PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka Out for Playoffs **Update now "day to day"

black1605
05-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2m
Thunder say forward Serge Ibaka is expected to miss the remainder of the 2014 postseason with a left calf injury.

Ouch.

North Yorker
05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
That sucks. Collison is decent but they definitely needed him if they want to beat the Spurs and Heat.

FraziersKnicks
05-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Karma.

Spurs were gonna win anyway, but the Thunder stand no chance now.

They lost their only rim protection and 3rd option. Outside of KD and Westy, no one on that Thunder team can score.

tredigs
05-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Wow. Westbrook last year now this.

Westbrook had never missed a game in his life, Ibaka has missed 3 games in the last 4 years. That is terrible luck.

tredigs
05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Karma.

They lost their only rim protection and 3rd option. Outside of KD and Westy, no one on that Thunder team can score.

I don't think they would have. OKC has had the Spurs number for years, including when they met in the post season.

MonroeFAN
05-16-2014, 06:15 PM
wow that sucks for OKC.

Iron24th
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Huge loss for okc, TP will kill them even more now.

SA vs miami rematch here we come

J4KOP99
05-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Garbage

Ezio
05-16-2014, 06:21 PM
We got ourselves the Final series now

J4KOP99
05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Nba is rigged

LAKobeBryant
05-16-2014, 06:31 PM
yes SAS and MIA rematch. im sure spurs going play crazy hard from what happened last year

CHANGO
05-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Wow

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Huge blow for OKC, but this doesn't guarantee a Spurs series win.

Odominator
05-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Like someone said.... Karma. I like serge's hustle but the cheap shots and low blows are just unnecessary. There's hustle and bodying someone, like draymond green, then there's just cheap shots like Ibaka always take part in.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 06:49 PM
That's lame :/ yet another pass for the Heat.

ThaDubs
05-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Karma.

Karma for what? Are you one of those people who still thinks that was a bad call in game 5? lol

goingfor28
05-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Karma for what? Are you one of those people who still thinks that was a bad call in game 5? lol

For his nut punches. Ha. Really tho thst sucks for okc

torocan
05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Wow.

Massive hit for OKC. Losing rim protection, shot blocking and Ibaka's jump shot is really going to hurt them against the Spurs. No way Perkins can do what Ibaka does.

Was thinking Spurs in 7 but without Ibaka I'm now thinking Spurs in 6.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
That's lame :/ yet another pass for the Heat.

:dance:

OKC
05-16-2014, 07:01 PM
**** my life
were done

FraziersKnicks
05-16-2014, 07:02 PM

For his countless dirty plays and nut punches. Hitting another man in the nuts when he is least expecting it is the most cowardly move possible.

Bruno
05-16-2014, 07:02 PM
wow. its a bummer that the clippers aren't advancing now that OKC isn't at full strength.

JordansBulls
05-16-2014, 07:03 PM
We got ourselves the Final series now

Yep. San Antonio vs Indiana.

FlashBolt
05-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Huge blow to us. Might cost us the WCF.. Might be karma considering he's very dirty but damn.. OKC will miss his presence.

Cal827
05-16-2014, 07:15 PM

:laugh:

Jarvo
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
OKC still have Westbrook & KD but I can't lie and say I don't feel better about The Spurs chances to beat OKC even though I think even with Ibaka we win in 6.

Avenged
05-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Go Spurs Go!

tredigs
05-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Sadly, outside of KD Ibaka had been their best floor stretcher with a defense having to respect the 18 footer. We will see A LOT of double/triple teaming on KD. It's as big a blow to their offense as it is to their D for that reason.

Spurs in 5.

Tony_Starks
05-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Feel bad for Serge but I don't think all is lost for OKC. Adams is slept on, played a key role in their series winner. Collision is always ready. Not to mention they have a pretty good small ball lineup they could use.

They just have to do it by committee now but it's not like Ibaka was the key to the series.

In the end it will still be up to Russ and KD....

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Parker is going to deal with hammy issues the rest of the playoffs. With his history and I assume it's the same one that hindered him in game 7 of last yr's finals, TP won't be the TP we all know and love.

Ibaka out.

