PDA

View Full Version : NBA is Fixed

Pages : [1] 2

blakersburris
05-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Game 5, Clippers vs. Thunder, solidifies the notion that the NBA is a fixed league.

Not an avid NBA fan and this is the reason.

Complete BS!!

raiderfaninTX
05-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I am a casusal fan but between this, and the Randolph suspension I am done

This is close to sac lal level

goingfor28
05-14-2014, 12:32 AM
ya, i lost a ton of respect for the league watching this one. what complete and utter ********. this game was a joke. especially at the end.
nba wants miami vs okc/sas no question

AIverson
05-14-2014, 12:33 AM
This has been obvious for years. It's something as a basketball fan that you just have to except. It's bs but what can you do? It's what the nba is.

Riodagoat
05-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Not a fan of either team. Actually hate both of them.

However, can it be any more obvious? It just disgusts me how blatant some of the fixing is during this series. Can't remember a more obvious fixing since the Lakers Kings series.

First off, the low blow that Ibaka did to Griffin the other game. ZBo gets suspended during the prior series against OKC for "punching" Adams. And Ibaka gets away with what he did?

Tonight's game...I don't even know what to say. Ball clearly off Jackson. Where exactly is the foul on Paul on the last OKC possession?

Again, this is with my homer hat off. To say the least, if I was in a room with Griffin, Westbrook. and Hitler, with a gun with 3 bullets, I would probably shoot Griffin, Westbrook, and then myself.

Comments?

THE MTL
05-14-2014, 12:35 AM
You know these refs should be fined when they make bad calls. God forbid they get criticized by the players or coaches.

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Like I always say: Those who know, know. Those who don't, don't. The MVP needs to continue the playoff run, probably destined for LBJ vs KD II.

chitownbulls
05-14-2014, 12:36 AM
What happened? I missed the game

flea
05-14-2014, 12:37 AM
The Griz got it in the first round, and now the Clips are getting it. Nothing has changed in this league with the new commissioner.

flea
05-14-2014, 12:37 AM
This has been obvious for years. It's something as a basketball fan that you just have to except. It's bs but what can you do? It's what the nba is.

Watch more college. At least, that's what I do.

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2014, 12:38 AM
It's really annoying. I still think the grizz got shafted

LAKobeBryant
05-14-2014, 12:39 AM
anyone want to bet doc is going be fined for criticizing ref at press conference lol. NBA way to avoid that talk of fixed games

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah the league is trying to get durant a championship series vs LeBron.

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2014, 12:40 AM
It will be interesting to see if they fix it for okc against the much superior SA team

MiamiBoy77
05-14-2014, 12:41 AM
what happened tonight is soooooo bad.

Ball goes out of bounds off of Jackson, they review it, OKC ball (bad call)
Westbrook takes awful shot, gets terrible bail out call when Paul did not touch him (bad call)

Not only did Chris Paul get fouled, which I wont complain about. He still tried to foul Ibaka with 2 seconds left and the ref let the time run out

beyourself
05-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Conspiracy theorists always making a million assumptions.

SPURSFAN1
05-14-2014, 12:43 AM
2012 okc spurs game 6.

Joshtd1
05-14-2014, 12:44 AM
If the Spurs ever relocate, I will never watch the NBA again. Not to say the Clips didn't hurt themselves by playing like crap the last minute, but those officials definitely ****ed them over. I feel bad for the Clippers and Clippers right now after this garbage.

raiderfaninTX
05-14-2014, 12:46 AM
The refs told doc they didnt have the replay.

WTF?

Everyone knows that's ********

Joshtd1
05-14-2014, 12:47 AM
Coincidence that this happens to the Clippers after the Sterling situation? Hmmm... #conspriacytheory

JWO35
05-14-2014, 12:47 AM
CP3 got paid to turn the ball over at the end....FIXED!

Kingz4L
05-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Iv'e seen the worst, but this type of stuff just reminds us how crooked the nba is.

goingfor28
05-14-2014, 12:51 AM

WTF?

loooooooool no way?!??

bathroom_man
05-14-2014, 12:52 AM
No. Heat spurs game 6 finals was.

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 12:53 AM
guys Doc Rivers is HEATED...probably gonna be undeservingly fined for it

JEDean89
05-14-2014, 12:55 AM
I feel like the refs blew the barnes fouling jackson call, so even though it went out on jackson, it went out because barnes fouled him. refs can't make that a foul, but to have given it to the clippers would have been just as big of ********. paul did foul westbrook. refs blew the jackson fouling paul on the last play. why the nba wants OKC of LA i have no idea, i for one don't think the nba is rigged like it used to be, fans always get upset about calls. ya'll came back from 22, the series is fixed!

LOOTERX9
05-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Hope it is fixed to keep boring spurs out of finals. Doubt nba really cares who wins out of okc/clippers. Both have big fan bases and bring ratings. The spurs are the team nba needs to stop from bein in finals again

2-ONE-5
05-14-2014, 12:56 AM
lol nothing is irgged. you people are the worst

Abdul Mutalib
05-14-2014, 12:57 AM
what happened tonight is soooooo bad.

Ball goes out of bounds off of Jackson, they review it, OKC ball (bad call)
Westbrook takes awful shot, gets terrible bail out call when Paul did not touch him (bad call)

Not only did Chris Paul get fouled, which I wont complain about. He still tried to foul Ibaka with 2 seconds left and the ref let the time run out

1. refs tried to correct themselves on the jackson play b/c that was a clear foul on the replay so instead they give them the possession

2. Paul did get Westbrook slightly on the elbow

3. Paul f'd up on the last play no foul and if they did put time up after he fouled ibaka it would be something like 0.3-0.6 sec.

2-ONE-5
05-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Hope it is fixed to keep boring spurs out of finals. Doubt nba really cares who wins out of okc/clippers. Both have big fan bases and bring ratings. The spurs are the team nba needs to stop from bein in finals again

boring spurs? lol have you actually watched them play?

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2014, 01:00 AM
they want KD vs Lebron sooooooooooo bad

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm not gonna comment on the Jackson play, but I'm not sure that call on Paul was a foul.

Crackadalic
Nba is not rig lol stop it

The officiating is just so bad it's comical and borderline sad

I get it's the hardest sport to officiating but my goodness get better refs to idk actually ref

The clippers still choke and that's a fact but even so the clips were rob from a possession they should have gotten and led to a lost and any play that is dictated by a call from the refs and not the actually play from the players then people are going to complain

Joshtd1
boring spurs? lol have you actually watched them play?

I think I remember him from last year always hating on the Spurs. It's probably because we don't have that dunker, or guy that tries to be flashy and take terrible shots like a lot of teams do.

Slug3
05-14-2014, 01:03 AM
As I put in the game thread.

NBA Rule 8, section II, paragraph c:
"The ball is caused to go out-of-bounds by the last player to touch it before it goes out, provided it is out-of-bounds because of touching something other than a player. If the ball is out-of-bounds because of touching a player who is on or outside a boundary, such player caused it to go out. If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession"

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Spurs v Heat finals was one of the most competitive finals I've ever seen. I certainly enjoyed watching it.

goingfor28
05-14-2014, 01:06 AM
lol nothing is irgged. you people are the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

P&GRealist
05-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Eh, really doesn't matter who advances. Miami is still 3peating despite whoever comes out the west.

Chronz
05-14-2014, 01:09 AM
I am a casusal fan but between this, and the Randolph suspension I am done

This is close to sac lal level

You're just as blind as you were in 2002. Lakers didn't need the help from the refs, they would have won sooner had the games been called correctly.

2-ONE-5
05-14-2014, 01:09 AM
dont know about that

2-ONE-5
05-14-2014, 01:10 AM

didnt Peja airball a 3 to win game 7?

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Lakers series was more blatant..and it was proven.

Chronz
05-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Coincidence that this happens to the Clippers after the Sterling situation? Hmmm... #conspriacytheory

Conspiracies wouldn't be carried out in such a blatantly bad manner, thats just idiotic reffing. If the league did want to fix games/series, they wouldn't be putting the Thunder in such a precarious position in the first place. Think about it logically, if the refs/league were behind it, and they could control the flow of the game as you guys seemingly think they can, why wait until the very end to seal the game? They certainly had a few questionable calls they could have called against us. Why didn't they? Because they want to make it dramatic?

TheIlladelph16
05-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Honestly, the idea that a billion (s) dollar league is somehow rigged in any serious way is ridiculous on so many levels. It's just not a feasible scheme.

However, games like this give me serious pause to that opinion. LA got shafted tonight big time. Whether there was outside influence on the game (almost certainly not) or simply piss poor officiating, OKC got bailed out big time.

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 01:15 AM
I do think it would be a little more realistic if we called the refs corrupt rather than the whole league.

goku
05-14-2014, 01:15 AM

i tweeted this lmaoooo

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Game 5, Clippers vs. Thunder, solidifies the notion that the NBA is a fixed league.

Complete BS!!

Go yanks!!!!!!!!!!

goku
05-14-2014, 01:16 AM
NBA not bouta let Sterling team make the NBA finals after that interview last night

Tony_Starks
05-14-2014, 01:17 AM
Aliens exist and Tupac is still alive too....

AIverson
05-14-2014, 01:18 AM

C'mon man. Don't remind us basketball fans of that sad moment.

Arch Stanton
05-14-2014, 01:20 AM
The 'Jerk Store' called and they're running out of you!

cmellofan15
05-14-2014, 01:22 AM
NBA not bouta let Sterling team make the NBA finals after that interview last night

:laugh2:

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
C'mon man. Don't remind us basketball fans of that sad moment.
Go Santa!!!

Pakman
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Eat a **** lob city

Crackadalic
05-14-2014, 01:26 AM
07 series suns spurs

Who ref in that series?

tim donaghy

So no tonight was just bad officiating. Doesn't come close to fixing.

