PDA

View Full Version : Sources: 'Deron Williams wants out of Brooklyn' - Brian Geltzeiler

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Sources have told Hoopscritic.com that this falling out between Williams and Nets management, specifically Nets GM Billy King, has resulted in a mutual decision between the two parties to split. Williams, and his wife, essentially want out of Brooklyn and King is more than happy to accommodate them.

Geltzeiler adds that this will be "easier said than done for King" considering the length and price tag on Williams deal, three years, 63-million dollars. "There's no guarantee that Williams gets dealt," Geltzeiler reports. "Both sides completely understand that the Nets may not be able to get rid of his contract in a way that works for the organization."

The lack of passion and leadership from Williams of late has led to the falling out. "There is widespread frustration in the organization with Deron's lack of confidence and lack of competitive fire," Geltzeiler reports. "Management and the coaching staff have tired of Deron and he's tired of being their object of disappointment."

In the piece, Geltzeiler brings up the Houston Rockets, who pursed Williams earlier in the year. King turned down the Rockets offer abruptly, but Geltzeiler believes that the Rockets can be back in play after Houston's GM Daryl Morrey was quoted of saying he was going to go after an All-Star this offseason. If the Nets were to look at the Rockets as a potential trade partner, Geltzeiler believes "King will not say no." He also points out that the Nets will be able to become a player in free agency if the Nets were to acquire the likes of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, who were reportedly offered to Brooklyn in the winter, the team can become a player in free agency as soon as 2015.

[source] (http://hoopscritic.com/2014/05/16/the-deronbrooklyn-pending-divorce.aspx)

well...

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Interesting. If this was DWill of 3-4 yrs ago, I would take him. But now, he's just damaged goods.

Maybe the Rockets try to get him for Asik, Lin, Parsons and a pick?

If Dwill is gone, this basically guarantees Pierce leaves in free agency, KG retires, and Prokhy's guarantee of winning a title in 5 yrs is a bust.

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Interesting. If this was DWill of 3-4 yrs ago, I would take him. But now, he's just damaged goods.

If Dwill is gone, this basically guarantees Pierce leaves in free agency, KG retires, and Prokhy's guarantee of winning a title in 5 yrs is a bust.

If I'm the Roxs I ain't trading Parsons, they'd want Parsons but I ain't. I don't gotta do this deal.

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:38 PM
AK47 was asked on IG if it was true

ak47net
@mattventiere no idea

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM

llooll. Houston aint that dumb. Right now AsianSensation Lin is better than dwill. And u throw in Asik in too? Haha

Greet
05-16-2014, 03:44 PM
llooll. Houston aint that dumb. Right now AsianSensation Lin is better than dwill. And u throw in Asik in too? Haha

Lin is not better than DWill. I'm not sure if this is true or not. I guess we will find out.

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Billy King is just robbing $$$ from that organization.

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Lin is not better than DWill. I'm not sure if this is true or not. I guess we will find out.

he is.

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 03:48 PM

I cant believe im comparing dwill to a guy like Lin today. It was just yesterday when dwil was compare to cp3. He has fallen harder than dwight howard

xxplayerxx23
05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
he is.

No he's not :laugh:

NYJ - NYY
05-16-2014, 03:49 PM

As of this year... Lin is better

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Yes he is.

Oh how I pray to see you w/ a Harden and Casper backcourt to see that.

NYJ - NYY
05-16-2014, 03:50 PM
I cant believe im comparing dwill to a guy like Lin today. It was just yesterday when dwil was compare to cp3. He has fallen harder than dwight howard

I agree but it's hard to disagree with the notion that dwill is any better. I mean he looks so lackadaisical and careless out there. No drive heart or passion.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 03:53 PM
he is.

He's not. No matter what barometer you use to judge players and point guards, D-Will is still better. Williams has a lead in points, assists, shooting percentages, scoring efficiency, PER and WS. And I'd still take Williams defensively over Lin by a wide margin.

That being said, I do not want Williams in Houston. If money was no object I'd gladly take him as an upgrade over Lin and Beverley. But that contract is horrific and would cripple the Rockets moving forward with the team. I don't think Morey would even offer Lin and Asik for Williams straight up at this point. The contact is that bad. And to whoever suggested the Rockets include Parsons in that deal, that's ****ing ridiculous. Regardless of their contracts, I wouldn't deal Parsons for Williams straight up right now. Parsons is simply a better basketball player.

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 03:55 PM
I agree but it's hard to disagree with the notion that dwill is any better. I mean he looks so lackadaisical and careless out there. No drive heart or passion.