The Heat's quest to 3peat is basically right there for the taking now imo. The basketball gods are with them 100%.

kdspurman
05-16-2014, 08:03 PM
This really sucks for OKC, I hate to see this to anyone. I know I was scared as **** when TP when to the locker room followed by RC Buford.

Having said that, OKC can still do damage and should not be counted out. They have been better defensively with Ibaka on the bench during this post season apparently, but offensively is where that number is very different. If Durant goes into god mode, who knows what can happen.

I still expect a competitive series.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 08:06 PM
This really sucks for OKC, I hate to see this to anyone. I know I was scared as **** when TP when to the locker room followed by RC Buford.

Having said that, OKC can still do damage and should not be counted out. They have been better defensively with Ibaka on the bench during this post season apparently, but offensively is where that number is very different. If Durant goes into god mode, who knows what can happen.

I still expect a competitive series.

No, they're done. Ibaka now won't guard Duncan. I doubt the rookie Adams or the vet Collison will be able to slow him down. You can put Perk on him, but he'll just get into foul trouble.

You guys should win this series in 6 now. NO excuses.

JC_
05-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Damn, that blows.

kdspurman
05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
No, they're done. Ibaka now won't guard Duncan. I doubt the rookie Adams or the vet Collison will be able to slow him down. You can put Perk on him, but he'll just get into foul trouble.

Ibaka never guarded Duncan anyway unless they went small. It's been Perkins. Ibaka usually guards Splitter and/or Diaw.

If TP is able to penetrate and attack consistently (with the hamstring injury) and get in the paint, that's where his presence will be missed defensively. On offense, he became a very good mid-range shooter and also seemed to hit the corner 3. OKC will rely more on guys like Butler/Sefalosha/Fisher (who will get it going against the Spurs cause he always does) and others to spread the floor.

They're far from done. Still have the MVP and WB

sens#11fan
05-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I think Adams will get more PT and could make Reggie Jackson like improvements, well sort off. I saw him play last game without Ibaka and he was impressive. Dude is athletic and tough.

kdspurman
05-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't think they would have. OKC has had the Spurs number for years, including when they met in the post season.

Gotta factor in injuries and b2b's which were all a part of all but 1 of the meetings between the 2 teams this year. (3 b2b's, Kawhi was out 2-3 games, etc...)

And 2012 is so different than the 2 teams now ( even before the news about Serge) In fact, going into game 3 of that series, the Spurs had won 7/8 against OKC. They seemingly had their number. So it's really hard to use a previous series or regular season match up in this scenario, or most scenarios in fact. It's not as unbalanced as many people seem to think. At the end of the day, it's a make or miss league. Ibaka/Perkins combining for 18/20 from the field in game 4 was the difference maker. SA had a legit shot to go up 3-1.

Ezio
05-16-2014, 08:22 PM

It's like you can read my mind JB.

Tony_Starks
05-16-2014, 08:29 PM
It's not like the Spurs are exactly a beat you up inside team. At the very worst if Duncan hits you for 30 it's not really going to kill you. They're mostly a pick, roll, and swing team anyway.

Like I said its a blow but not the end of the world when you still got KD and Russ against a gimpy TP.

king4day
05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
And a free pass to the finals for the Spurs. Maybe Thunder take 2. That's a shame...

MrfadeawayJB
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Basketball gods have spoken.

Dade County
05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Well this is bad news for the Pacers too.

Lets say the league wanted the Pacers in the Final's (new blood), they might have gotten away with it ratings wise as long as OKC was the Pacers opponent ( Spurs vs Pacers... Never).

KD could have carried that series ratings wise, but now...smh

I still give OKC a shoot, because I think they are that good; but I feel like the league can not risk not having the HEAT in the Final's again (the hole 3 peat opportunity).

Pakman
05-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Well this is bad news for the Pacers too.

Lets say the league wanted the Pacers in the Final's (new blood), they might have gotten away with it ratings wise as long as OKC was the Pacers opponent ( Spurs vs Pacers... Never).

KD could have carried that series ratings wise, but now...smh

I still give OKC a shoot, because I think they are that good; but I feel like the league can not risk not having the HEAT in the Final's again (the hole 3 peat opportunity).

