PDA

View Full Version : Does Crawford get in the way of the ref? Final play/turnover

Chronz
05-14-2014, 03:22 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/CrispJoyfulCoral.gif
So there is some slight contact, not enough for a foul IMO but it could have been enough to force the turnover, the only ref that would even be in position to notice a potential foul is on the side-line but Crawford seems to cross by him. Am I being too paranoid or can winning/losing come down to a baseline angle here?

FlashBolt
05-14-2014, 03:29 AM
With the way the game was being called, I don't think it would have mattered. If you're going to argue this call, CP3 did not foul Westbrook. I'm a OKC fan but I do think we had some questionable calls in our favor.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 03:42 AM
Yep, definitely could not notice that in real time but it seems he fully got in his path of view. They were in the bonus, right? Ibaka had him pegged there, Reggie would have been killing himself if he gets called.

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2014, 04:01 AM
yea, and I dont even know why Crawford would be moving that way...Jackson was gonna help no matter what. That's why I HATE driving on the final play of the game. It always baffles me when players do it.

Iron24th
05-14-2014, 04:47 AM
you can blame crawford on this!

it doesn't matter anyway, cause no ref would have called this on the home team on a final possession.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 10:17 AM
There was another official under the basket though right?

therealwd27
05-14-2014, 10:38 AM
The red under the basket should've blown the whistle

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Ref would have swallowed his whistle anyways

chicago lulz
05-14-2014, 11:33 AM

If there was, he wouldn't have had a good angle to see that foul.

JC_
05-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Ref would have swallowed his whistle anyways

This. The ref near Crawford was chillaxing and did not move despite knowing that he was coming. They weren't going to call anything despite calling minimal contact on the play before.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 01:35 PM

You can tell by the 3rd angle that the ref under the hoop is towards the far side of the court. Very poor angle to make a call there. So, not really.

This must be a VERY inconvenient thread for conspiracy theorists, hence the low reply rate.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
You can tell by the 3rd angle that the ref under the hoop is towards the far side of the court. Very poor angle to make a call there. So, not really.

This must be a VERY inconvenient thread for conspiracy theorists, hence the low reply rate.

Ah ok. I couldn't tell, not to mention happening in game speed it's hard to tell. It was obviously a foul but I could see why it wasn't called I guess in that situation, on the road, end of game, (possibly CP3's reputation?) I think the other call was what was more frustrating IMO. (the Jackson/Barnes)

tredigs
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Ah ok. I couldn't tell, not to mention happening in game speed it's hard to tell. It was obviously a foul but I could see why it wasn't called I guess in that situation, on the road, end of game, (possibly CP3's reputation?) I think the other call was what was more frustrating IMO. (the Jackson/Barnes)

"on the road, end of game, reputation...", and - what this thread is about - couldn't see it.

I agree, I don't understand why that wasn't called out on Jackson, although apparently that rule they were discussing was the reasoning. Although on the flip side fans could also argue that the play never should have happened because CP3 should have been called for clearly reaching in across Jackson's chest after he lost the ball there.

Regardless, this was just a blown 2nd half of the 4th by the Clips. Doc and theorists can blame whoever they want, but they were the ones who allowed a late 9-0 run to put this all in place. ****** or missed calls happen all the time, the crying just goes up immensely when it's under a microscope. "WORST FIX ALL TIME!?!". ****ing clueless.

tmacsc2
05-14-2014, 03:09 PM
It would have been a terrible pass without the "foul"..... would have resulted in a TO

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 03:13 PM
"on the road, end of game, reputation...", and - what this thread is about - couldn't see it.

I agree, I don't understand why that wasn't called out on Jackson, although apparently that rule they were discussing was the reasoning. Although on the flip side fans could also argue that the play never should have happened because CP3 should have been called for clearly reaching in across Jackson's chest after he lost the ball there.

Regardless, this was just a blown 2nd half of the 4th by the Clips. Doc and theorists can blame whoever they want, but they were the ones who allowed a late 9-0 run to put this all in place. ****** or missed calls happen all the time, the crying just goes up immensely when it's under a microscope. "WORST FIX ALL TIME!?!". ****ing clueless.

Ha, well yea that too, that they couldn't see it. Totally forgot to include that.

Definitely not the worst fix of all time. I do believe OKC gets favored often in terms of officiating on most nights, but this was not the worst fix or anything.

Method28
05-14-2014, 03:22 PM

I'm sorry but you seem to think it's outside the realm of possibility that the refs have ever fixed games.

Clueless would be dismissing anything before really taking a look. I haven't claimed conspiracy, just extreme favoritism and lac better be getting these calls the next game.

But you should take a look at NBA history. Its happened before and very well could easily happen again. Once again, not saying it was the case here but I could definitely see why ppl would think so.

