PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love confirmed he will leave TWolves in free agency, wants to play for Lakers!

Pages : [1] 2

Jasper6
05-18-2014, 05:38 AM
Don't know if he is a true "superstar" like the author says but it's guaranteed he's gone from Minny. Lakers NEED him, he'll go there.

http://www.balldontstop.com/report-kevin-love-will-leave-t-wolves-in-free-agency/

sammyvine
05-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Don't know if he is a true "superstar" like the author says but it's guaranteed he's gone from Minny. Lakers NEED him, he'll go there.

http://www.balldontstop.com/report-kevin-love-will-leave-t-wolves-in-free-agency/

makes you really respect kevin garnett now

he never bolted at the first chance he got and he actually got the wolves to the playoffs

love is a pretender imo. No way is he a superstar

jimm120
05-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Kevin Love’s people reiterated to the Timberwolves this past week that they had better trade him or else he’ll leave via free agency when his contract is up after next season. With Love looking to exit, there’s your No. 1 reason the T-wolves have not been able to find a head coach to take over for Rick Adelman. Love wants to play for the Lakers but he’s also open to coming to the Knicks.

PurpleLynch
05-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Kupchak needs to hire a very good coach,if Love will ever be a Laker... I don't want another Howard situation.

kblo247
05-18-2014, 07:33 AM
I don't want Love without melo and would not give up a top1-6 pick for the no defense playing, stat stuffing, non leading, can't crack 500 loser. He has not proven to be worth the max hell not even proven to help a team win. **** that unless the lotto pi k is 7-9 and Nash is attached because Love ain't good enough to be Batman or Robin, unless we are talking Tim Drake.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Undisclosed sources? Whatever. Can't listen to this ****.

First: Players often do that to increase offers in contract negotiations.
Second: Players often do this in encourage the front office to bring in more talent.
Third: Players do this to get a trade they want, which is FAR better than what LBJ did to Cleveland, which was wait until free agency hit and then watch him leave and get nothing in return.

If I was a Minny fan AND this were true (which we don't know that it is), I would at least appreciate the fact that he is giving the team a heads up going into the season so they can work a trade and get something back in return. Just saying.

Can't help it if a guy doesn't like playing there. The ownership cheaped out on his last deal, the front office has failed to put a winning team around him, and they are going into next season without a coach yet. All of that is frustrating for an Olympic player who has yet to see a playoff game.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2014, 08:14 AM
I don't want Love without melo and would not give up a top1-6 pick for the no defense playing, stat stuffing, non leading, can't crack 500 loser. He has not proven to be worth the max hell not even proven to help a team win. **** that unless the lotto pi k is 7-9 and Nash is attached because Love ain't good enough to be Batman or Robin, unless we are talking Tim Drake.

The reason he can't crack .500 is because he's astretch 4 who takes a lot of threes and long range jumpers. That is his game, like a SF or a SG. There are lots of SF and SG who have worse FG%'s and people think they are great.

His shots close to the basket are over .500

king4day
05-18-2014, 08:19 AM
A deal with Lal starts with their lotto pick. If it's top three I'm sure minny does it in a heartbeat. If it's 6 or higher, they'll need to add a lot more. Otherwise, I'm sure the wolves can get more from a team wanting him as a rental.

Knicks don't have enough so they'll have to hope he'd sign in free agency

Crackadalic
05-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Kevin love is a advance stat head wet dream but can't even crack the playoffs with a team number wise is a top 10 team

Love needs those go to moves or he has to settle for second bananna and not a team to build around

Melo and love is redundant so LA is the obvious choice but is he going to win in LA? Depends if Kobe is at least healthy and how good the rest of the roster is

Odominator
05-18-2014, 08:58 AM
No team will give a bounty of assets for a rental without love agreeing to extend. If this is true, lakers and Knicks are in the driver seat for this one buddy

JPS
05-18-2014, 09:23 AM
A deal with Lal starts with their lotto pick. If it's top three I'm sure minny does it in a heartbeat. If it's 6 or higher, they'll need to add a lot more. Otherwise, I'm sure the wolves can get more from a team wanting him as a rental.

Why would LA do this??? I am not a Lakers fan at all, but I would take the pick this year and wait for Love to be a FA and sign him. I would never give up this years pick.

Odominator
05-18-2014, 09:32 AM

Why would LA do this??? I am not a Lakers fan at all, but I would take the pick this year and wait for Love to be a FA and sign him. I would never give up this years pick.

Exactly. Although I heard that Mitch would consider trading their first rounder..... Which would be stupid but not surprising

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 09:51 AM
No we don't already have a thread on this.

lvlheaded
05-18-2014, 09:54 AM
If I'm the Lakers I just wait till FA. Use the lotto pick to get a player to start building with

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Kevin love is a advance stat head wet dream but can't even crack the playoffs with a team number wise is a top 10 team

Love needs those go to moves or he has to settle for second bananna and not a team to build around

Melo and love is redundant so LA is the obvious choice but is he going to win in LA? Depends if Kobe is at least healthy and how good the rest of the roster is

Love has never been on a good team Rubio overhyped pek no defense Martin lol no bench need I say more? Kobe can't play anymore, Kobe love isn't winning anything.

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Do you blame him? Get the man some help, get him a shot blocking C get him a pg that can play,
Get him a real #2 then jump him.

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 10:04 AM
The reason he can't crack .500 is because he's astretch 4 who takes a lot of threes and long range jumpers. That is his game, like a SF or a SG. There are lots of SF and SG who have worse FG%'s and people think they are great.

His shots close to the basket are over .500

He's very good around the rim.

With that said, I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but, I will say this. He can't lead a team by himself. He's really not THAT good. Makes me really appreciate what prime KG did for us.

ATX
05-18-2014, 10:07 AM
So let me get this straight…The Lakers are pretty abysmal, have little talent on that team, have an aged Kobe Bryant, and are looking to rebuild. Kevin Love wants to play for their franchise, and seemingly all the above Laker fans don't want him on the Lakers and are already hating all over the player. …Makes sense! Love would be better off going to New York, at least he'd be more appreciated.

BALLER R
05-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Lakers gonna get him for cheap. Minny has no leverage here.

Dade County
05-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Hopefully K love goes to a team that will put them over the top...

Maybe... Golden state, Houston (Howard & Love), baby bulls (Love, Melo, Rose), Spurs, Pacers (west gone), Portland.

BCpatsox18
05-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Boston and Phoenix have the most assets to offer, LA only has their lotto pick and the knicks just don't have anything

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Kevin Love's defense is atrocious I just dont see a championship team ever being built around him. I would love to see him make the playoffs first because I dont even think his style translates well to the postseason.

L8kers4life
05-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Man your a troll, know one is saying that don't want love, lakers do not want to trade for him before his contract expires, Dwight just did that to us and we were left with nothing, love becomes a free agent this next summer sign him then, this year we take our pick, one of the best drafts ever, we are taking the pick. Knicks are not trading for l ok 've they have nothing to give.

Cal827
05-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Hopefully K love goes to a team that will put them over the top...

Maybe... Golden state, Houston (Howard & Love), baby bulls (Love, Melo, Rose), Spurs, Pacers (west gone), Portland.

I agree with all of the non-bolded teams. As each of them have defensive centers or systems which Love would thrive in (Kinda like Dirk with Dallas a few years back with Chandler, Marion, etc)

Not sure about Portland since they have Aldridge... might not be enough ball for both of them lol

I don't know why exactly Minnesota would be willing to take Gasol or Nash if they are dealing him out. They likely would go into full rebuild; grabbing Gasol in the deal (with the Lakers pick, as well as their own), increases the chance that they would be a lower lottery seed, where they probably want to be in the top 10.

I think to get the Star (HE'S NOT A SUPERSTAR), it'll require multiple first round picks from LA, cause they literally have nothing that Minnesota would be interested in on the Roster, just a bunch of Role Players and large contracts around Kobe. I something like the Brooklyn for KG/PP deal (like 2 or 3 unprotected first rounders and the rights to swap first rounders in between those years).

At Least New York has some younger players who they could interest Minnesota with, but their issue is, they have no first rounders for a while. They owe Denver still for the Carmelo trade, and they owe Toronto for the Bargnani trade.

Dade County
05-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Man your a troll, know one is saying that don't want love, lakers do not want to trade for him before his contract expires, Dwight just did that to us and we were left with nothing, love becomes a free agent this next summer sign him then, this year we take our pick, one of the best drafts ever, we are taking the pick. Knicks are not trading for l ok 've they have nothing to give.

The Lakers traded nothing for Howard... Absolutely nothing!!! lmao

I agree with all of the non-bolded teams. As each of them have defensive centers or systems which Love would thrive in (Kinda like Dirk with Dallas a few years back with Chandler, Marion, etc)

Not sure about Portland since they have Aldridge... might not be enough ball for both of them lol

I know what you mean, but I actually think the good out ways the con's here. It will be a match up problem for all teams facing them. You have to let teams confirm to your style of play, not the other way around. Aldridge & Love would be insane off of the pick & pop and stretch plays for Lillard.

But yeah, a true big can pound them in the middle; but wait... What true bigs?

todu82
05-18-2014, 11:32 AM
No surprise really. Guy's a good player and all but needs to be a #2 or #3 option on a contending team to live up to his full potential.

SiteWolf
05-18-2014, 11:38 AM
I can't believe NONE of this conversation has to do with what, to me, is the elephant in the room.
This kinda **** is another big reason why the NBA keeps losing true fans.
Firstly, Kevin may not be THE guy to build around, but he is most definitely A guy to build around. And if top FAs continue to negotiate themselves only to big market teams, why even HAVE the others?
He's gotten to the point his value is as high as it is with Minny paying him millions...and he repays them with increasingly louder chants of 'I want out' for years. Nice loyalty.

While I live in Twolves territory, the Blazers have been my team because I lived in Oregon when I became an NBA fan. That said, I just laugh at those holding Garnett up as a model. He did the same damn thing...the ONLY difference being he had just enough around him (and the West wasn't as stacked) to get to the playoffs a few times.

mdm692
05-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Bledsoe-Dragic-Green-Love-Plumlee

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Kevin Love likes Warriors, Bulls
Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | May 18, 2014

Jesse Johnson/USA TODAY Sports
Kevin Love has one year remaining on his contract with the Timberwolves, and the Lakers will be among many suitors should he decide to leave Minnesota.
Kevin Love has made it clear to the Timberwolves that he intends to become an unrestricted free agent after next season and has no interest in a contract extension this summer to stay in Minnesota, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Although sources say Love has stopped short of demanding a trade, his position could effectively force the Timberwolves to deal the All-Star forward before next season -- or before the trade deadline in February 2015 at the latest -- if they hope to dodge the risk of losing him without compensation.

Jesse Johnson/USA TODAY Sports
Kevin Love has told the Timberwolves that he is not interested in a long-term deal to stay in Minnesota, according to sources.
Sources told ESPN.com that the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are among the potential trade destinations that intrigue Love.

The Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks have likewise been mentioned all season as big-market landing spots that would tempt Love, but going to the best situation for immediate contention is said to be the power forward's priority.

Sources say that the Phoenix Suns, armed with several draft assets to offer Minnesota, also have strong interest in trading for Love, but the 25-year-old's interest in joining the Suns is unclear.

Any team that trades for Love before he hits the open market in 2015 would naturally need assurances that they can keep him before surrendering quality assets.

The Timberwolves, at the behest of owner Glen Taylor, have rebuffed all trade interest in Love for months, clinging to hope that they can still sell him on committing for the long term and relying at least partly on the belief that he would be unwilling to walk away from the extra year -- worth roughly $30 million -- in his next deal that he can only get from Minnesota if he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

But sources say Love has stressed to the Timberwolves that he's desperate to get to a winning situation and that the constant losing has worn on him. Minnesota has yet to reach the playoffs in Love's six pro seasons and endured a particularly disappointing 2013-14 season, missing out on a top-eight spot in the West thanks in part to a number of close-game defeats.

The uncertainty surrounding Love's future, sources say, has complicated Minnesota's search for a new coach.

ESPN.com reported last month that the Wolves would pursue three of the most high-profile names in the college game to replace the retiring Rick Adelman -- Michigan State's Tom Izzo, Florida's Billy Donovan and Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg -- but quickly discovered they have little chance to lure any coach already under contract in a good situation without clarity regarding Love.

Sources told ESPN.com this week that veteran coach Scott Skiles is among the candidates Wolves president Flip Saunders has interviewed in his search for Adelman's successor.

Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday that Saunders has also interviewed former Wolves forward Sam Mitchell, while the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported in Sunday's editions that he has likewise interviewed former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins.

Sources say the possibility remains that Saunders will move downstairs to coach the Wolves himself for a second time, but his focus to date has been trying to find a coach and plot roster moves that would entice Love to stay in the Twin Cities.

Sources say that the Warriors, in particular, have emerged as a top contender for Love should Minnesota relent and decide to trade him. The Warriors don't have a stash of draft picks to offer the Wolves like Phoenix or the Boston Celtics could offer, but Golden State could assemble a trade package featuring the likes of forwards Harrison Barnes and David Lee.

ESPN.com reported in March that rumblings about the Lakers using their forthcoming high lottery pick to try to tempt the Wolves into trading Love were already in circulation.

The lottery to determine the order for the June 26 draft is Tuesday.

ESPN.com also reported in March that Taylor has remained determined to keep resisting all trade offers for his franchise player until, as one source put it, he "has no choice."

Teams around the league are increasingly expected to test that resolve once the lottery order is established.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10949807&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

jimm120
05-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Kupchak needs to hire a very good coach,if Love will ever be a Laker... I don't want another Howard situation.

The thing is that HOward never wanted LA.

Its just like this situation...Love is saying he wants to go to "x" teams and he'll only re-sign with those teams (in howard's situation, it was Brooklyn and somebody else..forgot who). He got traded to the Lakers instead.

This would be the situation for Love:

Give up talent to trade for Love and he'll re-sign in NY or LA
or
Give up talent to trade for Love and have him as a 1 year rental or hope to convince him to stay.

In this situation, LA is already one of the teams, so they don't have to do anything too extraordinary.

effen5
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10949807&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

**** melo give me love

DRose01
05-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Rose/anyone/Melo/Love/Noah

But I think the Lakers would be the top choice though, but if the Lakers don't give up their lotto pick then there is no deal to be made with them.

DitchDat
05-18-2014, 12:53 PM
The Melo Drama all over again. He is basically holding Minny hostage.

kingsdelez24
05-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Remember when LaMarcus Aldridge requested a trade last year too?

I'd give the tomberwolves until the end of December to prove they're a playoff team. If not, then he gets traded

tredigs
05-18-2014, 01:04 PM
The Melo Drama all over again. He is basically holding Minny hostage.

In what sense is he holding them hostage? He's doing them a favor by letting them know outright he won't sign exercise his player option and won't sign with them. Now it's on them to orchestrate the deal.

All new information has indicated he wants to play for the Warriors or Bulls btw. Not the Lakers or Knicks. Knowing our management and his apparent confirmation of interest in signing in the Bay, I'm thinking he's a Warrior 2 months from now.

benzni
05-18-2014, 01:06 PM
go to the suns! That team is going to grow and compete

SiteWolf
05-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Remember when LaMarcus Aldridge requested a trade last year too?

I'd give the tomberwolves until the end of December to prove they're a playoff team. If not, then he gets traded

LaMarcus never ever requested a trade. The media extrapolated that along with possible trades simply because he expressed frustration over a losing streak. At no time did he blackmail the Blazers like Love is now apparently doing.

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 01:11 PM
For a second assume the only teams in the mix are the Warriors and the Bulls. Which offer would Minny prefer:

GSW's consisting of David Lee (due $30.5M over two years), Harrison Barnes (due $6.9M over two years before he hits RFA), and the 23rd pick in this year's draft

CHI's consisting of Carlos Boozer (expiring, $16.8M), Jimmy Butler (expiring, $2M before he hits RFA), rights to Nikola Mirotic (questions about him coming over for a smaller market like Rubio, but a top-5 talent in this year's draft), and the 16th/19th picks in this year's draft

SiteWolf
05-18-2014, 01:14 PM
In what sense is he holding them hostage? He's doing them a favor by letting them know outright he won't sign exercise his player option and won't sign with them. Now it's on them to orchestrate the deal.

All new information has indicated he wants to play for the Warriors or Bulls btw. Not the Lakers or Knicks. Knowing our management and his apparent confirmation of interest in signing in the Bay, I'm thinking he's a Warrior 2 months from now.

Kevin has been inferring this for years and it's part of the reason they've not been able to build a better team around him. If you were a top FA and the primary player on the team you're looking at says he might be leaving, you sign elsewhere.

And giving them notice yet inferring only certain landing spots are acceptable does hold them hostage because it limits what they can get in a trade to what that small group of teams is willing to offer...not the whole league.

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 01:14 PM
LaMarcus never ever requested a trade. The media extrapolated that along with possible trades simply because he expressed frustration over a losing streak. At no time did he blackmail the Blazers like Love is now apparently doing.

I will never understand people thinking that players blackmail teams when they inform them of not wanting to stay. Love isn't sitting out games here man. Blackmail is such an incorrect term to use. If you hate your job, is it not polite to tell your boss that you want to test the market for another position with a different company?

Love telling MIN that he plans to resign next summer, only to then bolt to a different team when he never gave an indication is far closer to blackmailing a team than this. C'mon now.

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Kevin has been inferring this for years and it's part of the reason they've not been able to build a better team around him. If you were a top FA and the primary player on the team you're looking at says he might be leaving, you sign elsewhere.

And giving them notice yet inferring only certain landing spots are acceptable does hold them hostage because it limits what they can get in a trade to what that small group of teams is willing to offer...not the whole league.

that's not holding them hostage. You aren't forced to play for a certain team - if you have a preference (like California where he's from for example), then you are far more inclined to go to that team. It's not Love's fault that he wouldn't accept a trade to say Charlotte or Atlanta. It sucks for the T'Wolves and management, but Love isn't holding them hostage.

As fans we always want guys to make winning a priority. But then, when they try and make that happen by leaving an inferior team to join a contending team, we complain about it. It's messed up.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-18-2014, 01:23 PM

Not true: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10949807/kevin-love-tells-minnesota-timberwolves-sign-extension-likes-chicago-bulls-golden-state-warriors

The Lakers and Knicks are mentioned. With that said, I agree with you that he's likely to end up a Warrior given that a) they're competitive right now and probably offer him the best chance to win b) they have very aggressive management (unlike the Bulls) c) their owner isn't a moron (unlike the Knicks). Given his apparent interest in the Warriors, I imagine that their management is already trying to work out a deal and money is clearly not an issue with them (as it might be with the Bulls, whose owners seem to be more cheap).

PatsSoxKnicks
05-18-2014, 01:24 PM
For a second assume the only teams in the mix are the Warriors and the Bulls. Which offer would Minny prefer:

GSW's consisting of David Lee (due $30.5M over two years), Harrison Barnes (due $6.9M over two years before he hits RFA), and the 23rd pick in this year's draft

CHI's consisting of Carlos Boozer (expiring, $16.8M), Jimmy Butler (expiring, $2M before he hits RFA), rights to Nikola Mirotic (questions about him coming over for a smaller market like Rubio, but a top-5 talent in this year's draft), and the 16th/19th picks in this year's draft

No doubt the Bulls offer is better but Golden State's management is also much more likely to jump on this right away whereas the Bulls always seem to be passive.

SiteWolf
05-18-2014, 01:24 PM
that's not holding them hostage. You aren't forced to play for a certain team - if you have a preference (like California where he's from for example), then you are far more inclined to go to that team. It's not Love's fault that he wouldn't accept a trade to say Charlotte or Atlanta. It sucks for the T'Wolves and management, but Love isn't holding them hostage.

As fans we always want guys to make winning a priority. But then, when they try and make that happen by leaving an inferior team to join a contending team, we complain about it. It's messed up.

Firstly, he's from Portland, not California.
Please explain how the Lakers, as currently constructed, would be superior to the Twolves post-trade.

You can throw whatever semantics you want out there, but players have to understand that a lack of loyalty to the team that drafts them degrades the league as a whole because it degrades fan attention. You can disagree with that all you want, but if you're a fan of a small market team, it gets very difficult to get excited when situations like this make it impossible to build a championship caliber team.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
No doubt the Bulls offer is better but Golden State's management is also much more likely to jump on this right away whereas the Bulls always seem to be passive.

Bulls aren't passive idk where this notion comes from .

still1ballin
05-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Sucks to be a wolves fan. Seems they will never win

still1ballin
05-18-2014, 01:35 PM

Please explain how the Lakers, as currently constructed, would be superior to the Twolves post-trade.

You can throw whatever semantics you want out there, but players have to understand that a lack of loyalty to the team that drafts them degrades the league as a whole because it degrades fan attention. You can disagree with that all you want, but if you're a fan of a small market team, it gets very difficult to get excited when situations like this make it impossible to build a championship caliber team.

Portland? Lol
He was born in California

effen5
05-18-2014, 01:40 PM
He was born in Santa Monica grew up in Portland and played ball in cali

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Portland? Lol
He was born in California

I was born in Kansas, but I didn't grow up there....

He grew up in Portland. But, none of that matters anyways. If he truly is interested in only going to a winner, the Lakers and Knicks are out.

KnicksorBust
05-18-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't know why people give Love such a hard-time for not making the playoffs. A player like him just needs the right team to be built around him. If you want win with Kevin Love you need a pass first PG who can average 8-9 apg, A big man who can work the post and give about 17-8, a good floor spacer SG who can pitch in in the high teens/hit almost 40% of his 3's and an athletic wing player who can finish in transition for his great outlet passing... wait what? he had all those things? And they still finished under .500? But he's a superstar!! Do you even KNOW his true shooting percentage?!? Check his analytics!! He was 3rd in PER!!!! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!!!!

