PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Melo, Love or Rondo

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2014, 07:25 PM
With Melo perhaps on the move, Love apparently on the block, and Rondo's future uncertain if Boston doesn't land somebody this offseason, the Rockets will likely be trying to add at least one of these players, but is it possible that the Rockets could land all three via trades?

They have some great pieces to offer:
Chandler Parson
Patrick Beverly
Omer Asik
Terrance Jones

They also have some decent chips to throw in in any deal:

Jeremy Lin (will be an expiring contract next year)
Aaron Brooks (good to throw in with Lin for a team that needs a point guard)
Jordan Hamilton (for somebody who needs a 3-point shooter)
Donatas Motiejunas (strong rebound an over .500 from inside the arc: just don't let him shoot threes)
Omer Cassipi (for anybody who needs a 3-point shooter)

And they have a couple of oddities that didn't get many minutes like Troy Daniels that might be an interesting prospect to throw in.

Coupled with this, the Rockets could throw in a first rounder for THIS draft, the 2017 draft and the 2019 draft (one for each of the three players) and can add second round picks as well is they like.

I think they certainly have enough pieces to get two of those guys... and if the two they get are Melo and Love and they don't give up everyboody outside of Harden and Dwight to get them, they may force Boston's hand. Or, if they get Rondo and Love, they may be able to force a sign-and-trade with NY.

Who do you think, of the three, is most likely to end up in Houston, and could Houston get more than just one of these guys?

poleandreel
05-18-2014, 07:35 PM
With Melo perhaps on the move, Love apparently on the block, and Rondo's future uncertain if Boston doesn't land somebody this offseason, the Rockets will likely be trying to add at least one of these players, but is it possible that the Rockets could land all three via trades?

Chandler Parson
Patrick Beverly
Omer Asik
Terrance Jones

Donatas Motiejunas (strong rebound an over .500 from inside the arc: just don't let him shoot threes)

And they have a couple of oddities that didn't get many minutes like Troy Daniels that might be an interesting prospect to throw in.

Coupled with this, the Rockets could throw in a first rounder for THIS draft, the 2017 draft and the 2019 draft (one for each of the three players) and can add second round picks as well is they like.

I think they certainly have enough pieces to get two of those guys... and if the two they get are Melo and Love and they don't give up everyboody outside of Harden and Dwight to get them, they may force Boston's hand. Or, if they get Rondo and Love, they may be able to force a sign-and-trade with NY.

Who do you think, of the three, is most likely to end up in Houston, and could Houston get more than just one of these guys?

All of the bolded are worth nothing. Minni will not do any deal with them

Nikeman
05-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Purely speculating as I do not know Kevin Love's game, but whenever I see highlights of him, he's making long range shots/3s. If you pair up Kevin Love (floor spacer), with Howard and Harden, that team will go FAR.

I'd offer the Wolves, Asik and Parsons for Love/Brewer deal.

Love gives Harden and Howard a floor spacing big, and Brewer gives the Rockets defense at SF.

Minnesota will not get more value either than Parsons/Asik.

Add some quality bench pieces, and another athletic wing, and that Rockets team with Harden/Love 25ish and Howard 28-29ish have a solid 3-4 year window.

Jamiecballer
05-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Go for the best player, Love

mdm692
05-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Both Rondo and Love.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Dwight

rockets-fan
05-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Dwight

Done. We have him already were taking about LOVE RONDO or MELO.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Done. We have him already were taking about LOVE RONDO or MELO.

Trade Dwight and Lin for Love and Barrea. Move Asik back to the starting lineup. Problem solved.

Bev
Harden
Parsons
Love
Asik

ThaDubs
05-18-2014, 08:01 PM
None

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 08:03 PM
None

Bu- bu- bu- Morey and his analytical keyboard omgz!!

Kyben36
05-18-2014, 08:23 PM
i cant see it hapening, i have heard rumors that the rest of the nba hates the Rockets front office, they demand way to much for in trade, demanding first for players like Asik, who barely plays for them and has demanded out, i have heard execs hate the fact that they think they bought a championship. so trading Omer and Lyn is highly unlikely to me, and landing a star is out of the question. sorry guys.

