PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden: "I Know I'm One of the Biggest Busts in NBA History"

LTBaByyy
05-08-2014, 06:11 PM
"Iím over all of that. I know Iím one of the biggest busts in NBA history and I know that itíll only get worse as Kevin Durant continues doing big things Ö Itís frustrating that my body canít do what my mind wants it to do."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2056332-greg-oden-i-know-im-one-of-the-biggest-busts-in-nba-history?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Raidaz4Life
05-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Gotta feel bad for the guy... all the talent in the world and an overall good guy

beliges
05-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Cant help but feel bad for the dude. Seems like a genuinely nice/good guy. At the same time, the dude made more money than anyone of us will see in our entire lifetime since he has been in the league. Id take being one of the biggest busts in NBA history over doing what I do for a living any day of the week.

Iron24th
05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
He's speaking the truth, seems a good guy.

dodgersuck
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Feel hella bad for him, he's a good dude as is Durant. Why can't James have a degenerative knee condition instead?

naps
05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Feel hella bad for him, he's a good dude as is Durant. Why can't James have a degenerative knee condition instead?

How old are you? 11?

WeaponXXX
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
He must be on the verge of suicide or something. To come out and admit he is a bust is pretty bad.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
He really isnt. I thought bust would be Kwame brown like situation. He would be a top player in the NBA if he was healthy. He didnt not workout or get fat or hurt himself doing something stupid... He was a casualty of his own body... Not a bust by any means

ciaban
05-08-2014, 06:51 PM
"Iím over all of that. I know Iím one of the biggest busts in NBA history and I know that itíll only get worse as Kevin Durant continues doing big things Ö Itís frustrating that my body canít do what my mind wants it to do."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2056332-greg-oden-i-know-im-one-of-the-biggest-busts-in-nba-history?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

It's not that his body can't do what his mind wants him to do, IT CAN. It's his knees that aren't cooperating.

Yanks All Day
05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
The overall article is about how he's turned himself into a very supportive teammate and how he's become a positive person while overcoming all this adversity. When read in context, he seems more like a guy who has accepted his reality and is moving on in a positive direction.

Seems like a genuinely good guy. Also kinda ironic that he'll probably end up with a ring before Durant.

abe_froman
05-08-2014, 07:01 PM
He really isnt. I thought bust would be Kwame brown like situation. He would be a top player in the NBA if he was healthy. He didnt not workout or get fat or hurt himself doing something stupid... He was a casualty of his own body... Not a bust by any means

sam bowie is considered a bust
....,jay williams,danny manning,ect.,as well,injuries generally dont spare anyone the bust label(rightly or wrongly)

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:15 PM

you really want to wish injury on a player? weak sauce dude

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:17 PM
always felt bad for Oden. Well as sorry as you can be for someone who has made $24 million to play a total of 105 games, but still. It would be very frustrating to be in his situation.

mudvayne387
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
It's not that his body can't do what his mind wants him to do, IT CAN. It's his knees that aren't cooperating.

Well the last time I checked , the knees are part of the human body ...

NBA_Starter
05-08-2014, 07:50 PM
I feel bad for him for sure.:(

R. Johnson#3
05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
It's not his fault.

JEDean89
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
seriously people put him in the eddy curry/kwame brown category. that 18 year old greg oden was something special, there isn't a guy in the league with the size and athleticism he had coming out of college. he would be an absolute monster.

blahblahyoutoo
05-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Cant help but feel bad for the dude. Seems like a genuinely nice/good guy. At the same time, the dude made more money than anyone of us will see in our entire lifetime since he has been in the league. Id take being one of the biggest busts in NBA history over doing what I do for a living any day of the week.

and possibly a ring at the end of this season

likemystylez
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
He must be on the verge of suicide or something. To come out and admit he is a bust is pretty bad.

I was thinking the same thing- its horrible to hear anybody completely lose confidence in themselves.

Trwood12
05-08-2014, 10:24 PM
How old are you? 11?

My thoughts exactly. I understand not liking someone but jeezz, I would never wish something like that on them.

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
He's not a talent bust. Just very injury prone

Blitzace137
05-08-2014, 11:22 PM
I read a telling article on Oden and he seemed like a good guy who doesn't care about the spotlight or the lifestyle that comes with being an NBA player. Too bad his knees never were right.

blastmasta26
05-08-2014, 11:57 PM
He is a bust technically speaking, since he didn't live up to the value of the first overall pick. But I don't group injury busts with the busts who were just terrible players.

t_money25
05-09-2014, 12:14 AM
He is a bust technically speaking, since he didn't live up to the value of the first overall pick. But I don't group injury busts with the busts who were just terrible players.

I agree. IMO he wasn't necessarily a bust his career was derailed by an injury. I put Brandon Roy in that same category.

ColtsSpursTerps
05-09-2014, 12:46 AM
The overall article is about how he's turned himself into a very supportive teammate and how he's become a positive person while overcoming all this adversity. When read in context, he seems more like a guy who has accepted his reality and is moving on in a positive direction.

Seems like a genuinely good guy. Also kinda ironic that he'll probably end up with a ring before Durant.

qft. a moment of silence for yet another player who fell victim to the injury bug. or should i say injury whale.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 12:49 AM
It's not his fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw

numba1CHANGsta
05-09-2014, 01:31 AM
poor dude, well at least he gives me a 1% excuse to root for the Heat LOL

GunFactor187
05-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Pretty tough to hear such words out of a guy who had a world full of potential and is still fairly young...=/

BoSox47
05-09-2014, 01:54 AM
you really want to wish injury on a player? weak sauce dude

I'm 100% wishing injury on carey price(goalie for the canadien) not long term but short term at least until end of the playoffs. Maybe like a stiff neck or groin issue.

SMH!
05-09-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm 100% wishing injury on carey price(goalie for the canadien) not long term but short term at least until end of the playoffs. Maybe like a stiff neck or groin issue.

childish

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 04:50 AM
He's still a millionaire. Hard to feel sorry

PurpleLynch
05-09-2014, 07:04 PM
It's sad,admitting something like that is extreme rationalism or extreme depression. Anyway,at least, he made a lot of money and maybe he will get a ring this year.
With that fackload of money he can build a new life for himself.Also,he seems a good guy and not a stupid one. And his future,let's say,looks brighter than Steve Francis's one,for example.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2014, 08:11 PM
ive never feel good bout people dubbing as busts dudes that were ****ed up by injuries.
For me a bust is someone that snorts his career down his nose or drinks it to the bottom or simply does not care bout the game enough to behave correctly on/off the court and actually attend to Practice.

Yeah

im talking bout practice!!!!!

:D

bhavr
05-10-2014, 12:36 AM
at least he knows

Crackadalic
05-10-2014, 12:48 AM

Pretty much this

Hawkeye15
05-10-2014, 02:11 AM

you need to see Billy Crystal

arlubas
05-10-2014, 04:17 AM
Accepting who you are is the only way to feel good with yourself and progress as a person in life so good for him. Plus I'll cosign about injury plagued players being on a different category than not-talented-enough busts.