PDA

View Full Version : MLB Draft discussion

j-bay
05-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Thought I should post this with the draft coming up soon. The name I have seen being placed with the Sox the most is Derek Fisher (http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/derek_fisher_795474.html). I've seen him play before. He would have been a top 15 pick if it wasn't for injury.

Nomar
05-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Hope Gatewood falls to us due to a bad spring. Kid has so much offensive upside and would be a good defensive 3B

Nomar
05-18-2014, 12:40 PM
I just saw a mock that had us getting Braxton Davidson. That would be awesome. He's said to have a great hit tool and power tool. His knock is being too passive, which I think we can work with (if we learned from Lars Anderson). I'll take a middle of the order bat even if he has to move from OF to 1B.

RedSoxtober
05-19-2014, 08:48 AM
^^ Since we don't really have much in the minors at 1B that's not a bad thing at all.

Nomar
05-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Agreed RST. There's a pitcher that's fallen out of the top 5 because of TJS that could fall to our comp pick too. That would be awesome. I think his name is Beede but I'll confirm later.

j-bay
05-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Agreed RST. There's a pitcher that's fallen out of the top 5 because of TJS that could fall to our comp pick too. That would be awesome. I think his name is Beede but I'll confirm later.

Yes Tyler Beede out of Vandy.

j-bay
05-19-2014, 09:12 PM
http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2014/5/19/5731546/mlb-draft-2014-jonathan-mayo-mocks-tyler-beede-to-mariners

win red sox
05-19-2014, 10:23 PM

I think your thinking of jeff Hoffman, and I doubt he falls past Toronto.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Beede is free falling. While he hasn't had success this season, that's someone I'd love to sink right into the laps of Boston.

Nomar
05-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Beede is free falling. While he hasn't had success this season, that's someone I'd love to sink right into the laps of Boston.

Agreed

-Lavigne43-
05-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Beede was heavily linked to us in the 2011 draft, Jays took him before we could. Our system really needs an influx of hitters though. I'm unfamiliar with the players available, but I would like a high upside bat.

Nomar
05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
It's certainly an upside heavy draft, so it'll be up to our scouts in terms of finding the high upside bats to draft. But I still elect us to go highest value in spite of position, despite the fact that we need bats. I personally do trust our scouts.

A lot of prospects/players take 1000-1500 PAs to adjust, which isn't really an easy number of PAs to get in Boston. So a guy like JBJ may end up being a 3 or 4 WAR player, but we aren't willing to wait. Keep that in mind. Who's to say JBJ wouldn't break out in July? A break out offensively (especially from a rookie) could turn our season around, which is why I remain speculative on whether we should sell.

We're not playing well, but the great thing about baseball is that a team like us has time, I'm willing to wait a while before I throw in the towel personally.

win red sox
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM
would love to get Gatewood in the 1st and Davidson as the comp pick. The entire organization is void of power.

-Lavigne43-
05-25-2014, 10:41 PM
You pick the best player at the right price, but at the same time we have picked pitchers at an extreme rate the last 2 drafts. This has killed us in the lower minors, without the 2011 draft our position prospects would be pathetic. If a pitcher is clearly the best player available you take him. More likely there won't be one player significantly better than everyone else at the end of the round. We should be heavily scouting hitters.

bagwell368
05-27-2014, 05:20 AM
A lot of prospects/players take 1000-1500 PAs to adjust, which isn't really an easy number of PAs to get in Boston. So a guy like JBJ may end up being a 3 or 4 WAR player, but we aren't willing to wait.

3 WAR should be a lead pipe cinch, since he's about a 2.5 on D alone.

Keep that in mind. Who's to say JBJ wouldn't break out in July?

It's all mental and experience with him - nothing physical is wrong.

A break out offensively (especially from a rookie) could turn our season around, which is why I remain speculative on whether we should sell.

