Lost to an old Dirk
Lost to a prime pistons team

Beaten a young durant
Beaten a young & 1 & done drose
Beaten a young PGeorge twice
Beaten an old pierce, garnett twice
Beaten an old duncan
Beaten an over the hill pistons team

But perhaps for the first in his career, lebron james will have to go up against a prime durant & westbrook and win.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Lost to prime Howard
Lost to prime garnett, pierce
Lost to an old Dirk
Lost to a prime pistons team

Beaten a young durant
Beaten a young & 1 & done drose
Beaten a young PGeorge twice
Beaten an old pierce, garnett twice
Beaten an old duncan
Beaten an over the hill pistons team

But perhaps for the first in his career, lebron james will have to go up against a prime durant & westbrook and win.great thread!!! At least some people get it. Lebron has the easiest path the his rings than probably any superstar in all of sports.

goingfor28
05-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Last year's pacers and Spurs series were nothing easy. Both of those were great teams wins.
Beating okc w kd Russ and Harden was a great team win.

I'm no lebron or heat fan but to say he's beaten no one is silly. This year I agree it's a cake walk to the finals but cmon

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Last year's pacers and Spurs series were nothing easy. Both of those were great teams wins.

I'm no lebron or heat fan but to say he's beaten no one is silly. This year I agree it's a cake walk to the finals but cmon

Its different if u battling with a guy in his prime. I bet duncan. Durant, pierce would get as much foul calls as james if they were at their peaks

Pacers a great team? They only lose when its a pivotal games. It was no contests in all the game 7s last year

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 03:49 PM

I'm no lebron or heat fan but to say he's beaten no one is silly. This year I agree it's a cake walk to the finals but cmon he's beaten one quality team, that's the thunder. And harden choked hard, but that's the only series I give Lebron credit for.

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Nope wrong.

What about these monsters.

Jennings
Nate Robinson
Elton brand
Delonte west
Glen Davis
Carlos boozer
Jr smith
Granger

All in prime form. No list will matchup to this list.

beasted86
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
I like it when trolls make a discussion worthy topic even when they are reaching, but this is just weak.

Try again next time. C'mon dude, you can troll way harder than this.

Westbrook36
05-15-2014, 03:53 PM
he's beaten one quality team, that's the thunder. And harden choked hard, but that's the only series I give Lebron credit for.

The Spurs last year were a great team and are a great time again this season. Awesome coaching, great depth, aging stars that don't have a whole lot of wear on them through season, and team ball.

bathroom_man
he's beaten one quality team, that's the thunder. And harden choked hard, but that's the only series I give Lebron credit for.

They were still raw, first finals appearance. Its like the bad boy pistons beating a young jordans countless times

P&GRealist
I like it when trolls make a discussion worthy topic even when they are reaching, this is just weak.

Try again next time.
I mean yes, the guy that made the thread may be known for trolling, but the premise of his argument isn't totally way off. There is some truth to what he's saying. What his agenda is behind is a totally different story, but what he's saying isn't off base.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 03:55 PM
The Spurs last year were a great team and are a great time again this season. Awesome coaching, great depth, aging stars that don't have a whole lot of wear on them through season, and team ball.

Yeah, but when 4th quarter rolls around, their ages show. Example game 6. Duncan was taken out. Why? Because diaw is fast footed than him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM

The Spurs last year were a great team and are a great time again this season. Awesome coaching, great depth, aging stars that don't have a whole lot of wear on them through season, and team ball.Yeah, but the trio is very old. That makes it watered down to me.ray had to save that series too.

KnickFanSince91
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
This thread will end up like this:

T/S is right, I hate Lebron

T/S is right, that's why he's not Kobe

Kobe didn't do it either

Bron vs Kobe round 3234232332243432432434324

In the middle somebody will troll Knicks fans

Another Bron vs Kobe debate

and end with

U Mad?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 03:58 PM

The Spurs last year were a great team and are a great time again this season. Awesome coaching, great depth, aging stars that don't have a whole lot of wear on them through season, and team ball. dp

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but when 4th quarter rolls around, their ages show. Example game 6. Duncan was taken out. Why? Because diaw is fast footed than him.

Nope wrong again, when will u learn about lebron's greatness.

Duncan was taken out because he's at level of dominance that you or anyone can't even begin to comprehend.

Khri
05-15-2014, 04:00 PM
This forum just keeps getting worse.

P&GRealist

Kobe didn't do it either

and end with

U Mad?
There needs to be more tittays and suck me's to make this the best thread ever. :drool:

Teeboy1487
Come on guys. I'm not the biggest Lebron fan but this is kind of reaching. He does not choose his opponents.

Teeboy1487
05-15-2014, 04:01 PM
There needs to be more tittays and suck me's to make this the best thread ever. :drool:

Now you are talking' :cheers:

beasted86
05-15-2014, 04:03 PM

Except you didn't, remember? You've been preaching for two years they only won because of the lockout shortened season. Why change your tune now? C'mon dude, you can do better, I know you can. Stick with it, keep trolling!

nickdymez
05-15-2014, 04:03 PM
I like it when trolls make a discussion worthy topic even when they are reaching, but this is just weak.

Every ****in time someone says anything about Lebron that isnt positive they are a troll? GTFOH. Your're the troll. Leave the thread if your sad about it

Westbrook36
05-15-2014, 04:04 PM

I remember when that happened and that's something they did all season long. Obviously a younger Tim Duncan would be nice in that situation. Doesn't make the Spurs of last season not a very very good team.

Yeah, but the trio is very old. That makes it watered down to me.ray had to save that series too.

Ray made a great shot, but LeBron is the one who went insane to put them into that situation.

tredigs

Kobe didn't do it either

and end with

U Mad?
Hahah - this was perfect, especially the Knicks bit.

bucketss
has your boy kobe ever beaten anyone in their prime? i like how dwight is in his prime in 2008( lols) but durant 2012 wasn't.

still1ballin
05-15-2014, 04:05 PM
This forum just keeps getting worse.

then don't watch

NYKnickFanatic
Melooooo

Jamiecballer
Its different if u battling with a guy in his prime. I bet duncan. Durant, pierce would get as much foul calls as james if they were at their peaks

Pacers a great team? They only lose when its a pivotal games. It was no contests in all the game 7s last year

who the heck cares though. really. you don't punish a guy for things that are outside his control. he's the most dominant superstar since MJ, don't lose sight of the big picture.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Come on guys. I'm not the biggest Lebron fan but this is kind of reaching. He does not choose his opponents.

I understand that. But what im trying to get at is, lebron havent been fully tested

Sadds The Gr8
I agree his path has been mad easy but it's not his fault

TheIlladelph16
Troll thread, filled with trolls. Never change NBA forum.

NYKnickFanatic

Kobe didn't do it either

and end with

U Mad?