RLundi
05-18-2014, 08:24 PM
All three is preposterous and has no chance of happening.

2 of 3 is virtually impossible.

Even 1 of the 3 is unlikely, though I wouldn't put it past Morey.

Bottom line, I'd be pretty surprised if the Rockets had any dramatic changes to their starting 5 opening night.

cmellofan15
05-18-2014, 08:26 PM
I'd say let anyone go outside of Harden and Howard for Love. Great piece for Houston, they need the offense and he is a matchup nightmare.

IndyRealist
05-18-2014, 08:28 PM
All of the bolded are worth nothing. Minni will not do any deal with them

Hamilton and Motiejunas have value, just not to Minnesota. Neither is an all-star but Motiejunas is a skilled 7fter and probably a starter. Hamilton is still young and finding his way, but he's cheap and just needs to find a niche. Now, I'm a big fan of Omri Casspi. I think he's a very underrated backup.

Asik's better
05-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I'd say let anyone go outside of Harden and Howard for Love. Great piece for Houston, they need the offense and he is a matchup nightmare.
Morey will throw everything at love. He has always had an eye on him

houstonfan
05-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Hamilton and Motiejunas have value, just not to Minnesota. Neither is an all-star but Motiejunas is a skilled 7fter and probably a starter. Hamilton is still young and finding his way, but he's cheap and just needs to find a niche. Now, I'm a big fan of Omri Casspi. I think he's a very underrated backup.

Motiejunas has potential but is definitely not a starter. And Im sorry, as a Rockets fan who watched almost every game this year, Casspi is atrocious. He is so frustrating to watch

houstonfan
05-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Clearly, if you can get Love and keep Harden and Dwight, you do it. I would take Carmelo also but Love has to be the first option. I kind of hope someone like Chicago gets Love. Eastern conference needs better teams.

DoMeFavors
05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Rondo and Melo are not good fits for the Rockets.
Dwight needs space the floor offense and teams will just pack the paint.
Melo and Harden are both scorers I dont see how they work together.

Love is best option because he spaces the floor for Dwight, and who is going to get a offensive board against Dwight and Love? They would out rebound their opponent every night. Dwight can operate and Love can camp at 3 point line. Love wouldnt command as much attention as he does in Minneosta because he is playing with Dwight and Harden. Love is by far the best option.

BklynKnicks3
05-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Melo on the move =lol

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Rox should put all of their eggs in the Rondo basket.

Htownballa1622
05-18-2014, 09:26 PM

Love is best option because he spaces the floor for Dwight, and who is going to get a offensive board against Dwight and Love? They would out rebound their opponent every night. Dwight can operate and Love can camp at 3 point line. Love wouldnt command as much attention as he does in Minneosta because he is playing with Dwight and Harden. Love is by far the best option.

Whoa.

I agree with you!

Also op...we traded Aaron Brooks FOR Jordan Hamilton.

I think Hamilton is a free agent too.

kingsdelez24
05-18-2014, 10:12 PM

Chandler Parson
Patrick Beverly
Omer Asik
Terrance Jones

Brooks plays in Denver

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Trade Dwight and Lin for Love and Barrea. Move Asik back to the starting lineup. Problem solved.

Bev
Harden
Parsons
Love
Asik

Jesus

Jets012
05-18-2014, 10:18 PM

Wow this is by far the best post you've ever had.

Easily Love. Love/Dwight is just straight awesomeness. They are two incredibly talented players and compliment each other perfectly.

Neither Rondo or Melo help this team all that much. Melo just adds another offensive guy that needs his touches and with Harden there, it wouldn't make sense. Rondo is a ball dominated point guard. The Rockets don't need him dominating the ball when they have Harden there who the offense runs through.

Love would be perfect. He'd probably won't score 27 a night, but he'd still be the #2 option if not the 2A/2B type option and get his 20/13 no problem.

cssdmark
05-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Houston does not need big time scoring, they need defense, they should go after Deng.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Houston does not need big time scoring, they need defense, they should go after Deng.