Thats the only way the pacers make the playoffs? If the league wants them there? Typical homer B.S.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2014, 10:14 PM
FAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

It looks like a Miami v Spurs rematch.

Without Ibaka to work on Duncan, I'm not sure how the Thunder can manage. Ibaka is their best defender and their best rebounder.

Maybe Steve Adams will step up and explode on everybody, but I doubt it. I like Collison, but...

WOW!! This would be like the Bulls losing Horace Grant going into the conference finals.

HoopsDrive
05-16-2014, 10:31 PM
damn that sucks for OKC, would have been great to see both sides healthy and going at it

Dade County
05-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Thats the only way the pacers make the playoffs? If the league wants them there? Typical homer B.S.

Not a homer post... I believe that the league is rigged, and I believe that they control the HEAT/Lbj... I think the HEAT don't play to their full potential on a nightly basses, because of the talent gap they have over the entire league.

It's not good for business.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Ouch. If Durant carries them though with like a 40-12-5 series, it'd be legendary for his career.

Crackadalic
05-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Spurs got a bye

goku
05-16-2014, 11:05 PM
the lil b curse continues.......

*Superman*
05-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Finals rematch.

EL_MACHETE
05-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I wish Scott Brooks plays Perry Jones at Pf. He haves a lot of potential.

Even without Ibaka I still have faith that Okc will win

Go Okc!

Jarvo
05-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Based God curse?

IKnowHoops
05-16-2014, 11:56 PM
For his countless dirty plays and nut punches. Hitting another man in the nuts when he is least expecting it is the most cowardly move possible.

Exactly!!! I'm not glad he is hurt, but if your doing that type of B.S. you definitely deserve to get hurt. Don't feel bad for him at all. But I do feel for the rest of the team.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2014, 12:00 AM

Does this mean that if the Heat get to the finals you will give them credit for beating a team that is better than them?

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Based God curse?

Yes!!!!!

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Unfortunate news...I still think they have a chance against the Spurs though. Tony Parker might aggravate his own injury, and you never know what KD will do.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Karma.

Steven Adams is a good rim protector...and Reggie Jackson is the third option. Do you even watch this team?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2014, 12:25 AM
:laugh:

I know the Pacers have played like $#!T lately, but they are still capable of beating Miami in a 7-game series.

I got my money on the Heat, and it may very well be a sweep, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Pacer ended up in the finals. If West and Hibbert are playing well, and PG's defense can keep LBJ looking like an All-Star and not an MVP, then the Pacer could really beat on the Heat.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 12:29 AM

Father time will do that for them.

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Even though it sucks for a player to be injured beause I don't wish it on anyone..I'm not exactly crying. Can't see how many more chances the Spurs have to get to play in a finals with Tim and Manu coming to the end of their careers, so I will take anything we can get specially with TP somewhat injured. I was honestly 50/50 on this series, tho with this injury I think we definitely have the advantage now.

It is a huge blow for the Thunder. I personally felt against us, Ibaka was always their 2nd most important player. He always kills us from that midrange, which is what our defense is designed to give most of the time. That and of course his ability to come over and protect the rim. That impact can't be stated enough.

mzgrizz
05-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Definitely cosmic karma time for OKC.....so close but oh so far away

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm curious if the Thunder will go small as much now, and if they do...who will be the center. Collison, Perk, or Adams. None provide the same offensive threat Ibaka does.

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:09 AM
left calf injury? what'd he do...try to kick someone in the nuts?

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM

karma?

dude, don't be pissed at OKC just because your star player was dumb enough to get suspended for game 7!

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 01:14 AM

I still expect a competitive series.That would be so awesome!

:drool:

Old school vs KD!

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Only way Durant will go God mode is if Kawhi gets into foul trouble. Hope the refs don't call bogus fouls on him like the last game they played vs us.

ThuglifeJ
05-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Good

Bostonjorge
05-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Not a homer post... I believe that the league is rigged, and I believe that they control the HEAT/Lbj... I think the HEAT don't play to their full potential on a nightly basses, because of the talent gap they have over the entire league.

It's not good for business.

