PDA

View Full Version : The Heat are 11-3 in this postseason. Anyone gonna stop them from 3-peating?

P&GRealist
05-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I don't think so.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Well Indiana is definitely not gonna beat them the way they are playing. I'd give the Spurs a shot if they meet again in the finals.

Tony_Starks
05-14-2014, 10:35 PM
A injury to Ray Allen.

jerellh528
05-14-2014, 10:38 PM
If they get past Indy, then I'll take the field in the west to beat them.

JordansBulls
05-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Well what do you expect against two teams that didn't even win 45 games and both have a negative SRS rating?

NBA_Starter
05-14-2014, 10:39 PM
It looks like it will be Heat / Thunder.

Slug3
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Well what do you expect against two teams that didn't even win 45 games and both have a negative SRS rating?

To by the nets defense, they played a lot better the second half of the season.

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
The lakers and kobe will

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 10:41 PM
A injury to Ray Allen.

Still mad from game 6 last yr? Haha, im only kidding

Enzo
05-14-2014, 10:43 PM
The Heat have the easiest road to the finals that I've ever seen. The Pacers were their only real threat in the East and they have turned to straight up garbage.

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 10:44 PM
I think the Pacers and Thunder have the best chance to stop them, but Indiana will have to be a hell of a lot more consistent. Also, I don't think San Antonio can beat a healthy OKC team. However, if it's Miami vs. OKC, I don't think the Thunder can beat the Heat. It's one of those weird matchup situations. The Clippers would certainly be an interesting series, but I like San Antonio to beat them in a seven-game series.

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Well... given that one team was the Bobcats who were under .500, and that the other team was an aged, injury depleted Nets roster, I'd say 8-1 should be the expected outcome for a defending champion against such teams (though I thought the Nets would have one a couple more games-and they could have with a couple of calls or bounces going the other way).

Given the Pacers recent play, and the fact that the Wizards are also a sub-500 team, it doesn't look like the Heat will have much to deal with until the finals.

In the finals, however, the Heat WILL have to deal with a great team, regardless of who makes it.

championships
05-14-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't think so.Not in the super weak Eastern Conference.

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Given the Pacers recent play, and the fact that the Wizards are also a sub-500 team, it doesn't look like the Heat will have much to deal with until the finals.
You know that the Wizards were 44-38 this season, right? Also, I don't think you're giving nearly enough credit to Indiana, who pushed Miami to seven games the last two seasons and will have home court advantage should they advance past Washington.

albertajaysfan
05-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Well... given that one team was the Bobcats who were under .500, and that the other team was an aged, injury depleted Nets roster, I'd say 8-1 should be the expected outcome for a defending champion against such teams (though I thought the Nets would have one a couple more games-and they could have with a couple of calls or bounces going the other way).

In the finals, however, the Heat WILL have to deal with a great team, regardless of who makes it.

I recognize that the Heat opponents so far and the East in general pose no threat to them whatsoever but when did they become sub 500 teams? Washington in particular played very well to finish the season and grab the 5th seed.

Indiana seems to need to have their backs against the wall or they play terrible. Hoping they at least still compete and make it a long series. Definitely way less hopeful for a Pacers win compared to 3 or 4 months ago.

TheMightyHumph
05-14-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't think so.

Certainly not the refs

Tony_Starks
05-14-2014, 11:12 PM
You know that the Wizards were 44-38 this season, right? Also, I don't think you're giving nearly enough credit to Indiana, who pushed Miami to seven games the last two seasons and will have home court advantage should they advance past Washington.

Have you seen the Pacers recently? Forget recently, how about the last two months? They're finished, will be damn lucky to get past the lowly Wizards. And 44 wins by the Wiz in the east tank contest is not that impressive btw, that's like being the prettiest girl at the Big girl club.

It's a wrap man, Brooklyn series was the eastern conference finals.

_Gmen_
05-14-2014, 11:17 PM
The east isn't exactly amazing competition.

Crackadalic
05-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Nobody out west besides the spurs has a chance. Miami is out for blood

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 11:21 PM

Wrong. Heat beat pacers 4-2 in 2012. Heat always play down to their competition. Indiana deserves little credit. Heat were toying with them. They only win when they needed to win.

bucketss
05-14-2014, 11:22 PM
their competition wasn too easy, i mean look at the nets... miami was just toying with them. they rarley ran plays and the guy on basketballbreakdown suspected spolestra was saving plays for the next round because miami felt they could beat the nets on talent alone.

TheMightyHumph
05-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Nobody out west besides the spurs has a chance. Miami is out for blood

You mean the refs are out for blood

AIverson
05-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Nba and it's refs might give it to OKC this year. I honestly think OKC has it in the bag.

_Gmen_
05-14-2014, 11:25 PM
OKC might not even beat the Clippers.

bucketss
05-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Wrong. Heat beat pacers 4-2 in 2012. Heat always play down to their competition. Indiana deserves little credit. Heat were toying with them. They only win when they needed to win.

they werent toying with them in 2012 because bosh was out and wade played with bad knees, actually got his knees drained during the series. in 2013 they couldn't stop hibbert no matter what they did , they were just too small

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2014, 11:26 PM
No

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Have you seen the Pacers recently? Forget recently, how about the last two months? They're finished, will be damn lucky to get past the lowly Wizards. And 44 wins by the Wiz in the east tank contest is not that impressive btw, that's like being the prettiest girl at the Big girl club.

It's a wrap man, Brooklyn series was the eastern conference finals.
It's easy to rule out Indiana, but teams and players have known to step up their level of play against rivals. I'd still pick Miami over the Pacers in seven games, but to completely rule out Indiana as if they have zero chance whatsoever is a tad naive.

Okay, but you're completely missing the point, which is that Indiana played Miami better than any other team in the playoffs over the last two years. And to say that the Heat were "toying" with them is a total insult to the Pacers. NBA teams don't "toy" with other NBA teams. Underachieve? Sure. Have a bad game or get outplayed every once in a while? Definitely. But they don't deliberately play down to an opponent to make games more interesting, and you're truly ignorant if you believe that to be true.

Crackadalic

I honestly haven't seen anything in there 8-1 post season record that made me say "wow refs are sucking the heat" maybe game 4 but more towards brooklyn

Who knows in the finals but as of now their doing their thing

bucketss

lol aren't you a nets fan? you know what nevermind :)

Crackadalic
05-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Nba and it's refs might give it to OKC this year. I honestly think OKC has it in the bag.

Until they have more creativity in that offense Miami is going to eat them alive in the finals. Breakfast lunch dinner

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 11:35 PM
they werent toying with them in 2012 because bosh was out and wade played with bad knees, actually got his knees drained during the series. in 2013 they couldn't stop hibbert no matter what they did , they were just too small

They were down 2-1 before they decided to put it in high gear and beat them 3 consecutive without any sweat. Same thing last yr. beat them out in crucial games 1,3,5 & 7. And they dont need bosh or wade. Lebron can do it all himself.

IndiAna got a lil more experience this yr and home court thats all.

bucketss
05-14-2014, 11:47 PM
They were down 2-1 before they decided to put it in high gear and beat them 3 consecutive without any sweat. Same thing last yr. beat them out in crucial games 1,3,5 & 7. And they dont need bosh or wade. Lebron can do it all himself.

IndiAna got a lil more experience this yr and home court thats all.

smh @ lebron can do it himself i don't think you were watching that series, they were playing with a lot of urgency lebron was digging into his teammates on the bench, wade and spolestra were about to fight during a timeout, you think this was all an act?? it wasn't only until wade stepped up that they started winning games

indiana this year probably has no chance, because they have no heart this year.

Avenged
05-14-2014, 11:47 PM
They will meet their match in the Finals. But I think they pull it off regardless.

