PDA

View Full Version : Info on the Pacers collapse

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Word on the street is Paul George has been piping down Hibberts chick. It's on the internet, but I don't know how to post a link. What do you guys think?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/551377/20140507/pacers-nba-news.htm#.U2lkkV5_BBU

bathroom_man
05-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Paul george is hot. Wouldnt surprise if he bang my wife either. On the other hand, hibbert is fat and unattractive

Rush
05-06-2014, 06:10 PM
No source. Closing this.

Rush
05-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Edited the OP to add a link. Thank you to Goose for the link.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
So do you trade Hibbert or George?

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
^is that a serious question?

Asik's better
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I do like how people hate tmz and what they do but then take articles like these as completely factual.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 07:07 PM
^is that a serious question?

Yes it is. PG has regressed and this a team sport. You can't build around a player that will cause off the field issues and isn't a clear superstar.

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Paul George is a clear superstar. He's going through a slump, let's not ignore 82 games for 8 shall we?

Hawkeye15
05-06-2014, 07:11 PM
the Granger/Turner trade was the point in time where this team fell apart. Not saying either is the actual reason, but their offense went to pure crap, and Hibbert has reverted back to his play from early last season, when people were claiming it was a joke he was given the max.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Paul George is a clear superstar. He's going through a slump, let's not ignore 82 games for 8 shall we?

I'm not he started the season strong and regressed. Or are you ignoring the last couple months of the season. In may the Pacers had one of the worst records and when they met run n gun teams like my Suns they tore them a new one. If you can't respect your teammates you are not going anywhere. That's what differentiates the Kobe's, LeBrons, Duncans of the game from the wanna be superstars. They understand it's a team sport which goes beyond the court.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 07:16 PM
the Granger/Turner trade was the point in time where this team fell apart. Not saying either is the actual reason, but their offense went to pure crap, and Hibbert has reverted back to his play from early last season, when people were claiming it was a joke he was given the max.

Yup. He provided leadership and stability in the locker room.

Crackadalic
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Put this on reality tv.

FriedTofuz
05-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Washington will be the #2 seed next season, pacers wont make the playoffs

FlakeyFool
05-06-2014, 07:44 PM
how rude

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 07:46 PM
So they didn't get their swords crossed, it's just that they were taking turns inserting their swords in the same sheath.

NBA_Starter
05-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Well this is interesting. I wondered what happened to Hibbert.

Kaner
05-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Yes it is. PG has regressed and this a team sport. You can't build around a player that will cause off the field issues and isn't a clear superstar.

pg has been playing as well in the playoffs as he did earlier in the season. Hibbert makes Kendrick Perkins look like a superstar in comparison.

Kaner
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm not he started the season strong and regressed. Or are you ignoring the last couple months of the season. In may the Pacers had one of the worst records and when they met run n gun teams like my Suns they tore them a new one. If you can't respect your teammates you are not going anywhere. That's what differentiates the Kobe's, LeBrons, Duncans of the game from the wanna be superstars. They understand it's a team sport which goes beyond the court.

Yeah because Kobe's never been a locker room issue...

east fb knicks
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
who cares that shouldn't affect his play j rich or Barbosa knocked up nash's wife guess what nash won the mvp fk these hoes if anything pg is doing hibbert a favor by showing him he's with a bird bros b4 hoes:cheers:

mdm692
05-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Yeah because Kobe's never been a locker room issue...
Why because of Shaq? When that became an issue they lost to the Pistons and after that the Lakers sucked. They then got Gasol and even played with MWP, a player he hated, for his 5th a ring. The only thing Kobe is guilty of is holding players accountable in public and he is in his right.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 08:28 PM
who cares that shouldn't affect his play j rich or Barbosa knocked up nash's wife guess what nash won the mvp fk these hoes if anything pg is doing hibbert a favor by showing him he's with a bird bros b4 hoes:cheers:
Nash won the MVP in 05 and 06. The incident with his wife was in 09-10 and both Jrich and Barbs were traded away as a result of it.

WITZ
05-06-2014, 08:36 PM
So this is Delonte west/Lebron version 2 :laugh2:

numba1CHANGsta
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I effin hate homie hoppers, geez girls will sleep with anyone famous now a days but what's sad they sleep with people who aren't even that famous LOL

east fb knicks
05-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Nash won the MVP in 05 and 06. The incident with his wife was in 09-10 and both Jrich and Barbs were traded away as a result of it.

lmao my bad but still nash didn't quit on his team he was still ballin hibberts a biach

Kaner
05-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Why because of Shaq? When that became an issue they lost to the Pistons and after that the Lakers sucked. They then got Gasol and even played with MWP, a player he hated, for his 5th a ring. The only thing Kobe is guilty of is holding players accountable in public and he is in his right.

Your seriously brushing off Kobe-Shaq feud and pretending that wasn't a HUGE locker room issue? Shaq and Kobe both destroyed what should have been a dynasty to match the Bulls. Both of them aggravated the fight and caused the teams collapse. Neither Shaq nor Kobe could put their pride to the side to try and mend their relationship in order to win the way your implying he would. No way that happens if you replace Kobe with your other examples of Lebron or Duncan. Not to mention just a year ago his feud with Howard pushed Howard out. Kobe's an amazing player but he's never been a great locker room guy.

Shlumpledink
05-06-2014, 09:34 PM
If Roger Dorn can forgive, so should Roy Hibbert

mudvayne387
05-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Hahahaha Paul George is far from a superstar ...

Crackadalic
05-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Guy code violation

Bros before hoes. They didn't get the memo

On a serious note hibbert is soft as hell mentally my god. People have bigger issues and he's letting this bother him?

mdm692
05-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Your seriously brushing off Kobe-Shaq feud and pretending that wasn't a HUGE locker room issue? Shaq and Kobe both destroyed what should have been a dynasty to match the Bulls. Both of them aggravated the fight and caused the teams collapse. Neither Shaq nor Kobe could put their pride to the side to try and mend their relationship in order to win the way your implying he would. No way that happens if you replace Kobe with your other examples of Lebron or Duncan. Not to mention just a year ago his feud with Howard pushed Howard out. Kobe's an amazing player but he's never been a great locker room guy.
You seriously have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader? If you re-read my post you can clearly see where I acknowledge it. When they let their egos get in the way they lost to the Pistons and the Lakers sucked after that until he matured like the leader he is today and like the leader that won 2 championships in 09 and 10. And Howard pushed himself out by being a diva. He wanted to be in LA and when he got there the spotlight was too much for him. He will NEVER be a #1 option on a championship team and ge needs to get that. He's not as dominant as Shaq was nor does he have the footwork to work with his back to the basket. You have to be a major Kobe hater to not give the man credit. When it came to them winning championships, specially in the late 00's, he knew he had to put his ego aside and play with whomever it was as a team.

GiantsSwaGG
05-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Who can resist his duck face

rex.reyesiii
05-06-2014, 11:54 PM
The only time i liked something like this from happening was when an 80's hair band got destroyed because of the same reason(Poison, Ricky Rocket vs. Kotzen).

:D

Kaner
05-07-2014, 12:00 AM
You seriously have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader? If you re-read my post you can clearly see where I acknowledge it. When they let their egos get in the way they lost to the Pistons and the Lakers sucked after that until he matured like the leader he is today and like the leader that won 2 championships in 09 and 10. And Howard pushed himself out by being a diva. He wanted to be in LA and when he got there the spotlight was too much for him. He will NEVER be a #1 option on a championship team and ge needs to get that. He's not as dominant as Shaq was nor does he have the footwork to work with his back to the basket. You have to be a major Kobe hater to not give the man credit. When it came to them winning championships, specially in the late 00's, he knew he had to put his ego aside and play with whomever it was as a team.

