PDA

View Full Version : Fans Outside of Miami....Who Are You Rooting For?

Tony_Starks
05-16-2014, 11:57 PM
So outside of MIA obviously a lot of our teams are out. So now what? Who do you prefer to see win?

I'm rollin with OKC. KD is NICE as is Russ, plus he's from Cali so that's good enough for me.

HoodedSB
05-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Pacers. I couldn't root for another western conference team, hell I'd root for miami over the thunder or the spurs.

Cal827
05-17-2014, 12:16 AM
San Antonio, see Duncan get one more before his end.

**** OKC. They don't deserve to be there in the first place lolol

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Spurs. Funny cuz I couldn't ****in stand them in their prime

goingfor28
05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
In order:
Pacers
Spurs
Thunder
Heat

LAKobeBryant
05-17-2014, 12:19 AM
idunno why but i had flashbacks of fans leaving the game 6 last year when i read the title

Bostonjorge
05-17-2014, 12:22 AM
In order

Pacers
Thunder
Spurs

That's it

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:22 AM
The Heat. Whatever team LeBron is on I want to win the next 3-5 years, so his haters can shut the **** up.

I seriously was indifferent to him until I joined this site. And while I wasn't a Kobe fan per say, I started hating him because I joined this site.

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2014, 12:28 AM
The Spurs, so that Kobephiles will have to stop relying on a ring-count to say Kobe > Duncan and actually come up with an argument based on basketball.

Hotone1401
05-17-2014, 12:35 AM
The Heat. Whatever team LeBron is on I want to win the next 3-5 years, so his haters can shut the **** up.

I seriously was indifferent to him until I joined this site. And while I wasn't a Kobe fan per say, I started hating him because I joined this site.

Basically anybody but the Heat. I used to be a fan of Lebron and D-WAde but after being on PSD I've grown to hate the Heat. I guess all the flopping by them and constant disrespect for Kobe by their fan base has really gotten to me. I just want people to shut the **** up already.

I actually really liked Lebron and still respect his athletic ability a lot. But all the bias comments by the sudden increase of trolls in their fan base have made PSD change for the worst.

xxplayerxx23
05-17-2014, 12:38 AM
I want
Thunder
Spurs
Heat
Indy

Hotone1401
05-17-2014, 12:39 AM
The Spurs, so that Kobephiles will have to stop relying on a ring-count to say Kobe > Duncan and actually come up with an argument based on basketball.

It's not the rings. It's the fact that Spurs fans love to credit how much Kobe was helped by Shaq, Phil, and Gasol but they never agknowledge how important it was for Timmy to be drafted by a great veteran team, play in Pop's system, have the same championship core of Parker & Ginobli for over the last decade.

Also, Kobe has always owned Duncan and the Spurs. Head to head matchups have an impact in deciding and even though they didn't play the same position they were both on the same floor and Kobe has always been more impactful throughout their careers.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Basically anybody but the Heat. I used to be a fan of Lebron and D-WAde but after being on PSD I've grown to hate the Heat. I guess all the flopping by them and constant disrespect for Kobe by their fan base has really gotten to me. I just want people to shut the **** up already.

I actually really liked Lebron and still respect his athletic ability a lot. But all the bias comments by the sudden increase of trolls in their fan base have made PSD change for the worst.

I hear ya brother. It sucks honestly. This site, and honestly, many people walking around with their stupid opinions they have, ended up shaping who I pull for and hate way more than in a perfect world where I make my decisions without influence. I mean, look at your Kobe fan base too. They have had a lot of posters who are so god damned annoying, and complete trolls, they have done the same for your guy.

But, in 15 years, it won't matter. I will not have the hatred for Kobe I have had for the last 10 years, and I will again be indifferent to LeBron, and be able to step back at a 10,000 foot level and appreciate I was able to watch them both.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:47 AM
It's not the rings. It's the fact that Spurs fans love to credit how much Kobe was helped by Shaq, Phil, and Gasol but they never agknowledge how important it was for Timmy to be drafted by a great veteran team, play in Pop's system, have the same championship core of Parker & Ginobli for over the last decade.

Also, Kobe has always owned Duncan and the Spurs. Head to head matchups have an impact in deciding and even though they didn't play the same position they were both on the same floor and Kobe has always been more impactful throughout their careers.

I would like to add I always have been consistent that they BOTH have had dream scenarios :)

*Superman*
05-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Spurs. Gotta feel for them about last year. That was brutal.

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Heat. Like LeBron, hate the people ***** about him constantly, and there's no way I'm rooting for another team from the West.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:08 AM

So you're one of those little kids that gets easily influenced by the masses of others?

Interesting. Hhmmm...

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:09 AM

Kobe already won more head2head playoff competitions against Duncan, so that's already a moot point.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Thunder
Pacers
Spurs

in that order for me.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM
So you're one of those little kids that gets easily influenced by the masses of others?

Interesting. Hhmmm...

I am 38. No, I just didn't understand the hate for LeBron. He was getting A-Rod/Tiger hate. Those are despicable humans. LeBron is not. It made me start pulling for him. Especially when I knew we were watching a top 2-3 talent ever, and he was being cast aside like a loser.

As for Kobe, I ran into Kobephiles that are so ignorant to the sport in general, they are simply way too much to take, so it took my dislike for Kobe to a new level.

Luke_K77bear
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Thunder
Pacers
Spurs

in that order for me.

Totally!!!

Anyone but Heat

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:14 AM

Interesting. Hhmmm...

Little kid? Seems like you're one of 'those guys' who takes others' opinions of Kobe Bryant a little too personally...

I'd bet a $100k he doesn't swing that way, buddy.

P&GRealist
I am 38. No, I just didn't understand the hate for LeBron. He was getting A-Rod/Tiger hate. Those are despicable humans. LeBron is not. It made me start pulling for him. Especially when I knew we were watching a top 2-3 talent ever, and he was being cast aside like a loser.

As for Kobe, I ran into Kobephiles that are so ignorant to the sport in general, they are simply way too much to take, so it took my dislike for Kobe to a new level.

Don't let the masses affect you man.

P&GRealist
Little kid? Seems like you're one of 'those guys' who takes others' opinions of Kobe Bryant a little too personally...

I'd bet a $100k he doesn't swing that way, buddy.

He and I are having a conversation.

Who the fock are you?!

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 01:15 AM
PG, look at this thread. There are already multiple answers that read, "ANYONE BUT THE HEAT!", with no mention of another team.

This is exactly what I speak of. LeBron still gets so much hate. At least the general masses have gradually accepted his greatness. But I really want to see him pound it home so even his biggest haters have no option but to admit his greatness.

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:17 AM
He and I are having a conversation.

Who the fock are you?!

haha my assumption was right!

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:17 AM
PG, look at this thread. There are already multiple answers that read, "ANYONE BUT THE HEAT!", with no mention of another team.

This is exactly what I speak of. LeBron still gets so much hate. At least the general masses have gradually accepted his greatness. But I really want to see him pound it home so even his biggest haters have no option but to admit his greatness.

They have their opinions. Let them.

I don't want to see Miami win again. I want to see someone different win it. And for that reason, I also don't want to see San Antonio win it.

Give me Durant or Paul George looking for their first chip. Would be a wonderful story. Especially if KD can get scoring title, league mvp and finals mvps all in same yr.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:23 AM
haha my assumption was right!

My mother always used to say, if you take the first 3 letters of the word assume, that's what people who assume in life actually are.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Don't let the masses affect you man.

Too late. And really, if I never joined this site, I probably wouldn't care either way. I never liked Kobe, always liked watching LeBron. And then I came here, and ran into Kobephiles, and most hated LeBron (this is pre-Heat days).

It was too annoying to pass up...

Ebbs
05-17-2014, 01:25 AM

This, I want to have grown up watching the GOAT.

You should see the kobephiles on twitter, it's like PSD ***** on steroids.

