PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact:Duncan, Kobe, Fisher have played in more playoff games than 13 teams

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Tim Duncan has played in 219 playoffs games. That is more games than the following franchises:

Mavs
Cavs
Nets
Raptors
Grizzlies
Bobcats/Hornets
Hornets/Pelicans
Kings
Clippers
T-Wolves
Raptors
Magic
Heat

Of those teams, only the Mavs and Heat have a title. Of the remaining teams, only the Nets and Magic have been to the finals.

If the Spurs top the Trailblazes and Duncan plays in all the games, he will also have more than the Trailblazers.

bleedprple&gold
05-08-2014, 05:16 PM
So have Kobe and Fisher. If you're going to mention a stat like this then you should include all the players that qualify not just your favorite player.

GrumpyOldMan
05-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Here's another interesting Tim Duncan fact. He is the last first overall draft choice to win a championship with the team that drafted him.

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Kobe Bryant has played in 220 playoffs games. That is more games than the following franchises:

Mavs
Cavs
Nets
Raptors
Grizzlies
Bobcats/Hornets
Hornets/Pelicans
Kings
Clippers
T-Wolves
Raptors
Magic
Heat

Of those teams, only the Mavs and Heat have a title. Of the remaining teams, only the Nets and Magic have been to the finals.

AND, HE HAS PLAYED IN MORE PLAYOFF GAMES THAN TIM DUNCAN .... BUT HE HAS NOT PLAYED IN MORE PLAYOFF GAMES THAN DEREK FISHER... OF COURSE DEREK FISHER HAS PLAYED IN MORE PLAYOFF GAMES (245) THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER AND PROBABLY EVEN MORE THAN SOME TEAMS THAT AREN'T LISTED ABOVE. HOWEVER, I WAS TO LAZY TO LOOK IT UP

BUT IT IS AN INTERESTING FACT

5ass
05-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Lol kobephiles. So jealous all the time it must hurt. Btw Duncan will pass Kobe by the end of the week.

beliges
05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
You do not become the winningest player of your generation and one of the most dominant players in the history of the league in terms of winning without making it deep to the playoffs consistently.

One of the few true legends of the game.

beliges
05-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Great great player. His time has obviously gone but still he manages to be a solid role player and anchor for this team.

Mr_Jones
05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Lol kobephiles. So jealous all the time it must hurt. Btw Duncan will pass Kobe by the end of the week.

Not sure what OP said that made you offended all of a sudden. It's an interesting fact..

naps
05-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Derek Fisher played more than him. What's does this prove? One player doesn't play the game. It's a team game for christ's sake. Kobe fans are hilarious. Always trying to find nonsensical stuff to hail him. Los Angeles Lakers played more playoff games since 1996 than those franchises mentioned above, not Kobe himself.

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 06:34 PM
the slow witted will never "get it"

cmellofan15
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
great stat for him but it's sad to think that he might not play in another.

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
here's another interesting tim duncan fact. He is the last first overall draft choice to win a championship with the team that drafted him.

interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotone1401
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Derek Fisher played more than him. What's does this prove? One player doesn't play the game. It's a team game for christ's sake. Kobe fans are hilarious. Always trying to find nonsensical stuff to hail him. Los Angeles Lakers played more playoff games since 1996 than those franchises mentioned above, not Kobe himself.

I don't see why your offended. It was an interesting fact that I didn't know personally.

Hotone1401
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Here's another interesting Tim Duncan fact. He is the last first overall draft choice to win a championship with the team that drafted him.

I think everybody knew that one.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Happens when you are gifted Shaq/Paul and so on down the list.

Hotone1401
05-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Happens when you are gifted Shaq/Paul and so on down the list.

It's been a while since I've been on PSD but the childish baiting is out of control nowadays. I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that every other great player did it by themselves? I really don't get it.

Again, it's been quite a long time for but PSD has changed a lot and not for the better.