Gibby
05-14-2014, 01:30 AM
The reason why this is shady is not because of blown calls but how do they blow an out of bounds review call like that. It was clearly off Jackson but they realized the oh **** missed a foul call so lets make it up to them. I like how Steve Kerr kept his mouth shut for the most part but he knew it.

Gibby
05-14-2014, 01:32 AM
07 series suns spurs

Who ref in that series?

tim donaghy

So no tonight was just bad officiating. Doesn't come close to fixing.

even the review out of bounds call? I never shout fix because refs give blow calls and give star treatment. but how can you blow an obvious out of bounds call even you have so many replays.

WadeKobe
05-14-2014, 01:35 AM
I am the last person to cry "fixed", and I am not sure I would go that far. But this game featured a final two minutes of the most attrocious bad refereeing where all of the mistakes were completely one-sided and basically secured a comeback. This was about as bad as I have ever seen, and I am the first person to decry such charges.

Gibby
05-14-2014, 01:35 AM

WTF?

shouldnt the call on the court stand then?

DallasTrilla23
05-14-2014, 01:37 AM
They shouldn't even have been in that position. Chris Paul made some stupid plays down the stretch. He always tries to get 3 free throws when the opponent tries to foul him intentionally and he payed the price tonight.

I don't think the game was fixed, I think they saw that Barnes fouled him and tried to make up for it

Crackadalic
05-14-2014, 01:41 AM
even the review out of bounds call? I never shout fix because refs give blow calls and give star treatment. but how can you blow an obvious out of bounds call even you have so many replays.

Its called poor judgment. Officiating is bad. People make mistakes. I'm just as mad and I'm not even a clippers fan but **** happens with bad calls. No need to call it fix

You can tell when a game is fix (Suns/Spurs) and a game that just had flat out bad officiating

The 16 more FT's don't help erase those thoughts but nah its not fix.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-14-2014, 01:48 AM
So the NBA wants OKC to advance rather than a Los Angeles team? And did I read someone say the NBA wants the Spurs in the finals? For more low ratings? It was a bad call. Big difference from being rigged.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-14-2014, 01:51 AM
The reason why this is shady is not because of blown calls but how do they blow an out of bounds review call like that. It was clearly off Jackson but they realized the oh **** missed a foul call so lets make it up to them. I like how Steve Kerr kept his mouth shut for the most part but he knew it.

They mentioned this on TNT (Rule #8, Section II)

If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.

Does that not apply in this case? To be fair, it doesn't seem like Barnes directly hit the hand causing the ball to go out..

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Do we really need two NBA is fixed threads hell why stop at two why not have three?

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Only ignorant mother ****ers talk about one call. How about OKC getting 15 points from the line in opening quarter? DJ fouling out in 19 minutes. Entire starting 5 in foul trouble besides Redick. It was atrocious Reffing all ****ing game.

Gibby
05-14-2014, 01:54 AM

Does that not apply in this case? To be fair, it doesn't seem like Barnes directly hit the hand causing the ball to go out..

it seemed like barnes got most of the left hand but it went off of Jacksons right hand.

PraiseJesus
05-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Yep

NBA has millions riding on Durant

basketfan4life
05-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Game 2 of 2008 NBA finals, the most fixed game ever. Leon Powe shot more ft's than whole Lakers team. Be careful, no one will mention it.

Also in that series, after a lot of reviews refs gave the ball to Boston where it was obvious the ball went out from Garnett. But they still said it was out of Gasol, gave the ball to Celtics at the end of the game. Celtics won.

shep33
05-14-2014, 02:00 AM
CP3 did have an incredibly boneheaded play at the end there. Yes it should have been off of Jackson, but it looked like Barney hit his arm before getting ball.

I thought the worst calls were the And 1s that Russy got on Big Baby who stayed vertical

Cracka2HI!
05-14-2014, 02:02 AM
It does look like the fix may be in. Not complaining. Clipps lost tonight. That's on them. If the fix is in it's because of Sterling. Who will the league had the trophy to if the Clippers win?

Crackadalic
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM

Tony Brothers not once stated that rule in his statement that the replay came up inconclusive

Replay needs a upgrade in the offseason. That us all. How are the refs only giving a few camera angles

JJ_JKidd
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM
They can rig the Clippers but I doubt they can do that against the Spurs.

sens#11fan
05-14-2014, 02:08 AM
They can rig the Clippers but I doubt they can do that against the Spurs.
Keep in mind OKC has better matchups against the spurs, compared to LAC.

naps
05-14-2014, 02:14 AM
I don't think the league as a whole is rigged but this has to be the greatest blunder since that infamous LA-Kings series. I mean I understand on court calls going wrong sometimes with naked eyes but how on earth could you give that ball to OKC after this thing called REVIEW?

Doc is right, they should stop using review completely because it seemed this game didn't need any review.

This game possibly was a turning point of Chris Paul's legacy. We shall see.

Method28
05-14-2014, 02:15 AM
shouldnt the call on the court stand then?

They were looking at the play on the sideline man. It's on film lol they are seen watching the replay. They just straight lied.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Eat a **** lob city

Lmao! My ninja west is clutch.

WITZ
05-14-2014, 02:27 AM
conspiracy theorist are the ****ing worst :facepalm:

Shlumpledink
05-14-2014, 02:34 AM
Not a fan of either team. Actually hate both of them.

However, can it be any more obvious? It just disgusts me how blatant some of the fixing is during this series. Can't remember a more obvious fixing since the Lakers Kings series.

First off, the low blow that Ibaka did to Griffin the other game. ZBo gets suspended during the prior series against OKC for "punching" Adams. And Ibaka gets away with what he did?

Tonight's game...I don't even know what to say. Ball clearly off Jackson. Where exactly is the foul on Paul on the last OKC possession?

Again, this is with my homer hat off. To say the least, if I was in a room with Griffin, Westbrook. and Hitler, with a gun with 3 bullets, I would probably shoot Griffin, Westbrook, and then myself.

Comments?

Yeah dude, totally save hitler. I agree.

shep33
05-14-2014, 02:42 AM
I don't think the league as a whole is rigged but this has to be the greatest blunder since that infamous LA-Kings series. I mean I understand on court calls going wrong sometimes with naked eyes but how on earth could you give that ball to OKC after this thing called REVIEW?

Doc is right, they should stop using review completely because it seemed this game didn't need any review.

This game possibly was a turning point of Chris Paul's legacy. We shall see.

There were some terrible calls, I agree, but CP3 was pretty bad at times during this game. Especially in crunch-time. Not to mention that Westbrook got by him whenever he wanted

They should have won regardless as Doc said. The bad calls didn't help... but they just played terrible down the stretch.

numba1CHANGsta
05-14-2014, 03:09 AM
It doesn't matter who's the commissioner, there will always be rigged games to create better ratings/revenue. It's the same as the president of the united states, does it really matter? either way we are getting screwed.

numba1CHANGsta
05-14-2014, 03:17 AM
David Stern was hired in the 80's by the higher ups to rig NBA games and create the most revenue possible. But even with Silver, games will still be rigged, so there are people who makes the decisions for the commissioner and must follow them.

The whole Sterling situation was brought up during the playoffs to distract us the fans from these noticeable rigged games. Remember the recordings were recorded months ago(I think last December), why does it all of a sudden come up during playoff time? OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!

tredigs
05-14-2014, 03:22 AM
Clips make a single play down the stretch (out of like 6 failures) and nobody is talking. You kids are hopeless.

FlashBolt
05-14-2014, 03:32 AM
It doesn't matter if Clips played bad down the stretch because that doesn't negate the fact that this game was horribly officiated.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 03:36 AM
It doesn't matter if Clips played bad down the stretch because that doesn't negate the fact that this game was horribly officiated.

Uh yes, it can. Calls that go one teams way more than another happen all the ****ing time (especially favoring a raucous home crowd... hence HCA), but if the Clippers did not shoot themselves in the ****ing foot and give this away down the stretch then a missed call means nothing. As are most games that fall in situations like this, it is not a black/white issue - both factors contributed.

They also missed multiple fouls that the Clips put on OKC, and CP3 (just like last series) has been given free reign to drape over Westbrook/KD all series. Pretty ****** way to fix a series if you're allowing the teams stars to be touch fouled with no whistle 10-12 times each game by a single player.

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 03:52 AM
Or it doesn't matter if the game was horribly officiated because the clips gave the game away.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 03:57 AM
Bballbreakdown last 80 seconds of game.
How Chris Paul Choked, Or The Refs Were A Joke: T…: http://youtu.be/dENg8C9d5WQ

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 04:04 AM
Bballbreakdown last 80 seconds of game.
How Chris Paul Choked, Or The Refs Were A Joke: T…: http://youtu.be/dENg8C9d5WQ

You're not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 04:07 AM
You're not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Yea... I'm tired but can't sleep. I'll admit this game has me shook. Already said it earlier. Worst loss in 15 years as a diehard fan. More painful than the loss against the Suns in round two in 06.

BALLER R
05-14-2014, 04:12 AM
They want OKC in the finals. This is two series in a row now that had something big that benefited the Thunder.
Round 1 Randolph suspended for game 7, now this. It really makes you think.

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Yea... I'm tired but can't sleep. I'll admit this game has me shook. Already said it earlier. Worst loss in 15 years as a diehard fan. More painful than the loss against the Suns in round two in 06.
Listen I'm a Laker fan therefore I'm rooting for OKC, however OKC is looking more and more like a two trick pony and the Clips have a great coach (That I hate) and a team with heart, I really think they might go all the way.

GoferKing_
05-14-2014, 04:54 AM
It's like when Bibby got hit by Kobe but it was called as a foul on Bibby all over again.xD

PurpleLynch
05-14-2014, 04:58 AM
It's simple,just bring in refs from Euroleague and make them learn Nba's rules. They will be far better that a lot of ******** refs working for the Nba.

naps
05-14-2014, 05:10 AM
There were some terrible calls, I agree, but CP3 was pretty bad at times during this game. Especially in crunch-time. Not to mention that Westbrook got by him whenever he wanted

They should have won regardless as Doc said. The bad calls didn't help... but they just played terrible down the stretch.

