PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: "He is our leader in points and other things, but in voice he is not..."

mdm692
05-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Let the Love-drama begin. This situation will probably get ugly fast unless they trade him ASAP.

He is a special player, his numbers are incredible but maybe our leader must be other (...) He is our leader in points and other things, but in voice he is not the player he can be or wants to be. There are different types of leaders. Perhaps he shouldn't have been our leader, perhaps Kevin Martin could have been our leader because he had a bit more experience, perhaps I could take a step forward to be the definitive leader.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/19/5730964/ricky-rubio-questions-kevin-love-leadership

Slug3
05-19-2014, 01:36 PM
At least he's not the leader in turnovers right Ricky?

Kushed
05-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Wtf is Rubio even saying here?

Stunner
05-19-2014, 01:39 PM
At least he's not the leader in turnovers right Ricky?

Or the leader at getting stuffed by the rim

Stunner
05-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Wtf is Rubio even saying here?

Kevin Martin Leadership > Loves leadership

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Where's Hawkeye at?

Crackadalic
Some players can lead on the court but not by voice I guess he's saying

Your best player isn't always your best leader

tredigs
Lead yourself to 40% from the field first Ricky.

Stunner
Where's Hawkeye at?

Getting ready for his post wolves life on PSD

Sadds The Gr8
05-19-2014, 01:42 PM
If he wanted a leader so much then maybe his layup-botching wackass should've stepped up to the plate instead of blaming people.

xxplayerxx23
05-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Rubio talking he's awful. :laugh2:

torocan
05-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Wait, isn't this the guy that the Wolves gave their 5 year deal?

Just checking.... :laugh::laugh:

amak316
05-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Ricky Rubio has a historically bad year, Kevin Love has an all world year. Ricky Rubio blames Kevin Loves leadership when he can't make an uncontested layup.

flea
05-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Usually leaders don't constantly whine throughout their injury-plagued and underachieving tenure with the team that drafted them. Rubio is probably just telling the truth.

mngopher35
05-19-2014, 01:50 PM
I think the point is that if he doesn't/didn't want to be here he shouldn't be the vocal leader of the team. Maybe it is his (rubio's) chance to step up and be more of a leader. Could be wrong though, the site clearly states it is a rough translation of what he said.

Chronz
05-19-2014, 01:53 PM
I cant wait to see how this unfolds, when the duo departs, we'll see who was truly more influential.

Iron24th
05-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Loool rubio saying he could become the leader, what a poor leader, I feel sorry for minny.

BALLER R
05-19-2014, 02:16 PM
I like how everyone getting at Rubio. This is exactly what I suspected with Love. He's not a leader.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
I like how everyone getting at Rubio. This is exactly what I suspected with Love. He's not a leader.

It's just funny coming from a player that hasn't really lived up to his own hype .

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:21 PM
we can all poke fun at rubios game here, but that's not what this is about. he's saying kevin love is not a good vocal leader, for all we know he could be 100% right

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:23 PM
good thing the lakers don't need a leader. they just want a crazy pf who can put up 30 & 30 on any given night. lol

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:25 PM
They're a lot of different types of leaders though , some lead by action on the court and those are the vocal ones . But as a leader in terms of play we can never say Love never have up on the team to help them win the game . If Rubio felt this way why didn't he step up he's viewed as a leader as well from draft stand point and hype . It's easy to point the blame and talk where it looks like one of your teammates is on his way out the door .

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 02:28 PM
He's not the vocal RA RA type of leader. He leads by example on the floor.

That being said, this will definitely be the summer of Love.

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Why do we need a qualifier for someone to question someone else's leadership skills? Does this mean only leaders can question other peoples leadership?

I have no problem with a teammate calling another teammate (especially when the "star" is in question) for the lack of leadership.

Cal827
05-19-2014, 02:31 PM
:laugh: Rubio.

Might be a Bosh situation when he was here in Toronto though. Statwise, he was the leader, but he thought that the stats were why he was the "leader". When he was here, it was likely Jack or Calderon who where the vocal leaders of the team... with that **** Colangelolo scapegoating team issues on Bosh.

