PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers' FA value

arlubas
05-13-2014, 05:37 AM
Do you think there will be teams going after him and will the Heat pay up to return him to the team? In the end does he deserve a more upgraded role in your opinion, whether on the Heat or some other team, or is he just what he does now: a pretty good role player with clutch shooting? Is he capable of being a more deadly offensive weapon or is he just the right fit for a team like this Heat squad?

krrys11
05-13-2014, 08:50 AM
For me he was always only a shooter.

I would not be suprised if Knicks go for him....if they hire Kerr and play triangle.

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2014, 09:28 AM
No. They won't. If they sign him, Miami might pick up an even better point guard (which is very likely).

The Heat might keep him because he's familiar with the system, but I don't see other teams chasing after him.

HYFR
05-13-2014, 09:28 AM
If he asking for too much, I'm sure the heat will say bye bye real quick. They could pretty easily plug in a 3 and D type at his spot. That's all he's asked to do

NYKnickFanatic
05-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Well... Ibaka's teammate's arm banged into Ibaka's and launched it forward... I dunno if that was intentional.

NYKnickFanatic
05-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Heat will re-sign him.

Kenny
05-13-2014, 09:55 AM
If he asking for too much, I'm sure the heat will say bye bye real quick. They could pretty easily plug in a 3 and D type at his spot. That's all he's asked to do

Not anywhere near as easy as you think for the point guard spot. What suggestions do you have that are a upgrade without paying top dollar. Chalmers value is highest to the Heat which is why I think he would stay. Also I don't see anybody else available that is as good a fit.

Dade County
05-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Do you think there will be teams going after him

:laugh:

Kushed
05-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure teams will be too high on him. He definitely benefits by playing with the best player in the league. Having bron, bosh, and Wade allows him to do things. He would suck on another team.

slashsnake
05-13-2014, 11:07 AM
I could see him pushing for 5-6 mil a year. Derek Fisher in Golden State kind of money.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2014, 11:09 AM
He's worth about 3 mil

ATX
05-13-2014, 11:16 AM
He's worth about 3 mil

He makes 4 million this season, and is worth every penny to his team. I would not be surprised if he was offered something like 5/30. That will make for a tough decision for the Heat.

Tony_Starks
05-13-2014, 11:18 AM
About 5 milli on a contender, more on a scrub team. I think Miami keeps him. Dudes been playing solid D and hitting clutch shots since college and it translated to the NBA.

That's not that easy to come by, especially in a pg.

RipCity32
05-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Ill take him over Jennings.

Tony_Starks
05-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Ill take him over Jennings.

Lol. I went on a limb for my boy Jennings and he killed me this season....

cmellofan15
05-13-2014, 11:53 AM
the Knicks are whores, they'll try it.

Method28
05-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I think Chalmers value plummets on a non contender. He is not good enough to make a big enough difference on a **** team.

Miami could easily upgrade his position. I wouldn't want Chalmers to take on more of a role on a lesser team, that just spells failure of a season to me.

FlashBolt
05-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Chalmers has serious potential. He could easily be a 15/7 player. Obviously playing in Miami will limit his production but he's definitely worth the money. He has bad games here and there but he's big game Chalmers. I don't think Miami will resign him. He's most likely looking for big money and Miami can't afford to pay him if they want to keep Bron, Bosh, and Wade.

nycericanguy
05-13-2014, 12:20 PM
the Knicks are whores, they'll try it.

he;d def be an upgrade over Felton, and he's a good fit in the triangle where the PG isn't asked to do all the playmaking.

Knicks can only offer the MMLE though and MIA would likely match that.

TylerSL
05-13-2014, 12:46 PM
He will probably want a pay increase which as a player he does deserve, but seeing as how we are cash strapped, I'm hoping it is not too much of one. A couple years ago he wanted a pay increase after his rookie contract and ended up getting 4 million/year for 2 years. Now I believe he will want something like 5.5-7 million/year for at least 3 years, which he would be worth that.

Chalmers is not going anywhere in the offseason. He loves playing here with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and they wont leave, so he wont leave. Even though we have those star players, Chalmers is still a huge part of what we do. He is the starting point guard and he is often in the game late ,he has made a career out of hitting big shots, he has the ability to drive into the lane, he is a really good defender as he always gets his hands in the passing lanes, and he spaces the floor for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Aside from keeping the Big 3, Chalmers will be the next priority in the offseason.