All that ankle breakers did him good but some ppl still think he is top five PG

Bostonjorge
05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Rockets should jump all over this. Williams is not the same player he use to be but he's still the best player there going to get for Lin and Asik. Williams would be a great 3rd or 4th option. He put up solid numbers for the nets.

Only problem is hardens D is so bad. It's going to be hard to bring in players that can help harden not look so terrible.

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 03:59 PM
He's not. No matter what barometer you use to judge players and point guards, D-Will is still better. Williams has a lead in points, assists, shooting percentages, scoring efficiency, PER and WS. And I'd still take Williams defensively over Lin by a wide margin.

That being said, I do not want Williams in Houston. If money was no object I'd gladly take him as an upgrade over Lin and Beverley. But that contract is horrific and would cripple the Rockets moving forward with the team. I don't think Morey would even offer Lin and Asik for Williams straight up at this point. The contact is that bad. And to whoever suggested the Rockets include Parsons in that deal, that's ****ing ridiculous. Regardless of their contracts, I wouldn't deal Parsons for Williams straight up right now. Parsons is simply a better basketball player.

That was p&g realist suggesting parson

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 04:00 PM

LOLS ok. Don't say NY didn't warn you. We watched him out here. Both Knicks and Nets fans. We saw what and how he got his points. But ok.

sens#11fan
05-16-2014, 04:01 PM
This dude went from a 1a-1b point guard to being a top 10 pg.

xxplayerxx23
05-16-2014, 04:01 PM
No deron is easily better then Lin at literally everything.

shauneazy
05-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Lakers should make a move.. forget what u heard

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 04:08 PM

The Knicks wouldn't even take Deron Williams over Jeremy Lin. Say that's not true.

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Lakers should make a move.. forget what u heard

Yeah he got his rogaine back. Lakers should get him

flea
05-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Doubt he ever plays 60 games a season again, and I doubt you get very much for him. I think he can be a solid contributor at the right price, though.

nycericanguy
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM

ROTFL!

Lin alone is better than Dwil at this point, or at least equal when you factor injuries, contract and hairlines..There are reports Dwil will have surgery on BOTH ankles this offseason. Yea I'd gladly take Lin over Dwil at this point.

I could see Asik & Lin for Dwil... but adding a pick and Parsons? No way, if anything the Nets might have to throw in some 2nd rounders if they want Asik in the deal.

I wouldn't do Asik & Lin for Dwil on HOU's side though, not with Parsons due for a big raise next year. Do you really want 4 guys making close to max?

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2014, 04:20 PM

All I would offer if I was Houston is Lin and Asik, and I'd try to get Garnett out of the deal as well.

D-Will is a huge gamble at this point in his career. If I were Houston, Boston is the team I'd be calling up to get a point guard.

SeoulBeatz
05-16-2014, 04:20 PM

That's way too much considering how low D Wills value is right now.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 04:21 PM
LOLS ok. Don't say NY didn't warn you. We watched him out here. Both Knicks and Nets fans. We saw what and how he got his points. But ok.

I don't understand what your point is whatsoever. You bolded the comment about his defense and then proceeded to talk about how he got his point. I don't care what you use to judge those two players, but anybody with half a brain who has watched them play and knows how numbers work would say that Deron Williams is a superior basketball player to Jeremy Lin by a wide margin. And let's not forget that I'm a Rockets fan, so.....

Sadds The Gr8
05-16-2014, 04:23 PM
He's a bum. Suddenly one of the worst contracts in the league. He's not even a top 10 pg anymore

Blitzace137
05-16-2014, 04:24 PM

co-signed, watched both D-Will and Lin play, Lin is the better player right now, I know a few nets fan that would trade d-will for Lin.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 04:26 PM
co-signed, watch both D-Will and Lin play, Lin is the better player right now, I know a few nets fan that would trade d-will for Lin.

Numbers and every Nets game I've watched this year suggest completely otherwise.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2014, 04:27 PM

I'm going to guess that Lin is better a speaking Mandarin than D-Will (though Lin admits he's not as good at is as he'd like to, he can at least read and write). I heard that Lin is a better gamer and would kick D-Will's @$$ at DoTA2

nycericanguy
05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Numbers and every Nets game I've watched this year suggest completely otherwise.

DWil's numbers might be slightly better across the board, but he also started and played more minutes. Lin is a rhythm player, there's no question in my mind he could put up more than 14 & 6 if he started on BK and played 33mpg.