Sorry, no sale. We're playing .420 ball, we have to play .625 the rest of the year to get to 91 wins. Last year the Sox played .599 ball to get to 97 wins. .625 is 101.25 wins. It will take 5 guys having a massive turnaround to get anywhere near that.

We're not playing well, but the great thing about baseball is that a team like us has time, I'm willing to wait a while before I throw in the towel personally.

Sell

RedSoxtober
05-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Sorry, no sale. We're playing .420 ball, we have to play .625 the rest of the year to get to 91 wins. Last year the Sox played .599 ball to get to 97 wins. .625 is 101.25 wins. It will take 5 guys having a massive turnaround to get anywhere near that.

My fear is that they get on a little run that brings them back around .500 and no one in the East has broken from the pack. The pressure will be on to bring in "one more piece" to get over the hump but -- as -Lav- said -- this team is more than one fix from competitiveness. The only "buy" moves that I would consider would be guys that have 1.5+yrs left under club control.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-02-2014, 01:45 PM
would love to get Gatewood in the 1st and Davidson as the comp pick. The entire organization is void of power.

Gatewood shouldn't fall all the way to 26, if he does. I would jump on that bat. Braxton Davidson is another interesting prospect. Much like Chavis and a few others.

Nomar
06-02-2014, 02:40 PM
No way Davidson falls that far. And I doubt we'd take back to back HS bats.

I hope we don't go fisher

win red sox
06-02-2014, 06:22 PM
No way Davidson falls that far. And I doubt we'd take back to back HS bats.

I hope we don't go fisher

I haven't seen many mocks that have Davidson going in the first round, and Gatewood is all over the map. But it would be pretty fun to watch Gatewood, Davidson, Devers, Denney and Longhi come up together.

AI
06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm completely out of the loop with this years draft. Haven't been able to follow or read ANYTHING.

Nomar
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Davidson I've seen high as 17. I think he's a definite possibility at 26 but I think someone will take his power bat before the comp round. Who knows though, Gallo fell with even more power a couple years ago.

I like Gatewood too, high upside but probably more risk than Davidson. No way we take both even if we could though. It's just not our MO. I'd be absurdly shocked. And it could potentially bind us financially. I think we will prob go college bat and HS arm, though I would prefer an upside bat personally like Gatewood or Davidson.

win red sox
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Davidson I've seen high as 17. I think he's a definite possibility at 26 but I think someone will take his power bat before the comp round. Who knows though, Gallo fell with even more power a couple years ago.

I like Gatewood too, high upside but probably more risk than Davidson. No way we take both even if we could though. It's just not our MO. I'd be absurdly shocked. And it could potentially bind us financially. I think we will prob go college bat and HS arm, though I would prefer an upside bat personally like Gatewood or Davidson.

is there any college bat that your interested in? Do you think Louis Ortiz or Holmes will fall to us?

Nomar
06-02-2014, 10:50 PM
is there any college bat that your interested in? Do you think Louis Ortiz or Holmes will fall to us?

I've seen us connected to only Fisher so far that I can remember. Not thrilled about that. Another bat to watch with us is Gillaspie though. I don't think Holmes will be available, not too sure about Ortiz though (don't know enough to say).

RedSoxtober
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I haven't seen many mocks that have Davidson going in the first round, and Gatewood is all over the map. But it would be pretty fun to watch Gatewood, Davidson, Devers, Denney and Longhi come up together.

Anyone heard anything new on Denney?

j-bay
06-03-2014, 11:59 PM
I have seen Fedde as a guy people see the Sox drafting if he drops.

win red sox
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
BA's final mock draft has the Sox taking Freeland and Davidson. :clap:

win red sox
06-05-2014, 11:06 AM
BP's final mock draft has the Sox taking Blandino and Kopech.:(

RedSoxtober
06-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Summary of some late mock drafts at Bleacher Report here (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2085594-boston-red-sox-mock-draft-last-minute-picks-and-predictions).