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Love and Curry together...:drool:

Would give him the defensive center he needs and another star to pair up with.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lo3xdym - Would be ideal for us if we were to trade him to GS. At least we'd get something.

MagicBucsSox
The Minnesota Timberwolves are under pressure to begin consider trade scenarios for Kevin Love, according to sources.

Love is anxious to exercise his Early Termination Option in the summer of 2015 to leave as a free agent.

"For the first time, [Flip Saunders] sounds like looking at deals for [Love] is an option," one rival executive told Yahoo Sports.

The Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns are among the teams determined to make a serious run at Love in trade discussions.

The Celtics and Lakers will make high-lottery picks in the 2014 NBA Draft available in their offers for Love.

No team, however, is likely to trade for Love without an assurance that he'll commit to a five-year, $100 million max contract.

There has been a belief that Love would seek a big market such as Los Angeles or New York, but he's open to deals in markets in which he can be part of an immediate contender.

But Saunders wants to convince Love to reconsider before looking at trades.

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that the Warriors and Chicago Bulls are the destinations that are most appealing to Love.

lmaoo no one cares about LAL no more. Chicago has crap to offer but if I'm GSW you can have anything but Steph. Klay n Barnes should do. But you gotta take Bogut

Shammyguy3

As an outsider, the Bulls seem passive but I guarantee that given the full context of the situations in the past regarding stars, they aren't anymore passive than any team in the league.

He was born in Santa Monica :laugh2:
And you just brought up FAs not wanting to come to MIN - they would go to the Lakers. A mediocre but healthy Kobe Bryant is better than anything that Love has played with. He'll be in his hometown, be in a nicer climate (if that even matters to players, idk) and once Nash comes off the books they'll have more money to spend. The next year Kobe comes off the books.

The Lakers aren't in a better win-now situation than MIN, but they are in a better "win in 3 years" situation. And I don't even think Love is going to the Lakers, but you thinking he's blackmailing a team is ********.

And there are countless small market teams that have built contenders - MIN's management has simply ****ed everything up the past 5 years outside of acquiring Love on draft night. The fit on that team is awful, they passed on countless point guards (such as Stephen Curry and Ty Lawson) for Ricky Rubio. And so forth.

abe_froman
05-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Bulls aren't passive idk where this notion comes from .

from not getting the big get very often.its not just from outside, but from within our own fanbase that the tag of passivity comes from.(is it fair? who knows) .being a big market and rarely landing top stars(like the others),gives the perception that there is something with the f.o.

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know why people give Love such a hard-time for not making the playoffs. A player like him just needs the right team to be built around him. If you want win with Kevin Love you need a pass first PG who can average 8-9 apg, A big man who can work the post and give about 17-8, a good floor spacer SG who can pitch in in the high teens/hit almost 40% of his 3's and an athletic wing player who can finish in transition for his great outlet passing... wait what? he had all those things? And they still finished under .500? But he's a superstar!! Do you even KNOW his true shooting percentage?!? Check his analytics!! He was 3rd in PER!!!! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!!!!

1. Rubio sucks in Adelmans system. Wasn't really allowed to play as freely as he should have been, and as a result, he suffered for it.

2. Martin is extremely streaky. He'd be great for a stretch of games and others he'd disappear. Hated him on the Thunder because of this.

3. Brewer can't do anything but get steals and transition baskets. He sucks in a half-court setting.

4. Pek is a solid center, but he's not a defensive center, which is what you need to pair Love with.

You can't win if your defense is mediocre and you lack a quality bench. Our starters did the best they could, but our bench often screwed up.

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 01:54 PM
I think the T'Wolves should try and acquire Deron Williams from the Nets for Rubio/Budinger/Barea (that should work financially) and then trade Pekovic/Dieng for Al Horford. That dramatic roster change is what it will take to keep Love. And that roster would be pretty damn great too: Williams/Martin/Brewer/Love/Horford

Slim Tubby
05-18-2014, 02:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lo3xdym - Would be ideal for us if we were to trade him to GS. At least we'd get something.

As a Wolves fan, I pull the trigger on this trade and don't look back.

SiteWolf
05-18-2014, 02:03 PM
He was born in Santa Monica :laugh2:

He was a freaking 1 yr old when his family moved to Portland...where he lived until he went against Dad's request he play college ball in Eugene and went to UCLA.

....but it doesn't matter anyway

TheNumber37
05-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Melo AND Love.... Pass.

We don't defenders like that to cover EVERYONE...

Melo is also best at the 4... and Honestly, I would take Melo over Love, because Melo gets his teams to the playoffs (1 exception) and you can actually give him the ball anywhere to score... even bringing it up.

Bruno
05-18-2014, 02:10 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?817841-The-Official-Lakers-Trade-Ideas-Thread&p=28505956#post28505956

me and a couple of friends came up with this idea the other night. I've posted it a few places, some Laker fans hate it, some love it. some non laker fans like it, some hate it. :shrug:

Ezio
05-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Melo AND Love.... Pass.

Melo is also best at the 4... and Honestly, I would take Melo over Love, because Melo gets his teams to the playoffs (1 exception) and you can actually give him the ball anywhere to score... even bringing it up.

You want a guy about to leave his prime over a guy who's about to enter his?

mngopher35
05-18-2014, 02:12 PM
As a Wolves fan, I pull the trigger on this trade and don't look back.

Agreed. I am not so sure they give up klay but if so it is an easy yes from me. Hopefully we get enough bidders to drive his value up to this point.

shep33
05-18-2014, 02:12 PM
To win now, I mean Houston seems like a good fit. Nothing great to give up though. Probably Parsons + fillers.

He's probably not interested, but if OKC gets ousted, perhaps they can do a deal for Ibaka? Gstate would be good, but it'll be interesting because they just won't have anyone who can score inside. Curry, Love, and Iggy? Not too sure that's good enough out West. A lot would depend on their role players and bench.

You'd have to think that they'd give up Klay + Barnes

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 02:17 PM
To win now, I mean Houston seems like a good fit. Nothing great to give up though. Probably Parsons + fillers.

He's probably not interested, but if OKC gets ousted, perhaps they can do a deal for Ibaka? Gstate would be good, but it'll be interesting because they just won't have anyone who can score inside. Curry, Love, and Iggy? Not too sure that's good enough out West. A lot would depend on their role players and bench.

You'd have to think that they'd give up Klay + Barnes

They already took the Clips to 7 games with their depleted lineup. And they actually should have won that series. You add Love to the mix, GS is a legit contender.

If they trade Lee, Klay, and Barnes, they receive Love and Martin in return. Love is a star, obviously, and Martin can chip in 16-20 a game. He easily can replace Klay.

KnicksorBust
05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
1. Rubio sucks in Adelmans system. Wasn't really allowed to play as freely as he should have been, and as a result, he suffered for it.

2. Martin is extremely streaky. He'd be great for a stretch of games and others he'd disappear. Hated him on the Thunder because of this.

3. Brewer can't do anything but get steals and transition baskets. He sucks in a half-court setting.

4. Pek is a solid center, but he's not a defensive center, which is what you need to pair Love with.

You can't win if you're defense is mediocre and you lack a quality bench. Our starters did the best they could, but our bench often screwed up.

Kobe made the playoffs with a much worse roster.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?817841-The-Official-Lakers-Trade-Ideas-Thread&p=28505956#post28505956

me and a couple of friends came up with this idea the other night. I've posted it a few places, some Laker fans hate it, some love it. some non laker fans like it, some hate it. :shrug:

Lakers make out like bandits. Also like it for Memphis. Hate it for Minny. They can do better.

Melo AND Love.... Pass.

Melo and Love in the triangle would make the Knicks a top 5 offense again and they'd be a 50 win team. I just don't see how we have the pieces to work out a trade. I see the Knicks as a long shot.

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Kobe made the playoffs with a much worse roster.

Kevin Love isn't prime Kobe.

PraiseJesus
05-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Lakers would be dumb to trade for a guy thats going to be a free agent

slashsnake
05-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Well that team is horrible when he is on the bench.

They were -137 in the 30% the time when he was on the bench. That would for example work out to -457 over a season. Basically Orlando/Lakers range this year when he sits.

They were +356 when he was playing, aka a +508 over a full season, or Oklahoma City type plus minus while he plays.

Minnesota was a night and day team with him and without him. Zero depth.

lol, please
05-18-2014, 02:42 PM
It would be awesome if he did end up with the Dubs, but Lee is underrated and we can win a championship with him, to me it's more important to strengthen the bench and find reliability at C, giving up to much for Love might not make us better at all in immediacy, but it would depend on the actual trade details. I think with our current roster and with Kerr and the triangle offense, we are contenders as is and will only get better, we will see what happens. I think if Love doesn't become a Warrior, he goes to the Lakers or Bulls, more the Lakers than Bulls, though I don't see it getting the Lakers to the playoffs even if they get him.

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 02:42 PM
ESPN reporting that Warriors and Bulls are at the top of Love's wish list

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Didn't Love trash the Lakers organization a couple of months ago?

If OKC doesn't win a championship by FA in 2015, I could see them making a major play for Love.

cmellofan15
05-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Lakers would be dumb to trade for a guy thats going to be a free agent

Well it's not something unheard of for LA.

I'd say LA should stay away from Love and keep their rebuild going. giving up a valuable pick for a player in their contract year could hurt their future big time.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Honestly if I'm Love I'll try to go to the east as fast as I can . Not being a Homer but yea Love is an upgrade over Lee but I think their biggest issues is Center and the bench more than PF ; that's why I feel if Dwight had pick them they would be in the WCF right now IMO . Curry / Klay/ Iggy / Lee / Howard I mean seriously that's dirty . I can see why people would love the Warriors over Bulls based off Lee alone and possibly Barnes or Klay ; but Bulls package isn't that bad if you really look at it just a lil worse but they get more future help and cap maybe . Bulls could amnesty Booz and then use taj / Mirotic ( would have went top 5 in the 2014 draft / number 1 in 2013 ) / Butler / Bulls 16th , 19th and possibly the Cavs and Sac 1st rounders too Minny for Love . The main hold up in that deal is if Mirotic would want to come to Minny but I think that's where Rubio and Pek come in handy because he has ties to them and would feel more comfortable . Him and Love play very similar ; not the same rebounder but had better defensive potential than Love . But who knows what will happen on draft night , I think it's Minny best interest to trade him before the season than mid season so they could at least start rebuilding better by getting picks in this draft and selecting their own players rather trading him where you prob don't get as good of a deal later because he's leaving half the season anyway .

