PDA

View Full Version : There is something I can't stand (KD and Free Agency)

j-bay
05-19-2014, 07:39 PM
I have seen a lot of NBA fans. "Don't spend this year, lets wait for KD". I have seen Raptors,Wizards, and other fans say this For me I think its stupid to that. You are taking a big risk in doing that. If you get him. congrats. But if you don't you end up screwing your franchise by not getting needs. For example the money the Wizards could use for Durant, could also be used for Gortat, Ariza, Monroe, or other needs. I would rather do option #2. My point is don't wait for KD. I don't see KD as a Lebron situation.

mngopher35
05-19-2014, 07:47 PM
What? I haven't seen much of that at all. If so that is very odd because the Superstars who leave are generally on bad teams. KD has a great team already that contends yearly. I agree with you that I wouldn't count on him leaving, especially as a Raptors or Wizards fan.

j-bay
05-19-2014, 07:51 PM
What? I haven't seen much of that at all. If so that is very odd because the Superstars who leave are generally on bad teams. KD has a great team already that contends yearly. I agree with you that I wouldn't count on him leaving, especially as a Raptors or Wizards fan.

I've seen most of it on twitter and a couple of other forums. I get it, everyone wants the big star. However, you shouldn't risk the key pieces of your team to do it. And if you have needs, then that money should be used to go out and get someone good to fill that need.

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2014, 07:56 PM
He would consider leaving if he doesn't win a championship by the time his deal is up. Maybe theres a better team out there, a lot can happen in 2 years.

Kevj77
05-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Well the worst place to be as a NBA franchise is a team without significant cap space, but just mediocre enough to be a 7-8 seed or barely missing the playoffs with virtually no chance at moving up in the lottery to get an immediate impact player. It is NBA purgatory.

Maybe that is part of their thinking.

_Gmen_
05-19-2014, 08:32 PM
There is sort of a big difference though in 1 great player being a FA soon and many being a FA.

Burkey3472
05-19-2014, 08:37 PM
He was born in DC, so Wizards fans might just be hoping for some sort of reunion.

bleedprple&gold
05-19-2014, 08:39 PM

I've seen most of it on twitter and a couple of other forums. I get it, everyone wants the big star. However, you shouldn't risk the key pieces of your team to do it. And if you have needs, then that money should be used to go out and get someone good to fill that need.

Yes it is worth the risk. You need guys like KD and Lebron to win in this league. Our you can keep re-signing average players and stay mediocre forever.

kingsdelez24
05-20-2014, 01:04 AM

LeBron had a 60+ win team and he left, so you never know

Free agency can be unpredictable

mngopher35
05-20-2014, 05:02 AM
LeBron had a 60+ win team and he left, so you never know

Free agency can be unpredictable

Agreed, but it was also in the east and he was going up against the Boston big 3 at the time. Also the year before they played the magic and dwight destroyed their front court. Westbrook and Ibaka are far better than anyone on those Cleveland teams. Right now OKC has proven they can hang with the best out west. I highly doubt going to Toronto or Washington will seem like ideal options. If I were them I wouldn't put all of my eggs into the Durant might leave to come here basket. As someone mentioned maybe Washington has a reason for hope since he is from there, but do you risk not building around Wall/Beal on that small chance?

I just don't think it is smart for those teams to be thinking they have a great chance at Durant.

3ddiiee
05-20-2014, 07:18 AM
If You Give Up On All Your Assets To Wait And Hope For A Big Star. Your Gonna End Up Like The 2012 and 2013 Dallas Mavericks

Capital G
05-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes it is worth the risk. You need guys like KD and Lebron to win in this league. Our you can keep re-signing average players and stay mediocre forever.

the spurs may disagree.

deaner
05-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your concern, but Tim Leiweke, Masai Ujuri, Drake, and Vasquez know what they are doing.

JEDean89
05-20-2014, 05:43 PM

tell that to the miami heat.