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:26 AM
My mother always used to say, if you take the first 3 letters of the word assume, that's what people who assume in life actually are.

wait...like assuming someones age based on 3 sentences? nice one, mom!

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 01:30 AM

You know what, I could actually respect the bias and trolling from actual Heat fans. It's like ok you're repping your team, your guy, and at least your winning. That's all good, that's like when the Celts fans were hating on the Lakers. Much respect.

But for any other fan base who the hell are you and what exactly has your team or best player accomplished to put yourself even in close proximity to hate?

JdKing7
05-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Gotta go with OKC. Would like to see Durant get a ring. If not OKC then I'll go with the Pacers.

JLynn943
The Heat, even though I'd be okay with the Spurs too just because they've been so good for so long.

I just hate all the constant LeBron bashing by Lakers/Kobe fans on this site. For the sake of PSD, LeBron needs to win. Why so many people care so much about LeBron that they feel the need to create threads/posts criticizing him every day is baffling. He's too much a part of their lives. He's great. Get over it.

All of the baseless criticism has only led me to root for him to continue to prove all of his detractors wrong.

Tony_Starks

Keep it real, if this thread was done amidst one of Lakers multiple back to backs most of the answers would be "anybody but the Lakers!"

Comes with being the champs man, that's par for the course....

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 01:38 AM
Keep it real, if this thread was done amidst one of Lakers multiple back to backs most of the answers would be "anybody but the Lakers!"

Comes with being the champs in the social media age....

Kobe never got the hate LeBron did. Never. You will absolutely disagree with me, but that is what happens when you win 3 rings super early. You get a pass on the ridiculous amount of hate LeBron got for years.

I will say, since ring 1 for him, it has evened out. But my views had already been formed by then.

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:41 AM
You know what, I could actually respect the bias and trolling from actual Heat fans. It's like ok you're repping your team, your guy, and at least your winning. That's all good, that's like when the Celts fans were hating on the Lakers. Much respect.

But for any other fan base who the hell are you and what exactly has your team or best player accomplished to put yourself even in close proximity to hate?

well to put it in perspective for you, most people don't hate the Lakers because of what they do, it's rather what their fans do. Personally, I don't feel that way, but I can understand where they're coming from when there is a barrage of blind love and support for Kobe by a lot of Lakers fans. Even further than that, some Lakers fans seem to put themselves on a pedestal because of the history of the franchise. I understand that they did great things in the past, but that was the past and has little to no relevance in most arguments presented on this website, rather it's a bragging piece for Lakers fans to hold on to while their team is struggling.

as for me I don't like the Lakers cuz they have beaten the Nuggets in the playoffs a few times. I feel like that's reason enough haha

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Lakers

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 01:44 AM
Kobe never got the hate LeBron did. Never. You will absolutely disagree with me, but that is what happens when you win 3 rings super early. You get a pass on the ridiculous amount of hate LeBron got for years.

I will say, since ring 1 for him, it has evened out. But my views had already been formed by then.

The hate I saw Kobe get post Shaq exit is the most I have seen, probably will ever see, in my life. And still persist to this day. He's won two rings since and the haters last resort is still "but he ran Shaq outta town....Pau Gasol won the other two rings....blah blah blah."

Lebron got mad hated on that's for sure but he also got love right out the gate until he ditched Cleveland. Kobe was considered just a selfish punk from day 1 and by many haters to this very day, despite accomplishments.

Lebron hasn't set any precedents on hate bro, trust me....

Supreme LA
05-17-2014, 01:48 AM

The hate for the Heat mainly by most fans is really due to the sudden increase of trolls from their fan base. I don't see how anybody can hold anything against Lebron personally aside from his flopping. I'm sure everyone respects his game. I just think nobody likes their obnoxious bandwagon fan base.

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 01:49 AM
well to put it in perspective for you, most people don't hate the Lakers because of what they do, it's rather what their fans do. Personally, I don't feel that way, but I can understand where they're coming from when there is a barrage of blind love and support for Kobe by a lot of Lakers fans. Even further than that, some Lakers fans seem to put themselves on a pedestal because of the history of the franchise. I understand that they did great things in the past, but that was the past and has little to no relevance in most arguments presented on this website, rather it's a bragging piece for Lakers fans to hold on to while their team is struggling.

as for me I don't like the Lakers cuz they have beaten the Nuggets in the playoffs a few times. I feel like that's reason enough haha

Lol! Fair enough man. You guys gave us a nice series one of Melo's last seasons though.....

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 01:49 AM
The hate I saw Kobe get post Shaq exit is the most I have seen, probably will ever see, in my life. And still persist to this day. He's won two rings since and the haters last resort is still "but he ran Shaq outta town....Pau Gasol won the other two rings....blah blah blah."

Lebron got mad hated on that's for sure but he also got love right out the gate until he ditched Cleveland. Kobe was considered just a selfish punk from day 1 and by many haters to this very day, despite accomplishments.

Lebron hasn't set any precedents on hate bro, trust me....

for his first 3 years, sure. Then it was "why can't he win", and the hate set in with more force than Kobe has ever gotten. Period. He was on A-Rod level, because everyone was being told he was at MJ level playing wise, but hadn't won anything. And that was true, but with no context. His teams sucked around him.

But, as I said, once he finally won, the hatred died down mostly, and the only ones left are crazy Kobe fans that are backed into a corner now and will do anything possible to protect their guy. Most rational Laker fans, and fans in general, realize what they have been watching now. A top 3 talent ever, who will climb into the top 5 for sure unless a train hits him.

WadeCounty
05-17-2014, 01:51 AM
Although it obviously says no heat fans, here is my list:

1. Heat of course :)
2. Spurs, they deserve it
3. Indiana, meh -_-

I'm tired of all the coverage Durant keeps getting, want this hype machine to shut off already, Houston and Clippers were unfortunately eliminated the 2 west teams I was rooting for :\

cmellofan15
yeah, well I was a little disappointed with Melo in that series. Chauncey helped a bunch but it seemed like Melo and JR wanted to lose us that series. Just good knowing that we lost to the eventual champions haha

Hawkeye15
The hate for the Heat mainly by most fans is really due to the sudden increase of trolls from their fan base. I don't see how anybody can hold anything against Lebron personally aside from his flopping. I'm sure everyone respects his game. I just think nobody likes their obnoxious bandwagon fan base.

yeah, I can get that dude. And regarding flopping, I get it. But the game has become that way, because the NBA has allowed it to.

Look, there is no way a 6'9", 278 lb man, is getting knocked nearly over by a hip check or reach. Yes, he flops. But so does the majority of stars now. If not all of them. Can't blame him for taking advantage of the flop movement haha.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:54 AM

Lebron hasn't set any presidents on hate bro, trust me....

precedence.

but yes, everything you said was point on.

People forget how much hate Kobe got for the following reasons:

1) Coming out of HS and not listening to the elders
2) tiffs with Shaq and Phil
3) "running" Shaq out of town and snitching on him
4) rape case
5) trade me/dont trade me tirade of 2007
6) they should ship Bynum's *** outta town for JKidd
7) called selfish ball hog
8) crucified after the 3 air balls in utah
9) crucified after the 04 finals
10) crucified for game 7 against phx in 2006, especially publicly by Chuck on Inside the NBA, which warranted Kobe having to come on Inside the week later to defend himself.
11) looked down upon for marrying a latina
12) looked down upon for saying in the 01 finals that he was gonna cut philly's heart out
13) couldn't get along with Dwight
14) the fact that he didn't deserve his MVP and it was labeled as a lifetime achievement award
15) shaq carried him/couldn't do without him tell me how my *** tastes
16) pau was the real 2010 finals mvp
17) Anytime Kobe was praised...oh but TMac was better
18) Anytime Kobe was praised...oh but Iverson was better
19) Anytime Kobe was praised...oh but Vince Carter was better
20) Karl Malone/Vanessa tiff, he still came out looking bad from that situation
21) the fact he was already being compared to Michael (98 all star game in NY)
22) league kept suspending him for inadvertent elbows when now, it takes a closed fist to warrant a suspension.
23) guys like Reggie Miller, Vince and Chris Childs were picking fights with Kobe with the haters wanting to see his *** get taken down
24) the league fining him a ridiculous 100k for calling a ref a ****in ****** out of frustration. Guys have made racial and gay slurs after that and the most they've gotten fined is like 25-50k. Nobody has exceeded or met that 100k figure as of yet.
25) Phil's tendency to make $$$$$ off of negative publicity off of Kobe in his books

This is just some of many that I can list.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:57 AM
yeah, I can get that dude. And regarding flopping, I get it. But the game has become that way, because the NBA has allowed it to.