BenFrank
05-18-2014, 02:55 PM
He'll end up in Houston.. I'm sure Morey has already sent out signals that he would be interested in a trade

Asik, Lin, Parsons, Beverly' 1st Rd pick to Minny

Love, Rubio, Brewer to Houston

Sota get to re-buld with a extra draft pick, and exp cap space after the following year, plus a talent to build around in Parsons

Houston gets it's big three, with Howard, Love, Harden, I see Rubio as the Spanish version of Rondo.. With Brewer @ the 3&D.. and Cannon would be in his second year, who's developing into a consistent 3 poiont shooter

Line Ups

Wolves

Asik
Pek
Parsons
Martin
Lin/Beverly

Rockets

Howard
Love
Brewer
Harden
Rubio

Teeboy1487
05-18-2014, 03:00 PM

I'd say LA should stay away from Love and keep their rebuild going. giving up a valuable pick for a player in their contract year could hurt their future big time.
I hope the Lakers aren't stupid enough to trade their lottery pick for Love when he can easily be had next summer. If not, so be it.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Rubio is a horrible fit in Hou , he falls in that Rondo discussion ; He can't shoot and bad offensively . I think Hou will go after Williams before Love , he hasn't even been linked to them ever . Hou would have a better chance going after the much cheaper option in Anderson who actually played next to Howard and won't demand the ball as much .

Kushed
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
First off, there is so much misinformation in articles out there.

Love never demanded a trade. He never even said he is 100% leaving. He intends to "test" the market like every superstar wants to do.

I expect that we will end up trading him for a gargantuan of a haul but there is still the possibility of keeping Love in Minnesota by adding some pieces this offseason and making a deep playoff run. Very unlikely I know but still possible with the addition of anther superstar via trade to keep Love in Minny

bgdreton
05-18-2014, 03:31 PM

As a warrior fan id poop on this trade and say HELL NO...

bgdreton
05-18-2014, 03:32 PM
First off, there is so much misinformation in articles out there.

Love never demanded a trade. He never even said he is 100% leaving. He intends to "test" the market like every superstar wants to do.

I expect that we will end up trading him for a gargantuan of a haul but there is still the possibility of keeping Love in Minnesota by adding some pieces this offseason and making a deep playoff run. Very unlikely I know but still possible with the addition of anther superstar via trade to keep Love in Minny

Probably highly unlikely but I love the hope you still have...

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 03:35 PM
As a warrior fan id poop on this trade and say HELL NO...

Why? that's dumb. Curry - Martin - Iguodala - Love - Bogut is fantastic with exceptional floor spacing, a distinct order of options offensively, perimeter and interior defense, along with multiple ball-handlers and + passers at 4 positions.

Cal827
05-18-2014, 03:38 PM
If OKC doesn't win it this year:

Ibaka, Jackson or Lamb, and one or two unprotected firsts for Love (maybe Rubio depending on who of the two the Wolves Wants)

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Why? that's dumb. Curry - Martin - Iguodala - Love - Bogut is fantastic with exceptional floor spacing, a distinct order of options offensively, perimeter and interior defense, along with multiple ball-handlers and + passers at 4 positions.

I guess because it's weakness their already weak bench and Bogut can't be counted on not to mention Martin defense is awful and he's up their in years .

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:42 PM
If OKC doesn't win it this year:

Ibaka, Jackson or Lamb, and one or two unprotected firsts for Love (maybe Rubio depending on who of the two the Wolves Wants)

Ibaka / Jackson and those two 1st rounders for Love seems fair

IversonIsKrazy
05-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Interesting, I guess theres some competitive teams that may work w/him:
OKC, Rockets, Warriors, Suns, Pacers, Bulls.
OKC - Get someone who can score other than KD/Westy. I'd imagine all they can offer would be Ibaka/Jackson or something. Their defense would take a hit tho w/Ibaka.
Rockets - Honestly, it may work considering they have Dwight. But they already struggle to share the ball, can't imagine that situation getting better w/Love. I'd imagine a deal w/ Parsons/Lin + pick
Warriors - Would legit become the most deadly 3pt shooting team ever. I'd imagine a package like Barnes/Lee + pick.
Suns - UpandComing young team, would be pretty exiting. I'd imagine the package would be surrounding a bunch of picks they have.
Pacers - Could be good, they need offense. Something surrounding West and a pick? not sure about this one.
Bulls - Could be a great fit. Something surrounding either Boozer or Gibson along with a pick and maybe Snell?

tredigs
05-18-2014, 03:43 PM
They won't trade the Wolves Klay in any deal. Barnes + Lee and the late 1st for Love/Barea is really what I expect to be floated out there.

Kevj77
05-18-2014, 03:45 PM
The Melo Drama all over again. He is basically holding Minny hostage.I see it somewhat differently. He is giving them the option to get something in return for him before he leaves as a free agent. It gives them both more options. If he has to wait until free agency to leave then his only options are teams with cap space. If he is traded he may land in a better spot than a rebuilding LA team or the Knicks and the Twolves get something in return.

It is his right to become a free agent and choose where he plays after this year he has zero reason to extend right now with Minny.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:46 PM
They won't trade the Wolves Klay in any deal. Barnes + Lee and the late 1st for Love/Barea is really what I expect to be floated out there.

I think that too , because believe it or not the Warriors are a healthy Center and a more productive bench away from the Finals . I hope Kerr does well with them .

lol, please
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM

I expect Lee to stay and flourish in the triangle and make you all feel foolish for underappreciating one of the most underrated PF in the game.

tredigs
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I think that too , because believe it or not the Warriors are a healthy Center and a more productive bench away from the Finals . I hope Kerr does well with them .

Yeah, who would they put at SG without Klay? That backcourt works on both ends, they won't screw with it. Plus, Barnes/Klay/Lee would just be an overpay as is. Just would not make sense.

tredigs
05-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I expect Lee to stay and flourish in the triangle and make you all feel foolish for underappreciating one of the most underrated PF in the game.

I don't mind keeping Lee and our squad as is (so long as we upgrade the bench) what so ever, but, if you can get K. Love you absolutely have to jump at that opportunity (within reason).

Curry
Klay
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Barea/Crawford/Green/Ezeli

Bench is still meh, but I'm over Barnes and that team would absolutely crush.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah, who would they put at SG without Klay? That backcourt works on both ends, they won't screw with it. Plus, Barnes/Klay/Lee would just be an overpay as is. Just would not make sense.

Yea and taking an old craopy defender like Martin back in that deal on that contract isn't ideal . Especially when your last line of defense is a big ego hasn't been healthy since college really . If Bogut gets hurt the only good defender in your lineup is Iggy .

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Bulls pretty much the only team that would give up the most honestly out of all the teams mentioned and still have room to work with . Minny can have anyone not named Rose and Noah . I think Minny would favor Booz over Taj based on Contract alone but if they took Taj that would just help the bulls cap even more because Booz can be released . I wouldn't mind giving Minny giving 3 1st out of the last 2 years . I kind of want to keep our 19th overall pick to draft another wing player seeing Butler might be gone in the trade .

AddiX
05-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Why would hou want to add love to that roster?

Did they not see just how ridiculously hard Dwight had to work on defense in the playoffs? Hes working overtime covering up forming and harden, you want to add love, smh, some of these teams never learn.

GS makes a lot of sense for love, but without a healthy big that's really active I don't think it will make them that much better, at least not what golden state fans here seem to think.

tredigs
05-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Bulls pretty much the only team that would give up the most honestly out of all the teams mentioned and still have room to work with . Minny can have anyone not named Rose and Noah . I think Minny would favor Booz over Taj based on Contract alone but if they took Taj that would just help the bulls cap even more because Booz can be released . I wouldn't mind giving Minny giving 3 1st out of the last 2 years . I kind of want to keep our 19th overall pick to draft another wing player seeing Butler might be gone in the trade .

Bulls would be smart to do that. Rose + Love/Noah would be devastating if Rose gets back to ~90%+ and they do have all those picks. Low 1st round picks can be bought, anyway.

Did they not see just how ridiculously hard Dwight had to work on defense in the playoffs? Hes working overtime covering up forming and harden, you want to add love, smh, some of these teams never learn.

GS makes a lot of sense for love, but without a healthy big that's really active I don't think it will make them that much better, at least not what golden state fans here seem to think.
Without Bogut or an emergence of Ezeli I agree it would be an uphill battle for them to win a ship, but, I still think Bogut being healthy next post-season has a decent probability and if you add a smart offensive coach (which from what I'm hearing from Kerr, he seems like he will be) along with a devastating stretch 4 of Love's caliber (who also brings in a guy who gets to the line/causes foul trouble on opponents), it's a force of a team.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:10 PM

Yea Hou needs more of a two way player at the PF spot with that current Roster like Milsap or a Horford .

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Bulls would be smart to do that. Rose + Love/Noah would be devastating if Rose gets back to ~90%+ and they do have all those picks. Low 1st round picks can be bought, anyway.

Yea Minny and Chicago always made a good logical trade partner no matter how much anyone wanted to give them credit for . Rose and Love already work out in the offseason and Noah isn't shy about asking for help ; if Love is really dead set on going to Chi or GS I think he might favor Chi a lil more because ( it's in the east / Friendship with Rose / established head coach )

dnl123
05-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Yea Minny and Chicago always made a good logical trade partner no matter how much anyone wanted to give them credit for . Rose and Love already work out in the offseason and Noah isn't shy about asking for help ; if Love is really dead set on going to Chi or GS I think he might favor Chi a lil more because ( it's in the east / Friendship with Rose / established head coach )

Then again saying that a Boozer for Love trade is a possibility is the least logical thing I've ever heard.

Bostonjorge
05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Love is made for LA. He will become a mega star. Get all the starts in the all star game and get even more commercials like the other PF in LA.

Kobe, love and melo is to much fire power for any team to handle. Love stepping out and hitting 3 is perfect for kobe and melo killing it in the post.

bgdreton
05-18-2014, 04:31 PM

No its not, the reason why Curry works well with Klay is bc of his defense plus 3 pt shooting. We cant afford to lose that. Martin doesnt offer that. However The SG position is the easiest to replace these days so if we really wanted Love I guess you look at that offer..

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Then again saying that a Boozer for Love trade is a possibility is the least logical thing I've ever heard.

Not really , Boozer is logical only because his contract is up after this year . If it was longer it wouldn't be logical not to mention Boozer wouldn't even been the main attraction of the deal if he was included .

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2014, 04:32 PM

Kerr is running the triangle?

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Love is made for LA. He will become a mega star. Get all the starts in the all star game and get even more commercials like the other PF in LA.

Kobe, love and melo is to much fire power for any team to handle. Love stepping out and hitting 3 is perfect for kobe and melo killing it in the post.

;/

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:34 PM

One would think because that's what Phil was getting him for but honestly I don't really know . He could be a triangle , run and gun or read and react guy .