Tell Morey that smh he looks at Miami and thinks that's the key to win but what separates those three players and the ones he's trying to assemble is that the Mia players are two way players . Morey trying to gather all these one way players on his team . Dwight with the d and harden and love with the offensive . You do have to play defense in this league ; that could prob get you to the finals From the east maybe but in the west yea you will need the perfect balance . I can see Howard now crying about the other 3 players on the court allowing their man to blow by pass them ..... 4 if Bev is moved . Lol

FOBolous
05-18-2014, 10:48 PM
a Love/Dwight frontcourt woud be epic :drool:

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:59 PM
a Love/Dwight frontcourt woud be epic :drool:

I'd rather have Rondo!

ldawg
05-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Houston don't have any picks so I don't see them getting Love if Harden or Howard is in the deal. Miny have a center already so I don't see them having that interest in Asik and Lin. Parson wont get it done either. A trade has to be both ways. If Miny don't see a trade they like they just let him walk they don't got to trade him. In the new CBA cap space is better than taking back junk. I more see him ending up in Boston or Chicago if traded and Lakers if not as a free agent.

ldawg
05-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Deng is actually a good fit for Houston. I am sure Cave would do a sign and trade with them. But you got to like the Idea of Twin towers 2.0. If Harden is what it would take I pull the trigger and replace him with Lance

Greg.
05-18-2014, 11:23 PM
So we should just kick Parsons to the curb to start Deng? We just got worse in that scenario

FOBolous
05-18-2014, 11:25 PM
I'd rather have Rondo!

nah man. that Love/Dwight frontcourt.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Jesus

You mean Morey

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:37 PM
You mean Morey

No Because Morey wouldn't trade Howard for Love he's wants his precious , 3 star team . I still believe the 3 star team thing works if two or all three of your stars are two way players . 3 one way players with other one way players in the lineup is just not the way to go with that roster .

cmellofan15
05-19-2014, 12:03 AM
No Because Morey wouldn't trade Howard for Love he's wants his precious , 3 star team . I still believe the 3 star team thing works if two or all three of your stars are two way players . 3 one way players with other one way players in the lineup is just not the way to go with that roster .

well there's also the fact that it would be a really bad trade for Morey.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:09 AM
well there's also the fact that it would be a really bad trade for Morey.

Not really his Roster would leave less holes and be more complete . Love next to any defensive stout center is a match made in heaven . People forget how good Asik was for them before Howard got there .

cmellofan15
05-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Not really his Roster would leave less holes and be more complete . Love next to any defensive stout center is a match made in heaven . People forget how good Asik was for them before Howard got there .

well he was good, he still is good. but you don't just trade away arguably the best center in the league for an expiring contract.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:36 AM
well he was good, he still is good. but you don't just trade away arguably the best center in the league for an expiring contract.

It's not an expiring contract , it's Kevin Love the best PF in the game . Also any deal going down is with Love agreeing to re up . A combo of Harden / Love / Parsons / Asik is just a little better than Harden / Love / Howard just IMO in a logical stand point not big name stand point .

cmellofan15
05-19-2014, 12:49 AM
It's not an expiring contract , it's Kevin Love the best PF in the game . Also any deal going down is with Love agreeing to re up . A combo of Harden / Love / Parsons / Asik is just a little better than Harden / Love / Howard just IMO in a logical stand point not big name stand point .

well there is no guarantee he will re up, (see D12 to LA) and even if he does it's still not a smart trade. I don't care about big names, I care about production.

The Rockets are more efficient on offense and defense with Howard on the floor. Now if we're talking specifically they're defense around the rim and their eFG% is a LOT better with Dwight on the floor. very close in rebounding, but that wouldn't matter much if you're getting a rebounder like Love. (link) (http://www.82games.com/1314/1314HOU2.HTM)

And again, Asik is good, but Howard is GREAT. you don't give up that kind of rim protection when you're getting back a guy who's pretty bad on defense. this team would take a significant drop in defense, and that's not good when you've got liabilities like Love and Harden. Defense wins championships, that's the logic I'm going off of.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:59 AM
well there is no guarantee he will re up, (see D12 to LA) and even if he does it's still not a smart trade. I don't care about big names, I care about production.