Law/Callis have them in on Blandino at #26 (Fredde if he falls that far). Fisher, a former projection by the pair, is also mentioned.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't know anything about this draft, but I want high upside. We usually make a "high floor" safe pick with one of our first picks, but we don't need that with our depth. Plus with the new draft rules we only seem to sign one high upside guy after the first couple rounds, we need more than that.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Thank god I have Harold Reynolds to inform me about these players. When you have Jim Callis and John Manuel have them stand in the corner.

j-bay
06-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Nick Howard was avaliable?! I would have liked to see the Sox take him.

win red sox
06-05-2014, 09:08 PM
hope Cleveland doesn't screw the sox this year and take holmes.

j-bay
06-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Great pick!

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Jason Parks ‏@ProfessorParks 2m
#RedSox with the #want pick. Chavis has one of the best hit tools in the class. Smart pick.

win red sox
06-05-2014, 10:07 PM
safe pick.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
@SPChrisHatfield 1m
That would be TX HS RHP Michael Kopech. Touched 98 this spring per @BaseballAmerica

Odd pitching delivery, reminded me a little of Nomo.

C-ross12
06-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Great pick for the Sox on Kopech. Huge fan of his.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 10:21 PM
safe pick.

HS kid. I might be misinterpreting, but I don't think this is comparable to Vitek/Johnson/Marrero types

win red sox
06-05-2014, 10:24 PM
HS kid. I might be misinterpreting, but I don't think this is comparable to Vitek/Johnson/Marrero types

I meant that he got drafted where he was anticipated, solid tools but nothing plus. It will be more interesting if they try him at Catcher.

win red sox
06-05-2014, 10:28 PM
2 high school picks, which more than likely means they will go over slot. Limits the sox in the later rounds.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 10:31 PM
I meant that he got drafted where he was anticipated, solid tools but nothing plus. It will be more interesting if they try him at Catcher.
Ok. I know nothing about him, but the little I read on him made it sound like a high potential pick. People love his hit tool and think he has good power potential. Maybe a Swihart type? I like the position flexibility too.

Kopech sounds like a project, but 98 MPH is something exciting to dream about. Overall it seems like a good haul.

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Keith Law

Chavis was rumored to go as high as 16th to the Arizona Diamondbacks, and the Red Sox did very well to procure his services this late. He has one of the best hit tools in the draft and doesn't have much physical projection left. He should be able to provide at least above-average power from the right side at the hot corner. He didn't get the attention that Clint Frazier got last year, but in terms of offensive ability they aren't terribly far apart. Boston may have gotten the second best prep bat in the class behind Alex Jackson.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mlb-draft/post?id=1810

-Lavigne43-
06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
2 high school picks, which more than likely means they will go over slot. Limits the sox in the later rounds.

Yeah, at the same time our late round picks the last couple years that we actually had a chance at signing were not too exciting. I think you have to get these higher ceilings early now

win red sox
06-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Keith Law

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mlb-draft/post?id=1810

Like I said he's solid, but the gap between him and Jackson is huge. And I don't hate the pick, I just would have gone with more upside.

Station 13
06-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Jason Parks ‏@ProfessorParks 2m
#RedSox with the #want pick. Chavis has one of the best hit tools in the class. Smart pick.

Mechanics seems wicked as his routine is.

tc2deuce
06-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Very happy with our picks in the 1st round! Really excited about Chavis bc he just looks like a Major Leaguer already!

win red sox
06-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Toronto is having a monster draft.

win red sox
06-05-2014, 11:14 PM
If the Brewers can sign both Harrison and Gatewood along with Medeiros. What a draft haul.

JMP83
06-06-2014, 12:12 AM

I dunno, I think he's got a chance for a good plus hit tool. And probably borderline plus arm as well. I like the pick a lot. He's got deceptive upside. Some of the best bat speed in the high school ranks.

goshhhjosh
06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Thank god I have Harold Reynolds to inform me about these players. When you have Jim Callis and John Manuel have them stand in the corner.

Don't know if you follow them on Twitter, but check out Heard on MLB Tonight, pretty funny stuff. I wholeheartedly agree, Harold Reynolds is a joke!