L8kers4life
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Man this forum is a joke, the exact same thing was posted for Duncan yesterday, with no hate towards Duncan, so OP mentions it for Kobe ( probably just to see how people react ) and what do you know, the usual haters come out, where were you yesterday 5ass when this thread was out for Duncan? Oh and thanks for pointing out Duncan will pass him in a week, had Kobe not been hurt last year ( he got hurt 2nd to last game of the year, and willed the Lakers to the playoffs) or this year, that may not have been the case, but your hatred for Kobe is getting annoying, get over it!

L8kers4life
05-08-2014, 06:51 PM

And shut up with the Kobephiles, can anyone make a Laker thread with people like you insulting. Trust me, Lakers fan can talk a lot of S*%t about the Clippers, but why, whats the point?

L8kers4life
05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah because no other player plays with great players. Duncan, has had Robinson, Parker, Ginobli, one of the greatest coaches of all time his whole career, but no one mentioned that yesterday, this site is becoming comical, what the F*&k does everyone have against Kobe and the Lakers.

TrueFan420
05-08-2014, 06:58 PM
So have Kobe and Fisher. If you're going to mention a stat like this then you should include all the players that qualify not just your favorite player.

Cause fools always find a way to bring Kobe and lebron into just about every debate eve if it's not related. While he could be involved in a list that would include multiple players it's nice to have at least one thread not be hijacked

bleedprple&gold
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Cause fools always find a way to bring Kobe and lebron into just about every debate eve if it's not related. While he could be involved in a list that would include multiple players it's nice to have at least one thread not be hijacked

Kobe is related in this case and I mentioned Fisher too.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM

helps when the team that gets the #1 pick was actually a contender that just suffered a bunch of injuries and tanked for the year...

L8kers4life
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM

and oh yeah, 1 less ring than Kobe.

bleedprple&gold
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Wheres the Fisher has played more games than X number of franchises thread?

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
1. Derek Fisher 249
2. Robert Horry 244
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 237
4. Kobe Bryant 220
5. Tim Duncan 219
6. Shaquille O'Neal 216
7. Scottie Pippen* 208
8. Danny Ainge 193
Karl Malone* 193
10. Magic Johnson* 190
11. Robert Parish* 184
12. Byron Scott 183
13. John Stockton* 182
14. Tony Parker 181
15. Dennis Johnson* 180
16. Michael Jordan* 179
17. Rasheed Wallace 177
18. John Havlicek* 172
19. Horace Grant 170
20. Dennis Rodman* 169

there are your top 20.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Kobe is related in this case and I mentioned Fisher too.

yeah Fish has played like 3 extra seasons haha. Leads everyone in playoff games played. And counting...

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Wheres the Fisher has played more games than X number of franchises thread?

I am working on it and the KAJ one

patience... INTERESTING THINGS TAKE TIME

Hawkeye15
05-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Duncan most likely finishes ahead of Kobe for most playoff games played, but that goes to show the level of consistency of the Spurs. The Lakers had a short dry spell, and then the last year happened.

Just crazy if you look at the top 20 list on this. It comes from just a handful of teams, or includes players like Horry for example, who has just moved around from playoff team to playoff team.

jerellh528
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
A true legend of the sport.

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2014, 07:45 PM
You should have included the Trailblazers on that list... although the Blazers and Tim Duncan, will pass him by the end of the week.

Great thread! :rolls eyes:

When you are doing a direct quote, you should cite it.

JohnStockton
05-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Interesting fact: Vinylman missed a team: Portland. He also seems to have a hard on for JJH since he just copied and pasted JJH's thread and replaced Duncan's name with Kobe's. Kobe might be relevant his team were actually in the playoffs and if he weren't about to be passed by Duncan, but hey, Kobephiles can hang onto this for the next few days.

Of course, if Kobe were a team player like Duncan and didn't chase Shaq out of town, then he'd had more playoff games by now, but hey... who wants consistency and team play when you have an egomaniac that sells more jerseys and the officials help him win.