TheMightyHumph
05-14-2014, 11:48 PM
lol aren't you a nets fan? you know what nevermind :)

Sure am a Nets fan. Why else would I be watching the Heat.

naps
05-14-2014, 11:49 PM
OKC specially with way NBA handled Z-Bo, Ibaka, and last night's game. Makes you wonder.

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 11:53 PM
It's easy to rule out Indiana, but teams and players have known to step up their level of play against rivals. I'd still pick Miami over the Pacers in seven games, but to completely rule out Indiana as if they have zero chance whatsoever is a tad naive.

Okay, but you're completely missing the point, which is that Indiana played Miami better than any other team in the playoffs over the last two years. And to say that the Heat were "toying" with them is a total insult to the Pacers. NBA teams don't "toy" with other NBA teams. Underachieve? Sure. Have a bad game or get outplayed every once in a while? Definitely. But they don't deliberately play down to an opponent to make games more interesting, and you're truly ignorant if you believe that to be true.

So u believe teams dont play down to their oppenents? No one knows for sure if they do or do not. So dont be calling ppl ignorant when in fact you are ignorant as well, lil houston boy

bucketss
05-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Sure am a Nets fan. Why else would I be watching the Heat.

just kind of funny a net fan would mention refs after what happened the previous series :-)

Hangtime
05-15-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't think the Thunder will beat them. I will say the only team that is capable of beating them are the Spurs. The team that should have beaten them last year. The Heat can play the same style as OKC only better in my opinion. The Pacers are in disarray.

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 12:14 AM
just kind of funny a net fan would mention refs after what happened the previous series :-)

You mean how the Raptors complained that the Nets were getting the calls and Tim Donaghy claimed the series was fixed for the Nets.

Now if that is something you believed after you watched the series (which I'm guessing you didn't), then it says a lot about your observational skills and your knowledge of the NBA.

rex.reyesiii
05-15-2014, 12:16 AM
None. Heat in 5 still on ECF. Heat in 6 vs. the West.

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm surprised the Heat aint 8-0, especially since its kind of hard to beat them when they're playing 8 on 5

Tony_Starks
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Hopefully the Wiz can put Indy out of their misery so the Heat can in turn sweep them and put them out of their misery. Then this abomination of a eastern playoffs will come to its uneventful climax and we can just enjoy the Finals.

Avenged
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm surprised the Heat aint 8-0, especially since its kind of hard to beat them when they're playing 8 on 5

You must have Miami confused with Oklahoma.

j-bay
05-15-2014, 12:24 AM
You if the Wizards do make the ECF, I know we are not going to win based on our struggles with the Pacers. However, is it possible we could get at least one win?

THE MTL
I think the Heat would lose to either the Spurs or Clippers in the Finals.

bucketss
You mean how the Raptors complained that the Nets were getting the calls and Tim Donaghy claimed the series was fixed for the Nets.

Now if that is something you believed after you watched the series (which I'm guessing you didn't), then it says a lot about your observational skills and your knowledge of the NBA.

you're a nets a fan so i expected this kind of response, thats why i said "never mind" at the start, fans are blind to the bad calls in favor for their team, thats why a heat fan would probably say the refs in this series were even. and btw im a raptors fan so ofcourse i watched that series

THE MTL
05-15-2014, 12:25 AM
OKC specially with way NBA handled Z-Bo, Ibaka, and last night's game. Makes you wonder.

Wow u just opened my eyes

j-bay
05-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Hopefully the Wiz can put Indy out of their misery so the Heat can in turn sweep them and put them out of their misery. Then this abomination of a eastern playoffs will come to its uneventful climax and we can just enjoy the Finals.

Come on! I know we arn't beating the Heat, but at least respect what we did this season. We made the semi-finals for the 3rd time since 82.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 12:26 AM

U still mad, brah. Hehehe

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Come on! I know we arn't beating the Heat, but at least respect what we did this season. We made the semi-finals for the 3rd time since 82.

Clap clap. But u guys got lucky cuz no drose

Paul Heyman
05-15-2014, 12:36 AM
My client BROCK LESNAR, the beast that beat The Undertakers streak at wrestlemania will also beat lebrons streak in the finals

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 12:47 AM
My client BROCK LESNAR, the beast that beat The Undertakers streak at wrestlemania will also beat lebrons streak in the finals

Haha, love brock lesnar without his sillyarse tattoes

mngopher35
05-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Hopefully the pacers can return to some sort of form (Hibbert does love to play Miami). I still would have to think Miami wins that series at this point though. Whoever comes out of the West will definitely have a chance though. I think that San Antonio probably would win. Not sure about the Thunder or Clips though, I'd probably have Heat as a slight favorite.

Bring The Heat
05-15-2014, 12:52 AM
The Spurs are a team built to beat the Heat... They almost had us last year.. They have an amazing coach and they move/share the ball so well. They have size and Tony Parker is a nightmare to deal with. OKC is kind of a wash because LeBron can match up with Durant.... It just depends on how well Durant/Westbrook play. Another team that is scary for us is the clippers... They have the size and have the best point guard in the league.

FlashBolt
05-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Let's face it, OKC won't be getting past Miami. Westbrook gets way ahead of himself against Miami for some reason and KD seems to shy away when he's going against LeBron. If I were Miami, I'd take OKC over Spurs or Clippers. Heck, Pacers will give Miami a tougher run.

Tony_Starks
05-15-2014, 01:10 AM

You guys had a solid season, no disrespect. But when you're playing in the JV league that not exactly a huge accomplishment.

But if a were a Wizards fan I probably would be pretty happy comparing this season to the last few...

ironkobe
05-15-2014, 01:15 AM
1.Spurs
2.Clippers
3.okc
4 pacers

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 01:38 AM
you're a nets a fan so i expected this kind of response, thats why i said "never mind" at the start, fans are blind to the bad calls in favor for their team, thats why a heat fan would probably say the refs in this series were even. and btw im a raptors fan so ofcourse i watched that series

LLLLOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! And you are not blind to the INCREDIBLY preferential treatment Lebron gets? You didn't see Pierce get fouled with 5 seconds left, with the ref 5 inches away from the play, and no foul call? REALLY?????? Again, I must laugh at you.

beasted86
05-15-2014, 06:58 AM

Bobcats were 43-39, and Wizards were 44-38, and the Nets have one injured player... do you watch basketball? Or are you simply willing to saying anything without checking the facts to try and make your points?

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 07:45 AM
I find it amusing that so many people hate on the Heat because they beat the teams that are in front of them

Iron24th
05-15-2014, 09:10 AM
an healthy SA team seems to be able to beat them

maybe if indiana is re-focused on the challenge, but I doubt it

d00d
05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't think so.

We all knew this when the ***** left cleveland to join 2 superstars. He got what he wanted. Some easy rings

ATX
05-15-2014, 09:19 AM
We all knew this when the ***** left cleveland to join 2 superstars. He got what he wanted. Some easy rings

Nobody wants to be in Cleveland. If James is a ***** what does that make you?

ManRam
05-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Still picking Indy :hide:

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Still picking Indy :hide:

I was thinking about that one. They had their 2nd half meltdown when everyone was picking them to lose home court. They won it.

They had their 1st round meltdown where everyone was picking them to lose that series... They won it.

They had the opening night loss to Washington at home in the 2nd round where everyone thought they were in trouble, and have a good shot at winning that series.

It seems that they are playing just good enough to outplay their competition. Maybe they play up to the Heat. I don't think so, but when you talk battle tested teams, that one has been through it.

d00d
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Nobody wants to be in Cleveland. If James is a ***** what does that make you?