:laugh2: where do you acknowledge it? "When that became an issue they lost to the Pistons and after that the Lakers sucked." Is this what your talking about because you don't put jackshit on kobe in this post. Kobe and Shaq ****ed up a dynasty with their ego's and your going to say that he has always been some great guy that's willing to do whatever it takes?! Howard and Kobe hated each other, no matter how you spin it that was a major part of their chemistry issues and that's on both of them. It's also a big part of why Howard wanted out.

Your Initial point though was that Indiana can't build around a 24 year old Paul George because he doesn't have what it takes to put his team first when as you now concede a 26 year old Kobe was a part of one of the biggest locker room clashes in sports and am not taking credit away from Kobe as a player. It's a fact that he has had locker room issues in the past and you have to be a major kobe homer not to recognize that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Sweet, thanks for reopening my thread. Serious question, wtf is wrong with some one these guys? Sleeping with teammates moms and fiancÚs? Some of these dude are pos. shannon brown did the same thing to pau, and pau has never been the same since. SMH

Chrisclover
05-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Paul george is hot. Wouldnt surprise if he bang my wife either. On the other hand, hibbert is fat and unattractive
But his "stick " is bigger,longer,and presumably more forceful.It is like big boobs for men,immensely irresistible.

FlashBolt
05-07-2014, 12:57 AM
I would not mind having Hibbert/Ibaka on my front court.

RipCity32
05-07-2014, 02:27 AM
Paul George is starting to sound like a sexual predator. Dude cant seem to keep his dick in his pants.

PraiseJesus
05-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Sweet, thanks for reopening my thread. Serious question, wtf is wrong with some one these guys? Sleeping with teammates moms and fiancÚs? Some of these dude are pos. shannon brown did the same thing to pau, and pau has never been the same since. SMH

It's a mystery to me.

These guys have ladies throwing themselves at them at every stop in the country but they have to all rub on the same chicks?

I understand this crap happening to regular folks but among teammates when you are celebrities?....

Just pathetic

mngopher35
05-07-2014, 03:28 AM

This might be your best post ever, I completely agree. How in the world can you do that to a teammate/friend? I bet many people on here have been in a similar situation and turned it down immediately, even though we aren't all superstar millionaires getting attractive women throwing themselves at us daily.

It is really messed up that you would risk your friendship and team on one stupid affair.

Hopefully this story is just BS.

kingsdelez24
05-07-2014, 06:11 AM

Nash's kid turned out white, the jrich/barbosa thing was a rumor

Goose17
05-07-2014, 06:42 AM
People still think dudes were knocking up Nash's wife? That was disproven years ago, it was all B.S

xxcubs22xx
05-07-2014, 06:52 AM
This might be your best post ever, I completely agree. How in the world can you do that to a teammate/friend? I bet many people on here have been in a similar situation and turned it down immediately, even though we aren't all superstar millionaires getting attractive women throwing themselves at us daily.

It is really messed up that you would risk your friendship and team on one stupid affair.

Hopefully this story is just BS.

I completely agree as well. I hope this story is B.S too. I'm not gonna lie, I hate the Pacers from a rivalry standpoint, but I was always intrigued by this team. If they were all firing on all cylinders, I'd watch as many Pacers games as possible. They were fun to watch. Paul George is not a superstar, and Hibbert may be the Achilles heel of the team; he's not that good. Gortat and Nene are better than Hibbert by leaps and bounds, or any Pacers big (right now), for that matter. It's a shame because before the meltdown they looked unstoppable. But right now they are disabling their own talent for some reason.

Egos and hoes.

Cal827
05-07-2014, 09:52 AM
I meant to post it here:

They should deal out George. Don't think any married veteran (or veteran in a relationship) is going to trust him.

Also, I guess we know why Bynum has been missing

Arch Stanton
05-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I blame Bynum. He's a team cancer.

