PDA

View Full Version : Which Final 4 teams should be criticized the most if they don't win the title?

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Which of the 4 remaining teams in these playoffs should be criticized the most if they don't win the title this yr?

SAS
MIA
OKC
IND

??

My personal choice is the Spurs. Since they adopted the small ball system and changed their identity from the previous titles of 99/03/05/07 (as defensive juggernaut) as more of an offensive small ball team, they've gone on tears during the regular season, multiple double digit win streaks per season since 2010-2011, 3 #1 seeds in the last 4 yrs. If they don't ACTUALLY WIN THE WHOLE THING, and especially with everyone healthy this yr, I don't know what to say. They are the regular season bully, but when the playoffs come and they meet their match or close to it, they've come up short. If they come up short this yr...

What would be your choice?

Discuss.

goingfor28
05-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Miami. Not 1 not 2 not 3...i don't see how it can be anybody but them

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 04:31 PM

They never said consecutive titles. They can not win it this yr and win it next yr and still be in great shape with 3 titles in 5 yrs.

mngopher35
05-19-2014, 04:39 PM
None? How about we give credit to the team who wins and accept it can only be one.

Spurs play great team basketball and were in the finals last year too. They might be the team running out of chances but no reason to criticize. OKC just lost Ibaka for the post-season. Indiana has been up and down but if they get to the finals it will be an accomplishment. Miami has been to 3 straight finals and won 2 of them.

We don't even know how it plays out or what will happen during a series (injuries, bad coaching, poorly played by players, who makes finals etc). Until it does there won't be an answer for this really, if any team even should.

metswon69
05-19-2014, 04:40 PM
The Heat have the most attention and pressure on them so they'll be the most criticized if they don't win. When they put the big 3 together, they were expected to put a string of titles together.

I would say OKC is probably next who will get the most criticism.

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 04:41 PM
None? How about we give credit to the team who wins and accept it can only be one.

Spurs play great team basketball and were in the finals last year too. They might be the team running out of chances but no reason to criticize. OKC just lost Ibaka for the post-season. Indiana has been up and down but if they get to the finals it will be an accomplishment. Miami has been to 3 straight finals and won 2 of them.

We don't even know how the it plays out or what will happen during a series (injuries, bad coaching, poorly played by players, who makes finals etc). Until it does there won't be an answer for this really, if any team even should.

Or, you can stop being so diplomatic and politically correct and just pick one.

Whatever happened to the WIN or GO HOME mentality?

Now, it's the "I'm Just Happy To Be Here" Mentality! We've made it this far, we'll have plenty of chances like this going forward! We "Overachieved". Hey, everybody gets a ribbon!

mdm692
05-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Miami. Road to the ECF has been a cake walk and they have the best player in the world.

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 04:42 PM
The Heat have the most attention and pressure on them so they'll be the most criticized if they don't win. When they put the big 3 together, they were expected to put a string of titles together.

I would say OKC is probably next who will get the most criticism.

Even with Ibaka out?

mngopher35
05-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Or, you can stop being so diplomatic and politically correct and just pick one.

Whatever happened to the WIN or GO HOME mentality?

Now, it's the "I'm Just Happy To Be Here" Mentality! We've made it this far, we'll have plenty of chances like this going forward! We "Overachieved". Hey, everybody gets a ribbon!

No, it's the we have no idea how things out so there is no way to know if criticism is deserved route. You know the lets actually watch the games to find out idea. As of right now if you just said team x wins I have no reason to criticize anyone else without watching the games and knowing the details.

You can pick right now who deserves criticism but it mostly just shows bias against a team really since it is before the fact. Miami has the most pressure because they have Lebron with Wade/Bosh so I will say Miami. In that sensethey have the most pressure and will receive the most criticism. Doesn't mean you have to necessarily agree with it.

beliges
05-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Miami will be criticized the most since they have the most talent out of any of the teams playing.

Thunder will be criticized in the sense that Durant and Westbrook will be heavily criticized for failing to win and Scott Brooks could easily be fired if they do not put up a fight in the WCF and subsequently the Finals.