This is so accurate, especially the bold. It made me :laugh2:

PurpleLynch
05-15-2014, 04:07 PM
That's too much far fetched. James doesn't choose his opponents and he showed us that he can play against anyone.

nickdymez
Except you didn't, remember? You've been preaching for two years they only won because of the lockout shortened season. Why change your tune now? C'mon dude, you can do better, I know you can. Stick with it, keep trolling!

Are you 15? Lockout shortened season or not, Illusionist is saying that the Thunder team was good regardless. The lockout means that... Whatever, you'll never understand because you love Lebron more than anything it seems

P&GRealist
The Knicks R Back!

slashsnake
Lost to an old Dirk
Beaten a young durant
Beaten an old duncan

I agree! The west is WEAK!!! They can't even get a prime player out of their conference. Any old scab can win that conference. East sends out prime Lebron, West sends out :oldguy:

And since Bathroomguy has kindly shown us how the West is so weak...

NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE.. TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. :eyebrow:

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:11 PM
has your boy kobe ever beaten anyone in their prime? i like how dwight is in his prime in 2008( lols) but durant 2012 wasn't.

Since u brought colby into this, here it goes:

Prime duncan 2 or 3 times, cant remember
Prime garnett twolve
Prime melo nuggets
Prime garnett, pierce
Prime howard

And im not gonna put the sac queens & blazers as they all around great teams

Big Zo
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
The OP has "Beaten" off to posters of Kobe, i'm sure.

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
lol classic thread. Kobe fans are really ticked off that Lebron is passing their guy by huh? It's ok he will still be top 10 until Durant can get some rings...

Jamiecballer
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
OP just because a name has an 'S' on the end, it doesn't mean that it refers to more than one person. Just so you know.

JC_
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Prime Lebron should go into cryostasis until bathroom_man finds a prime player he deems worthy of the match-up.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:15 PM
That's too much far fetched. James doesn't choose his opponents and he showed us that he can play against anyone.

He hasnt play against a superstar in his peak. Not his fault tho. But hes not that great like some ppl say it is

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:17 PM
lol classic thread. Kobe fans are really ticked off that Lebron is passing their guy by huh? It's ok he will still be top 10 until Durant can get some rings...

Man if u have nothing to say, dont say, ok, suck to be a twolve fan isnt it

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 04:21 PM

Prime garnett twolve
Prime melo nuggets
Prime garnett, pierce
Prime howard

:dance:

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
No one said it was lebrons fault guys, the fact remains intact tho.

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 04:28 PM

Prime garnett twolve
Prime melo nuggets
Prime garnett, pierce
Prime howard

Actually, you can. Prime Webber/Peja/Bibby with prime Rasheed/DamonStou/SteveSmith

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:29 PM
who the heck cares though. really. you don't punish a guy for things that are outside his control. he's the most dominant superstar since MJ, don't lose sight of the big picture.

Im am not. I found it interesting that he hasnt face anybody significant as he

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Man if u have nothing to say, dont say, ok, suck to be a twolve fan isnt it

I had something to say. Don't get mad that after a troll thread you get that type of response. Don't make a thread if you have nothing to say. It hasn't been great for the Wolves but at least my favorite other player continues to play great year after year while if I remember right your lakers finished bottom 10 in the league.

This is why people can't stand the laker fan base on this site as a whole and I am at that point as well. You want to bash other players to defend your own, bash other teams/fanbases, get more excited at other teams failures than anything else (ever been into a rockets playoff thread?). Go ahead, but don't tell me not to post about it.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Who am i defending? Myself? U brought kobe boy into this, not me. I was finding it interesting lebron havent face anyone in their prime

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 04:37 PM

Kobe didn't do it either

and end with

U Mad?

you are right Bron stinks, and also is the third leading cause of colon cancer in men over the age of 40.

kobe is better because he has more fun in Colorado where I live.

Kobe could only beat ancient guards in the Western conference finals and ride Luke Walton to a championship. Luke is so great he didn't even have to set foot on the court to win two rings. Try that Lebron!

Kobe beat Lebron in ping pong last month therefore Durant is the best player ever except when Jordan is not sporting his hitler mustache.

Knicks would have been better off giving millions to Allan Houston and Candace Parker than melo and the fat guy who wobbles on the court at point guard... Phil is bringing in Rodman as their next coach, team meetings will now be held at 2AM in a tattoo parlor and season ticket holders are now ordered to silently attend their home games in lovely democratic peoples republic of Korea. Scoreboard reads Home and Capitalist pigs.

Kobe is the most interesting man in the world. He doesn't always pass the ball... but when he does it's usually off the backboard to himself. He's better than Lebron because we both enjoy thanksgiving... a little white mean on the side. Lebron meanwhile is off limits in my house till my kid grows up, he's considered a choke hazard.

U mad?

suckin tata's...

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
you are right Bron stinks, and also is the third leading cause of colon cancer in men over the age of 40.

kobe is better because he has more fun in Colorado where I live.

Kobe could only beat ancient guards in the Western conference finals and ride Luke Walton to a championship. Luke is so great he didn't even have to set foot on the court to win two rings. Try that Lebron!

Kobe beat Lebron in ping pong last month therefore Durant is the best player ever except when Jordan is not sporting his hitler mustache.

Knicks would have been better off giving millions to Allan Houston and Candace Parker than melo and the fat guy who wobbles on the court at point guard... Phil is bringing in Rodman as their next coach, team meetings will now be held at 2AM in a tattoo parlor and season ticket holders are now ordered to silently attend their home games in lovely democratic peoples republic of Korea. Scoreboard reads Home and Capitalist pigs.

Kobe is the most interesting man in the world. He doesn't always pass the ball... but when he does it's usually off the backboard to himself. He's better than Lebron because we both enjoy thanksgiving... a little white mean on the side. Lebron meanwhile is off limits in my house till my kid grows up, he's considered a choke hazard.

U mad?

suckin tata's...

All I got out of this is that you enjoy spending time with Kobe in Colorado.

beasted86
05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Are you 15? Lockout shortened season or not, Illusionist is saying that the Thunder team was good regardless. The lockout means that... Whatever, you'll never understand because you love Lebron more than anything it seems

But he first said the HEAT only won because it's a short season. Whatever his logic is I don't have to agree with it... I'd just prefer he sticks to it. So that's what I just said and you are mad at me asking him to stick to his guns?

ATX
05-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Mods can we please do something about Illusionists trolling. It's grown completely out of control.

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Who am i defending? Myself? U brought kobe boy into this, not me. I was finding it interesting lebron havent face anyone in their prime

Yeah, its not like you have wished an ACL injury on him or anything. I'm sure there is no bias involved. It is a common thing for some laker fans on this site not just you. You seem to be falling in line with them though. In fact some might say worse since you actually wished injury upon another player. You are the one who decided to bash my team though. So once again post how you would like but don't be surprised when you are called out.

