PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder...

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Face the toughest road in NBA history.

The Grizzlies in the first round, who would easily be a top three team In The east, The freaking star studded Clippers team in round two, and the incredibly good and well coached Spurs to finish the west playoffs. If they are good enough to get through the Spurs they'll have to face the defending 2 time champ Miami Heat(they'll be there). How crazy is this? If I'm wrong, what other team had to endure more?

Bostonjorge
05-16-2014, 03:54 AM
Certainly not Miami.

SPURSFAN1
05-16-2014, 03:55 AM
Kinda easy when they have the refs on their side.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 03:58 AM

Come on man, let's not do this. Your insecurity is showing.

SPURSFAN1
05-16-2014, 04:00 AM

Are you serious? You must be blind. I'm not even going to go there.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 04:01 AM

Are you serious? You must be blind. I'm not even going to go there.

The last game could have been called a little better, but the Thunder played great today to close it out. Especially in the fourth.

SPURSFAN1
05-16-2014, 04:04 AM
The last game could have been called a little better, but the Thunder played great today to close it out. Especially in the fourth.

That's the thing. Everyone is going to forget about all the bad calls, because there are more casuals then real fans.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 04:07 AM

That's the thing. Everyone is going to forget about all the bad calls, because there are more casuals then real fans.Lets not derail the thread please, The thunders road is incredibly hard. I can't remember the last time I seen such a challenge.

SPURSFAN1
05-16-2014, 04:12 AM
They've only won 8 games. They need 8 more vs a stacked spurs and heat team. I doubt they win this year. WCF exit at best.

jerellh528
05-16-2014, 04:14 AM
While the thunders road has been extremely difficult, they're not in the finals yet. They still have to get by the spurs who are probably the most complete team in the nba. And for people complaining about the thunder calls, the heat get the same favorable treatment from the officials. The only question in the finals would be who the refs favor more, james or durant, lol the refs heads would explode.

mngopher35
05-16-2014, 04:18 AM
I find it very funny that you don't like someone derailing a thread by talking about preferential treatment from refs. Also why is it always the best or worse or toughest in NBA history with you?

Anyways they do have a tough road. Grizzlies series was kinda meh because of no ZBO for game 7, but still not easy. Clippers are a very tough team for the second round. If they make it all the way it would definitely be an impressive run.

goingfor28
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I hope the beat the Spurs. They bore the **** out of me

KnicksorBust
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM

The Grizzlies in the first round, who would easily be a top three team In The east, The freaking star studded Clippers team in round two, and the incredibly good and well coached Spurs to finish the west playoffs. If they are good enough to get through the Spurs they'll have to face the defending 2 time champ Miami Heat(they'll be there). How crazy is this? If I'm wrong, what other team had to endure more?

I actually like the idea of comparing playoff roads to win titles but the fact is the Thunder have only won two playoff series. Can we wait until they at least get to the finals to do this? They could easily fizzle out and lose to the Spurs in 5 (Hi Portland). I don't expect it but it could happen and then the fact that we spent time debating how amazing their journey was would be a fool's errand.

You're not a basketball fan.

b@llhog24
05-16-2014, 09:08 AM
I actually like the idea of comparing playoff roads to win titles but the fact is the Thunder have only won two playoff series. Can we wait until they at least get to the finals to do this? They could easily fizzle out and lose to the Spurs in 5 (Hi Portland). I don't expect it but it could happen and then the fact that we spent time debating how amazing their journey was would be a fool's errand.

Lol.

ATX
05-16-2014, 09:21 AM
In HISTORY!! It's always so overboard with the OP. And lmao at the hypocrisy of scolding someone about derailing a thread. The Thunder have beat two very good teams. Best playoff run in HISTORY!! *If they meet the Heat in the Finals though, wouldn't that be in direct opposition to his point? To Illusionist, the Heat are the absolute worst, bottom of the barrel NBA champions in HISTORY!!!

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM
The road has been incredibly challenging, but let's not pretend this is the toughest test a team has ever faced to get to the finals. You want to talk challenging? The 94-95 Rockets had arguably the toughest road to a title of any team in NBA history.