Indi will be criticized if they do not make the Finals in that they were the #1 seed. However, nobody really expects them to be able to beat the Heat.

Shammyguy3
05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Before Ibaka went down I would've said OKC but now they're playing with house money imo. I can't say Indiana, because of their meltdown this year they have no expectations. Miami - well, i can't criticize a team for not winning 3 years in a row, and with Wade's decline it's to be expected honestly.

So, that leaves me with San Antonio, especially with their performance in last year's finals. I'll be more critical of them for not winning than any other team.

ChicagoFan4Eva
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
The 4 teams who are currently still playing are the best 4 teams in their respective conferences. The Heat have the biggest criticism if they don't win another championship because they are the defending champs. Yes, OKC has Durant who is the MVP of the league but they lost Ibaka for the season. It could be the difference between coming out of the West and the Spurs topping them. There are other factors that could change the outcome such as injuries, bad calls, suspensions and all that jazz.

torocan
05-19-2014, 05:05 PM
The Heat.

-Defending champions
-Most superstars
-Easiest path to the finals
-Played in the easier conference
-Rested DWade for a ton this season
-Younger than the Spurs, way more experienced than the Pacers, and a good match up against OKC

Considering many of the posters here didn't even think that the Spurs would be anywhere near as good as they've been this year and questioned whether they would even make the WCF, its hard to be too disappointed given that they're another year older

The Pacers have been a complete mess since the ASG. It would be close to a miracle if they end up as the Champs.

And OKC lost Ibaka, one of their most important defenders and a significant part of their offense.

Barring injury, the Heat really have no excuses this year to not win another Finals especially if Spurs/OKC ends up being a long series.

SPURSFAN1
05-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Which of the 4 remaining teams in these playoffs should be criticized the most if they don't win the title this yr?

SAS
MIA
OKC
IND

??

My personal choice is the Spurs. Since they adopted the small ball system and changed their identity from the previous titles of 99/03/05/07 (as defensive juggernaut) as more of an offensive small ball team, they've gone on tears during the regular season, multiple double digit win streaks per season since 2010-2011, 3 #1 seeds in the last 4 yrs. If they don't ACTUALLY WIN THE WHOLE THING, and especially with everyone healthy this yr, I don't know what to say. They are the regular season bully, but when the playoffs come and they meet their match or close to it, they've come up short. If they come up short this yr...

Discuss.

The spurs big 3 are playing on fumes. They won't ever be criticized because they won it all already multiple times. They have nothing to prove. Anything more is icing on top. They could have all retired in 2010 and they would all be first ballot HOFers. You just hate the spurs for some reason.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Miami and it's not even close.

Indy is playing the worst basketball we seen them play. Hibbert is just terrible right now.

Okc lost a major piece again. Bad luck.

Spurs are playing great but a year older. Parker is going to play hurt again.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Heat are defending champs and have had an easy way so far. The Pacers struggled too so they have to take advantage of going to the finals and be fresher.

Kushed
05-19-2014, 05:40 PM
lmao.. of course it has to be the heat in your guys blind eyes...

what other team would be criticized for 2 titles in 4 years other than the Heat?? oh yeah nobody..

it comes down to this.. the spurs have been so dominant in the regular season these past few years if they don't come away with a title then thats sad.. in addition, durant just won the MVP and its funny how if this was lebron everyone would be demanding a title.. but no kevin durant is immune to criticism... he might never win a title but will somehow still go down as the GOAT in the eyes of PSD

jerellh528
05-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Dupe post

jerellh528
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Heat because all their stars joined forces for not 5...not 6... Not 7. In fact, if they lose this year, only 2 titles since 2010 would be a pretty big failure. Especially considering their cake paths

kdspurman
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll go with Indy.

gatkins11
05-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Miami.

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 06:24 PM

what other team would be criticized for 2 titles in 4 years other than the Heat?? oh yeah nobody..

it comes down to this.. the spurs have been so dominant in the regular season these past few years if they don't come away with a title then thats sad.. in addition, durant just won the MVP and its funny how if this was lebron everyone would be demanding a title.. but no kevin durant is immune to criticism... he might never win a title but will somehow still go down as the GOAT in the eyes of PSD

Thank you! Someone with reason!