Why do they even let him speak? His analysis is piss poor. I remember last year he said Appel will be in the Astro's rotation by last July. Ummm...he's currently in A+ ball.

I'll leave you with a couple of Harold Reynold-isms:

"You take a tour of that place (Wrigley) and it takes you back to when it was built hundreds of years ago."

"I wish we could explain what 99MPH looks like. Next time you're driving down the freeway, look out the window."

RedSoxtober
06-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Speier is pretty jacked up about the first three picks:

This is what it means to go for upside.

For the first time since 2002 (when the team struck it big with Jon Lester and then whiffed with Scott White), the Red Sox used each of their first two draft picks on high school players. With the first-round selections of infielder Michael Chavis and right-hander Michael Kopech, the team acquired players with the sort of defining upside tools that it almost never sees when picking (as the Sox do in most years) toward the back end of the first round.

Chavis is an infielder with what the Sox saw as uncommon power potential. Kopech, meanwhile, has the sort of elite fastball that rarely gets beyond the upper half of the first round. The upside possibility with both players was such that an organization that had in the recent past almost invariably followed a top high school pick with less risky college picks decided to swing big with back-to-back selections.

With their third and final pick of the draft's first day, the Sox selected another player with considerable power potential -- though this time at the college level -- in Indiana University first baseman Sam Travis.
Not entirely surprising since Speier and the SoxProspects guys often debut newly drafted players in the top ten but it's nice to hear that these guys seem to be more "high ceiling" than safe.

Speier's review of the each pick is here (http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2014/06/06/swinging-fences-red-sox-go-big-power-tools-top).

Chavis: Conversations among scouts who attended his games would drift to how unusual it was to see a player of Chavis' stature who could generate his kind of bat speed, with names like Jeff Bagwell and Kirby Puckett getting bandied about as examples of players who, while standing at less than 6 feet, could put a tremendous charge into a ball.

Kopech: "He's got a hell of an arm. Special arm. I don't know that I've ever scouted someone who's had this kind of arm strength," said one evaluator. "This guy can long toss from foul pole to foul pole before the game -- without a problem, without a crow hop. It's special. It's a special, elite type of arm."

BGeer091
06-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Wow I love the Draft so far. Add that to the rumored international pitchers and I'm even more excited about our future then before.

-Lavigne43-
06-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Hate to say it and it might be foolish ignorance, but I like Kopech better than Ball. Both are projects and Kopech sounds like he has more potential.

-Lavigne43-
06-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Don't know if you follow them on Twitter, but check out Heard on MLB Tonight, pretty funny stuff. I wholeheartedly agree, Harold Reynolds is a joke!

Why do they even let him speak? His analysis is piss poor. I remember last year he said Appel will be in the Astro's rotation by last July. Ummm...he's currently in A+ ball.

I'll leave you with a couple of Harold Reynold-isms:

"You take a tour of that place (Wrigley) and it takes you back to when it was built hundreds of years ago."

"I wish we could explain what 99MPH looks like. Next time you're driving down the freeway, look out the window."

It's frustrating that he has to be plastered over every baseball thing. I was hoping he would be off the MLBN when he got that FOX booth role, but no. Why do these networks love him so much and why does this guy work so damn much? I've seen him on MLB tonight at 1am. FOX has to be paying him a ton, why the hell is he still doing this other stuff

Station 13
06-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Retweeted by Alex Speier
MLB Draft Tracker @MLBDraftTracker 4m

3 (103): @RedSox select Seminole State RHP Edward Cosart.

RedSoxtober
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Hate to say it and it might be foolish ignorance, but I like Kopech better than Ball. Both are projects and Kopech sounds like he has more potential.

I'm not sure about potential (I have not read enough) but I do think that he has a better base from which to work.

RedSoxtober
06-06-2014, 05:12 PM
4 (134) RHP Kevin McAvoy, Bryant University (Jr)
5 (164) 1B Josh Ockimey, SS Neuman Goretti (PA) HS
6 (194) CF Danny Mars, Chipola College (J2)
7 (224) RHP Reed Rielly, Cal Poly -- San Luis Obispo (Sr)

Nomar
06-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Ockimey was supposed to be Travis' replacement at 1B for IU... Lol. He's a raw mammoth, could pay off big or he could be the next Perkins.

Nomar
06-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Like I said he's solid, but the gap between him and Jackson is huge. And I don't hate the pick, I just would have gone with more upside.

There weren't many prep bats with more upside than him that were worth the #26 pick. He could end up with two plus tools in hit/power, and he can play multiple positions. His speed is slightly above average too which will help his range, and he's got a good arm. That's already four above average tools even if you can't call them plus definitively. I really like him, and definitely think he has big upside.

Bos_Sports4Life
06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Red sox needed guys with power at the corner positions and they addressed that in a pretty big way imo. who knows if any of these guys will make it, but it's nice too see them go after some guys with power potential.

BostonSports96
06-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Am I late to the party? lol

This has already been discussed, I know, but I just want to say that I love the Sam Travis pick.

From what I've read, his body has almost no maturing left to do, and same with his tools as he has played 3 years at the college level. With not much room to grow, it makes him a highly projectable player and I hope that means he can progress through the minors in with relative ease in under 3 years.

Great power projection, and from the right side. I know some people were talking before the draft about how we don't have any "real" 1B prospects of note, and this guy looks like he'll be sticking at 1B throughout the minors, so I'm happy about that.

Also love the fact that he had a 94:93 K:BB ratio in his college career....phenomenal patience for a college level hitter.

Saw two articles compare him to Edwin Encarnacion.....:jumpy:

Nomar
06-06-2014, 08:28 PM

This has already been discussed, I know, but I just want to say that I love the Sam Travis pick.

From what I've read, his body has almost no maturing left to do, and same with his tools as he has played 3 years at the college level. With not much room to grow, it makes him a highly projectable player and I hope that means he can progress through the minors in with relative ease in under 3 years.

Great power projection, and from the right side. I know some people were talking before the draft about how we don't have any "real" 1B prospects of note, and this guy looks like he'll be sticking at 1B throughout the minors, so I'm happy about that.

Also love the fact that he had a 94:93 K:BB ratio in his college career....phenomenal patience for a college level hitter.

The article you're referring to compared him to Encarnacion but projected Travis to be a second division starter. He's not that projectable. Seems like another Travis shaw to me. Nothing wrong with that though.

Nomar
06-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Love the Whitson pick

Bos_Sports4Life
06-07-2014, 06:55 PM
The article you're referring to compared him to Encarnacion but projected Travis to be a second division starter. He's not that projectable. Seems like another Travis shaw to me. Nothing wrong with that though.

I'd hope his ceiling a bit higher than Shaw.

BCpatsox18
06-07-2014, 07:33 PM

His body and tools having no maturing left to do actually makes him much less projectable, thats one of the knocks on him

Nomar
06-07-2014, 07:58 PM
I'd hope his ceiling a bit higher than Shaw.

Maybe. I would say both of their ceilings are second division starters, with Travis being slightly better in the average department. No telling if he'll walk as much as shaw does though.

Bos_Sports4Life
06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Maybe. I would say both of their ceilings are second division starters, with Travis being slightly better in the average department. No telling if he'll walk as much as shaw does though.

Stupid question I should probably know, but what does "second division starter" mean" Ive heard scouts call players 1st div, 2nd div etc, just never good a good explanation. Thanks in advance!