As a sixth seed and without HCA for a single series, they had to defeat a 60-win Jazz team with Stockton and Malone, a 59-win Suns team with Barkley and KJ, a 62-win Spurs team with Robinson, Rodman and Sean Elliot and a 57-win Magic team with Shaq and Penny, the only team to defeat the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs over that eight-year stretch.

That's four straight rounds facing opponents with at least 57 wins. Each team had at least one all-time 25 player and they all had at least one other guy who is arguably top 100 all-time. Also, they're one of the few teams to come back from a 3-1 deficit, which they did against the Suns in one of the greatest playoff series I can remember from childhood. And they totally dominated that Finals a series after Hakeem embarrassed the supposed MVP in David Robinson.

NYKnickFanatic
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM

Yeah, I hate to watch the game be played how it's supposed to be.

:rolleyes:

goingfor28
05-16-2014, 09:28 AM

No. I like exciting fast pace high flying basketball. Not boring *** fundamental the Spurs play. They're the biggest snooze fest in the league to watch on tv. Not denying their talent, but they are not fun to watch.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 09:31 AM

I'm not "bored" by the Spurs, but that series won't have the same kind of historical impact as a Miami vs. OKC series will. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Pop, but we've been down that road before so many times already. I want a rematch of Lebron and Durant. That's the sexy series this league needs to happen.

Think about it. Two potential all-time top 10 players who play the same position both still in their primes/peaks. Also, Durant just won his first MVP after Lebron won it four of the last five years. AND the Thunder are trying to prevent the Heat from joining the very select group of teams in NBA history to three-peat. A Spurs/Heat rematch would make for great television and would be fun to watch, but a Heat/OKC Finals might be the most historically relevant NBA Finals in the history of the league.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
In HISTORY!! It's always so overboard with the OP. And lmao at the hypocrisy of scolding someone about derailing a thread. The Thunder have beat two very good teams. Best playoff run in HISTORY!! *If they meet the Heat in the Finals though, wouldn't that be in direct opposition to his point? To Illusionist, the Heat are the absolute worst, bottom of the barrel NBA champions in HISTORY!!!

Read my post again, if you don't agree then name me a team that has endured more. Or get out.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
The road has been incredibly challenging, but let's not pretend this is the toughest test a team has ever faced to get to the finals. You want to talk challenging? The 94-95 Rockets had arguably the toughest road to a title of any team in NBA history.

As a sixth seed and without HCA for a single series, they had to defeat a 60-win Jazz team with Stockton and Malone, a 59-win Suns team with Barkley and KJ, a 62-win Spurs team with Robinson, Rodman and Sean Elliot and a 57-win Magic team with Shaq and Penny, the only team to defeat the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs over that eight-year stretch.

That's four straight rounds facing opponents with at least 57 wins. Each team had at least one all-time 25 player and they all had at least one other guy who is arguably top 100 all-time. Also, they're one of the few teams to come back from a 3-1 deficit, which they did against the Suns in one of the greatest playoff series I can remember from childhood. And they totally dominated that Finals a series after Hakeem embarrassed the supposed MVP in David Robinson.

Even tho you're a huge rocket homer, I respect your post. I actually kind of agree. That is one tough road to a ship. The only thing that could have made it harder is going through Jordan. Thanks for not attacking my first post and coming up with an argument.

mdm692
05-16-2014, 11:25 AM

Says the Spurs fan :laugh:. No offense but go back and rewatch the Spurs vs Suns match ups of the mid 00's.

bucketss
05-16-2014, 11:55 AM
if he wins the championship im putting him in my top ten(depends how he plays) of all time.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 12:01 PM
if he wins the championship im putting him in my top ten(depends how he plays) of all time.

Woah! Durant? I love me some KD but he still gots a years to go before earning top 10. No doubt he'll be up there when it's all said and done.

FlashBolt
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Woah! Durant? I love me some KD but he still gots a years to go before earning top 10. No doubt he'll be up there when it's all said and done.

We all know you support KD because he's the only one capable of competing against James. With this probably being true, that means KD is the only one capable of slowing down LeBron from winning MVP's, rings, and other awards. If it were KD winning, you'd support LeBron. Just face it.

ThuglifeJ
05-16-2014, 12:19 PM

+1. Spurs are better team but thunder will win

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 12:20 PM

Says the Spurs fan :laugh:. No offense but go back and rewatch the Spurs vs Suns match ups of the mid 00's.