Anyways, perhaps Love has to learn how to be a leader. But it is quite funny hearing Rubio say it (Although, his argument is fairly unrelated to stats)

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
They're a lot of different types of leaders though , some lead by action on the court and those are the vocal ones . But as a leader in terms of play we can never say Love never have up on the team to help them win the game . If Rubio felt this way why didn't he step up he's viewed as a leader as well from draft stand point and hype . It's easy to point the blame and talk where it looks like one of your teammates is on his way out the door .

I mean at the end of the day, its pretty clear that Rubio is butthurt. Even if Love isn't a great vocal leader, it doesn't mean that he isn't one of the top talents in the league. But Love threatening to leave the team if he doesn't get traded cant sit well with teammates, I sorta expect this kind of knee jerk reaction.

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2014, 02:35 PM

Maybe because Rubio is trash

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:35 PM
:laugh: Rubio.

Might be a Bosh situation when he was here in Toronto though. Statwise, he was the leader, but he thought that the stats were why he was the "leader". When he was here, it was likely Jack or Calderon who where the vocal leaders of the team... with that **** Colangelolo scapegoating team issues on Bosh.

Anyways, perhaps Love has to learn how to be a leader. But it is quite funny hearing Rubio say it (Although, his argument is fairly unrelated to stats)

why would he even need to ? not every player has to be a leader. Love can just go to a team that already has a leader. All he needs to focus on is being a great pf.

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Maybe because Rubio is trash

How Rubio plays has nothing to do with his comments. With your logic - you would have to be a leader to criticize someone else for not being a leader. That doesn't make any sense at all.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Imagine if the pelicans traded for him ?

something like their pick this year + Eric Gordon + Ryan Anderson + Austin rivers for Love and Martin

Holiday
Martin/Morrow
Evans/Farooq Aminu
Love
Davis

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Imagine if the pelicans traded for him ?

something like their pick this year + Eric Gordon + Ryan Anderson + Austin rivers for Love and Martin

Holiday
Martin/Morrow
Evans/Farooq Aminu
Love
Davis

I think this is the issue with trade speculation on PSD. Everyone is worried only about their team. Sure, you can move a few pieces back and forth and it'll probably work for your team but how are you going to close the trade when you don't even think about what the other team looks like after the trade?

Yes - I like the way the Pelicans look after the trade.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:44 PM
How Rubio plays has nothing to do with his comments. With your logic - you would have to be a leader to criticize someone else for not being a leader. That doesn't make any sense at all.

lol it kind of does because he's viewed as one of the stars of the team and he hasn't lived up to everyone expectations . If you're going to call somebody out you better be doing what you need to be . By the comments Rubio has been much of a leader as love vocally and not near of a leader by his actions . If this was Fisher calling out Kobe people wouldn't be looked at badly because Fisher is a leader in the locker room but this is more Jr Smith calling out Melo .

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
lol it kind of does because he's viewed as one of the stars of the team and he hasn't lived up to everyone expectations . If you're going to call somebody out you better be doing what you need to be . By the comments Rubio has been much of a leader as love vocally and not near of a leader by his actions . If this was Fisher calling out Kobe people wouldn't be looked at badly because Fisher is a leader in the locker room but this is more Jr Smith calling out Melo .

Your example works if JR Smith is calling out Melo for production. Production is numbers based. There is something backing up the argument. When it comes to "leadership" - it's not quantifiable. Anyone can call out anyone when it comes to leadership.

Wouldn't (as a non leader) calling someone out for lack of leadership of the "star" be doing what a leader does? Or since you're not a leader you can't start acting like one...

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
I think this is the issue with trade speculation on PSD. Everyone is worried only about their team. Sure, you can move a few pieces back and forth and it'll probably work for your team but how are you going to close the trade when you don't even think about what the other team looks like after the trade?

Im from Toronto, not anywhere clos to New Orleans to be a pelicans fan.

Im just saying, while Love wants to go to some big market teams like the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls etc. there are some other teams that could be a really goo fit as well but are not considered because they are in smaller markets.

don't you think a Love and Davis front court could be great for years to come ? just thinking out of the box, he would fit with any defensive big man. I just think Davis is the best of the youngest ones

LTBaByyy
05-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Why are people trashing Rubio's game because the comment he made?

We all know he can't shoot. Who cares. (He is a good defender and great distributor though)

Every player has flaws. Nobody bashes Harden as a player when his defense is horrible.

He is just stating the obvious, but said it in the wrong way

He is saying Kevin Love leads by example (stats) and not vocally

He's right, he doesn't make his teammates better on the court or off the court

Every elite player has made their teammates better, you don't get 30 and 20 while losing every game

There has to be more to it.

Don't tell me he doesn't have help.

I've seen Dirk play with the same type of talent level and get 50+ wins every year

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Twolves would get a top 10 pick, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, & Austin Rivers.

what did they get when they traded Garnet ? lol not like the Twolves are in the driver seat here. they can always hold out and lose him for nothing.

Ive been hearing rumours about the Lakers, are they going to have a better package to offer? how about the bulls do they have a top 10 pick ? GSW ??

Im just saying the trade idea isn't that far fetched.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Your example works if JR Smith is calling out Melo for production. Production is numbers based. There is something backing up the argument. When it comes to "leadership" - it's not quantifiable. Anyone can call out anyone when it comes to leadership.

Wouldn't (as a non leader) calling someone out for lack of leadership of the "star" be doing what a leader does? Or since you're not a leader you can't start acting like one...

Nooooo it still works because neither Smith or Melo are vocal leaders just like Rubio and Love . Smith has been underachieving this year and so has Rubio . Love and Melo lead by their production action saying you see me out here playing my heart out you should try and play with that same kind of passion ; That's where it compares . Rose isn't a vocal leader but many of the Bulls still view him as a leader because of what he does on the court and none of his teammates call him out on it . He's gotten a lil better but still not a ra ra guy that's Noah and Thibs job .

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Twolves would get a top 10 pick, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, & Austin Rivers.

what did they get when they traded Garnet ? lol not like the Twolves are in the driver seat here. they can always hold out and lose him for nothing.

Ive been hearing rumours about the Lakers, are they going to have a better package to offer? how about the bulls do they have a top 10 pick ? GSW ??

Im just saying the trade idea isn't that far fetched.

The Garnett package was competitive when it was offered. We have since seen what the pieces turned out to be so at this point it looks like crap. In 5 years from now if Anderson and Rivers have already peaked and the top 10 pick is a bust we'd say the same thing about that package.

I agree with you the Wolves need to get something - I don't agree with you that the new package is better than the old, we just don't yet know what that new package would be....

Nooooo it still works because neither Smith or Melo are vocal leaders just like Rubio and Love . Smith has been underachieving this year and so has Rubio . Love and Melo lead by their production action saying you see me out here playing my heart out you should try and play with that same kind of passion ; That's where it compares . Rose isn't a vocal leader but many of the Bulls still view him as a leader because of what he does on the court and none of his teammates call him out on it . He's gotten a lil better but still not a ra ra guy that's Noah and Thibs job .

If a blind poll was taken in the Wolves locker room I would guess more would vote for Rubio being a vocal leader than Love.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 02:57 PM

We all know he can't shoot. Who cares. (He is a good defender and great distributor though)

Every player has flaws. Nobody bashes Harden as a player when his defense is horrible.

Every elite play has made their teammates better, you don't get 30 and 20 while losing every game

I've seen Dirk player with the same type of talent level and get 50+ wins every year

what are you talking about the Mavs have always had a pretty good line up around dirk.

Kevin Martin and Ricky Rubio are not the type of players you need around you to compete in the west. he has very little help. what would dirk to with that twolves team if you replaced love with him ? not much, and it wouldn't be his fault because the rest of the team is lacking in talent and depth.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Every elite play has made their teammates better, you don't get 30 and 20 while losing every game

I've seen Dirk player with the same type of talent level and get 50+ wins every year

Just wanna say Rubio isn't that good of a defender despite him getting steals lol but anyway Love has upped him game and has shown to at least trying to get his teammates involved with his assist going up to 4 1/2 per game . More of the Wolves failures are due to defense , injuries and the west . If this was the East nobody would be crying about Love being Vocal plan and simple . Mostly people have a problem with Rubio because it's the pot calling the kettle black . What has he done to try to be a leader , Especially when some dumb fans seem to think it's Rubios team .

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 03:01 PM
The Garnett package was competitive when it was offered. We have since seen what the pieces turned out to be so at this point it looks like crap. In 5 years from now if Anderson and Rivers have already peaked and the top 10 pick is a bust we'd say the same thing about that package.

I agree with you the Wolves need to get something - I don't agree with you that the new package is better than the old, we just don't yet know what that new package would be..

Fair enough, I just cant picture his desired teams (gsw, bulls, knicks, lakers) putting together a better offer. time will tell.

he will end up where he wants. Im just saying maybe he should consider some teams in better situations. aside from GSW the rest of those teams have huge questions marks surrounding their future.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Wolves would have been so much better keeping Lawson

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Just wanna say Rubio isn't that good of a defender despite him getting steals lol but anyway Love has upped him game and has shown to at least trying to get his teammates involved with his assist going up to 4 1/2 per game . More of the Wolves failures are due to defense , injuries and the west . If this was the East nobody would be crying about Love being Vocal plan and simple . Mostly people have a problem with Rubio because it's the pot calling the kettle black . What has he done to try to be a leader , Especially when some dumb fans seem to think it's Rubios team .

For a team with no vocal leader (with your logic) no discussions can be had about vocal leaders. The Wolves don't have a clear cut vocal leader.... so the team just can't talk about it? Or, what your saying, is if the team doesn't have a vocal leader then only the player putting put he best stats can talk about vocal leaders.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 03:08 PM
If a blind poll was taken in the Wolves locker room I would guess more would vote for Rubio being a vocal leader than Love.

which is ironic because he can hardly communicate fluently in English lol

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:11 PM
For a team with no vocal leader (with your logic) no discussions can be had about vocal leaders. The Wolves don't have a clear cut vocal leader.... so the team just can't talk about it? Or, what your saying, is if the team doesn't have a vocal leader then only the player putting put he best stats can talk about vocal leaders.

Not really because I used Fisher as an example but you prob just looked over that . A leader who doesn't give you wow stats

mngopher35
05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Pelicans don't even own their pick anyways...

LTBaByyy
05-19-2014, 03:21 PM
what are you talking about the Mavs have always had a pretty good line up around dirk.

Kevin Martin and Ricky Rubio are not the type of players you need around you to compete in the west. he has very little help. what would dirk to with that twolves team if you replaced love with him ? not much, and it wouldn't be his fault because the rest of the team is lacking in talent and depth.

Give Duncan, Malone, Dirk in their prime.... Rubio, Pekovic, Martin, Brewer, Pekovic, JJ, Deing and he would still get 50+ wins

Kevin Love is just not a leader

Lakers + Giants
05-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Give Duncan, Malone, Dirk in their prime.... Rubio, Pekovic, Martin, Brewer, Pekovic, JJ, Deing and he would still get 50+ wins

Kevin Love is just not a leader

None of those players would've made the playoffs this year or last in the west with that team with those injuries. And yes, I'm talking about those players being in their prime.

Twolves88
05-19-2014, 03:30 PM
I respect love as a player but not as a person. He has some real attitude issues when it comes to calls not going his way. His reactions during the game are not what you want from the cornerstone franchise player. I find it very frustrating to watch as a fan sometimes. All throughout elementary, high school, even college your taught about sportsmanship. I wish he would be the player to get back on defense and stop his opponent rather then crying to the referees. Sometimes his facial expressions really piss me off. As a basketball player I will be sad to see him go, but as a role model to our team and face of a franchise I can't wait until he leaves. KG always came back and stopped his man after he didn't get a call.

Rubio is correct he should be our VOCAL leader. This doesn't mean he is the best player on the floor. It means that he's the person to take control of player interactions.

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2014, 03:40 PM

Would you take Raymond Feltdown serious If he questioned Melo's leadership?

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 03:46 PM
We're talking something so subjective I'm not concerned who says it. The better way to judge who is or isn't credible to call out leadership skills would be to wait for the fallout from other players. Watch their reactions and you'll have a good judge at where people stand.

LTBaByyy
05-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Pretty sad when a city is more excited to go to a Lynx (same sport, WNBA) game than a T Wolves game when they supposedly have a "superstar" Kevin Love there

He's not a leader and some T Wolves fans are already tired of him

Twolves88
05-19-2014, 04:13 PM

Are you seriously implying that melo is the leader you would want your team to follow?

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM

When you can quantify leadership your argument would then have a shred of validity. Until then, anyone can talk about anyone else's leadership.

LTBaByyy
05-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I just wish stars would stay w/ 1 team like, Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, Wade, Magic, Larry, Isiah, Robinson, etc.

LTBaByyy
05-19-2014, 04:25 PM
He should give them one more chance like Aldridge did w/ Blazers

koreancabbage
05-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't know about KLove's leadership abilities but if someone like Rubio comes out and calls him out on it, it says volumes.

anyways. Love would be the best player to the team he is going to. it doesn't mean he is a good leader. Superstars have the attitude and charisma and the skills. Love just has skills. I wouldn't say he's a superstar just yet but he would be the best player on any team besides like maybe 5 teams in the NBA.

SMH!
05-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Yes

Kushed
05-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Pretty sad when a city is more excited to go to a Lynx (same sport, WNBA) game than a T Wolves game when they supposedly have a "superstar" Kevin Love there

He's not a leader and some T Wolves fans are already tired of him

Wtf are you talking about? Do you live in Minnesota? Do you know anything about Minnesota? The fans of Minnesota are great fans but just like any other franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years it is very hard to remain interested. Get out of here with your garbage.

The Target Center was as loud as any venue in the league back when we were perennial playoff contenders with KG but when you have a front office that ***** the bed all the time how do fans stay interested in watching a below average to horrible product on the court? We could have had a trio of Curry, Love and Paul George if our FO new anything about basketball.

AddiX
05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
I just wish stars would stay w/ 1 team like, Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, Wade, Magic, Larry, Isiah, Robinson, etc.

I actually agree with this, a little movement is ok, or late in a players career is fine. But the way these guys move around these days takes the rivalries out of the game. And quite frankly its terrible for the fans that lose there star.

Vinylman
05-19-2014, 06:44 PM
I mean at the end of the day, its pretty clear that Rubio is butthurt. Even if Love isn't a great vocal leader, it doesn't mean that he isn't one of the top talents in the league. But Love threatening to leave the team if he doesn't get traded cant sit well with teammates, I sorta expect this kind of knee jerk reaction.

how is he threatening... peoples views on this ***** is so distorted...

he signed a contract
he has an opt out in the contract
he is courteous and tells team he plans on exploring FA so they can get value for him

Again... this is a business and Love has certain rights under the CBA... he is merely exercising those rights

FOBolous
05-19-2014, 06:45 PM
that's perfect. cause Dwight LOVES to talk. him and Dwight are like a match made in heaven :p

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 06:46 PM
you gotta feel for T wolves fans. this sucks ***.. I actually had high hopes for this most recent rebuild.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
how is he threatening... peoples views on this ***** is so distorted...

he signed a contract
he has an opt out in the contract
he is courteous and tells team he plans on exploring FA so they can get value for him

Again... this is a business and Love has certain rights under the CBA... he is merely exercising those rights

read the article http://www.balldontstop.com/report-kevin-love-will-leave-t-wolves-in-free-agency/. "Love’s “people” have told the Timberwolves management that he wants to be traded or he will leave via free agency next summer."

he is forcing a trade, and all I was saying is that obviously his teammate is butt hurt coming out with this "vocal leader" statement. kinda obvious :shrug:

Vinylman
05-19-2014, 07:02 PM
read the article http://www.balldontstop.com/report-kevin-love-will-leave-t-wolves-in-free-agency/. "Love’s “people” have told the Timberwolves management that he wants to be traded or he will leave via free agency next summer."

he is forcing a trade, and all I was saying is that obviously his teammate is butt hurt coming out with this "vocal leader" statement. kinda obvious :shrug:

LMFAO... that is not a quote... it is one persons opinion of what happened which isn't how agents talk

Again, KL has rights under the CBA... he is doing the team a favor by telling him that he won't return...