P&GRealist
05-14-2014, 03:28 PM
You Clipper fans need to get over it. Stop looking in the past and look forward to game 6.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 03:35 PM
[/B]

I'm sorry but you seem to think it's our side the realm of possibility that the refs have ever fixed games.

Clueless would be dismissing anything before really taking a look. I haven't claimed conspiracy, just extreme favoritism and lac better be getting these calls the next game.

But you should take a look at NBA history. Its happened before and very well could easily happen again. Once again, not saying it was the case here but I could definitely see why ppl would think so.

No, it's definitely happened. And it was the biggest scandal in NBA history when Donaghy attempted to fix games (although he said he bet on other refs tendencies, the research has been done to prove otherwise). Those resulted in calls that were 17-0 in favor of one team by Donaghy. We are simply not seeing that here when even a passing glance is taken at the game.

And it would be VERY tough to believe that a ref would aim to fix playoff games - especially such a high profile series. You fix a bobcats-Wizards mid-season game that nobody is focusing on. This is something that is hugely monitored by the NBA at this point though, and would be far more difficult to pull off (although there are also some who are dumb enough to think that the NBA itself is risking their multi-billion dollar business to fix these games).

Anyway, this subject is tired. The Clips blew it, period. Getting the **** end of a couple calls will happen as often as not.

Bruno
05-14-2014, 04:58 PM
i couldn't see it real time but yeah Paul got fouled. hand on the arm and a second later paul loses control. foul. CP3 should have pulled up from mid range I don't know why he's getting so close to Ibaka on the final play.

Method28
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM
[/B]

I'm sorry but you seem to think it's our side the realm of possibility that the refs have ever fixed games.

No, it's definitely happened. And it was the biggest scandal in NBA history when Donaghy attempted to fix games (although he said he bet on other refs tendencies, the research has been done to prove otherwise). Those resulted in calls that were 17-0 in favor of one team by Donaghy. We are simply not seeing that here when even a passing glance is taken at the game.

And it would be VERY tough to believe that a ref would aim to fix playoff games - especially such a high profile series. You fix a bobcats-Wizards mid-season game that nobody is focusing on. This is something that is hugely monitored by the NBA at this point though, and would be far more difficult to pull off (although there are also some who are dumb enough to think that the NBA itself is risking their multi-billion dollar business to fix these games).

Anyway, this subject is tired. The Clips blew it, period. Getting the **** end of a couple calls will happen as often as not.

I'm pissed man lol the rage!!! I feel like my wife cheated and left me for the milk man and I got stuck paying alimony.

If I'm right or wrong I know it doesn't matter. But I'm pissed lol

Bruno
05-14-2014, 05:04 PM
was the westbrook 3 pointer foul called because of body contact or because they saw contact up top?

based off how they're calling 3's and demanding that the shooter has a right to land, I'd understand that call for the sake of consistency. but if they called it because they thought chris paul hit westborok on the wrist, thats' a bad call.

but chris paul is a master of crowing the landing space of the shooter, he did it against Curry all series long. on those terms, that was a foul. he just got caught for it on a big stage.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 05:14 PM
was the westbrook 3 pointer foul called because of body contact or because they saw contact up top?

based off how they're calling 3's and demanding that the shooter has a right to land, I'd understand that call for the sake of consistency. but if they called it because they thought chris paul hit westborok on the wrist, thats' a bad call.

but chris paul is a master of crowing the landing space of the shooter, he did it against Curry all series long. on those terms, that was a foul. he just got caught for it on a big stage.

It's very tough to see, but he lightly taps Westbrook's elbow right at his release, which makes it impossible to hit the shot. Same thing he did to Curry last second of the game last series. It's a vintage CP3 cheat that he normally gets away with, and as we can see he's sly enough that it even confuses most fans into thinking it's a no call.

east fb knicks
05-14-2014, 05:16 PM
dam that was crazy lmao

Vinylman
05-14-2014, 05:25 PM
The real question is WHERE THE HELL was CP3 going with the ball?

Terrible execution at the end of the game by the Clippers

NBA_Starter
05-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I think he did, man the Clippers couldn't catch a break.

Bruno
05-14-2014, 05:49 PM
It's very tough to see, but he lightly taps Westbrook's elbow right at his release, which makes it impossible to hit the shot. Same thing he did to Curry last second of the game last series. It's a vintage CP3 cheat that he normally gets away with, and as we can see he's sly enough that it even confuses most fans into thinking it's a no call.

interesting. he got away with being very physical with Curry- interesting that Westbrook just got a call that Curry never did.

its just so close, I can't really see that arm tap but I won't deny it either. i can't tell.