PDA

View Full Version : NBA: "no replay showed conclusive evidence that the ball was off on the Thunder"

grandsalami
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 3m
In an official statement, the NBA said no replay showed conclusive evidence that the ball was off on the Thunder. Call was correct

Really??? REALLY? when every ****ing person with a TV watching the game at home saw a replay that showed the ball went off of OKC? you really say that there was no replay that showed it went off of OKC?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnotGglIMAEahX_.png

goingfor28
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Lulz nba just trolling now

grandsalami
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM

I mean really... How can they say that with a straight face?

slashsnake
05-14-2014, 09:28 PM
How can they be such idiots..

Just say...

Rule 8 Section II - c of the NBA rulebook states:

If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.

Show the video of his hand getting hit and him losing the ball and say the refs got the right call.

bleedprple&gold
05-14-2014, 09:34 PM
How can they be such idiots..

Just say...

Rule 8 Section II - c of the NBA rulebook states:

If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.

Show the video of his hand getting hit and him losing the ball and say the refs got the right call.

I don't even think that rules applies here. Barnes hit Jacksons left hand but the ball went off Jacksons right hand effectively nullifying the rule because the ball didnt go off the hand the defender hit.

P&GRealist
05-14-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't even think that rules applies here. Barnes hit Jacksons left hand but the ball went off Jacksons right hand effectively nullifying the rule because the ball didnt go off the hand the defender hit.

I don't even think the ball hit Jackson's right hand. From that vantage point, I agree with the "inconclusive" label.

NBA_Starter
05-14-2014, 09:51 PM

Exactly, so they didn't have TNT's replay??:confused:

JC_
05-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't even think the ball hit Jackson's right hand. From that vantage point, I agree with the "inconclusive" label.

Pretty sure it's scientifically impossible for it not to have gone off of Jackson's right hand.

JC_
05-14-2014, 09:58 PM

Didn't Doc say that the whole stadium was watching the replay that showed it off of OKC?

grandsalami
05-14-2014, 10:10 PM

This is one of the reasons I am starting to lose interest in the NBA

Pakman
05-14-2014, 10:22 PM
This is one of the reasons I am starting to lose interest in the NBA

Oh please. You'll still watch.

LakerPride
05-14-2014, 10:26 PM
cry me a river but in all fairness whether it is in the NBA rules or not, the OKC deserves to have the ball.

slashsnake
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM

It doesn't say the hit hand has to be the one to touch the ball though. That rule would need to be in there to nullify it and it isn't.

The rule doesn't say a specific hand has to be hit if the player is holding the ball in both hands like he was. It just says if you hit his hand and he loses it out of bounds, doesn't matter that he touched it last.

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Gawd damn this forum is filled with a bunch or cry babies!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

If the right call was made when CP3 fouled Stephan Curry the Clips wouldn't even be in this series. So be grateful that you even made it this far gawd damn cry babies.

IversonIsKrazy
05-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Thas trash honestly. Clearly off of JAckson. Officiating was just one of the worst I've witnessed in a looonnngggg time

Avenged
05-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Gawd damn this forum is filled with a bunch or cry babies!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

If the right call was made when CP3 fouled Stephan Curry the Clips wouldn't even be in this series. So be grateful that you even made it this far gawd damn cry babies.

It's one thing to say it so proud and arrogant when it's against the team you're not rooting for. But if this was against the Lakers, we know the backlash would be worse

ricky recon
05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
It wasn't conclusive either in my opinion. It probably went off Jackson's hand, but from the replays I've seen I just don't see a frame where I can say without a shadow of a doubt it went off his hand. This crying is ridiculous. How about they don't turn the ball over, and quit trying to blame refs.

USMCLaker
05-15-2014, 03:08 AM
It's one thing to say it so proud and arrogant when it's against the team you're not rooting for. But if this was against the Lakers, we know the backlash would be worse

Whatever, whine about it all you want but I don't remember Warrior fans making thread after thread when they got robbed.

zn23
05-15-2014, 03:50 AM
So I guess they're going to gift wrap OKC the series.

First it's the Ibaka evading a suspension, despite throwing a right hook into Griffin's nuts.

Then this horrible call where the ball clearly goes off Reggie Jackson's right hand.

How about not making it so obvious?

zn23
05-15-2014, 04:03 AM

And what about the no call in game 1, when Draymond Green fouled CP3 with 20 seconds left, and the ball went out of bounds and the refs called CP3 for the turnover?

That GS-Clippers played out the way it was supposed to.

That was a bad call that cost the Clippers in game 1, and a bad no call that cost the Warriors in the other game.

hoosiercubsfan
05-15-2014, 09:00 AM
It doesn't say the hit hand has to be the one to touch the ball though. That rule would need to be in there to nullify it and it isn't.

The rule doesn't say a specific hand has to be hit if the player is holding the ball in both hands like he was. It just says if you hit his hand and he loses it out of bounds, doesn't matter that he touched it last.

This is kind of what the guys on the set said after the game. That they believed when his hands where hit that he was holding the ball with both. Therefore not having as much of an issue with the call after reading that rule. The NBA is stupid for not just going with this and being done with it. Would have made their statement make a bit more sense.

hoosiercubsfan
05-15-2014, 09:04 AM
It wasn't conclusive either in my opinion. It probably went off Jackson's hand, but from the replays I've seen I just don't see a frame where I can say without a shadow of a doubt it went off his hand. This crying is ridiculous. How about they don't turn the ball over, and quit trying to blame refs.

That is why I loved seeing Paul stand up and own it. You simply can't allow it to get to a point where the refs had the ability to impact the game. No foul on the 3pt attempt or simply not turning the ball over and they still probably win the game. Those two bone headed plays had much more to do with the losing than a judgement call by the refs.

slashsnake
05-15-2014, 11:10 AM
This is kind of what the guys on the set said after the game. That they believed when his hands where hit that he was holding the ball with both. Therefore not having as much of an issue with the call after reading that rule. The NBA is stupid for not just going with this and being done with it. Would have made their statement make a bit more sense.

And looking at the rule, it really don't matter which hand it finally went off either, the ball just has to be lost and go out of bounds. Hit his hand and knock the ball off his leg and out of bounds, his ball according to the rule.