PDA

View Full Version : The game was rigged for the Nets right?

ThaDubs
05-14-2014, 10:30 PM
The EXACT same thing that happened during the Thunder Clippers game just happened during the Nets Heat game. Paul Pierce touched the ball last as it flew out of bounds, but since he was fouled with nothing called, the refs realized their mistake and gave the ball to the Nets. Once again, the exact same situation as last nights Thunder game.

ITT we will discuss how rigged this game was, I feel so bad for the Heat bc this was rigged for the Nets wow, wow.

P&GRealist
05-14-2014, 10:30 PM
tittays

bucketss
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
heat won who cares.

EL_MACHETE
05-14-2014, 10:41 PM
tittays

Boobies

mngopher35
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
The EXACT same thing that happened during the Thunder Clippers game just happened during the Nets Heat game. Paul Pierce touched the ball last as it flew out of bounds, but since he was fouled with nothing called, the refs realized their mistake and gave the ball to the Nets. Once again, the exact same situation as last nights Thunder game.

ITT we will discuss how rigged this game was, I feel so bad for the Heat bc this was rigged for the Nets wow, wow.

I missed the part where Brooklyn was getting the calls throughout the game with Heat's stars in foul trouble, they called a very questionable foul on a 3 right afte at the end of the game (which rarely happens), and they missed a foul call at the end of the game.

I don't even think it was a conspiracy or anything like that, I don't believe it is rigged. Even I can tell the difference in what happened though.

BirdIsTheWord
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
There needs to be a single thread for all of this.

Cal827
05-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Lol, somebody really hates the Clippers :D

LAKobeBryant
05-14-2014, 11:24 PM
below

lpdunks8
05-15-2014, 01:48 AM
:cool:

Avenged
05-15-2014, 01:49 AM
:yawn:

Method28
05-15-2014, 01:55 AM

Yeah you're right. EXACT same situation man. Good call.

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 02:04 AM

Unquestionably. It was quite obvious that the NBA wanted the Nets to win this game, but the refs messed up.

Expect some unreported fines against the refs that allowed the Heat to win this game,

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-15-2014, 02:07 AM
The rulebook states that if the hand is slapped causing the ball to go out of bounds, the ball remains in the hands of the team who had their hand slapped. Refs got it right yesterday, got it right again tonight. Its a shame they gave LeBron the whistle when they didnt give the same exact one to Joe on the other end, however

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 02:14 AM
The rulebook states that if the hand is slapped causing the ball to go out of bounds, the ball remains in the hands of the team who had their hand slapped. Refs got it right yesterday, got it right again tonight. Its a shame they gave LeBron the whistle when they didnt give the same exact one to Joe on the other end, however

PLEASE, give us the NBA rule # that says that. And why slapping the wrist of the ballholder is not a foul. That would cut down on trips to the FT line.

JJ_JKidd
05-15-2014, 02:16 AM
SRD - Sports Rigged Daily

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-15-2014, 02:18 AM
PLEASE, give us the NBA rule # that says that. And why slapping the wrist of the ballholder is not a foul. That would cut down on trips to the FT line.

Rule #8 section II c.

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 02:38 AM
Rule #8 section II c.

Just read the rule. Now tell me which part of that rule applies to the Pierce situation with 5 seconds left,

ManRam
05-15-2014, 09:23 AM
It's a really interesting strategy for the league/refs to rig these games so sneakily, allowing the team they're rigging it for to be down huge late in the game. Very bold! You'd think they'd, you know, make sure it was at least closer and not have to rely on so much luck. They're sure getting lucky with their rigging!

Shortys4711
05-15-2014, 09:31 AM
It's not just luck. There is also special magnets in the balls to make shots go in and miss too. Not to mention the ability to control the players minds as well.

NYKnickFanatic
05-15-2014, 09:44 AM

You always hear, "hand is part of the ball", but that's such BS. SO MANY calls are called from players getting hit on the hand. LeBron fouled Pierce and Pierce should have been shooting free throws but they didn't call it. At least they gave the Nets another chance because the ball was clearly last off Pierce, due to LeBron fouling him.

NYKnickFanatic
05-15-2014, 09:45 AM
It's not just luck. There is also special magnets in the balls to make shots go in and miss too. Not to mention the ability to control the players minds as well.

Everyone knows that.

NoahH
05-15-2014, 10:24 AM
It's a really interesting strategy for the league/refs to rig these games so sneakily, allowing the team they're rigging it for to be down huge late in the game. Very bold! You'd think they'd, you know, make sure it was at least closer and not have to rely on so much luck. They're sure getting lucky with their rigging!

That's what I instantly thought about during both the OKC/LAC and MIA/BKN game. Does anyone really think the refs rigged these games to make a team win? LAC and BKN both collapsed in the final 3 or 4 minutes. How could the refs possibly rig the LAC/OKC game in favor of OKC when LAC was well ahead with 2min to go?

Wade n Fade
05-15-2014, 10:41 AM
I love the conspiracy theorists and their rage. If MJ and Lebron switched roles (the Lebron Bulls and MJ Heat), people would not moan. The Nets have a new motto for the offseason "Golf for Brooklyn."

