PDA

View Full Version : With DTS gone, who now takes over as the leagues worst owner?

Chronz
05-07-2014, 01:33 AM
?

goingfor28
05-07-2014, 01:35 AM
buss

numba1CHANGsta
05-07-2014, 01:39 AM
MJ
Jim buss
Cuban
The Douche that owns the Cavs
Dolan

jerellh528
05-07-2014, 01:42 AM
James Dolan

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Is DTS really gone though? I'm hearing hes getting ready for a giant lawsuit. And I think he is going to have a pretty good case. But if he is out, it's gotta be the Cavs owner.

Kaner
05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
3-way tie between Jordan, Dolan, and Dan Gilbert.

douglas
05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
I kinda hate Robert Sarver.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Dan Gilbert

kingsdelez24
05-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Thank god the Magoofs aren't the owners of the kings anymore

abe_froman
05-07-2014, 02:21 AM
dolan

Lakers + Giants
05-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Jim Buss

TrueFan420
05-07-2014, 02:36 AM
MJ
Jim buss
Cuban
Dolan
Um what?

Cuban might talk a little too much for my liking and meddle more than he should but dude has been a fantastic owner and extremely committed to putting a winning team on the court. And giving his team/fans the best of the best.

PurpleLynch
05-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Gilbert vs Dolan

Honorable mention:Jim Buss. I didn't put him with the other two just because I want to give him a last chance and see who is he gonna hire after the "Double-Mike fiasco".

Goose17
05-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Dolan is and always was... from a basketball stand point anyway.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Gilbert vs Dolan

Honorable mention:Jim Buss. I didn't put him with the other two just because I want to give him a last chance and see who is he gonna hire after the "Double-Mike fiasco".

I got to go with this one. I lean towards Gilbert though. His curse on Bron rant crossed the line and he can't get that franchise to win.

Thumper 88
05-07-2014, 08:21 AM
MJ
Jim buss
Cuban
Dolan
Wtf on Cuban? What makes you say that?

How many owners sit court side almost every game home and away with there team?
He rejuvenated that team, loses money most years to do his best a putting a winning team on the court.

Cuban is actually one of the best owners in sports

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
The guy who owns the Warriors is pretty awful. I know firing Chris Mullin wasn't popular there, and I know Mullin didn't do a great job, but he also never got any high picks and none of the drafted he had picks on was very deep, but he got then into back-to-back .500 seasons and the playoffs.... so other than the last year which saw a regression, he had done pretty well with the roster outside of drafting players. Now they get another successful guy (Mark Jackson) and they fire him despite the fact that the players openly support him (which isn't the case with most coaches).

They don't seem to know when they have a good thing.

I think Buss is pretty awful as well.

FYL_McVeezy
05-07-2014, 09:53 AM
James Dolan

James Dolan

and James Dolan round out the top 3....

If Jr. Buss doesn't get his act together he will find his way on the list too.....

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2014, 11:43 AM
You guys are funny. How Jim Buss can be put on the list after hes been part owner of a team for exactly one year is beyond me. You have teams ran by guys that have failed year after year after year for decades. Yet he takes over an aging roster and is expected to work miracles.

By the way, he is not the owner of the team. His sister Jeanie is the actual owner.

astonmartin10
05-07-2014, 12:53 PM
It has to be Dolan.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-07-2014, 12:55 PM
As a person, I don't know that anyone is as bad as Sterling.

But as an owner, I don't think that Dolan was ever better than him. They were both equally ******.

Tony_Starks
05-07-2014, 01:17 PM
He's right here in my city. Jimmy Bus. I'm trying to find a chick to set him up as we speak....

jerellh528
05-07-2014, 01:24 PM
He's right here in my city. Jimmy Bus. I'm trying to find a chick to set him up as we speak....

I mean, you can't really say that yet. Not to mention as a family, the buss's are 4 years from back to back titles and only two years from fielding a team that were paper favorites with 4 future hofers in Kobe, pau, Nash, Dwight. It simply didn't work, but hell of a try on the buss's part. I know that was largely Jerry's doing, but he's only been gone for a year, give jim and Jeanie some time. Jim already said if he can't make the lakers true contenders within 3 years, he will step down as owner.

Tony_Starks
05-07-2014, 01:38 PM
I mean, you can't really say that yet. Not to mention as a family, the buss's are 4 years from back to back titles and only two years from fielding a team that were paper favorites with 4 future hofers in Kobe, pau, Nash, Dwight. It simply didn't work, but hell of a try on the buss's part. I know that was largely Jerry's doing, but he's only been gone for a year, give jim and Jeanie some time. Jim already said if he can't make the lakers true contenders within 3 years, he will step down as owner.

My thing is he's actually been in charge for years. When Dr Buss health started declining he basically turned the team over to him. Jeanie runs the business side, Jimmy runs the team. Those were Dr Buss wishes.

So I can't give him a pass for hiring Mike Brown, spitting in Phil's face, and hiring DAntoni. That was all him.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Dolan, easily. He has NYC, and the Knicks, with all the money in the universe to spend, and has still not put together a contender since the mid 90's. Hell, not even a legit playoff team.

