PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Dilemma facing Clips right now, Ibaka or Crawford?

Chronz
05-15-2014, 01:11 PM
CP3 choked hard last game, he truly had a classic Tragic Johnson moment, but just like Magic, his decision making is generally not something you worry about going forward. What seems obvious to me is that while we have scored alot of points, we have gotten more stagnant in our sets this series. Thunder do a great job of taking away primary options, which is why Doc has relied more on the bouncy Crawford than Reddick to close games out, but has it gotten to the point where his presence has limited the touches of superior players? Crawford has a ridiculously high usage rate and low pass rate, many of his shots led directly to fast break points for the opposing team, now Crawford has always been a chucker, but he didn't chuck like this for us all year, I have a feeling this over reliance is a result of Ibaka's presence and his minimization of Blake.

Blake has had a decent series offensively, but hes done most of his damage with Ibaka on the bench. His TS% is a lowly 50% with Ibaka on the floor and a robust 73.2% at every other juncture. Getting Ibaka into foul trouble is a must for the team/Griffin.

The 2 are linked but there has to be an adjustment on behalf of both Griffin/Crawford and how they attack Ibaka.

Greet
05-15-2014, 01:24 PM
I honestly was watching the game the other day and thought to myself why JJ wasn't in and Crawford was. Seems like you would want Reddick in that situation over Jamal.

Chronz
05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I honestly was watching the game the other day and thought to myself why JJ wasn't in and Crawford was. Seems like you would want Reddick in that situation over Jamal.

Yeah, just having him out there would force CP3/Blake into action. I think Doc's worried about his health or the matchup concerns.

D-Leethal
05-15-2014, 02:12 PM
You try to stay so unbiased and middlegrounded but when it comes to CP3 and the Clips, your subtle homerism definitely shines through. You are no different than the rest of us, my friend.

D-Leethal
05-15-2014, 02:13 PM
CP3 blew the game but....but......but Magic did it once too I swear!!! (while taking a shot at 5x champion Magic in the process of downplaying CP's mistakes)

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
You try to stay so unbiased and middlegrounded but when it comes to CP3 and the Clips, your subtle homerism definitely shines through. You are no different than the rest of us, my friend.At least he has his high horse.

cmellofan15
05-15-2014, 02:46 PM
CP3 blew the game but....but......but Magic did it once too I swear!!! (while taking a shot at 5x champion Magic in the process of downplaying CP's mistakes)

haha he was comparing moments where two people choked away a game in similar fashions as a preface to his main point. he wasn't downplaying anything, just acknowledging the freak mishap that lead to the loss was on CP.

but I understand, you saw a shining opportunity to vilify Chronz and you took it. bravo.

cmellofan15
05-15-2014, 02:52 PM
and to your point, I believe it is more on Crawford than Ibaka. the dude has been gunning. it's actually kind of funny seeing him and Westbrook on the court at the same time because they seem to gun with such reckless abandon haha. in games one and four he was decent, but other than that he has been terrible, especially since his usage numbers are always around the same as CP3 and the outputs are completely different.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Lol @crawford not a chucker during regular season. Jamal Crawford is a chucker and will always be one. Regular season pre season it dont matter.

slaker619
05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Crawford either needs to hit his shots are get out the game simple

COOLbeans
05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Crawford was efficient during the season. He wasn't chucking as much as you'd think

Method28
05-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Other than Cp3 there is no one on the team I'd rather have take a last second shot than Craw on this Clippers team.

His ability to create his own shot and hit some shots that I'm not sure 5 others in the league can hit make him very valuable to this team.

He does seem to overshoot when he's off still but since his time with this team he's seemed a lot more "team friendly" than in the past.

cmellofan15
05-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Other than Cp3 there is no one on the team I'd rather have take a last second shot than Craw on this Clippers team.

His ability to create his own shot and hit some shots that I'm not sure 5 others in the league can hit make him very valuable to this team.

He does seem to overshoot when he's off still but since his time with this team he's seemed a lot more "team friendly" than in the past.

do you think that statement still holds true this round? I agree with you, but I don't think he's been that same guy this series. he just seems like he's forcing shots right now.

Method28
05-15-2014, 11:58 PM

do you think that statement still holds true this round? I agree with you, but I don't think he's been that same guy this series. he just seems like he's forcing shots right now.

He's been taking some pretty bad shots this round. Then again he's saved our *** a good amount of times as well.

If I was forced to choose I'd probably go with Craw being a bigger issue only because I think teams need to follow their game plan and not worry about the other team. I'm sure chucking up a contested 28ft 3 with 16 seconds on the play clock isn't within our game plan lol

Chronz
05-16-2014, 12:58 AM
You try to stay so unbiased and middlegrounded but when it comes to CP3 and the Clips, your subtle homerism definitely shines through. You are no different than the rest of us, my friend.
Based on what?

You sound petty, you cant take shots by citing FACTS. Whos downplaying it?? Calling it a Tragic Johnson moment is acknowledging the choke. Learn your history

Kashmir13579
05-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Based on what?

You sound petty, you cant take shots by citing FACTS. Whos downplaying it?? Calling it a Tragic Johnson moment is acknowledging he choke. Learn your history lol dleethal

Kashmir13579
05-16-2014, 08:47 PM
but I understand, you saw a shining opportunity to vilify Chronz and you took it. bravo. he takes what he can get