Nomar
06-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Big names today to watch if we sign:
Whitson (SP former 9th overall pick had a horrible season coming back from shoulder surgery; very high ceiling),
Kemp (HS CF raw tool shed)
Matijevic (HS SS moving to 3B with upside in hit/power departments)
Beeks (lefty RP looks good though)
Shepherd (SP mid to back rotation)
Fisher (HS C, defense first but has raw power)

@jimcallisMLB: Favorite 15th-rd pick: @RedSox get Calif HS OF Trenton Kemp. WR w/VG speed, has power potential, Fresno St commit. @MLBDraft

@MattHuegelSP: SS J.J. Matijevic, taken in 22nd round by #RedSox, is an advanced bat for HS, likely to move to 3B, possibly 1B down the line. Tough sign.

@MattHuegelSP: #RedSox select catcher Devon Fisher in 20th round. Tough sign, strong defensive catcher with power potential, but questions with bat.

-Lavigne43-
06-08-2014, 01:52 PM
List of players we took in the BA top 500/PG top 300

1-26: Michael Chavis, SS (BA: 26, PG: 20)
1-33: Michael Kopech, RHP (BA: 37, PG: 48)
2-66: Sam Travis, 1B (BA: 56, PG: 66)
3-103: Jake Cosart, RHP (BA: 97, PG: 102)
6-194: Danny Mars, CF (BA: 338, PG: 200)
7-224: Reed Reilly, RHP (BA: 181, PG: 229)
8-254: Ben Moore, C (BA: 315)
11-344: Karsten Whitson, RHP (BA: 290, PG: 140)
12-374: Jalen Beeks, LHP (BA: 125)
13-404: Chandler Shepherd, RHP (BA: 372, PG: 286)
15-464: Trenton Kemp, CF (BA: 337)
20-614: Devon Fisher, C (BA: 194, PG: 177)
21-644: Ian Rice, C (BA: 303)
22-674: J.J. Matijevic, SS (BA: 180, PG: 144)
26-794: Ryan Harris, RHP (PG: 189)
28-854: David Peterson, LHP (PG: 223)
29-884: Josh Pennington, RHP (BA: 401)
30-914: Jeren Kendall, CF (BA: 88, PG: 92)
32-974: Case Rolen, RHP (PG: 298)
33-1004: Luis Alvarado, RF (BA: 493)

http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/06/2014-draft-recap-how-red-sox-picks.html

Nomar
06-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Really want to see Kemp and Matijevic signed.

Whitson participated in senior day activities at Florida. I'd say he's a safe bet for anyone wondering.

Bos_Sports4Life
06-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Jaren Kendall would be a nice sign, but I have my doubts on that happening.

Really like the whitson pick and overall really like the route they went with this draft. They drafted power which is missing from the minors and they seemed to take more high ceiling/low floor players than usual, which I like. Nothing wrong with the "safe" pick, But I love some of these guys ceilings.

celticsman2009
06-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I was an intern during the 2012 summer for the Keene Swamp Bats of the NECBL and Kevin McAvoy (4th round pick) was on the team. He was a good pitcher but maxed out maybe at 90. I'm very surprised he was selected in the 4th round. He wasn't even in the top 500 of Baseball America.

-Lavigne43-
06-08-2014, 06:59 PM
The MLB draft doesn't work like the other drafts where the better prospects get picked in earlier rounds. The Red Sox drafted him because they probably have a deal with him where he will sign well below the slotted amount for that 4th round pick. The money they save will be used to sign other picks. It's a stupid system.

Nomar
06-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Yeah the system is way too weird.

Love this draft style. Not our norm at all, wonder if there was a change in philosophy or if this is a one year deal.

RedSoxtober
06-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Stupid question I should probably know, but what does "second division starter" mean" Ive heard scouts call players 1st div, 2nd div etc, just never good a good explanation. Thanks in advance!

As I understand it, a "first division" team is a team like the Red Sox, Yankees, etc. Consistent playoff contenders who often have big payrolls to fund the system. A "second division" is more like CIN, MIL, and maybe TBR -- teams who occasionally make the playoffs but tend to ebb and flow from year to year.

Feel free to correct me if my understanding is off.

Nomar
06-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Matijevic's favorite team growing up was the Sox. So that could be going for us. He's an Arizona recruit. Would be a huge sign along Kemp IMO.