PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas on Donald Sterling

kingsdelez24
05-12-2014, 11:04 PM
I'll be the first to accept ur apology..as a man who's made a mistake or two in life I know how hard it is to look at your self in the mirror when you let so many ppl down but for anybody who can't and won't accept his apology u need to look in the mirror because were not perfect..forgiveness will destroy racism not more hatred..

This was on his instagram. Pretty strong words, I agree with his point

COOLbeans
05-12-2014, 11:09 PM
This seems self-serving first and foremost. But good for him?

mRc08
05-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Agent Zero sighting. Miss this guy, don't care about sterling anymore. Yawn

HYFR
05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Interesting. I can't tell if Gilbert is just saying that to have his name in the news or he really means that. I don't agree with his statement tho. What sterling said wasn't a mistake, it is what he truly believes in.

Tony_Starks
05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
All is forgiven Sterling, now please stay the hell away from the league...

ghettosean
05-12-2014, 11:23 PM
As soon as I heard about Sterling and this tape the first thing I wanted was to know what Gilberts take was on the whole thing... Thank goodness that's cleared up now I'm just waiting to hear from Javaris Crittenton on the situation and all will be well in the world.

MrfadeawayJB
05-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Sterling said in the interview he made one mistake...ok how about all the recorded (and unrecorded) incidents he's had in the last 30 years. Good for Gilbert but I'm not buying that apology

More-Than-Most
05-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Cant forgive him for doing nothing wrong.

Ebbs
05-12-2014, 11:35 PM
interesting take

mike_noodles
05-12-2014, 11:51 PM
It actually came off better than I was expecting it to.

ChickenSouvlaki
05-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Great quote from Gilbert. He is right about forgiveness vs. hatred.

Slug3
05-13-2014, 03:04 AM
I don't feel stearling is giving an apology because he was racist, only giving one because he got caught.

MagicBucsSox
05-13-2014, 03:24 AM
I love how a lifetime of disgusting deeds is forgiven within one insincere apology , lol.?definitely self serving for Arenas.

Cracka2HI!
05-13-2014, 03:42 AM
Forgiving him is fine. Having him in involved with league is not.

NYKNYGNYY
05-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Was gettin ready to rip on him thinking he was talking smack.... Good for him mad respect

MagicBucsSox
05-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Lol he doesn't forgive him just as sterling isn't sorry. Then he goes and rants on again about magic and shows just because you have money doesn't make you intelligent. But David Stern and the owners are the blame for this imbecile.

ThuglifeJ
05-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Ppl act like sterling was enslaving black people. He's just an OLD (from racist times) rich dude with no morals or filter in the presence of his own home. People need to interact with more people if they've never met bigots like sterling before. Its nothing new. The gold digging chick privately recording him is a bad person too. Yet she's a hero in this.

He probably was just talking out his *** to get laid and prevent his jealousy issues like he somewhat said. Still racist? Yes.

He shouldn't own a pro team with that attitude but seriously can we drop it. **** is dragging out! K he's a racist old rich guy, he is now banned from the league.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Ppl act like sterling was enslaving black people. He's just an OLD (from racist times) rich dude with no morals or filter in the presence of his own home. People need to interact with more people if they've never met bigots like sterling before. Its nothing new. The gold digging chick privately recording him is a bad person too. Yet she's a hero in this.

He probably was just talking out his *** to get laid and prevent his jealousy issues like he somewhat said. Still racist? Yes.

He shouldn't own a pro team with that attitude but seriously can we drop it. **** is dragging out! K he's a racist old rich guy, he is now banned from the league.

This.

And I hate the way the players are taking this, talking about sitting out games. Please. None of them since joining the nba have encountered an executive or person above them putting them in a harsh racial working condition. They're being paid millions to play basketball, yet act like its so hard to do their job now. If they want to suit out, fine. Forfeit your paycheck, and go join another league.

Slug3
05-13-2014, 12:13 PM

Let's not forget that he had a lot of other times where him being racist popped up. Yet CP3 and Doc still wanted to come play and collect his money.

thunderdood
05-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Let's be real here. We've all said things in the privacy of our homes that we wouldn't want to be made public. Just because someone said something many don't agree with in PRIVATE doesn't mean they should lose something they own. The real crime was the girlfriend recording the conversation without Sterling knowing and making it public. I'm a minority but realize that if someone is a "racist", don't support them, don't give them business, and/or don't associate with them if it hurts you that much. Protesting and making a huge deal about this only creates more segregation among the different groups instead of bringing everyone closer.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Part of me think the owners already voted and not enough people voted to oust Sterling.

They see how easily you can go from being owner one day to being stripped of your franchise the next, all because you were recorded having a conversation you likely thought was private. People will be lining up to blackmail owners if its this easy. Dolan could never say another word again probably.

Why would they have waited this long to vote is what I wonder. You would think the league would have pushed them to do so to help avoid any legal battles with the sterlings.

P&GRealist
05-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Sterling's apology wasn't sincere, so Gilbert's statement holds zero ground in this situation.

IN general for anyone else who was truly remorseful (which Sterling is not), then yes, Gilbert's statement holds great importance.

Tony_Starks
05-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Sterling's apology wasn't sincere, so Gilbert's statement holds zero ground in this situation.

IN general for anyone else who was truly remorseful (which Sterling is not), then yes, Gilbert's statement holds great importance.

This. It wasn't even a apology it was more of a rambling rant about his jealousy of Magic, how black people don't help each other, and how everyone still loves him.. among other things.

And people are acting like players wants his head on a platter or something. They're simply saying you're a ( outed) racist, go away.