PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time ReDraft (4) Santa Monica vs (5) Seattle

killthesux
05-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Hello Everyone. Welcome to the NBA All-time redraft playoffs. These will be a battle between two made up teams from our host of GMs in to see who reigns superiority over all of basketball. There is a slight twist in this All-time: each team has a starter from each decade. Please read the write-ups and vote for who you think would win in a 7 game series.

Santa Monica

PG: Chauncey Billups || Byron Scott || Damian Lillard
SG: Drazen Petrovic || Michael Cooper
SF: Scottie Pippen|| Kiki Vandeweghe
PF: Horace Grant|| A.C. Green || Tom Heinsohn
C: Moses Malone || P.J. Brown

vs

Seattle

Rotation:
PG: Terry Porter (36) | Danny Ainge (12) | Scott Skiles (0)
SG: Dwyane Wade (42) | Dale Ellis (6)
SF: Shawn Marion (36) | Dale Ellis (12)
PF: Rasheed Wallace (30) | Lamar Odom (18) | Mo Lucas (0)
C: Robert Parish (38) | Rasheed Wallace (8) | Vlade Divac (2) | Vern Mikkelsen (0)

Santa Monica has Home Court Advantage

Neither side has submitted a write up*

killthesux
05-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Im going to wait on voting till I see some argument

KnicksorBust
05-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Santa Monica advances comfortably.

Mr. Baller
05-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Seattle has Wade. I like Wade. Seattle wins.

todu82
05-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Seattle.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately, I was hoping my Co could do a write-up since I've literally been awake for 2 straight days working on Finals and Term Papers but it looks like he wasn't able to submit one. I'll cobble together something later tonight (assuming I don't fall asleep which I might...) on why we match up well with Seattle.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-13-2014, 07:51 PM
But a very very very quick simplistic post on why we have the advantage:
Billups > Porter
Pippen > Marion
Moses > Parish

So we hold a pretty big advantage at 3 different positions. Obviously, they have Wade but we also have 1 DPOY Michael Cooper who we can stick on Wade to attempt to lock him down.

Also, for those who like championships and all-defensive teams, we have over 30 of each on our team including 17 ships in our starting lineup. Obviously Seattle has a ton of ships on their roster to but they simply can't compete with that.

Much more and quality to come later...

KnicksorBust
05-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Seattle has Wade. I like Wade. Seattle wins.

Nice sig.

Seriously I loved the Wade pick. I gave it an A+ in my power rankings but two simple points swing it for me:

#1.) Outside of Wade, what other all-time players can carry that team? Parish is a 3/4 option, Marion + Sheed is a 4/5 option and Porter is a bubble starter.
#2.) Can you imagine a better way to stop Wade than by alternating Scottie Pippen (million x all-defensive 1st teamer) and Michael Cooper (former DPOY) on him?

Love Santa Monica and how they match-up here.

Mr. Baller
05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Nice sig.

Seriously I loved the Wade pick. I gave it an A+ in my power rankings but two simple points swing it for me:

#1.) Outside of Wade, what other all-time players can carry that team? Parish is a 3/4 option, Marion + Sheed is a 4/5 option and Porter is a bubble starter.
#2.) Can you imagine a better way to stop Wade than by alternating Scottie Pippen (million x all-defensive 1st teamer) and Michael Cooper (former DPOY) on him?

Love Santa Monica and how they match-up here.

Mix it up with the sig already, its gotten old. We in basketball season now. I know Santa Monica would win but have to give D-Wade some love. Plus I wanted to vote before I have to read the world's longest writeup by PSK

Sadds The Gr8
05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Santa Monica but they shoulda started Cooper in this matchup

Shammyguy3
05-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Santa Monica can put 3 guys on Wade in this series (Billups, Cooper, and Pippen). A really bad matchup for Seattle.

TrueFan420
05-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Hey can someone switch my vote accidentally voted Seattle meant Santa Monica

The_Jamal
05-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Sorry PSK, RL got in the way for me too :( Why cant we get paid to play PSD redraft games?

But anyway, this is a horrid match-up for Seattle. Every 2nd Wade is on the floor, he will have Cooper or Pippen on him. And the beauty is, we can keep both guys fresh, while Wade has to deal with legendary defenders while on the floor.

Seattle needs a huge advantage at SG in order to win. They simply don't have anyone else who can take over a series. Grant-Wallace can play each other to a virtual tie. Our top 3 options have pretty sizable advantages over their counterparts with Billups> Porter Pippen>Marion Moses>Parish

This would be a defensive battle for sure, but we feel we have good advantages all over the floor. Billups, Scott, Drazen all provide elite floor spacing. Moses-Pippen-Billups is an incredibly balanced offensive hierarchy that would actually be plausible to succeed. Billups-Cooper-Pippen are all fantastic playmakers for their positions. Moses is the most dominant player in the series.

Matter.
05-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Santa Monica should win !!

The_Jamal
05-13-2014, 11:49 PM
So Official 11-3?

PatsSoxKnicks
05-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Santa Monica but they shoulda started Cooper in this matchup

Yeah we were planning to but didn't get a chance to discuss/submit a write-up. But yeah, we'd start Cooper here so we effectively have an all-time defender on Seattle's best offensive player.

AP=MVP
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM
SM dominates this, Wade was Seattles only hope and Coop+Pip will take care of that

Matter.
05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Bump

KnicksorBust
05-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Petrovic vs. Cooper will be an interesting decision in the next match-up...

valade16
05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I voted Santa Monica. Having Cooper and Pippen to harrass Wade puts pressure on Porter and Marion and neither were really exceptional at creating their own shots.

I liked Seattle's team I just think they drew a terrible matchup as Santa Monica has all the ingredients needed to beat them.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Petrovic vs. Cooper will be an interesting decision in the next match-up...

Yeah, thats something Jamal and I will discuss. Not really sure which way we'll go but at the moment, I like Petrovic to start. Could change once we break things down though.

Had we submitted a write-up, we probably start Cooper in this series but the next one, assuming it's Skaro who advances, will be very interesting.

killthesux
05-15-2014, 06:52 PM
bump

Ebbs
05-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Santa Monica in 5.