The Rockets are more efficient on offense and defense with Howard on the floor. Now if we're talking specifically they're defense around the rim and their eFG% is a LOT better with Dwight on the floor. very close in rebounding, but that wouldn't matter much if you're getting a rebounder like Love. (link) (http://www.82games.com/1314/1314HOU2.HTM)

And again, Asik is good, but Howard is GREAT. you don't give up that kind of rim protection when you're getting back a guy who's pretty bad on defense. this team would take a significant drop in defense, and that's not good when you've got liabilities like Love and Harden. Defense wins championships, that's the logic I'm going off of.

Ummmmm that same liability will be there rather you have Howard or Asik though lol The difference is Parsons who is one of their better defenders so those stats will drop even more defensively for the Rockets because that's one more man Howard how's to account for and be worn out . The difference between Love and Howard is that the lakers took a risk and got cocky ; Hou wouldn't trade for love without him opting in for the next season or just flat out giving him a new deal this off season . If love says he wants Hou and then they can work something out , Howard never wanted LA he wanted BK .

shep33
05-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Rondo would be the worst fit on Houston

cmellofan15
05-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Ummmmm that same liability will be there rather you have Howard or Asik though lol The difference is Parsons who is one of their better defenders so those stats will drop even more defensively for the Rockets because that's one more man Howard how's to account for and be worn out . The difference between Love and Howard is that the lakers took a risk and got cocky ; Hou wouldn't trade for love without him opting in for the next season or just flat out giving him a new deal this off season . If love says he wants Hou and then they can work something out , Howard never wanted LA he wanted BK .

haha well I was trying to get at the point that they won't be as big of liabilities with a rim protector like Dwight. and Parsons isn't really that good defensively. Good rotation guy but allows the SF's he plays against to shoot him to shoot a 56% efg while he shoots 54%. Good, but should easy to replace defensively. Not very versatile either because his opponent stats against SG's are pretty bad.

But to my point, I get where you're coming from about Love resigning, but I still wouldn't give up Dwight Howard regardless. This guy dominates the rim and would compliment Love much better than Asik.

rockets-fan
05-19-2014, 01:44 AM
Melo- to houston seems unrealistic to me, doesn't solve any holes we have...I don't like the idea of melo playing the 4 holding LMA, Love, Griffin, etc on defense.

Rondo- ew, bad fit. Can't shoot and the three...sad to say Beverly is better at shooting than him. And I just don't think it happens.

Love-perfect fit to the championship puzzle. Plain and simple IMO. Will not happen tho, I don't see anyone pulling him from minny, he will just walk to LA next year.

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Jones
Howard

We will have the same exact starting 5 next year I'm 99% sure about it.

All I want is some veteran bench depth, and a defensive wing on the bench and I think they go far in the playoffs. Disappointing first year together, but not horrible, the west was just completely stacked this year.

c.c.
05-19-2014, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't mind the Rockets gutting their team for Kevin Love. I'd hate for Parsons to go but it would best for the team. Move everybody except for Howard and Harden, see if we can keep Beverly. Rondo is a similar player to Beverly and Melo is Melo.

I Rock Shaqs
05-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Motiejunas has potential but is definitely not a starter. And Im sorry, as a Rockets fan who watched almost every game this year, Casspi is atrocious. He is so frustrating to watch

Yeah Casspi is one of the worst players in the NBA, he think he's good at everything.

slashsnake
05-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Melo- to houston seems unrealistic to me, doesn't solve any holes we have...I don't like the idea of melo playing the 4 holding LMA, Love, Griffin, etc on defense.

Rondo- ew, bad fit. Can't shoot and the three...sad to say Beverly is better at shooting than him. And I just don't think it happens.

Love-perfect fit to the championship puzzle. Plain and simple IMO. Will not happen tho, I don't see anyone pulling him from minny, he will just walk to LA next year.