That being said, factoring in contracts, age, attitude and injuries... Lin > Dwil

Bruno
05-16-2014, 04:30 PM
:laugh:

Bruno
05-16-2014, 04:33 PM
his contract is too horrendous to even consider "buying low" on him, unfortunately.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Lakers somehow via trade and then see melo go there in FA

Blitzace137
05-16-2014, 04:38 PM
DWil's numbers might be slightly better across the board, but he also started and played more minutes. Lin is a rhythm player, there's no question in my mind he could put up more than 14 & 6 if he started on BK and played 33mpg.

That being said, factoring in contracts, age, attitude and injuries... Lin > Dwil

Exactly, you have to factor everything in, once you do it's clear Lin is the better player.

futureman
05-16-2014, 04:39 PM
He is way overpaid. I'm glad the Jazz traded him when they did. I was advocating it for a year before it happened because I could see this coming.

Leftcoast_yg
05-16-2014, 04:43 PM
No thank on dwill unless its for nash and fillers

smith&wesson
05-16-2014, 04:44 PM
his contract is untradable, especially considering how injury prone he is as well as inconssitent. good luck trying to move him.

lin and asik for d.will would be robbery for houston at this point. giving up two solid rotational players for a fringe all star whos always injured, requiring surgery, and when he does play you wonder if hes going to show up..

raiderposting
05-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Lin is garbage. I think Dwill would do good with a change of scenery.

Ill21
05-16-2014, 04:52 PM
The Knicks wouldn't even take Deron Williams over Jeremy Lin. Say that's not true.

Stop it.

Williams>>>>Lin and its not even close

KniCks4LiFe
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Stop it.

LOLS ... sure it's not. :laugh:

raiderposting
05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
LOLS ... sure it's not. :laugh:

:facepalm:

zn23
05-16-2014, 05:06 PM
He's fat, slow, and nowhere near as good as he once was. His value will be low, unless some team is stupid enough to overpay for him.

Bruno
05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Brooklyn needs him to play better next year. he has too many years left on his deal and is at too low of a low point to be shipped off for nothing. he is untradeable right now unless Morey wants to trade Osik and Lin for Williams and KG.

colinskik
05-16-2014, 05:11 PM
This is hilarious to me. DWill is injury prone, has a fatty contract and basically forced the Nets' hand to trade away picks for years in order to get established players to convince him to stay. Then when he is finally healthy he plays with no passion or drive and does nothing in the way of leadership to help the team win.

And now HE wants out?!? He really strikes me as the ultimate prima donna. And his fake hair really skeeves me out.

Bruno
05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
This is hilarious to me. DWill is injury prone, has a fatty contract and basically forced the Nets' hand to trade away picks for years in order to get established players to convince him to stay. Then when he is finally healthy he plays with no passion or drive and does nothing in the way of leadership to help the team win.

And now HE wants out?!? He really strikes me as the ultimate prima donna. And his fake hair really skeeves me out.

haha x2. i think Williams is one of the biggest babies in the NBA and I hope Sloan is laughing in his rocking chair right now.

bathroom_man
05-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Remember deron williams & carlos boozer, the next karl malone & johnny stockton?

kblo247
05-16-2014, 05:55 PM

He is and he isn't. Deron has Baron Davis syndrome. He can be one of the best or be fat and unmotivated. Theres no real median for how he plays and competes

kblo247
05-16-2014, 05:58 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Lakers somehow via trade and then see melo go there in FA

It would have to be Nash based to even make sense

mdm692
05-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Lakers with Melo, Kyrie, Love and whoever else they gonna get.

numba1CHANGsta
05-16-2014, 06:08 PM
You could tell Deron was frustrated. every time he would pass the ball to someone they would mess it up. With Pierce most likely leaving and JJ being the only help he has, of course he's going to be unhappy. Only problem is no one will trade for him, only team I could see is Houston, Lin/Asik for Deron?

North Yorker
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't think anyone will trade for him, and if they do it won't be for much of a haul.
Houston? Sacramento? Indy?

Houston makes some sense, as they want to get rid of the bloated last year of Lin & Asik's deals.

Sacramento comes to mind only because they made a similar trade for Gay, and it has worked out for them. They seem to like big name players, and they have plenty of filler contracts they could send the other way. Not sure how highly regarded IT is there though, and if DWill is an upgrade over him or not?

Indy seems unlikely, but if they feel like they need a move to put them over the top they could take a chance on him I guess.

Shammyguy3
05-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Deron Williams for George Hill & David West. Which team says no?

IND: Williams - Stephenson - George - Scola - Hibbert
BRK: Hill - Johnson - Pierce - West - Lopez with Garnett off the bench

Slug3
05-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Trade him back to Utah.

Slug3
05-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Deron Williams for George Hill & David West. Which team says no?