Oh no doubt dude. Clips and CP3 had severe meltdown and had their own share of faults...plenty. But my gripe is what did the refs see in the review that was different from what we all saw that eventually made them give the ball to OKC? I mean c'mon! Refs don't need to make it THIS obvious.

BALLER R
05-14-2014, 05:17 AM
Sooner the Clips are out the sooner Sterling headlines go in the background.

naps
05-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Refs said after the game that the review was inconclusive. Are you kidding me? What exactly about that play was inconclusive? It CLEARLY went off of Reggie Jackson. Even the OKC fans couldn't believe it when the heard the ball was given to their team after seeing it on the giant screen.

Method28
05-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Refs said after the game that the review was inconclusive. Are you kidding me? What exactly about that play was inconclusive? It CLEARLY went off of Reggie Jackson. Even the OKC fans couldn't believe it when the heard the ball was given to their team after seeing it on the giant screen.

Yeah it's going to be really tough for me to watch the remainder of these playoffs as a fan. Just pathetic excuses. We'll see what the NBA does about it.

I'm sure some bs apology which does absolutely nothing. I wanna see those refs fired. Yeah people make mistakes, and people also have to learn from those mistakes.

They blatantly lied to Doc by telling him they didn't have the review yet they were shown watching the angles we all saw.

They released the statement saying it was inconclusive.... ********.

This whole the Clips messed the bed, partially true. But having all these calls go against you sure makes it seem they did. A lot of these mistakes wouldn't have occurred if the refs did their jobs properly.

RulerSlick
05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/InfamousThickDutchsmoushond.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/CrispJoyfulCoral.gif

http://i.imgur.com/g3uv3td.jpg

Clipps got robbed

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 07:21 AM
They didn't get robbed, they choked under pressure... HARD... especially CP3. The refs shouldn't have even had a chance to blow a call and I'm not sure they did. There was less contact vs Paul than Lowry's drive game 7 Raps vs Nets

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 07:28 AM
If the game was fixed for OKC to win do you really think they would have let it come down to all that crazyness at the end? You can't fix that, everyone told the Raps fans to shut up and it was much more obvious in that series. I just think we got some real upset Clipper fans and rightfully so. One of the biggest choke jobs of all time, but to say the game was fixed is just a poor excuse for failure.

archdevil84
05-14-2014, 07:29 AM
hopefully the clippers blow out the thunder in game 6 and 7. would be pretty awesome

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 07:46 AM
All right settle down. Refs had a bad a game. So what? You can't blame a loss on one factor. And your acting like a ******? What do you mean by that? Are you bigot?

Just an upset Clipper fan that doesnt get it... i wouldnt worry bout it.

YoungOne
05-14-2014, 07:50 AM
yeah cause those calls are so obvious and easy to see in real speed from the refs POV.

Asik's better
05-14-2014, 07:56 AM
So what? You'd be signing a different tune if it were your Rockets getting jobbed the whole game.

And you absolutely can blame a loss on one factor. It appears that you either did not watch the entire game or you are reffering to Jackson out of bounds play. This horrid job is not due to that one call alone. The refs were blowing okc the entire game.
No I wouldn't. In the history of me watching basketball have ever blamed the refs for a loss. It's a little lame. Sorry.

Also how did that Jackson out bounds play come about? Maybe if a certain superstar pg didn't turn it over the clips would be an situation.

J4KOP99
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Damn, clippersfan went in on tredigs. I guess that type of bigotry and hatred runs in the clippers family.

Mr. Sterling would be proud of you clippersfan, keep it up.

-in all honesty, if psd wants to have any respectability, they would ban clippersfan... FOR LIFE!

JC_
05-14-2014, 08:10 AM
They didn't get robbed, they choked under pressure... HARD... especially CP3. The refs shouldn't have even had a chance to blow a call and I'm not sure they did. There was less contact vs Paul than Lowry's drive game 7 Raps vs Nets

:laugh:

Sounds like you're projecting your bitterness from the Raptors series onto the Clippers.

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 08:17 AM
:laugh:

Sounds like you're projecting your bitterness from the Raptors series onto the Clippers.

Ya know what they say... Misery loves company!!! ;)

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
and if the do reverse to out of bounds calls OKC fans are the ones losing their minds that it wasn't called a foul... The Clippers blew the game, they didn't get hosed

NYKnickFanatic
05-14-2014, 08:37 AM
yeah cause those calls are so obvious and easy to see in real speed from the refs POV.

That Jackson play was reviewed and they still said OKC ball.

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 08:39 AM
If the call goes the other way OKC fans are screaming "fixed" because it was clearly a foul... your team lost, get over it!

HYFR
05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Clippers were playing like a bunch of little 5 year olds at the end.. dumb dumb basketball is the reason they lost

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 09:08 AM
That Jackson play was reviewed and they still said OKC ball.

The refs couldn't win on that play after they failed to call a foul on Barnes. You give the ball to OKC then Thunder fans are crying it wasn't called a foul and we'd have pages and pages on that. Tough to lose a game like that but they certianly didn't do themselves any favors

tr3ymill3r
05-14-2014, 09:09 AM
I think a much bigger question is why does the NBA play by 2 set of rules? They blow the whistle on every single layup and dunk attempt in the regular season, but you have to earn it in the playoffs. Whereas if you are looked at funny while shooting a 3 pointer, you are awarded free throws? I don't know where to look up these specific stats, but I bet there is a huge disparity between the number of 3 point shot fouls called in the regular season VS the post season.

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Paul definately got Westbrook on the elbow on that last three, it was a legitimate foul

mdm692
05-14-2014, 09:29 AM
It's called a make up call. The Clippers were up 15 yet they let OK back in the game. If the Clippers would of kept that lead then this wouldn't be a topic of discussion but since THE CLIPS CHOKED the butt hurt fans need to make excuses.

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 09:31 AM
The 'Jerk Store' called and they're running out of you!
What's the difference? You're their all-time best seller!

(I love a good Seinfeld reference. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone reference that show.)

pacofunk64
05-14-2014, 09:32 AM
There was 1 blown call and that was in GIF #1. I don't understand how they got that wrong. It's as clear as day. I don't care that there was a foul. That is not the point of the call and nor can you put that into ANY consideration which it appears they had to have done. The Clips shouldn't have put themselves in that position but it's still a blown call and a very bad one at that.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 09:44 AM
I wonder what would happen if Doc refused to put his team in unless they reversed the call (the Jackson out of bounds play) I know it's not likely but still. It seemed obvious

JC_
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
and if the do reverse to out of bounds calls OKC fans are the ones losing their minds that it wasn't called a foul... The Clippers blew the game, they didn't get hosed

It's possible to blow the game and get hosed at the same time. Clips choked hard but it doesn't excuse what the refs did on that out of bounds play. I've never seen the refs make such a blatantly-obvious biased decision when they are staring at a replay that is clear as day.

and don't get it twisted, most people complaining here aren't Clippers fans. I don't like the Clippers very much, I'd rather OKC wins this series but that call was f'd up. It's bad for the game of basketball and that's why we care.

Phenomenonsense
05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I think the replay on the ball going out of bounds play was a good use of replay. Obviously Barnes hit it out of Jackson's hand, and if we had a different angle we could see if the ball hit jackson's wrist or fingertips after that fact, but the ball didn't change rotational motion so there was no indication that Jackson touched it. He might have, but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the floor. The Paul foul, it was just too bad that Crawford screened the ref at the exact moment lol. And Paul did hit WB on the three attempt. No way that should've happened.

blakersburris
05-14-2014, 10:58 AM
I just found it fishy that the whole game usually stops on the review and they usually spend 5 minutes showing replays on national tv.

They didn't show a replay until the call was practically made. I was waiting for a 5 minute fiasco in such an important game and they were so non-chalant in making the call and awarding OKC with the ball so quickly.

Who calls a foul, on a crap 3-pointer, with 5 seconds left, in a pivotal game 5?

FIXED!!!

raiderfaninTX
05-14-2014, 11:02 AM
People act like it was one call. It was the entire game

Half of OKC's points in the 2nd quarter were ft's. Every time clippers pulled ahead by 10 the whistles came out to get it close. It was awful

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 11:03 AM
I actually hadn't seen this one. (the CP3/WB foul, or non foul I should say) Wow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnl4CeAIYAAtONZ.jpg

ManRam
05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I fell asleep. :sigh:

Hardest sport in the world to officiate. 50/50 calls on every play. I think most people generally are unwilling to grasp that and slip to the "fix" talk. I'll have to watch the footage to form my own opinion on this one, however.

But if you're convinced it is fixed, why are you still watching? I've never understood that. Frequent game-fixing would never stay unexposed in this day and age. And I'm not talking Donaghy...he doesn't count. Maybe a game every once in a very long time, I guess. But I can't get behind anything more substantive than that.

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I actually hadn't seen this one. (the CP3/WB foul, or non foul I should say) Wow

JERKED! Only way to describe that fiasco. The rest of you can be blind if you wanna.

Good luck against CheatKC next round Spurman!!

flea
05-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Some of the mental gymnastics people put themselves through in this thread is amazing. I understand younger fans being NBA apologists, sort of like young WWE fans, but you should know better if you're older.

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
I fell asleep. :sigh:

Hardest sport in the world to officiate. 50/50 calls on every play. I think most people generally are unwilling to grasp that and slip to the "fix" talk. I'll have to watch the footage to form my own opinion on this one, however.

But if you're convinced it is fixed, why are you still watching? I've never understood that. Frequent game-fixing would never stay unexposed in this day and age. And I'm not talking Donaghy...he doesn't count. Maybe a game every once in a very long time, I guess. But I can't get behind anything more substantive than that.

Watching basketball = Entertainment.