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Jones
Howard

We will have the same exact starting 5 next year I'm 99% sure about it.

All I want is some veteran bench depth, and a defensive wing on the bench and I think they go far in the playoffs. Disappointing first year together, but not horrible, the west was just completely stacked this year.

I like that assesment. Rondo I think could fit 3/4 of the time. I love his penetration, passing skills and D, but so much of what Houston does relies on the d crashing and hitting the outside shot. Doubling Dwight or collapsing around Harden, Rondo allows the opponents to do that. Kind of like Andre Miller. Love him as a player, and think half the time he would be perfect on a team like the Heat or Houston, but the other half his lack of a shot really hurts.

Love is nice. Huge rebounding edge, can catch and shoot and post, kind of gives you a twin towers, but their games are so different I think that could mesh really well. Unlikely, but would be fun to see.

cssdmark
05-19-2014, 09:56 AM
So we should just kick Parsons to the curb to start Deng? We just got worse in that scenario
No I do not think so. Deng can get to the rim when needed, he can shoot the three when needed and more important he can play defense. Your problem against Portland was not that you could not score your problem is you could not stop them from scoring. You guys have a solid team with a nice bench, I believe you guys are a player away and that is a defensive player away and remember Deng can score he is just not a Melo or Love in that dept.

cssdmark
05-19-2014, 10:01 AM
If Houston picked up a Rondo and Love/Melo and trade Harden now we are talking. Harden needs the ball in his hands to be effective so getting a Rondo and a Love/Melo would eliminate the need for Harden.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2014, 10:32 AM
It's a real shame that for fans instead of making him a part of their big 3, Chandler Parson's growth as a borderline all-star player simply turned him into the best trade piece they have for Love/Melo/etc.

rockets-fan
05-19-2014, 12:56 PM
It's a real shame that for fans instead of making him a part of their big 3, Chandler Parson's growth as a borderline all-star player simply turned him into the best trade piece they have for Love/Melo/etc.

I don't think any rockets fan wants to trade parsons, and I think he is only traded for Love. I for kne think the deal won't get done because morey won't part with Patsons I just don't see it. Harden, Howard and Parsons are untouchable IMO, but I can't blame morey if he did trade parsons for love

torocan
05-19-2014, 01:19 PM
If Houston picked up a Rondo and Love/Melo and trade Harden now we are talking. Harden needs the ball in his hands to be effective so getting a Rondo and a Love/Melo would eliminate the need for Harden.

This.

If you can lock down Rondo or Lowry, I'd trade Harden for Love or Melo in a flash. Though personally I think Love+Rondo would be a bit better fit than Love+Melo. Melo's great, but his ball stopping tendencies tend to bog down up tempo offenses (Houston's specialty).

sep11ie
05-19-2014, 01:33 PM
So we can trade players not on our roster now? And Monty is a good rebounder?

MTar786
05-20-2014, 02:04 AM
as hard as it would be to let parsons go, they need to try and do it.

parsons, asik and jones for love and brewer.
and if somehow they can make a lin/martin swap happen. then they would be in really good territory. martin would be a great 6th man for them. having dwight, harden and martin on the same team basically means guaranteed in the bonus with like 4+ mins remaining every quarter

L8kers4life
05-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Dude, be careful what you wish for, Dwight would hate the fact that Kevin Love would out rebound him and out score him every night while also getting beat by his man all game. Dwight would be crying within in a week.

L8kers4life
05-20-2014, 02:36 AM
Wow what are you people thinking, a backup center, basically a back up power forward on any other team in the NBA and a small forward who can't play any defense. For the best power forward in the game and one of the best scoring 2 guards In the league. If you think the timberwolves would take that your crazy.

rockets-fan
05-20-2014, 02:45 AM
Wow what are you people thinking, a backup center, basically a back up power forward on any other team in the NBA and a small forward who can't play any defense. For the best power forward in the game and one of the best scoring 2 guards In the league. If you think the timberwolves would take that your crazy.

Parsons? No defense? You post is irrelevant now.

He isn't great but he can play defense.