5ass
05-08-2014, 08:07 PM
And shut up with the Kobephiles, can anyone make a Laker thread with people like you insulting. Trust me, Lakers fan can talk a lot of S*%t about the Clippers, but why, whats the point?

Its funny because these kobephiles are making such a big deal about. Oh no Kobe isn't getting any recognition, lets cry about it.
I dont give a **** if you insult the clippers. I'm not a clipper fan.

NBA_Starter
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
That is very impressive!

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-08-2014, 08:31 PM

*** at it again

DaLakerz Rulz
05-09-2014, 12:23 AM
this is why kobe > lebron

mightybosstone
05-09-2014, 12:27 AM
....and raped more women than 13 franchises! :rimshot:

mightybosstone
05-09-2014, 12:32 AM

Lol... You do realize that this stat is based solely on longevity and Kobe is 6 years older than Lebron, right? Or how about the fact that Lebron has already played in 143 games and is likely on pace to surpass Kobe in this statistical category? Your logic is severely ****ing flawed.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 12:35 AM

the Fisher is the GOAT

slashsnake
05-09-2014, 03:40 AM

Hmmm, Lebron has started in 145 games through his first 11 years (and will play at a minimum 4 more this year). Kobe in 132. Kobe is the greatest why?

So Fisher and Horry are the two greatest players EVER. Dennis Johnson is better than Jordan. Sheed is better than Bird. Ainge is better than Magic. Lindsey Hunter is better than Olajuwon, Kendrick Perkins is better than David Robinson, Haslem is better than Barkley.

Iron24th
05-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Its funny because these kobephiles are making such a big deal about. Oh no Kobe isn't getting any recognition, lets cry about it.
I dont give a **** if you insult the clippers. I'm not a clipper fan.

Kobe haters are hilarious too.

nickdymez
05-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Lmaoo. People hate kobe so much it's crazy

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 04:38 AM
I just hope he adds to the list next season

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Dupe post.

JohnStockton
05-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Lmaoo. People hate kobe so much it's crazy

I think some people have good reason for that. As good as he might be on the court, his alleged rape was pretty much confirmed by Kobe when the police interviewed him, and what's worse he thought simply paying the girl off made it ok and then told the police that Shaq did this all the time and just paid the girls off and referred to the victim as a 'bimbo eruption' and wrote a letter of apology to her, which if he hadn't done anything wrong, why would he do that?

So yeah... raping women and then trivializing their experience is a pretty good reason to hate somebody. I am not saying all of those are quantifiable facts, but they are the perception that a lot of people have of him, and there is a lot of evidence to support it, so yeah. People hate him and with good cause. He is a disgusting person who seems to have gotten away with one of the worst crimes.

Here's a link: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/sports/kobe-police-file-released

kdspurman
05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
I changed the thread title because it seemed some people were a little sensitive about the initial thread that opened.

My guess is JJH (like many others) saw the graphic during a Spurs game about Duncan's playoff games played. If Kobe were in the playoffs now, I'm quite certain they would show the same graphic for him. I don't think it was a slight to him at all. And it seems whenever Fisher checks in the announcers calling the game will usually bring up how many games he's played too.

L8kers4life
05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
....and raped more women than 13 franchises! :rimshot:

Man your pathetic, your the biggest Troll on here.

mightybosstone
05-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Man your pathetic, your the biggest Troll on here.

:laugh: It was a joke, bro, hence the rimshot at the end. Calm down. I'm not even remotely close to being the biggest troll on the general NBA forum.

lakerfan85
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
:laugh: It was a joke, bro, hence the rimshot at the end. Calm down. I'm not even remotely close to being the biggest troll on the general NBA forum.

It's always so classy to make jokes about somebody getting raped..

Tony_Starks
05-09-2014, 02:25 PM
I love how Kobe haters have this ultimate respect for Pau now. Before he came to LA the only thing he was associated with was being soft and getting swept out of the playoffs.