KnicksorBust
05-18-2014, 04:36 PM

Kerr did give some insight Wednesday night on how he envisions his offense looking in Golden State. Kerr's familiarity with the Triangle was one of the reasons why Jackson was looking to hire him, and even though Kerr won't be running the Triangle full time, he did tell Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News that there would be some Triangle principles:

"It will be influenced by the Triangle but it will not look like the Bulls of the '90s, I can tell you that."

tredigs
05-18-2014, 04:38 PM

It'll have influences of the Triangle, but won't look like the Bulls old system. He said he's emphasizing ball movement + PnR's with far less ISO's than Jackson was running.

lol, please
05-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Which is exactly why I hope Love ends up anywhere but GSW so he proves tredigs wrong when Lee is wearing a ring.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Honestly don't see the fit but more power to them , Howard gonna have more to complain and Love isn't getting the ball with Harden flopping to the rim .
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Another contender planning aggressive play for a Kevin Love trade, sources tell Yahoo: Houston. Kevin McHale has strong bond with Love.

DR_1
05-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Love will not go to the Lakers or the Knicks

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:48 PM
If GS Tries to get Love I'll trade Bogut to Minny and ask for Chase and Dieng back too

shep33
05-18-2014, 04:50 PM
The Rockets would be an awesome fit offensively... if they can share the ball. Probably would cost them Parsons... but then again, Parsons can just leave the year after.

I don't see any way of Houston getting Love.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 04:51 PM
The Rockets would be an awesome fit offensively... if they can share the ball. Probably would cost them Parsons... but then again, Parsons can just leave the year after.

I don't see any way of Houston getting Love.

They should chase Milsap or try and pry Horford from them. Both ideal two way players that would help take the stress off Howard defensively

lol, please
05-18-2014, 04:53 PM
If the Rockets get Love the only thing more unstoppable than the Rockets on paper would be the rockets fans confidence on PSD, and this place will be fun next season with warriors vs rockets talk again, and the warriors fans would have to endure seeing if lol, P was right about Lee flourishing under Kerr. Win/win for me. :) Make it happen!

tredigs
05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Which is exactly why I hope Love ends up anywhere but GSW so he proves tredigs wrong when Lee is wearing a ring.

Haha. I mean, he's a player we could win with, but Love > Lee dude, that's pretty much all it comes down to. Also, that type of young superstar power would draw in clutch veteran ring chasers for our bench. It would make them a true force of the NBA rather than simply a very tough playoff out.

lol, please
05-18-2014, 05:08 PM
I have never argued lee is better than Love, only that we can win it all with lee and we will, and he is unappreciated by our fanbase and the nba as a whole and it shouldn't be so, and him winning a ring with the dubs would be the biggest form of justice in my eyes.

bgdreton
05-18-2014, 05:11 PM

LOL Lee aint wearing a ring anywhere unless he purchased it from Tiffanys or something...

tredigs
05-18-2014, 05:12 PM
I have never argued lee is better than Love, only that we can win it all with lee and we will, and he is unappreciated by our fanbase and the nba as a whole and it shouldn't be so, and him winning a ring with the dubs would be the biggest form of justice in my eyes.

So you'd prefer a worse situation for our franchise in order to feel vindicated that our team is strong enough to potentially win with David Lee? Interesting way to look at it. I like Lee and respect where you're coming from here, but it's juvenile in my eyes. He's not a GS lifer and I feel no reason to hold special allegiance to Lee or all the pathetic displays of defensive carelessness I've seen from him over the years.

TrueFan420
05-18-2014, 05:18 PM
If GS Tries to get Love I'll trade Bogut to Minny and ask for Chase and Dieng back too

That would be dumb. Bogut is the perfect center to pair with Love.

lol, please
05-18-2014, 05:19 PM
So you'd prefer a worse situation for our franchise in order to feel vindicated that our team is strong enough to potentially win with David Lee? Interesting way to look at it. I like Lee and respect where you're coming from here, but it's juvenile in my eyes. He's not a GS lifer and I feel no reason to hold special allegiance to Lee or all the pathetic displays of defensive carelessness I've seen from him over the years.
I want the team to get better/win above all else, but I would relish the opportunity to be right, again, when in the minority about something about a sports team I follow, yes, I won't deny that. and he had a better defensive season that he has before, let's make fair criticisms but let's not get carried away here.

tredigs
05-18-2014, 05:32 PM
I want the team to get better/win above all else, but I would relish the opportunity to be right, again, when in the minority about something about a sports team I follow, yes, I won't deny that. and he had a better defensive season that he has before, let's make fair criticisms but let's not get carried away here.
He gave more effort there this year than in seasons past, yes I'd agree there. And I'm also a fan of D. Lee and think we could potentially win with him, but, Love's just a special player and I'd jump at the opportunity to pull him in if he's there. I feel like we're going in circles, though. Moving on.

lol, please
05-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Agreed on the last note, we will just see what happens. :) go warriors above all else!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-18-2014, 05:36 PM

Too bad McHale isn't their GM anymore :(

lol, please
05-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Hard to forget about the Celtics, of two historic franchises in the dumps, my money is on the Celtics to return to contention first over the Lakers, love trade rumors aside.

kblo247
05-18-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't know why people give Love such a hard-time for not making the playoffs. A player like him just needs the right team to be built around him. If you want win with Kevin Love you need a pass first PG who can average 8-9 apg, A big man who can work the post and give about 17-8, a good floor spacer SG who can pitch in in the high teens/hit almost 40% of his 3's and an athletic wing player who can finish in transition for his great outlet passing... wait what? he had all those things? And they still finished under .500? But he's a superstar!! Do you even KNOW his true shooting percentage?!? Check his analytics!! He was 3rd in PER!!!! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!!!!Rubio, Pek, Martin, and Brewer ....oh I see what you did there.

stambrose84
05-18-2014, 05:54 PM
you have 82 year old kobe.. bad knee..
AND?????????
SURE.. i want to go to there

Stunner
05-18-2014, 05:59 PM
That would be dumb. Bogut is the perfect center to pair with Love.

How dumb is it if Bogut can't stay heathy ? And Dieng looked pretty promising towards the end of season . You will be lucky to have Bogut during the playoffs it seems every year .

PraiseJesus
05-18-2014, 06:00 PM

That pick is likely 6+

Nearly worthless imo. I know portland and 76ers got lucky late in the lottery but this might be the most analyzed draft class since wade lebron

PraiseJesus
05-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Im gonna venture a guess and say Lee + Barnes + pick for Love is something that will be offered

Asik's better
05-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Morey better offer as much as he can for love. Parsons, asik, jones and two first round picks is a solid package. Dmo could be used too. Maybe another first round pick.

VikesTwinsWolve
05-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Were not gonna make Love the missing piece for a team in the west. Celtics sounds about right.

east fb knicks
05-18-2014, 06:15 PM
plz don't let the lakers get a top 5 pick:hope:

VikesTwinsWolve
Laker fans you all know I wasn't talking about you. ha

Stunner
I really hate Houston lol if they get love I hope they fail . I hate Harden

SouthSideRookie
If the Rockets get Love the only thing more unstoppable than the Rockets on paper would be the rockets fans confidence on PSD, and this place will be fun next season with warriors vs rockets talk again, and the warriors fans would have to endure seeing if lol, P was right about Lee flourishing under Kerr. Win/win for me. :) Make it happen!

Yet you and other clowns here are proclaiming that a 6th seeded team in b2b seasons is some juggernaut and on the brink of a title.

How dumb is it if Bogut can't stay heathy ? And Dieng looked pretty promising towards the end of season . You will be lucky to have Bogut during the playoffs it seems every year .

You're in the same boat, with Rose.

Morey better offer as much as he can for love. Parsons, asik, jones and two first round picks is a solid package. Dmo could be used too. Maybe another first round pick.

Im sure he will, he's said numerous times that the Rockets need that 3rd star in order to truly contend.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 06:20 PM
You're in the same boat with Rose

Not really Bogut whole career has been has been injury prone with multiple different injuries where Rose had two years ruined with two different injuries . Before that Rose was dependable for his career , The meniscus injury which was a freak thing is very common now and many players have returned physically from it . Rose already came back physically the same with the ACL I have no doubt he will with this injury . And he shouldn't be rusty to start the year because he's playing USA ball this summer in July .

thomass
05-18-2014, 06:22 PM
celtics love great white players

Stunner
05-18-2014, 06:24 PM
I honestly don't know where he's going we won't have an idea till June 26th

slashsnake
05-18-2014, 06:29 PM
you have 82 year old kobe.. bad knee..
AND?????????
SURE.. i want to go to there

Well, it is the market that draws free agents and gets big name players. Shaq left a better team in Orlando for LA based on the fact that consistently they have been able to bring in and keep elite players and coaches. Ceballos, Van Exel and Campbell were who they had.

Houston may sound nice, but the Lakers franchise has sent a team to the finals 31 times, Houston 4.

And with that comes the endorsement opportunities. You don't have to worry about that team not going after the biggest fish, trying to get the best coach, or worrying about the luxury tax or a coaches guaranteed contract. Sure they are down now, and I am not a Laker fan at all saying this, but I would bet they will be a top title contender again soon.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Bill Simmons I pray to you http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1813476-does-bill-simmons-trade-idea-of-kevin-love-to-the-chicago-bulls-make-sense

Crackadalic
05-18-2014, 06:43 PM
If I'm Kevin love I'm going to the east. West is too strong

Miami getting older
Pacers isn't as strong

The rest are middle tier teams

It just makes too much sense. Why go to a rebuilding team like the lakers with a worse cast then the wolves and expect to come out in the tough western conference

rockets-fan
05-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Love will go to LA through free agency, why the hell would LA give a too pick when they can just wait??

If Houston gets him, oh man, best move possible! Third option on a rockets team is perfect for him.

Beverly/cannan
Harden/Daniels
Parsons/Hamilton/Garcia
Love/Dmo
Howard/FA

This assuming the package is Lin Asik jones and two first rounders. If they include parsons then depth and a solid SF will need to be aquired

Stunner
05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Players always say they want to go to a team to contend , I'm about winning and the only players who proved that are Bron , Bosh and Wade .

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2014, 06:53 PM
1. I hope like hell we don't trade our pick for Love, we should try to acquire him via FA next summer, if we don't get him, so be it. Don't trade our pick for Love and then have him leave like dwight, we would be even worse off than we are now.

2. I hope the Celtics DO land KL, cuz they'd trade their assets to get him and he would probably leave them anyway.

3. Please don't go to houston, that would be perfect for love and the rockets. He'd be with a defensive center and he'd stay there cuz they would be contenders right away. Double slap to the face of laker fans.

PraiseJesus
05-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Not sure about K Love being on a championship team...

He has been such a ball hog his entire career and seems to insist on those cross court oulet passes.

He also shoots 3s which isn't what you typically want out of a big man....

I hate to say it but K Love seems to be exactly the type of big man Jim Buss of the Lakers wants on his team.

An exciting brand of basketball that will never get a ring

celtics 34
05-18-2014, 07:01 PM
1. I hope like hell we don't trade our pick for Love, we should try to acquire him via FA next summer, if we don't get him, so be it. Don't trade our pick for Love and then have him leave like dwight, we would be even worse off than we are now.