You're father

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 12:01 PM
No ref help in the finals should do it. Lebron isn't very good in the finals vs half decent teams. I mean he almost lost to an old beat up Spurs team. Luckily for him he has the clutchest man alive.

BALLER R
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
They haven't had any adversity yet that could hurt them in the finals if they don't get that in the next round.

Tony_Starks
05-15-2014, 12:08 PM
I find it amusing that so many people hate on the Heat because they beat the teams that are in front of them

I don't think it's hating when your stating facts. If the Spurs went through the TWolves, Phoenix Suns, and Grizzlies with Marc Gasol playing like a shell of himself wouldn't we say the same thing?

It's not Miami's fault, they're doing what they're supposed to do. But that doesn't change the fact there's really no comp in the east.

beyourself
05-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Grizz, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers all have a chance to beat the Heat. Only 1 of them will get the opportunity though because of Eastern Conference joke.

Also what makes the Heat a bad matchup for the Thunder like people are saying?

bucketss
05-15-2014, 12:31 PM
No ref help in the finals should do it. Lebron isn't very good in the finals vs half decent teams. I mean he almost lost to an old beat up Spurs team. Luckily for him he has the clutchest man alive.

lebron game 7 finals performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobes choke job in the 2010 game 7 finals.

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2014, 12:31 PM

lol you just slipped up! i thought your hero was the clutchest man alive according to you kobe nut worshipers.

TheMightyHumph
05-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Then that Heat fan would have to be blind, Mr. Donaghy.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2014, 12:43 PM
No one is beating the Heat. Lebron is just too damn good.

shauneazy
05-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Not a doubt in my mind that the Spurs beat the Heat. The Heat played the Nets and Bobcats.. RELAX

First off, systems beat individuals always. The Spurs have a phenomenal system and the Heat live off of Lebron & Co. getting calls their ways.

The Spurs will run through Miami like it's nothing, of course as long as Joey Crawford has 1 game max.. we all know when he's reffing Lebron always wins.

I can't wait to see good ol' Kawhi Leonard throw it down on Lebron

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 12:53 PM

lebron game 7 finals performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobes choke job in the 2010 game 7 finals.
Hmmmmm, I wonder how he got there??? Oh now I remember, daddy ray ray have to put bron on his shoulders.

jerellh528
05-15-2014, 12:53 PM
I would take just about any western team left to win vs Miami. They've played two pretty bad teams, for playoff standards and the big 3 + ray aren't as great as they once were. They no longer have the ability to rely soley on talent to win games, nowadays they rely heavily on the refs. I can guarantee they won't 3 peat, quote me.

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't think it's hating when your stating facts. If the Spurs went through the TWolves, Phoenix Suns, and Grizzlies with Marc Gasol playing like a shell of himself wouldn't we say the same thing?

It's not Miami's fault, they're doing what they're supposed to do. But that doesn't change the fact there's really no comp in the east.

I think when it comes to the Heat most people are closed minded and throwing love or hate. 8 - 1 is impressive regardless of how bad the east is.

The Lakers, the heat, Kobe, Lebron, and well any great player or team people do the same thing. Many of these people in 10 years will be talking about how great it was to witness this team and completely deny thinking and saying anything else.

8 - 1 against professionals in the play off impressive whether you are beating the Sixers and Bucks or the Spurs and Thunder, granted different level but still impressive.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 12:55 PM

lol you just slipped up! i thought your hero was the clutchest man alive according to you kobe nut worshipers. I've never made sucj a claim, Ray is filthy in late game situations. I mean he single handley saved lebrons legacy.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2014, 12:56 PM
I would take just about any western team left to win vs Miami. They've played two pretty bad teams, for playoff standards and the big 3 + ray aren't as great as they once were. They no longer have the ability to rely soley on talent to win games, nowadays they rely heavily on the refs. I can guarantee they won't 3 peat, quote me.

Going to go ahead and do that. If you're wrong, will you leave the forum?

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Not a doubt in my mind that the Spurs beat the Heat. The Heat played the Nets and Bobcats.. RELAX

First off, systems beat individuals always. The Spurs have a phenomenal system and the Heat live off of Lebron & Co. getting calls their ways.

The Spurs will run through Miami like it's nothing, of course as long as Joey Crawford has 1 game max.. we all know when he's reffing Lebron always wins.

I can't wait to see good ol' Kawhi Leonard throw it down on Lebron

First I want to say I'm a Sixers fan and don't particularly care one way or the other about the Heat.

Didn't the Spurs have the same phenomenal system last year when they lost to the Heat?

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM

LOL get real man...that's a chicken **** excuse!

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM

jerellh528
05-15-2014, 01:01 PM
LOL get real man...that's a chicken **** excuse!

Let's make a bet then?

i'myourdaddy
I'm surprised the Heat aint 8-0, especially since its kind of hard to beat them when they're playing 8 on 5 just like the Lakers vs Kings in 2002

Fix

jerellh528
Going to go ahead and do that. If you're wrong, will you leave the forum?

And if I'm right you leave?

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2014, 01:02 PM
I've never made sucj a claim, Ray is filthy in late game situations. I mean he single handley saved lebrons legacy.

well i suppose that's the first thing you've ever said that i can agree with lol! it's good to see a delusional kobe fan like you can actually acknowledge that kobe isn't the clutchest player in the league. actually never mind, since i know the reasoning behind it is to attack lebron. it's funny how obsessed you are, so tell me...do you hate lebron more then you love kobe?

jerellh528
05-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Any heat or Lebron fan that has faith in you team! Who will bet me? I'll bet they won't 3 peat, if I win you leave psd forever, if I lose, I'll leave psd forever, who's down?

ILLUSIONIST^248

I think when it comes to the Heat most people are closed minded and throwing love or hate. 8 - 1 is impressive regardless of how bad the east is.

The Lakers, the heat, Kobe, Lebron, and well any great player or team people do the same thing. Many of these people in 10 years will be talking about how great it was to witness this team and completely deny thinking and saying anything else.

8 - 1 against professionals in the play off impressive whether you are beating the Sixers and Bucks or the Spurs and Thunder, granted different level but still impressive. lol, no it's not. They should be ashamed for losing a game.

MonroeFAN
what kind of person bets against a team who has won 2 back to back championships?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 01:05 PM
I've never made sucj a claim, Ray is filthy in late game situations. I mean he single handley saved lebrons legacy.

well i suppose that's the first thing you've ever said that i can agree with lol! it's good to see a delusional kobe fan like you can actually acknowledge that kobe isn't the clutchest player in the league. actually never mind, since i know the reasoning behind it is to attack lebron. it's funny how obsessed you are, so tell me...do you hate lebron more then you love kobe?

I hate what Lebron stans for, and how over rated he is. He was a perennial loser and didn't want to be that anymore so he had to join another mans team to keep his legacy for taking more hits.

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Let's make a bet then?

i don't do any of these dumb bets i see on here...i hardly post to begin with. i didn't challenge you saying the heat wouldn't win, they are weaker this year that is true. i think they will win but i'm not fully confident they will. i challenged your pathetic and delusional reasoning that the heat rely on the refs instead of talent to win! lol

jerellh528
05-15-2014, 01:07 PM
The offer is open to any heat/ lbj fan! If the heat 3peat I'll leave psd forever. If they don't, you leave forever! Who has enough faith in the heat to bet me? You must have over 1000 posts.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2014, 01:07 PM
To be honest, no I don't want to bet and have the loser leave the forum forever. You make good points (outside of this topic) and your blind hate for Lebron is definitely showing through. It's ok, when you're the best player in the universe that happens.

What else can we bet?