ManRam
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Nicky, Bathroom, Illusionist and Amos1er all gotta be the same person. Otherwise, yikes. They are so unbelievably preoccupied with their hate...genuinely feel bad for them. Just enjoy! Be happy! LOVE! :love:

The Spurs are pretty good. Got three HOFers :shrug: He beat a great Pistons team as a pup. KD might be the greatest scorer ever when all is said and done, though, he got him early in his career. Oh well. Not his fault :shrug:

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Mods can we please do something about Illusionists trolling. It's grown completely out of control.

lol stop begging

True Sports Fan
05-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Every LeBron thread has me like :laugh:

I'm no LeBron fan but hop off the junk

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah, its not like you have wished an ACL injury on him or anything. I'm sure there is no bias involved. It is a common thing for some laker fans on this site not just you. You seem to be falling in line with them though. In fact some might say worse since you actually wished injury upon another player. You are the one who decided to bash my team though. So once again post how you would like but don't be surprised when you are called out.

I know what sarcasm means? And that was in the lakers forum, chilling with my crew. Theres a difference

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Nicky, Bathroom, Illusionist and Amos1er all gotta be the same person. Otherwise, yikes. They are so unbelievably preoccupied with their hate...genuinely feel bad for them. Just enjoy! Be happy! LOVE! :love:

The Spurs are pretty good. Got three HOFers :shrug: He beat a great Pistons team as a pup. KD might be the greatest scorer ever when all is said and done, though, he got him early in his career. Oh well. Not his fault :shrug:

Manram, hawkeye, minigopher, buckets, mightybossytone are all the same person. Okay then

Kingz4L
05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
He's beaten prime Carmelo Anthony, Al Jefferson, and Tony Parker. So your points are irrelevant.

ManRam
05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Manram, hawkeye, minigopher, buckets, mightybossytone are all the same person. Okay then

There's a different between literally only posting about how awful LeBron is and making redundant thread after redundant thread about it and literally having your life become preoccupied with this hatred and whatever you'd categorize us as. Seriously, what's the common denominator between us? Not-LeBron-haters?

koreancabbage
05-15-2014, 04:54 PM
great thread!!! At least some people get it. Lebron has the easiest path the his rings than probably any superstar in all of sports.

well at least you recognize he's a superstar.

P&GRealist
Does anybody remember WCW War Games? It used to be a 2-ringed steel cage match once every yr.

Team Kobe: nickdymez, illusionist, amos1er, bathroom_man, ssmmush

vs

Team LeBron: ManRam, Hawkeye, Minigopher, mightybossytone, bucketss

bathroom_man
There's a different between literally only posting about how awful LeBron is and making redundant thread after redundant thread about it and literally having your life become preoccupied with this hatred and whatever you'd categorize us as. Seriously, what's the common denominator between us? Not-LeBron-haters?

How is it the same? Theres a different twist to it this time

nastynice
05-15-2014, 04:55 PM
weak, the big three's first year together, they beat a VERY GOOD bulls team and a VERY GOOD celtics team.

Ever since then, I guess its pretty much been a cake walk to the finals, the east is just so pathetic. Hard to predict how they would do in the west, where every series would be much closer to what they faced last year against SA in the finals instead of these weak teams in the east. Probably safe to say they would still be favorites tho

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 04:55 PM
He's beaten prime Carmelo Anthony, Al Jefferson, and Tony Parker. So your points are irrelevant.

Exactly. Hurt Parker and Jefferson have been the best versions we ever seen. Jefferson not playing at all in an a elimination game shows u the confidence he had to beat lebron while taking a whole game off.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Does anybody remember WCW War Games? It used to be a 2-ringed steel cage match once every yr.

Team Kobe: nickdymez, illusionist, amos1er, bathroom_man

vs

Team LeBron: ManRam, Hawkeye, Minigopher, mightybossytone, bucketss

Dont be a chicken to join in our team. These guys aint nathan

koreancabbage
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
How is it the same? No laker lover has come up with facts.

this is true.

mike_noodles
05-15-2014, 04:57 PM
I hate Lebron, but this thread is idiotic.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Exactly. Hurt Parker and Jefferson have been the best versions we ever seen. Jefferson not playing at all in an a elimination game shows u the confidence he had to beat lebron while taking a whole game off.

Al munkey face jefferson, ah great

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Mods can we please do something about Illusionists trolling. It's grown completely out of control.????? So now I'm not allowed to state my opinion? Get real! If you can't handle what I say, then don't read my posts.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:03 PM
weak, the big three's first year together, they beat a VERY GOOD bulls team and a VERY GOOD celtics team.

Ever since then, I guess its pretty much been a cake walk to the finals, the east is just so pathetic. Hard to predict how they would do in the west, where every series would be much closer to what they faced last year against SA in the finals instead of these weak teams in the east. Probably safe to say they would still be favorites tho

Agree everything except the great bulls team. U mean great regular season team. And that celtics was on their last pair of legs

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:03 PM

I thought I was kb-pau-DH? Can't I just be my own self?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:04 PM
He's beaten prime Carmelo Anthony, Al Jefferson, and Tony Parker. So your points are irrelevant.lol, this is a joke right?

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 05:07 PM
I know what sarcasm means? And that was in the lakers forum, chilling with my crew. Theres a difference

Ahh chillin with your crew, I got ya. I bet it is pretty common for you guys to wish injury on him huh?

85BearsDefense
05-15-2014, 05:11 PM

How is he trolling? You need to refresh yourself on what the term "trolling" means. What he posted is factual.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:14 PM

Ahh chillin with your crew, I got ya. I bet it is pretty common for you guys to wish injury on him huh?

Why would anyone wish injury on someone?

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:19 PM

Dont take this whole" wishing an injury on someone" serious. Actually no, i remember i was just talking to myself there

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Why would anyone wish injury on someone?

Not sure, you would have to ask the bathroom_man

He had a post about how the heat were rolling through the playoffs and he wished Lebron an ACL injury.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:20 PM

Prime garnett twolve
Prime melo nuggets
Prime garnett, pierce
Prime howard

first of all it was shaq who beat them(duncan,garnett). lmao its like me saying "wade beat durant " uhh no lebron did, its like saying pippen beat malone, uhh no jordan did. also why u mention prim melo here but not when lebron beat him vs the knicks?, u also listed howard as prime LOL how come durant couldn't be prime in 2012? since both guys are around the same age in those years. hilarious.

okay i also like how you mentioned garnett and pierce(for the celts) WOW, weren't both guys in their 30's? weren't they both a shell of their former self?? why not include billups and hamilton than LoL it baffles me how you would include them but not tony parker LOL LOL you reach so bad. jajaja your bias is hilarious

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Not sure, you would have to ask the bathroom_man

He had a post about how the heat were rolling through the playoffs and he wished Lebron an ACL injury.