I watch basketball to be entertained. Nothing more, nothing less

ManRam
05-14-2014, 11:11 AM
From 4:01, 101-88:
Craw miss
CP3 miss
CP3 miss
Craw miss
DJ t/o
Craw miss
Blake FT (misses 1)
CP3 make
Craw miss
CP3 t/o
CP3 foul
CP3 t/o

Phenomenonsense
05-14-2014, 11:13 AM

Because that's total ********. CP3 clearly hits WB, and they take a FRAME out of that to try and make it like CP3 didn't foul him, then they don't show the fact that, AS Reggie fouls CP3, Crawford screens the ref so it would be impossible to see. There is already a thread on it.

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2014, 11:15 AM
I will say this tho:

Clips had a double digit lead deep into the 4th. They should have closed the game then it would have never been in the refs hands.....poor job down the stretch by the Clips.

Still doesn't discount that complete utter ******** the refs pulled.

flea
05-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I will say this tho:

Clips had a double digit lead deep into the 4th. They should have closed the game then it would have never been in the refs hands.....poor job down the stretch by the Clips.

Still doesn't discount that complete utter ******** the refs pulled.

Yeah the Clips did what a lot of teams do these days, bleed out 17 seconds and then pass for a contested 3 or PG chucks one himself. Doesn't change the fact that the refs made the Clips beat the Thunder multiple times, which is how you rig games. It's not hard when the teams are so evenly matched.

If this were all just random, then why are the Mavs 1-16 in Joey Crawford playoff games in the last 10 years? One of the best teams over that time period who just pushed last year's Finals team to 7 games with an inferior roster, yet when the posterboy for fixing outcomes officiates their game they are about as good as T-Mac's Magic.

Is it a coincidence that Mark Cuban is one of the most critical of NBA officiating and this happens to his team? Maybe! Is it coincidence that the NBA since Sterling has felt the need to rule with an iron fist and stamp out any dissent with draconian fines and suspensions? Maybe!

chicago lulz
05-14-2014, 11:21 AM

First play they reference (foul by CP3)
http://gfycat.com/MiserableComfortableFlamingo

Second play they reference
http://gfycat.com/EllipticalVeneratedHalicore

Screenshots are not the best things to go off of. Not saying these gifs are as well (not the best angles), but gives you a better idea than just a frame.

Also, that Blake Griffin O-line screen.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
First play they reference (foul by CP3)
http://gfycat.com/MiserableComfortableFlamingo

Second play they reference

Screenshots are not the best things to go off of. Not saying these gifs are as well (not the best angles), but gives you a better idea than just a frame.

Also, that Blake Griffin O-line screen.

Thanks, those are definitely better angles. Those stills I put definitely didn't tell the whole story since you can't see the follow through or lower portion (talking about the WB jump shot), but from the gif you put it still looked like a no call situation.

I guess it is what it is at this point. Just hate to see that happen to a team. I know the Clips had their own part in failing to execute down the stretch, but still unfortunate to see.

J4KOP99
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
If you are going to fix a game, you do it at the free throw line.

You do not wait until the end and hope that there is an out of bounds play that you can review...

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Because that's total ********. CP3 clearly hits WB, and they take a FRAME out of that to try and make it like CP3 didn't foul him, then they don't show the fact that, AS Reggie fouls CP3, Crawford screens the ref so it would be impossible to see. There is already a thread on it.

Yea I saw the other thread regarding Crawfords, (though there was another official under the basket) I didn't see CP3 clearly hit WB from the video either , but maybe I'm missing it.

chicago lulz
05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks, those are definitely better angles. Those stills I put definitely didn't tell the whole story since you can't see the follow through or lower portion (talking about the WB jump shot), but from the gif you put it still looked like a no call situation.

I guess it is what it is at this point. Just hate to see that happen to a team. I know the Clips had their own part in failing to execute down the stretch, but still unfortunate to see.

Yeah, the first gif makes it seem like a no call situation. I always prefer the "let them play" mentality nearing the end of games, avoiding calls for ticky tack fouls and such. The second gif is a cluster****, because you have an illegal screen being set by Blake Griffin, and then Jamal Crawford blocking the view of the only ref who had a good angle at the foul on CP3 (seemed like a ticky tack foul as well), as pointed out by Chronz.

It is unfortunate to see, and I really hope the NBA does something to improve officiating. I know refs aren't perfect and make mistakes, but there needs to be some accountability and improvement on them. Not saying this based on the officiating last night, but just throughout the season and throughout the playoffs so far.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
JERKED! Only way to describe that fiasco. The rest of you can be blind if you wanna.

Good luck against CheatKC next round Spurman!!

Ha thanks. Still need to take care of Blazers and Clips are still in it. But yea. Playing them is no fun because of the calls they tend to get. HCA doesn't even matter lol

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah, the first gif makes it seem like a no call situation. I always prefer the "let them play" mentality nearing the end of games, avoiding calls for ticky tack fouls and such. The second gif is a cluster****, because you have an illegal screen being set by Blake Griffin, and then Jamal Crawford blocking the view of the only ref who had a good angle at the foul on CP3 (seemed like a ticky tack foul as well), as pointed out by Chronz.

It is unfortunate to see, and I really hope the NBA does something to improve officiating. I know refs aren't perfect and make mistakes, but there needs to be some accountability and improvement on them. Not saying this based on the officiating last night, but just throughout the season and throughout the playoffs so far.

Definitely agree. I know they tossed out the option of coaches challenges expanding replays, etc... But something needs to be done. It's the overall consistency from game to game that is frustrating as fans. And yea, there is no accountability at all. They come out and say they got a play wrong. That's it. Joey Crawford was suspended for what he did, but what else do they do to hold the officials accountable?

PurpleLynch
05-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah the Clips did what a lot of teams do these days, bleed out 17 seconds and then pass for a contested 3 or PG chucks one himself. Doesn't change the fact that the refs made the Clips beat the Thunder multiple times, which is how you rig games. It's not hard when the teams are so evenly matched.

If this were all just random, then why are the Mavs 1-16 in Joey Crawford playoff games in the last 10 years? One of the best teams over that time period who just pushed last year's Finals team to 7 games with an inferior roster, yet when the posterboy for fixing outcomes officiates their game they are about as good as T-Mac's Magic.

Is it a coincidence that Mark Cuban is one of the most critical of NBA officiating and this happens to his team? Maybe! Is it coincidence that the NBA since Sterling has felt the need to rule with an iron fist and stamp out any dissent with draconian fines and suspensions? Maybe!

I agree with some points,I made a thread a long time ago where I talked about refs(Crawford too,he should be fired immediatly).
Sterling's story is a far different thing,that leaked tape could ruin the whole Nba image(and remember,it's still a sport where the majority is composed of blacks).
Cuban,also,has a general bad attitude,some of his critics are on point,other are way off.
I wouldn't talk about "rigged" games,I'd talk about bad refs and calls that just Nba's stars can hope to obtain.

flea
05-14-2014, 12:01 PM
If you acknowledge the incompetence of the officiating you are acknowledging the presence of one of two scenarios: a complicit front office or an utterly incompetent front office. Judging by the autocratic nature with which Stern/Silver run their business, I'm going with the former.

raiderfaninTX
05-14-2014, 12:12 PM
If you are going to fix a game, you do it at the free throw line.

You do not wait until the end and hope that there is an out of bounds play that you can review...

Did you not watch the first half? Ft's kept the thunder in this game

J4KOP99
05-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Kept them in the game? They were down big (even until the end)

MassoDio
05-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Oh good lord, another "The NBA is fixed" thread. Should we have said it was fixed after the Clippers stormed back the other night to come back from so far behind? There were questionable calls throughout that too.

Refs make bad calls, although the ones being complained about in this thread weren't bad calls...just unpopular ones.

There were very poor calls throughout the last two games of this series, and each team completed an improbable come back because of it.

nastynice
05-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Didn't watch the game, but after reading this thread I was expecting to see some kinda huge blown call and okc strictly winning cuz of the refs, but i'll be real I don't see what was so special about yesterday. Just a normal blown call, like we've seen time and time again. It wasn't even as blatant as people in this thread made it out to be, it was actually kinda close. I DO think that it went off of okc, but it was def close. I see calls like that all the time.

macc
05-14-2014, 01:41 PM
To the people who say the game is rigged. Stop it, just stop it. You're wasting anyone with intellects time.

First off the NBA is a successful business, everyone associated with the NBA makes alot of money on it. From the owners on down to the players. The NBA does a great job of marketing their stars and boosting the popularity of the sport. WHY would someone want to rig a game to get a few thousand more people to watch a 'better finals' with the risk of being found out about? If the NBA was found to be rigged, it would lose interest and credibility instantly. Simply put, the reward is just not worth the risk. You don't ruin a 'successful' business to get a few more viewers. It simply makes no sense.

Do blown calls happen? Yes

Do refs get emotionally involved in a game and sometimes make a bad call because of it? Yes

Has there been a rogue ref who has intentionally favored a team before? Possibly and prob yes

In saying that, these people are human, humans make mistakes. It's when people would say David Stern is behind it all and wants to see Lebron vs KD in the finals is where it's gets stupid (on the fans part).

But let's be real. The NBA does a great job promoting the stars. If the Clippers get to the finals then you have the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin story lines. You have stars all over the place you can promote to boost ratings.

So stop with the conspiracy theories. Bad calls happen. They happened yesterday, they are going to happen today and tomorrow. Noone talks about the bad call in the 1st/2nd quarter, they only focus on the calls at the end of the game to use as their scape goat if your team wasn't the one who won.

So if you're going to play conspiracy, actually have more evidence to back your theory up then one blown call. Connect some dots. Just a thought.

One other point. You don't see the players/coaches/owners talking about the games being rigged, and it affects them the most. Jobs are gained and lost because of series wins and losses. You only see the controversies like this come from the 'fans' think about that for a min.