Avenged
05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Remember when Shannon banged Pau's girl. Lol

Raps08-09 Champ
05-07-2014, 10:44 AM
PG just taking revenge since Hibbert catfished him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Remember when Shannon banged Pau's girl. Lol

Exactly what I said, wtf is wrong with these idoots. Poor Pau collapsed mentally and on the court since then. ;/

RateSports
05-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

HeatBBall
05-08-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure if this has been a thread yet, but felt it may be what caused the implosion of the Pacers the past few months. I wonder how true this story is. As a player you should be able to get tons of women, why choose someone that's your boy's wife? And George doesn't have enough problems with the baby mamma drama yet.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/551377/20140507/pacers-nba-news.htm

kingsdelez24
05-08-2014, 09:57 AM
No. Delete this thread. A vast majority of "player sleeps with players wife/fiance/girlfriend" rumors are fake. This is a basketball forum, not a celebrity gossip forum

chi-townlove1
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Had this thread two days ago.

chi-townlove1
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

Why are we laughing? Paul George is a top 10 player in the nba and on the verge of super-stardom. And I can only name about 3 guys I would start a franchise with today over him.

HeatBBall
05-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Why are we laughing? Paul George is a top 10 player in the nba and on the verge of super-stardom. And I can only name about 3 guys I would start a franchise with today over him.

No way is Paul George a top 10 player. He's a star player, but to me personally I don't think he's an All-star.

goingfor28
05-08-2014, 11:07 AM
No. Delete this thread. A vast majority of "player sleeps with players wife/fiance/girlfriend" rumors are fake. This is a basketball forum, not a celebrity gossip forum

While true, TMZ did break us the DTS thing

chi-townlove1
05-08-2014, 11:11 AM

No way is Paul George a top 10 player. He's a star player, but to me personally I don't think he's an All-star.

Your all ridiculous and blinded but what your watching right now, as well as judging him based off of the pacers performance as a whole. There is NOT 10 players in this league better than that man is at the game of basketball itself. Unbelievable how so many forget so soon. No one is saying he is the MVP. No one is saying he's the best small forward or shooting guard ( even though he is better than harden IMO). But my goodness. Do you not watch him enough? Do you not see the effort he puts in of defense and is consistently one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. He can also score from just about anywhere. His numbers are still highly productive, but his team isn't winning, and when they are it's not convincingly. But that does not take away from his individual talent as a basketball player.

PacersForLife
05-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I can't believe people believe all this nonsense...

Tony_Starks
05-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Evidently Hibbert doesn't believe in Bros over Hoes.....

Tony_Starks
05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Your all ridiculous and blinded but what your watching right now, as well as judging him based off of the pacers performance as a whole. There is NOT 10 players in this league better than that man is at the game of basketball itself. Unbelievable how so many forget so soon. No one is saying he is the MVP. No one is saying he's the best small forward or shooting guard ( even though he is better than harden IMO). But my goodness. Do you not watch him enough? Do you not see the effort he puts in of defense and is consistently one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. He can also score from just about anywhere. His numbers are still highly productive, but his team isn't winning, and when they are it's not convincingly. But that does not take away from his individual talent as a basketball player.

People are prisoners of the moment. Besides Lebron I bet you people can't name three players that can shoot AND defend better than George.

Kaner
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
People are prisoners of the moment. Besides Lebron I bet you people can't name three players that can shoot AND defend better than George.

Why would someone need to do both better than George to be a better player than him? Klay Thompson is a much better shooter and defender then Harden but ones a superstar and the others a role-player.

RateSports
05-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Hahahahahaha

I highlighted the clear part.

He is NOT a clear superstar, nor do I think he is on the verge of anything. He's good, but he's not in my Top 10.

1. Lebron
2. Durant

The rest in no order

Curry
Griffin
Harden
Howard
Kobe
Lillard
Love
Melo
Rose
Wade
Westbrook

mdm692
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
:laugh2: where do you acknowledge it? "When that became an issue they lost to the Pistons and after that the Lakers sucked." Is this what your talking about because you don't put jackshit on kobe in this post. Kobe and Shaq ****ed up a dynasty with their ego's and your going to say that he has always been some great guy that's willing to do whatever it takes?! Howard and Kobe hated each other, no matter how you spin it that was a major part of their chemistry issues and that's on both of them. It's also a big part of why Howard wanted out.

