PDA

View Full Version : Should the Warriors franchise be sold and moved to Seattle?

Spanklin
05-10-2014, 01:24 PM
This team finds itself stuck in no man's land yet again. No direction from the top, fans have been frustrated and disenfranchised for years, fans had hope for one last season and now are royally peeved after a first round bust (they honestly thought this was a championship roster last summer lol).

How much longer will Joseph Lacob put up with inept management, and give in to selling the team to that Seattle group?

mdm692
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
No lol. As much as we hate the Bay and the fan bases the bay area has one of the best fan bases in all of major sports and they are proud of their teams. It would be bad for business to move them. If anybody should be sold and moved to seattle it should be the Clips. They need their own identity and own stadium. Even if they win 2-3 championships in the next decade they will always be the Lakers little brother as long as they're in LA.

goingfor28
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Um. They have a new arena being opening in San Fran in a couple years.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2014, 01:46 PM
No.
no nba team with several decades of history shoudl move EVER

the only team that should move to Seattle is the thunder because it was them who stole Seattle their team.

NoahH
05-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Ok I am a huge Seattle fan and have been hoping and praying to get a team back soon (so I can drive 1hr to Seattle instead of 4hr to Portland to see a game), but that is just ridiculous.

1. The Warriors have an unbelievably rich history in the Bay Area and the NBA wouldn't allow the move (even though they allowed 41 years of Seattle history to be wiped away)

2. They're building a new arena on the San Fran waterfront

3. They have a great fan base and are always packed.

4. Lacob doesnt wanna sell

Bruno
05-10-2014, 02:18 PM
no. the bay area is a huge market and deserves a legitimate basketball team.

sacramento doesn't need a team. it's a small town and most of the people who live there root for the 49ers or raiders. sac doesn't need a team just like they shouldn't be the capital. thats all left over from 150+ years ago gold-rush nonsense. the kings should be the sonics.

futureman
05-10-2014, 02:25 PM
The Supersucks don't deserve a team. They let the Thunder go because they were too lazy to build a new arena. They can have their WNBA team.

asandhu23
05-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Ridiculous thread. How do you even come up with this stuff?

Blitzace137
05-10-2014, 03:20 PM
facepalm

mrblisterdundee
05-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Are you kidding me? The Bay Area has nearly 8.5 million people. Seattle metro has about 3.5 million.
San Jose is the third most populous city in California larger than San Francisco with more than one million people in the city and 1.9 million in its metro area. It already has a stadium that can seat 18,000 at a basketball game, and it doesn't have an NBA team.
I wouldn't mind if the Sacramento Kings moved to San Jose or Seattle the Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks and Memphis Grizzlies are other options.

Hellcrooner
05-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Are you kidding me? The Bay Area has nearly 8.5 million people. Seattle metro has about 3.5 million.
San Jose is the third most populous city in California larger than San Francisco with more than one million people in the city and 1.9 million in its metro area. It already has a stadium that can seat 18,000 at a basketball game, and it doesn't have an NBA team.
I wouldn't mind if the Sacramento Kings moved to San Jose or Seattle the Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks and Memphis Grizzlies are other options.

no.

No team foundedn before 1994 should be moved EVER.

only teams are ok with moving are raps, grizz, pelicans, thunder now hornets history goes back to Charlotte.

i'myourdaddy
05-10-2014, 05:14 PM

sacramento doesn't need a team. it's a small town and most of the people who live there root for the 49ers or raiders. sac doesn't need a team just like they shouldn't be the capital. thats all left over from 150+ years ago gold-rush nonsense. the kings should be the sonics.

:eyebrow: I think your argument is a year late. Should've have been at the board of governor with your argument last year, maybe Stern would've listen to you and sold the kings to Chris Hansen. Man Hansen miss out by not hiring you as his consultant.

abe_froman
05-10-2014, 05:25 PM
not happening.w's are in one of the biggest markets,are at a 25 year peak in popularity,and are in the middle of building a new arena...also why would he sell the team for management issues,when he can just fire them if he didnt like them

tredigs
05-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Failure of a troll thread.

NBA_Starter
05-10-2014, 10:12 PM
No but maybe the Clippers if the team stays in the Sterling family.

benzni
05-10-2014, 10:24 PM
lol, Warriors have a huge fanbase. They control the Bay Area. Plus they are moving in 2017 to San Fran

KingPosey
05-10-2014, 11:20 PM

What a dumb set of comments.

cssdmark
05-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Yes

nastynice
05-11-2014, 12:47 AM
lol, is this a serious thread or a troll?

Trwood12
05-11-2014, 01:25 AM
No lol. As much as we hate the Bay and the fan bases the bay area has one of the best fan bases in all of major sports and they are proud of their teams. It would be bad for business to move them. If anybody should be sold and moved to seattle it should be the Clips. They need their own identity and own stadium. Even if they win 2-3 championships in the next decade they will always be the Lakers little brother as long as they're in LA.

My thoughts exactly

49ersLALSFGiant
05-11-2014, 01:32 AM
No. The Clippers should though

obie
05-11-2014, 01:45 AM
where are you from? are you high? off what? are there windows where you are? wtf?

Chrisclover
05-11-2014, 02:39 AM
Move overseas. Would be a giant leap for the NBA expansion.

arlubas
05-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Have you once in your lifetime watched a Warriors game? This team has one of the best crowds in the league plus is in the best shape it's been in the past 20 years...

JRisdabest
05-11-2014, 05:47 AM
no doubt

PurpleLynch
05-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Absolutely no. GS has a long an great story and above all a really strong fanbase.

Spanklin
05-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Have you once in your lifetime watched a Warriors game? This team has one of the best crowds in the league plus is in the best shape it's been in the past 20 years...

You consider a first round bust, no cap space, aging and often injured vets, and no draft picks a good position to be in? A fat girl in the best shape of her life is still a fat girl...

#WarriorsTheFatGirl

arlubas
05-11-2014, 11:38 AM
You consider a first round bust, no cap space, aging and often injured vets, and no draft picks a good position to be in? A fat girl in the best shape of her life is still a fat girl...

#WarriorsTheFatGirl
Oh yeah they were totally a bust when they lost to 7 games by us with their starting center and best defender out. This team has no future, my bad. And who exactly are the aging veterans? Do you see anyone of them being washed up or something?

MygirlhatesCod
05-11-2014, 12:02 PM
i find it odd that anyone would think it would be a good idea to move a team back or have a new team come to a city that lost one already. if it was that great of a place then how did they lose it in the first place?

FlakeyFool
05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
move em to mexico

lol, please
05-11-2014, 02:35 PM
This team finds itself stuck in no man's land yet again. No direction from the top, fans have been frustrated and disenfranchised for years, fans had hope for one last season and now are royally peeved after a first round bust (they honestly thought this was a championship roster last summer lol).

How much longer will Joseph Lacob put up with inept management, and give in to selling the team to that Seattle group?
:facepalm: