PDA

View Full Version : If Jordan's Bulls didn't exist in the 90's

valade16
05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
So pretend Jordan's Bulls don't exist for the 6 titles they won. Who wins each of these series for the Championship?

1991 - Lakers vs. Pistons
1992 - Blazers vs. Cavaliers
1993 - Suns vs. Knicks
1996 - Sonics vs. Magic
1997 - Jazz vs. Heat
1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers

Do you think a Jordan-less Bulls could have won a title (or gone to the Finals) with Scottie as the main man? What would a win for whichever team (and superstar) in those series have done for their legacy (such as Malone/Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, etc.)?

valade16
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I guess I'll start in the hope this spurs further conversation.

1993 - Suns vs. Knicks
1996 - Sonics vs. Magic
1997 - Jazz vs. Heat
1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers

Bolded are who I think would win. Pistons would 3 peat. Clyde gets a ring, Ewing gets a ring (Barkley doesn't), Shaq gets a ring early in his career and Malone/Stockton grab a pair.

I think it most helps Malone/Stockton's legacies to final get a ring or two. I think Malone could edge out Duncan for GOAT PF if he had a ring or two. I'd say it most hurts the legacy of Barkley because he wouldn't have the Jordan excuse for why he didn't win a ring.

Chronz
05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Pistons Win in 6 - Lakers were the better team but they were hampered by injuries by the Finals. Weak playoffs IMO.

Blazers in 6 - Clyde goes down as the 2nd greatest SG but never partners up with Hakeem.

1993 - Suns vs. Knicks
I honestly dont think the Knicks make the Finals this year, Cavs had their number if not for MJ. Suns in 7 regardless. Chuck goes down as the greatest PF before Duncan shows up.

1996 - Sonics vs. Magic
Sonics in 7 - Not sure how this changes history considering Kemp got fat afterwards.

1997 - Jazz vs. Heat
I dunno

1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers
Pacers in 7

Slug3
05-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Pistons Win in 6 - Lakers were the better team but they were hampered by injuries by the Finals. Weak playoffs IMO.

Blazers in 6 - Clyde goes down as the 2nd greatest SG but never partners up with Hakeem.

1993 - Suns vs. Knicks
I honestly dont think the Knicks make the Finals this year, Cavs had their number if not for MJ. Suns in 7 regardless. Chuck goes down as the greatest PF before Duncan shows up.

1996 - Sonics vs. Magic
Sonics in 7 - Not sure how this changes history considering Kemp got fat afterwards.

1997 - Jazz vs. Heat
I dunno

1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers
Pacers in 7

The Heat and Jazz would have been fun to watch. Mourning/Malone and Tim/Stockton would have been so fun to watch.

Shlumpledink
05-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I think the west wins every one of those games.

The back court is what killed orlando magic in the orland/houston series, and the sonics would have dominated them with their backcourt of hershey hawkins and gary payton, with detlef schrempf. Those sonics played well against teams with bigmen, since they had a front court of a great floorspacer in sam perkins, and a great faceup bigman in shawn kemp. The rockets would have made it to the finals more if not for the gp/kemp sonics.

I would have loved to have seen a bulls/rockets finals matchup. I think that would have been the matchup of the century.

BALLER R
05-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Then there would be a lot more guys with Rings.

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2014, 08:54 AM
1991 - Lakers vs. Pistons = Piston's Three-peat
1992 - Blazers vs. Cavaliers = Blazers! (though I'm not sure the Cavs would be in the finals, maybe NY?)
1993 - Suns vs. Knicks = Suns!
1996 - Sonics vs. Magic = Sonics
1997 - Jazz vs. Heat = Jazz!
1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers = Jazz!

It would have been interesting to see who would have won the MVP each year instead of Jordan. Also, I have a hard on for Stockton and Malone, so I may be biased there. Those would have been great games to watch!

NJrockPD
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I would really love to see that Magic vs. Sonics series.

Magic Roster
Shaquille O'Neal
Anfernee Hardaway
Dennis Scott
Nick Anderson
Horace Grant

Sonics
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton
Detlef Schrempf
Hersey Hawkins
Sam Perkins
Ervin Johnson
Nate McMillan

scissors
05-08-2014, 04:16 PM
That Heat team was pretty awesome. I think they beat the Jazz.

abe_froman
05-08-2014, 04:28 PM
So pretend Jordan's Bulls don't exist for the 6 titles they won. Who wins each of these series for the Championship?

1993 - Suns vs. Knicks
1996 - Sonics vs. Magic
1997 - Jazz vs. Heat
1998 - Jazz vs. Pacers

Do you think a Jordan-less Bulls could have won a title (or gone to the Finals) with Scottie as the main man? What would a win for whichever team (and superstar) in those series have done for their legacy (such as Malone/Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, etc.)?
det
blazers
suns
i can go either way in magic/sonics
jazz
jazz

gotten to the finals w/ only pippen? yes.win one? no

malone/stockton=malone is in convo for goat pf,stockton is seen as 3rd best pg ever.both are consensus top 25

barkley-also in goat pf debate(and kj gets in the hof)

ewing-i dont think he ever wins,but if he did he's a consensus top tier center(viewed in the convo with robinson and moses) ,consensus top 20

drexler-viewed as arguable best sg(along with west) until kobe,the drops to 2/3 ,bumped into the top 20 all time

thomas-consensus number 1/2 on the pg list,and top 10 all time player(with a minority saying he's goat player)

payton/kemp-kemp gets in the hof,payton-probably viewed how people view fraizer or thomas right now
if the magic wins-shaq still goes to la,and probably becomes heavy fav for goat

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 05:01 AM
A couple guys who are currently ring less might add some jewelry to their collection

Iron24th
05-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Western sweep

scissors
05-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Was JB on PSD in the 90's?

How would things be different? Maybe people on this forum wouldn't know quite as much about T-mac?

jimm120
05-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Knicks made the finals twice, regardless of Jordan (though they were in non-Jordan years...)

I feel they would have made the finals around 4 times and would have won once.

bhavr
05-10-2014, 12:33 AM
NBA would be boring