Kaner
05-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Miami by far their the most polarized team and the ones with the highest expectations each year

No real expectations on Indiana at this point they've already gotten their criticisms even if their were high expectations they are young and still can improve

Spurs are the opposite where Ginobili, Duncan, Parker have established legacies and can get a pass for their age

Thunder got a partial pass when Ibaka went down. Now most of their criticisms will get deflected by that.

JPS
05-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Miami I guess. Don't think i will actually criticize any of them. It is a pretty even top 4 and should be some very good series.

Shammyguy3
05-19-2014, 11:09 PM

I don't understand how being dominant in the regular season but not winning a ring is considered sad. Especially given the circumstances of the teams the Spurs have had to face to get to the Finals to begin with. Winning a ring is hard. Winning a ring is hard as ****. It shouldn't be seen as sad. It should be seen as "damn, that's a great team that could've won it but they aren't the only great team in the league."

That's what you should think of.

goingfor28
05-19-2014, 11:23 PM
They never said consecutive titles. They can not win it this yr and win it next yr and still be in great shape with 3 titles in 5 yrs.

They said what? 7 or 8 titles during their first presser together? So they still need 5 or 6 more.

Crackadalic
05-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Heat

There expected to 3peat

Anything less is a utter failure.

WadeCounty
05-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Between the Thunder and Heat IMO

The spurs really don't have anything to proof, imo last years championship was a toss up. I've always been worried playing against the spurs in a 7 game series including this year.

Indiana no one expects to even reach the finals

OKC, for all the hype of KD this season. Scoring champion, improved his over all play and has outplayed Lebron this year (your words not mine), MVP, even with Ibaka down a superstar should still propel their team to a win. If the heat would have lost to (forgot if either bulls or pacers) back a few years ago when Bosh went down with the Abdomen injury no one would have stopped mentioning how he choked once again although we had just lost our only legit big.

And the Heat because I was promised not 1, 2 or 3 and you know how it goes.

kdspurman
05-19-2014, 11:36 PM
I don't understand how being dominant in the regular season but not winning a ring is considered sad. Especially given the circumstances of the teams the Spurs have had to face to get to the Finals to begin with. Winning a ring is hard. Winning a ring is hard as ****. It shouldn't be seen as sad. It should be seen as "damn, that's a great team that could've won it but they aren't the only great team in the league."

That's what you should think of.

So much truth to this statement..... I try to explain the same thing but some people view it as a failure to do what the Spurs have done the last 5-6 years. Especially considering they don't have the luxury of getting FA's to come play there, a lot of it is done with their own scouting, developing, etc... They had to change how they played over the last 4-5 years and it's paying dividends now by getting all the right pieces. (Diaw, Leonard, Splitter)

I don't think some folks realize how hard winning a ring is, especially playing in the West, where seeding doesn't really matter for the most part

Cal827
05-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Even with Ibaka out?

Isn't Durant supposed to be the new best player in the world (according to some people)?

I think it's

OKC
SAN
MIA
IND

I'm not exactly sure how many people thought that Lebron was going to win 7+ championships during his 5 year contract, as he jokingly suggested. Anyways, they've been to the Finals three straight years, quite possibly 4. They have multiple titles. If they get there and lose, then I can see the Media going two different ways.

If the Spurs beat them: The Revenge of Duncan and company. They were a Ray Allen 3 away from taking down Miami last year. They are the best team in the League. Another title and you might see them head off in the sunset.

If the Thunder beat them: Lebron is passing on the #1 throne to Durant (who would likely pick up a playoffs MVP, outlasting his teammate Perkins)

OKC is number 1 on my list because in the eyes of many people, they got bailed out by the office or ref calls (Z-bo suspension, and then the questionable calls last series vs the Clippers). I know Ibaka is out, but it's not Westbrook, so I don't exactly see the media bailing OKC out with an excuse this season. If they don't this season, there will be more calls for Durant choking at the biggest stage, as well as on the team for letting Harden go (assuming that Perkins is let go of this season lol). Might be better for them if they get knocked off by the Spurs now.

