PDA

View Full Version : Kings will allow fans with high analytic knowledge to participate in draft choice

spreadeagle
05-09-2014, 06:41 PM
The Kings announced this in the most techie way possible — on reddit. Here is what D’Alessandro said.
There is so much talent and so much information out there today outside of the walls of the NBA. I told him I felt like we could tap into that vast wealth of knowledge. For that reason I was actually planning on reaching out to advanced fans and asking for their help in this Draft. I had my analytics team here at the Kings create a website where I’m asking fans to rate college players by position in the 2014 NBA Draft. I would like more than just the ranking for fans that are interested. I would like to know how they came to their decision. From this crowdsourcing, I will select a smaller group to be in my Draft think tank. A few of which I plan to invite to my war room. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/09/kings-using-crowdsourcing-analytics-to-help-with-draft-pick-and-you-can-get-in-their-war-room/

Ebbs
05-09-2014, 06:47 PM
That's so very cool

bleedprple&gold
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Some average Joe fans couldn't do any worst drafting than the Kings have in recent years.

koreancabbage
05-09-2014, 10:18 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/09/kings-using-crowdsourcing-analytics-to-help-with-draft-pick-and-you-can-get-in-their-war-room/

thats actually pretty cool.

bhavr
05-10-2014, 12:34 AM
thats really cool.

Chronz
05-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Some average Joe fans couldn't do any worst drafting than the Kings have in recent years.

average joe fans can do very worse

3Blueforyou
05-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I think this is a great idea, I would hope they would provide them with the resources their organization has. It difficult to get large amount of player footage outside of YouTube, Ballislife, and other similar sites. Combine footage along with access to NCAA video content would be a must.

MrfadeawayJB
05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
The more knowledge and resources a team has, the better

PurpleLynch
05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
They will have just an advisory role,I think they will have any power to really decide King's market. That's cool anyway,I'd love to do that.