My favorite heat fan

Chronz
05-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Thats why you win the first seed. Well played San Antonio, hope the Clippers follow suit

arlubas
05-17-2014, 04:00 AM
Me being a Clippers fan, I should probably feel good about this but I don't actually, especially since despite all the blown calls, in the end we gave them the chance to win the games they had to to advance. We blew it.

Back on topic I hate good teams not getting their fair shot at a PO series because of injuries and OKC lost a very important piece in Ibaka. However I do think that they can replace him with a Adams/Collison/PJIII combo. I definitely don't count the Thunder out of the series but it does disrupt their balance and system. However like someone else said before, in the end it's up to KD and WB.

kblo247
05-17-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm the only on who thinks Ibaka not being there helps them beat SA? He's pillow soft inside vs real bigs. 30mins of Collison

DitchDat
05-17-2014, 06:00 AM
That's a tough blow for the Thunder damn

PurpleLynch
05-17-2014, 06:14 AM
That video with the Nba:GOT edition was really on point...now I can hear Westy saying:-The Spurs are coming!

Against the Spurs I think they should go small(height is not one of the strenghts of SA) :
WB
Sefolosha
Butler
Durant
Collison/Adams

Perkins can stay on the bench,he's worse than both Collison and Adams imo.

kdspurman
05-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Only way Durant will go God mode is if Kawhi gets into foul trouble. Hope the refs don't call bogus fouls on him like the last game they played vs us.

I hear Leonard already has 2 fouls heading into game 1 :hide:

Jarvo
05-17-2014, 11:05 AM

I remember in 2012 Harden & Durant getting damn near every call because of Crawford smh

kdspurman
05-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I remember in 2012 Harden & Durant getting damn near every call because of Crawford smh

I try not to think about that :pity: ... I just hope we can take care of business this year. There's a great opportunity here, and despite Ibaka being out, OKC is still dangerous. People are writing them off way too soon

JC_
05-17-2014, 11:27 AM

He's pretty much guaranteed to be in foul trouble atleast 2-3 games this series. That being said, I have a feeling Westbrook will be turning his aggressiveness up 1000% this series and will end up being the main catalyst if OKC ends up winning.

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2014, 12:56 PM
He's pretty much guaranteed to be in foul trouble atleast 2-3 games this series. That being said, I have a feeling Westbrook will be turning his aggressiveness up 1000% this series and will end up being the main catalyst if OKC ends up winning.I hope so. Westbrook is at his best when he's not launching 3's all game long, but instead driving in like a beast and dunking on the whole team.

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I'd live with WB getting aggressive and taking shots away from Durant, specially since it seems WB hardly plays good against us. Last game is the only game in a while I can think of he actually played good.

I just hope Reggie Jackson will be contained, he's been huge for them every time they beat us. Can't stop him for whatever reason.

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 02:09 PM
I hope Spurs will hide Parker on Thabo, and put Green on WB to start off. Save TP some energy, and give Green a reason to be out there.

Jarvo
05-17-2014, 02:29 PM
I try not to think about that :pity: ... I just hope we can take care of business this year. There's a great opportunity here, and despite Ibaka being out, OKC is still dangerous. People are writing them off way too soon

Indeed, They still have KD who is the MVP, Westbrook and Reggie Jackson been stepping it up as of late.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 02:54 PM

You're so butthurt over your teams loss. Get over it.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 02:59 PM

Exactly. Ibaka is a solid player, but he isn't Durant or Westbrook. His production can put up by other guys on the team.

Does it make things more difficult for the Thunder? Absolutely, but they can still beat the Spurs without Ibaka.

Wade n Fade
05-17-2014, 02:59 PM
No Ibaka, no series. If Parker aggravated his injury further and is out for the playoffs (G-d forbid), then you have a poetic justice making it into a series. With Ibaka, Thunder in 7, without, Spurs in 5. I want to see a Thunder Heat rematch from 2012, but it wouldn't be as good without Ibaka.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 03:03 PM
No Ibaka, no series. If Parker aggravated his injury further and is out for the playoffs (G-d forbid), then you have a poetic justice making it into a series. With Ibaka, Thunder in 7, without, Spurs in 5. I want to see a Thunder Heat rematch from 2012, but it wouldn't be as good without Ibaka.