If Chalmers was the starter on a bad team and could basically shoot when he wanted to he would probably average about 15-17 PPG. Basically I think Chalmers would be equivalent to Jrue Holiday.

I think we bring him back for something like 4 years 23 million (5.75 million annually)

sep11ie
05-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd give'm tree dowwas

FlashBolt
05-13-2014, 01:21 PM
He will probably want a pay increase which as a player he does deserve, but seeing as how we are cash strapped, I'm hoping it is not too much of one. A couple years ago he wanted a pay increase after his rookie contract and ended up getting 4 million/year for 2 years. Now I believe he will want something like 5.5-7 million/year for at least 3 years, which he would be worth that.

Chalmers is not going anywhere in the offseason. He loves playing here with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and they wont leave, so he wont leave. Even though we have those star players, Chalmers is still a huge part of what we do. He is the starting point guard and he is often in the game late ,he has made a career out of hitting big shots, he has the ability to drive into the lane, he is a really good defender as he always gets his hands in the passing lanes, and he spaces the floor for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Aside from keeping the Big 3, Chalmers will be the next priority in the offseason.

If Chalmers was the starter on a bad team and could basically shoot when he wanted to he would probably average about 15-17 PPG. Basically I think Chalmers would be equivalent to Jrue Holiday.

I think we bring him back for something like 4 years 23 million (5.75 million annually)

Miami is not going to offer him that. With the current construction of the team, serious changes have to be made or they won't continue winning. Wade looked horrible last night. It almost seemed as if he's actually done. All that rest won't help him and Heat just have to accept that he's never going to get better. Bosh is too inconsistent. Makes big plays but they wouldn't have to resort to making those big plays if he steps up and does his part. James is the only consistent player and does everything for that team much like the Cleveland days. If I won a ring, I would convince my teammates to sign for less and try to snag Melo. Yes, it's possible for Miami to get Melo if Wade signs for 10m, Bosh 12m, LeBron 15m, Melo 16m. I doubt they'll do that but it would be great to see.

TylerSL
05-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Miami is not going to offer him that. With the current construction of the team, serious changes have to be made or they won't continue winning. Wade looked horrible last night. It almost seemed as if he's actually done. All that rest won't help him and Heat just have to accept that he's never going to get better. Bosh is too inconsistent. Makes big plays but they wouldn't have to resort to making those big plays if he steps up and does his part. James is the only consistent player and does everything for that team much like the Cleveland days. If I won a ring, I would convince my teammates to sign for less and try to snag Melo. Yes, it's possible for Miami to get Melo if Wade signs for 10m, Bosh 12m, LeBron 15m, Melo 16m. I doubt they'll do that but it would be great to see.

We are not getting Melo. I do believe however, that Lebron/Wade/Bosh will all opt out of their current contracts. Wade will resign for about 5 years 60 million (12 million annually), Bosh will resign 5 years 72 million (14.4 million) and LeBron will sign 5 years 125 million (25 million/year). In Lebron's case, that would be just under max money. 4 years ago Lebron/Wade were equivalent and Bosh just came off a 24/11 year, so he was seen as a near max guy also. Now, Lebron is the star as Wade and Bosh have either regressed or taken different roles. They are still primary guys on the team, but they are not on Lebron's level so they should not make the money he does. I think they will understand that and act accordingly in the offseason.

Sure they could be selfish but if they want to continue to win, they will take less money. With that in mind I absolutely believe we offer Chalmers that contract.

king4day
05-13-2014, 02:41 PM

I would not be suprised if Knicks go for him....if they hire Kerr and play triangle.

I think this is a good thought. Not sure if they can afford him though.
I believe he'll end up getting 3-5mil per season. Knicks won't have a full Mid-Level to use. He'd for well there though.

In the end, I believe he'll re-sign with Miami.

king4day
05-13-2014, 02:41 PM

I think this is a good thought. Not sure if they can afford him though.
I believe he'll end up getting 3-5mil per season. Knicks won't have a full Mid-Level to use. He'd fit well there though.

In the end, I believe he'll re-sign with Miami.

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 03:27 PM
If the Heat are smart, they let Chalmers walk and go after Kyle Lowry.

Lowry
Wade
James
Bosh
Filler

Bruno
05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
full MLE is his absolute ceiling.

king4day
05-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Lowry
Wade
James
Bosh
Filler

I think this will work if the big 3 take a significant paycut. He's going to get 10-12 per most likely.
That would add some dynamic to that roster though.

utl768
05-13-2014, 03:45 PM
he has more value to miami then anyone else and i doubt he is going to hop off the miami train when he is basically guarenteed a championship run every year

ChitownSports16
05-13-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure teams will be too high on him. He definitely benefits by playing with the best player in the league. Having bron, bosh, and Wade allows him to do things. He would suck on another team.
This...

Shammyguy3
05-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I could see Chalmers winding up in Toronto if Lowry leaves, Atlanta if they trade Teague, MIN if they trade Rubio, SAC if they lose Thomas in FA, LAL outright, and of course returning to Miami. All of these situations outside of Miami/LA aren't likely though imo

IversonIsKrazy
05-13-2014, 08:18 PM
He'd suck on other teams, saying that right now. His percentages and what he can do is based on the fact that his teammates attract so much attention. Miami can easily pick up something better if he asks for too much.

Tony_Starks
05-13-2014, 08:52 PM
People think he benefits on Miami but in reality it's just the opposite. He's not even the 4th option, he's the "if nobody else can get a shot and we give you the ball you better make it" option. Basically the younger version of Derrick Fisher role. AND he still hits clutch buckets.

Any pg you plug in is not going to wow you with numbers because its not a traditional role on their team. The ball is in either Lebron or Wades hands 80% of the time and everyone else is either spotting up or crashing boards....

On a regular team he still wouldn't be spectacular but very respectable, like a 15 and 7 guy.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2014, 11:01 PM
I think people overvalue him because he is on such a great team and has no defenses paying attention to him. He's a average starter, great rotational player. Like I said, 3-4 mil is his worth, but some team may overpay him

MonroeFAN
05-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Mario Chalmers is a below average starting point guard. I think there is a market for him, but nothing Miami would be unwilling to match.

therealwd27
05-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Considering a lot PGs make more than him currently he will get paid.

To name the few that stand out
Steve Blake, Jeremy Lin, Luke Ridnour, Jose Barera, Jose Calderon, Rodney Stuckey, Ramon Sessions

Chalmers is the 30th highest paid PG in the NBA, his contributions are big for the Heat someone will pay him Atleast 5 Million per year

IKnowHoops
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM

Lowry
Wade
James
Bosh
Filler

Agreed. Chalmers is garbage. Dude is one of the worst decision makers in basketball. And he is so inconsistent. The best thing that could happen to the Heat is that Chalmers goes somewhere else and they upgrade to a Lowry/Kemba type player. Chalmers can't even distribute on this team. He can't make plays on a consistent basis. He's awful. I think Norris a a definite backup pg and I like him in that role. The heat need an upgrade at PG, a real PG who can average 8-10 ASST a game, who is super quick and can really run the offense. I'd love for Chalmers to leave.

On another note, I think the Heat should maybe break up the band after this year. Wade will obviously stay until he is retired. But Bron and Bosh should move on to other teams that are constructed around them or at least able to take total advantage of there skillets.

Bosh could stay in miami and then the team could make a run at a top notch PG and the would be very good. Bron should go with the clippers and CP3 should go to the Heat. Can't replace Bron but to have a guy like paul making Wade and bosh better would keep them at the top of the east because they would both be better with Chris than with Bron.

Lob city would go to another level with Bron and they would win the west for sure.

Clippers vs Heat finals.

SeoulBeatz
05-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Lol I thought this was a joke thread.

Chalmers is a glorified Boobie Gibson.

If the Heat could've upgraded the PG spot by now, they would've.

I'm sure they'll replace him whenever they get the chance.

Tony_Starks
05-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Lowry would be wasted on the Heat. So would Walker. They need the ball in their hands to be effective and that ain't happening.

Better off where they are.

FriedTofuz
05-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Mario is literally the last guy they defend on the floor. Heat will ditch him just like they did to Mike Miller because of financial reasons.

FriedTofuz
05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I could see Chalmers winding up in Toronto if Lowry leaves, Atlanta if they trade Teague, MIN if they trade Rubio, SAC if they lose Thomas in FA, LAL outright, and of course returning to Miami. All of these situations outside of Miami/LA aren't likely though imo

Vasquez is better than Chalmers and he plays backup PG, it aint happenin.

_Gmen_
05-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Maybe 3 mil a season.

Pakman
05-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Chalmers is terrible. End of story.