Spurs are 2 on my list. As someone already mentioned, they are the best team in the league by a fair amount. It shouldn't have taken them 7 to beat Dallas, but that's not what matters now. They are going to have home court, and they just lost it all last year from pretty much the Allen 3. This is pretty much it for the group. If they win it, I can see Duncan retiring on top.

Indiana is 4th, mainly because of how jekyll-hyde that they have been. That team is likely going to need a TON of retooling in the offseason, and people are realizing that after looking at their previous series, and the articles that have leaked out. If they win the title, then most of that team would be glorified lol

Red_Pill
05-19-2014, 11:49 PM
1. Miami - They've been to the finals three years in a row, and won twice. With their up and down play throughout the season, they'll be criticized the most.

2. OKC- Despite losing Ibaka, they have two of the best players in the league. No excuses. If they don't win this year, expect some big off season changes.

3. SA - The only criticism I can see them getting is the usual "they're too old".

4. Indiana - Nobody expects them to make it to the finals, honestly.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Lol I can't believe people take that "Not 6, not 7, not 8" stuff like it was a serious statement.

goingfor28
05-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Lol I can't believe people take that "Not 6, not 7, not 8" stuff like it was a serious statement.

Why wouldn't it have been? They said it...

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2014, 12:45 AM

Just because he said it doesn't mean it was a serious, definitive statement.

Want me to translate for you what he meant or are you smart enough to figure it out?

Dade County
05-20-2014, 01:05 AM
I think the HEAT should be criticized the most, if they don't win it all... They have the best team, with the best players.

They should win 5 titles in a row, anything less then that will be a con-job (again).

goingfor28
05-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Just because he said it doesn't mean it was a serious, definitive statement.

Want me to translate for you what he meant or are you smart enough to figure it out?

What he said was they will not lose.

Shammyguy3
05-20-2014, 01:08 AM
So much truth to this statement..... I try to explain the same thing but some people view it as a failure to do what the Spurs have done the last 5-6 years. Especially considering they don't have the luxury of getting FA's to come play there, a lot of it is done with their own scouting, developing, etc... They had to change how they played over the last 4-5 years and it's paying dividends now by getting all the right pieces. (Diaw, Leonard, Splitter)

I don't think some folks realize how hard winning a ring is, especially playing in the West, where seeding doesn't really matter for the most part

Yup. I don't know if there is a single "that team not winning a ring is an utter failure" in the history of the game. Not the '04 Lakers, not the '11 Heat, not the 90s Jazz/Sonics/Suns/Blazers/Knicks/Pacers. People think winning a ring is something that just happens.

It doesn't. Health is a huge variable. Time is a greater variable. 29 other teams is the greatest reason of all. Countless Bulls fans think not winning a ring is inexcusable, not trading for star X and Y is management being lazy. Winning a ring isn't easy, partially because dynasties are commonplace. Which some might mistaken that for "A + B + C = Ws" but it's not because of everything i've already stated.

If people think Miami has the most pressure because they're expected to 3 peat, i think that's nuts. This Miami team this year is less of a favorite than they've been the previous 3 seasons. And this year, there were more contending teams than the last few years as well.

metswon69
05-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Even with Ibaka out?

Yeah probably because fans are waiting for Durant and Westbrook to take that next step and dethrone Lebron and the Heat (if both teams get that far). The Spurs and Popovich have been so good the last 15 years that they really won't get much criticism if they don't win it all and I don't think there are the same expectations nationally for the Pacers.

raiderfaninTX
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Heat

There expected to 3peat

Holy crap, the children in this forum are hilarious. If you don't win three championships in a row you suck. LOL

I believe it's OKC, even with out Ibaka you have what some people on here believe is the best player in the NBA along with the best pg. You want to be considered elite then win something, if you cant even represent your conference then all talk of durant being above lebron should stop. It really should of stopped last series when Westbrook won them games.