Right? The Suns got cheated out of a ring.

ThuglifeJ
05-16-2014, 12:25 PM
How the **** is kd top 10 if he wins? This board is a joke sometimes.

benzni
05-16-2014, 12:27 PM
premature thread. I get the question. Grizzlies are a good team and it showed later in the year. Clippers are star studded. They still have 8 more to go. I would have made the thread after they win the west.

Spurs OKC is going to be a great series

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 12:28 PM

We all know you support KD because he's the only one capable of competing against James. With this probably being true, that means KD is the only one capable of slowing down LeBron from winning MVP's, rings, and other awards. If it were KD winning, you'd support LeBron. Just face it.

Negative! I'm a Durant fan because he's a loyal player who wants to win on his own. I doubt leaving his team to join another mans team, was or is a thought in his mind. I actually liked Lebron before he cowardly joined the Heat. Some people want the easy way out, and he's one of them. No legend of the game has ever done sucj a travesty.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 12:30 PM
premature thread. I get the question. Grizzlies are a good team and it showed later in the year. Clippers are star studded. They still have 8 more to go. I would have made the thread after they win the west.

Spurs OKC is going to be a great series

I didn't want someone to steal my thread,lol. I don't think it's premature, they only have one more series before the finally.

bucketss
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM

hes already a better individual player than a lot of legends, he just needs to prove he can win when the pressure is high.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 12:37 PM

hes already a better individual player than a lot of legends, he just needs to prove he can win when the pressure is high.

True, but it's still very early to make such a claim. Trust me I'm a huge Durant fan, but let's wait till he's about 30 before we say things like that.especially here on psd

Slug3
05-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Did you seriously just call someone out about being insecure? I mean the king of insecurity is calling someone else out?

JC_
05-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Did you seriously just call someone out about being insecure? I mean the king of insecurity is calling someone else out?

Illusionist's new tattoo: http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-frc/10268904_467179170079485_1961438943_n.jpg

He needs to get Durant on his other leg.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2014, 02:15 PM

Illusionist's new tattoo: http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-frc/10268904_467179170079485_1961438943_n.jpg

Pretty sweet tat.

jerellh528
05-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Damn that's legit art. Who's the artist?

cmellofan15
05-16-2014, 02:22 PM

Well let's see..

1st round they played a team that could have been the 3rd seed in the East, but shot worse percentages than the 8th seed in the East. The MVP played pretty badly for a few games and Westbrook chucked his *** off. but good job OKC. way to not completely screw yourself completely out of the playoffs and pull together for a Randolph-less game 7 win against that offensive juggernaut lol.

2nd round was good. They got some great calls to go their way, a game handed to them, and capitalized on those opportunities. actually kind of impressed with their effort in this series and there's no way I could blame officiating on them. they took what was handed to them and turned it into wins.

Spurs....they haven't played them yet have they?

Heat...don't they still have four more games to win?

But I'll play along with your hypothetical..If they beat Tony Parker's Spurs team it will be a nice feat. But should we expect them to lose? Shouldn't we expect the best player in the NBA to take down this old Spurs team? I mean they did struggle already against an aging Dallas team and their best player is injured right now. I'm not really sure that would be "historically" impressive.

The Miami Heatles? Really? The most overrated team ever in the eyes of the great Illusionist? That should be a cake walk for the MVP and his cast. I mean the Heat haven't beaten any prime teams, they have had the easiest waltz to the Finals EVER. I'm not too sold on the challenge of playing Miami or if it is in fact actually a challenge.

Greet
05-16-2014, 02:28 PM
I think this would have been true if Zbo played game 7 and didn't have a hobbled Conley.

I'm not so sure the Thunder would even be here if that happened.

cmellofan15
05-16-2014, 02:30 PM
btw

2011 Mavs
1995 Rockets

come to mind when we're talking tough paths to the Finals. and they actually won. I'm sure there's plenty of team who didn't make through the playoffs that had tough roads ahead of them. hell, their road last year was harder than it is this year.

sammyvine
05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
The Mav's run in 2011 was much harder

Portland, Lakers, OKC and Miami

cmellofan15
05-17-2014, 01:11 AM
^ yep. and again, they actually made it. no guarantee for OKC