2. I hope the Celtics DO land KL, cuz they'd trade their assets to get him and he would probably leave them anyway.

3. Please don't go to houston, that would be perfect for love and the rockets. He'd be with a defensive center and he'd stay there cuz they would be contenders right away. Double slap to the face of laker fans.

The only way he goes to the celtics is with an extension

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2014, 07:03 PM
The only way he goes to the celtics is with an extension

Yea, cuz it's too much to risk for boston. Love won't do that tho.

celtics 34
05-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Yea, cuz it's too much to risk for boston. Love won't do that tho.
If we were to get love we would most likely give up both our picks this year and some other players.then we would have to wait till next year to get a good player in the Draft

D-Leethal
05-18-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't see Houston as a fit unless they get top tier defenders at the 1 and 3 spots.

Avenged
05-18-2014, 07:25 PM

What.

Trwood12
05-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Has there been any confirmed reports? Or anything directly from Love? Because at this point it all sounds like rumor and speculation. I won't believe it until it's confirmed by a credible source. I know he will probably leave but this whole report is severely lacking in evidence and it blew up way too much for what little info is provided.

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Has there been any confirmed reports? Or anything directly from Love? Because at this point it all sounds like rumor and speculation. I won't believe it until it's confirmed by a credible source. I know he will probably leave but this whole report is severely lacking in evidence and it blew up way too much for what little info is provided.

Love's not gonna come out and say "it's all true, I want to gtfo minny."

Trwood12
05-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Love's not gonna come out and say "it's all true, I want to gtfo minny."

It's already out. He could confirm or deny it.

lpdunks8
05-18-2014, 07:44 PM

If there is an article from Adrian Wojnarowski on a topic; consider the sources golden. He's the most legit writer out there.

Bruno
05-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Rubio, Pek, Martin, and Brewer ....oh I see what you did there.

most importantly you need a defensive rim protector. Minny lost so many games last season by three or less points in the closing seconds of games because they can't defend the basket. Pek has a nice offensive skill set but he is the last guy you want sharing the front court with Kevin Love. he holds opponents to one of the highest allowed % at the rim. Loves C needs to be able to deflect his weakness (Loves only weakness), not compound it. the point guard in a love system should also be able to hit threes. replace Pek with a defensive anchor and Rubio with a PG who is a threat from behind the arc and these Wolves would have won 50 games.

Bruno
05-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Love with any legitimate defensive anchor=playoff lock. love with a defensive anchor and James Harden? NBA finals bound. it should be Houstons goal to bring in Love at all costs. Only Harden and Howard should be off the table, although if you can get him for Howard you do it and let Asik go back to his role as an effective anchor alongside Love with Parsons at the three and Bevely at the one. ouch.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Love with any legitimate defensive anchor=playoff lock. love with a defensive anchor and James Harden? NBA finals bound. it should be Houstons goal to bring in Love at all costs. Only Harden and Howard should be off the table, although if you can get him for Howard you do it and let Asik go back to his role as an effective anchor alongside Love with Parsons at the three and Bevely at the one. ouch.

Howard for Love is a no brainer. You keep your depth, Parsons and Bev as you said. Maybe try to get rid of Lin and take on another salary from Minny like a Barrea.

TaylorMays
05-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Howard for Love is a no brainer. You keep your depth, Parsons and Bev as you said. Maybe try to get rid of Lin and take on another salary from Minny like a Barrea.

I'd definitely never trade Lin for Barea alone

king4day
05-18-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't see Houston as a fit unless they get top tier defenders at the 1 and 3 spots.

I agree here but depending on what their cap looks like, they could make a run at someone like Ariza or PJ Tucker for SF.
Then I'd look at Chalmers too. They don't need an elite PG with the big three they'd have. Chalmers would fit them perfectly.

king4day
05-18-2014, 08:31 PM

Minnesota would be in heaven if they were to land Howard. And how ironic it'd be for Howard to land back were he started. A small market that has struggled to be competitive.

Seeing as they have Asik, I actually don't think this would be the worst decision for them either. Though I'm sure Love would rather play alongside Howard. I wouldn't mind seeing that myself :)

mike_noodles
05-18-2014, 08:56 PM
I feel bad for Wolves fans. They deserve better. At least the haul for him should be huge. Bad part is they'll likely get two PG's back in the trade and then draft two more with the picks, jk.

lpdunks8
05-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Imagine the look on Dwight's face if that happened.

mdm692
05-18-2014, 08:59 PM

Without Bogut or an emergence of Ezeli I agree it would be an uphill battle for them to win a ship, but, I still think Bogut being healthy next post-season has a decent probability and if you add a smart offensive coach (which from what I'm hearing from Kerr, he seems like he will be) along with a devastating stretch 4 of Love's caliber (who also brings in a guy who gets to the line/causes foul trouble on opponents), it's a force of a team.

And the Lakers still thinks a healthy Nash, a competent coach, a #2 scoring option and a defensive presence at the C can help them make a deep playoff run so whats your point?

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Well this is no surprise on any front.

m_witter2003
05-18-2014, 09:10 PM

This is the exact reason MN wouldn't part with Dieng. He would be part of the rebuilding process.

The reasons for LA to trade for Love instead of waiting until next year are obvious:
1) One more year of Kobe and Love. With Love and Kobe its not guaranteed to work right away (Look at Mia with Lebron).
2) He could be lost to another team. If Kobe gets reinjured or his product falls dramatically, than Love is headed to a worse situation than he left in MN.
3) MN by some miracle makes a playoff push and he decides to stay. Rubio playing better, Shabazz Muhammad (former 1st rounder) playing to his potential, or MN gets a productive player in the draft of free agency are possibilities (Obviously it's a stretch to think all these would happen but some could).

IMP I think the hiring of Kerr hurts Golden States chances for Love because he lacks experience. How many rookie head coaches win championships? How many college coaches with years of experience fail in the NBA? Kerr hasn't had success as a coach at any level.

mike_noodles
05-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Imagine the look on Dwight's face if that happened.

He would probably retire, lol.

bomber0104
05-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Lakers better not waste their pick on him

if he wants to play for them, he'll join in FA next year. you're not winning **** with Kobe and Love regardless

cmellofan15
05-18-2014, 09:45 PM
lol no way they trade Dwight.

UPRock
05-18-2014, 09:57 PM
He obviously wants to go to Milwaukee

Mayo for Love is obviously going to happen

Stunner
05-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski was just on Chris Mannix radio show. Here's a summary, nothing really new or earth shattering:
-Last couple of weeks Love's representatives have made it clear loves wants out before July 1.
-Get him to a team he would sign an extension with.
-Will fetch multiple 1st round picks and young players.
-Has a very open mind on a lot of teams (Chicago, Houston, Boston, Phoenix, Golden State).
-What was once believed to be a slam dunk for the Lakers is no longer the case (Wants to go to an organization that can win now).
-Lakers or Celtics would give up any top pick 4 or worse. They would pause and think about giving up top 3 or better.
-Lakers don't have the picks to give up that Boston has (Duh).
-Love doesn't want to go through another training camp with T'Wolves.
-Minnesota now realizes that Love isn't going to come back, so they will listen to all offers. posted by Red222 in the Bulls forum who breaks most of our rumor news

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Just save everyones time and ship him to the Lakers.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Don't know why he'd go to Boston. They wouldn't be close to a contender with him.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Don't know why he'd go to Boston. They wouldn't be close to a contender with him.

Yea I don't get that either , must be because it's the East , their head coach is up and coming and likeable , not to mention Rondo would still be there . Rondo and Love could make it to the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed ; I don't see title contender though .

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:21 PM

Seems like a smoke screen.

Bostonjorge
05-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Just save everyones time and ship him to the Lakers.

It's pretty much a lock but lets have some fun with it first.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Wolves would have the 13th , 16th and 19th picks if they dealt with Chicago . Looking at the draft board , they're some good players at those spots to help rebuild . Phx is my sleeper pick , they have 3 1st rounders this year . http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:31 PM
The question is if you're PHX which guard do you get rid of in a deal , Dragic or Bledsoe ? Dragic would be easier to move because he's locked up where Bledsoe is a free agent and you could go back and sign him to pair with Love . Either way it's unlikely that a Bledsoe / Dragic / Love trio happens .

I think any deal would involve either Bledsoe or Dragic / Morris Bros / Frye and those 1st rounders for Love and JJ .

king4day
05-18-2014, 10:38 PM
The question is if you're PHX which guard do you get rid of in a deal , Dragic or Bledsoe ? Dragic would be easier to move because he's locked up where Bledsoe is a free agent and you could go back and sign him to pair with Love . Either way it's unlikely that a Bledsoe / Dragic / Love trio happens .

I think any deal would involve either Bledsoe or Dragic / Morris Bros / Frye and those 1st rounders for Love and JJ .

Actually, Dragic has an option to opt out after next season and everyone associated with the team (expert-wise) believes he's going to do it to cash in on one final big contract.
If we had to trade either, I'd deal Bledsoe in a sign and trade. Then we pray Archie Goodwin becomes a star that some believe he may turn into someday.

I think your trade offer is accurate for the most part though as to what it would take.
I don't believe Phoenix has enough to offer though unless Minny wants a complete rebuild.

If I was them, I'd send him to Golden State for Thompson and Lee while giving up Love and a bad contract.

FOBolous
05-18-2014, 10:47 PM
I think of all the teams that are pursuing Love, it'll be between the Rockets and the Lakers. and i'm not just being homer either.

the Knicks don't have anything to offer Minnesota. No picks. no talent. no cap space. and no coach to entice Love with.

the Suns wouldn't be a contender even if Love joins them. same with Boston.

as for the Warriors...any combination of their player feels like "too much" for Love.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Lakers are in the same spot as the Knicks tho almost

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Lakers are in the same spot as the Knicks tho almost

If he really wants there I am sure he can force something to work out somehow?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I think of all the teams that are pursuing Love, it'll be between the Rockets and the Lakers. and i'm not just being homer either.

the Knicks don't have anything to offer Minnesota. No picks. no talent. no cap space. and no coach to entice Love with.

the Suns wouldn't be a contender even if Love joins them. same with Boston.

as for the Warriors...any combination of their player feels like "too much" for Love.

what do the Rox offer?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 10:57 PM
If he really wants there I am sure he can force something to work out somehow?

The Lakers have nothing to offer outside their pick. Wolves could get much better. Look, if they trade him, you don't win that trade if you are the Wolves. But they can get a ton more cents on the dollar than the Lakers can offer them.

bluefire7002
05-18-2014, 11:17 PM
The Lakers have nothing to offer outside their pick. Wolves could get much better. Look, if they trade him, you don't win that trade if you are the Wolves. But they can get a ton more cents on the dollar than the Lakers can offer them.

True... Problem with the other teams that can offer the Wolves more is It's no guarantee Love will stay with that team after next season, which will scare away a lot of teams. I get the feeling Love will still want to play next season without signing an extension.

bluefire7002
05-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Also, Im curious... If the knicks somehow got Love and got him to sign an extension... Do they still have the space to resign melo??