Greet
05-15-2014, 10:45 AM
The Nets lost because they couldn't score a basket in the last 3:40 of the game. I'm not going to argue against Jason Kidd's coaching because I do believe they did the right thing on offense when they tried to have Pierce take Allen 1on1.

Wade n Fade
05-15-2014, 10:55 AM
The Nets lost because they couldn't score a basket in the last 3:40 of the game. I'm not going to argue against Jason Kidd's coaching because I do believe they did the right thing on offense when they tried to have Pierce take Allen 1on1.

Exactly. The clamp was on in Game 4 & 5 and Brooklyn didn't get that bad looks either. That last possession was bad though since Miami played suffocating D and it's hard to even get up a good shot. Clippers fans were making similar arguments about calls, but at the end of the day, blowing decent leads in a short span shows teams need to work on execution. And the worst answer to the situation is playing bailout ball or hero ball by shooting with 5 seconds or less on the shotclock. I wouldn't stop attacking if I had a lead, but not recklessly attacking. Good ball movement is key. P&Rs, off-ball screens, back down and kickouts, pick and pops, etc.

Greet
05-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Exactly. The clamp was on in Game 4 & 5 and Brooklyn didn't get that bad looks either. That last possession was bad though since Miami played suffocating D and it's hard to even get up a good shot. Clippers fans were making similar arguments about calls, but at the end of the day, blowing decent leads in a short span shows teams need to work on execution. And the worst answer to the situation is playing bailout ball or hero ball by shooting with 5 seconds or less on the shotclock. I wouldn't stop attacking if I had a lead, but not recklessly attacking. Good ball movement is key. P&Rs, off-ball screens, back down and kickouts, pick and pops, etc.

This is very very true. I also don't realize why people think the Nets need to blow things up now. We played against the 2-time NBA champion... and it wasn't like we got destroyed almost every game like the Blazers did.

We lost game 4 because Chris Bosh of all people hit a corner 3 to basically win the game, and we lost game 5 because we couldn't score for 3-4 minutes at the end of the game AND Ray Allen hit a miraculous 3 once again.

This series could have very easily went to 7-games, with probably the same outcome. The Nets had an incredible season and turn around this year after a slow start. We did all of this without our best player even touching the court for the majority of the season. I don't think the Nets should be in "blow up the whole roster" mode yet.

Lets see who we can resign/replace, see how Brook Lopez comes back and then try for another run.

Teeboy1487
05-15-2014, 11:03 AM
tittays

^

Wade n Fade
05-15-2014, 11:16 AM
This is very very true. I also don't realize why people think the Nets need to blow things up now. We played against the 2-time NBA champion... and it wasn't like we got destroyed almost every game like the Blazers did.

We lost game 4 because Chris Bosh of all people hit a corner 3 to basically win the game, and we lost game 5 because we couldn't score for 3-4 minutes at the end of the game AND Ray Allen hit a miraculous 3 once again.

This series could have very easily went to 7-games, with probably the same outcome. The Nets had an incredible season and turn around this year after a slow start. We did all of this without our best player even touching the court for the majority of the season. I don't think the Nets should be in "blow up the whole roster" mode yet.

Lets see who we can resign/replace, see how Brook Lopez comes back and then try for another run.

The blow up stuff is because of the age and $ attached to several players. So many role players are up for new contracts too. Blatche, Anderson, Livingston are three critical vets to that team and each are up for bigger checks. Livingston is a good backup PG or spot starter at the 2 (proven by Brooklyn that it works, but I don't like JJ and PP at the 3 & 4 respectfully.) Plumlee is a decent role player. Thornton is a streaky 3 point shooter as well. Teletovic is a big time role player for Brooklyn though. I think the fact he has a winning pedigree from Europe can help with stability as well. Idk what happened to D-Will? He shows flashes of his old self but then falters at times.

WSU Tony
05-15-2014, 11:45 AM
I've honestly found myself watching the NBA less and less. When the one greatest factor in the game is how the refs feel for a game, I start to lose interest. It might be subconscious on the refs part. Reviewing pitch locations (MLB) shows that on a 0-3 count the next pitch whether it locates as a strike or not will be called a strike 90% of the time. The strike zone expands. I'm sure NBA refs get into habits of calling fouls for the stars. It's crap.

I watched Kevin Love get calls all year long which never should have been called. It got so bad that Love was complaining about no calls when a no call was the right call. But, because he had so many calls he didn't deserve his impression of what a foul is was off base.

The NBA is a league set up to cater for the top market teams and turns the rest into farm teams. That's not a game I have any desire to follow. Lets make a cap like the NHL and take some rights away from NBA players and we'll have a league which is competitive.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM

:facepalm: it should have been 2 freethrows to tie the game followed by a failed game winning Attempt from Lebron. To send it to ot. The nba needs to change the rules, such bs

D-Leethal
05-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Whatever side of the "Rigged" fence your on pretty much points out the depth of your critical thinking skills. It takes all of 1 millisecond to come up with a ton of holes in this rigged crap.