PDA

View Full Version : Are the Pacers back?

NoahH
05-10-2014, 03:25 AM
Are the Pacers back? It's a very very small sample size, but they seemed to have turned it on the past two games and Hibbert seems to be snapping out of his post-all star break funk.

Just when Andrew Bynum was listed as out for the season, the Pacers start to turn it around. Coincidence?

jerellh528
05-10-2014, 03:33 AM
I hope so, it would make things a hell of a lot more interesting in the east.

TylerSL
05-10-2014, 03:37 AM
I think we will smoke the Pacers if they make it to the conference finals. For what it's worth, they do look better though.

ManRam
05-10-2014, 12:43 PM
*still picking them to make the Finals...because I'm a stubborn and idiotic *****

*and picking against LeBron has worked out for him lately*

Chrisclover
05-11-2014, 02:55 AM
probably it is just the wizards fall behind due to lack of experience. Wall is volatile. It shall take him more years to be mature and display his leadership better.
The Pacers?lets just wait and see. 2 wins is after all so tiny a sample to detect their resilience.

PurpleLynch
05-11-2014, 05:56 AM
I don't think so,they are far from their performances last year in the playoffs. They are playing better though and I hope that continues,it should be more interesting.

YoungOne
05-11-2014, 06:24 AM
game 2 wasnt really that good, wizards missed a lot of open shots down the stretch to lose this game.

KnicksorBust
05-11-2014, 08:12 AM
*still picking them to make the Finals...because I'm a stubborn and idiotic *****

I wish everyone was this stubborn. The idea that teams like the Nets-Wiz-Bulls-Hawks were going to outlast Miami or Indiana was ridiculous.

It was Heat-Pacers from day 1 and its still Heat-Pacers.

ghettosean
05-11-2014, 08:54 AM

I wish everyone was this stubborn. The idea that teams like the Nets-Wiz-Bulls-Hawks were going to outlast Miami or Indiana was ridiculous.

It was Heat-Pacers from day 1 and its still Heat-Pacers.

This...

It's a cake walk to the ECF in a historically weak eastern conference.

IndyRealist
05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Withholding judgement, but like others said: Heat-Pacers ECF.

blahblahyoutoo
05-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Pacers is back!

JordansBulls
05-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I think we will smoke the Pacers if they make it to the conference finals. For what it's worth, they do look better though.

Heat don't want any part of the Pacers. Anyone can whoop on teams with a negative SRS rating, let's see what the Heat can do with a team that has a plus SRS rating.

Big Zo
05-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Heat don't want any part of the Pacers. Anyone can whoop on teams with a negative SRS rating, let's see what the Heat can do with a team that has a plus SRS rating.

"Let's see what the 2-time defending champs can do against a team they've sent home 2 years in a row." : /

Chrisclover
05-11-2014, 11:41 AM
"Let's see what the 2-time defending champs can do against a team they've sent home 2 years in a row." : /

A bleacher report guy says Lebron will have a vengeful run for another championship to tell people he is still the MVP. In his article, Jordan did the exact same thing when he lost the MVP to Barkley and Malone but then gained rings with better-than-regular-season performance.if Lebron is determined to the GOAT, he shall do it.

Indestructible
05-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Not yet, all they've done so far was get back home court.

king4day
05-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Indiana has been so inconsistent this post season that I wouldn't post this question unless they win the next two relatively convincingly.

How is it a cakewalk to the ECF when they trailed 3-2 to a 'historically bad' Atlanta team.
Washington probably should have taken game two of this series but blew it in the end otherwise we're having a much different conversation.
I don't trust the Pacers yet.

JordansBulls
05-11-2014, 02:10 PM
A bleacher report guy says Lebron will have a vengeful run for another championship to tell people he is still the MVP. In his article, Jordan did the exact same thing when he lost the MVP to Barkley and Malone but then gained rings with better-than-regular-season performance.if Lebron is determined to the GOAT, he shall do it.

Totally different. For one when Jordan lost out he either had the best record in the league or the best stats leading in PER, WS, WS/PER 48 and scoring. Lebron had neither of those this year so he wasn't the mvp.

NBA_Starter
05-11-2014, 10:19 PM
They are playing better but it is still a small sample size of good play.

KniCks4LiFe
05-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Yup. And what's worse is that

The MVP runner up version of Paul George has been found. And the 2nd best all around C in the NBA has been found.

NBA_Starter
05-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Heat / Pacers look like destiny.

koreancabbage
05-11-2014, 11:10 PM
they're back.

IndyRealist
05-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Yup. And what's worse is that

The MVP runner up version of Paul George has been found. And the 2nd best all around C in the NBA has been found.

Paul George: 39pts, 12rebs, 12-20 FG, 7-10 on 3's, played all but 97 seconds of the game.
Roy Hibbert: 17pts, 9rebs, 2blks, 6-12 FG and almost singlehandedly keyed the comeback when the Pacers were down 19.

Bench: 2pts, on 1-9 shooting. That's a problem.

hoosiercubsfan
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Yes I think they are back. They have played fairly well in 5 of the last 6 games not showing up in game one of this series. Though the better question isn't if the Pacers are back it's if Hibbert is back. And I think he is which is much of why the Pacers are back. They simply don't have the talent on their team to play without Roy doing his thing in the middle. Just hope Brooklyn finds a way to win another and keep that series going. It is going to be an all out knock down drag out if they Pacers advance to play the Heat.

Tony_Starks
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
The Pacers are playing better but it helps that the east has no competition. The Pacers on their worst day can still reach the ECF to play against a well rested allstar team in Miami.

cssdmark
05-11-2014, 11:21 PM
No this is Washington showing their inexperience by their two young guards

hoosiercubsfan
05-12-2014, 01:19 AM
No this is Washington showing their inexperience by their two young guards

The inexperience of the two young guards has nothing to do with the fact that Hibbert is back. He is the key to what they do and why they are back. He had multiple threads about him on here calling him all sorts of things. If he doesn't show up I believe this series is reversed with the Pacers facing elimination.

Bostonjorge
05-12-2014, 02:37 AM
Paul George: 39pts, 12rebs, 12-20 FG, 7-10 on 3's, played all but 97 seconds of the game.
Roy Hibbert: 17pts, 9rebs, 2blks, 6-12 FG and almost singlehandedly keyed the comeback when the Pacers were down 19.

Bench: 2pts, on 1-9 shooting. That's a problem.

There are back. Tuner and scola will step it up.

kobe4thewinbang
05-12-2014, 03:19 AM
I *hope* they are clicking as a team again.

I thought they would lose to ATL, but they won.
I thought they would lose to the Wizards, but now are up 3-1.

So, I am glad to see them turning it around. I hope it lasts, i.e. that they at least put up a good fight and look like they know what they're doing. Nobody wants to see star players under-perform (Paul George, Roy Hibbert).

I am thinking the Nets will win one more game against the Heat, but Deron Williams is playing too poorly for them to beat the Heat. Pending a miracle by the Wizards, Indy will hopefully ride this wave of clarity into the ECF, which I think will be strengthened by Miami because Indy "comes to play" against them.

Markedly, that season home game against Miami was the last indication that Indy was here to overthrow the champs.

ATX
05-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Should make for a great ECF now that they are clicking again...I don't buy the "Cake walk" talk...Perhaps if they had lost to Washington, but now that they can smell the Finals, they will put up a fight against Miami, as it should be...Plus the Pacers have the HC.