He had the best years of his career playing with a certain guy but let the haters tell it that was just a lucky coincidence.....

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 02:35 PM
I love how Kobe haters have this ultimate respect for Pau now. Before he came to LA the only thing he was associated with was being soft and getting swept out of the playoffs.

He had the best years of his career playing with a certain guy but let the haters tell it that was just a lucky coincidence.....

how was it a lucky coincidence? That is common dude, for younger star type players to struggle due to no help, and then get in a situation where they have more help, and their game grows.

Happens all the time. Bosh couldn't ever get anything done in the playoffs for instance, and he turned into a key piece for chip teams.

There are a ton of examples.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
how was it a lucky coincidence? That is common dude, for younger star type players to struggle due to no help, and then get in a situation where they have more help, and their game grows.

Happens all the time. Bosh couldn't ever get anything done in the playoffs for instance, and he turned into a key piece for chip teams.

There are a ton of examples.

You don't buy into the concept that some players are better followers, not leaders? That they can be their best with somebody else running the show? Doesn't that make the leaders pretty damn great?

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 03:11 PM
You don't buy into the concept that some players are better followers, not leaders? That they can be their best with somebody else running the show? Doesn't that make the leaders pretty damn great?

sure I buy into that concept. It doesn't change individual contributions.

Look, put it this way. Has Kobe won some series where he wasn't the best player on his own team, let alone in the series? Yes. He has.

But that can be said of a good amount of all timers. Nothing to be ashamed of.

numba1CHANGsta
05-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Since 99'(15 years+9games this year for the Spurs so far)

Lakers: 6 Finals appearances
Spurs: 5 Finals appearances

What did you expect? I'm shocked they haven't played in more playoff games than more teams, I would have probably guessed 18-20 teams

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2014, 06:46 PM
I changed the thread title because it seemed some people were a little sensitive about the initial thread that opened.

My guess is JJH (like many others) saw the graphic during a Spurs game about Duncan's playoff games played. If Kobe were in the playoffs now, I'm quite certain they would show the same graphic for him. I don't think it was a slight to him at all. And it seems whenever Fisher checks in the announcers calling the game will usually bring up how many games he's played too.

Fair enough!

I figured that Duncan was relevant because he's actually in the playoffs.

Fisher is too though, so he should have been included as well.

Either way, what Duncan, Kobe and Fisher have done is VERY impressive.

mightybosstone
05-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Except he was acquitted of all charges and found innocent. I see no reason why that's not up for fair game. Plus, people make jokes about athletes who have been accused of murder all the time. I don't ever see someone go all PC on a poster for making jokes about Ray Lewis. It's the Internet, dude. If you don't have thick enough skin to take a joke as tame as that, you probably shouldn't be posting here to begin with.

Bruno
05-09-2014, 08:14 PM
nice. I'm rooting for the 90's guys until they're gone. soak it up.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Except he was acquitted of all charges and found innocent. I see no reason why that's not up for fair game. Plus, people make jokes about athletes who have been accused of murder all the time. I don't ever see someone go all PC on a poster for making jokes about Ray Lewis. It's the Internet, dude. If you don't have thick enough skin to take a joke as tame as that, you probably shouldn't be posting here to begin with.

So it's cool to make fun of your boy Harden having as much defense as a old prostitute right?

.....it's just jokes.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
So it's cool to make fun of your boy Harden having as much defense as a old prostitute right?

.....it's just jokes.

hahahahahahaha

Hotone1401
05-10-2014, 02:17 AM
so it's cool to make fun of your boy harden having as much defense as a old prostitute right?

.....it's just jokes.

lmfao

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2014, 09:35 AM

+1

Rape jokes = not funny.

If there is some sort of social commentary involved, I'll hear somebody out on this matter, but this is just a rape joke that is making light of the offense. NOT COOL!