USMCLaker
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Craw miss
CP3 miss
CP3 miss
Craw miss
DJ t/o
Craw miss
Blake FT (misses 1)
CP3 make
Craw miss
CP3 t/o
CP3 foul
CP3 t/o

Good post. And if just one of these things didn't happen we wouldn't be hearing all this belly aching about the calls.

flea
05-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Actually it was the calls in the first half that led me to realize how rigged the outcome was. That and the movement on the Vegas line.

The only argument people offer is that it's a conspiracy theory and those are always wrong because it's too hard to pull the wool over our eyes. That's such a laughable assertion that I don't know where to begin. Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, and the other architects of the scheme of lies and deceit used as pretext for the War in Iraq are laughing at all of us.

Red_Pill
05-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Craw miss
CP3 miss
CP3 miss
Craw miss
DJ t/o
Craw miss
Blake FT (misses 1)
CP3 make
Craw miss
CP3 t/o
CP3 foul
CP3 t/o

Exactly. Clippers, specifically CP3, blew the game for themselves. The Jackson play was the correct call. Both angles were inconclusive as to who touched it last. And considering Barnes hit Jacksons hand which initiated the play, I think the refs made a good decision. That play alone didn't cost them the game, though. CP3 fouling Westbrook is what sealed their fate. Blame CP3. He's why they lost.

macc
05-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Actually it was the calls in the first half that led me to realize how rigged the outcome was. That and the movement on the Vegas line.

The only argument people offer is that it's a conspiracy theory and those are always wrong because it's too hard to pull the wool over our eyes. That's such a laughable assertion that I don't know where to begin. Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, and the other architects of the scheme of lies and deceit used as pretext for the War in Iraq are laughing at all of us.

There is so much wrong in this post I don't know where to begin. First off you're comparing a war to a business worth billions of dollars in someway that you think they have anything to do with each other. Sorry I don't get it.

You then use the Vegas lines as somehow some type of evidence to back up what you're saying. So are you saying the simple bookies in Vegas have the power OVER the commissioner, the league, the owners and players to rig a game? lol you're adorable.

So once again, if you think it's rigged then provide some 'evidence' to support this view. A blown call here or there is not evidence. You need people involved, why they are involved and under whose order they are involved.

No matter who wins the series you can pull a controversy either way.

If thunder win then it's just the NBA wanting to see Lebron vs KD. If LA wins then that's the NBA wanting a bigger market in the finals. You see how easy that was?

So stop comparing NBA to a war in Iraq. There is nothing similar between the two in any sense.

Red_Pill
05-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Definitely agree. I know they tossed out the option of coaches challenges expanding replays, etc... But something needs to be done.

Coaches being able to challenge one or two rulings per game would be awesome. Not sure why they would throw that out. I mean, they could charge a timeout per use of the challenge system if they're worried about it slowing games down.

flea
05-14-2014, 02:09 PM
There is so much wrong in this post I don't know where to begin. First off you're comparing a war to a business worth billions of dollars in someway that you think they have anything to do with each other. Sorry I don't get it.

You then use the Vegas lines as somehow some type of evidence to back up what you're saying. So are you saying the simple bookies in Vegas have the power OVER the commissioner, the league, the owners and players to rig a game? lol you're adorable.

So once again, if you think it's rigged then provide some 'evidence' to support this view. A blown call here or there is not evidence. You need people involved, why they are involved and under whose order they are involved.

No matter who wins the series you can pull a controversy either way.

If thunder win then it's just the NBA wanting to see Lebron vs KD. If LA wins then that's the NBA wanting a bigger market in the finals. You see how easy that was?

So stop comparing NBA to a war in Iraq. There is nothing similar between the two in any sense.

For years bookmakers have been in on the sports rigging game. Are you kidding me? You are clearly one of those people that needs to believe everything as it's presented or else your worldview collapses so I'm not sure we'll come to terms on this disagreement.

The reason the NBA is able to keep rigging games and shaving points like they do is because its commissioner stamps out dissent, and its devoted fans don't want to believe their sport is compromised. Most fans already know the NBA rigs games and accept it - virtually every long-time NBA fan admits the existence of "star calls," which is another way of saying rigged outcomes. Where people seem to get hung up is whether it's deliberate on the part of the FO. Like I said, it's either incompetence or deliberate - you take your pick but I know where I stand.

A good portion of the country believes Iraq had WMDs still. Does that mean they did? No. A good portion of the country believes its sports monopolies are honest businesses. Does that mean they are? No. That, and the fact that hoodwinking a bunch of people is a lot easier than you think, is why I brought up Iraq.

kdspurman
05-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Coaches being able to challenge one or two rulings per game would be awesome. Not sure why they would throw that out. I mean, they could charge a timeout per use of the challenge system if they're worried about it slowing games down.

I probably worded that wrong, but I meant it as it's been discussed as a possibility. 1 per half would be good I think. I know a lot of people don't like replay, but at the end of the day getting the correct call is the priority. Here's the article on that from last year- http://nba.si.com/2013/06/13/nba-challenge-flags-coaches-referees-officials/

bootypants
05-14-2014, 02:12 PM
1. refs tried to correct themselves on the jackson play b/c that was a clear foul on the replay so instead they give them the possession

2. Paul did get Westbrook slightly on the elbow

3. Paul f'd up on the last play no foul and if they did put time up after he fouled ibaka it would be something like 0.3-0.6 sec.

are you blind? paul gets hit on the arm on the last play. please open your eyes and get back to reality.

Bruno
05-14-2014, 02:23 PM
reggie jacksons move pissed me off. he drives to the basket with a wide open KD and Westbrook on his wing and he drives to the basket himself? If he passed it to KD like he should have KD would have flushed it, the game would have gone to OT and OKC would have taken it in their own building with DeAndre fouled out on the bench. instead? Jackson tries to do it himself and this stupid play happened and now here we all are talking about a rigged situation, when in fact OKC did everything they had to do in the final 3 minutes to bring the game back, including Westbrooks steal which lead to the situation we're all discussing now.

freakin' jackson.

The Ooh Child
05-14-2014, 02:25 PM
For years bookmakers have been in on the sports rigging game. Are you kidding me? You are clearly one of those people that needs to believe everything as it's presented or else your worldview collapses so I'm not sure we'll come to terms on this disagreement.

The reason the NBA is able to keep rigging games and shaving points like they do is because its commissioner stamps out dissent, and its devoted fans don't want to believe their sport is compromised. Most fans already know the NBA rigs games and accept it - virtually every long-time NBA fan admits the existence of "star calls," which is another way of saying rigged outcomes. Where people seem to get hung up is whether it's deliberate on the part of the FO. Like I said, it's either incompetence or deliberate - you take your pick but I know where I stand.

A good portion of the country believes Iraq had WMDs still. Does that mean they did? No. A good portion of the country believes its sports monopolies are honest businesses. Does that mean they are? No. That, and the fact that hoodwinking a bunch of people is a lot easier than you think, is why I brought up Iraq.

The plot thickens. So the NBA is not only forcing the best matchups for advertising revenue, but they got a side pot going for their trouble. So how do you think the NBA is laundering the gambling money? Or is the IRS and FBI in on this scheme too?

macc
05-14-2014, 02:26 PM

Your simplicity here is unbelievable. You are presenting no evidence but instead keep repeating yourself like some type of mantra. Just because you say over and over and over again that the NBA is rigged, doesn't mean it is and just saying it isn't providing not one shred of evidence for it. None.

Once again. The NBA is a successful multi billion dollar business. Why would you ruin a good thing with rigging when people are proven to watch regardless of who is in the playoffs or finals. That simply makes no sense. If the game was rigged and someone came out and exposed it, then the NBA would lose credibility. The vast majority of people would simply stop watching it if they knew it was like the WWE where they already have a winner decided before the match starts. As I stated before, the risk is not worth the reward.

Once again you don't see the players, NBA team owners, coaches saying it's rigged. These are the people who are 'directly' affected by the outcomes of games. People lose their jobs every year depending on how far they go into the playoffs or how well they perform during the regular season. These would be the FIRST people to say if the game is rigged since their jobs/careers depend on W's and L's.

You mix that along with the fact that the NBA has incorporated instant reply into the games. Don't you think a league that fixes games would want nothing to do with instant reply? It would make it that much harder to fix a game wouldn't it?

Your logic fails in every way possible.

So for a 3rd time if someone can offer 'evidence' to support their conspiracy then I would entertain it. In the meantime it's simply a bunch of fans seeing a blown call and crying CONSPIRACY. Yet they don't use any rational thought in the sense that it's just very very very hard to officiate basketball. Esp NBA caliber players who know the tricks to get away with calls. Which is another issue all together. We bash refs all day long but when players flop all over the place to fool/trick a ref, you don't see people talking much about that.

Long story short. Evidence or Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bruno
05-14-2014, 02:27 PM
"we got robbed"- doc rivers.

yeah, they blew the call.

but how about you and your team taking responsibility for blowing a 13 point lead over a three minute span. how about CP3 taking responsibility for turning the ball over in the final seconds. how about giving the thunder some credit. jacksons bonehead decision making at the basket is the only reason why rivers gets to cry foul instead of having to just admit that he and his guys blew the lead. they did get robbed but they also blew the lead and collapsed.

flea
05-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Your simplicity here is unbelievable. You are presenting no evidence but instead keep repeating yourself like some type of mantra. Just because you say over and over and over again that the NBA is rigged, doesn't mean it is and just saying it isn't providing not one shred of evidence for it. None.

Once again. The NBA is a successful multi billion dollar business. Why would you ruin a good thing with rigging when people are proven to watch regardless of who is in the playoffs or finals. That simply makes no sense. If the game was rigged and someone came out and exposed it, then the NBA would lose credibility. The vast majority of people would simply stop watching it if they knew it was like the WWE where they already have a winner decided before the match starts. As I stated before, the risk is not worth the reward.

Once again you don't see the players, NBA team owners, coaches saying it's rigged. These are the people who are 'directly' affected by the outcomes of games. People lose their jobs every year depending on how far they go into the playoffs or how well they perform during the regular season. These would be the FIRST people to say if the game is rigged since their jobs/careers depend on W's and L's.

