tough nosed defensive juggernaut role players have.

That team from 1999-2007 is proven with that different style of philosophical approach to the game.

NOT THIS TEAM, with this system, with this philosophical approach with these plethora of sharp shooting ball movement beautiful offense role players.

Philosophies don't win games- players do. The Spurs get a hell of a lot of out of their talent pool. The fact that you sneeze at WCFs and finals apperences show you are a greedy spoiled fan. The rest of your post makes no sense. The Heat have won back to back titles and play small ball a hell of a lot more then the Spurs.

Red_Pill
05-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Spurs are an amazing franchise. Love them and their style of basketball.

arlubas
05-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Very well made video for a very well coached and run team. I may not enjoy the style they play as much as other teams but I respect them the most out of all the franchises in the L.

KnicksorBust
05-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the link. I added this to my basketball playlist on youtube. Looking forward to sharing this with my players.

Chronz
05-21-2014, 01:17 PM

they won playing small in 07