IND: Williams - Stephenson - George - Scola - Hibbert
BRK: Hill - Johnson - Pierce - West - Lopez with Garnett off the bench

David west is just a about done and Hill sucks.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
He looks fat old and slow. Pass

Asik's better
05-16-2014, 06:38 PM
You could tell Deron was frustrated. every time he would pass the ball to someone they would mess it up. With Pierce most likely leaving and JJ being the only help he has, of course he's going to be unhappy. Only problem is no one will trade for him, only team I could see is Houston, Lin/Asik for Deron?
Houston says no.

Super.
05-16-2014, 06:45 PM
As a Boston fan with all of Brooklyns picks from now til the end of time

http://i.imgur.com/Q0bmOEJ.gif

Jets012
05-16-2014, 06:48 PM
As a Nets fan, I think it's time to get rid of him as well. The thing is, he had a below-average year this year, but he was still a very solid player the year prior. In my opinion, it's hard to get an accurate look at him. It's tough to assess whether his injuries will slow him down the rest of his career or if a full off-season of rest with treatment will help him.

For those of you saying his contract is untradable, you are wrong. While it will be very tough to move him, history has shown in the past that any contract is moveable in this league.

And D-Will>>>>>Lin, it's not an argument either.

mdm692
05-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Dwill for Stat and Hardaway Jr.

Dade County
05-16-2014, 09:27 PM
D Will should have never signed with the nets after getting traded there. I don't care what the media or NBA fans would have said about him.

I just hope he gets healthy sooner then later.

sep11ie
05-16-2014, 09:31 PM

Knicks fans have to start defending Lin again(after 2 years of saying how bad he sucks) since there are rumors he end up back there.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Stop it.

This easily. LOLOLOL. Lin had trouble crossing half court against the Heat. Deron is just playing very uninspired b-ball. He doesn't mesh well with what they are trying to do so that it. Skill wise Deron still kills Lin. If his head is right, he's proven to be a top 5 PG for like 8 years now. Lin isn't a starter in this league so please.

still1ballin
05-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Time for the nets to rebuild.
Eh?

Their plan failed

P&GRealist
05-17-2014, 12:15 AM
It would have to be Nash based to even make sense

Nash + Lakers lotto pick 7-9 + Nick Young (S&T) to BKN for DWILL is the only way that would even happen.

Then sign Melo with the capspace and resign Pau on the cheap.

DWill
Kobe
Melo
Pau
defensive big man

LOL

Hotone1401
05-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Lin is definitely better than D-Will now. Maybe not two years ago but Deron is probably the least consistent PG there is. He has no shot, can't penetrate, and plays weak defense. He's basically useless on the floor.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Interesting that DWill basically ran off Sloan, who made him an all star level player, was traded, has never been near as good, and is now doing this crap again.

At least the fat kid from the Head/Willams/Head trio got paid, right?

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:27 AM
what is this Lin is better crap? Lin is a pretty good backup, but can't guard anyone, and turns the ball over like a machine. He is a nice change of pace scoring backup. Williams, while nowhere near an all star level PG anymore, is clearly better.

Blitzace137
05-17-2014, 12:39 AM
This easily. LOLOLOL. Lin had trouble crossing half court against the Heat. Deron is just playing very uninspired b-ball. He doesn't mesh well with what they are trying to do so that it. Skill wise Deron still kills Lin. If his head is right, he's proven to be a top 5 PG for like 8 years now. Lin isn't a starter in this league so please.

Your basing your opinion on past accolades. Of course D-Will has been the better player over the course of his career, of course he's the better player when he is healthy. But the fact is he isn't healthy, and nobody knows if he ever will be again. There is no reason why he should be playing uninspired. If you factor everything in Lin is the better player as of right now.

Blitzace137
05-17-2014, 12:42 AM
what is this Lin is better crap? Lin is a pretty good backup, but can't guard anyone, and turns the ball over like a machine. He is a nice change of pace scoring backup. Williams, while nowhere near an all star level PG anymore, is clearly better.

D-Will has been that bad, I watched both of them play this season, Lin was better imo. When healthy D-Will is clearly the better player.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2014, 12:51 AM
D-Will has been that bad, I watched both of them play this season, Lin was better imo. When healthy D-Will is clearly the better player.

Lin was a "slightly" more effective scorer, but Williams was better at everything else that matters at the position. Williams is a better player. There is really no way to argue that imo. The Rockets, most nights, have lesser PG's than their opponents. And I mean a large majority of the time.

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2014, 12:57 AM
He should just retire

DitchDat
05-17-2014, 06:03 AM
That escalated quickly

PurpleLynch
05-17-2014, 06:37 AM
He has to cut his salary,his contract is horrible. When he'll do it,teams will ask for him. D-Will is in his decline,but in a contender as a role player he could be good.