You mix that along with the fact that the NBA has incorporated instant reply into the games. Don't you think a league that fixes games would want nothing to do with instant reply? It would make it that much harder to fix a game wouldn't it?

Your logic fails in every way possible.

So for a 3rd time if someone can offer 'evidence' to support their conspiracy then I would entertain it. In the meantime it's simply a bunch of fans seeing a blown call and crying CONSPIRACY. Yet they don't use any rational thought in the sense that it's just very very very hard to officiate basketball. Esp NBA caliber players who know the tricks to get away with calls. Which is another issue all together. We bash refs all day long but when players flop all over the place to fool/trick a ref, you don't see people talking much about that.

Long story short. Evidence or Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You didn't need to write this many words to continue your sole argument of pressing for more evidence. Is Donaghy not evidence? Mutually agreed upon "star calls" are not evidence? Hilarious that you bring up player silence as evidence, when any officiating criticism by players or coaches is dealt with by swiftly meted out punishment beyond what the NFL or MLB do.

Your argument seems to be that their rigging is not apparent enough for you. But then, they wouldn't be very good and fixing outcomes if it was obvious to someone like you who needs it all laid out, would they? That's fine that you need to believe as you do, but it's not the default mode of thinking you want it to be just because the league says they're totally innocent.

flea
05-14-2014, 02:43 PM
The plot thickens. So the NBA is not only forcing the best matchups for advertising revenue, but they got a side pot going for their trouble. So how do you think the NBA is laundering the gambling money? Or is the IRS and FBI in on this scheme too?

It's a lot less sinister than you assume it has to. That's usually the case when people report on white collar crimes committed out in the open. People don't want to believe it because they've been sticking their heads in the sand. Why do you think we let the financial industry ream us? Why do you think Ponzi schemes not only work, but occur frequently all over the country?

It could be things as innocent as insider information. But at the point when you instruct your officials to make certain calls in advance of the game you open the door for abuse. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or nutjob, I've just seen lots of instances of fraud - and it's a hell of a lot easier than people think.

macc
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
You didn't need to write this many words to continue your sole argument of pressing for more evidence. Is Donaghy not evidence? Mutually agreed upon "star calls" are not evidence? Hilarious that you bring up player silence as evidence, when any officiating criticism by players or coaches is dealt with by swiftly meted out punishment beyond what the NFL or MLB do.

Your argument seems to be that their rigging is not apparent enough for you. But then, they wouldn't be very good and fixing outcomes if it was obvious to someone like you who needs it all laid out, would they? That's fine that you need to believe as you do, but it's not the default mode of thinking you want it to be just because the league says they're totally innocent.

Did you just use Donaghy as evidence? hahahahahahahhaha that's cute. It really is. I listed many reasons why it wouldn't make sense to rig it. You have listed.....nothing. Oh wait...you said Donaghy now. lol You're a typical fan who doesn't understand how businesses work or understand how many people would have to be in on a rigging for it to work. You see a couple bad calls and that's all the convincing you need. I wish my worked as simply as that but unfortunately I have been burdened with this thing called reasonable thinking and rational thought. So i'm sorry but it takes more then my team losing to a team I didn't want to win to convince me the league is rigged. I also think it's cute you didn't refute a single one of my points to why it's not rigged. Maybe you missed them.

Though keep saying it's rigged. I'm sure if you say it enough someone will think that is some type of evidence. Though they prob won't be the smartest people around. Though since you brought up Donaghy, let's pull up a quote from him on 60 min "I did not fix games in the NBA" so if you're going to sort a felon who says things to make money on his book, you might want to actually see what he said first.....juuuust a thought.

flea
05-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks for your input.

east fb knicks
05-14-2014, 02:51 PM
lmao that game wasn't fixed cp3 just choked big time and people talk about melo:facepalm:

tredigs
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
I did not read the thread, but to be clear, we're all agreeing that the league is fixed because CP3 was paid off by the NBA to throw the game, right?

east fb knicks
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
I did not read the thread, but to be clear, we're all agreeing that the league is fixed because CP3 was paid off by the NBA to throw the game, right?

:laugh2:

d00d
05-14-2014, 03:05 PM

Complete BS!!

The FBI settled this years ago.

NBA is no better than the WWE

TheMightyHumph
05-14-2014, 03:06 PM

The FBI? Sure.

The IRS? Maybe.

sens#11fan
05-14-2014, 03:10 PM
LOL, as if baseball and other sports for that matter don't have problems. Look how many players get away with roids in mlb.

gangis2169
05-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Lol I honestly thought Game 4 was worse! the Clips had no business in that game and there were some horrific calls in that game that aided that comeback.

Complete BS!!

Kashmir13579
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Lol people are so dumb.

flea
05-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Lol people are so dumb.

I agree. I just don't get why people would agree that the NBA gives star calls, which is fixing outcomes, but they think nobody would ever fraudulently abuse this fix. I guess everyone here thinks the housing industry is on the up-and-up, too.

Bruno
05-14-2014, 05:01 PM
respect to Chris Paul for taking responsibility. major props, it's important for the leader of the team to own up to a mistake instead of making excuses like his head coach is. paul made a few mistakes in the final minute but I respect that he's man enough to admit it instead of playing the role of the martyr like Doc.

HYFR
05-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Same people saying it's fixed , are the same people in these threads posting/ commenting in every game. Why do u still watch if u honestly feel this way?

mdm692
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Only ignorant mother ****ers talk about one call. How about OKC getting 15 points from the line in opening quarter? DJ fouling out in 19 minutes. Entire starting 5 in foul trouble besides Redick. It was atrocious Reffing all ****ing game.

So when Curry when up for the 3 and CP3 clearly fouled him was that atrocious as well?

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 05:32 PM
So when Curry when up for the 3 and CP3 clearly fouled him was that atrocious as well?

Show me where I said the Clippers haven't gotten a favorable call? Thing is plenty of bad calls went AGAINST the Clippers in the Warriors series as well. Blake fouled out in 17 minutes of game one for example on one questionable foul after another. What can OKC possibly point to this series, where they got shafted by refs?

Game 1 and 4 we won with lights out shooting from 3, not at the free throw line.

mdm692
05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Show me where I said the Clippers haven't gotten a favorable call? Thing is plenty of bad calls went AGAINST the Clippers in the Warriors series as well. Blake fouled out in 17 minutes of game one for example on one questionable foul after another. What can OKC possibly point to this series, where they got shafted by refs?

Game 1 and 4 we won with lights out shooting from 3, not at the free throw line.
And last night you lost because the team choked. Blame the refs all you want but cp3 should of just taken the intentional foul instead of going for a 75 ft shot. Refs or not the Thunder had no business winning this game the Clippers choked. They couldn't close the game out and make shots. If CP3 goes to the line for 2 ft's the lead expands abd makes it near impossible for OKC to win as simple as that.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Some other "missed calls" would've been the two swipes Reggie Jackson took across his arms by Paul and Barnes on the way to the hoop that would have negated that replay all together. Whiners will be whiners, and winners will be winners.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 05:54 PM
And last night you lost because the team choked. Blame the refs all you want but cp3 should of just taken the intentional foul instead of going for a 75 ft shot. Refs or not the Thunder had no business winning this game the Clippers choked. They couldn't close the game out and make shots. If CP3 goes to the line for 2 ft's the lead expands abd makes it near impossible for OKC to win as simple as that.

Are you this dense? To not understand that it's synonymous? It's rarely in life so left or right sided. The Clippers absolutely did contribute to this loss with errors, I said as much already. Thing is... Doc's point (which I agree with) is that even WITH those errors, the Clippers would have won with fair reffing. I agree that if CP3 just stays on the ground and takes the foul, he likely ices it at the line. Thing is the few bad calls before are what made it that dire to begin with. How can you give Westbrook 3 free throws on an idiotic pull up 30 footer with what 17 seconds left in the game? But then ignore CP3 getting fouled twice late in the game, leading to two turnovers?

You guys keep talking about CP3's turnovers but BOTH were fouls. Westbrook INTENTIONALLY hit the dude and he dropped the ball, same with Jackson. It wasn't like he dribbled it off his foot randomly or something.

mdm692
05-14-2014, 06:01 PM
And there were quite a few calls that went the Clips way as well so why nit pick. Players lose games not the refs.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:02 PM

This image sums it up. These two plays are a bigger deal to me than the Reggie Jackson play that should have been a foul anyway.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:03 PM
And there were quite a few calls that went the Clips way as well so why nit pick. Players lose games not the refs.

Mind specifying which ones? Because based on your comments about this game you didn't watch the game and seem clueless. The Clippers got a little more favorable calls in the early-mid 4th quarter after being screwed all game long. Then the end was a royal as* ****ing all together. If you read the game thread alone... look at what non Clippers fans posted and you'll realize it's not just me being a homer.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 06:06 PM

This image sums it up. These two plays are a bigger deal to me than the Reggie Jackson play that should have been a foul anyway.

Answer? One image is shot after the ****ing foul occurred (well played, homers), and the other - as we can see from your own fans thread - was a play that was missed due to your own player obstructing the refs view at precisely the wrong time.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Answer? One image is shot after the ****ing foul occurred (well played, homers), and the other - as we can see from your own fans thread - was a play that was missed due to your own player obstructing the refs view at precisely the wrong time.

A Rockets fan who hates the Clippers and said they felt bad for the Clippers made it. Watch the play in entirety if you want, it's clearly a weak *** foul on that Westbrook 3. Since when have you seen NBA refs reward pullup 30 footers with almost 0 contact with less than 7 seconds left in games? Get back to me when you figure it out. I agree Crawford obstructed the view, so let's talk about the play before where Westbrook got the "steal" as he ran full speed and hit CP3. CP3's a dumbass for jumping, but foul nonetheless. Can't call it for one team and not for another.

Bruno
05-14-2014, 06:14 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ETsrGhf.jpg

thoughts?

i don't know what to think, the images are so conflicting.