Look, there is no way a 6'9", 278 lb man, is getting knocked nearly over by a hip check or reach. Yes, he flops. But so does the majority of stars now. If not all of them. Can't blame him for taking advantage of the flop movement haha.
But the guy you have learned to loathe certainly doesn't, and even you have to admit that he, Duncan, KG are of the old school generation that don't take a liking to that flopping shiite

Bostonjorge
05-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Indy for what they stand for. The super team killer.

OKC for Durant the best player all year.

Spurs for better then nothing.

That's it

NYKNYGNYY
05-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Thunder
Spurs
Indiana
That's it

Nothin against Miami fans but I couldn't bear a 3peat
Unless it where my team lol

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:04 AM
But the guy you have learned to loathe certainly doesn't, and even you have to admit that he, Duncan, KG are of the old school generation that don't take a liking to that flopping shiite

they are old school. And yes, Kobe's leg kick flail out that the league eventually stopped him from doing is a flop.

But yeah, its the modern stars. Again, get annoyed all you want. The NBA allows it now. If Kobe was 29, he would be doing it to. You take any advantage you can.

Supreme LA
05-17-2014, 02:04 AM

This is true.

I also think the fact that the Heat flop so much and get rewarded for it is the main reason we saw such a rise in flopping by stars over the past few seasons. Yes, i blame the officials but also the Heat. The Heat and Lebron for doing it and the refs for revealing their agenda by rewarding it and turning this whole league into ****.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:05 AM
This is true.

I also think the fact that the Heat flop so much and get rewarded for it is the main reason we saw such a rise in flopping by stars over the past few seasons. Yes, i blame the officials but also the Heat. The Heat and Lebron for doing it and the refs for revealing their agenda by rewarding it and turning this whole league into ****.

The Heat flop so much? Do you not watch the Clippers, Thunder, or every other team in the NBA?

EVERYONE does it now.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:05 AM
precedence.

4) rape case
10) crucified for game 7 against phx in 2006, especially publicly by Chuck on Inside the NBA, which warranted Kobe having to come on Inside the week later to defend himself.
12) looked down upon for saying in the 01 finals that he was gonna cut philly's heart out
14) the fact that he didn't deserve his MVP and it was labeled as a lifetime achievement award
22) league kept suspending him for inadvertent elbows when now, it takes a closed fist to warrant a suspension.
23) guys like Reggie Miller, Vince and Chris Childs were picking fights with Kobe with the haters wanting to see his *** get taken down
24) the league fining him a ridiculous 100k for calling a ref a ****in ****** out of frustration. Guys have made racial and gay slurs after that and the most they've gotten fined is like 25-50k. Nobody has exceeded or met that 100k figure as of yet.
25) Phil's tendency to make $$$$$ off of negative publicity off of Kobe in his books

Um thats all you got? llooll

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 02:06 AM
precedence.

4) rape case

I changed that precedence man, blame it on the damn iPhone. Lol.

But yeah Kobe was getting hated on out HERE in Cali! By Lakers fans! Until Lebron left any "hate" was coming from the outside, but Cleveland loved him. That's the difference.

And btw is it really "hate" to say why are we calling Lebron the king and the best in the game when he hasn't won anything? That's a debate, but not flat out hate like Kobe was getting, and you elaborated on some of them perfectly. There are many other examples, such as getting screwed out of at least one MVP.

But l don't want to hijack this to Kobe v Lebron part whatever. On topic I'd just like to see KD and Russ get their first ring, I think they deserve it.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:06 AM
they are old school. And yes, Kobe's leg kick flail out that the league eventually stopped him from doing is a flop.

But yeah, its the modern stars. Again, get annoyed all you want. The NBA allows it now. If Kobe was 29, he would be doing it to. You take any advantage you can.
Reggie was notorious for that.

Supreme LA
05-17-2014, 02:08 AM

Kobe's kick leg flail is not the same as flopping. Trying to create contact on a jump shot during one stretch of a season is not the same as acting as if you've been shot by the slightest of contact or soft contact that any player would normally brush off is not the same.

Kobe would not be flopping. For you to declare that he would means you basically are ignorant of him and reveals how little you actually know about him.

We are going to disagree and that's fine. I just think you're totally wrong.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:08 AM
I love how people think the Heat started the flopping movement.

Those rooting for SA, they have a backup SG named Manu Ginoboli. You should youtube him and the word "flop". Its a league wide epidemic. Hence why the NBA put in fines to stop it, which is a joke, because they are given unfairly. We are what, 3 nights removed from watching CP3 turn the ball over in a crucial situation because he flopped so hard the refs let a foul go and he turned it over? Durant flops like a fish, and if they hadn't eliminated the rip thru, it would be even worse.

the whole league flops. My favorite team, the Wolves. Love gets 3-4 calls a game that are pure crap because he acts like Bruce Lee just kicked him. Rubio acts like a sniper just sent one into him if you even remotely hip check him.

Everyone does it. The only guys who don't are 35+ years old, and generationally can't be changed habit wise.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Reggie was notorious for that.

Reggie's was so horrific. And he was so physically awkward on top of that, he was able to really sell it.

Supreme LA
05-17-2014, 02:10 AM
The Heat flop so much? Do you not watch the Clippers, Thunder, or every other team in the NBA?

EVERYONE does it now.

EXACTLY. Everyone does it now because the Heat were rewarded for it. The best player in the league sets a standard and an example for how to win. The fact that he did by flopping as totally changed the league and not for the better.

So you're right.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Spurs

Indiana

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Kobe's kick leg flail is not the same as flopping. Trying to create contact on a jump shot during one stretch of a season is not the same as acting as if you've been shot by the slightest of contact or soft contact that any player would normally brush off is not the same.

Kobe would not be flopping. For you to declare that he would means you basically are ignorant of him and reveals how little you actually know about him.

We are going to disagree and that's fine. I just think you're totally wrong.

trying to create a foul by totally exaggerating, or looking for contact, is a flop.

The leg kick fits this. I am not saying its on Divac/Manu level, but its a flop. Notice the NBA at the time wasn't having any of that? They stopped him from doing that fast.

And no, like I said, players at his age, played under a different set of rules. They ignored flops unless you were an expert at it, during his tenure. But we can't just look down on players now for taking advantage of what the NBA allows. Hell, flop away. The NBA are too big of ******* to do anything about it..

Supreme LA
I love how people think the Heat started the flopping movement.

Those rooting for SA, they have a backup SG named Manu Ginoboli. You should youtube him and the word "flop". Its a league wide epidemic. Hence why the NBA put in fines to stop it, which is a joke, because they are given unfairly. We are what, 3 nights removed from watching CP3 turn the ball over in a crucial situation because he flopped so hard the refs let a foul go and he turned it over? Durant flops like a fish, and if they hadn't eliminated the rip thru, it would be even worse.

the whole league flops. My favorite team, the Wolves. Love gets 3-4 calls a game that are pure crap because he acts like Bruce Lee just kicked him. Rubio acts like a sniper just sent one into him if you even remotely hip check him.

Everyone does it. The only guys who don't are 35+ years old, and generationally can't be changed habit wise.