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2014, 01:09 PM
I hate what Lebron stans for, and how over rated he is. He was a perennial loser and didn't want to be that anymore so he had to join another mans team to keep his legacy for taking more hits.

so you hate lebron with all your might and your hate blinds you from reality and even surpasses and consumes your blind love for kobe...got it!

jerellh528
what kind of person bets against a team who has won 2 back to back championships?

To be honest, no I don't want to bet and have the loser leave the forum forever. You make good points (outside of this topic) and your blind hate for Lebron is definitely showing through. It's ok, when you're the best player in the universe that happens.

What else can we bet?

We can do sig if you want? A one month long sig? Was honestly hoping to snag a hardcore heat/lbj fan, but if you want I'll bet with you instead

i'myourdaddy
LOL at Lakers fan saying ref rigged for the Heat, way to backstabbed the hand that feed you in 2002. Damn ungrateful Lakers fan.

shauneazy
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM

I agree with this 100%..

d00d
05-15-2014, 01:15 PM
One of the Lakers ships is completely illegitimate and they have no room to cry foul about crooked refs

pebloemer
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I'd give the Spurs the best chance to knock them off if they make the finals.
I still really like the Clippers make up and think they could give Miami some difficulties.
I'm not sure OKC has the supporting cast around KD/Westbrook/Ibaka to win a 7 game series, but some otherworldly performances could make it happen.

I really doubt Washington/Indiana will win more than 2 games in a series.

Teeboy1487
05-15-2014, 01:29 PM
The scary thing is, the Heat have not played their best ball yet. Then again, they don't have to in such a weak road to the finals.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder how he got there??? Oh now I remember, daddy ray ray have to put bron on his shoulders.

lebron scored 17 points in the fourth plus he hit the last field goal to go up in overtime, who was riding on whos shoulder??????????????? hmmm delusional much. did i mention he locked parker down in the 4th/overtime. much better than kobes 6-25 choke job. which the refs had to bail him and the lakers out.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 01:34 PM
in all honesty i can't hate kobe - hes just not relevant enough for me.

ManRam
05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
They haven't had any adversity yet that could hurt them in the finals if they don't get that in the next round.

I mean, they've played in some close games :shrug: Last night's comeback was incredibly solid. Game 4 was incredibly close entering the 4th. Game 2 they were only up 2 entering the 4th, and just shut **** down in the 4th outscoring BK 25-15. Game 2 against Charlotte was a one possession game very late in the game.

They've shown they can take over the 4th. Yes, it's against inferior teams, but they have the ability to clamp down and they have indeed been forced to do just that at times. And again, I do think Indy will test them. Their match up advantages haven't disappeared, even if their play seemingly has.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 01:39 PM
how come dwayne wade NEVER miss a game in the playoffs?

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 02:05 PM

Because he only played like a handful of games it seems during the regular season. Also, a day off between playoff games helps. Also, he doesn't have to play that many minutes when you have the best player in the world on your team, the depth that the Miami Heat have with the plethora of the league's best 3 pt shooters. At times, he can be the 3rd wheel to LeBron and Bosh and not have to do such strenuous physical things, which enables him to be fresh for the next game.

He lives a very very good and comfortable basketball life despite the injuries and not working so much so on that jumpshot, which seemingly has been deteriorating since yr 3 of his career.

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 02:06 PM
because he only played like a handful of games it seems during the regular season. Also, a day off between playoff games helps. Also, he doesn't have to play that many minutes when you have the best player in the world on your team, the depth that the miami heat have with the plethora of the league's best 3 pt shooters. At times, he can be the 3rd wheel to lebron and bosh and not have to do such strenuous physical things, which enables him to be fresh for the next game.

He lives a very very good and comfortable basketball life despite the injuries and not working so much so on that jumpshot, which seemingly has been deteriorating since yr 3 of his career.

a+

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 03:20 PM

lebron scored 17 points in the fourth plus he hit the last field goal to go up in overtime, who was riding on whos shoulder??????????????? hmmm delusional much. did i mention he locked parker down in the 4th/overtime. much better than kobes 6-25 choke job. which the refs had to bail him and the lakers out.

He choked away the final three minutes of that game. And then misses the biggest shot of his career, by only be saved by papa ray. Why don't you talk about Kobe's 10 fourth quarter points, fifteen rebounds and lockdown defense all game?

bucketss
05-15-2014, 04:11 PM

he missed a game vs the bucks last year

mightybosstone
05-15-2014, 04:15 PM
So u believe teams dont play down to their oppenents? No one knows for sure if they do or do not. So dont be calling ppl ignorant when in fact you are ignorant as well, lil houston boy
Do you not know what the word "deliberately" means? It means "on purpose." I don't think teams play down to their opponents "on purpose." Also, please don't call me "lil houston boy." It's just inaccurate, as I'm a 27-year-old man. Also, I find it odd that someone who can't spell or use halfway decent grammar and goes by the name "bathroom man" is questioning my maturity.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 04:15 PM
He choked away the final three minutes of that game. And then misses the biggest shot of his career, by only be saved by papa ray. Why don't you talk about Kobe's 10 fourth quarter points, fifteen rebounds and lockdown defense all game?

biggest shot of his career was that dagger in game 7 , nice try though. lets talk about how kobe and the lakers were bailed out in the fourth so many times??? how does a team shoot more free throws in the 4th than their opponent does all game?

LOL funny to because it was fisher/metta who hit the biggest shot, you say 10 points in the fourth? i'll raise you 17 by lebron and the lock down of parker to the point popvich had to bench parker LOL

Jamiecballer
05-15-2014, 04:16 PM

i don't make a habit of downplaying team accomplishments but this seems about right to me.

P&GRealist
05-15-2014, 04:21 PM
biggest shot of his career was that dagger in game 7 , nice try though. lets talk about how kobe and the lakers were bailed out in the fourth so many times??? how does a team shoot more free throws in the 4th than their opponent does all game?

LOL funny to because it was fisher/metta who hit the biggest shot, you say 10 points in the fourth? i'll raise you 17 by lebron and the lock down of parker to the point popvich had to bench parker LOL

How did Leon freakin Powe shoot more free throws than the entire Laker team in game 2 of the 2008 nba finals?

And didn't Parket get benched because of a hamstring injury?

bathroom_man
05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Do you not know what the word "deliberately" means? It means "on purpose." I don't think teams play down to their opponents "on purpose." Also, please don't call me "lil houston boy." It's just inaccurate, as I'm a 27-year-old man. Also, I find it odd that someone who can't spell or use halfway decent grammar and goes by the name "bathroom man" is questioning my maturity.

And yet u call ppl ignorant when they believe this and that. U some mature 27 old man. So what, this isnt grammar class. Good comeback though

Bostonjorge
05-15-2014, 04:34 PM

Get em. Lebron shut down Parker with his greatness alone. Parkers injury to his hamstring and bruised cafe was obviously fake. Leaving game 3 was all part of the show.

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Get em. Lebron shut down Parker with his greatness alone. Parkers injury to his hamstring and bruised cafe was obviously fake. Leaving game 3 was all part of the show.

everyone is banged up , wade was playing on no knee big woop, as soon as lebron went on him his struggles increased and they were forced to benchhim. remember he was busting some shots in the 4th including that step back three on lebron, but once lebron got focused parker started to struggle.

How did Leon freakin Powe shoot more free throws than the entire Laker team in game 2 of the 2008 nba finals?

And didn't Parket get benched because of a hamstring injury?

yeah you're right, the refs clearly sided with the celtics that year.