Highlanderlaker
05-14-2014, 06:19 PM
It was easily a foul on westbrooks three cp3 slapped him on the elbow but cp3 got mauled down at the other end so cp3 should've been shooting free throws with the chance to go up. But in all honestly the clippers put themselves in position to lose the game. You never ever should expect the refs to help you. Up 7 a minute left you have to put them away and not throw the ball all over the court.

tredigs
05-14-2014, 06:20 PM
A Rockets fan who hates the Clippers and said they felt bad for the Clippers made it. Watch the play in entirety if you want, it's clearly a weak *** foul on that Westbrook 3. Since when have you seen NBA refs reward pullup 30 footers with almost 0 contact with less than 7 seconds left in games? Get back to me when you figure it out. I agree Crawford obstructed the view, so let's talk about the play before where Westbrook got the "steal" as he ran full speed and hit CP3. CP3's a dumbass for jumping, but foul nonetheless. Can't call it for one team and not for another.

It was a 50/50 call at best on the Westbrook/Paul play where Russell stole the ball; you can't expect or complain about that lack of whistle in any circumstance. Just a complete fail by Chris. Lol at "Ran full speed and hit CP3". You make it sound as if he barrelled into the guy; that swipe was about as clean as you could ask for -- even less contact than we saw from the late Matthews steal on Houston to seal that game. You can't even debate with a homer of your level.

And thank God they finally called CP3 on his sneaky 3pt touch fouls late in games. Do you realize how little contact it takes to alter a shot >1 foot from that range? Almost none. If you barely tap a players elbow (as it appears he did) or lightly push his body with your forearm when the shooter is mid-air (I realize he did not have enough time to employ this tactic here), then that player will miss their long range shot 95 times out of 100.

They failed. Move on.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ETsrGhf.jpg

thoughts?

i don't know what to think, the images are so conflicting.

Hmmm... that one looks convincingly like a foul no doubt, but it's one of those angles where I can only see a tiny part of his hand/fingers. Like I said earlier though... if you give him this foul... then at least give CP3 his foul where Westbrook bomb rushed him. Not only did that rob us of 2 points at the FT line possibly, but it led to a fastbreak KD layup. So in actuality it was a 3-4 point swing, not a 2 point swing.

mdm692
05-14-2014, 06:22 PM

It's pointless bro. Homer goggles are on.

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:24 PM
It was a 50/50 call at best on the Westbrook/Paul play where Russell stole the ball; you can't expect or complain about that lack of whistle in any circumstance. Just a complete fail by Chris. Lol at "Ran full speed and hit CP3". You make it sound as if he barrelled into the guy; that swipe was about as clean as you could ask for -- even less contact than we saw from the late Matthews steal on Houston to seal that game. You can't even debate with a homer of your level.

And thank God they finally called CP3 on his sneaky 3pt touch fouls late in games. Do you realize how little contact it takes to alter a shot >1 foot from that range? Almost none. If you barely tap a players elbow (as it appears he did) or lightly push his body with your forearm when the shooter is mid-air (I realize he did not have enough time to employ this tactic here), then that player will miss their long range shot 95 times out of 100.

They failed. Move on.

You can't simply "move on" from a game like this. Which is why every major basketball forum on the web has multiple threads up on the reffing last night. Try being a fan of the team getting shafted to such an obvious degree and then tell me how you feel. You can cry all you want about that one Curry 3 foul that was uncalled, but as a whole that series wasn't favorable to us in the slightest, at least not obviously so.

You say "it's about time they got the call right".... but again would you feel that way if 99 percent of the time they let it go, but the one time they call it.. it's on your team, with 7 seconds left in the game?

Clippersfan86
05-14-2014, 06:25 PM
It's pointless bro. Homer goggles are on.

How about you start watching games before acting like you have the knowledge to talk about this game? Enough recycled ******** and cliches about the Clippers. Or talk of merely one play, with no leg to stand on. You don't know what the fu** you're talking about and it's obvious.

Highlanderlaker
05-14-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't understand how this is simply being blamed completely on the refs. They were up 7 with under a minute left blew it. We're up by 15 or so earlier in the game at some point u have to take certain blame for the loss. Yes the refs did blow some calls but don't put your self in the situation for the calls to matter

todu82
05-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Don't know if the NBA is fixed or not but yeah there's a lot of terrible calls being made.

chicago lulz
05-14-2014, 07:23 PM

What about the illegal screen being set by Blake Griffin?

Zefflin
05-14-2014, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QOVdE_3anU

ThuglifeJ
05-14-2014, 10:15 PM
First thunder game obvious bad, bad calls. Now the heat game. How dumb are these refs tho they make it SO obvious.

Bye bye league pass or any NBA purchases. I'm done supporting this joke of a league. Wwe is no different

Robbw241
05-14-2014, 10:18 PM
It's not fixed, the refs are just lousy.

ThuglifeJ
05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
It's not fixed, the refs are just lousy.

Pretty obvious who they are more lousy for though..

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
First thunder game obvious bad, bad calls. Now the heat game. How dumb are these refs tho they make it SO obvious.

Bye bye league pass or any NBA purchases. I'm done supporting this joke of a league. Wwe is no different

Good riddance, crazy conspiracy theory guy No. 452345345. You will not be missed.

ThaDubs
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Lol the refs have been doing this for years... if you cause the ball to go out by committing a foul that wasn't called they'll give the ball to the person who it was off.

_Gmen_
05-14-2014, 11:35 PM
The NBA is somewhat fixed.

That is factual.

Hangtime
05-14-2014, 11:51 PM
It really doesn't matter what scenario occurs.

It could be Thunder-Heat in the finals and people would say the league wanted a rematch battle between the last two MVP's and NBA greatest players. It could be Spurs-Heat with the league wanting a rematch from last year great finals and last stand for Spurs. Or Clippers in the finals with the great perseverance of all the players uniting because of Donald Sterling and bringing the city of LA together. Or Pacers-Thunder giving Durant an easier way to his title not having to go through Lebron and the Heat. No matter what happens it will be what the league wanted for various conspiracy reasons.

lpdunks8
05-15-2014, 01:45 AM
A couple of things re: fixed NBA:

1. How did Duncan and the boring low-rating Spurs win 4 titles?
2. For the people still complaining about game 6 of 2002 LAL-SAC (Lakers shot 15 more free throws) ; how do you explain game 3 (played in L.A. as well; BTW)? Free throws: Sac 35 LAL 15 Kobe- Fouled out Shaq- 5 fouls

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-15-2014, 02:01 AM
The call in the Heats vs Nets game was pretty ridiculous as well. I mean OBVIOUSLY it's a foul, but they didn't call it. So like they've been doing the entire year, you proceed with just who touched the ball last.

On that play LITERALLY NO ONE ever touched the ball besides Pierce. Lebron hit him straight in the forearm and the ball flew out of bounds. In a critical time of the game how the **** are you gonna say that was the Nets ball lol. That was 10000x times worse than yesterdays call because it's obvious that the non foul call affected their decision.

Zefflin
05-15-2014, 04:32 AM
A couple of things re: fixed NBA:

1. How did Duncan and the boring low-rating Spurs win 4 titles?

^^ Has no understanding of international appeal/revenue/ratings/etc/...and that goes for a lot of you in this thread. I knew that 5 years ago, catch up.

Zefflin
05-15-2014, 04:34 AM
The call in the Heats vs Nets game was pretty ridiculous as well. I mean OBVIOUSLY it's a foul, but they didn't call it. So like they've been doing the entire year, you proceed with just who touched the ball last.

On that play LITERALLY NO ONE ever touched the ball besides Pierce. Lebron hit him straight in the forearm and the ball flew out of bounds. In a critical time of the game how the **** are you gonna say that was the Nets ball lol. That was 10000x times worse than yesterdays call because it's obvious that the non foul call affected their decision.

Lebron especially (and the Heat) knows this and take advantage of it. Obviously the rule should be changed. It's obvious and pathetic.

MickeyMgl
05-15-2014, 05:03 AM

Complete BS!!

Which is the part that solidified the notion that the NBA is a fixed league? Was it where the officials correctly interpreted the rules?

Does not being an NBA fan mean you didn't watch the game? 'Cause TNT quoted a rule that applied to the Jackson-Barnes play perfectly.

JC_
05-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Lol the refs have been doing this for years... if you cause the ball to go out by committing a foul that wasn't called they'll give the ball to the person who it was off.

That's how they've been calling it for years yes but that changed for the last 2 min when they added the under 2min replay. They changed how they've been calling it under 2 min all season for this one play. That's ****ed up.

Munkeysuit
05-15-2014, 06:10 AM
I am not so sure that particular game was fixed, but I do believe that the NBA has had it's share of shady individuals coming and going within the league. I do believe there have been shady referees and officials who "favor" a certain player and or team for reasons still not 100% clear to me, but, I have no doubt that there are some deliberate shadyness going on now and have been for years!
With that being said, I cannot really speak on the OKC vs LAC final moments because the replay wasn't exactly clear enough to make a definite call PLUS CP3 seemingly got fouled on a reach in by Reggie Jackson on the last play of the game, but there was no call.

JC_
05-15-2014, 06:16 AM

Exactly. They were calling it one way this whole season and they completely changed it at the end of the OKC - Clips game. There's no doubt that they decided they needed to cover their ***** and now they are enforcing it, like they did in Miami (eventhough Lebron never even touched Pierce's "hand").

For those who don't understand: Since they started reviewing out of bounds calls (under 2 min), they've ALWAYS called it off the guy who touched it last, regardless of contact. This is different than the rest of the game, where they don't have replay and usually give it back to the team who had it knocked away. They effectively decided to start calling it differently than they've been calling it all season (under 2 min) at the end of the OKC - Clips game.

Method28
05-15-2014, 06:25 AM

Complete BS!!

Which is the part that solidified the notion that the NBA is a fixed league? Was it where the officials correctly interpreted the rules?