Slim Tubby
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Lakers and Knicks have ZERO shot at trading for Love because they have nothing to offer. That's not hyperbole, it's fact. The only trade options that are legit are teams with assets to trade and are also teams Love would be willing to go to. GSW offers Lee, Klay and Barnes for Love, Martin and #13 and call it a day. There will be no trade with GSW if Klay is not involved. Barnes value took a dump and Lee's contract is horrendous.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
True... Problem with the other teams that can offer the Wolves more is It's no guarantee Love will stay with that team after next season, which will scare away a lot of teams. I get the feeling Love will still want to play next season without signing an extension.

Well there's a list of teams he's linked to like so it's not that bad . But I think the number of teams lower when you count in the winning / draft picks and players that can still help the wolves look respectable . I think that leaves Chicago who have all three / GS while don't have the picks but have the players and contender thing going for them and greedy Hou where they would just be a contender . They would most likely have to give up Lin/ Asik / Parsons for Love . Yes Love is a star but for Hou doesn't really need another star for that roster and going the wrong way about it IMO .

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 11:32 PM

as a Wolves fan, absolutely not my concern...

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Also, Im curious... If the knicks somehow got Love and got him to sign an extension... Do they still have the space to resign melo??

Love and Melo is a horrible fit , and I don't think Phil would want that either . He would get Love and build around him with younger players . But at this stage Love wouldn't consider even looking at NY with so much uncertainty .

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:34 PM
as a Wolves fan, absolutely not my concern...

I'm feel sorry for you guys Hawk , hopefully you guys deal him on draft night and get a bunch of 1st this year to help rebuild in the right direction .

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm feel sorry for you guys Hawk , hopefully you guys deal him on draft night and get a bunch of 1st this year to help rebuild in the right direction .

as long as Taylor owns the team, we will always be in this position. He likes to stick within his country club, and the Kahn hire was a pure disaster.

Being a Wolves fan sucks. If I could somehow have a hypnotist make me forget them, I would jump at the opportunity.

Bostonjorge
05-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Lakers and Knicks have ZERO shot at trading for Love because they have nothing to offer. That's not hyperbole, it's fact. The only trade options that are legit are teams with assets to trade and are also teams Love would be willing to go to. GSW offers Lee, Klay and Barnes for Love, Martin and #13 and call it a day. There will be no trade with GSW if Klay is not involved. Barnes value took a dump and Lee's contract is horrendous.
GS didn't even offer that for Howard. They will only offer lee and Barnes with no picks.

Ezio
05-18-2014, 11:52 PM
as long as Taylor owns the team, we will always be in this position. He likes to stick within his country club, and the Kahn hire was a pure disaster.

Being a Wolves fan sucks. If I could somehow have a hypnotist make me forget them, I would jump at the opportunity.

Become a Bulls fan when Love gets traded here :hi5:

Stunner
05-18-2014, 11:58 PM

We would welcome you
And we have cake :D

Slim Tubby
05-19-2014, 12:01 AM
GS didn't even offer that for Howard. They will only offer lee and Barnes with no picks.

If that's the case then I would rather let him walk, absorb the cap relief, avoid taking on Lee's contract and be happy knowing Love missed out on the extra $30 million Love could miss out on if he got injured (not wishing that).

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Yea the Warriors offered Bogut and Barnes for Howard and Howard just picked Hou over them which was dumb . Curry / Klay / Iggy / Lee / Howard

I mean come on man that's finals team .

Hawkeye15
05-19-2014, 12:10 AM

I was a Bulls fan from 1985-1993. But I can't change teams. I can't. I would rather just stop watching.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2014, 12:11 AM
We would welcome you
And we have cake :D

I don't eat sugar.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:12 AM
I don't eat sugar.

We have books :(

SilverFalco8
05-19-2014, 12:13 AM

How are you so sure? Go Bulls!

Hawkeye15
05-19-2014, 12:20 AM
We have books :(

my sister and brother in law lived in Chicago, and it is such an awesome city. I lived there when I was 2. Don't remember it haha.

Look, you can't change your loyalty. You just can't when it comes to sports.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:26 AM
my sister and brother in law lived in Chicago, and it is such an awesome city. I lived there when I was 2. Don't remember it haha.

Look, you can't change your loyalty. You just can't when it comes to sports.

Very true , just the players

Stunner
05-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Do you think it's smart for Boston to trade for Love , I mean if they get a top 3 pick ? I mean if Love wants Boston it would be smart to just tough it out one season in Minny and then leave to Boston where they would have Rondo , Wiggins / Parker or Embid to pair with Love . Because at the moment going to Boston they possibly could be a 5-8 seed team not really contenders IMO . But who knows

Chronz
05-19-2014, 12:38 AM

he never bolted at the first chance he got and he actually got the wolves to the playoffs

Why respect someone for doing something they regret?

85BearsDefense
05-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Lakers have absolutely nothing outside of a lotto pick that should get the Wolves attention. Wolves can get way better packages from Boston, Chicago, or Golden State.

SilverFalco8
05-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Love come to Chi-town!!!

MickeyMgl
05-19-2014, 03:18 AM
is he going to win in LA? Depends... how good the rest of the roster is

Pretty much the story for every player in the history of basketball. Including Lebron. Maybe excluding Magic.

kblo247
05-19-2014, 04:37 AM
as a Wolves fan, absolutely not my concern...should be, limits your choices of what you can get back if he's a whiny ***** and says I'm not opting in or extending

85BearsDefense
05-19-2014, 04:58 AM
as a Wolves fan, absolutely not my concern...should be, limits your choices of what you can get back if he's a whiny ***** and says I'm not opting in or extending

So you're a whiny ***** if you only want to extend with a team that you want to play for.... News to me.

kblo247
05-19-2014, 05:02 AM
So you're a whiny ***** if you only want to extend with a team that you want to play for.... News to me.

Nah he's just a whiny ***** in general throughout his career dating back to Rambis calling him on his stat padding ****.

I had no problem with Melo doing it because he kept that **** in house and unlike Love had actually helped a team be relevant.

Love just irks me

All-In
05-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Minny can get its best trades from Chicago, who can offer Taj and two 1st rd picks between 10-20, PHX, who can offer three 1st rd picks as of now….but the funny thing is…PHX owns MIN 1st rd pick this year….but its top 13 protected….as of now MIN is at pick 13….so come the lottery if MIN drops back one spot to 14….PHX will not only have four 1st rd picks but MIN pick as well…..so PHX could potentially offer MIN four 1st rd picks and maybe a Morris twin, BOS can offer a top 5 pick and a 10-20 pick and maybe another player, not named Sully…..and ….GSW….David Lee and Barnes for Love….MIN is a poorly ran organization…so to say they will pick the best offer available out of all these is misleading….BUT…just imagine….Bogut, Love, Iggy, Klay and Curry…..How do you guard the Love/Curry PnR? They can just run that play over and over….and it still work….I’m drooling just thinking about it….my vote is GSW

ewing
05-19-2014, 10:20 AM

Garnett cried on TV b/c his team sucked and it wasn't fair and then he demanded a trade. I respect the the fact that he is really good and plays very hard otherwise he is pretty unlikable

king4day
05-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Minny can get its best trades from Chicago, who can offer Taj and two 1st rd picks between 10-20, PHX, who can offer three 1st rd picks as of now….but the funny thing is…PHX owns MIN 1st rd pick this year….but its top 13 protected….as of now MIN is at pick 13….so come the lottery if MIN drops back one spot to 14….PHX will not only have four 1st rd picks but MIN pick as well…..so PHX could potentially offer MIN four 1st rd picks and maybe a Morris twin, BOS can offer a top 5 pick and a 10-20 pick and maybe another player, not named Sully…..and ….GSW….David Lee and Barnes for Love….MIN is a poorly ran organization…so to say they will pick the best offer available out of all these is misleading….BUT…just imagine….Bogut, Love, Iggy, Klay and Curry…..How do you guard the Love/Curry PnR? They can just run that play over and over….and it still work….I’m drooling just thinking about it….my vote is GSW

That's what you offer if you're trying to trade for a disgruntled Durant. Love is nowhere near worth a top 3 pick in this draft, along with 3 other firsts and young assets.
If Phoenix wins the lottery, I want no part of the Kevin Love discussions.

king4day
05-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Garnett cried on TV b/c his team sucked and it wasn't fair and then he demanded a trade. I respect the the fact that he is really good and plays very hard otherwise he is pretty unlikable

My understanding was he didn't want to be traded. Had Allen not been dealt to Boston, he wasn't going to agree to a trade there. He was willing to accept Phoenix but that was it. If he had to choose, it didn't sound like he would have left Minny though. Maybe Hawkeye has a better understanding?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Warriors probably have best package deal. Probably takes Klay,Barnes and Lee for Love and junk filler.

ManRam
05-19-2014, 10:45 AM
:(

king4day
05-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Warriors probably have best package deal. Probably takes Klay,Barnes and Lee for Love and junk filler.

I agree. While not as impactful, Thompson isn't a slouch with regards to how good he is. Lee can also help them continue to win next year if they choose to go in that direction. They could also probably deal Lee for something else if needed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-19-2014, 11:09 AM
I suggested Klay, Barnes, Lee for Love and Martin.

Rubio,Klay,Barnes,Lee,Pek not bad. Better then Love walking away.

Curry,Martin,Iggy,Love,Bogut

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2014, 11:28 AM

No one is going to trade for Kevin Love with out an extension.

I Highly doubt the Warriors would be willing to give up that much. Giving up Clay will really take away from the Warriors only strength in the efficient shooting backcourt. teams would double Curry all day long.

If I were the Warriors I would just give up Lee+Barnes+1st round pick

otherwise I would just trade for Ryan Anderson if you want a stretch 4.

I don't think Love is that BIG of an upgrade over Lee.

They both suck at defense.
They Both Rebound at a High Rate.
Love shoots better and has a longer range but Lee is great off the pick and roll.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I suggested Klay, Barnes, Lee for Love and Martin.

Rubio,Klay,Barnes,Lee,Pek not bad. Better then Love walking away.

Curry,Martin,Iggy,Love,Bogut

Warriors won't do that they didn't even offer that much for Howard . Lee and Barnes is a far as they will go . Martin is not the ideal player to put in the backcourt with Curry especially defensively .

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-19-2014, 11:48 AM
No one is going to trade for Kevin Love with out an extension.

I Highly doubt the Warriors would be willing to give up that much. Giving up Clay will really take away from the Warriors only strength in the efficient shooting backcourt. teams would double Curry all day long.

If I were the Warriors I would just give up Lee+Barnes+1st round pick

otherwise I would just trade for Ryan Anderson if you want a stretch 4.

I don't think Love is that BIG of an upgrade over Lee.

They both suck at defense.
They Both Rebound at a High Rate.
Love shoots better and has a longer range but Lee is great off the pick and roll.