ManRam
05-20-2014, 09:50 AM

It was said in front of Miami fans at a welcoming ceremony. "We're here to win"...that's all the message was. Ever hear of hyperbole?

The answer is the Heat. I would have said OKC, but the Ibaka injury gives them an out again. No one cares enough about SAS to scrutinize them...and Indy, especially after their meltdown, is playing with house money.

ATX
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Heat

There expected to 3peat

So let's say Miami gets past Indy and then loses to the Spurs on the road in game 7 of the Finals. That would make 4 consecutive Finals trips with 2 Championships. That's "UTTER FAILURE?" Okay...

pebloemer
05-20-2014, 10:01 AM

We don't even know how it plays out or what will happen during a series (injuries, bad coaching, poorly played by players, who makes finals etc). Until it does there won't be an answer for this really, if any team even should.

There are 2 correct answers to this question.

a) See post above.

b) The Heat.

PhillyFaninLA
05-20-2014, 10:26 AM
The Heat are the 2 time defending champs and made 3 finals in a row I believe.

The Spurs are so well coached and so disciplined and experienced.

The Thunder have the best player this past season but I think Westbrook hurts your chances.

The Pacers are the 4th option and I don't think that close to the other 3.

With that said, why do we need to criticize a team for having a good season but not a great season. Not even Jordan won a title every year.

PhillyFaninLA
05-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Heat because all their stars joined forces for not 5...not 6... Not 7. In fact, if they lose this year, only 2 titles since 2010 would be a pretty big failure. Especially considering their cake paths

Orginal and creative I've never heard anyone clever enough to reference that.....hey did you know they just built a giant triangle shape building in Egypt, just trying to stay as topical as you

slashsnake
05-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Holy crap, the children in this forum are hilarious. If you don't win three championships in a row you suck. LOL

I believe it's OKC, even with out Ibaka you have what some people on here believe is the best player in the NBA along with the best pg. You want to be considered elite then win something, if you cant even represent your conference then all talk of durant being above lebron should stop. It really should of stopped last series when Westbrook won them games.

I wouldn't call it utter failure. But remember in year 1 when they lost to the Mavs, there were a billion articles out there that Miami should blow it up. Every series when they got down, that was the talk. Move Bosh or even Wade, and start over around Lebron.

I think Durant gets a pass this year with Ibaka's injury as long as he keeps playing well, deserved or not. I think nobody believes the Pacers will win it all after their late season issues, if they do great. I think people see San Antonio as old. Heat are the team that people say is win or bust the most about if you ask me.

ManRam
05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't call it utter failure. But remember in year 1 when they lost to the Mavs, there were a billion articles out there that Miami should blow it up. Every series when they got down, that was the talk. Move Bosh or even Wade, and start over around Lebron.

I think Durant gets a pass this year with Ibaka's injury as long as he keeps playing well, deserved or not. I think nobody believes the Pacers will win it all after their late season issues, if they do great. I think people see San Antonio as old. Heat are the team that people say is win or bust the most about if you ask me.

They probably do...but Miami is the oldest team in the NBA. I think with SAS people just don't care enough. Everything is icing on the cake for them. They've never really been held to such demanding expectations, even in the midst of their organizational prime (hell, they're still pretty much in that). It's just not a polarizing team.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-20-2014, 11:08 AM
When it comes to pressure, the answer is always Miami.

Regardless of how some people feel about the big 3 team up, that sealed their fate with regards to pressure.

The media and the fans respect the way the Spurs have done things and they don't have the bright lights superstars that Miami and OKC have.

OKC would have a ton of pressure on them, if it weren't for Miami.

Indiana has no pressure on them.

TheIlladelph16
05-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Another chance for the "If the Heat don't win 8 straight championships like they said they would at a pep rally in front of their new hometown fans they're complete and utter failures" crowd to have its day in here. The Heat are already a massive success and have had one of the best runs in the history of the game. Even though I'd love to see them run off some ridiculous number like 6 in a row, they don't need to prove **** to me moving forward.