Man calm down, genie in bottle aint real

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Let's take this one postseason at a time to prove these neanderthals wrong:
05-06: Defeated Wizards (prime Arenas, Butler, Jamison) in Round 1
06-07: Defeated Wizards, Nets (prime Kidd, Carter, Jefferson) and Pistons (prime Billups, Sheed, Rip)
07-08: Defeated Wizards again (Arenas had fallen off at that point, but still prime Butler, Jamison)
08-09: Defeated Pistons (not the same team, easy series), Hawks (prime Smith, Johnson, Horford too young)
09-10: Defeated Bulls (prime Noah and Deng, Rose wasn't quite there yet)
10-11: Defeated 76ers (easy series), Celtics (Allen and KG past prime, but Rondo and Pierce were), Bulls (prime Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer)
11-12: Defeated Knicks (prime Melo, Chandler, but Amare past prime), Pacers (prime West, Hibbert, Granger, George not there yet), Celtics (prime Rondo, Pierce arguably still in prime), Thunder (prime Durant, Westbrook, Harden not there yet
12-13: Defeated Bucks (easy series, but prime Ellis), Bulls (easy series, but prime Noah, Boozer), Pacers (prime George, Hibbert, West), Spurs (prime Parker, Duncan and Manu past prime)
13-14: Defeated Bobcats (easy series, but prime Jefferson), Nets (prime Johnson, Williams, Pierce, KG, Kirilenko all past prime)

So, let's take a look at all the really god players Lebron beat while in their primes:

Likely Hall of Famers
Jason Kidd (06-07)
Vince Carter (06-07)
Chauncey Billups (06-07)
Paul Pierce (10-11, 11-12)
Carmelo Anthony (11-12)
Kevin Durant (11-12)
Tony Parker (12-13)

Borderline Hall of Famers / Possible future Hall of Famers
Joakim Noah (09-10, 10-11, 12-13)
Joe Johnson (08-09, 13-14)
Derrick Rose (10-11)
Rajon Rondo (10-11, 11-12)
Russell Westbrook (11-12)
Paul George (12-13)

Really good All-Star caliber players
Gilbert Arenas (05-06)
Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison (05-06, 06-07, 07-08)
Richard Jefferson (06-07)
Rasheed Wallace (06-07)
Rip Hamilton (06-07)
Josh Smith (08-09)
Luol Deng (09-10, 10-11, 12-13)
Andre Iguodala (10-11)
Carlos Boozer (10-11)
Tyson Chandler (11-12)
Danny Granger (11-12)
David West (11-12, 12-13)
Roy Hibbert (11-12, 12-13)
Monta Ellis (12-13)
Al Jefferson (13-14)

Great players slightly past their prime
Kevin Garnett (10-11, 11-12, 13-14)
Ray Allen (10-11, 11-12)
Amare Stoudemire (11-12)
Tim Duncan (12-13)
Manu Ginobili (12-13)
Deron Williams (13-14)

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
first of all it was shaq who beat them(duncan,garnett). lmao its like me saying "wade beat durant " uhh no lebron did, its like saying pippen beat malone, uhh no jordan did. also why u mention prim melo here but not when lebron beat him vs the knicks?, u also listed howard as prime LOL how come durant couldn't be prime in 2012? since both guys are around the same age in those years. hilarious.

okay i also like how you mentioned garnett and pierce(for the celts) WOW, weren't both guys in their 30's? weren't they both a shell of their former self?? why not include billups and hamilton than LoL it baffles me how you would include them but not tony parker LOL LOL you reach so bad. jajaja your bias is hilarious

Nah it wAs all kobe not shaq. Ok i said that, im a hater troll now.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Nah it wAs all kobe not shaq. Ok i said that, im a hater troll now.

you got schooled son,

nickdymez
05-15-2014, 05:27 PM

Show me how I hated LeBron in this thread

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
06-07: Defeated Wizards, Nets (prime Kidd, Carter, Jefferson) and Pistons (prime Billups, Sheed, Rip)
07-08: Defeated Wizards again (Arenas had fallen off at that point, but still prime Butler, Jamison)
08-09: Defeated Pistons (not the same team, easy series), Hawks (prime Smith, Johnson, Horford too young)
10-11: Defeated 76ers (easy series), Celtics (Allen and KG past prime, but Rondo and Pierce were), Bulls (prime Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer)
11-12: Defeated Knicks (prime Melo, Chandler, but Amare past prime), Pacers (prime West, Hibbert, Granger, George not there yet), Celtics (prime Rondo, Pierce arguably still in prime), Thunder (prime Durant, Westbrook, Harden not there yet
12-13: Defeated Bucks (easy series, but prime Ellis), Bulls (easy series, but prime Noah, Boozer), Pacers (prime George, Hibbert, West), Spurs (prime Parker, Duncan and Manu past prime)
13-14: Defeated Bobcats (easy series, but prime Jefferson), Nets (prime Johnson, Williams, Pierce, KG, Kirilenko all past prime)

So, let's take a look at all the really god players Lebron beat while in their primes:

Likely Hall of Famers
Jason Kidd (06-07)
Vince Carter (06-07)
Chauncey Billups (06-07)
Carmelo Anthony (11-12)
Kevin Durant (11-12)
Tony Parker (12-13)

Derrick Rose (10-11)
Paul George (12-13)

Gilbert Arenas (05-06)
Rasheed Wallace (06-07)
Rip Hamilton (06-07)
Josh Smith (08-09)
Andre Iguodala (10-11)
Carlos Boozer (10-11)
Tyson Chandler (11-12)
Danny Granger (11-12)
Monta Ellis (12-13)
Al Jefferson (13-14)

Ray Allen (10-11, 11-12)
Amare Stoudemire (11-12)
Tim Duncan (12-13)
Manu Ginobili (12-13)
Deron Williams (13-14)

:laugh2: all that work for nothing. Very few of those guys are actually any good, and Lebron never won a ship beating most of them. The 2012 finals is his only great win. Kobe and Duncan had to go to war with each other and great teams to win their ships. Lebron hasn't come close to vsing teams like that. Plus he has one of the best teams ever built in the weakest conference in league history. Ding ding, schools out.

ATX
05-15-2014, 05:31 PM
:laugh2: all that work for nothing. Very few of those guys are actually any good, and Lebron never won a ship beating most of them. The 2012 finals is his only great win. Kobe and Duncan had to go to war with each other and great teams to win their ships. Lebron hasn't come close to vsing teams like that. Plus he has one of the best teams ever built in the weakest conference in league history. Ding ding, schools out.

Are you serious? GTFO

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Im mocking u kiddo, u didnt get it. Okay dokay
i don't really care, you have conceded defeat so im good now.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Lol ya, he tried his hardest for the last hour and came up with a bunch of players who arnt very good. And not in their prime anymore.

llooll, everyone on that list is a superstar hall of famers

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Weaksauce Kobe beaten WAY more than that. No contest

No sir. That's ******** for numerous reasons. First, this thread did not state "Kobe has beaten more great players in their primes than Lebron." It states that Lebron has not beaten anybody in their primes, which I've just proven you completely, 100 percent wrong.