The Heat did start the movement. Sure other players have done it in the past but never was it as bad as it has been. From the time the Heat started to do it (and I mean all of them), the rest of the league has caught on into what works and what they can get away with seeing as how the Heat changed how the game is officiated.

P&GRealist
I changed that precedence man, blame it on the damn iPhone. Lol.

But yeah Kobe was getting hated on out HERE in Cali! By Lakers fans! Until Lebron left any "hate" was coming from the outside, but Cleveland loved him. That's the difference.

And btw is it really "hate" to say why are we calling Lebron the king and the best in the game when he hasn't won anything? That's a debate, but not flat out hate like Kobe was getting, and you elaborated on some of them perfectly. There are many other examples, such as getting screwed out of at least one MVP.

But l don't want to hijack this to Kobe v Lebron part whatever. On topic I'd just like to see KD and Russ get their first ring, I think they deserve it.

What's convenient for the league, media masses and kobe haters is that Kobe was charged with rape in 2003, and that SAME SUMMER, a kid out of Akron St Vincent/St Mary's High came into the NBA named LeBron James.

The Post-Jordan golden boy (who was actually living up to the Jordan comparisons hype) was shoved aside by Nike, Sprite, McDy's,Nutella, the commissioner Stern, the guy giving out suspensions Stu Jackson, refs, fellow star players like Ray Allen and Shaq, media and fan bases of all 29 teams (at the time) and the anointed one his highness, the self anointed King, the one people were to witness the greatness, the second coming of was made the golden boy.

LeBron since the 1st day he stepped foot in the National Basketball Association was labeled the golden boy while a guy like Kobe was thrown aside like a big pile of shiite.

So if there is anyone who knows what it's like to be hated to the extent of being spitted on by the league and everyone associated with the league, media, fans, other nba players etc etc., it's kobe bryant.

the hate on lebron now and the past 3 yrs is no match to the hate Kobe has been receiving and still continues to receive for the better part of 2 DECADES!

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:14 AM
EXACTLY. Everyone does it now because the Heat were rewarded for it. The best player in the league sets a standard and an example for how to win. The fact that he did by flopping as totally changed the league and not for the better.

So you're right.

but thats not why. It started before the Heat were formed.

Its just slowly become a league trend.

Dade County
05-17-2014, 02:22 AM
They have their opinions. Let them.

I don't want to see Miami win again. I want to see someone different win it. And for that reason, I also don't want to see San Antonio win it.

Give me Durant or Paul George looking for their first chip. Would be a wonderful story. Especially if KD can get scoring title, league mvp and finals mvps all in same yr.

You would want George to win a title? Why may I ask?

What has he done for him to even host up a trophy (and he would be credited for it, b the media)... Think about true star players that haven't even won a title.

Anything I say from this point will be discrediting the man, so i will stop here.

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 02:23 AM
What's convenient for the league, media masses and kobe haters is that Kobe was charged with rape in 2003, and that SAME SUMMER, a kid out of Akron St Vincent/St Mary's High came into the NBA named LeBron James.

The Post-Jordan golden boy (who was actually living up to the Jordan comparisons hype) was shoved aside by Nike, Sprite, McDy's,Nutella, the commissioner Stern, the guy giving out suspensions Stu Jackson, refs, fellow star players like Ray Allen and Shaq, media and fan bases of all 29 teams (at the time) and the anointed one his highness, the self anointed King, the one people were to witness the greatness, the second coming of was made the golden boy.

LeBron since the 1st day he stepped foot in the National Basketball Association was labeled the golden boy while a guy like Kobe was thrown aside like a big pile of shiite.

So if there is anyone who knows what it's like to be hated to the extent of being spitted on by the league and everyone associated with the league, media, fans, other nba players etc etc., it's kobe bryant.

the hate on lebron now and the past 3 yrs is no match to the hate Kobe has been receiving and still continues to receive for the better part of 2 DECADES!

I've never seen anything like it. When everyone was saying Kobe was done and will never win as the best player I can't tell you how many debates I heard. T Mac, Iverson, Ray, VC, Pierce,.....all supposedly better than Kobe.

Now that he's made everybody look stupid all they can say is "yeah, he has longevity.....guess you gotta give him that."

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:26 AM
You would want George to win a title? Why may I ask?

What has he done for him to even host up a trophy (and he would be credited for it, b the media)... Think about true star players that haven't even won a title.

Anything I say from this point will be discrediting the man, so i will stop here.

He reminds me so much of a young Kobe. Young Kobe won his first title in 2000 at the age of 21. He learned how to be a winner since so early. I'd like to see Paul George kinda have that similar start of success at the young as as well, considering George grew up idolizing Kobe and wears the #24 in his honor.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:27 AM
The Heat did start the movement. Sure other players have done it in the past but never was it as bad as it has been. From the time the Heat started to do it (and I mean all of them), the rest of the league has caught on into what works and what they can get away with seeing as how the Heat changed how the game is officiated.

not when we have seen flopping since the mid 90s gain steam. Sorry. I don't buy it.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:27 AM
I guess this is what was missing today. Thank you tony starks for creating this topic

JLynn943
05-17-2014, 02:28 AM

So you're right.

Uh, what? Manu has been flopping since before the Heat won their championship with Wade and Shaq. I'm a Kings fan, and I can tell you Kevin Martin was doing it then, too. Flopping has nothing to do with LeBron being rewarded for it. That's just another pathetic attempt of a knock on his legacy by making excuses for his accomplishments.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:30 AM
not when we have seen flopping since the mid 90s gain steam. Sorry. I don't buy it.

Mostly was all Vlade, fisher & ginobli. Now its everybody

JLynn943
05-17-2014, 02:31 AM

Just the typical Lakers/Kobe fan attempt at criticism toward LeBron. There are things to criticize LeBron for, but starting the flopping movement is not one of them. They just don't get that petty, inaccurate shots like this just turn people away from them.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:32 AM
Mostly was all Vlade, fisher & ginobli. Now its everybody

it was a lot more than that. Fisher, Bell, Rodman, Laimbeer, Paul, Kevin Martin, Billups, Reggie Miller, omg, I can list another 50.

Its been gaining steam for years. Even Kobe tried to get in, but his leg kick move was nowhere near as refined as Reggie or Rip Hamilton, so the NBA out they kibosh on it.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Just the typical Lakers/Kobe fan attempt at criticism toward LeBron. There are things to criticize LeBron for, but starting the flopping movement is not one of them. They just don't get that petty, inaccurate shots like this just turn people away from them.

LeBron actually joined the party late, when he started realizing that you get those stupid calls. He didn't flop until the last couple of years.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:36 AM
A guy like lebron shouldnt be flopping at all.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Uh, what? Manu has been flopping since before the Heat won their championship with Wade and Shaq. I'm a Kings fan, and I can tell you Kevin Martin was doing it then, too. Flopping has nothing to do with LeBron being rewarded for it. That's just another pathetic attempt of a knock on his legacy by making excuses for his accomplishments.

if anyone mentions Vlade Divac, I think of him in some dark Serbian gym running a clinic on how to flop. Sitting on a foldout chair, smoke dangling from his mouth, alcohol breath, and every now and then he gets up and screams at his students because they don't really know how to sell it. Guest appearances by Manu, Raja Bell, Dennis Rodman, and Luis Scola fill the agenda. They basically show you how to act like Bruce Lee just landed a flying kick at you when you run into a screen.

Lots of sweat. Lots of smoke.

JLynn943
05-17-2014, 02:37 AM
LeBron actually joined the party late, when he started realizing that you get those stupid calls. He didn't flop until the last couple of years.

Yeah, at this point you're pretty much putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't do it... Wish that it would be done away with, but I understand why players do it. When you can draw contact as easily as he can, it'd be crazy not to do it...