Does not being an NBA fan mean you didn't watch the game? 'Cause TNT quoted a rule that applied to the Jackson-Barnes play perfectly.

Actually it didn't. Read the rule again and look at the replay. Barnes hits Jacksons left hand. The ball then hit Jacksons right hand and went out.

Now in the Heat game. Someone told me (I did not watch it myself) that Pierce had the ball with BOTH hands on the ball - LeBron hit his forearm and this caused the ball to go out of bounds. If that's true then this is where that rule would apply.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying its fixed (although its happened before) but my issue is how horrid the refs have been. Call it consistently and evenly, not when you feel like doing so.

Only way I look past this game is if Clips are gifted game 6. I want it to be blatantly in favor of the Clips. I want Ibaka gone in 19 minutes and I want to see LAC with almost a double ft advantage while shooting mostly jumpers. Then I'll forget this ever happened.

What's a Lil frustrating to read from people are the ones saying "dey was up 7 with only 1 min left. Dey suld win DA game newayzzz."

The events were set into motion BECAUSE of the calls. The "choke job" doesn't happen with the horrible calls.

Oh well. I'm pretty sure everyone is tired of talking about this bs now. These are my last comments on this issue. I just the NBA improves upon the jobs these refs have done all season long. Just disgraceful.

JC_
05-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Now in the Heat game. Someone told me (I did not watch it myself) that Pierce had the ball with BOTH hands on the ball - LeBron hit his forearm and this caused the ball to go out of bounds. If that's true then this is where that rule would apply.

No, the rule says "hand". Lebron slapped the **** out of Pierce's forearm and the ball went out of bounds. They did not call a foul, so it should have been Heat ball unless of course they wanted to keep consistent with the call they botched the night before.

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 07:50 AM
If the NBA was fixed the Celtics and Lakers would be amongst the best teams every year...they generate ratings (whether you watch to root for them to win or to lose), they are the 2 most important historical teams in league history. I'd also think the Knicks would be a hair worse than the Lakers and Celtics just to have excite in NY but not have them overtake the all time teams.

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2014, 07:53 AM
The NBA is somewhat fixed.

That is factual.

First this is clearly an alt.

Second I don't think you know what fixed or factual means

PurpleLynch
05-15-2014, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7UDP3wfE4 Some insight from an ex Nba's ref on Okc-Lac,all the crucial plays too.

Dade County
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM

Complete BS!!

You didn't think the league was rigged before this? WTF.

I'm not even going to try...smh

Da Knicks
05-15-2014, 04:13 PM
If the NBA was fixed the Celtics and Lakers would be amongst the best teams every year...they generate ratings (whether you watch to root for them to win or to lose), they are the 2 most important historical teams in league history. I'd also think the Knicks would be a hair worse than the Lakers and Celtics just to have excite in NY but not have them overtake the all time teams.

Questions- what two teams have the most championships in the nba? Lakers, Celtics

What arena in the nba sells out even if the team is bad? Knicks

I like most knick fans have not watched any playoff games to show that we want to watch our team not who they want us to watch.

The nba is fake and it's enjoyable if you view it that way. Miami couldn't keep attendance even after wade and oneal got them a chip so the nba needed to work on that. The spurs have the international players so more of the world can tune in.

They try to market the best they can but just like wwe they choose questionable guys to be the stars.

Muttman73
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=bathroom_man;28490342]No. Heat spurs game 6 finals was.[/QUOTE

Still makes me sick to think about that one, a championship STOLEN

USMCLaker
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes the league is fixed in a way so that the best teams wins and the losing team complains about the refs after every game.

JasonJohnHorn
05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
If the NBA is fixed, does that mean that it is broken?

superwill
05-15-2014, 09:39 PM
So who's in on the fix someone please explain

sens#11fan
05-15-2014, 09:43 PM
LOL, saw the bballbreakdown video for those complaining about cp3 getting fouled, please watch the part in which griffin had an illegal screen and dragged sefolosha from the three point line all the way to the paint.

sens#11fan
05-15-2014, 09:47 PM
If the NBA is fixed why didn't the lakers win a ring with Dwight and Kobe? Why didn't the league approve CP3 going to the lakers? Why did Miami loose to mavericks a couple years ago in the finals. I agree, to some level their is favourism, however, that applies everywhere in the real world.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Prove it.

superwill
05-15-2014, 10:03 PM
If the NBA is fixed why haven't the Knicks won a championship since the 70s hell Boston was trash in the 90s up in til 2008 the Knicks haven't had a top draft pick since Ewing

albertajaysfan
05-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Oh man thank god. Anyone know who broke it?

In all seriousness though I think saying it is a total fix is ridiculous. Should something be done about rampant poor officiating? I definitely think so.

Will the NBA do anything about it on their own? I doubt it, it isn't exactly anything new.

What as fans can we do? I ask this as a serious question that I am curious to hear suggestions/ideas.

Picket outside of arenas?
Get some bloggers on board to systematically blog about the issue?
I am sure there are others.

What would you as a fan be willing to do? We all obviously love this game or else we wouldn't bother watching anymore.

P.S. I do believe there is organization to it. I really hope that the whole league isn't involved. I hope that there are some refs with gambling problems or something, nothing more. I doubt it is that 'innocent' though. I use that term loosely obviously but in comparison to league wide corruption in fixing games it stands up.

superwill
05-15-2014, 10:16 PM
For the NBA to be fixed the owner's would have to be in on it all 30 including Donald Sterling so its no way they would ban a owner if they were fixing games,why any other ref came out beside Tim the snake

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Ruining a game, and a series and a potential title run.

Learn how to get refs that can see.

goingfor28
05-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Are all of your threads troll threads ?

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 01:40 AM

What are you even talking about?

More-Than-Most
05-16-2014, 01:42 AM
He isnt wrong... The final 2 games of the Clippers/Thunder series were poorly officiated and bias towards the Thunder. I think the Thunder are the better team but the officiating needs to be held accountable regardless

goingfor28
05-16-2014, 01:45 AM
And I wanted LAC to win but clips blew game 5 themselves and then tonight's offense just disappeared. Refs we not good but not the reason for the L's

More-Than-Most
05-16-2014, 01:46 AM
And I wanted LAC to win but clips blew game 5 themselves and then tonight's offense just disappeared. Refs we not good but not the reason for the L's

I agree... I dont think the clips deserved to win with how they played and clearly the thunder are the better team. I just think the officiating was beyond bad

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 01:53 AM
There were 4 blatantly wrong calls at the very end of the game.

Don't get me started on the Heat games.

Again how am I always trolling?

sep11ie
05-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Rockets were raped 90% of their series too.

Red_Pill
05-16-2014, 01:55 AM
And yet, we still watch.

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 01:56 AM
And yet, we still watch.

I'm a basketball fan.

IversonIsKrazy
05-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Refs need to start getting penalized or something. Its getting ridic.

I mean it's logic: You learn from mistakes better when there are consequences as opposed to when there are not.

They should make a comittee that reviews games, rate refs performances from 1(being worst) to 5(being best). Only refs with the higher scores should continue refereeing while others dont.

Obviously this is a rough idea, but there should be some sort of system that penalizes referee mistakes, especially those who are horrendous or keep making numerous mistakes.

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 01:58 AM
The NBA loves bad refs.

Supreme LA
05-16-2014, 02:00 AM
I agree... I dont think the clips deserved to win with how they played and clearly the thunder are the better team. I just think the officiating was beyond bad

This.

grandsalami
05-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Refs can **** the bed and nothing happens. BUT DONT YOU DARE QUESTION a ref or you get a fine….. Such ********

Supreme LA
05-16-2014, 02:01 AM

The officiating was fine that series. If anything, I think you're just use to seeing Harden get touch fouls or calls from a head jerk but that weak **** doesn't fly in the postseason.

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2014, 02:10 AM
The officiating was fine that series. If anything, I think you're just use to seeing Harden get touch fouls or calls from a head jerk but that weak **** doesn't fly in the postseason.

Ditto.

mngopher35
05-16-2014, 02:23 AM

Pretty much this. It was poorly officiated but the Clippers still had plenty of chances, especially game 5. Would have loved a game 7, but o well.

numba1CHANGsta
05-16-2014, 02:24 AM
NBA is runed by the illuminati

beasted86
05-16-2014, 02:27 AM

I mean it's logic: You learn from mistakes better when there are consequences as opposed to when there are not.

They should make a comittee that reviews games, rate refs performances from 1(being worst) to 5(being best). Only refs with the higher scores should continue refereeing while others dont.

Obviously this is a rough idea, but there should be some sort of system that penalizes referee mistakes, especially those who are horrendous or keep making numerous mistakes.
Everything you said already exists

IKnowHoops
05-16-2014, 03:40 AM

Something Ive noticed. Rarely do I read a thread where you don't occupy the #2 post. Not hating or mad at you, just an observation.

That was an exaggeration but I would bet money that you have the most #2 slotted posts of any user on PSD. Again not mad or hating, just an observation. Its cool and funny.

IKnowHoops
05-16-2014, 03:46 AM

Joe Budden is one of the worst rappers in history. Below MC Brains.

IKnowHoops
05-16-2014, 03:48 AM

Also DMX, Method Man, Big Pun, Outkast and probably about 10 more are above Ice Cube.

Ebbs
05-16-2014, 04:00 AM

Yea by the Blazers :laugh:

mngopher35
05-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Yea by the Blazers :laugh:

hahaha. I think that while the refs weren't great in that series either, it evened out more. It seemed more one sided in this one. Either way the team that should have won in both series did imo.

Iron24th
05-16-2014, 04:29 AM
then don't watch

_Gmen_
05-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Something Ive noticed. Rarely do I read a thread where you don't occupy the #2 post. Not hating or mad at you, just an observation.

That was an exaggeration but I would bet money that you have the most #2 slotted posts of any user on PSD. Again not mad or hating, just an observation. Its cool and funny.

I honestly have no idea what you're even trying to say in your post.