Secondly,your argument is a poor one because Lebron has historically played in a weaker conference and Kobe has played in 7 more seasons than Lebron has. Any argument that is longevity based is "weaksauce" to begin with. And all of that is before we bring up the whole "who had better supporting casts" argument. Kobe CLEARLY had more help in his 18 seasons than Lebron has had in his 11.

Also this whole "beat players in their prime" argument is a piss poor one to start with, because it doesn't take into consideration the fact that those Celtics and Spurs teams are/were composed of multiple first ballot Hall of Famers still playing at an extremely high level. Also, it hurts Lebron, because he's had to play a lot of the same teams and the same players over and over again. If he faces the Pacers in the Conference Finals and the Spurs or Thunder in the Finals, we won't be able to add any names to that list I just posted. Should Lebron get knocked for that, because that certainly doesn't seem fair.

Basically, I just pulled apart your argument and you counted with the incredibly weak "Kobe did it more," but then I pulled that apart. Go ahead and counter with your next pathetic, generic excuse for a reply so I can rape that too.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:34 PM
i don't really care, you have conceded defeat so im good now.

Defeat? Um what defeat, me no undastand

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:36 PM
No sir. That's ******** for numerous reasons. First, this thread did not state "Kobe has beaten more great players in their primes than Lebron." It states that Lebron has not beaten anybody in their primes, which I've just proven you completely, 100 percent wrong.

Secondly,your argument is a poor one because Lebron has historically played in a weaker conference and Kobe has played in 7 more seasons than Lebron has. Any argument that is longevity based is "weaksauce" to begin with. And all of that is before we bring up the whole "who had better supporting casts" argument. Kobe CLEARLY had more help in his 18 seasons than Lebron has had in his 11.

Also this whole "beat players in their prime" argument is a piss poor one to start with, because it doesn't take into consideration the fact that those Celtics and Spurs teams are/were composed of multiple first ballot Hall of Famers still playing at an extremely high level. Also, it hurts Lebron, because he's had to play a lot of the same teams and the same players over and over again. If he faces the Pacers in the Conference Finals and the Spurs or Thunder in the Finals, we won't be able to add any names to that list I just posted. Should Lebron get knocked for that, because that certainly doesn't seem fair.

Basically, I just pulled apart your argument and you counted with the incredibly weak "Kobe did it more," but then I pulled that apart. Go ahead and counter with your next pathetic, generic excuse for a reply so I can rape that too.

Um mmkay, big boss man

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Defeat? Um what defeat, me no undastand

you and illusionist have both resorted to trolling when facts were brought up, that equals defeat.

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Lol ya, he tried his hardest for the last hour and came up with a bunch of players who arnt very good. And not in their prime anymore.
What the **** are you talking about? Did you not even look at the ****ing list? Let's look at just the first two categories of players:

Likely Hall of Famers
Jason Kidd (06-07)
Vince Carter (06-07)
Chauncey Billups (06-07)
Carmelo Anthony (11-12)
Kevin Durant (11-12)
Tony Parker (12-13)

Derrick Rose (10-11)
Paul George (12-13)

In that group, there are probably close to 10 guys who will one day be enshrined in the Hall of Fame. And the guys in the first group are all already likely top 100 players of all time. Kidd, Pierce and Durant are all likely top 50 players of all-time. And Durant is likely going to end his career as a top 10-15 guy of all-time. Instead of just laughing at the list and taking no time whatsoever to discuss, how about growing a pair of testicles and making a legitimate argument against it.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:38 PM
how come lebron fans are always bringing up facts but kobe fans are usually( not all but most) trolling?

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Um mmkay, big boss man

How is that even a response? You create this thread bashing the guy and whenever somebody replies with a legitimate answer that is well thought out and takes time, the best you can come up with is "o well, kobe iz better!" Then I respond to that and the best thing you can do is say "mmkay insert mispronunciation of your screen name here." What are you, 12 or something? Grow the **** up if you want to be taken seriously or stop creating trolling threads altogether.

nickdymez
05-15-2014, 05:41 PM
These people make you want to hate Lebron because of how they defend EVERYTHING he does. Ive never seen anything. Then its passive aggresive time. Then its time to discredit Kobe. lmfao

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2014, 05:44 PM
These people make you want to hate Lebron because of how they defend EVERYTHING he does. Ive never seen anything. Then its passive aggresive time. Then its time to discredit Kobe. lmfao

Kinda like looking in the mirror, huh.

hugepatsfan
I'd say the OP kind of has a point but really not through fault of Lebron. There are really only 2 superstars who's primes came during Lebron's IMO. Howard, who he played once and lost to, and then Wade, who he teamed up with before he could ever play. He lost to Tim Duncan and KG/Pierce during their primes but those were just better rosters than what he had in CLE (once he started beating KG/Pierce w/ MIA they were past their primes). Those guys were all at the end of their primes once he started getting into his so there wasn't enough of an overlap for Lebron to really get a fair crack at them with a good enough team around them.

ILLUSIONIST^248
What the **** are you talking about? Did you not even look at the ****ing list? Let's look at just the first two categories of players:

Likely Hall of Famers
Jason Kidd (06-07)
Vince Carter (06-07)
Chauncey Billups (06-07)
Carmelo Anthony (11-12)
Kevin Durant (11-12)
Tony Parker (12-13)

Derrick Rose (10-11)
Paul George (12-13)

In that group, there are probably close to 10 guys who will one day be enshrined in the Hall of Fame. And the guys in the first group are all already likely top 100 players of all time. Kidd, Pierce and Durant are all likely top 50 players of all-time. And Durant is likely going to end his career as a top 10-15 guy of all-time. Instead of just laughing at the list and taking no time whatsoever to discuss, how about growing a pair of testicles and making a legitimate argument against it.

Come on man, let's be real. Most of the guys you mentioned were in the east and Lebron never made it to the finals those years. 11-12 pierce? Carmelo Anthony who's on the pathetic knocks?

Joe Johnson? Joakim Noah?rose?Rondo?:puke: none of these guys are worthy to talk about and are on much worse teams than Lebron. I will give Lebron the 2012 run tho.

Raps18-19 Champ
Lebron just facing people in front of him. And he's beat plenty of talent in his career.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM
How is that even a response? You create this thread bashing the guy and whenever somebody replies with a legitimate answer that is well thought out and takes time, the best you can come up with is "o well, kobe iz better!" Then I respond to that and the best thing you can do is say "mmkay insert mispronunciation of your screen name here." What are you, 12 or something? Grow the **** up if you want to be taken seriously or stop creating trolling threads altogether.

Cuz u cum up with dummie stuffs?

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM
how come lebron fans are always bringing up facts but kobe fans are usually( not all but most) trolling?

I've wondered this for a long time and I think I've just come to accept the fact that the average Lebron supporters are just smarter than your average Kobe supporters. Lebron fans can look at statistics, consider the historical context of the players and formulate legitimate arguments based on that information. Kobe fans look at the rings and his scoring totals and don't really care enough to dive any deeper than that.