Yeah sorry I didn't mention contract extension. Love probably gets 5 years $100M $20M per. Or 4 years $80M $20M per. Pick? Warriors have no first round pick this year. Also pick in 2015 wont be that good since Warriors be deep in the playoffs. Barnes and Lee wouldn't be enough. Barnes regressed a bit this season. Lee is over paid.

Reason why you pried him away from the Knicks. I'm pretty sure Wolves starting point will be asking for Klay and Barnes package deal. Most likely Klay, but as well as Barnes. Or very least Klay and Iggy. But that's dirty pool or bad business to get Iggy then trade him. He wont be happy. So Klay and Barnes and Lee.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Good luck lol
All along, the Knicks were preparing for the distinct possibility Kevin Love would never make it to 2015 free agency, that they would need to potentially do a sign-and-extend trade similar to the way they obtained Carmelo Anthony.
A report Sunday said Love has already told Minnesota officials he will not sign a contract extension this summer and will become a free agent in July, when their chances would appear bleak. Hence, rampant speculation is Love will be traded by the Timberwolves either this summer or by February’s trade deadline.
According to an NBA source, Knicks president Phil Jackson has been plotting to be involved in making something happen with Love via a trade.
However, the report stated rather than the Lakers and the Knicks being Love’s top two choices, the power forward is more interested in Golden State and Chicago. It’s unclear if Steve Kerr knew Love’s preference when he chose to coach the Warriors, but it’s very possible.
Adding Love to the Knicks’ mix with their 2015 cap space is one of the selling points for Anthony to stay in New York. It’s doubtful a team would trade Love for just a rental. Another source said the Lakers also will make a monster push at trading for Love, who played at UCLA.
The Knicks believe they have the expiring contracts — Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert in particular — the Wolves might want so Minnesota can keep cap space to go after the star-studded 2015 free agent class.
But the Knicks can’t give up a first-round pick until 2018. Saving that 2018 first-round pick for a potential Love deal was one of the factors in the Knicks deciding not to offer it to Toronto during Kyle Lowry talks.

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah sorry I didn't mention contract extension. Love probably gets 5 years $100M $20M per. Or 4 years $80M $20M per. Pick? Warriors have no first round pick this year. Also pick in 2015 wont be that good since Warriors be deep in the playoffs. Barnes and Lee wouldn't be enough. Barnes regressed a bit this season. Lee is over paid.

Reason why you pried him away from the Knicks. I'm pretty sure Wolves starting point will be asking for Klay and Barnes package deal. Most likely Klay, but as well as Barnes. Or very least Klay and Iggy. But that's dirty pool or bad business to get Iggy then trade him. He wont be happy. So Klay and Barnes and Lee.

it might come down to that but the Warriors wouldn't make that trade and I wouldn't want them to. it would take a third team if the Wolves don't want Lee.

shep33
05-19-2014, 12:18 PM
I'd think the Wolves would demand Klay. Depends on what Minny is trying to do. I think they should just tear it down and rebuild. Get rid of Rubio, trade Pek, and go from there.

futureman
05-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Why would Love leave Golden State for LA? The Lakers are a dumpster fire with a washed up superstar that's paid way too much money.

flea
05-19-2014, 01:00 PM
I'd love to see Melo and Love next to each other at the forward spots. Olé!

Jeffy25
05-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Why is Love solely responsible for his teams ability to win?

How many players in the game can honestly win by themselves?

You can be a top 5-10 player on a last place team, and not be capable of leading them to winning.

Love will be worth multiple picks.

All-In
05-19-2014, 01:52 PM
That's what you offer if you're trying to trade for a disgruntled Durant. Love is nowhere near worth a top 3 pick in this draft, along with 3 other firsts and young assets.
If Phoenix wins the lottery, I want no part of the Kevin Love discussions.

PHX doesn’t have a top 3 pick….as of now their 3 picks(possibly 4) are in the 10-30 pick range(14, 18, and 27)…..and I wasn’t necessarily saying that’s going to be their full offer….more or less a variation….I’m just stating what those teams highest bids would probably be….I don’t think MIN is going to get a top 3 pick back for Love….especially in this years draft….But if I were PHX I would gladly give up the 14, 18 and 27 picks for Kevin Love…..I don’t know if I would throw another player in that deal….I just said it because maybe he’s worth that much to PHX

king4day
05-19-2014, 02:25 PM
PHX doesn’t have a top 3 pick….as of now their 3 picks(possibly 4) are in the 10-30 pick range(14, 18, and 27)…..and I wasn’t necessarily saying that’s going to be their full offer….more or less a variation….I’m just stating what those teams highest bids would probably be….I don’t think MIN is going to get a top 3 pick back for Love….especially in this years draft….But if I were PHX I would gladly give up the 14, 18 and 27 picks for Kevin Love…..I don’t know if I would throw another player in that deal….I just said it because maybe he’s worth that much to PHX

I hear ya. I was referring to the idea that if the wolves pick fell to 14 (which would mean the Suns landed a top 3 pick in the lottery. THAT would be too much to give up. But otherwise, I agree with you.

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2014, 02:38 PM
The first team to offer a top 5 pick lands Kevin Love.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Following a report that Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love has “no interest” in re-signing and plans to test free agency next summer, per ESPN’s Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne, owner Glen Taylor shot down speculation that the frustrated star could be moved before the 2014 NBA draft.

“Not by the draft,” Taylor said prior to Sunday’s Minnesota Lynx home opener at Target Center, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Jerry Zgoda. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2068570-minnesota-timberwolves-owner-says-kevin-love-wont-be-traded-by-2014-draft I hope he's not serious because this would be stupid

RocketsWin2013
05-19-2014, 02:46 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2068570-minnesota-timberwolves-owner-says-kevin-love-wont-be-traded-by-2014-draft I hope he's not serious because this would be stupid

Why do you say that? Players love to test the FA market while in their primes. I don't see the issue.

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 02:50 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2068570-minnesota-timberwolves-owner-says-kevin-love-wont-be-traded-by-2014-draft I hope he's not serious because this would be stupid

Love is a depreciating asset. He's already 90% of the value he was a few weeks ago. The shred of hope to re-sign him for more money than any other team is blinding the FO and fans. The calls should have started a few weeks ago.

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 03:06 PM

You are misreading the comment. "Not by the draft" basically means they will wait for the draft to come so they know what players will be available with what picks. It would bestupid to trade him before the draft , not knowing what potential pick or player you would be getting.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Why do you say that? Players love to test the FA market while in their primes. I don't see the issue.

It's stupid because the Wolves need to trade him for picks in this draft to start rebuilding early to get better value . The value will dip mid season on what they get back because who knows what teams will be like by then and most teams will just wait till he's FA by then .

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:09 PM
You are misreading the comment. "Not by the draft" basically means they will wait for the draft to come so they know what players will be available with what picks. It would bestupid to trade him before the draft , not knowing what potential pick or player you would be getting.

Well it's still stupid regardless because if that's the case he shouldn't have said anything because it's common sense you can't trade players before the draft . Lol

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Well it's still stupid regardless because if that's the case he shouldn't have said anything because it's common sense you can't trade players before the draft . Lol
Whoever wrote the article asked Taylor if Love would be traded before the draft, and Taylor basically said no...It would be the person who asked the question that would be the dumb one then.

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 03:14 PM
And I'm pretty sure you can trade players before the draft. It's how the wolves got the pick that got them Rubio.
Unless it changed in the new CBA

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Whoever wrote the article asked Taylor if Love would be traded before the draft, and Taylor basically said no...It would be the person who asked the question that would be the dumb one then.

Agreed

Jarvo
05-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Love should go to either The Bulls, Warriors or Houston.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Wolves. Really could have Curry , Deorzan and Taj with Love in one draft but decided it was smart to take Flynn , Lawson and Rubio . Oh Minny must be sick

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Love should go to either The Bulls, Warriors or Houston. warriors are the best fit for him, and*probably make the best trade partners with the Wolves too. Negotiations would probably start with Lee, and one of Barnes or Klay, and then go from there

sens#11fan
05-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Hopefully, the bulls can a acquire him, we really need more competition in the east.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Minny come on you know you want him , he's cool with Rubio , he's born in the same place as Pek , his game is similar to the player you're trading , top 5 prospect I the draft if he came out this year . Yes his beard is cool and looks just like he wants to punch you in the face . It's your man Mirotic , only weakness it looks like isn't really a weakness that can't be fixed . Get him in the weight room and watch him battle for rookie of the year http://youtu.be/JjaHc9Vp9wU

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Wolves. Really could have Curry , Deorzan and Taj with Love in one draft but decided it was smart to take Flynn , Lawson and Rubio . Oh Minny must be sick
Yeah, that draft is always a hot topic in the Wolves forum. It's much different than the typical hindsight is 20 20. Taking Flynn after Rubio made no sense. Something that would have made sense was taking Derozan at 6, instead of Flynn. Rubio was the obvious choice at 5, so I have no issue with that. It would be a hindsight thing to say they should have taken Curry instead of Rubio, and in hindsight they should have, but at the time Rubio made the most sense, so I won't dog that pick, but the Flynn over taking a SG stings.

Stunner
05-19-2014, 03:38 PM
warriors are the best fit for him, and*probably make the best trade partners with the Wolves too. Negotiations would probably start with Lee, and one of Barnes or Klay, and then go from there

Only way the warriors get love is by giving up three of those players and I doubt they want to mess with the Curry / Klay duo . Their picks aren't something to be desired . Don't forget they didn't even offer a ton for Howard I doubt they do for love . They honestly just need a healthy center and better production to be in the finals .

WSU Tony
05-19-2014, 03:41 PM

The Wolves also traded O.J. Mayo for Love.

Yeah, that draft is always a hot topic in the Wolves forum. It's much different than the typical hindsight is 20 20. Taking Flynn after Rubio made no sense. Something that would have made sense was taking Derozan at 6, instead of Flynn. Rubio was the obvious choice at 5, so I have no issue with that. It would be a hindsight thing to say they should have taken Curry instead of Rubio, and in hindsight they should have, but at the time Rubio made the most sense, so I won't dog that pick, but the Flynn over taking a SG stings.

The Flynn pick was a reach. What made it goofy was the obvious point that Rubio and Flynn virtually couldn't play on the floor at the same time. At least Curry had a skill set which could match with Rubio... DeRozan was supposed to go later than both and although might have been the better pick would have been a reach. Again, we're dealing with only pre-NBA knowledge here...

celtNYpatsHeels
05-19-2014, 03:55 PM
The Wolves also traded O.J. Mayo for Love.

Well yeah, but they drafted Mayo with Love still on the board for some reason

still1ballin
05-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Good to hear. Love doesn't belong in Minnesota. He deserves better. A bigger market.

PurpleJesus
05-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Well yeah, but they drafted Mayo with Love still on the board for some reason
to set up a trade with the team who wanted OJ...

Raps18-19 Champ
05-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Lakers get the 2nd pick and trade it for Love.

P&GRealist
05-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Hopefully, the bulls can a acquire him, we really need more competition in the east.
If DRose isn't healthy and sits out again, it won't even matter.