TheNumber37
05-20-2014, 02:45 AM
Melo is the most expensive. Rondo is not going to be traded for a bunch of assets and picks, so that leaves Love who will Walk for Nothing.

L8kers4life
05-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Best thing you can do is trade Asik and lin and your pick for Rondo, sign Deng, keep parsons. Then you have a starting pg with championship experience who can defend the best pgs In The game, distribute the ball to howard and harden because we all see harden struggles with these duties come playoff time. Sign Mo williams with the MLE, you will have room if you trade asik and lin. And Sign JordAn Hill to back up Dwight for Vet minimum.

You then have a starting 5 of
Rondo
Harden
Parsons
jones
Dwight

and a bench of

Mo Williams
Daniels
Deng
Jordan hill

That line up has everything, scoring, defense experience and shooting. Problem solved.

Kaner
05-20-2014, 02:54 AM
I doubt Morey would do Parsons for Rondo straight up, I know I wouldn't but if they could get him for Asik, Beverley and picks that would be a solid offer I think.

BKLYNpigeon
05-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Minnesota would not want Asik, they already have Pekovic to a long term deal.

L8kers4life
05-20-2014, 03:14 AM
Sure Parsons can play some defense, but he is respectable, not great, Deng is a great defender. And keeping parsons and signing Deng would give the Rockets and advantage at small forward almost every night except against Lebron.

PraiseJesus
05-20-2014, 03:20 AM
rockets are garbage because Dwight is a lazy, laughing, passive aggressive oaf

rockets-fan
05-20-2014, 03:55 AM

Lol

AIRMAR72
05-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Purely speculating as I do not know Kevin Love's game, but whenever I see highlights of him, he's making long range shots/3s. If you pair up Kevin Love (floor spacer), with Howard and Harden, that team will go FAR.

Love gives Harden and Howard a floor spacing big, and Brewer gives the Rockets defense at SF.

Add some quality bench pieces, and another athletic wing, and that Rockets team with Harden/Love 25ish and Howard 28-29ish have a solid 3-4 year window.I agree and if management can get Rando the Rockets WILL win multiple championship with Harden, Rando,love and Howard

c.c.
05-20-2014, 09:00 AM
I agree and if management can get Rando the Rockets WILL win multiple championship with Harden, Rando,love and Howard

No way we getting both Love and Rondo. I rather just get Love and keep Beverly (whom game is very similar to Rondo)

boboo73
05-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Love and Melo are not going to happen.

Rondo makes the most sense because he can actually defend. Why do you think the Rockets need more offense when their defense is atrocious? Melo and Harden on the floor together is probably the worst 2-3 defensive tandem in the league.
Love is also a garbage defender. Rondo is the clear choice plus why wouldnt you want a guy who can dish to Harden and Parsons?

c.c.
05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Minnesota would not want Asik, they already have Pekovic to a long term deal.

Asik would be part of the deal but sent to another team who needs a center then the timberwolves would receive a player/pick from that team. I'm quite sure it would be multiple teams involved.

boboo73
05-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Asik would be part of the deal but sent to another team who needs a center then the timberwolves would receive a player/pick from that team. I'm quite sure it would be multiple teams involved.

Exactly. And the Knicks have Chandler. I hope the Rockets eat these weighted contracts on Lin and Asik.

torocan
05-20-2014, 09:41 AM
No way we getting both Love and Rondo. I rather just get Love and keep Beverly (whom game is very similar to Rondo)

The only way the Rockets get Love AND Rondo is if they ship out Harden. It would have to be something like Harden for Love 1:1.

Doubtful it would happen, but I personally believe a line up of Dwight+Love+Rondo would be better than Dwight+Harden+Rondo/Love.

Just seems like a better fit over all, and much easier to fill in the missing pieces.

dnl123
05-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Add some quality bench pieces, and another athletic wing, and that Rockets team with Harden/Love 25ish and Howard 28-29ish have a solid 3-4 year window.