Lebron fans actually paid attention in class, whereas Kobe fans took remedial English and still can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're."

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Come on man, let's be real. Most of the guys you mentioned were in the east and Lebron never made it to the finals those years. 11-12 pierce? Carmelo Anthony who's on the pathetic knocks?

Joe Johnson? Joakim Noah?rose?Rondo?:vomit: none of these guys are worthy to talk about and are on much worse teams than Lebron. I will give Lebron the 2012 run tho.

Noah and gi joe, hahaha

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I've wondered this for a long time and I think I've just come to accept the fact that the average Lebron supporters are just smarter than your average Kobe supporters. Lebron fans can look at statistics, consider the historical context of the players and formulate legitimate arguments based on that information. Kobe fans look at the rings and his scoring totals and don't really care enough to dive any deeper than that.

Lebron fans actually paid attention in class, whereas Kobe fans took remedial English and still can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're."

Wow u bery smart boi. Me no goot englis like u mister sir.

nickdymez
05-15-2014, 05:50 PM

I wonder how this guy gets away with insults left and right but i got banned for saying "Dont be stupid". PSD.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2014, 05:51 PM
No. Run along and play little kid.

Does this mean we are not playing skee ball after?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2014, 05:52 PM
I wonder how this guy gets away with insults left and right but i got banned for saying "Dont be stupid". PSD.

I agree. Ban both of you!

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 05:53 PM

Prime garnett twolve
Prime melo nuggets
Prime garnett, pierce
Prime howard

Just some fuzzy math here so lets help bathroom man out...

So Kobe facing Pierce counts as "in his prime". The following year Pierce raises his shooting% FT% scoring, assists, rebounds, drops his turnovers and leads his team to a better record that is now past his prime? Obviously not. If Durants career is all downhill from here we aren't looking at this season as a non prime year.

5 year pro Dwight Howard = Prime star. 5 year pro Kevin Durant with more minutes in the NBA = too young? So Bathroom man has another prime star that was beaten.

Kevin Garnett averaging 14.3-7.3 in his 16th year is a prime star. But Duncan averaging 18-10 in his 16th year and 3000 less minutes on his body is not? Obviously again we have a paradox here. Bathroom man proves a 3rd star Lebron has beaten in his prime.

And Garnett the following year averaged 14.9 and 8.9 and improved basically everywhere.. Again another paradox. Does playing better mean you are no longer in your prime? Of course not. Lebron knocked KD out of the playoffs the year he had his highest PER in the post-season in Boston. Clearly not "past his prime"

Derrick Rose when he lost to Lebron was a whopping 10 months younger than Dwight when he lost to Kobe. BUT Rose was an MVP... Hard to argue an MVP year 10 months younger than Prime Dwight wasn't a star in his prime.

And Russell Westbrook at 23 was the same age as Dwight when Kobe beat him too. All star, clearly a huge part of that team, 2nd team all NBA, putting up 23-6-6 in the playoffs.

Obviously that fits if 23 is ok, which you say is fine....

So your argument based on your logic when you take off the jersey and just look at the numbers you want to use is Lebron by age 30 has beaten 6 stars in their prime, and your list has Kobe beating 3 in that same timespan. That Lebron as a #1 option did it to all 6, actually covering most of them at points, while Kobe did it as a #1 option to none, and Melo was really the only one he spent time covering.

Look, I will be the first to say Kobe faced some tougher teams in his career, that his time early in LA he was a monster in the conference Finals too. But when you push that hard to try and make your point your logic betrays you doesn't it?

You are stuck saying Kobe never really faced many prime guys, or Lebron has faced prime stars, or try to whittle down little bits and pieces saying it isn't how well you play that determines your prime but being 23 years and 140 days minimum and having dropped 3.1 points per game over a 5 year period in leap years and all this other convoluted mess and hope you can turn the topic enough nobody realizes...

jerellh528
05-15-2014, 05:53 PM
The bet is still open to any Lebron or heat fan who has over 1000 posts. They 3peat I'll leave forever, they don't 3peat and you leave forever. Any takers!?

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
You could make a strong argument that Pierce's 11-12 season was one of the 2-3 best seasons of his entire career. No, he wasn't posting ridiculous basic stats, but he was playing on a stacked team with other first ballot Hall of Famers. Look at the guy's efficiency that season and you'll see what I'm talking about. Melo admittedly never played on a great team, but that team that season at least still had prime Chandler and a decent Amare before he fell off the face of the planet.

Joe Johnson? Joakim Noah?rose?Rondo?:vomit: none of these guys are worthy to talk about and are on much worse teams than Lebron. I will give Lebron the 2012 run tho.
Joe Johnson has played on like 6-7 All-Star teams and his numbers are actually comparable to a lot of other wings who are in the Hall of Fame. I wouldn't vote him in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in.

Noah will likely make the Hall of Fame based solely off his collegiate career, but he's a phenomenal player. Hell, the guy just finished fifth in MVP voting and he's been this good for a long time. He's an elite defender and one of the best passing big men and glue guys of this decade.

I don't think you can knock Lebron's victory over that Rose Bulls team in 10-11. To me, that's one of the most impressive postseason victories of his career. Rose had just won the MVP and a lot of people thought that team would beat the Heat, but Miami pretty much crushed them. You could discount the validity of some of these series, but not that one. Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng and Thibodeau as coach? That's a great basketball team.

And I don't think you can discount Rondo, either, especially given some of the epic postseason performances he's posted throughout his career and the fact that he was an All-Star the two years Lebron beat him. I've never been the biggest Rondo fan, but if he can pick up his career and continue where he left off in 2012-13, I think he could one day make the Hall as well.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Just some fuzzy math here so lets help bathroom man out...

So Kobe facing Pierce counts as "in his prime". The following year Pierce raises his shooting% FT% scoring, assists, rebounds, drops his turnovers and leads his team to a better record that is now past his prime? Obviously not. If Durants career is all downhill from here we aren't looking at this season as a non prime year.

5 year pro Dwight Howard = Prime star. 5 year pro Kevin Durant with more minutes in the NBA = too young? So Bathroom man has another prime star that was beaten.

Kevin Garnett averaging 14.3-7.3 in his 16th year is a prime star. But Duncan averaging 18-10 in his 16th year and 3000 less minutes on his body is not? Obviously again we have a paradox here. Bathroom man proves a 3rd star Lebron has beaten in his prime.

And Garnett the following year averaged 14.9 and 8.9 and improved basically everywhere.. Again another paradox. Does playing better mean you are no longer in your prime? Of course not. Lebron knocked KD out of the playoffs the year he had his highest PER in the post-season in Boston. Clearly not "past his prime"

I think your use of that term just gave Lebron 3 series wins over prime stars... Derrick Rose when he lost to Lebron was a whopping 10 months younger than Dwight when he lost to Kobe. Hard to argue an MVP year wasn't a star in his prime.