Stunner
05-19-2014, 07:09 PM
I mean it's not like the Love thing hasn't been around for what like two years now ? It was foolish of Minny to take it lightly . It's not like Love is pulling a Lebron he's giving Minny a chance to get some value for him . If they choose not to then it's on them , he at least brought it up before the draft and free agency and not during the season .

smith&wesson
LMFAO... that is not a quote... it is one persons opinion of what happened which isn't how agents talk

Again, KL has rights under the CBA... he is doing the team a favor by telling him that he won't return...

are you saying that Love wanting to be traded is just one persons opinion ? because its not, its a report stating his desire to be traded or he will walk in free agency.

I don't understand what the debate is ? he wants to be traded right ? the point I was making is that Rubio coming out with this statement after learning about Loves desire to be traded is obviously the reason he came out with "vocal leader" statement. try following the thread before making presumptuous posts.

SPURSFAN1
None of those players would've made the playoffs this year or last in the west with that team with those injuries. And yes, I'm talking about those players being in their prime.

I'm pretty sure rookie duncan takes that team to a 50+ win season at least. At most, a second round exit. Not even talking about MVP 2001-2003 duncan. We all know Duncan plays top level defense too. Duncan doesn't shrink in the fourth quarters too.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
I mean it's not like the Love thing hasn't been around for what like two years now ? It was foolish of Minny to take it lightly . It's not like Love is pulling a Lebron he's giving Minny a chance to get some value for him . If they choose not to then it's on them , he at least brought it up before the draft and free agency and not during the season .

Still you gotta feel for the Twolves, it feels like they lose all their superstars and are in forever rebuild mode. Kinda reminds me of my raptors..

Stunner
05-19-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure rookie duncan takes that team to a 50+ win season at least. At most, a second round exit. Not even talking about MVP 2001-2003 duncan. We all know Duncan plays top level defense too. Duncan doesn't shrink in the fourth quarters too.

Rookie Duncan had David Robinson his team played in a weaker west , strong but not as talented as of now . No player can carry that Wolves team with the injuries and coaching .

SPURSFAN1
05-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Rookie Duncan had David Thompson on his team

hahahaha

Vinylman
05-19-2014, 07:19 PM
are you saying that Love wanting to be traded is just one persons opinion ? because its not, its a report stating his desire to be traded or he will walk in free agency.

I don't understand what the debate is ? he wants to be traded right ? the point I was making is that Rubio coming out with this statement after learning about Loves desire to be traded is obviously the reason he came out with "vocal leader" statement. try following the thread before making presumptuous posts.

nevermind dude... obviously this is to complex for you

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:19 PM

Duncan is the greatest pf of all time. Even he would struggle if he had to face himself and the spurs, the clippers, okc, rockets, gsw, of today with the supporting cast Love is playing with.

instead of toni parker he would have Rubio
instead of ginobli he would have martin
instead of bowen or leonard he would have buddinger
instead of learning from Robinson, he would be learning from pekovic.

like seriously the talent level is not comparable.

SPURSFAN1
05-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Duncan is the greatest pf of all time. Even he would struggle if he had to face himself and the spurs, the clippers, okc, rockets, gsw, of today with the supporting cast Love is playing with.

instead of toni parker he would have Rubio
instead of ginobli he would have martin
instead of bowen or leonard he would have buddinger
instead of learning from Robinson, he would be learning from pekovic.

like seriously the talent level is not comparable.

Are we talking about a championship team playing against the early/mid 2000's lakers suns mavs or just winning 50+ wins in a season?

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
nevermind dude... obviously this is to complex for you

who pissed in your cereal man ... you shimmed in on my convo about me saying why I though Rubio was butt hurt.. now your making it about something else. really I don't get it.

I said that Rubio was butt hurt because love was threatening to leave the team. I know you have a problem with the choice of words I used in that sentence.. so here how about this. Rubio is butt hurt because Love is being courteous and letting the twolves know that if they don't trade him he will walk in free agency next year. lol is that better ? to me its the same thing. but really not worth debating over. either way he is forcing a trade, regardless of the words you use to describe the action.

Vinylman
05-19-2014, 07:27 PM
who pissed in your cereal man ... you shimmed in on my convo about me saying why I though Rubio was butt hurt.. now your making it about something else. really I don't get it.