GrumpyOldMan
05-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Have injuries over the years taken their toll or has Williams simply become uninspired and lazy? Either way he isn't the player he used to be and the only way Brooklyn will be able to move them is to take another really bad contract back. It's sad really. He used to be a very good player.

sep11ie
05-17-2014, 07:38 AM
He has to cut his salary,his contract is horrible. When he'll do it,teams will ask for him. D-Will is in his decline,but in a contender as a role player he could be good.

Still has 3 years left.

Caesaleo
05-17-2014, 09:52 AM
They should have never given up what they did to build a "championship-contending team." I don't really blame King and Prok for trying to attract fans to the new city, but if they would have been patient and grown through the draft they could have built around Favors, Lillard (the #6 pick in the Gerald Wallace trade), Lopez, and a slew of picks they would still have from the Joe Johnson and Pierce/Garnett trades. Patience is a virtue that the Nets would know nothing about.

Lindystud36
05-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Trade Dwill and Lopez to the Lakers for their first pick in the draft
Trade KG to Detroit who buys him out allowing him to sign for the vet min with LA Clips, Detroit Sends the Nets Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings (Detroit is ready for a complete rebuild, while the nets stay contenders)

PG: Livingston/Jennings
SG: Joe Johnson/ Alan Anderson
SF: AK47/ Mirza Teletovic/ Bogan Bordognavic(Euro Stash)
PF: Josh Smith/ Plumlee
C: Blache
Bench: Lakers First Round Pick

Rids Nets of Dwill, Lopez, KG, Pierce Contracts
Smith$ < DWILL$
Jennings < KG$
Save On Lopez$ and Not Resigning PP

koreancabbage
05-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Trade KG to Detroit who buys him out allowing him to sign for the vet min with LA Clips, Detroit Sends the Nets Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings (Detroit is ready for a complete rebuild, while the nets stay contenders)

Smith$ < DWILL$
Jennings < KG$

DWill isn't worth a 1st rounder. and the Nets are giving up too much to the Lakers for their first. with both Lopez AND Williams going for just 1 pick lol.

I think Lakers might jump because of Kobe's age.

OlivaThor
05-17-2014, 10:37 AM
If he was like 10 m/year i would like him in Pistons instead of Jennings. But 19,754,465$?? :puke:

Wade n Fade
05-17-2014, 10:57 AM

Smith$ < DWILL$
Jennings < KG$

So the Lakers will have two out of their prime PGs that are overpaid?

PurpleLynch
05-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Still has 3 years left.

:facepalm: My fault,I've forgotten completely.

raiderfaninTX
05-17-2014, 11:28 AM
dwill is a coach killer lets all be honest

ManningToTyree
05-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Dwill has regressed significantly and is not the best player for a contender anymore. That said comparing him to Lin is laughable. Williams is still a very good pg just not an elite one. Lin is a lower third starter

DoMeFavors
05-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Brian Geltzeiler probably the best source of news in the NBA world, wow what a story he broke....

in all seriousness why was this brought foward? who is this guy he has like a thousand followers and Deron Williams just yesterday said he wants the entire team back next year for another run but lets believe this guy over the horses mouth.

Giannis94
05-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Just watch a team like the Bucks get Williams for an equally ****** player like Larry Sanders (good talent but extreme headcase)

JWO35
05-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Smith$ < DWILL$
Jennings < KG$
I doubt Detroit would do that...I think SVG would rather give Smith a chance before giving him up for literally nothing. Plus Jennings' contract isn't bad in the slightest he's worth keeping around just based on his ability to feed Drummond the ball.

DoMeFavors
05-17-2014, 11:53 AM
There arent many people I would trade Deron Williams for in the NBA. Lebron, Durant, Healthy Rose are the only players I would trade Deron for. When Deron is healthy he is the best PG in the NBA and has proven that. He can not only pass but score. CP3 is mainly a passer Deron can do the elite passing and scoring.

DoMeFavors
05-17-2014, 12:08 PM
in terms of prime years in the last 10 years best Point Guards

1.Kidd
2. Nash
3. Rose
4. Deron
5.Paul

Caesaleo
05-17-2014, 12:17 PM
in terms of prime years in the last 10 years best Point Guards

1.Kidd
2. Nash
3. Rose
4. Deron
5.Paul

Just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

slashsnake
05-17-2014, 12:21 PM
There arent many people I would trade Deron Williams for in the NBA. Lebron, Durant, Healthy Rose are the only players I would trade Deron for. When Deron is healthy he is the best PG in the NBA and has proven that. He can not only pass but score. CP3 is mainly a passer Deron can do the elite passing and scoring.