He averaged 12, 7, and 2...Those numbers can be replaced. Butler for scoring and Adams for rebounding and rim protection.

Wade n Fade
05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
He averaged 12, 7, and 2...Those numbers can be replaced. Butler for scoring and Adams for rebounding and rim protection.

You cannot replace his intangibles like the ability to force players to alter their shots. Adams and Perkins are 5's and neither of them are good. Nick Collison is a decent role player. Ibaka brings a midrange jump shot, a post player, an elite defender mentality, and rebounding. Now, the Thunder are weaker defensively. Can't rely on Butler to provide a lot either. This series will go 5.

Joshtd1
05-17-2014, 03:14 PM

It's not just about numbers being replaced..not sure if you are a Thunder fan, but if you are you should know the huge impact Ibaka has against our team. It is a huge blow.

Saw this on another forum I lurk on:

In the 148 minutes the OKC shot-blocking terror has been on the floor against the Spurs this season, San Antonio managed to shoot a putrid 42.3 percent from the floor with a true-shooting mark of 49.3, nearly 8 percent worse than its regular-season average. Near the rim, where Ibakaís presence is most noticeable, the splits are even more dramatic. The Spurs shot 48 percent at the rim when he was on the floor during the teamsí four games against one another; when he was off, that number ballooned to 61.9 percent.

And get this: San Antonio managed only 93 points per 100 possessions in Ibakaís shadow this season, compared to a staggering 120.8 offensive-efficiency rating in the 48 minutes his butt was on the bench. This news isnít Durant- or Westbrook-level devastating for Oklahoma City, but itís damn close. Heís been so incredibly important for that team against the Spurs this season, and his absence will greatly swing the forecast of this series.

While he may not put up 20-12 type numbers, I still feel he is their 2nd most valuable player against us.

Not writing the Thunder off by any means, but I feel a lot more comfortable with the Spurs winning now that he is out. More so than I would if Westbrook was out honestly.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Except that in these playoffs, their defense has been better with Ibaka off the court. I'm not worried, and Spurs fans shouldn't feel more at ease. You still have to deal with the MVP and one of the top guards in the league. Your hands will be full.

Ibaka is a great role player, and he'll be missed, but as I said, he can be replaced. And yes, I'm a Thunder fan. I know how important he is, but I also know that he isn't KD or Westbrook type important either.

If this were prime Tim Duncan we were going against, I'd be worried. As it stands, as long as Parkers injury slows him down a bit, I'm not worried about interior scoring. I'm more worried about our perimeter defense which, at times, completely disappears. With the Spurs being a great three point shooting team, this is something they need to step their game up on.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 04:42 PM
You cannot replace his intangibles like the ability to force players to alter their shots. Adams and Perkins are 5's and neither of them are good. Nick Collison is a decent role player. Ibaka brings a midrange jump shot, a post player, an elite defender mentality, and rebounding. Now, the Thunder are weaker defensively. Can't rely on Butler to provide a lot either. This series will go 5.

Adams is a solid player, especially considering he's a rookie. He'll be really good someday.

1. We have other guys who can score and replace the 12 points per game he gave us. He was only taking 5 shots a game. Not that hard to replace.

2. Ibaka isn't a post player. He has limited post up moves. We suck in the post. Westbrook is our best post player. If you're referring the defending, Perkins is a better post defender than Ibaka.

3. He wasn't even leading the team in rebounds. Westbrook was out-rebounding Ibaka... Adams, Collison, Perkins, and possibly Jones can easily replace the number.

The stats say, in the postseason we're stronger without him.

tredigs
05-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Adams is a solid player, especially considering he's a rookie. He'll be really good someday.

1. We have other guys who can score and replace the 12 points per game he gave us. He was only taking 5 shots a game. Not that hard to replace.

2. Ibaka isn't a post player. He has limited post up moves. We suck in the post. Westbrook is our best post player. If you're referring the defending, Perkins is a better post defender than Ibaka.

3. He wasn't even leading the team in rebounds. Westbrook was out-rebounding Ibaka... Adams, Collison, Perkins, and possibly Jones can easily replace the number.