I said that Rubio was butt hurt because love was threatening to leave the team. I know you have a problem with the choice of words I used in that sentence.. so here how about this. Rubio is butt hurt because Love is being courteous and letting the twolves know that if they don't trade him he will walk in free agency next year. lol is that better ? to me its the same thing. but really not worth debating over. either way he is forcing a trade, regardless of the words you use to describe the action.

quit posting ... none of your last 3 posts has anything to do with what i was talking about in my first post...

If you are actually interested in what i posted i suggest you reread my first post ... if not move along

bottom line ... KLOVE is NOT threatening anyone and to think he is is ignorant

AddiX
05-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Rubio needs some long athletic types around him.

This could be an opportunity to land some of those kinds of guys around him. These fire hydrant types like pek and love are wasting what Rubio is actually good at, which is hitting his teammates on the move.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Are we talking about a championship team playing against the early/mid 2000's lakers suns mavs or just winning 50+ wins in a season?

Im saying right now, with the supporting cast that love has vs the compition that love plays against. (which includes Duncan)

I know that Duncan is a better player with out question (over the span of his career). there is no doubt about that. if you replace love with prime Duncan than maybe that team would win 50 games.. but they would still be a first round exit in the west today. the supporting cast just isn't there. unless off course Duncan helps elevate the games of the other players like Rubio, pekovic, martin and they all improve.

What your saying is not far fetched at all. But even with a prime Duncan on that team instead of Love I think the supporting cast still sucks in comparison to some of the super teams in the west.

the spurs with Duncan+ Gino+ Leonard +Parker
the thunder with Durant + Westy + Ibaka
the clippers with Paul + Blake + Crawford + Jordan
the warriors with Curry + Iggy + Lee + Thompson
the rockets with Howard + Harden + Parsons
the blazers with Lillard, Aldridge, Batum,

the twolves with Love, Rubio, & Martin ? just doesn't add up.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:34 PM
quit posting ... none of your last 3 posts has anything to do with what i was talking about in my first post...

If you are actually interested in what i posted i suggest you reread my first post ... if not move along

bottom line ... KLOVE is NOT threatening anyone and to think he is is ignorant

you didn't even read my last post. I don't know what I said that made you so upset, but whatever it was I apologies.

smith&wesson
05-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Rubio needs some long athletic types around him.

This could be an opportunity to land some of those kinds of guys around him. These fire hydrant types like pek and love are wasting what Rubio is actually good at, which is hitting his teammates on the move.

or maybe just surround him with solid shooters like how rondo had pierce and allen.

AddiX
05-19-2014, 07:50 PM
or maybe just surround him with solid shooters like how rondo had pierce and allen.

I'm really tired of people trying to compare Rubio to rondo. Rondo is a top notch player, Rubio is not, end of story.

PraiseJesus
05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Rubio is King now

SluggeR
05-19-2014, 08:26 PM
The best player is not always the rah-rah guy and it sounds like Rubio is saying Love is not the leader of the locker room. Some guys just focus on what they need to do and bring it. Look at Melo, he's been the most talented guy on all his teams but I've never heard anybody say he was the leader of any club he's played on. Why would Rubio go public with these words if he didn't feel it was the truth?

Stunner
05-19-2014, 08:38 PM
The best player is not always the rah-rah guy and it sounds like Rubio is saying Love is not the leader of the locker room. Some guys just focus on what they need to do and bring it. Look at Melo, he's been the most talented guy on all his teams but I've never heard anybody say he was the leader of any club he's played on. Why would Rubio go public with these words if he didn't feel it was the truth?

Because Love is leaving and it's more certain than ever . Nobody ever talks until somebody is walking out the door.

SluggeR
05-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Because Love is leaving and it's more certain than ever . Nobody ever talks until somebody is walking out the door.

Don't mean it's not true. People act like Rubio is trying to tear Love down. If he doesn't have the personality of a leader, ok..everybody can't be captain kirk and there is nothing wrong with being Dr. Spock.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Don't mean it's not true. People act like Rubio is trying to tear Love down. If he doesn't have the personality of a leader, ok..everybody can't be captain kirk and there is nothing wrong with being Dr. Spock.