D-Leethal
05-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Certainly ain't gonna be the ****ing Bobcats, Nets or Pacers so hopefully its the Spurs or Thunder.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2014, 05:13 PM

LOL funny to because it was fisher/metta who hit the biggest shot, you say 10 points in the fourth? i'll raise you 17 by lebron and the lock down of parker to the point popvich had to bench parker LOL that shot wasn't for the win or tie. So if they riffed it for us, do you really think lebrons been winning by himself? L

bucketss
05-15-2014, 05:27 PM
that shot wasn't for the win or tie. So if they riffed it for us, do you really think lebrons been winning by himself? L

were any of kobes 10 fourth quarter points a game winner? nope. as a matter of fact kobe has missed his last 5 game winning playoff shot.

P&GRealist
05-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Parker is going to deal with hammy issues the rest of the playoffs. With his history and I assume it's the same one that hindered him in game 7 of last yr's finals, TP won't be the TP we all know and love.

Ibaka out.

The Heat's quest to 3peat is basically right there for the taking now imo. The basketball gods are with them 100%.

Chi StateOfMind
05-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Heat 3 peat headed r way. Easiest path to a finals I've seen yet. If Indiana plays anything like they can it will be a good series but Miami is just better then everyone else right now

kingkenny01
05-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Heat are probably going to win but who cares. What is important is the lottery, real winners win that. Come on Lebron, how many times has your team won the lottery. Zero. My point exactly.

TheMightyHumph
05-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Heat 3 peat headed r way. Easiest path to a finals I've seen yet. If Indiana plays anything like they can it will be a good series but Miami is just better then everyone else right now

If refs keep giving Lebron puzzy calls, Heat should win the Title.

Damn, I miss '70s and '80s NBA basketball

xxcubs22xx
05-17-2014, 01:30 AM
The only people that can stop the Heat are the Refs. The calls that they get are absolutely sickening.

P&GRealist
05-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Everytime the Heat win in such dominant defensive fashion, I feel compelled in bringing up this thread of mine.

NOBODY IS GOING TO STOP THEM!

3peat

Heat in 6 (In Miami) against the Spurs

P&GRealist
05-24-2014, 11:37 PM
btw, the Heat are a ridiculous 10-2 in the postseason.

mngopher35
05-24-2014, 11:45 PM
I think a Spurs-Heat final might not go their way this time, we will see though. I don't think going 4-0 against Charlotte makes them huge favorites or anything. Spurs are 10-3...

_Gmen_
05-24-2014, 11:51 PM
The Spurs have the best shot at beating them.

Just like last year.

P&GRealist
05-24-2014, 11:53 PM
The Spurs have the best shot at beating them.

Just like last year.

There is a huge difference between the "shot" and "beating them".

The Spurs may have a "shot", but they're not "beating them" that's for sure.

Heat in 6 (In Miami) in June

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2014, 12:02 AM
San Antonio woulda swept through this crappy conference

Sactown
05-25-2014, 12:12 AM
San Antonio woulda swept through this crappy conference

Not sure if Dallas is any better than Indy or Brooklyn... And they took SAS to 7

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Not sure if Dallas is any better than Indy or Brooklyn... And they took SAS to 7

I think dallas would beat both in a series.

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 12:23 AM

Spurs can absolutely beat Miami. They look like the absolute best team in the league right now. Going to be a fantastic series.

_Gmen_
05-25-2014, 12:42 AM

Wow how can I refute this post full of insight, logic and reasoning?

Sactown
05-25-2014, 01:34 AM
I think dallas would beat both in a series.
Brooklyn absolutely, Indy I doubt it..

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Brooklyn absolutely, Indy I doubt it..

Indy really isn't good...they just matchup well with Miami.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2014, 02:24 AM

Dallas had a better record and SRS than Brooklyn so I have no idea what you're talking about. Indy obviously finished with a better record and a slightly better SRS but consider how they played at the end of the year and how they went to 7 games vs. a crappy Atlanta team and it makes you think Dallas probably could beat Indy too.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2014, 02:35 AM

The Spurs are better than last year and the Heat are probably worse than last year and that series went 7 games with the Heat almost losing that series. Also, yes the Heat look dominant against a bunch of terrible high school teams in the Eastern Conference while the Spurs look dominant against actual NBA teams in the Western Conference. So clearly thats the same :rolleyes:

And FYI, the Spurs have the largest MOV per 100 possessions in the playoffs right now and that's despite playing in a conference thats MUCH more difficult than the Heat's conference (which is really atrocious). Reasonable to say their SRS for the playoffs is significantly better than Miami's.

I normally find the Lebron bashing pretty ridiculous but your over the top homerism for the Heat might be just as ridiculous if not worse. Miami may win the Finals (going to be a great series, could be 50-50) but to imply the Spurs aren't "beating them" with your amount of confidence suggests you don't watch basketball outside of Miami's games and have your head up Miami's ***.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 02:38 AM
The Spurs are better than last year and the Heat are probably worse than last year and that series went 7 games with the Heat almost losing that series. Also, yes the Heat look dominant against a bunch of terrible high school teams in the Eastern Conference while the Spurs look dominant against actual NBA teams in the Western Conference. So clearly thats the same :rolleyes:

And FYI, the Spurs have the largest MOV per 100 possessions in the playoffs right now and that's despite playing in a conference thats MUCH more difficult than the Heat's conference (which is really atrocious). Reasonable to say their SRS for the playoffs is significantly better than Miami's.

I normally find the Lebron bashing pretty ridiculous but your over the top homerism for the Heat might be just as ridiculous if not worse. Miami may win the Finals (going to be a great series, could be 50-50) but to imply the Spurs aren't "beating them" with your amount of confidence suggests you don't watch basketball outside of Miami's games and have your head up Miami's ***.

The Spurs Big 3 of Parker/Ginobili/Duncan are worse than last yr.

Bosh is worse than last yr. But BOTH LeBron AND Wade (healthier) are better than last yr (and that's scary).

Good luck.

mngopher35
05-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Dallas had a better record and SRS than Brooklyn so I have no idea what you're talking about. Indy obviously finished with a better record and a slightly better SRS but consider how they played at the end of the year and how they went to 7 games vs. a crappy Atlanta team and it makes you think Dallas probably could beat Indy too.

Well if we are looking at how they played late I believe Brooklyn was one of the better teams in the 2014 calendar. It isn't that ridiculous to include them in the conversation.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2014, 02:58 AM

Bosh is worse than last yr. But BOTH LeBron AND Wade (healthier) are better than last yr (and that's scary).

Good luck.

Parker and Duncan were worse, though not significantly (for Duncan at least). But Ginobili was actually better this year (better WS/48, TS% and PER) and more importantly, he's been much better this postseason. Also Kawhi has gotten a lot better too. And his improvements more than make up for the declines of Duncan/Parker. As for the Spurs as a whole, they had a higher SRS this year and won more games than last year so clearly improved on last year.

Wade and Lebron are better than last year. But my issue with the Heat isn't really your big 3, it's the role players, who are ALL worse. Ray had a career low in PER this year (and also didn't shoot 40% from 3 for like the first time in a long time), and I noticed Miami didn't have anyone who played big minutes this year shoot over 40% from 3 which is critical for the way they play. Battier was also terrible this year. I wonder about Miami's role players going forward and I think thats why the Spurs could beat them this year.

And speaking of role players, I like how you completely ignored all of them. It's like they don't matter to you. Ask any great star and they'll tell you the role players are important (and if you understand basketball, you understand this). If Miami's role players aren't knocking down 3s, they're in trouble (and as I pointed out to you, a lot of the role players were worse from 3 this year).

Also, I don't really care who wins between Miami and the Spurs. Well I'd like Timmy to get his 5th so Laker fans will stop using the idiotic argument of 5 > 4 for Kobe vs. Duncan so I am rooting for the Spurs. But more than anything I want to see a repeat of that epic 7 game series this year since I'm a huge basketball fan. And if Lebron and the Heat win, I won't be unhappy because I think the hatred for him on this site is pretty ridiculous (though as I've found, some of the Heat homers seem to be equally ridiculous).

