05-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Didn't think he would give up that fast

http://usat.ly/1n7n6yy

Stunner
05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Knicks running out of options

JesusNYY_Savior
05-17-2014, 10:33 AM
He was never an option on ny. Dont think he had many suitors was a good choice for him. Saves alot of embarrassment

Iron24th
05-17-2014, 10:53 AM
#coward

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2014, 10:56 AM
That's how tainted he was? Dayum

JC_
05-17-2014, 11:12 AM
He probably likes commentating more, which isn't surprising considering how much effort he put into coaching only to get thrown under the bus lol.

Teeboy1487
05-17-2014, 11:35 AM
#HandsDownManDown

ManningToTyree
05-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Knicks running out of options he was never an option.

ManningToTyree
05-17-2014, 11:39 AM
He will get another opportunity if he wants. There just isn't an appealing position where he fits currently

jamesdiego
05-17-2014, 12:02 PM
He should of been on the Knicks list. Whom on that list is better qualified? Rambis?? gtfo Phil is really looking bad so far

*Superman*
05-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Mama, there goes that man!

Stunner
05-17-2014, 12:16 PM
he was never an option.

Rumor yesterday he might be if they missed out on Fisher and Melo wanted Mark Jackson

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Smart

#SwaGG

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Taking over for Jeff, cause he's coming to NY ;)

Crackadalic
05-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Mama there goes that man

nycericanguy
05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't get where this idea comes from that MJ was such a great coach. What exactly did he accomplish?

GSW won 51 games this year and that's great and all, but what coach wouldn't win 50+ games with Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut, Barnes, Iggy... He had a TON of talent to work with and Bogut even stayed healthy for 70 games this year.

Coaches are deemed bad or good too easily in this league... just like Doc... I mean Doc had an AWFUL record until he fell into prime KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen... then all of a sudden he was a good coach? Quite frankly with those 4 stars in their primes, BOS should have won more than 1 chip.

Now he's in LA with CP3, Blake, DJ, Reddick, Crawford... just tons of talent from top to bottom... and can't even make it out of the 2nd round.

b_russ
05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Too bad, because I don't think we really know how good of a coach he was. The Warriors have one of the most talented rosters in the league that would make it difficult to see them fail. In another position we could dismiss all the premature determinations of how good a coach he is. Is he the type of coach that can unite a locker room and improve team defense and chemistry? Or is he a just a glorified cheerleader full of motivating catchphrases? I think going out like this allows him to save face as this potential legend that will automatically lead people to believe that he was better than we ever really knew.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Rumor yesterday he might be if they missed out on Fisher and Melo wanted Mark Jackson

Melo is not calling the shots in NY. It's Phil Jackson. If Melo wants to stay, Phil said he would love it. If not, then Phil would just go on without him in rebuilding this team with more capspace post 2015 when Amare comes off the books. (and maybe even Chandler, haven't checked his contract status yet).

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, this takes Mark Jackson out of the possibility of both Laker and Knicks head coaching gigs.

Bruno
05-17-2014, 01:35 PM
good. i like him best in the booth with JVG.

archdevil84
05-17-2014, 01:44 PM
is that with mike breen and JFG?

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Don't know who JFG is, but yes, Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy (JVG)

xxplayerxx23
05-17-2014, 02:56 PM
He should of been on the Knicks list. Whom on that list is better qualified? Rambis?? gtfo Phil is really looking bad so far

:laugh: please. If you have no idea on anything don't post. Phil looks bad because Kerr too more money to stay close to home? Phil looks bad because he won't go after mark jackson? A known piece of garbage who has no offensive sets? Woodson 2.0? Yeah Phil looks terrible. The Triangle is a system run by him that has had success he will hire fisher or shaw if he gets out of his contract. People think he as many options we aren't even done with the season, hopefully he can stick
Bargs with Tyson to a team like Dallas.

lol, please
05-17-2014, 04:25 PM
He will get another opportunity if he wants. There just isn't an appealing position where he fits currently

Basically this.

I love Mark Jackson and will miss him, he will contribute to success wherever he goes.

still1ballin
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
hand down man down

Deception
05-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Didn't he agree to a multiyear extension right before GS hired him?

Lakers + Giants
05-17-2014, 06:07 PM
good. i like him best in the booth with JVG.

:nod:

TrueFan420
05-17-2014, 07:14 PM
:laugh: please. If you have no idea on anything don't post. Phil looks bad because Kerr too more money to stay close to home? Phil looks bad because he won't go after mark jackson? A known piece of garbage who has no offensive sets? Woodson 2.0? Yeah Phil looks terrible. The Triangle is a system run by him that has had success he will hire fisher or shaw if he gets out of his contract. People think he as many options we aren't even done with the season, hopefully he can stick
Bargs with Tyson to a team like Dallas.

