PDA

View Full Version : Sixers could be shopping MCW

Hulk6
05-11-2014, 06:04 PM
What does winning the NBA Rookie of the Year award get you in Philadelphia? Apparently it gets you put on the list of most outrageous trade rumors ever, but here we are less than two months away from the NBA Draft and Sixers point guard Michael Carter-Williams is the subject of trade rumors in Philly.

It’s not certain just how legitimate these rumors are or how deep down the rabbit hole they go, but the very fact that a possible trade of the Rookie of the Year is being discussed is interesting to day the least. Bob Ford of The Philadelphia Inquirer opines that if the Sixers were to indeed trade Carter-Williams, Dante Exum would be the best replacement for him.

He’d actually be the only replacement as Carter-Williams showed a lot of talent in 2013-14 and has the potential for a lot of growth. That being said, it’s hard to argue against the upside that Exum has and the superstar potential he possesses.

Why putting them both in the same backcourt isn’t a better option than trading Carter-Williams is beyond me, but if the Sixers pull off a trade like that then they’d better have some pretty good justification for it other than they liked the new, shinier toy better than the one they have.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=304319

goingfor28
05-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Def

SMH!
05-11-2014, 06:26 PM
So this started because of one writers opinion but no real source

PhillyFaninLA
05-11-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm sure they are listening to offers because I'm sure every player is talked about in every major sport every year. You don't trade the rookie of the year when you may have 2 top 10 picks (depending on how lottery goes)

2-ONE-5
yea i wouldnt count on this. we are not targeting Exum unless we miss out on a few others first. this guy is making it sound like we are hoping to land exum

PhillyFaninLA
If they do draft Dante they would play him at the 2.

lakersiznumber1
05-11-2014, 06:47 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=304319

this is why the 76ers are last place smh.

Htownballa1622
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
His value is up and his numbers may be inflated.

I wouldn't necessarily trade him but he definitely shouldn't be untouchable.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2014, 07:15 PM
I mean, he won ROY, but has major holes in his game. That being said, with a healthy Noel, MCW, and a high lottery pick and possibly another top 10 pick, why not just see if you can mesh them together and bring in some vets in FA to start growing the team.

shep33
05-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Bad idea. We know that MCW can play at a high level in the NBA. He's a matchup nightmare for a lot of opposing teams due to this size

More-Than-Most
05-11-2014, 07:17 PM
If they get blown away then why not?

0nekhmer
05-11-2014, 07:17 PM
He's a stud, but at least Philly sees the larger picture. Reason why they dealt iggy and holiday was cause they knew they weren't good enough as a number 1 or 2 option on a contender. Now they're loaded with young prospects, picks and assets. I can see them getting really good real fast in the next 2-3 years

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm sure they are listening to offers because I'm sure every player is talked about in every major sport every year. You don't trade the rookie of the year when you may have 2 top 10 picks (depending on how lottery goes)

Can you imagine if the Rockets had trade the ROY (Ralph Sampson) for a high pick if they'd already had two picks? They could have drafted Hakeem, Jordan and Barkley.

It is unconventional, but a team gets to see a player all year. They know better than anybody if he'll pan out or not. If his stock is high based on perceived potential, it could be a good idea to trade him. You'll get more for your return.

The Kings could have traded Tyreke Evans and grabbed Monroe or Paul George.

Okafor could have been traded for Chris Paul or D-Will.

Mike Miller could have been traded for Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson or Tyson Chandler.

You get a guy who just won ROY, there may be teams that would give up a high pick for him. If you are confident about a player in the draft, that could turn out very well.

Of course, it could turn out very badly as well.

MCW easily had the best rookie season this year, but he showed his game had a lot of warts. I'd listen to trades offers if I were Philly.

MagicBucsSox
05-11-2014, 07:38 PM
If they do draft Dante they would play him at the 2.

Do you watch basketball?

MagicBucsSox
05-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Orlando should jump all on this nonsense if it's true.

sammyvine
05-11-2014, 07:58 PM
the problem is how good is dante?

he could be anther overseas gem like tony parker, dirk or a massive bust?

5ass
05-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Orlando should jump all on this nonsense if it's true.

For our pick? That's a horrible fit and trade for us.