Your Initial point though was that Indiana can't build around a 24 year old Paul George because he doesn't have what it takes to put his team first when as you now concede a 26 year old Kobe was a part of one of the biggest locker room clashes in sports and am not taking credit away from Kobe as a player. It's a fact that he has had locker room issues in the past and you have to be a major kobe homer not to recognize that.
And at 26 Kobe had 3 rings. How many does PG have? All he has to show this year is a 7 game series with the Horford-less hawks :laugh:. On top of that had it not been for Hibbert finding his game they would be down 0-2 to Was. And I hate Kobe with a passion so I don't know how I'm a homer.

mngopher35
05-08-2014, 02:22 PM

Woah, hold up a sec. George is a great player on the verge of top 10 but I don't think it is ridiculous to keep him outside. This is the first year he has even been near that discussion so I am not sure what you mean by "how so many forget so soon"?

Him vs. Harden is a good debate, I think I would agree with you that this season he could be considered the better player. Harden's completely inept defense compared to PG being amazing on that edge will give him the edge for me (since Harden is only a little better on offense, so the defensive gap is much much larger).

We do still have Lebron, Durant, Chris Paul as definitely better. Then we have a large group that I think people could argue as better with the first few being basically locks (Curry, Parker, Griffin, Love, Melo, Aldridge, Noah, Westbrook, Harden, Dwight and maybe one or two I forget off the top of my head). I don't think it is crazy to say PG isn't in the top 10 yet.

Kaner
05-08-2014, 02:43 PM
And at 26 Kobe had 3 rings. How many does PG have? All he has to show this year is a 7 game series with the Horford-less hawks :laugh:. On top of that had it not been for Hibbert finding his game they would be down 0-2 to Was. And I hate Kobe with a passion so I don't know how I'm a homer.

:facepalm: you seem to have completely lost track of what this discussion is about so let me remind you. I was refuting 2 of your points

1.) that it's even debatable whether they should build around PG or Hibbert the way things have been going when ones been playing like an all-star all season and the others been playing like a d-leaguer for months. One good game doesn't change that.

2.) That you can't build around bad locker room guys citing Kobe an example of how a true superstar acts. When both Kobe and Shaq(another difficult guy who is obviously a superstar) has been a locker room issue in the past and by extension is an example of someone who has been difficult to work with but CAN be built around when you were using him as an example of the opposite.

Obviously Kobe was much more accomplished and talented when his **** came to a head then George is now the point is that you claimed Kobe has never been a locker room problem and that's just not true. Both him and Shaq are top 10 players all-time and were both very difficult to work with causing alot of drama.

HeatBBall
05-08-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm not arguing that PG isn't a very good player, but he's not top 10 and he's not a SUPER-star. Just a star.

As far as building around him vs Hibbert, for sure I'd go with PG over Hibbert. Hibbert is overrated and got a fat contract cuz how he plays the Heat.

Tony_Starks
05-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Why would someone need to do both better than George to be a better player than him? Klay Thompson is a much better shooter and defender then Harden but ones a superstar and the others a role-player.

Harden is a liability defensively AND a ball stopper. He doesn't even count. Clay is a better shooter but not a great defender.

My point is when you can do everything, in my little book that makes you a superstar. The list of players that are all NBA and all defense is really short....

USMCLaker
05-09-2014, 12:53 AM
I always believed it had something to do with a woman if it was anything else he would have come out and said it. I have a sick relative, my friend is dying but nothing.

That being said he should just have it out with the guy and then go about his business of winning a title.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2014, 01:28 AM

whoa. We agree for the first time ever. Literally

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Guys who sleep with other men's women are pretty low on my respect totem pole