PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Eastern Conference Finals: Indiana Pacers (1) vs Miami Heat (2) - Who Wins?

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Who wins and in how many games.

The Indiana Pacers: #1 seed and best record in the East.

The Miami Heat: 3x defending Eastern Conference Champions and 2x defending NBA Champions

mngopher35
05-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Early in the year I probably would have said whoever has homecourt advantage but I am just not sure about the Pacers at this point. I think if they can return to form and play Miami like they usually do (especially Hibbert) it can be a good series. Right now I just think the Heat are playing better overall.

I will say Heat in 6.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 02:25 AM
You gotta think the team that has faced the most adversity will rise to the challenge and be battle tested and have balls made of armor while the team that coasted thru the first 2 rounds will be in for a shock due to overconfidence and just not feeling that resistance?

But you never know, the Pacers are the most bipolar team in recent memory.

mngopher35
05-16-2014, 02:29 AM
You gotta think the team that has faced the most adversity will rise to the challenge and be battle tested and have balls made of armor while the team that coasted thru the first 2 rounds will be in for a shock due to overconfidence and just not feeling that resistance?

But you never know, the Pacers are the most bipolar team in recent memory.

Ya, they could certainly win game one like that. The Heat over the last couple years have been in pretty tough situations themselves. I think they can be considered battle tested.

Your last sentence is why I'm choosing the Heat though. Just have no idea what to expect from Indiana right now.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Interesting stat, Pacers are 5-1 on the road in these playoffs, but just 3-4 at home in these playoffs.

So much for home court advantage lol.

JC_
05-16-2014, 02:45 AM
It should be a fun series. I'm expecting it to get chippy. Indy is more of a Heat rival than any other team in the league. I don't think the Heat are as good as they were last year or the year before but Indy is still not totally back to normal so I really don't know how this series will go.

Iron24th
05-16-2014, 02:49 AM
If indiana is about to pick the best moment to play at a high level again, it's now.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Been waiting since game 7 of last years eastern finals for this match up. Pacers been playing bad but also already played in big must win games. Can't wait.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 04:25 AM
Hopefully the Pacers can make it somewhat competitive. But obviously the Heat have the 2014 Eastern Conference chip in the bag. Pacers are just too offensively inept and challenged majority of the times. LeBron James will shut Paul George down.

jerellh528
05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
I have no clue who will win this series. If indiana plays the way they are capable of, then you gotta go Indy. But they also have been in a funk for a while and Miami has been on somewhat of a roll. Indiana does, however tend to play better with more at stake, I dunno, tough call. We also haven't seen james play with his back against the wall yet in these playoffs, if Indy can make that happen, there will be questions...will he disappear? Will he rise to the occasion? It should be a really good series that I expect to to to 7, or at least 6 games.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 04:46 AM
I have no clue who will win this series. If indiana plays the way they are capable of, then you gotta go Indy. But they also have been in a funk for a while and Miami has been on somewhat of a roll. Indiana does, however tend to play better with more at stake, I dunno, tough call. We also haven't seen james play with his back against the wall yet in these playoffs, if Indy can make that happen, there will be questions...will he disappear? Will he rise to the occasion? It should be a really good series that I expect to to to 7, or at least 6 games.

Miami at their best beats Indy at their best. Hell, Miami at their best beats ANYONE at their best.

NBA-GMaster
05-16-2014, 04:54 AM
Its time to use their secret weapons: Oden and Bynum..
No doubt the team work of LeBron, Wade and Bosh are uncomparable to the other teams and with surrounded of 3 pt shooters, double team on the Big 3 leads to a 3pt shot.. Pacers are better team than last year, with addition of Scola, Bynum,Turner and Watson plus improvement of Stephenson..

Roy Hibbert's weakness has been exposed by Wizards and Hawks.. Haslem and Oden need to do what Nene and Antic did.. LeBron may not be the MVP but his the number one player you wouldnt like to guard.. With Hibbert degrading performance here comes Bynum to the rescue, still clueless what he will bring.. Pacers upgraded their benches for this match up.. What out for Stephenson he is the glue guy of the team..

rex.reyesiii
05-16-2014, 05:04 AM
^ uhm correct me if i'm wrong but I thought A.Bynum is no longer playing for IND? *confused.

jerellh528
05-16-2014, 05:08 AM
Miami at their best beats Indy at their best. Hell, Miami at their best beats ANYONE at their best.

Maybe two years ago, their best players are 38, a hobbled 32, a soft 30, and a 29 with super high mileage for his age.

KnicksorBust
05-16-2014, 08:54 AM
To me it's simply how many games will it take Miami. They are three-peating and in my opinion will 4-peat next year. I gave IND the benefit of the doubt for 2 games.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Indiana is talented enough to win this series and if anyone in the East could have given the Heat a challenge, it's them. But even if Hibbert steps up and George and/or West have a big series, I just don't think the Pacers have enough offensive firepower to keep up with Miami. Sure, they'll have stretches where Hibbert will dominate in the post and the Pacers defense gives Miami fits, but when the Heat start draining threes, getting into a rhythm in transition and go on 10-0 and 12-0 runs, how are the Pacers going to respond? I don't think they can.

I think they split the first two, Miami holds strong at home, Indy narrowly wins a close Game 5 and the Heat exert their dominance in Game 6 to take the series.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 09:52 AM
To me it's simply how many games will it take Miami. They are three-peating and in my opinion will 4-peat next year. I gave IND the benefit of the doubt for 2 games.

That's a pretty bold statement, sir. I can certainly see the Heat winning four straight, but there are a ton of unknown variables going into next offseason. What will the contracts of Lebron, Bosh and Wade look like? Will one of those guys get traded? Do they re-sign Chalmers or add a better PG? Do Ray Allen and Shane Battier retire? How do they fill out the bench with what little room they have to work with?

Without knowing the answers to any of those questions or knowing any moves that other teams may make in the offseason, I think it's way too hard to make that assumption this early.

Dade County
05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
If it's scripted, HEAT win in 6 or 7... I can see the Pacers jumping out to a 2-0 lead though; it would be good for ratings and fan hype.

If the leash is token of Miami, then I can see the HEAT winning 4-0 or 4-1.

todu82
05-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Pacers in 7.

mightybosstone
05-16-2014, 01:44 PM
If it's scripted, HEAT win in 6 or 7... I can see the Pacers jumping out to a 2-0 lead though; it would be good for ratings and fan hype.

If the leash is token of Miami, then I can see the HEAT winning 4-0 or 4-1.

Scripted? Do you honestly think the NBA is fixed to that extent? If so, that doesn't really bode well for Miami's last two titles....

FraziersKnicks
05-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Maybe two years ago, their best players are 38, a hobbled 32, a soft 30, and a 29 with super high mileage for his age.

That 29 year old also happens to be the best basketball player on the planet.

jerellh528
05-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Kd is only 25

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 04:02 PM
All 16 analysts picked the Heat to win the series. Only 2 of the 16 have it going 7 games while everyone else says Heat in 5 or 6. I don't blame them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/matchup

hoosiercubsfan
05-16-2014, 04:05 PM
All 16 analysts picked the Heat to win the series. Only 2 of the 16 have it going 7 games while everyone else says Heat in 5 or 6. I don't blame them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/matchup

With how hot and cold the Pacers have been I don't blame them either. Even now I can't say with certainty how I think it is going to go. This is what they wanted all season now its time to see what they do with it.

P&GRealist
05-18-2014, 02:32 AM
With how hot and cold the Pacers have been I don't blame them either. Even now I can't say with certainty how I think it is going to go. This is what they wanted all season now its time to see what they do with it.

Agree