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Well if we are looking at how they played late I believe Brooklyn was one of the better teams in the 2014 calendar. It isn't that ridiculous to include them in the conversation.

They were better in the 2nd half but I think if you look at the SRS of both teams in the 2nd half alone, Dallas probably still has the advantage because the East is so terrible and the Nets weren't exactly blowing away any of those East team (their point differential was 1.1 in the 2nd half). Actually, looking up Dallas point differential (2.9), can pretty safely say they did have a higher SRS in the 2nd half since their schedule was undoubtedly harder than the Nets crappy East schedule. And given the differences in schedule and the MOV difference, it seems to me that there isn't really any reason to include them in the conversation.

And a 1.1 MOV difference might get entirely wiped out with strength of schedule adjustments. All the Nets did better in the 2nd half was just win close games against crappy teams better.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 03:04 AM
Also, I don't really care who wins between Miami and the Spurs. Well I'd like Timmy to get his 5th so Laker fans will stop using the idiotic argument of 5 > 4 for Kobe vs. Duncan so I am rooting for the Spurs. But more than anything I want to see a repeat of that epic 7 game series this year since I'm a huge basketball fan. And if Lebron and the Heat win, I won't be unhappy because I think the hatred for him on this site is pretty ridiculous (though as I've found, some of the Heat homers seem to be equally ridiculous).

I'm a Laker fan, and I don't think that way tbh. I love Tim Duncan. If people ranked Duncan ahead of Kobe, I honestly would not have any problem with it at all. I wouldn't even care. Those 2 guys along with Shaq carried the NBA post-Jordan era when everyone thought the NBA would die when Michael retired. I grew up in that era and it's probably the greatest era in all of basketball.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-25-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and I don't think that way tbh. I love Tim Duncan. If people ranked Duncan ahead of Kobe, I honestly would not have any problem with it at all. I wouldn't even care. Those 2 guys along with Shaq carried the NBA post-Jordan era when everyone thought the NBA would die when Michael retired. I grew up in that era and it's probably the greatest era in all of basketball.

Ah, that's cool. You're one of the few who don't think that way. Obviously misjudged you a bit, so I apologize (although given the amount of kids on this site, can you blame me? lol).

I disagree with that last statement though lol. I did grow up in the 90s (and early 00's actually) but I still think the league was better in the 90's. My biggest issue with the early 00's was there was such crappy talent outside of the big guys (like Duncan, Shaq, T-Mac and Kobe). Back in the late 80s-90s, especially early 90's, you had so much HOF talent and so many top 50 players too. MJ obviously, Bird, Magic, Barkley, Malone's x2, GP, Isiah, Stockton, Ewing, Hakeem, Admiral, Clyde, etc. I mean that 92 dream team was freakin stacked. The post game was so much better back then too (there were a ton of Centers who actually had a post game) and yet you still had a ton of great PGs like Stockton, GP, Isiah, and even guys like Kevin Johnson who averaged 20 and 10. Had a ton of great wing players too in MJ, Pippen, Clyde, etc. Just so much damn talent back then. In the early 00's, I think you had some big gaps in talent (which is why everyone wondered if they could recover post MJ). Obviously as a Laker fan, those would've been good times. But god was the East so terrible back then. Late 80s, early 90's you didn't really have that conference inbalance you had then and even now (though talent now has gotten better I think).

mngopher35
05-25-2014, 03:16 AM
They were better in the 2nd half but I think if you look at the SRS of both teams in the 2nd half alone, Dallas probably still has the advantage because the East is so terrible and the Nets weren't exactly blowing away any of those East team (their point differential was 1.1 in the 2nd half). Actually, looking up Dallas point differential (2.9), can pretty safely say they did have a higher SRS in the 2nd half since their schedule was undoubtedly harder than the Nets crappy East schedule. And given the differences in schedule and the MOV difference, it seems to me that there isn't really any reason to include them in the conversation.

And a 1.1 MOV difference might get entirely wiped out with strength of schedule adjustments. All the Nets did better in the 2nd half was just win close games against crappy teams better.

Fair enough, I do not have access to all of that data (or at least know where to find it). I was simply going by what I had watched and briefly looked at their records haha. I did consider strength of schedule but they had a really good win percentage so I went for it. I don't have a hard stance on the subject I had just thought with the way they finished they could be in that grouping. Solid points on why they were still a step below.

mngopher35
05-25-2014, 03:19 AM
Ah, that's cool. You're one of the few who don't think that way. Obviously misjudged you a bit, so I apologize (although given the amount of kids on this site, can you blame me? lol).

I disagree with that last statement though lol. I did grow up in the 90s (and early 00's actually) but I still think the league was better in the 90's. My biggest issue with the early 00's was there was such crappy talent outside of the big guys (like Garnett Duncan, Shaq, T-Mac and Kobe). Back in the late 80s-90s, especially early 90's, you had so much HOF talent and so many top 50 players too. MJ obviously, Bird, Magic, Barkley, Malone's x2, GP, Isiah, Stockton, Ewing, Hakeem, Admiral, Clyde, etc. I mean that 92 dream team was freakin stacked. The post game was so much better back then too (there were a ton of Centers who actually had a post game) and yet you still had a ton of great PGs like Stockton, GP, Isiah, and even guys like Kevin Johnson who averaged 20 and 10. Had a ton of great wing players too in MJ, Pippen, Clyde, etc. Just so much damn talent back then. In the early 00's, I think you had some big gaps in talent (which is why everyone wondered if they could recover post MJ). Obviously as a Laker fan, those would've been good times. But god was the East so terrible back then. Late 80s, early 90's you didn't really have that conference inbalance you had then and even now (though talent now has gotten better I think).

Fixed it for you :D

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 03:28 AM

I disagree with that last statement though lol. I did grow up in the 90s (and early 00's actually) but I still think the league was better in the 90's. My biggest issue with the early 00's was there was such crappy talent outside of the big guys (like Duncan, Shaq, T-Mac and Kobe). Back in the late 80s-90s, especially early 90's, you had so much HOF talent and so many top 50 players too. MJ obviously, Bird, Magic, Barkley, Malone's x2, GP, Isiah, Stockton, Ewing, Hakeem, Admiral, Clyde, etc. I mean that 92 dream team was freakin stacked. The post game was so much better back then too (there were a ton of Centers who actually had a post game) and yet you still had a ton of great PGs like Stockton, GP, Isiah, and even guys like Kevin Johnson who averaged 20 and 10. Had a ton of great wing players too in MJ, Pippen, Clyde, etc. Just so much damn talent back then. In the early 00's, I think you had some big gaps in talent (which is why everyone wondered if they could recover post MJ). Obviously as a Laker fan, those would've been good times. But god was the East so terrible back then. Late 80s, early 90's you didn't really have that conference inbalance you had then and even now (though talent now has gotten better I think).

I would have said the 90s only if it wasn't dominated by the dominance by the GOAT sandwiching back to back yrs of the Dream in the middle. 1-2 guys of the 90s dominating compared to a good 3-5 guys in the 2000s. But I do miss the physicality of the 90s that's for sure.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 03:30 AM
And if you thought the East was bad during the 2000s, look at the crap that we have to deal with now.

blah! Currently, we are dealing with the weakest Eastern conference in NBA history. That is a cold hard fact that some may not agree with.

HiphopRelated
05-25-2014, 11:34 AM
And if you thought the East was bad during the 2000s, look at the crap that we have to deal with now.

blah! Currently, we are dealing with the weakest Eastern conference in NBA history. That is a cold hard fact that some may not agree with.

Not even close to true.