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:37 AM
A guy like lebron shouldnt be flopping at all.

nobody should. But it works. Deal with it. Until the NBA clamps down, it will continue to get worse.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:38 AM
I've never seen anything like it. When everyone was saying Kobe was done and will never win as the best player I can't tell you how many debates I heard. T Mac, Iverson, Ray, VC, Pierce,.....all supposedly better than Kobe.

Now that he's made everybody look stupid all they can say is "yeah, he has longevity.....guess you gotta give him that."
I mean think about how many rivals he's had and how fans have shiiitted on him in favor of other players.

When he first came in, it was all Michael and Grant Hill. Who cares about Kobe the young pup.

Then it was about Vince, AI, TMac and Pierce. Who cares about Kobe. Our guy is BETTER!

And now, in the LeBron, Durant, Wade, Melo era. Who cares about Kobe. Old grandpa!

Bostonjorge
05-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Has there been a single game where James has not flopped in the last 4 years?

Lebron the type of guy to flop during all star games.

Indy
OKC
Spurs

That's it

JLynn943
if anyone mentions Vlade Divac, I think of him in some dark Serbian gym running a clinic on how to flop. Sitting on a foldout chair, smoke dangling from his mouth, alcohol breath, and every now and then he gets up and screams at his students because they don't really know how to sell it. Guest appearances by Manu, Raja Bell, Dennis Rodman, and Luis Scola fill the agenda. They basically show you how to act like Bruce Lee just landed a flying kick at you when you run into a screen.

Lots of sweat. Lots of smoke.

:laugh2: that's surprisingly easy to picture

bathroom_man
it was a lot more than that. Fisher, Bell, Rodman, Laimbeer, Paul, Kevin Martin, Billups, Reggie Miller, omg, I can list another 50.

Its been gaining steam for years. Even Kobe tried to get in, but his leg kick move was nowhere near as refined as Reggie or Rip Hamilton, so the NBA out they kibosh on it.

Did u actually get to watch all these guys play 82 games? Or do u just watch only the bad stuffs on youtube?

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:42 AM
nobody should. But it works. Deal with it. Until the NBA clamps down, it will continue to get worse.

But he probably doesnt have too.

Iron24th
05-17-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm rooting for the spurs, my guys TP and Diaw are from France, and cause I respect Pop, Timmy and their classy winning culture.

Hawkeye15
Did u actually get to watch all these guys play 82 games? Or do u just watch only the bad stuffs on youtube?

I don't work for the NBA, so no, I didn't get to watch them play 82 games haha. I am 38. I grew up watching a lllllllllllll those older players. When the flopping movement started, most on this site were in diapers.

Nice response though, not sure what the hell point you are trying to make.

If you watched all 2400+ NBA games per year for the last 30 years, kudos!

Hawkeye15
But he probably doesnt have too.

so? What is your point? He saw it getting players calls for a while, decided to join in. He is stupid not to...

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:44 AM
This thread has been very respectable for the most part. That's maybe because a lot of the East coast *cough *cough are asleep at the moment. But tomorrow morning when they wakey wakey...

jerellh528
05-17-2014, 02:45 AM
I guess
1.okc
2.indiana

3.spurs

4.miami

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:47 AM
I don't work for the NBA, so no, I didn't get to watch them play 82 games haha. I am 38. I grew up watching a lllllllllllll those older players. When the flopping movement started, most on this site were in diapers.

Nice response though, not sure what the hell point you are trying to make.

If you watched all 2400+ NBA games per year for the last 30 years, kudos!

How many games did u watch actually?

A guy like lebron can plow through guys with ease because of his greatness. He dont need to flop

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:48 AM
This thread has been very respectable for the most part. That's maybe because a lot of the East coast *cough *cough are asleep at the moment. But tomorrow morning when they wakey wakey...

meh, I don't agree with that. The Miami fan base rep isn't nearly as high as any other large market team on this site. In fact, not even remotely close.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Wait you watch 2,400 nba games per year? How is thst even possible.

A guy like lebron can plow through guys with ease because of his greatness. He dont need to flop

You asked if I watched all the guys I mentioned 82 games. I thought you were asking me if I watched every game they played in.

What am I missing?

Flopping started when LeBron was around 5. Its just expanded since.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:52 AM
You asked if I watched all the guys I mentioned 82 games. I thought you were asking me if I watched every game they played in.

What am I missing?

Flopping started when LeBron was around 5. Its just expanded since.

K, how many games did u actually watch these guys that u mention play?

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 02:56 AM
K, how many games did u actually watch these guys that u mention play?

specifically who? I have been addicted to basketball since the mid 80's. Between youtube, NBA TV, and various video, on top of what I watched growing up, I have watched a TON of games from 1984-2006. Since then, NBA package has allowed me to watch anything I want. Synergy a handful of years ago allowed me to watch anything I want.

Don't get why you attempt to establish my education on the sport, when I am mentioning players who were obvious floppers.

Tony_Starks
05-17-2014, 02:56 AM
Lol. Flopping is a cheap stunt, it's not this new next evolutionary step to the game. It's corny.

If certain players choose to focus on crafting that into their game to manipulate the rules that's on them. But there's a reason other real players around the league call them out for those kind of antics....

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Forget it hawkeye, 3am and our brains aint functioning well. Goodnight buddy

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 03:03 AM
specifically who? I have been addicted to basketball since the mid 80's. Between youtube, NBA TV, and various video, on top of what I watched growing up, I have watched a TON of games from 1984-2006. Since then, NBA package has allowed me to watch anything I want. Synergy a handful of years ago allowed me to watch anything I want.

Don't get why you attempt to establish my education on the sport, when I am mentioning players who were obvious floppers.

Youtube, nbatv wasnt even around then. It was all attenna tv back then. I dont how u can watch a ton of games starting -1984/1990

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 03:03 AM
Forget it hawkeye, 3am and our brains aint functioning well. Goodnight buddy

haha, its all good man.

Dude, I have been addicted to this awesome game since I was 8. 1984 finals. Trust me, I have watched so much freaking basketball in the last 30 years, its embarrassing that I didn't pursue it as a career.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 03:04 AM
Youtube, nbatv wasnt even around then. It was all attenna tv back then. I dont how u can watch a ton of games starting -1984/1990

Do you know how many games you can find from back then on youtube? Sure it didn't exist then, but it sure as hell as been uploaded since...

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 03:06 AM
Lol. Flopping is a cheap stunt, it's not this new next evolutionary step to the game. It's corny.

If certain players choose to focus on crafting that into their game to manipulate the rules that's on them. But there's a reason other real players around the league call them out for those kind of antics....

NOBODY disagrees that flopping is annoying. But to pretend that the league hasn't adapted to the way refs call the game is naive. If you can get a foul call by flopping now, you do it. It's an advantage.

I don't think you will find a single person alive that would not LOVE if the NBA took a hard stance on flopping. But until they do, if you don't, you are not using yet another tool available to win.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 03:14 AM
haha, its all good man.

Dude, I have been addicted to this awesome game since I was 8. 1984 finals. Trust me, I have watched so much freaking basketball in the last 30 years, its embarrassing that I didn't pursue it as a career.

I respect this.

bathroom_man
05-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Do you know how many games you can find from back then on youtube? Sure it didn't exist then, but it sure as hell as been uploaded since...

Really now i didnt know that. Sry not much of a youtube person. I csnt stand some of the vids on there.

But isnt the quality crappy and hard to watch. Even so, u got alot of time onyour hand. But its a passion and i respect that wholeheartedly

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Really now i didnt know that. Sry not much of a youtube person. I csnt stand some of the vids on there.

But isnt the quality crappy and hard to watch. Even so, u got alot of time onyour hand. But its a passion and i respect that wholeheartedly

the quality is basically what we watched in 1988 haha. Terrible.

But, we get to watch, right? I would rather watch basketball than anything television has ever produced.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 03:21 AM
I respect this.