To answer OP's question, I would say probably the Thunder. No one really, truly cares enough about the Spurs, at least nationally, to criticize them if they lose.

slashsnake
05-20-2014, 11:39 AM
They probably do...but Miami is the oldest team in the NBA. I think with SAS people just don't care enough. Everything is icing on the cake for them. They've never really been held to such demanding expectations, even in the midst of their organizational prime (hell, they're still pretty much in that). It's just not a polarizing team.

Yeah, that is true, but you are looking at Haslem, Jones, Mason, Joel Anthony, Rashard Lewis and Birdman and Allen who really drive up the Heats age. You are looking at Duncan and Ginobili who drive up the Spurs age. The Heat can go younger next year and still have their elite players. For the spurs to go younger they have to give up 2 of their 3 guys who harken back to their championship years. Even Parker has been in the NBA 13 years already.

I've always wondered why the Spurs aren't more popular. We SHOULD like them. Guys who stick with their team. Guys who take less to help their team get better. Humble... Stable... Loyal... Fundamentals. Great coaching, unselfish pass first basketball. They don't go out making wild predictions and headlines for off the court stuff (outside of Parkers love life). Tough old vets, nice young gems. They draft well, they trade well. They do everything we say we want when we talk about other guys. Pick a team that most represents 90's basketball (what most say they like the best in another poll) and you have the Spurs.

In the end we want the chaos, the brashness, the larger than life personalities, the high flying dunks with no defense, the free agent talent combining and the big markets.

beyourself
05-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I'd say OKC has a ton of pressure on them and they should be criticized if they go 4 or 5 games with the Spurs especially.

I know Ibaka is out, but he's just 1 player. They still have 2 other highly talented players. And the big thing is so what if he's out. Deal with it and adjust.

Somebody please explain to me why everybody with role player talent on OKC always looks like trash? I mean the Spurs are a team of role players who play well together and individually.

Why does everybody without exceptional talent on OKC always suck? That's an organizational problem.

FOBolous
05-20-2014, 01:01 PM
there are many great team in the league and there can only be ONE champion. as long as the teams play well, i don't think it's fair to trash a great team over not winning and have a player's legacy determined by him not winning.

Jarvo
05-20-2014, 04:32 PM

SAS
MIA
OKC
IND

??

Discuss.

Why are you so worried about The Spurs? You come off as a real female.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-20-2014, 05:04 PM
OP is just a genuine Spurs hater. Every thread he regurgitates the same ****** takes over and over again.

The answer is Miami. They have the best player in the world, in his prime, playing with the most talented team.

Second is OKC. Even though they will get a free pass because of Ibaka

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Why are you so worried about The Spurs? You come off as a real female.

Thanks. I feel really close to you right now. :o

P&GRealist
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
OP is just a genuine Spurs hater. Every thread he regurgitates the same ****** takes over and over again.

The answer is Miami. They have the best player in the world, in his prime, playing with the most talented team.

Second is OKC. Even though they will get a free pass because of Ibaka

Am I now?

Ask kdspurman. He knows how I feel about the Spurs losing last yr and he knows that because of that, it has affected my judgment (and really, can you blame me) on their chances for this yr.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Am I now?

Ask kdspurman. He knows how I feel about the Spurs losing last yr and he knows that because of that, it has affected my judgment (and really, can you blame me) on their chances for this yr.

I guess I really don't understand your logic. Spurs are a "regular season" team because they pushed the defending champs to 7 games? They were 1 rebound or made FT away from a 5th championship. Ray Allen hit an extremely clutch shot, that **** happens. Despite the heartbreaking loss the Spurs were still competitive in game 7 and now here they are again 1-0 in the WCF.

How many teams would have crumbled in that game 7, or would have made it back to the CF the next year? I guess every team not named the Heat are regular season teams.

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2014, 11:06 AM
The Heat easily. They are young players in their prime and they are healthy. And they are the defending champs.

The Spurs are well coached and play hard, but all their primary guys are on the wrong side of 30, and two of them are on the wrong side of 35.