AI's Sixers and those Nets teams that made the Finals barely scrapes out of the 1st round today. So does Lebron's Finals team.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Not even close to true.

AI's Sixers and those Nets teams that made the Finals barely scrapes out of the 1st round today. So does Lebron's Finals team.

Aw, that's cute, but no.

koreancabbage
05-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Good luck.

actually Ginobili being actually helpful could prove the push SA needs to beat Miami. Ginobili looked like he was going to retire in the middle of the series last year lol

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 05:17 PM
actually Ginobili being actually helpful could prove the push SA needs to beat Miami. Ginobili looked like he was going to retire in the middle of the series last year lol

That's true. But if Gino is healthier than last yr, Wade is that much healthier than last yr and more. D-Wade is playing phenomenal, close to unstoppable and maybe even close to 2006 Wade imo.

chitown85
05-25-2014, 05:31 PM
It's like this...I think the Heat repeat...but if the Spurs stopped it from happening would I be surprised? No. Spurs always conquer the odds and play fundamental basketball better than anyone imo...money is on the Heat tho.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 05:40 PM
It's like this...I think the Heat repeat...but if the Spurs stopped it from happening would I be surprised? No. Spurs always conquer the odds and play fundamental basketball better than anyone imo...money is on the Heat tho.

:confused:

That's not what last yr's finals loss or yr's prior WCF or yr's prior 1st round says.

amos1er
05-25-2014, 05:52 PM
That's true. But if Gino is healthier than last yr, Wade is that much healthier than last yr and more. D-Wade is playing phenomenal, close to unstoppable and maybe even close to 2006 Wade imo.

Without the 96 free throws in 6 games of course. :D

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Without the 96 free throws in 6 games of course. :D

lol well yeah.

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 06:11 PM
The Spurs would be a nightmare of a matchup.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Not with a healthy D Wade. If Lebron doesn't pad his stats in garbage time Wade could very well get his second Finals MVP.

todu82
05-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Going to be very interesting to see what happens, the Heat certainly have been playing some great basketball this spring. They look good enough to be champs again.

Dade County
05-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Not with a healthy D Wade. If Lebron doesn't pad his stats in garbage time Wade could very well get his second Finals MVP.

Wade would have already had two, if Lbj didn't avg 1.7 pts in 4 straight Final's games...

I guess no one finds it strange that Wade played very good in that final's against Dalls, he would have came out with the Final's Mvp, but Wade is the one that had to take a step back so Lbj could lead to team... It doesn't even make sense.

All Lbj had to do was actually try to score like 8 to 10pts in the forth in those games, and the HEAT would be on a 4peat right now; and Wade legacy would have been set (but on the other hand, it would have killed Lbj legacy). Think about that for a sec.

Bad script writing... Rigged league... All for Lbj nut sagging glory.

DoMeFavors
05-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I think Heat would beat Thunder, Lebron has that confidence against Thunder and so do Heat.
Spurs could be a series. They have to cover Danny Green

goingfor28
05-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Wade would have already had two, if Lbj didn't avg 1.7 pts in 4 straight Final's games...

I guess no one finds it strange that Wade played very good in that final's against Dalls, he would have came out with the Final's Mvp, but Wade is the one that had to take a step back so Lbj could lead to team... It doesn't even make sense.

All Lbj had to do was actually try to score like 8 to 10pts in the forth in those games, and the HEAT would be on a 4peat right now; and Wade legacy would have been set (but on the other hand, it would have killed Lbj legacy). Think about that for a sec.

Crazy. The MAVERICKS were just too good. And it was the big 3 first year together. Learning curve. But then they beat the THUNDER and SPURS and will likely face the SPURS again this year in their quest to 3 peat

P&GRealist
05-26-2014, 02:07 PM
I think Heat would beat Thunder, Lebron has that confidence against Thunder and so do Heat.
Spurs could be a series. They have to cover Danny Green
After that finals game last yr when Green hit 7 3s, he was a no show games 6 and 7 in Miami.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2014, 02:41 PM

I give you props, you're the only Heat fan I've seen that acknowledge that. But then again you're a Heat fan, not a Lebron fan.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its all rigged but Wade leading them to a title for Lebrons first chip would've definitely went against the grain legacy wise. His epic choke set the stage for redemption.

It is what it is.....

P&GRealist
05-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Something still doesn't scream to me about LeBron the Miami heat.

He's more of a brand guy then a franchise guy. Wade is STILL the franchise player for the Miami Heat, even though Bron is the best in the game.

Don't know if this makes sense.

Dade County
05-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Crazy. The MAVERICKS were just too good. And it was the big 3 first year together. Learning curve. But then they beat the THUNDER and SPURS and will likely face the SPURS again this year in their quest to 3 peat

Whats crazy...

That people think that the Dallas D, could handcuff Lbj into avg less then 2pts in the 4th qtr, in 4 straight Final's games?

Or, if the HEAT won that Final's, that Wade would have won the Final's Mvp?

I give you props, you're the only Heat fan I've seen that acknowledge that. But then again you're a Heat fan, not a Lebron fan.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its all rigged but Wade leading them to a title for Lebrons first chip would've definitely went against the grain legacy wise. His epic choke set the stage for redemption.

It is what it is.....

Yeah, it would have made it that Lbj could not have even tried to stake any claim, as attempting to be regarded as a top 4 player of all time; it would have been essentially Wade's team.

goingfor28
05-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Whats crazy....

The fact that you guys uppercase Heat all the time but nobody else, like they're far and above any other team.

therealwd27
05-26-2014, 04:12 PM
The fact that you guys uppercase Heat all the time but nobody else, like they're far and above any other team.

Damn the hate goes as far as punctuation this site/thread/90% of PSD users are so sad it's a shame this many low IQ people exist in our society

beasted86
05-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Haters giving me salty looks, Lawry's.

goingfor28
05-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Haters giving me salty looks, Lawry's.

No. It just looks silly when Heat is the only team written that way. Yall some funny son's a *****es

beasted86
05-26-2014, 04:55 PM
No. It just looks silly when Heat is the only team written that way. Yall some funny son's a *****es

50 said "Go ahead switch your style up, and if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up"

Dade County
05-26-2014, 05:02 PM

:laugh2: ... Good one.

NYJ - NYY
05-26-2014, 05:57 PM
50 said "Go ahead switch your style up, and if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up"

One of the best lines he's ever said

beyourself
05-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Don't see what the big deal is? In the East they basically have a free path to the Finals because they are just better than everybody else.

That's a credit to them too.

NYSpirit1
05-26-2014, 11:06 PM
People made fun of LeBron for not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8....

But besides the Dallas blunder, the Heat likely will have made the Finals every year of LeBron's tenure and possibly 3 straight titles.

If it wasn't for Dallas, his 'not 1, not 2, not 3...' crap probably could've came true.

The fact that the Heat have been this dominant since those 3 coming together is disgusting. It's a sentiment to Riley's savviness that he was in the right place at the right time to pull together the greatest free agent coup in NBA history.

I'm a bit salty on the subject because the NBA changed the rules the year after and prevented my team from doing the same. If it wasn't for the rule change, I firmly believe CP3 would be in Knick blue.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2014, 11:32 PM
I completely get that the Heat are just playing the competition that's in front of them. Not their fault the east is pathetic. Cool. But that still doesn't change the fact that this is by FAR the most easy walk to the Finals I've ever seen in my life. By FAR.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2014, 11:35 PM
People made fun of LeBron for not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8....

But besides the Dallas blunder, the Heat likely will have made the Finals every year of LeBron's tenure and possibly 3 straight titles.

If it wasn't for Dallas, his 'not 1, not 2, not 3...' crap probably could've came true.