The stats say, in the postseason we're stronger without him.

First of all, he takes closer to 9 shots a night as their #3 at a team leading 66% TS with by far the best offensive rating. Replacing that with more time of Adams + Perkins and their 0 floor spacing ability is a negative. He's also by far the teams best paint protector; Splitter + Duncan are going to dominate the post. This series ended before it began.

Red_Pill
05-17-2014, 06:04 PM
First of all, he takes closer to 9 shots a night as their #3 at a team leading 66% TS with by far the best offensive rating. Replacing that with more time of Adams + Perkins and their 0 floor spacing ability is a negative. He's also by far the teams best paint protector; Splitter + Duncan are going to dominate the post. This series ended before it began.

Okay, he takes closer to 9. You didn't refute my other points. He's not key offensively is my point. Defensively, yes, his presence will be missed, but as I said, other guys are just going to have to step up, which they can.

They'll be fine without him. This series will be competitive. The Spurs are the favorites for sure, with or without Ibaka, but I think the Thunder will surprise many. I think they've still got a good chance to win this series.

As for floor spacing, Collison and Jones, if Brooks chooses to play him can space the floor just as well. We will find a way to win. Gotta have faith in the MVP.

scissors
05-17-2014, 11:10 PM
TERRIBLE NEWS FOR OKC...

They were going to lose the series anyway but now management will have an excuse to not fire Brooks.

jp611
05-18-2014, 12:23 AM

Home court

KnicksLover
05-18-2014, 03:59 AM

you have a sad sad life. i pity you.

Red_Pill
05-18-2014, 10:13 AM
OKC is going to win this series. Just watch.

kdspurman
05-23-2014, 12:41 PM

This is why the Spurs players didn't believe the initial report. They went into this series with the mindset that he would play.

Updated the thread title to reflect the new status

Method28
05-23-2014, 12:49 PM

This is why the Spurs players didn't believe the initial report. They went into this series with the mindset that he would play.

Updated the thread title to reflect the new status

He better come in on roids to make the difference up

NYKnickFanatic
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/05/22/a658c5ea6b12cd1022ca1442d51b8802.gif?1400785826

#HailBasedGod

king4day
This is OKC realizing that without Ibaka, any hope is lost. I assume that if he reinjures the calf, the offseason is enough time for a full recovery.
If he plays, I could see the Thunder winning game 3.

kdspurman
05-23-2014, 12:51 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/05/22/a658c5ea6b12cd1022ca1442d51b8802.gif?1400785826

#HailBasedGod

When I saw that yesterday, that was going to be my sig. But I figured i'd wait to see if we went up 3-1. It's awesome.

Method28
05-23-2014, 12:54 PM

#HailBasedGod

Lmao oh I'm dyin over here

NYKnickFanatic
05-23-2014, 01:00 PM
When I saw that yesterday, that was going to be my sig. But I figured i'd wait to see if we went up 3-1. It's awesome.

Yes, it's amazing. I also enjoy this one for some reason:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-05/enhanced/webdr06/23/8/anigif_enhanced-buzz-23542-1400849699-24.gif

kdspurman
05-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Yes, it's amazing. I also enjoy this one for some reason:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-05/enhanced/webdr06/23/8/anigif_enhanced-buzz-23542-1400849699-24.gif

Hadn't seen that one :laugh: Awesome

mngopher35
05-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Hopefully he returns and can make an impact. Lets see a good series from here on out.

torocan
05-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Smells like a desperation move from OKC. Hopefully this doesn't lead to a more serious injury for Ibaka, however what are they supposed to do when the Spurs are running them off the floor?

I'm guessing the OKC coaches all sat in a room, reviewed the film, then turned to each other and said....

"I got nothing..."

Dade County
05-23-2014, 01:44 PM
:laugh2:

The Script writers do it again... compiling, theater, drama. I wonder whats next.

NBA = Entertainment

P&GRealist
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
:laugh2:

The Script writers do it again... compiling, theater, drama. I wonder whats next.

NBA = Entertainment

:yawn:

Jarvo
05-23-2014, 02:03 PM
To be honest I don't think he plays, But if he does bring it on! Because The Spurs didn't believe he would be out anyway.