Arch Stanton
05-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Does everyone even know the owners of all NBA teams? I feel like people are just throwing out names of owners that have been or are in the public eye. How about Glen Taylor who owns the Timberwolves? They haven't been to the playoffs in a decade. Also, until this year Jordan has been a pretty bad owner I suppose.

abe_froman
05-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Does everyone even know the owners of all NBA teams? I feel like people are just throwing out names of owners that have been or are in the public eye. How about Glen Taylor who owns the Timberwolves? They haven't been to the playoffs in a decade. Also, until this year Jordan has been a pretty bad owner I suppose.

taylor isnt good,but dolan is worse given all the advantages he has

...and mj ,its still too early for me to rank him over guys like dolan and sarver,ect.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Dolan is and always was... from a basketball stand point anyway.

this

and lol at Jim Buss. Without Stern veto ********..... :drool:

MonroeFAN
05-07-2014, 02:14 PM

:eyebrow:

cahawk
05-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Clay Bennett of OKC & Dan Gilbert of Cavs

both worse than Sterling.

Crackadalic
05-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Dolan.

Hire two of the worse gm's in our franchise history that left that team in a big hole

Every big name turn into a laughing stock

Players that had the talent to be a playoff team or even a chance to be a contender destroyed because of a mafia style atmosphere

It's fuccin ny

The fact that we have all the money in the world and we still suck is beyond me

I'm still haunted how the eddy curry trade turn our picks into lamarcus Aldridge and Noah

Jackson is the only good thing he's done but with Dolan around it still leaves most knick fans worry to a fault

NBA_Starter
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Gilbert

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Taylor isn't a good owner per say, but how on earth any team can suck for 20 years with the advantages of NYC takes the cake dude. They can spend whatever they want. FA's want to go there. Yet, they have been awful for 20 years.

spreadeagle
05-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Gilbert, damn that team drafts poorly

east fb knicks
05-07-2014, 09:59 PM
dolan and if melo leaves I see dolan back to his old tricks

amos1er
05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Easily Jim Buss. Dude took a championship roster and turned into a mediocre squad, then a lottery team. Not to mention he passed up on the GOAT coach twice.

bootleg42
05-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Easily James Dolan.

He took the Knicks, who were contenders for over a decade, and he single handedly just gave the Knicks oen of their worst decades ever (the 2000s).

And even when things were looking up in early 2011, he found a way to ruin it, and now the Knicks are a joke again (and probably will continue to be one for the foreseeable future thanks to James Dolan).

Arch Stanton
05-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Taylor isn't a good owner per say, but how on earth any team can suck for 20 years with the advantages of NYC takes the cake dude. They can spend whatever they want. FA's want to go there. Yet, they have been awful for 20 years.

I'm not doubting it. In fact I agree. I just think most of the people that are responding in this thread are mentioning owners that have been spotlight. I mean how is Cuban a bad owner? Because he's vocal?!?!?

amos1er
05-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Easily James Dolan.

He took the Knicks, who were contenders for over a decade, and he single handedly just gave the Knicks oen of their worst decades ever (the 2000s).

And even when things were looking up in early 2011, he found a way to ruin it, and now the Knicks are a joke again (and probably will continue to be one for the foreseeable future thanks to James Dolan).

At least Dolan had enough foresight to hire Phil Jackson. Unlike Jim Buss who passed on him twice because he thought he could do a better job himself. :facepalm:

Gibby23
05-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Shelly Sterling

torocan
05-08-2014, 01:08 PM
At least Dolan had enough foresight to hire Phil Jackson. Unlike Jim Buss who passed on him twice because he thought he could do a better job himself. :facepalm:

Buss doesn't have the track record to even be in the same league as Dolan. Buss is a rookie, Dolan is an All-NBA, perennial All-Star, and MVP candidate when it comes to sucking as an owner.

And let's not get too far ahead of ourselves in terms of Dolan and Phil Jackson. Dolan hasn't had nearly enough time to prove whether he's turned a new leaf or this is just another lead up to another act of monstrous terribad. Remember Larry Brown? Donnie Walsh? Isaiah Thomas?

Buss still has a lot to prove that he can rise to the level of an All Star terrible owner. That said, he definitely has potential!

todu82
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Dan Gilbert

kylem4711
05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Shelly Sterling

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 04:59 AM
The draft should shine some light too lol

Iron24th
05-09-2014, 05:07 AM
top 3

dolan
gilbert
buss

Bostonjorge
05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
LOL Knicks suck

Heatcheck
05-09-2014, 09:44 AM

You mean the guy who told Detroit to hire Mo cheeks? yeah, coaching a team is one thing, running it is a totally different thing

Tony_Starks
05-09-2014, 12:26 PM
I completely forgot about Minnys owner. Not only have they been horrible since forever but letting David Kahn play his bad version of fantasy basketball for years was a joke. Horrible drafting, random FA signings and coaches.... basically screwing up every which way possible.

Dolan is really bad but at least he can say they have a 50+ season and a playoff appearance in recent history.

PurpleLynch
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I got to go with this one. I lean towards Gilbert though. His curse on Bron rant crossed the line and he can't get that franchise to win.

I feel you,but Dolan managed to have two teams with huge payrolls and he obatined just failures...