When Healthy Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are the best centers in the NBA too.

And CP3 is mostly a passer, but a career, 18.4 point per game scorer. When NOT healthy like this past year he was a 19 point a game scorer.

Deron is more of a scorer and only a 17.4 a game scorer for his career.

Deron is more of a shooter. He shoots more shots per minute than CP3, but CP3 scores more points per minute.

He's missed significant time in 3 of the past 6 years and may be going in for more knee surgery now. He doesn't defend anywhere close to CP3, he doesn't pass like CP3 (not for 4 or so years anyways).

He's a good player, but for 20-22 mil a year you don't want an inconsistent good player heading out of his prime and into more surgeries. I definitely don't think he's the kind of guy you build your franchise around, especially not at this point.

DoMeFavors
05-17-2014, 12:24 PM
When Healthy Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are the best centers in the NBA too.

And CP3 is mostly a passer, but a career, 18.4 point per game scorer. When NOT healthy like this past year he was a 19 point a game scorer.

Deron is more of a scorer and only a 17.4 a game scorer for his career.

Deron is more of a shooter. He shoots more shots per minute than CP3, but CP3 scores more points per minute.

He's missed significant time in 3 of the past 6 years and may be going in for more knee surgery now. He doesn't defend anywhere close to CP3, he doesn't pass like CP3 (not for 4 or so years anyways).

He's a good player, but for 20-22 mil a year you don't want an inconsistent good player heading out of his prime and into more surgeries. I definitely don't think he's the kind of guy you build your franchise around, especially not at this point.

Bynum I can agree with but Oden has never proven he was the best at anything in this league.
Deron could rack up the same assists as Deron and rack up more points. Deron also has a much better head to head record than Paul. I would take Deron in his prime over Paul.

slashsnake
05-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Bynum I can agree with but Oden has never proven he was the best at anything in this league.
Deron could rack up the same assists as Deron and rack up more points. Deron also has a much better head to head record than Paul. I would take Deron in his prime over Paul.

So Deron's team is better than Pauls? Head to head they average the same points, but Paul lost because he had more assists, steals, blocks, rebounds, and fewer turnovers than Deron? Melo has a better record than Lebron head to head. Doesn't mean he's the better player and I think Miami should trade Lebron for Melo.

I like Deron, but he's 30, having too many injuries, and looking like he might be nearing the end of his effective career. In his prime, sure Deron looked like as good of a choice. Those 23-26 years or so. Yeah. I'd love to see those back. I hope somehow he does get those back. But that isn't the guy that got outplayed by Lowry and shrunk against the Heat.

Right now the only way I would give up anything for Deron with that contract would be if I had a pile of cap money and had a franchise that nobody was willing to come to as a free agent. Actually even then I'd try and find better pickups with value.

Nothing against him, careers end. Players regress.. Two of my favorite players were Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill. I always kept out hope even when all the facts said they were unlikely to return to the level they were 5 years ago.

sammyvine
05-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Deron williams is everything thats wrong with modern athletes

He got his $100m and that was it. I know he has had injuries but kobe has had injuries, CP3, but they haven't fell off.

He looks like he doesnt really care or doesnt like basketball anymore.

sammyvine
05-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Deron wiliiams is finished as a player. He won't get better. He is not 23 or something. He is approaching his 30's. He isn't a Kobe like hard worker or a player who is in good shape. He looks overweight quiet frankly.

mdm692
05-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Nash + Lakers lotto pick 7-9 + Nick Young (S&T) to BKN for DWILL is the only way that would even happen.

Then sign Melo with the capspace and resign Pau on the cheap.

DWill
Kobe
Melo
Pau
defensive big man

LOL

Jordan Hill. That team could help Kobe make one last run.

mike_noodles
05-17-2014, 01:51 PM
I would expect them to only get pennies on the dollar when dealing him, however, there's always an idiotic GM out there.

bleedprple&gold
05-17-2014, 02:06 PM
I would expect them to only get pennies on the dollar when dealing him, however, there's always an idiotic GM out there.

The only team that would be dumb enough to take him is the Nets and oh wait they already have him.

kobe4thewinbang
05-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Maybe the Rockets try to get him for Asik, Lin, Parsons and a pick?The f^ck you smoking, dude? Deron Williams sucks now. Even Lin is better and no way they'd trade Parsons, Asik *and* a pick on top of it.

Bostonjorge
05-18-2014, 03:18 AM
How many teams called for Lin and Asik last year? Looks like Houston is getting a new PG.

KnicksLover
05-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Deron Williams sucks. He is a cancer. I recall everyone thinking he was bigger than the Jazz and Sloan. Wrong!