Nobody said he was wrong it's just people tend to talk when they see things on the rocks . You asked why would Rubio go public if it wasn't true well I answered it lol if Love was staying you wouldn't hear this .

Kaner
05-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm really tired of people trying to compare Rubio to rondo. Rondo is a top notch player, Rubio is not, end of story.

no neither are top notch players, 1 is a solid starter and the other is a slightly below average starter. They also have very similar strengths and weakness's so a comparison between the two is obvious.

Hellcrooner
05-19-2014, 11:49 PM
nba player top 5 in assits and 2nd in steals that has won spanish league and olympic silver and erubasket gold twice and has been a pro for 8 years and one of those " one in a million people that make it to the nba"= cant decide who is or isnt a " leader" or what others call " a franchise player" because he is not " good enough"

all of us fat dudes with glasses sat by the side of a computer with a beer on the side because we were so ****ing bad that didnt even start on our h.s team = can decide and tell who is or isnt a " leader" who is or isnt " a franchise player" and can call " trash" the aforementioned player that would just tear our *** appart if we played one on one against him.

seems legit

:rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
05-19-2014, 11:52 PM
BTw imo what RUbio is saying is

" hey stupid, how bout instead of going for youtr 30 and 15 you actually care to deffend and look for the open man and do just 22 and 12 but the team goes and wins more games? "

Stunner
05-19-2014, 11:54 PM
nba player top 5 in assits and 2nd in steals that has won spanish league and olympic silver and erubasket gold twice and has been a pro for 8 years and one of those " one in a million people that make it to the nba"= cant decide who is or isnt a " leader" or what others call " a franchise player" because he is not " good enough"

all of us fat dudes with glasses sat by the side of a computer with a beer on the side because we were so ****ing bad that didnt even start on our h.s team = can decide and tell who is or isnt a " leader" who is or isnt " a franchise player" and can call " trash" the aforementioned player that would just tear our *** appart if we played one on one against him.

seems legit

:rolleyes:

Lol we're suppose to be impressed ? With all of that he's still a liability offensively and part of the reasons why the Wolves haven't taken the next step , they're a lot of PG's people would take ahead of Rubio I don't even think the guy is prob top 10 as a pg and that's sad considering those wonderful assist stats and steals .

Stunner
05-19-2014, 11:57 PM
BTw imo what RUbio is saying is

" hey stupid, how bout instead of going for youtr 30 and 15 you actually care to deffend and look for the open man and do just 22 and 12 but the team goes and wins more games? "

He averaged 4.4 assist per game , him and Noah are the only two players this past season to average a double double with 4 or more assist . And if he's stat padding he's doing it at an extremely efficient rate which is crazy good especially with him playing with a team that's underperformed and he's the number 1 option talking the majority of the shots .

shep33
05-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Pekovic should be their leader. I'd listen to whatever words he'd try to pronounce just because he'd scare the **** out of me

Red_Pill
05-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Rubio is right, though. Love is a horrible leader. He is a giant baby.

The Wolves have no true leader, which is why we suck.

Red_Pill
05-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Pekovic should be their leader. I'd listen to whatever words he'd try to pronounce just because he'd scare the **** out of me

Haha, Pek is a big softie.

Max.This
05-20-2014, 12:21 AM
There aren't many natural leaders on a team. Some of them aren't even the first primary options. So kevin love isn't a vocal leader, but putting up 20 and 10 with 4 assists speaks volumes. Derek fisher is on a vet min contract, but he is considered a leader in OKC. Maybe love isn't that type of player just like melo isn't, but theres no shame in that. If Rubio wanted to become a leader maybe he should start making some of those jump shots. Heck even rondo has improved through his career

mngopher35
05-20-2014, 12:25 AM

Probably the best post in this thread haha.

TheNumber37
05-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Kevin Love is less not a leader. I think it's been understood, but never acknowledged.
Kobe would Lead in LA. Rondo would lead in Boston. Dragic would lead in Phoenix. Howard and Harden would lead in Houston.

Vinylman
05-20-2014, 10:10 AM
I am shocked :rolleyes: crooner is defending Rubio

Now is Rubio's chance to "LEAD"

It will be fun to watch him shrink in the moment