The Thunder are without their primary rebounder and best interior defender. That loss hurts them more than most people realize. If it were a single game in the regular season, not a big deal, but when you are playing a seven-game series against a vet team like SAS that is so well coached, you can't cover that up for seven games.

The Pacers have played like $#!T for the last two months, so despite having homecourt, I don't think anybody is expecting them to go all the way. Whatever criticism they are due, they've already been getting it for playing like a lottery team during the last month and a half of the season.

So, yea, the Heat. They have an easy path to the finals (two sub-500 teams and the the Pacers who were themselves sub-500 for the last month going into the playoffs. They have no real excuse to not be in the finals, and they will be playing the team they (barely) beat last year.

FlashBolt
05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
The pressure isn't even on Miami.. it's on LeBron. Quite frankly, as long as LeBron is in his prime, wherever he goes will have the most pressure. Doesn't matter if he goes to China, Cavailers.. He's the only final four and personally only person who is capable of climbing high in the all time list and that pressure will always surpass everyone else.

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
The pressure isn't even on Miami.. it's on LeBron. Quite frankly, as long as LeBron is in his prime, wherever he goes will have the most pressure. Doesn't matter if he goes to China, Cavailers.. He's the only final four and personally only person who is capable of climbing high in the all time list and that pressure will always surpass everyone else.

How can you say that, look at your avatar.

FlashBolt
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
How can you say that, look at your avatar.

High as in Michael Jordan area. I don't think Durant will be able to surpass James so I didn't want to include him. Durant has a long way to go and it's very unfortunate he is part of the James era. If James wasn't playing, he would have at least 3 MVP's and maybe a ring by now. I'm more of a James fan than Durant so I may be biased but I just think James has a higher ceiling and fan exposure. That combined with the hatred he'll always receive will add to the pressure. I mean, if Durant loses, how many people are going to say "Durant loses, pressure is on him"? If James loses, Kobe fans will talk smack, newspapers will have something to write about, and pretty much every sports broadcast will lament on him.

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 08:54 PM
For me the Spurs because they are on fire right now and on top of that have all of the motivation in the world, so that's who I'm going with.

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 09:02 PM
High as in Michael Jordan area. I don't think Durant will be able to surpass James so I didn't want to include him. Durant has a long way to go and it's very unfortunate he is part of the James era. If James wasn't playing, he would have at least 3 MVP's and maybe a ring by now. I'm more of a James fan than Durant so I may be biased but I just think James has a higher ceiling and fan exposure. That combined with the hatred he'll always receive will add to the pressure. I mean, if Durant loses, how many people are going to say "Durant loses, pressure is on him"? If James loses, Kobe fans will talk smack, newspapers will have something to write about, and pretty much every sports broadcast will lament on him.

I'm a James fan too, but that just seemed odd. I agree James is on track right now to be ranked higher but Durant is still young with plenty of time to make his mark. I would just mention him as someone who is capable of climbing high on the all time ranks. Lebron will definitely get more pressure as usual but just because he doesn't have the same pressure doesn't mean Durant isn't in that type of conversation.

FlashBolt
05-21-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm a James fan too, but that just seemed odd. I agree James is on track right now to be ranked higher but Durant is still young with plenty of time to make his mark. I would just mention him as someone who is capable of climbing high on the all time ranks. Lebron will definitely get more pressure as usual but just because he doesn't have the same pressure doesn't mean Durant isn't in that type of conversation.

Do you think Durant will have a higher all-time ranking than James?

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you think Durant will have a higher all-time ranking than James?

No, but I wouldn't say it is impossible. I do think he is very capable of climbing up the all time ranks though and a title would give him a huge jump up. That was the only part I disagreed with.

cooters22
05-22-2014, 05:24 PM

They've already done it. How can it be anything but Indiana who is looking like a regular season pretender or Thunder, who is looking like the same, with a big star.

hugepatsfan
05-22-2014, 05:51 PM
I think MIA deserves a lot of criticism if they don't get by IND. I think MIA-OKC-SA are all so close that you can't really rip any of them for losing to one another. I think IND is a tier below with how they're playing right now though so there's no excuse for MIA to not get past them.