Deron in his prime is probably better than Lin could ever be, but stop living in the past. Deron is a shell of his former self while Lin is getting chained up by his failure of a team.

Hotone1401
05-18-2014, 05:27 AM
How many teams called for Lin and Asik last year? Looks like Houston is getting a new PG.

If Houston was smart they'd go after Lowry. Deron is done.

Jasper6
05-18-2014, 05:34 AM
Lakers with Deron, Kobe and Love = epic

Hotone1401
05-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Lakers with Deron, Kobe and Love = epic

No thanks.

LA needs a PG who can play defense and finish in the paint. Deron does neither. He also can't create his own shot or make an open jumper to save his life.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-18-2014, 07:30 AM

Smith$ < DWILL$
Jennings < KG$

Yeah I suggested something close to this in the Bucks forum in the around the league thread. Deron for Smith and Jennings. Maybe Nets throw in a tiny filler as well. Or like other poster suggested Deron for Stat and Hardaway JR?

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 08:15 AM
I remember so many people saying Steph Curry's career was over 2 years ago after all his ankle surgeries. Dude couldn't step on the court without getting injured now look at Curry. People saying Deron is washed up at only 29 are pretty clueless. DWILL has been too stubborn to get the surgery he needs on his ankles the last 2 offseasons. This year he hopefully does and he can get his explosiveness back.

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM
I remember so many people saying Steph Curry's career was over 2 years ago after all his ankle surgeries. Dude couldn't step on the court without getting injured now look at Curry. People saying Deron is washed up at only 29 are pretty clueless. DWILL has been too stubborn to get the surgery he needs on his ankles the last 2 offseasons. This year he hopefully does and he can get his explosiveness back.

Apples and oranges my man. Curry was only 24 when he received his second ankle surgery, and DWill is going to be 30 next month, so don't try and play that "he's still in his 20's" card. I believe DWill still has something left in the tank, but not when he's surrounded by the 2008 All-Star team.

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Apples and oranges my man. Curry was only 24 when he received his second ankle surgery, and DWill is going to be 30 next month, so don't try and play that "he's still in his 20's" card. I believe DWill still has something left in the tank, but not when he's surrounded by the 2008 All-Star team.

Dude Deron is 29 years old and has never had surgery on his ankle whether you would like to spin that as an "old man" is on you. He still is the same guy who was throwing down reverse dunks against the BULLS last year. Still in the prime of his life health wise and NBA wise. I've never known anyone to have a career ending ankle injury. Have you? Curry's ankles were as bad as it gets. One report came out comparing them to "spaghetti" and he had MULTIPLE surgeries on them. DWILL has never had ankle surgery. So dont give me that crap like DWILL is an old man. What DWILL is mostly lacking is confidence and a desire to get better. He thought he could get by simply by losing weight and taking cortisone shots this season obviously that wasn't the case. When he gets the surgery he will be much better off.

nycericanguy
05-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Dwil doesn't even look motivated or interested in basketball half the time, he seems more worried about finding new ways to cover up his hairline.

Guys like that, in their 30's, about to have TWO ankle surgeries... without the work ethic to even stay in shape... I don't like the chances of him ever returning to star form. He's still solid, but i don't think he cares enough to put in the work and rehab to get back to elite. being solid, chubby, filthy rich and happy is prob enough for him.

The Curry example above is a joke, Curry was young and looked much better when he did play. Not to mention GSW realized there was an injury risk with him so they only gave him a 4 year deal at $11m per. Dwil makes DOUBLE that and is 30 and doesn't even keep himself in shape. Not to mention BOTH his ankles have problems... not just one.

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Dwil doesn't even look motivated or interested in basketball half the time, he seems more worried about finding new ways to cover up his hairline.

Guys like that, in their 30's, about to have TWO ankle surgeries... without the work ethic to even stay in shape... I don't like the chances of him ever returning to star form. He's still solid, but i don't think he cares enough to put in the work and rehab to get back to elite. being solid, chubby, filthy rich and happy is prob enough for him.

The Curry example above is a joke, Curry was young and looked much better when he did play. Not to mention GSW realized there was an injury risk with him so they only gave him a 4 year deal at $11m per. Dwil makes DOUBLE that and is 30 and doesn't even keep himself in shape. Not to mention BOTH his ankles have problems... not just one.
lol wut? Thats why the Warriors wanted to dump him like a hot potato instead of Ellis in the Bogut trade. DWILL is 29 he is not on his death bed. If he gets the surgery he will be fine. Like I said name me 1 guy who never came back after ankle surgery.

Shammyguy3
05-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Which team says no?