And Russell Westbrook at 23 was the same age as Dwight when Kobe beat him. All star, clearly a huge part of that team, 2nd team all NBA, putting up 23-6-6 in the playoffs.

Obviously that fits if 23 is ok, and he can put up better numbers than Pierce. So Bathroom is ok with this one according to his own logic here.

So your argument based on your logic when you take off the jersey and just look at the numbers you want to use is Lebron by age 30 has beaten 6 stars in their prime, and your list has Kobe beating 3 in that same timespan. That Lebron as a #1 option did it to all 6, actually covering most of them at points, while Kobe did it as a #1 option to none, and Melo was really the only one he spent time covering.

Look, I will be the first to say Kobe faced some tougher teams in his career, that his time early in LA he was a monster in the conference Finals too. But when you push that hard to try and make your point your logic betrays you doesn't it?

You are stuck saying Kobe never really faced many prime guys, or Lebron has faced prime stars, or try to whittle down little bits and pieces saying it isn't how well you play that determines your prime but being 23 years and 140 days minimum and having dropped 3.1 points per game over a 5 year period in leap years and all this other convoluted mess and hope you can turn the topic enough nobody realizes...

Not gunna read all that but my mistake bron lost to young howard

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Yup shaq beat Duncan and KG. It doesn't matter if kobe every single time shaq beat Duncan kobe led the team in scoring and assist. Who cares if shaq was on the bench in every close game with 1 possession left. Nobody cares it's the same with the wolves series with kobe leading in scoring and asst and closing out games. Shaq beat these guys.

Jamiecballer
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
You can pretty much tell the intelligent fans from those who don't have a clue and here's how :

Ask them to name who "player x" beat in his prime. The first guy starts listing names. The intelligent fan walks in, shakes his head and says "teams beat teams. This isn't boxing, stupid", and walks out.

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
The bet is still open to any Lebron or heat fan who has over 1000 posts. They 3peat I'll leave forever, they don't 3peat and you leave forever. Any takers!?

I don't dislike you, so I have no desire to make that bet. However, if you can get Illusionist, nicky and amos to make that bet together as a group, it would be worth my time. If the three of them agree to it, I'll make that bet.

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Not gunna read all that but my mistake bron lost to young howard

Of course not. It uses your logic.

You say Kobe beating Howard at 23 is beating a star in his prime. Lebron beating Durant at 23 and Westbrook at 23 then is beating a star in his prime right?

Raps18-19 Champ
You can pretty much tell the intelligent fans from those who don't have a clue and here's how :

Ask them to name who "player x" beat in his prime. The first guy starts listing names. The intelligent fan walks in, shakes his head and says "teams beat teams. This isn't boxing, stupid", and walks out.

What a smart man.

Wade n Fade
He beat a Melo in his prime. Thread over.

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 06:00 PM

While that argument is true, Lebron detractors will find any possible argument they can to diminish the guy's accomplishments. To defend him, sometimes you have to argue on their level, which sometimes goes beyond the realm of sanity or competency.

Bruno
05-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Durant will have to improve then sustain his defensive impact.

Bruno
05-15-2014, 06:01 PM
He beat a Melo in his prime. Thread over.

good point.

.../thread?

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Of course not. It uses your logic.

You say Kobe beating Howard at 23 is beating a star in his prime. Lebron beating Durant at 23 and Westbrook at 23 then is beating a star in his prime right?

U know u dont go by age ya know & i already said howard is still young but he was a force back then compare to what he is now. Happy?

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Thank you to Illusionist, by the way, for actually reading my post and responding with a legitimate reply. I may not have agreed with it, but I appreciated it and understood where he was coming from. If we got more responses like that in threads like this, there would be a lot less hate flying around and a lot more respect.

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 06:06 PM
U know u dont go by age ya know & i already said howard is still young but he was a force back then compare to what he is now. Happy?

And we aren't going on age, NICE!

So Pierce and Garnett playing better when Lebron beats them than when Kobe beat them less than a year earlier is beating two stars in their prime is your point here.

Or Rose winning an MVP as a force 10 months younger than Dwight was when Kobe beat him isn't about age here.

See how you now have to backtrack and change your logic...

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM

Likely Hall of Famers
Jason Kidd (06-07)
Vince Carter (06-07)
Chauncey Billups (06-07)
Carmelo Anthony (11-12)
Kevin Durant (11-12)
Tony Parker (12-13)

Derrick Rose (10-11)
Paul George (12-13)

Gilbert Arenas (05-06)
Rasheed Wallace (06-07)
Rip Hamilton (06-07)
Josh Smith (08-09)
Andre Iguodala (10-11)
Carlos Boozer (10-11)
Tyson Chandler (11-12)
Danny Granger (11-12)
Monta Ellis (12-13)
Al Jefferson (13-14)

Ray Allen (10-11, 11-12)
Amare Stoudemire (11-12)
Tim Duncan (12-13)
Manu Ginobili (12-13)
Deron Williams (13-14)

Great list. I agree %100 on Great players like Williams, amare and joe are slightly past there prime. I see all these guys getting a max extension soon.

tr3ymill3r
05-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I didn't realize that LeBron was supposed to dictate when he was born as well as dictate when others were born too. He never faced Jordan, Bird or Magic either, I mean what has this guy done? (SARCASM) I also forgot that he is supposed to pick and choose who he faces in each series and when he faces them. GTFO.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
btw nickdymez said paul george was on the same level as durant/lebron, i guess lebron will be beating this beast three times in a row.

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Durant will have to improve then sustain his defensive impact.

Haha, Bruno that comment was not meant for someone like you. I agree that Durant has a long, long way to go in that discussion, if there ever is one. Just trying to stay on this threads level, you know?

I just don't know why they let some of these guys troll the threads non stop. I guess you can say that I'm ready to be on their level at times. I wish all laker fans were more like you, Shep, Lakers Giants, Avenged, etc.

Instead you get a ridiculous amount of these people (maybe they are lakers fans, maybe just kobe fans) trying to discredit tons of players (Duncan, Rockets players (well maybe just Dwight/Harden), Lebron especially, and so on). With Lebron people will go out of their way to make threads like this to bash him. Heck they will even bash their own lakers teams from 4 years ago to prop up Kobe.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Haha, Bruno that comment was not meant for someone like you. I agree that Durant has a long, long way to go in that discussion, if there ever is one. Just trying to stay on this threads level, you know?

I just don't know why they let some of these guys troll the threads non stop. I guess you can say that I'm ready to be on their level at times. I wish all laker fans were more like you, Shep, Lakers Giants, Avenged, etc.