Yanks All Day
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Once again, the Spurs are smarter than everyone else.

Even if Ibaka plays on a sore calf, its not going to help all that much when the Spurs are running all over the floor. If his calf is even 80%, it will still be difficult chasing all these Spurs around with the way they move the ball.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Unless Ibaka is at close to 100%, it's gonna be the Spurs in 4.
Why? Pop is not going to let OKC breathe (after 2 years ago with that 2-4 defeat after being up 2-0).

I'm beginning to believe he's the #1 Greatest Coach of All-Time * (and he is simply NOT going to allow OKC ANY hope at all - he knows BEST of all, that they're dangerous)

*Leading THE best 17-year run ever.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Smells like a desperation move from OKC. Hopefully this doesn't lead to a more serious injury for Ibaka, however what are they supposed to do when the Spurs are running them off the floor?

I'm guessing the OKC coaches all sat in a room, reviewed the film, then turned to each other and said....

"I got nothing..."

Hey torocan,
It's 100% true "they got nothing..."

Without Ibaka, Pop could let KD and Westy together get 80; and the Spurs would still win (and without killing themselves in the effort). If the Spurs work hard to make it really tough for KD & Westy, every game is a BLOW-OUT. Without Ibaka, the Spurs are WAY too DEEP.

What a shame; I would have so much preferred a tough series between these two great teams.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 02:41 PM
PLUS, if the Spurs take OKC out in 4; they win the Finals because they'll be rested and on "all-4", make that all 8-10 man rotation. Otherwise, and I'm assuming the HEAT return to the Finals; it'd be a real dog-fight (the Spurs were gonna beat OKC, probably in 7, anyway).

Yanks All Day
05-23-2014, 02:52 PM
PLUS, if the Spurs take OKC out in 4; they win the Finals because they'll be rested and on "all-4", make that all 8-10 man rotation. Otherwise, and I'm assuming the HEAT return to the Finals; it'd be a real dog-fight (the Spurs were gonna beat OKC, probably in 7, anyway).

It better be Spurs-Heat, at least for entertainment's sake. Spurs would take the Pacers out in 4. Indy has to win games in the 80s while San Antonio is worried about hitting 120. Miami's super star talent would be a great matchup. I'd bet on another 7 game series.

Red_Pill
05-23-2014, 03:05 PM
If he comes back, it'll probably be limited minutes, but who knows, could help make a difference. Would be amusing for him to come back and save the day, but I'm not counting on it.

At this juncture, I think it's more important that they're swept so Brooks is relived of his duties. This team isn't winning a championship without a GOOD coach.

2012 showed their limit. 2013 showed how inept he is at finding solutions when guys are injured, and 2014 is showing this very same thing again.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
He should come back. This is the WCF, a strain should not be enough to keep you out too long. Time to sack up and play.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 04:03 PM
He should come back. This is the WCF, a strain should not be enough to keep you out too long. Time to sack up and play.

Hey bp&g,
I don't know about that. I bet IF he could play WITHOUT serious risk of re-injury, he would have been playing already - nobody likes missing Play Off games, especially not major contributors to the team's success.

Bostonjorge
05-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Okc winning 3 strait games.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Okc winning 3 strait games.

Hey Bj,
That'd make for one great series; bet the odds against it are like 100-1 about now.

Jtirado16
05-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Thunder are going all in this season. I think they somehow pull it off..

P&GRealist
05-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Last yr, Spurs swept the Grizz while Heat beat Pacers in 7.

And the Heat still won the chip.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 05:24 PM

Hey P&GR,
True; but this HEAT team, even with DWade playing decidedly better than last year, just strikes me as considerably more vulnerable (not as deep).

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 05:25 PM

HKey P&GR,
CONGRATS on the big 4,000 !

kdspurman
05-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Ibaka will likely change some shots in the paint, but considering he's not 100%, I look for SA to continue to attack the way they have been. It means OKC probably won't fully collapse and leave the shooters, so the Spurs shooters will have to hit some contested shots. I'd also think Parker is more aggressive as well considering he's had 3 days off to rest his hammy. I think he could have a big scoring night.