2-ONE-5
05-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Do you watch basketball?

he is right Exum would play the 2 in off chance we draft him.

cmellofan15
05-11-2014, 08:28 PM
lol Sixers stay givin' up

setman2000
05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
99.9% b.s.

jimm120
05-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I mean, he won ROY, but has major holes in his game. That being said, with a healthy Noel, MCW, and a high lottery pick and possibly another top 10 pick, why not just see if you can mesh them together and bring in some vets in FA to start growing the team.

Thats what I think...but some teams mess it up.

Look at Cleveland.

Irving and they draft Tristan Thompson, Waiters, and that new guy that sucked.......that's 4 guys in the top 10 (1 being the ROY and is a definite star)...and yet look at the progress.

Carter's numbers were inflated but anyone that can go out and get triple doubles will NEVER be bad. Maybe not the star player they'd want, but I'm sure that at worst, he'd be a 15/5/5 kind of guy...and that's extremely good.

NBA_Starter
05-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Seems like a rumor only.

GiantsSwaGG
05-11-2014, 09:00 PM
He's not that good just yet so why not

cmellofan15
05-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Thats what I think...but some teams mess it up.

Look at Cleveland.

Irving and they draft Tristan Thompson, Waiters, and that new guy that sucked.......that's 4 guys in the top 10 (1 being the ROY and is a definite star)...and yet look at the progress.

Carter's numbers were inflated but anyone that can go out and get triple doubles will NEVER be bad. Maybe not the star player they'd want, but I'm sure that at worst, he'd be a 15/5/5 kind of guy...and that's extremely good.

well in those players' defense, they do play for a terrible coach and organization all together.

Tony_Starks
05-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Is this going to be epic tank part 2? Would make sense if they were targeting Exum but him and his agent have done everything but give him a Laker jersey....

mdm692
05-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Trade him for another top 10 pick thid year. Saric, Randle, Noel and Exum.

GunFactor187
05-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Tank For J. Okafor! XD

louanneyis
05-12-2014, 04:08 AM
His value is up and his numbers may be inflated.http://isoftwaresale.com/5ce6.jpg

hornetsfansydne
05-12-2014, 06:37 AM
he is right Exum would play the 2 in off chance we draft him.

Exum needs the ball in his hands so wouldn't be able to play his best as a 2

2-ONE-5
05-12-2014, 10:08 AM
irrelevant. we are in position to take the BPA and Brett Brown has coached Exux so if do take him and keep MCW i would trust the judegement from one of the few with first hand expereince with him. we also are not banking on drafting him anyways thats why this artiucle is crap especailly before the lottery is set, if we land in the top 2 where we should we wont be seeing Exum anyway

BIG worm
05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Maybe Philly realizes that this is the highest his stock will ever be.

IndyRealist
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Look at Tyreke Evans. Even tho he did nothing aside from his rookie season, he still got a payday. MCW could be a bum the next 3 years and still have significant trade value.better to see how he develops than trade him away and he turns into a star.

shauneazy
05-12-2014, 11:21 AM
If I'm the sixers I consider trading MCW and the NO first round pick for a Kyrie or Westbrook.. Not that I think it'll make that big of a difference, but if it's true that they are shopping him, sell him while his value is high.

Burkey3472
05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
If they got a top 10 pick for him I could certainly understand it. They aren't just going to trade him just to trade him though, they need great value back.

ManRam
05-12-2014, 12:08 PM
For our pick? That's a horrible fit and trade for us.

I'd love having MCW in Orlando...

...just absolutely NOT for our first pick this year. I'd imagine the asking price would be quite high. If we were guaranteed to be able to draft Embiid I'd love trading a package surrounding Vucevic for him. Doubt that interests Philly tho.

No player (aside from the LBJs and KDs of the world) should be untradable. I just would be surprised if they were very actively shopping him.

2-ONE-5
05-12-2014, 12:35 PM
If I'm the sixers I consider trading MCW and the NO first round pick for a Kyrie or Westbrook.. Not that I think it'll make that big of a difference, but if it's true that they are shopping him, sell him while his value is high.

would love Westy but its pointless to bring him in and no thanks to Irving rather have MCW going forward. this is all just bs speculation based on if fall in the lotto along with browns ties to Exum.

warfelg
05-12-2014, 07:18 PM
It's all silly rumor and here say based off the fact Brown has coached Exum.

Writers will always try to connect dots even when there's no reason to.