PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams opting out: Best landing spots?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2014, 09:31 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/mo-williams-will-opt-out-of-his-contract-304981.html

He may end up staying with Portland, who knows.

But there are a few teams who could use him.

If he doesn't mind coming off the bench, I think the Thunder, the Spurs and the Pacers could all use a guy like him, and the Heat as well (he loves James).

If he wants to start, I think his best option is Detroit. He may be able to start in Miami, granted, but it would be a small role. In Detroit he'd be the primary ball handler.

The Knicks could also use him.

He's a decent ball handler with a good 3pt shot.

Thoughts?

OlivaThor
05-17-2014, 09:35 AM
I donīt want him in Pistons uniform .. He should join his buddy Lebron

RateSports
05-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Heat.

MonroeFAN
05-17-2014, 09:39 AM
No thanks from Detroit. I would bring him in as a hired gun, but certainly not as a primary ball handler.

MagicBucsSox
05-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Lmao seriously? A mo Williams thread?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Lmao seriously? A mo Williams thread?

He is a former all-star who posted 14 points and 6 assists per36 this year, has a .385 career 3pt percentage and was a key player off the bench for the Trailblazers.

Why not?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I donīt want him in Pistons uniform .. He should join his buddy Lebron

There may not be a lot of options at the point.

If we'd had him instead of Jennings, the Pistons would have likely made the playoffs this year.

He would certainly be an improvement over what we got.

OlivaThor
05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
There may not be a lot of options at the point.

If we'd had him instead of Jennings, the Pistons would have likely made the playoffs this year.

He would certainly be an improvement over what we got.

What? Youīre saying that swapping him and Jennings would make us better by 9 wins? Iīm not saying that Mo is trash or nothing like that but i just want him on the Pistons roster with big role.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:24 PM
I agree, just go rejoin his Cavs buddy in Miami and ring chase.

nycericanguy
05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
I agree, just go rejoin his Cavs buddy in Miami and ring chase.

Could def see that, he's also a good triangle fit with his shooting ability. So if he wants to play big minutes again and start I could see him going to NY.

bleedprple&gold
05-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Wow if he leaves the Blazers their bench goes from awful to deplorable.

Method28
05-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Maybe Portland would be open to taking Jamal Crawford with Mo gone.

WITZ
05-17-2014, 01:53 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/mo-williams-will-opt-out-of-his-contract-304981.html

He may end up staying with Portland, who knows.

But there are a few teams who could use him.

If he doesn't mind coming off the bench, I think the Thunder, the Spurs and the Pacers could all use a guy like him, and the Heat as well (he loves James).

If he wants to start, I think his best option is Detroit. He may be able to start in Miami, granted, but it would be a small role. In Detroit he'd be the primary ball handler.

The Knicks could also use him.

He's a decent ball handler with a good 3pt shot.

Thoughts?

Did something change, because last I remember of them to interacting was James going up to shake Mo's hand and Mo gave him the cold shoulder.

flea
05-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Wow if he leaves the Blazers their bench goes from awful to deplorable.

I doubt McCollum is a big dropoff. Mo Williams has been pretty worthless for a few years. He can shoot but that's it, and he's 6 foot nothing.

IndyRealist
05-17-2014, 02:11 PM
He is a former all-star who posted 14 points and 6 assists per36 this year, has a .385 career 3pt percentage and was a key player off the bench for the Trailblazers.

Why not?

He's moderately above average on 3's but significantly below average on 2's, and he doesn't shoot a large proportion of 3's to compensate (just about average for a guard). He gets to the free throw line at approximately half the rate of an average guard. He's also turnover prone and foul prone, and does not generate much in the way of possessions. Granted I didn't see him play a lot this year, but given his previous years he's a guy who gets overrated because he does everything slightly below average, but takes a crap ton of shots. Pass.

MagicBucsSox
05-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Why not?
All star? Lmaooooo he made it as a replacement for Jameer Nelson and then Chris Bosh. Stop that.

CHANGO
05-17-2014, 03:35 PM
He can be a good fit in Miami. If he wants to join Lebron he doesn't have to run the point.

Htownballa1622
05-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Out of the league.

Minimal
05-17-2014, 06:22 PM
No way Miami signs him, Chalmers is better than him first of all, he is a bad defender, and he has a tendency to choke in the playoffs as I remember, he doesn't fit Miami at all.

SugeKnight
05-17-2014, 06:29 PM
I would love to have him as Curry's backup

Asik's better
05-17-2014, 07:23 PM
No way Miami signs him, Chalmers is better than him first of all, he is a bad defender, and he has a tendency to choke in the playoffs as I remember, he doesn't fit Miami at all.

And he's a ****** teammate.

akesh99
05-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Could def see him suiting up for NYK. Not a lot of teams come to mind as needing a PG as bad as them.

Saddletramp
05-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Did something change, because last I remember of them to interacting was James going up to shake Mo's hand and Mo gave him the cold shoulder.

He'll change his tune real quick if LeBron sees him again.

We don't need a thread on Mo ****ing Williams. Stop making stupid posts.

DitchDat
05-18-2014, 01:06 PM
he's a nice sparkplug, but the market for him could be very small

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 01:08 PM
I'd like to see him in Brooklyn if we are unable to re-sign Livingston