I still think SA's game plan defensively will be sound. Splitter has guarded Dirk and Aldridge extremely effectively, I have no doubt he will do the same in terms of contesting Ibaka's shots. Splitter playing meaningful/impactful minutes is one of the many significant differences between this series and 2012.

tredigs
05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
@RedPhil, I will accept your apology whenever you feel appropriate ; )

Collison + Jones have what, 8 total points combined through 2 games in that offensive slot?

mzgrizz
05-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Ibaka will likely change some shots in the paint, but considering he's not 100%, I look for SA to continue to attack the way they have been. It means OKC probably won't fully collapse and leave the shooters, so the Spurs shooters will have to hit some contested shots. I'd also think Parker is more aggressive as well considering he's had 3 days off to rest his hammy. I think he could have a big scoring night.

I still think SA's game plan defensively will be sound. Splitter has guarded Dirk and Aldridge extremely effectively, I have no doubt he will do the same in terms of contesting Ibaka's shots. Splitter playing meaningful/impactful minutes is one of the many significant differences between this series and 2012.

Tiago Splitter has been a huge plus for the Spurs. He has come light years since the 2011 Playoffs.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Tiago Splitter has been a huge plus for the Spurs. He has come light years since the 2011 Playoffs.

Hey mzgrizz,
It's almost UNFAIR. Who's responsible for this team being so damned deep?!?!

P&GRealist
05-23-2014, 11:01 PM
HKey P&GR,
CONGRATS on the big 4,000 !

Hey thanks! :cheers:

SilverFalco8
05-23-2014, 11:02 PM
That really sucks for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Without Ibaka, i don't think the Thunder will win a game in this series.

mzgrizz
05-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey mzgrizz,
It's almost UNFAIR. Who's responsible for this team being so damned deep?!?!

Smart smart FO and coach of the millennium in Pop. Wish Pop was cloned and we could get him for the Grizz !!!

mzgrizz
05-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Thunder fans should probably wish Ibaka wasn't going to play and risk more injury for what is certainly a losing cause.

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Hey thanks! :cheers:

Hey P&GR,
Had you noticed?

It seems like I was "born to notice numbers and patterns within them". Can't say it's anything necessarily to be proud of - so there always that!

Whatever, dude! :cheers: (I keep waiting for these mugs to smash).

Pablonovi
05-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Thunder fans should probably wish Ibaka wasn't going to play and risk more injury for what is certainly a losing cause.

Hey mzgrizz,
Yikes, Santa Clause forbid!

I kind of wish you'd of not mentioned this. Makes me cringe just thinking about it; like when I see some guy get hit in the balls; and I can kind of feel it there too? (Who am I asking this question of?)

Bostonjorge
05-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey Bj,
That'd make for one great series; bet the odds against it are like 100-1 about now.

All they need is a little momentum.

Pablonovi
05-24-2014, 12:09 AM
All they need is a little momentum.

Hey Bj,
Maybe a little bit more than a little? And maybe some other stuff too: like Brooks out-coaching one of the greatest coaches of all-time; seemingly at the Peak of his powers; AND, out-playing a team despite being significantly "out-numbered" rotation-wise?

I'm not even sure "momentum" is an actual or just a perceived phenomenon. It seems you have it when you're doing good; and you lose it as soon as you aren't. And this can and does often change from series to series, from game to game and even within games. I'm not sure the term actually measures anything real.

Red_Pill
05-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Splitter playing meaningful/impactful minutes is one of the many significant differences between this series and 2012.

Yeah, two completely different Splitters. 2012 Splitter was airballing free throws, while 2014 Splitter is a really solid player.

Red_Pill
05-24-2014, 08:49 AM

Yeah, it would be better to just not try at all. :rolleyes:

mzgrizz
05-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Hey mzgrizz,
Yikes, Santa Clause forbid!

I kind of wish you'd of not mentioned this. Makes me cringe just thinking about it; like when I see some guy get hit in the balls; and I can kind of feel it there too? (Who am I asking this question of?)

well, I am a Mz..... but I can be empathetic

mzgrizz
05-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it would be better to just not try at all. :rolleyes:

How will I be able to tell? :rolleyes: