PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me ???!!!!!! Ibaka not fined or suspended

mzgrizz
05-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
Thunder F Serge Ibaka will not be fined or suspended for hitting Clippers F Blake Griffin in the groin in Game 4, a source told Yahoo Sports

Twitter

Posted 3 hours ago:

Well, I'll be. Hitting Griffin in the little head does not = smushing Adams in his big head???? Seriously? Oh, wait........maybe there IS a big NBA plan to crown the Thunder champs.
This makes me want to :puke:

Video of hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3tRhj9A7Y

FlashBolt
05-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Ibaka is one of the dirtiest players in the game. This isn't the first time he's done this. I don't know what he's doing out there purposely hitting people. Pisses me off... Hate watching him on this team because of such dirty plays.

HYFR
05-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Falcon punch to the nuts lol

Avenged
05-12-2014, 11:17 PM
It's more shocking that you're surprised.

MrfadeawayJB
05-12-2014, 11:22 PM
NBA agendas become more and more obvious as the games pass. They claim that the ibaka nut punch was "accidental" :laugh2:

youngbey
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM
better not suspended so in the event if clippers win series, no one can say that ibaka suspended had to do with it

kdspurman
05-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Mzgrizz, I'm sure you're not really surprised. The league is a total joke sometimes, they show clear favoritism. It's unfortunate for fans, but it's worse that we are growing accustomed to their antics.

5ass
05-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Link?

zn23
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Here's the clip for those that didn't see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3tRhj9A7Y

Ibaka should definitely be suspended for this... Perkins pushed him, so the natural reaction is to throw a right hook into Griffin's nuts? You can clearly see him winding up that right hand.

The reason he wasn't suspended was probably because he didn't close his hand and make a fist. That's the way the NBA determines if something is punishable.

kdspurman
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Link?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serge-ibaka-won-t-be-punished-for-hitting-blake-griffin-in-groin-233601553.html

JC_
05-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Definite penetration on that one.

5ass
05-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the links. I dont know about a suspension. Perkins pushes him.

5ass
05-13-2014, 12:38 AM
If it was only a few cm to the left or right, we wouldn't even be talking about it. I wouldn't call suspension on that.

Iggz53
05-13-2014, 12:43 AM
Love this youtube comment :laugh2:: "That was all ball"

Crackadalic
05-13-2014, 01:09 AM
So they suspend zbo but not ibaka? Nba sucking okc off really hard and I don't normally go out my way to say **** like this

Saddletramp
05-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Honestly, someone isn't going to hit someone else on purpose with their wrist while their fist is open. Ibaka is a dirty player and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on purpose, but I don't know. I can't call that a nut punch in clear conscience. Plus, Griffin kind of forearm smashed Ibaka right before so it's probably a wash.

Cracka2HI!
05-13-2014, 02:36 AM
I don't think the plays warrants a suspension but it's worse than what Z-Bo did so I guess it does. When you look at the fact Ibaka already nailed Griffin in his nuts once and Z-Bo was suspended for BS it does look like the league is playing favorites.

tredigs
05-13-2014, 02:59 AM
Randolph shove/punched Adams then went after him looking for a fight. You guys are clueless if you think these two situations are equal. I DO think Ibaka's was on purpose, but it is a little tougher to prove (curling his wrist and not actually punching him was a smart last second decision that probably saved him), and he also helped his cause by not further instigating anything (unlike Randolph chasing after Adams across the court).

Neither decision shocks me at all, they're both the most likely scenario and that has nothing to do with what teams they play for.

Iodine
05-13-2014, 03:02 AM
Randolph shove/punched Adams then went after him looking for a fight. You guys are clueless if you think these two situations are equal. I DO think Ibaka's was on purpose, but it is a little tougher to prove (curling his wrist and not actually punching him was a smart last second decision that probably saved him), and he also helped his cause by not further instigating anything (unlike Randolph chasing after Adams across the court).

Neither decision shocks me at all, they're both the most likely scenario and that has nothing to do with what teams they play for.

Welp, I guess things have not changed all that much

tredigs
05-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Welp, I guess things have not changed all that much

I am positive you did not expect differently. But, that is half the fun after all.

Great to see ya kid!

Iodine
05-13-2014, 03:18 AM
I am positive you did not expect differently. But, that is half the fun after all.

Great to see ya kid!
Oh I could never expect anything else from the cesspool of hot takes that is the NBA forum. Really we should just salt the earth at this point.

Eh, I'm drunk and bored, so my life choices that led me back here are fitting enough

Clippersfan86
05-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Guys... The NBA didn't suspend Ibaka for his much worse, nutshot on Griffin last year, so of course they won't now. RefKC aka Chokelahoma City Refs... Are the NBA's golden boys. They would be the last team punished. As others said in here, Ibaka has a history of dirty plays.

sweet-d
05-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Yeah didn't Blake Shove Ibaka in the groin first to get open though and it was obviously an intentional shove. Ibaka did rack Blake in the nuts but Blake did shove Ibaka that's why it's obvious Ibaka intentionally hit Blake. Basically two players that BOTH play dirty hit each other in the nuts.

SeoulBeatz
05-13-2014, 07:20 AM
I hadn't seen the play until now, and it actually looks like Perkins pushes Ibaka's arm in this one. If you're only looking at Ibaka's arm the whole time it looks like he punches him intentionally. But I thought this was going to be a lot more blatant before I saw the replay.

Watch Perkins' arms before the punch, he kind of pushes Ibaka's arm away from him and it unfortunately nails Griffin square the in the nuts. I think it was 50-50 because Serge probably could've done more to miss.

People are overreacting.

Neither this nor the Randolph suspension were warranted.

sep11ie
05-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Dang, right in the vag.

ThuglifeJ
05-13-2014, 08:16 AM
So how was Blair's actually unintentional kick to splitter a suspension? That one was impactful to 2 games Mavs had chances to win

beyourself
05-13-2014, 08:19 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Ihsahn-Why-So-Salty.jpg

therealwd27
05-13-2014, 08:24 AM
the Thunder won't win the finals no matter the outcome of this series anyways. But that being said messed up how Randolph got suspended and Ibaka has a history of being a dirty player, should've Atleast got fined. Same thing as last year and he didn't get suspended for that either

Daze9900
05-13-2014, 08:37 AM
So they suspend zbo but not ibaka? Nba sucking okc off really hard and I don't normally go out my way to say **** like this

So stupid, the fans see what they wanna see sometimes. I don't care about either team. The NBA got this one right. Despite Ibaka's track record for intentionally doing people dirty this one was accidental but I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it. In this incident he gets pushed by perkins and you could see when he makes contacts he daggers Griffin's knots with the top of his wrist as if he was going for the rake/strip of the ball rather than a block as Griffin was going up. In their past incident(s) Ibaka goes all out with the closed/open fists. Why would he try to hit someone someone hard with the top of his wrist? He could have broken his hand. Fans who see it as intentional either are giving him way too much credit to have the wear with all to sneak in a cheap shot the millisecond he got pushed from behind or you think he's stupid to do something like that in a playoff game on national tv and risk a suspension. As you can see with Adam Silver it is a NWO so please go home with that NBA has an agenda and are fixing things. Tim Donogy is not walking through that door. If your team lost it's because they lost.

BALLER R
05-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Perkins pushed him and if he did punch him on purpose he could of ****ed up his wrist. I've seen Ibaka do worst and I don't think he did that on purpose.

shauneazy
05-13-2014, 09:02 AM
The NBA would look silly and wouldn't be able to promote their games if OKC gets eliminated. Why do you think Zbo got eliminated for the game 7, yet Paul George didn't? They couldn't dare have their best teams get eliminated first round.. especially KD accepting the MVP while not even playing.

Same situation here .. they can't lose the storyline "KD vs Lebron" and have a chance of the MVP going home against the Clips.. you kidding me? Who's going to want to watch the playoffs then besides the NBA fanatics? You know the majority of playoff viewers are there to watch KD or Lebron in the first place. As I saw someone said earlier, "I'm more surprised that you're surprised"

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Well... Ibaka's teammate's arm banged into Ibaka's and launched it forward... I dunno if that was intentional.

kingjaymes23
05-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Blake Griffin gets hurt because he is known as a flopper. I can't even watch him play sometimes. Like that crazy head flop in the air in Game 7 against Golden State. You make a great play that leaves many people saying, "WOW" and then you act like you got shot in the air and just make people unimpressed, again. I'm not saying Blake flopped, but I do think he over reacted both times.

therealwd27
05-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Blake Griffin gets hurt because he is known as a flopper. I can't even watch him play sometimes. Like that crazy head flop in the air in Game 7 against Golden State. You make a great play that leaves many people saying, "WOW" and then you act like you got shot in the air and just make people unimpressed, again. I'm not saying Blake flopped, but I do think he over reacted both times.

Have you ever got hit in the nuts by a 6'9 260lb man? I haven't but if I did I can't imagine how long id be on the floor for.

IndyRealist
05-13-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't get the uproar. It was clearly unintentional, unless OKC drew up a "perkins shoves ibaka's arm into blake's groin, not knowing blake was going to jump" play. Is it a foul? Yes. Does it deserve a suspension? Heck no.

mavwar53
05-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Wow really, who punches with the top of their wrist. If griffin can get away with throwing water on fans guys would be able to actually punch each other.

What griffin did was much worse, not punishing him is condoning that attacking fans is OK, and if that's ok then fans should be allowed to douse players with water so long as the "try to make it look like an accident" with some terrible acting. I have yet to hear a logical explanation for this one.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Guys... The NBA didn't suspend Ibaka for his much worse, nutshot on Griffin last year, so of course they won't now. RefKC aka Chokelahoma City Refs... Are the NBA's golden boys. They would be the last team punished. As others said in here, Ibaka has a history of dirty plays.

Exactly. Last year ZBO tackled griffin in the playoffs and didn't get suspended, this year he shoved adams and did lol

DenButsu
05-13-2014, 11:39 AM
my life choices that led me back here are fitting enough

Oh, Io, you're just like Michael Corleone in Godfather III.

But to be on topic: I don't think there's enough in the video to demonstate conclusively that Ibaka's **** swat was intentional. It's ambiguous at best, and that pretty much puts it beyond being actionable. As for the Z-Bo comparison, I'd rather have seen neither of them get suspended.

edit - Interesting - the alternate word for rooster is in the filter, but the usual word for dick is not.

cmellofan15
05-13-2014, 11:43 AM

But to be on topic: I don't think there's enough in the video to demonstate conclusively that Ibaka's **** swat was intentional. It's ambiguous at best, and that pretty much puts it beyond being actionable. As for the Z-Bo comparison, I'd rather have seen neither of them get suspended.

edit - Interesting - the alternate word for rooster is in the filter, but the usual word for dick is not.

this might be the best day of my (PSD) life haha

Iodine
05-13-2014, 01:16 PM

Honestly I came back to hang out with you since you don't follow me on twitter :(

kingjaymes23
05-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Have you ever got hit in the nuts by a 6'9 260lb man? I haven't but if I did I can't imagine how long id be on the floor for.

Blake Griffin is a baby and a flopper. I don't give him any benefit of the doubt. I'm sure I'd be on the ground for a long, long time, but like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he embellished a little bit.

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Disgusting how much refs favor the Thunder what a ****ing joke

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Disgusting how much refs favor the Thunder what a ****ing joke

Pot meet kettle ?

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Durant is gifted 6+ free throws every game on jump shots and his patented rip through move.

shauneazy
05-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Pot meet kettle ?

Hahhaha great.

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Durant is gifted 6+ free throws every game on jump shots and his patented rip through move.

What about LeBron ramming into defenders and then bobbing his head back every time he drives to the rim to get the call? Wade getting the D-Whistle moniker? Chalmers flopping all over the floor like a fish?

Oh that's right, you can't mention those, you'd look bad pointing the obvious of your own team.

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Lebron is just a beast that cant be contained. He attacks the basket with purpose. Dont know what the **** you're talking about with the head bobbing. Durant is the one flailing his skinny arms whenever he feels a hint of contact. Chalmers NEVER gets calls nro does Wade

shauneazy
05-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Lebron's the only 6'8, 250 player who runs like a mad man through the paint, bullying over anybody and getting fouls his way, but when anyone even remotely touches him he practically dies from the contact.

Though I do understand Durant.. getting calls where it's debatable if anyone even touches him. It's quite sickening watching these two player.. but hey, that's the NBA for ya.. making sure it makes its money off these two players.

shauneazy
05-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Lebron is just a beast that cant be contained. He attacks the basket with purpose. Dont know what the **** you're talking about with the head bobbing. Durant is the one flailing his skinny arms whenever he feels a hint of contact. Chalmers NEVER gets calls nro does Wade

Wade will cry to the ref after EVERY single shot.. I guarantee you if you watch him .. him only after every single shot, he's crying to the refs and you'll see calls going more his way. But yes, he ALWAYS gets his calls.

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Wade goes cry too much for calls, so do 95% of players. He doesnt get them though. He shot like 4 FT per game this season. You comparing Lebron to Durant is sickening. Lebron deserves 99% of the FT he gets and players get away with a ton of contact on him al the time because he's too damn strong. Durant reacts to any bit of contact and will try and draw a foul if he feels a stiff breeze.

koreancabbage
05-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Lebron's the only 6'8, 250 player who runs like a mad man through the paint, bullying over anybody and getting fouls his way, but when anyone even remotely touches him he practically dies from the contact.

Though I do understand Durant.. getting calls where it's debatable if anyone even touches him. It's quite sickening watching these two player.. but hey, that's the NBA for ya.. making sure it makes its money off these two players.

hate the game (refs and the way they call the whistle), not the player

people have to stop hating the way the Lebron plays - he's not the only one.

if refs would blow the whistle, then it would solve everything - not saying Lebron got to the spot or not before the defender but refs aren't just calling anything.

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Wade goes cry too much for calls, so do 95% of players. He doesnt get them though. He shot like 4 FT per game this season. You comparing Lebron to Durant is sickening. Lebron deserves 99% of the FT he gets and players get away with a ton of contact on him al the time because he's too damn strong. Durant reacts to any bit of contact and will try and draw a foul if he feels a stiff breeze.

Wade also played like 4 games this season it seems. What's your point?

And as far as the 99% comment, Shaq used to get pummeled 10x more than LeBron and flagrants would never be called on the opposing player. It was just 2 free throws for Shaq and go the other way.

LeBron is benefiting a lot with the sissified definition and interpretation of the flagrant 1 and flagrant 2 fouls.

king4day
05-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Given Ibaka has a history, he should have at least been fined. I think the awkward way his hand bent is why nothing happened.

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Wade also played like 4 games this season it seems. What's your point?

And as far as the 99% comment, Shaq used to get pummeled 10x more than LeBron and flagrants would never be called on the opposing player. It was just 2 free throws for Shaq and go the other way.

LeBron is benefiting a lot with the sissified definition and interpretation of the flagrant 1 and flagrant 2 fouls.
You are simply delusional

mngopher35
05-13-2014, 04:06 PM
First of all I find it funny that people think Lebron have such a hard time and wouldn't benefit from the league allowing more physical play with his size/speed/strength combo (everyone realizes that is his biggest gift/attribute right?).

I also don't think this should have been a suspension. I understand where people are coming from since I definitely don't think Randolph should have been either but he was (for a game 7 none the less). Anyways it is what it is and they shouldn't just start suspending players more because of it.

Bruno
05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
this shouldn't be a suspension and neither should have randolphs face smush.

flea
05-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

5ass
05-13-2014, 04:20 PM
What about LeBron ramming into defenders and then bobbing his head back every time he drives to the rim to get the call? Wade getting the D-Whistle moniker? Chalmers flopping all over the floor like a fish?

Oh that's right, you can't mention those, you'd look bad pointing the obvious of your own team.

Kobe looking like the wacky inflatable balloon guy when he gets stripped driving to the hoop?

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
You are simply delusional

Nah, I'm just the Realist.

Deal with it.

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Kobe looking like the wacky inflatable balloon guy when he gets stripped driving to the hoop?

Laughable

kylem4711
05-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Wow really, who punches with the top of their wrist. If griffin can get away with throwing water on fans guys would be able to actually punch each other.

What griffin did was much worse, not punishing him is condoning that attacking fans is OK, and if that's ok then fans should be allowed to douse players with water so long as the "try to make it look like an accident" with some terrible acting. I have yet to hear a logical explanation for this one.

ha. still so pissed. "attacking fans" hahaha

kylem4711
05-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Blake Griffin is a baby and a flopper. I don't give him any benefit of the doubt. I'm sure I'd be on the ground for a long, long time, but like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he embellished a little bit.

look up lebroning

therealwd27
05-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Lol idk how this turned into LBJ and KD but just so you know KD shot 200 more FT then anyone else this regular season, mind you he's a jump shooter.

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 05:28 PM
OKC has the refs and league officials in their back pocket.

Bruno
05-13-2014, 05:43 PM
OKC has the refs and league officials in their back pocket.

is that why they've only made it past the WCF once in the past four seasons?

TheLebronFamily
05-13-2014, 05:50 PM
is that why they've only made it past the WCF once in the past four seasons?
Only so much you can do. Too much ChuckBrook, Durant chokes, and ****** coaching

Clippersfan86
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Lebron shoots a little more than half the FT's of Durant despite leading the NBA in points in the paint and being a FAR more physical player. Flops or not, he gets hit WAY more than perimeter based baby bird Durant. How is this even a discussion?

Jamiecballer
05-13-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't see any reason for a fine or suspension honestly. Pretty tough to determine intent on something that close quarters if you ask me.

IversonIsKrazy
05-13-2014, 08:20 PM
If ZBo got suspended for hit shove on Adams, Ibaka defs deserves to be suspended G5.

NBA_Starter
05-13-2014, 09:13 PM
How can one of the dirtiest players in the game get away with this?

mzgrizz
05-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Mzgrizz, I'm sure you're not really surprised. The league is a total joke sometimes, they show clear favoritism. It's unfortunate for fans, but it's worse that we are growing accustomed to their antics.

Yeah, well, I guess I wasn't surprised. I was just hoping that I haven't been throwing my hard earned money down the drain for a total sham.

mzgrizz
05-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Here's the clip for those that didn't see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3tRhj9A7Y

Ibaka should definitely be suspended for this... Perkins pushed him, so the natural reaction is to throw a right hook into Griffin's nuts? You can clearly see him winding up that right hand.

The reason he wasn't suspended was probably because he didn't close his hand and make a fist. That's the way the NBA determines if something is punishable.

Ok, I had to take a break from this, but now I'm reading posts I'm furious all over again. If it had been an open hand grab, maybe they'd have given the SOB an award.

kdspurman
05-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Yeah, well, I guess I wasn't surprised. I was just hoping that I haven't been throwing my hard earned money down the drain for a total sham.

It's extremely frustrating sometimes. If they can make the interpretation that he didn't "punch" and the hit was an "accident", why the hell didn't they consider the same with Z-Bo. I know Z-Bo lost his cool a little, but he was not trying to punch Adams. I felt that much was obvious. I feel like they are as close to as untouchable as we got in this league.

kingjaymes23
05-13-2014, 11:08 PM
look up lebroning

Blake flops worse than LeBron. Blake is by far the worst flopper in the league. There is a reason other coaches gameplans focus around being physical with Blake, because he cannot take it. Marc Jackson clearly stated this earlier in the season.

Yeah, LeBron does flop, but when he is put in a physical game (Chicago where they could literally tackle him), he doesn't just sit there whining and get in a fight like Blake does when he is bodied up.

DR_1
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
WOW just heard about this - couldn't watch Game 4.

mzgrizz
05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
It's extremely frustrating sometimes. If they can make the interpretation that he didn't "punch" and the hit was an "accident", why the hell didn't they consider the same with Z-Bo. I know Z-Bo lost his cool a little, but he was not trying to punch Adams. I felt that much was obvious. I feel like they are as close to as untouchable as we got in this league.

And so it goes. If the Thunder do manage to overcome their adversity(cough cough) and face the Spurs, I will be salivating to watch Pop dismantle Scotty and Co.