MIN ---> Ricky Rubio, Chase Budinger, JJ Barrea
BRK ---> Deron Williams

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Which team says no?

MIN ---> Ricky Rubio, Chase Budinger, JJ Barrea
BRK ---> Deron Williams
I dont think either team says no.

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Dude Deron is 29 years old and has never had surgery on his ankle whether you would like to spin that as an "old man" is on you. He still is the same guy who was throwing down reverse dunks against the BULLS last year. Still in the prime of his life health wise and NBA wise. I've never known anyone to have a career ending ankle injury. Have you? Curry's ankles were as bad as it gets. One report came out comparing them to "spaghetti" and he had MULTIPLE surgeries on them. DWILL has never had ankle surgery. So dont give me that crap like DWILL is an old man. What DWILL is mostly lacking is confidence and a desire to get better. He thought he could get by simply by losing weight and taking cortisone shots this season obviously that wasn't the case. When he gets the surgery he will be much better off.

I really don't need to respond to this. I'll wait until the end of next year when the Nets trade him for a piece of beef jerky.

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I really don't need to respond to this. I'll wait until the end of next year when the Warriors trade him for a piece of beef jerky.

edited- This must of been your thoughts in on Steph Curry 2 years ago.

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 11:21 AM
edited- This must of been your thoughts in on Steph Curry 2 years ago.

You're extremely biased opinions don't even warrant new conversation. See page 6...

They should have never given up what they did to build a "championship-contending team." I don't really blame King and Prok for trying to attract fans to the new city, but if they would have been patient and grown through the draft they could have built around Favors, Lillard (the #6 pick in the Gerald Wallace trade), Lopez, and a slew of picks they would still have from the Joe Johnson and Pierce/Garnett trades. Patience is a virtue that the Nets would know nothing about.

I could have developed a more promising roster in three years than your "brain-trust" did. Regardless of whether you'll admit that Deron Williams is past the prime of his career, your team sucks dude.

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 11:28 AM
You're extremely biased opinions don't even warrant new conversation. See page 6...

Because It's not worth conversation. 2 years people on PSD were saying Curry was done and should retire. Now people are saying the same about DWILL which is funny because like I said ankles injuries have never ended anybodies career. DWILL's problems are mental not physical. DWILL thrived in UTAH because he was playing the middle of nowhere. Nobody criticized him there until he got Sloan fired. This ankle crap is just small part of DWILL's problems.

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Because It's not worth conversation. 2 years people on PSD were saying Curry was done and should retire. Now people are saying the same about DWILL which is funny because like I said ankles injuries have never ended anybodies career. DWILL's problems are mental not physical. DWILL thrived in UTAH because he was playing the middle of nowhere. Nobody criticized him there until he got Sloan fired. This ankle crap is just small part of DWILL's problems.

Lol love how you ignored the rest of what I said. You can put a blindfold over eyes but your team still sucks :)

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Lol love how you ignored the rest of what I said. You can put a blindfold over eyes but your team still sucks :)
I dont think The Raptors would say that. But yea guess we suck,

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 11:57 AM
I dont think The Raptors would say that. But yea guess we suck,

Ever since The Big Three were formed, owner's and GM's just think they can just throw around millions of dollars and create a championship-contending team. Prokhorov and Billy King prove my point exactly. When it comes down to it, nothing substitutes hard work and good old-fashioned know-how. Anyone can buy their way into the second round of the playoffs (see the Atlanta Hawks for the past five years). The great teams build a young core and develop into championship teams (see the San Antonio Spurs over the last, 20 years?).

waveycrockett
05-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Ever since The Big Three were formed, owner's and GM's just think they can just throw around millions of dollars and create a championship-contending team. Prokhorov and Billy King prove my point exactly. When it comes down to it, nothing substitutes hard work and good old-fashioned know-how. Anyone can buy their way into the second round of the playoffs (see the Atlanta Hawks for the past five years). The great teams build a young core and develop into championship teams (see the San Antonio Spurs over the last, 20 years?).
Looking at the Knicks and Lakers the last year obviously that is not true. The Brooklyn Nets are 2 years in existence and made the postseason and advanced further each year. The Nets have unlimited resources and owner who does not get in the way of the basketball operations a la James Dolan and Jim Buss giving us a huge advantage going forward. I'm satisfied with where we are going.

Caesaleo
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Looking at the Knicks and Lakers the last year obviously that is not true. The Brooklyn Nets are 2 years in existence and made the postseason and advanced further each year. The Nets have unlimited resources and owner who does not get in the way of the basketball operations a la James Dolan and Jim Buss giving us a huge advantage going forward. I'm satisfied with where we are going.

Good luck buddy.