I love basketball dude. If I could do it all over again, I would pursue it as a career. Too late probably.

numba1CHANGsta
05-17-2014, 03:47 AM
Pacers, Eff everyone else

naps
05-17-2014, 05:13 AM
The Heat, even though I'd be okay with the Spurs too just because they've been so good for so long.

I just hate all the constant LeBron bashing by Lakers/Kobe fans on this site. For the sake of PSD, LeBron needs to win. Why so many people care so much about LeBron that they feel the need to create threads/posts criticizing him every day is baffling. He's too much a part of their lives. He's great. Get over it.

All of the baseless criticism has only led me to root for him to continue to prove all of his detractors wrong.

Exactly. Kobephiles actually helped LeBron regain his mojo among rest of the country which he lost after coming to Miami. Their unhealthy hatred toward the man, continuous bashing threads about him on internet forums, and posting on social media are what accelerated LeBron's popularity among general basketball fans. Just look at this thread, pretty much every non-Miami fan that want the Heat to win is only because of the kobephiles' irrational hatred toward LeBron. Funny how that works!

EDIT: I just went over this thread. Only people that are talking negative about LeBron here are kobephiles. And someone really claimed Kobe doesn't flop?? LMFAO!

DitchDat
05-17-2014, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Thunder won, by I would very much like for the Spurs to get some redemption over the Heat in the Finals. One last 'ship for Timmmy!!

PhillyFaninLA
05-17-2014, 05:59 AM
I think the 2 best teams in each conference made the conference finals and the 3 best teams in the league.

I'm a Sixers fan and as long as the Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks (all of which are out) don't win I just want competitive games.

sammyvine
05-17-2014, 08:02 AM

No offense but i find it worrying that you hate somebody because of some trolls on a website. Are you that easily influenced?

Furthermore lebron has rings.the only haters he has are petty ones

archdevil84
05-17-2014, 08:44 AM
i'm both a kobe and lebron fan. is that possible?

JPS
05-17-2014, 09:52 AM

I mean think about how many rivals he's had and how fans have shiiitted on him in favor of other players.

When he first came in, it was all Michael and Grant Hill. Who cares about Kobe the young pup.

Then it was about Vince, AI, TMac and Pierce. Who cares about Kobe. Our guy is BETTER!

And now, in the LeBron, Durant, Wade, Melo era. Who cares about Kobe. Old grandpa!

These two should get a room and beat off to Kobe together. Kobe isn't in the playoffs he is off topic for the thread you made. PM each other or something.

HeatFan
05-17-2014, 10:16 AM
I have to admit, I wasn't a Kobe fan before but right now you have to respect what he's done and how passionate he is about winning, which in the end is what a fan wants. Just take a look at how other guys have been paid big bucks to be leaders and have just entered into a Comfort Zone doing nothing special (see D-Will).

Kobe is a D**K but fun to watch and see your team compete against him. (we probably all agree Jordan was the best and he was also a D**K). I hope he comes back 100% next year, although I still want the Lakers to lose. Watching him play is really a treat and we should take advantage of it while we can.

Dade County
05-17-2014, 10:27 AM
He reminds me so much of a young Kobe. Young Kobe won his first title in 2000 at the age of 21. He learned how to be a winner since so early. I'd like to see Paul George kinda have that similar start of success at the young as as well, considering George grew up idolizing Kobe and wears the #24 in his honor.

Oh, ok.

But Kobe had Shaq to lean on... It was Shaq time to take over the league. George doesn't have that type of player on his team, that can lead him to a title.

OlivaThor
05-17-2014, 10:32 AM
1. Heat - I would like to see Heat and Lebron to dominate.
2. Spurs - One more ring for Timmeyy!

3. Pacers

4. **** the Thunder, **** the refs

ATX
05-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Speaking to the Kobe/James topic I would say that I respect what Kobe does on the court immensely. I appreciate that he is an all-time great talent, whom I've been amazed watching over the years. I had zero problems with him as a player (As a person, that's another story). As James' career progressed and he started smashing one record after the next and the accolades and trophy's were adding up it became evident to everyone outside of Kobe fans that he was becoming a possible top 3 talent to ever play the game. The Kobe fans started hating him to a level that was inexcusable, intolerable, senseless, and disgusting. Really they were/are just tearing him down (With the lamest and most illogical arguments I have ever read) to defend their favorite player/idol Kobe. James prowess concerns them, and their fear of James taking the torch from Kobe and surpassing his legendary status is apparently too much for them to handle. I mean Christ, there will come a day when when even James' records and accolades will fall to some kid currently in diapers…and heaven forbid anyone ever surpass Jordan. It's blasphemous to utter such thoughts, even as hypotheticals. When that day comes it will be refreshing in my opinion to see if said great player can outdo the precedents that players such as Jordan, Magic, KAJ, James, Duncan and Kobe have set. There is no reason to hate this hypothetical kid still in diapers just because I'm afraid he'll outdo my "Favorite" player. Those efforts should be lauded and appreciated, and not torn limb from limb metaphorically for nothing more than a fans personal insecurity. It's ridiculous, and is the main reason why I can't stand not Kobe, not his fans, but his "Philes" of which there are actually only a relative few (Around 10-15 on this site out of hundreds of his fans). It's not so much that I care about the Kobe/James topic, just that I find it disgusting and disturbing the lengths of hatred the "Philes" will go to to hate the man LeBron James.

todu82
05-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Right now I'm rooting for the Thunder.

ATX
05-17-2014, 10:52 AM
To the topic of the thread, obviously I am a Heat fan, but if they were to lose I would like to see the Spurs win a 5th chip and Duncan go out on top, wrapping up a legendary career.

lamzoka
05-17-2014, 12:04 PM
1- Thunder
2- Spurs

3- Pacers
4-anybody else but the Heat

still1ballin
05-17-2014, 12:12 PM
I was rooting for the bobcats, nets and now pacers!! :)

still1ballin
05-17-2014, 12:15 PM

ROFL!!! :clap: :dance:

Teeboy1487
05-17-2014, 12:38 PM
IDGAF who wins. All I'm worried about is that Draft Lottery. All I want is to see some competitive basketball games. The 2nd round sucked majorly compared to the 1st round. Hope the CF rounds are better.

JLynn943
05-17-2014, 12:44 PM
IDGAF who wins. All I'm worried about is that Draft Lottery. All I want is to see some competitive basketball games. The 2nd round sucked majorly compared to the 1st round. Hope the CF rounds are better.

I agree with this pretty much. I have teams I would prefer to win over others as I said in here before, but ultimately the only things I care about with the NBA right now are that we get good series and the draft lottery.

jmartin80
05-17-2014, 12:45 PM
People are still watching the NBA playoffs? I personally don't care. I have found the last several post seasons to be very boring, predictable and uneventful. League is watered down with not enough competition in my opinion.

slashsnake
05-17-2014, 01:07 PM

That first round did really spoil us. I think that was the most competitive round of basketball I had ever seen.

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Pacers, just because they'd be the ones beating the Miami Heat.

That being said, I don't think they could defeat Thunder/Spurs.

Secondly, I am rooting for the Spurs to beat Miami and I think they will this time around.

It would be pretty neat to see a rematch in the NBA Finals. That hasn't happened in a looong time.

JPS
05-17-2014, 01:13 PM

This

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:20 PM
People are still watching the NBA playoffs? I personally don't care. I have found the last several post seasons to be very boring, predictable and uneventful. League is watered down with not enough competition in my opinion.

That first round was not boring. Yes your Bulls were pretty boring and I'm glad they were put out of their misery quick. But other than that series and the MIA-CHA series, all the other series were damn damn good.

Big Zo
05-17-2014, 01:21 PM

It's ok. Just watch clips of the Bulls from 20 years ago.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Pacers, just because they'd be the ones beating the Miami Heat.

That being said, I don't think they could defeat Thunder/Spurs.

Secondly, I am rooting for the Spurs to beat Miami and I think they will this time around.

It would be pretty neat to see a rematch in the NBA Finals. That hasn't happened in a looong time.
They haven't showed me otherwise. LeBron is just that much better than last yr. Nobody is stopping him.

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 01:26 PM
That first round was not boring. Yes you're Bulls were pretty boring and I'm glad they were put out of their misery quick. But other than that series and the MIA-CHA series, all the other series were damn damn good.The Bulls had no firepower, and accordingly stunk it up, but I enjoyed that series because Nene was knocking down jumpshots and Wall had a good showing. I think he could move up in the PG ranks soon...

Jamiecballer
05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Spurs. Funny cuz I couldn't ****in stand them in their prime

Ditto

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 01:33 PM
They haven't showed me otherwise. LeBron is just that much better than last yr. Nobody is stopping him.We'll see. I don't know why you're speaking definitively.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Get over it man. If Kobe was the least bit likeable as a person the league wouldn't have been so damn quick to move on from him. He deserved it.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:48 PM
We'll see. I don't know why you're speaking definitively.

Because every time I've ruled the Heat out the last 2yrs for regular season and playoffs, they've proven me wrong and made me look silly. I'll still root against them, I just won't bet against them. If that makes any sense.

After the Spurs blew the championship with that Larry O Brien trophy in the graps of their hands with 35 seconds to go, I stopped believing in the basketball gods.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Get over it man. If Kobe was the least bit likeable as a person the league wouldn't have been so damn quick to move on from him. He deserved it.

He also did and does still generates the league the most money. 3 yrs ago, it was estimated that Kobe alone makes the Lakers at least $80M a season. This is one of the reasons why he's been getting paid astronomical numbers the last 3yrs and for the next 2 yrs going forward. This is why he's the highest paid guy in the league despite no longer being the best player in the league, or for that matter, according to espn, the 25th best player in the league.

Guess where this $80M goes towards....

REVENUE SHARING!!!!

You know, that same revenue sharing that the shiite small owners were attacking the Lakers for and asking for more and more during the 2011 CBA Lockout negotiations?

But still, Stern vetoes the CP3 deal on behest of those same shiite owners.

Kobe and the Lakers have FED the NBA in the Post-Jordan era, and the NBA, media and everyone associated with the league keeps biting the hand that FEEDS THEM.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2014, 01:59 PM
He also did and does still generates the league the most money. 3 yrs ago, it was estimated that Kobe alone makes the Lakers at least $80M a season.

REVENUE SHARING!!!!

You know, that same revenue sharing that the shiite small owners were attacking the Lakers for and asking for more and more during the 2011 CBA Lockout negotiations?

Kobe and the Lakers have FED the NBA in the Post-Jordan era, and the NBA, media and everyone associated with the league keeps biting the hand that FEEDS THEM.

There may be a lot of truth in your post. Doesn't make what I said wrong though.

The league doesn't turn its back on a golden goose for no reason. Kobe's personality doesn't lend itself to mass appeal, although his game does. The NBA understandably is always looking to market the **** out of a player with both.

jmartin80
05-17-2014, 02:03 PM
It's ok. Just watch clips of the Bulls from 20 years ago.

Will do. :) At least some of those games were entertaining. When people played the whole season, played defense and didn't cry / pout on the court every single play. ha

But the Bulls being out of it has very little to do with why I am not watching. I used to watch regularly if the Bulls were in it or not. Not anymore. The league has become the league of very few haves and the many have nots. The NBA lacks competition because stars would rather join up then actually play against each other. The product is very watered down and in a 7 game series, surprises are very rare. Boring and predictable. I hope the next rounds have something to offer.

Until that happens, to answer the OP question, I don't care. At all.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 02:04 PM
There may be a lot of truth in your post. Doesn't make what I said wrong though.

The league doesn't turn its back on a golden goose for no reason. Kobe's personality doesn't lend itself to mass appeal, although his game does. The NBA understandably is always looking to market the **** out of a player with both.

This is true. I'm not really blaming them. Just pointing out the harsh reality and the fickle nature of people.

As Allen Iverson once said, they'll love you and build you up, and then, they're just waiting for that 1 moment so that they can chew you up and spit you out. It's happened to both Kobe (rape case) and LeBron (the decision). Also Kobe has received the burnt and distaste of fans and the league while LeBron has received the distaste from mostly just fans.

My main argument is that the hate for Lebron is nothing compared to the hate for Kobe for the greater part of 2 decades.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2014, 02:10 PM
This is true. I'm not really blaming them. Just pointing out the harsh reality and the fickle nature of people.

As Allen Iverson once said, they'll love you and build you up, and then, they're just waiting for that 1 moment so that they can chew you up and spit you out. It's happened to both Kobe (rape case) and LeBron (the decision). Also Kobe has received the burnt and distaste of fans and the league while LeBron has received the distaste from mostly just fans.

My main argument is that the hate for Lebron is nothing compared to the hate for Kobe for the greater part of 2 decades.

Iverson was wrong about a lot of thing's including that and James is proof of it.

The league has not turned on James because he has proven that the "decision" was just an honest mistake, an abberation.

Kobe would have received the same graces after the rape trial if he had a likeable personality.

Iverson was almost right - when you aren't a likeable person people are most definitely waiting for you to fail. Nobody's waiting for KD to fail.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-17-2014, 02:33 PM
This, I want to have grown up watching the GOAT.

You should see the kobephiles on twitter, it's like PSD ***** on steroids.

Yeah I'm in agreement here, BUT I want the Spurs to win this year because I think one year Lebron doesn't win won't change the fact that he'll finish with 5-6 rings IMO. And I want the Spurs because as Jason said, I'm sick of all the Kobephiles that just think he's better than Duncan because of the one extra ring. I wouldn't mind seeing the Thunder win either because I do like Durant. Although, I think they'd be 3rd on my list after the Spurs and then the Heat. I could give 0 ****s about the Pacers and anyone on their team, so they're last naturally. Also, the Pacers have always been a rival of the Knicks (though so are the Heat I guess) but in general, **** Reggie Miller (always hated him more than any specific Heat player). Anyways, obviously Reggie isn't affiliated with the Pacers anymore so thats not the reason I don't want them to win. It's simply, I just give 0 ****s about anyone on their team. I am 100% indifferent to George, Hibbert, etc. And from a legacy standpoint, there's no one on that Pacers team who has anything on the line.

Kyben36
05-17-2014, 02:53 PM
In Order for me

Spurs ( want to see duncan pop and all go out on top. hopefully they would retire if they won
Thunder ( they have waited their dues, think the thunder deserve it most of all, but want to see the spurs win it)
Pacers ( they are young still, and have made some mistakes over the season, trading Granger seems like an issue, bynum isnt exactly contributing. still over the heat, but they need time )
Heat ( i hate the heat)

bucketss
05-17-2014, 03:06 PM
heat, it makes me smile when certain people on this site cry about lebron winning.

Crackadalic
05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Spurs. They have the biggest shot at dethroning Miami

Even with ibaka Miami would win in 5 games like last time with that two man only offense and the pacers lol

Spurs all the way

WVNowitzki
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
If I *HAD* to pick, I'd say Pacers, but honestly, the 4 teams left bore me to tears... NBA needs to shake things up and quick, or they are going to continue to lose loyal fans.

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 03:30 PM
If I *HAD* to pick, I'd say Pacers, but honestly, the 4 teams left bore me to tears... NBA needs to shake things up and quick, or they are going to continue to lose loyal fans.

This is actually true. LeBron, as good as he is, isn't as exciting as he once was in his Cleveland days. I miss that Cleveland crowd at the Q compared to the half empty arena in Miami. Him in a Heat uniform still doesn't scream any excitement for me. There's nothing exciting for me to see LeBron do all the work, penetrate and kick it out to a 3 pt shooter who just camps there while sipping coffee and reading a newspaper.

The Pacers just miss way too many shots. Way too many bricks.

Spurs are the spurs, good but boring as hell, emotionless robotic zero personality dudes whipped by the military leader popovich. It's his way or the high way. Plus, they're the regular season bully who when they meet their match in the playoffs fall flat on their face. The ultimate teaser.

OKC, well, they're probably the most exciting of the 4, especially Westbrook when he goes crazy to the whole, but when they become a jump shooting team and when it becomes a free throw shooting contest for Durant and his 20+ attempts, I tend to get bored there as well.

Kashmir13579
05-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Miami or Spurs

lukass
05-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Heat
Thunder
Spurs
Pacers- Im a Pistons fan so

WVNowitzki
05-18-2014, 01:09 AM
This is actually true. LeBron, as good as he is, isn't as exciting as he once was in his Cleveland days. I miss that Cleveland crowd at the Q compared to the half empty arena in Miami. Him in a Heat uniform still doesn't scream any excitement for me. There's nothing exciting for me to see LeBron do all the work, penetrate and kick it out to a 3 pt shooter who just camps there while sipping coffee and reading a newspaper.

Right on, I loved seeing him in Cleveland, it was exciting to see him bring all those role players together and accomplish what they did. Him going to Miami was a cop out in an attempt for a ring in my eyes and is far less exciting.

Stop super teaming people! It's boring.

sammyvine
05-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Iverson was wrong about a lot of thing's including that and James is proof of it.

The league has not turned on James because he has proven that the "decision" was just an honest mistake, an abberation.

Kobe would have received the same graces after the rape trial if he had a likeable personality.

Iverson was almost right - when you aren't a likeable person people are most definitely waiting for you to fail. Nobody's waiting for KD to fail.

Eh? Whats personality got to do with it? Nobody really knows what these players are like.

KnicksLover
05-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Heat

king4day
05-18-2014, 08:31 AM

It's more for the desire of change. I hate seeing the same thing over and over. If Miami lost this year, it'd be great for basketball fans to see if Miami can get back and win again as opposed hoping another team can beat them

Capital G
05-18-2014, 09:18 AM
im a spurs fan..... but even if i wasnt as bball fan you have to go with them. get duncan/manu/parker/pop one more ring.

jacquewho?
05-18-2014, 10:00 AM
1. Pacers
2. Thunder

beasted86
05-18-2014, 10:34 AM
There would be nothing greater in sports than to see the HEAT and LeBron win the next 3 more titles straight for 5 in a row.

I think this will weed out all the phony losers off this site for good and make them simply stop watching the NBA out of depression.

I find it a completely foreign rationale for any Laker fan to hate LeBron or the HEAT being that the two teams never met in the playoffs once and aren't in the same conference. I remember the olden days when fans disliked other teams/players because they constantly beat their own team or kept winning the conference which was ultimately a road block to prevent their team from getting to the Finals. I disliked the Knicks and Bulls growing up for these same reasons. So Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, etc, east team fans who dislike the HEAT are fine by me. Maybe even Spurs and OKC fans also have a fair claim in disliking the HEAT and wanting to see them lose.

But Kobe fans hating/disliking the HEAT and wanting to see them lose is simply a sign of the weak minded, disgusting Kobephile that cares more about protecting the fragile legacy of a player than seeing their own team win or seeing their real rivals lose. This should have no place in sports forums, as this is s childish feeble minded trait of jealousy and envy when they aren't even fans of any particular team, but only a mere player.

ATX
05-18-2014, 11:17 AM
There would be nothing greater in sports than to see the HEAT and LeBron win the next 3 more titles straight for 5 in a row.

I think this will weed out all the phony losers off this site for good and make them simply stop watching the NBA out of depression.

I find it a completely foreign rationale for any Laker fan to hate LeBron or the HEAT being that the two teams never met in the playoffs once and aren't in the same conference. I remember the olden days when fans disliked other teams/players because they constantly beat their own team or kept winning the conference which was ultimately a road block to prevent their team from getting to the Finals. I disliked the Knicks and Bulls growing up for these same reasons. So Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, etc, east team fans who dislike the HEAT are fine by me. Maybe even Spurs and OKC fans also have a fair claim in disliking the HEAT and wanting to see them lose.

But Kobe fans hating/disliking the HEAT and wanting to see them lose is simply a sign of the weak minded, disgusting Kobephile that cares more about protecting the fragile legacy of a player than seeing their own team win or seeing their real rivals lose. This should have no place in sports forums, as this is s childish feeble minded trait of jealousy and envy when they aren't even fans of any particular team, but only a mere player.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

Jamiecballer
05-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Eh? Whats personality got to do with it? Nobody really knows what these players are like.

Well none of US know the players the way we might know , say our friends that's for sure. But media, commentators and the like get a tremendous amount of access to players these days. The way you present yourself matters. Perception is reality, as they say.

To say that showing humility and a likeable personality doesn't buy you the good graces of the basketball community is just wrong IMO.

If you don't think so see how many people you can find that dislike Durant or try to cheapen his accomplishments

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 01:44 PM
He also did and does still generates the league the most money. 3 yrs ago, it was estimated that Kobe alone makes the Lakers at least $80M a season. This is one of the reasons why he's been getting paid astronomical numbers the last 3yrs and for the next 2 yrs going forward. This is why he's the highest paid guy in the league despite no longer being the best player in the league, or for that matter, according to espn, the 25th best player in the league.

REVENUE SHARING!!!!

as far as revenue goes, replace Kobe with any other superstar in that market with all that success, and they are generating the same revenue.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 01:47 PM
It's more for the desire of change. I hate seeing the same thing over and over. If Miami lost this year, it'd be great for basketball fans to see if Miami can get back and win again as opposed hoping another team can beat them

except the hatred for Miami started WAAAAAAY before they won their first title. It has nothing to do with change.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 01:48 PM

co-sign with this

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Well none of US know the players the way we might know , say our friends that's for sure. But media, commentators and the like get a tremendous amount of access to players these days. The way you present yourself matters. Perception is reality, as they say.

To say that showing humility and a likeable personality doesn't buy you the good graces of the basketball community is just wrong IMO.

If you don't think so see how many people you can find that dislike Durant or try to cheapen his accomplishments

or people can read Phil's book, or talk with Shaq, or various other teammates throughout Kobe's tenure about him.

The dude is an isolationist who is not a very social person, and tough to deal with. It has come up many times.

DR_1
05-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Whoever wins the West

MrfadeawayJB
05-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Spurs. I love the way they play and how they just get it done

lol, please
05-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Pacers :cheer:

mzgrizz
05-18-2014, 10:33 PM
spurs. I love the way they play and how they just get it done

NBA_Starter
05-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I guess the Spurs if the Heat can't win it.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 11:02 PM
as far as revenue goes, replace Kobe with any other superstar in that market with all that success, and they are generating the same revenue.

Would you say all fans in China are Lakers fans or Kobe fans?

Because what I saw in 08 Beijing (and need I remind you he just came off of a finals loss and still hadn't won that elusive first one without Shaq, so the whole success thing doesn't fit your argument as that success was experienced just 6 yrs prior before the rape trial, ousting Shaq and Phil etc etc), he was regarded as GOD.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Would you say all fans in China are Lakers fans or Kobe fans?

Because what I saw in 08 Beijing (and need I remind you he just came off of a finals loss and still hadn't won that elusive first one without Shaq, so the whole success thing doesn't fit your argument as that success was experienced just 6 yrs prior before the rape trial, ousting Shaq and Phil etc etc), he was regarded as GOD.

wouldn't matter. I have been to Beijing multiple times as well. The Lakers are THE organization, and Kobe was the brand name for them while they were winning. Replace him with another superstar, and that guy is making all the money for the NBA as well.

Basically, Kobe was making that money for the NBA Because he was a Laker, and they won. He is the most replaceable portion of that equation.