Instead you get a ridiculous amount of these people (maybe they are lakers fans, maybe just kobe fans) trying to discredit tons of players (Duncan, Rockets players (well maybe just Dwight/Harden), Lebron especially, and so on). With Lebron people will go out of their way to make threads like this to bash him. Heck they will even bash their own lakers teams from 4 years ago to prop up Kobe.
a
i have bash/discredit alot of players and i have compliment alot of players. you re just seeing the dark side of things.. u havent seen the good side is all i gotta say

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 06:22 PM
i'll let someone reply to this as my head is spinning round and round. damn critical thinking course

No prob... Was just showing that your statement might have a bit of bias in there based on the jersey the player wears rather than looking at the actual opponents. You forgot AI too by the way for Kobe's list. I'd even put Reggie in there, sure he was mid 30's then, but still not slowing down (But I would say Reggie got the best of a very young Kobe in that series).

I'm not saying Lebron has beaten better teams, better players etc. here, actually I give that edge to Kobe and the Lakers for his career. Just that you took your argument a bit too far to prove that there was some massive chasm there, when it really isn't so.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
we're talking about megastar in their primes , not a bunch of borderline weenies

durant 2012 = mega star

dwight 2008 = good defender, athletic but not close to a megastar thats why he got locked down by gasol.

both were about the same age but i guess one is in his prime, and the other wasn't.

Avenged
05-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Damn. Everything goes in this forum now or what?

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 06:26 PM
So do the Knicks extend JR Smith?

beasted86
05-15-2014, 06:28 PM
How is he trolling? You need to refresh yourself on what the term "trolling" means. What he posted is factual.

Actually it's most of you who don't know what the term means.

Maybe you are the one who should do real research on the definition of the word, not what you "think" it means. All opinion based original posts are indeed trolling, whether it is in a positive light or negative light the same. They are trolling for reactions and responses. If a post isn't relaying news or making a request, it's more than likely trolling. Like I said, actually Google the definition of the word or open up a dictionary, and then tell me I'm wrong.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:29 PM
No prob... Was just showing that your statement might have a bit of bias in there based on the jersey the player wears rather than looking at the actual opponents. You forgot AI too by the way for Kobe's list. I'd even put Reggie in there, sure he was mid 30's then, but still not slowing down (But I would say Reggie got the best of a very young Kobe in that series).

I'm not saying Lebron has beaten better teams, better players etc. here, actually I give that edge to Kobe and the Lakers for his career. Just that you took your argument a bit too far to prove that there was some massive chasm there, when it really isn't so.

just to let u know, i didnt brought mr kobe into this. and i never said lebrons career is done, he still got durant and george to go up against. and i agree kobe has beaten better competition than lebron. and its not lebrons fault. but its something to discuss about, what ifs. he went up against a prime duncan, the big three in boston, etc

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
we're talking about megastar in their primes , not a bunch of borderline weenies

As other posters have already stated, beating individual players doesn't really mean anything, because this is a team game in which both sides always have five guys on the floor. If you're just looking for a "megastar," then you could say Lebron beating Gilbert Arenas in 05-06 was among his most impressive postseason victories ever. But anyone with common sense would say that Lebron beating the Pistons, Celtics and Spurs is a far more impressive feat. None of those squads really had a "megastar" in his prime when Lebron's squads beat them, but those teams were consistently dominant within the era he played in.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
just to let u know, i didnt brought mr kobe into this. and i never said lebrons career is done, he still got durant and george to go up against. and i agree kobe has beaten better competition than lebron. and its not lebrons fault. but its something to discuss about, what ifs. he went up against a prime duncan, the big three in boston, etc

again, tony parker isn't in his prime, but the big three celtisc are LOL, what about rondo?,

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Who did Kobe beat from 2009-2010 (the years Kobe lead his teams to championships) that was so much better than Durant? Durant was 2nd in MVP voting to Lebron that year and many considered him the 2nd best player in the league.

Then factor in the Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka trio as his teammates.

nobody really. i said when they had shaq, not when he had gasol.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
celtics were prime when kobe faced them, but one year later all of a sudden they're not in their primes anymore as soon as lebrons crew beats them LOLOL

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:35 PM
As other posters have already stated, beating individual players doesn't really mean anything, because this is a team game in which both sides always have five guys on the floor. If you're just looking for a "megastar," then you could say Lebron beating Gilbert Arenas in 05-06 was among his most impressive postseason victories ever. But anyone with common sense would say that Lebron beating the Pistons, Celtics and Spurs is a far more impressive feat. None of those squads really had a "megastar" in his prime when Lebron's squads beat them, but those teams were consistently dominant within the era he played in.

u do know that megastar like kobe, shaq, jordan, duncan get questionable calls at the end right? u get what im trying to say here. u taking things out of context. talk to illusionist, he'll explain it better

mjt20mik
05-15-2014, 06:36 PM
He just entered his prime in the last year or so. So basically a young Lebron lost to all those people and beat all of those people. And a Prime Lebron beat the Spurs and a young OKC team.

mngopher35
nobody really. i said when they had shaq, not when he had gasol.

Fair enough.

Hardaway Here
I just came to read the comments :laugh:

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Who did Kobe beat from 2009-2010 (the years Kobe lead his teams to championships) that was so much better than Durant? Durant was 2nd in MVP voting to Lebron that year and many considered him the 2nd best player in the league.

Then factor in the Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka trio as his teammates.

Lakers competition 2008, 2009 and 2010

2008:

1st rd: beat prime Melo and washed up Iverson
2nd rd: beat prime Deron and Boozer
3rd rd: beat prime Duncan, Parker, Ginobili with semi-washed up Bowen
4th rd: lost to prime Allen, Pierce and semi prime Garnett and young Rondo

2009:

1st rd: beat prime Deron and Boozer
2nd rd: beat oft injured Yao, prime Artest, but no TMac
3rd rd: beat prime Melo and semi-prime Billups with prime Kmart, Nene
4th rd: beat prime Dwight, prime Shard Lewis, prime Hedo

2010:

1st rd: beat young KD, Westy, Harden, Ibaka
2nd rd: beat prime Deron and Booz
3rd rd: beat prime Nash (his last prime yr) and Stoudamire
4th rd: beat prime Allen and Pierce and semi-prime Garnett with rising Rondo

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 06:39 PM
u do know that megastar like kobe, shaq, jordan, duncan get questionable calls at the end right? u get what im trying to say here. u taking things out of context. talk to illusionist, he'll explain it better

No, I don't know what you're trying to say. What makes beating a team with a "megastar" more impressive than beating great teams like the Spurs or Pistons? Just because these so-called "megastars" get a few more free throws a game? That's a pretty weak argument, bro.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM
celtics were prime when kobe faced them, but one year later all of a sudden they're not in their primes anymore as soon as lebrons crew beats them LOLOL

lebron lost to the big three while kobe beat them in their prime. then 2 yrs later, boston became very old and lebron beat them single handily

Bruno
05-15-2014, 06:42 PM
hope nobody mines if I close this troll fest. sorry if you were in the middle of a reply.

lets keep it decent everybody.