No offense man, that trade is terrible!. Do you realize that Kevin Love is a top 5 player in the NBA and is 26 years old? Add two first round picks to that and take off Brewer and you're a lot closer.

todu82
05-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Love and Rondo is who I'd target if I was the Rockets.

FOBolous
05-20-2014, 12:56 PM

still not done crying of Dwight Howard eh? oh that right...you never wanted Dwight to stay and always wanted him to leave...that's why you're so bitter about him leaving :rolleyes:

FOBolous
05-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Sure Parsons can play some defense, but he is respectable, not great, Deng is a great defender. And keeping parsons and signing Deng would give the Rockets and advantage at small forward almost every night except against Lebron.

tbh, as a Rockets fan, i prefer Deng over Parsons.

Sly Guy
05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
love, without a doubt.

FOBolous
05-20-2014, 01:00 PM
No offense man, that trade is terrible!. Do you realize that Kevin Love is a top 5 player in the NBA and is 26 years old? Add two first round picks to that and take off Brewer and you're a lot closer.

you do realize that no team EVER gets "fair value" for a star? ever. especially after the star has made it known that they will test free agency? best case scenario for MIN is accept the best available bad trade.

flea
05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Parsons for Love is a lateral move at best. You get a worse defender, a worse spot-up shooter, and one of the slower players in the league to boot. This is all for a team that is based around getting in transition at the rim and shooting 3s.

Then you get a worse ballhandler while losing your 3rd best ballhandler. What do you gain? Rebounding, which you don't need, and nifty post play - which has no place on a team with Dwight Howard. So basically you'd take away Love's best 2 assets because they don't mesh with Dwight - and you lose all the things that Parsons gave the team that made it a playoff team in the West.

Sure go ahead.

KnicksLover
05-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Rockets didn't have a problem scoring. They had a problem defending. Glad to know that Morey has his priorities straight.

L8kers4life
05-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Parsons for Love is a lateral move at best. You get a worse defender, a worse spot-up shooter, and one of the slower players in the league to boot. This is all for a team that is based around getting in transition at the rim and shooting 3s.

Then you get a worse ballhandler while losing your 3rd best ballhandler. What do you gain? Rebounding, which you don't need, and nifty post play - which has no place on a team with Dwight Howard. So basically you'd take away Love's best 2 assets because they don't mesh with Dwight - and you lose all the things that Parsons gave the team that made it a playoff team in the West.

Sure go ahead.

This is the best post I have ever read of yours, you make some fantastic points in this post. Good job. I agree 100%

JesusNYY_Savior
05-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Rondo is a ball hog and would kill hardens game. Melo can score without the ball just hasn't had the ability to, reference the olympics. He and love have the exact same game, but love is the better rebounder ans melo is the best scorer. I would rather have Love cause he is younger but Melo certainly shouldn't be dismissed he would be a stud in Houston.

JEDean89
05-20-2014, 02:36 PM
rondo may control the ball but he is way better at it then harden. if harden could learn to play off ball next to rondo the Rockets would be out of control good.

cmellofan15
05-20-2014, 03:06 PM

Sure go ahead.

you are simply laying out general characteristics (some of which aren't true), and downplaying Love tremendously. In no world would I ever compare Kevin Love and Chandler Parsons. Kevin Love is one of the best offensive players and defensive rebounders in the league. He has a sky high Offensive Rating, paired with some of the best percentages across the board for such a high volume scorer (TS 59% on 18 shots a game). Add on to that the fact that he is a big body who pulls down 12 boards a game with the third best def rebound percentage in the league. And I'm not sure who's been spreading the rumor that Parson's is some great defender but he's not much better than Love. And that doesn't even matter considering how greatly Love out performs his opponent to how mediocre Parsons is compared to his opponent (Love puts up 10 more points than PF's and 20 more than C's, Parsons puts up 2.6 points over SF's and -10.4 on SG's). Basically defense isn't much of a factor when Love's overall output is leagues better than Parsons'.