The fact that the Heat have been this dominant since those 3 coming together is disgusting. It's a sentiment to Riley's savviness that he was in the right place at the right time to pull together the greatest free agent coup in NBA history.

I'm a bit salty on the subject because the NBA changed the rules the year after and prevented my team from doing the same. If it wasn't for the rule change, I firmly believe CP3 would be in Knick blue.

CP3 was a Laker after the rule and the NBA still but a stop to it my friend.

Politics as usual.....

NYSpirit1
05-27-2014, 12:00 AM
CP3 was a Laker after the rule and the NBA still but a stop to it my friend.

Politics as usual.....

I'm not sure the Lakers would have made any impact on the league even with CP3.

The CBA expiration really did come at the most inconvenient time for the Knicks. Namely, Melo wouldn't have had to force a trade because he would've known what kind of salary he was getting that coming summer. The Knicks wouldn't have picked up Billups option / still could've amnestied Amare.

We really could be looking at a much different Knicks roster.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure the Lakers would have made any impact on the league even with CP3.

The CBA expiration really did come at the most inconvenient time for the Knicks. Namely, Melo wouldn't have had to force a trade because he would've known what kind of salary he was getting that coming summer. The Knicks wouldn't have picked up Billups option / still could've amnestied Amare.

We really could be looking at a much different Knicks roster.

The Hornets would not have traded Paul to the Knicks because you guys had no picks or young talent to offer. He also would not have signed for the measly $14M you guys had in cap space while sitting back and watching Amare with his "rack on racks on racks" $20M contract with Carmelo right behind him at $19M.

P&GRealist
05-27-2014, 01:35 AM
11-2 people.

I repeat, 11-2. Most likely 12-2 by Wednesday night.

kobe4thewinbang
05-27-2014, 06:00 AM

I'm a bit salty on the subject because the NBA changed the rules the year after and prevented my team from doing the same. If it wasn't for the rule change, I firmly believe CP3 would be in Knick blue.Huh? CP3 would be a Laker.

kobe4thewinbang
05-27-2014, 06:17 AM
I still think the Spurs will oust the Heat this year. The Heat don't have that intensity all the time. They might be able to "turn it on" against the Pacers, but they'll come up short against SA who is no joke. I think we could very well see another breakdown by the Heat in the 'heat' of the moment of the NBA Finals. It would be a nice contrast to the Spurs blowing that lead in Game 6 last year, and it would keep people interested in the 'drama' side of the Heat's Big 3.

Edit: And the Spurs would have Game 7 at home this time around, if it comes down to the wire. They only won 54 games this year, compared to 66, whereas the Spurs won 62 games, compared to 58 games. The rest may pay off for Miami, but I think home court advantage* will actually matter in this likely series and I think the Heat will have a harder time winning 3 at home, and they might even lose 2 of 3 at home, whereas the Spurs only lost 1 of 3 at home and the Spurs should've won 2 games in Miami** in last year's NBA Finals. I doubt the Finals will only be 4-5 games.

*I may be wrong in thinking the revised 2-2-1-1-1 format takes effect next season, and not immediately?
**Spurs won Game 1 and of course collapsed in Game 6.

beyourself
05-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Right now I'm calling the Heat the overwhelming favorites to win the NBA title. If LeBron can go 2-10 which I can guarantee he won't come close to doing that again in the playoffs and lose to the Pacers by 3 points on the road then well the league is screwed.

There is just too much defense, too much offensive firepower. And maybe we all underestimated Spo.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 09:53 PM
12-3

NBA_Starter
05-30-2014, 10:59 PM
It won't be the Pacers for sure!

brandt
05-31-2014, 12:48 AM
I don't think so.

Spurs will stop them. They had it won last year, and choked. Spurs are a better team this year.

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:51 AM
Spurs will stop them. They had it won last year, and choked. Spurs are a better team this year.

Well LeBron is better than last yr while Wade is healthier than last yr.

Nikeman
05-31-2014, 03:09 AM
To everyone saying the Spurs are gonna beat Miami? What have the Spurs done this post-season that is SO impressive?

Dallas took them to 7 games, an eighth seed. They completely dominated Portland yes, and dominated the first two games against OKC (WITHOUT IBAKA), before getting their ***es handed to them when they went into OKC. They played a great game 5, but please, this Spurs team is just as vulnerable as any other team.

SPURSFAN1
05-31-2014, 04:30 AM
To everyone saying the Spurs are gonna beat Miami? What have the Spurs done this post-season that is SO impressive?

Dallas took them to 7 games, an eighth seed. They completely dominated Portland yes, and dominated the first two games against OKC (WITHOUT IBAKA), before getting their ***es handed to them when they went into OKC. They played a great game 5, but please, this Spurs team is just as vulnerable as any other team.

All playoff teams in the west including the Suns are better teams than all the teams in the east not named the heat. It's just the truth. No need to deny it. I'm not saying that any of those teams could beat the heat, but that's for another topic. Dallas, Blazers, and Thunder are way better teams than the heat has played this post season. No need to put those teams down.

Asik's better
05-31-2014, 04:39 AM

What has heat done that's so impressive? Beat the bobcats with Al Jefferson carrying an injury, the old and average nets and the overrated pacers. Spurs have faced the harder teams and beat them all. Spurs have been more impressive than the heat this off-season.

jerellh528
05-31-2014, 04:42 AM

Lol you're funny. Spurs got the best record in the nba all while resting their top players a large amount throughout the season. Plus each and every team the spurs have faced are head and shoulders above anyone Miami has faced in the east. Indiana was supposed to pose a threat, but they imploded and had one of the worst records to close out the season. and everyone else Miami faced would essentially be a bottom feeder in the west. The real question is, what has Miami done to prove a fluke won't happen again and they won't lose this year to the spurs.

amos1er
05-31-2014, 05:49 AM
Lol you're funny. Spurs got the best record in the nba all while resting their top players a large amount throughout the season. Plus each and every team the spurs have faced are head and shoulders above anyone Miami has faced in the east. Indiana was supposed to pose a threat, but they imploded and had one of the worst records to close out the season. and everyone else Miami faced would essentially be a bottom feeder in the west. The real question is, what has Miami done to prove a fluke won't happen again and they won't lose this year to the spurs.

They have activated Lewis. He has been money now that he is getting play time. Though the Spurs have Bonner (their secret weapon lol). Seriously though, Diaw is better than he was and so is Manu as well as the Spurs young guns. Pop is on a mission this year and although they aren't quite what they were last year with the loss of T-Mac and all they are better in a lot of ways and they definitely have a chip on their shoulder. Lets just hope that they can add a chip to their mantle piece.

raiderfaninTX
05-31-2014, 09:40 AM
People are preparing their arguments now to dismiss the heat if they win the championship, it's great.

SiteWolf
05-31-2014, 09:48 AM
lol, the Heat beat teams that may not have even made the playoffs if they were in the West....so let's repurpose an old Denny Green quote here 'if you wanna crown their ***, crown 'em'

...and the Spurs aren't yet the Heat's competition...say what you want, but as of this moment all that's happened is those 2 teams have won at home...if that continues, it's Spurs in 7..but it hasn't happened yet

justinnum1
05-31-2014, 09:53 AM

YEA BABY!!!!

:dance:

LMFAO

justinnum1
05-31-2014, 09:53 AM
It won't be the Pacers for sure!

Nets put up a bigger fight than the pacers.

YashBoone
05-31-2014, 10:21 AM
The Spurs have the best shot.. It was bound to be a rematch of last season.
But I just want to say, the Pacers should be ashamed. From top to bottom.
They made made moves they didn't need to make, they limped in to the playoffs, and they played for the most part like they gave up months ago......**** them... I wanted a competitive ecf.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Easiest path to the Finals ever.