I think your mistake but I could be wrong. Kerr took less money (believe 5-10 million less) but got the year length that he wanted (5). While staying close to home and not having to up root his family which would make up that money gain in the long run anyway.

TrueFan420
05-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Basically this.

I love Mark Jackson and will miss him, he will contribute to success wherever he goes.
Remains to be seen but I wish him good luck none the less

Avenged
05-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Don't know who JFG is, but yes, Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy (JVG)

Egucated you are

effen5
05-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Basically this.

Which is ****in insane because both Lakers and knick jobs are open. No offense I see zero appeal with the knicks but usually there is some appeal with the lakers..

Saddletramp
05-18-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't get where this idea comes from that MJ was such a great coach. What exactly did he accomplish?

GSW won 51 games this year and that's great and all, but what coach wouldn't win 50+ games with Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut, Barnes, Iggy... He had a TON of talent to work with and Bogut even stayed healthy for 70 games this year.

Coaches are deemed bad or good too easily in this league... just like Doc... I mean Doc had an AWFUL record until he fell into prime KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen... then all of a sudden he was a good coach? Quite frankly with those 4 stars in their primes, BOS should have won more than 1 chip.

Now he's in LA with CP3, Blake, DJ, Reddick, Crawford... just tons of talent from top to bottom... and can't even make it out of the 2nd round.

My thoughts exactly.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Reports are the Cavs weren't interested in Jackson either

ThaDubs
05-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Mfw Steve Kerr will become a commentator again after his GS tenure

ThaDubs
05-18-2014, 12:22 PM
MJ brought us to the second round and game 6 against the Spurs without our only all-star.

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 02:22 PM
I think your mistake but I could be wrong. Kerr took less money (believe 5-10 million less) but got the year length that he wanted (5). While staying close to home and not having to up root his family which would make up that money gain in the long run anyway.

Rumor has it phil offered 3 years 14 mill and was willing to go 4 but not 5. He didn't take less money, if they offered 5 years 30 he would be here IMO

Meaze_Gibson
05-18-2014, 02:22 PM

No one said he is a great coach but he is a good one. He has developed Klay thompson very well as a defender and even as an occasional post player, something that was not in his college scouting report. He has developed Curry into the 2nd best pg in the NBA. He has developed draymond green as one of the most versatile roe players in the nba. He has taken teams with significant injuries (Lee, Bogut) into the playoffs where they overachieved rather than underachieved.. IMO he has outcoached George Karl in a series, he outcoached Doc in this past series and even gave Pop a run for his money with an injured Curry and Lee last year.

The elevators play, the improved defense, and the ball movement by the bigs in the post prove that he is more than motivational coach. I believe his religious beliefs are a worry for big city teams like ny and la but don't let the media fool you. He may not be a great coach (we only have three great coaches currently in NBA) but he is a good one.

effen5
05-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Rumor has it phil offered 3 years 14 mill and was willing to go 4 but not 5. He didn't take less money, if they offered 5 years 30 he would be here IMO

I'm sure Phil is open to offering 5 (same length as his own contract) I bet it was Dolan who nixed it.

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm sure Phil is open to offering 5 (same length as his own contract) I bet it was Dolan who nixed it.

You'd bet wrong according too bunch of sources.

Stunner
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Lol Mark already on ESPN today

TrueFan420
05-18-2014, 04:14 PM
MJ brought us to the second round and game 6 against the Spurs without our only all-star.

Our only all-star that year was also our 3rd most important player on the team behind Curry and Bogut.

Mfw Steve Kerr will become a commentator again after his GS tenure

Good god fans like you are really starting to piss me off. MJ is no longer a warrior like or not get over it. I didn't like him but still hoped we'd succeed under him. Like Kerr or not he's now a warrior. Comments like this are dumb. And if ya boy MJ was such a great coach then why after all he's done with the warriors is it reported that a lot of teams were not interested yet multiple teams are/were interested in Kerr who just had one year as a GM and zero as a coach.

TrueFan420
05-18-2014, 04:16 PM

Link?

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Link?

It's on twitter and in Knicks forum. Also was on psd home page. And then the normal trolling from frank isola.

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2014, 04:27 PM
I don't get the love affair with Jackson as a coach. I'm sorry I don't find no offensive system/sets coaches to be good.

KnicksorBust
05-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Good for him. I like him as an announcer and I bet he could use 2-3 years to recharge his batteries and find a great opening for him to get back in.

slashsnake
05-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Link?

I heard the same thing on ESPN radio yesterday. That the Warriors offered more years than the Knicks were going to, and that other teams had offered more money than Golden State.

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:34 PM
It is good to have him back, I have always enjoyed his catch phrases.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
He was really good today, it's like he didn't even miss a beat. Totally in sync with JVG and Breen. More of Jackson means having to hear less of BReen, and that's always a plus!