And how do you figure any of Love's assets will be taken away? Love is a great defensive rebounder. He will still have plenty of opportunities to rebound depending on who he's guarding. And even if his numbers do drop, that won't affect them. When DeAndre Jordan began rebounding better and Blake's numbers went down, their rebound percentages actually went up. and his nifty post moves? Love is a floor spacer, a PERFECT compliment for a defensive anchor. if anything Dwight's offense will benefit greatly from Love demanding doubles and drawing PF's out of the post.

Love is the best PF in the league, there is no way the Rockets don't improve from that trade (which is a longshot anyways). Parsons can be easily replaced when you add a guy like Love.

Stunner
05-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Parsons prob wouldn't stay in Minny honestly it's basically just Jones and the 25th for Love . Minny just getting a rental for Paraons

Sinattle
05-20-2014, 03:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lb958l9

Houston we no longer have a problem

Stunner
05-20-2014, 03:43 PM

Rockets make out like bandits but Harden would demand a trade lmao

alexander_37
05-20-2014, 03:44 PM

Lmao never ever ever ever happening.

eternal slumber
05-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Atlanta have shown interest for Asik. maybe add a first rounder, second rounder and cash to Atlanta from Houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kvxphv6

rockets-fan
05-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Atlanta have shown interest for Asik. maybe add a first rounder, second rounder and cash to Atlanta from Houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kvxphv6

If that is with Love signing the extension, I'd take it. Sucks to let Parsons go, really would hurt but love is love...

Tony_Starks
05-20-2014, 06:49 PM
None of them make sense. They all need the ball and Harden and D12 already demand it. Rondo could be the best fit out of those candidates but his jumper is way broke and wouldn't benefit the Rox...

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2014, 11:11 AM
rondo may control the ball but he is way better at it then harden. if harden could learn to play off ball next to rondo the Rockets would be out of control good.

+1

I love Harden's game, but his assist-to-turnover ratio is not where it should be for a primary ballhandler.

Rondo would make more assists with less turnovers, and ANYBODY who thinks Rondo is a ball hog, hasn't seen the guy play. He LOVES passing the ball.

Kaner
05-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Lmao never ever ever ever happening.

Who do you think says no? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for either team but Rockets are the team that probably improve afterwards.

D-Leethal
05-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Chris Bosh is the guy Houston should be after. He fits better than Love IMO.

rockets-fan
05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Chris Bosh is the guy Houston should be after. He fits better than Love IMO.

He would never leave the heat IMO, and we tried him once and he gave us the cold shoulder lol doubt we do it again but who knows

Verbal Christ
05-21-2014, 10:49 PM
What about a situation where Harden was an outgoing piece, yet you were able to land 2 of the 3 aforementioned players? Would you still do it?

I wonder what Kyle Korver is commanding in a trade also.

Rondo
Love
Howard
Troy Daniels
(small forward)

FlashBolt
05-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Love.. Front court of Howard/Love? Love spreads the floor better than any PF and that gives room for Howard to completely dominate. The idea of those two being on the same team is just.. It will be tough for any front court to beat them.

BoSox47
05-23-2014, 10:58 AM
delete

Stinkyoutsider
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM
I would target Melo first. With Harden's struggles during the postseason, it would help to have a guy like Melo who can continue to draw defenders and allow Harden to get some easier baskets. Getting Melo could also put Harden back in the playmaker role which he was very good at for OKC. I like Melo's mental toughness and think Harden could play well off Melo in big games.

Love would be next in line if I couldn't get Melo. We all know that Love isn't a top class defender but he can do much more than be a stretch 4. I've been a Love critic for a long time (still don't believe he can consistently create his own shot) but he'll open up the offense with his shooting and help Howard on the boards. Plus, Love is a great passer at his position so both Howard and Harden could benefit from a guy like Love.

Even though Rondo would be the last of the 3, I think he could be a huge impact player for the Rockets. Harden can completely focus on scoring and Rondo can run the team. I think Rondo would open up the offense with his slashing ability and can help the Rockets on the boards and in transition. If McHale gave the responsibility of running the team to Rondo and the rest of the team follows with it, Rondo in Houston could work.

TheQueensKid
05-24-2014, 05:18 PM
None they need a perimeter defender.