PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson Fired

mjt20mik
05-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Golden State has fired coach Mark Jackson, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Where do you think he ends up, and who replaces him?

Matter.
05-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Golden State has fired coach Mark Jackson, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

mdm692
05-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Lakers?

NYKnickFanatic
Holy ****. Curry won't be to happy.

MonroeFAN
what an idiotic move.

I hope we go after him, but no one wants to live in Detroit.

Rush
05-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Un****ingbelievable, even though this is what I expected. Just dumb.

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
This is the first topic about it, and should be bumped.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:15 PM

You're sig. :drool: Grande is bad.

D-Leethal
He seems like a primetime fit in Indy and will keep their identity intact. Complete overhaul for LA but I think his type of coaching would really resonate with and keep Kobe happy.

lincecum=future
No surprise. His replacement will determine whether this is a good or bad move, but as of now I don't like it at all

NYKnickFanatic
what an idiotic move.

I hope we go after him, but no one wants to live in Detroit.

Yup. Pretty stupid. Guess things must have been really bad between him and management.

mjt20mik
05-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Yea.. eitherway it should get merged..

sad they let him go.. didn't deserve it

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I will be devoting energy next season to booing ownership and making it uncomfortable for them to attend games

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Maybe Golden State will have one less problem without him, if you know what I mean. ;)

tredigs
05-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I will be devoting energy next season to booing ownership and making it uncomfortable for them to attend games

Yes, they will be the ones leaving in this scenario. Lmao

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
I hope he doesn't go to Indy.

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah, a great coach is fired today for a terrible reason.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Warriors are a joke, he's a solid coach

Avenged
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Probably due to all the drama I guess. Still a turrible move. Not sure where they're going to get someone better.

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2014, 03:25 PM
It's a Shame he's a good coach, especially for his lack of experience. It tells me that GS is in WIN NOW mode

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't think they have the roster to win now, but I don't get how Mark Jackson prevented them from doing that.

Htownballa1622
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Unfortunate.

I liked the energy and hard nose defense he preached.

Sucks the reasoning.

**** why must we still have Mchale?

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah seriously, how does Kevin McHale still have a job and Mark Jackson doesn't. FO needs to get their heads out of their ***** and let the people who know what they're doing do it.

mgjohnson7851
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Good I have no respect for Mark Jackson. All he does is whine and cry in the playoffs. He cried about Stephan curry getting fouled hard last years playoffs when six weeks earlier he said he would foul him hard if he was on the other side.

Fast forward to this year, and the sick bastard tries to use sterlings racism to his advantage by telling clippers fans they should boycott the games. The guy has no shame.

smith&wesson
05-06-2014, 03:30 PM
dumb move by GS. . . jackson is a good coach. they will miss him.

LAKobeBryant
05-06-2014, 03:31 PM
this is going to snowball onto the roster, players demanding to leave then performance wise fall.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 03:32 PM
no surprises here.

he was a Preacher not an X's & O's guy. I'm sure the Warriors management know more then we do. I wish him the best. he did a great job with the Warriors.

Mark Jackson doesn't want to leave California since his family is in LA. He commuted from LA to Oakland to coach The Warriors. Either he goes back to broadcasting or to the Lakers.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
no surprises here.

he was a Preacher not an X's & O's guy. I'm sure the Warriors management know more then we do. I wish him the best. he did a great job with the Warriors.

Mark Jackson doesn't want to leave California since his family is in LA. He commuted from LA to Oakland to coach The Warriors. Either he goes back to broadcasting or to the Lakers.

You really think it's either coach the Lakers or back to broadcasting? Doubt it.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Yes, they will be the ones leaving in this scenario. Lmao

Maybe they won't leave immediately but they won't be able to stop my heckling for an entire season..

I will give them money just in order to make their arena experience less than enjoyable.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Warriors are dumb as hell with this move and just alienated about 60% of its fans

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 03:41 PM
The Warriors are capable of 50 wins without MJ. Warriors obviously have someone else in mind if they fired Jackson. its not always about results. A lot of crap happened internally with MJ and the Front Office. I hope those details come out.

George Karl Fired after 57 wins last season w/ Nuggets

Lionel Hollins Fired after 57 wins last season w/ Grizzlies and making it to the Western Conference Finals.

Vinny Del Negro Fired after 56 Wins Last Season w/ Clippers. (one less win then Doc Rivers)

Its not always about record or results...

Wombatman4
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Why don't we reserve judgement until we see who replaces him and how the team performs. Ownership is after a championship. They brought in bogut, the brought in iggy, and the monta trade was absolutely the best move, and people were angry about that when it happened. Haven't they proved they have the franchise's best interest in mind?

mdm692
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
this is going to snowball onto the roster, players demanding to leave then performance wise fall.

And just like that its the 2000's for GS again :sigh:.

Asik's better
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Why does warrior management keep doing this no matter who is in charge? Everytime they at start building something good they do something stupid that could ruin the team.

2-ONE-5
05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
i really dont think it will make any difference come next year. the roster is good enough to compete and good amount of coaches can come in and still win just like what we saw with Memphis.

Bruno
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
they took OKC to seven without Bogut. they win that series with a healthy bogut. its managements fault for anchoring the team with a guy who's made of glass. with that being said, jackson has created drama. curry can pick his next coach.

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Can't wait til Curry leaves that franchise in a few yrs.

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
they took OKC to seven without Bogut. they win that series with a healthy bogut. its managements fault for anchoring the team with a guy who's made of glass. with that being said, jackson has created drama. curry can pick his next coach.

They played the Clippers in the first round.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 03:50 PM
i really dont think it will make any difference come next year. the roster is good enough to compete and good amount of coaches can come in and still win just like what we saw with Memphis.

100% agree. its a players leave. Coaches are a bit overrated in the NBA.

Eric Splostra must be a Genius right?

Vinny Del Negro Fired after 56 Wins Last Season w/ Clippers. (one less win then Doc Rivers)

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Where will he go? Knicks? :D

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
100% agree. its a players leave. Coaches are a bit overrated in the NBA.

Eric Splostra must be a Genius right?

Actually, yeah.

lincecum=future
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM

He sure can light up MSG

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
If Hollins was still the coach, I guarantee you with his lockerroom, veteran coach leadership and statesmanship, presence and mentorship, we would have seen a much calmer Z-Bo who doesn't make that boneheaded play that gets him suspended for game 7.

Dave Yaeger is a rookie head coach. When asked about the suspension, he didn't even know how to respond. The guy looked like he was crying before game 7 and couldn't even give a fitting reply for Z-Bo. Just called it unfortunate. Seemed like a guy who was okay in taking it in the butt by the league.

Rush
Maybe Golden State will have one less problem without him, if you know what I mean. ;)

:laugh2:

P&GRealist
Probably Lakers in a few yrs if they still have cap space.

Gibby23
05-06-2014, 03:54 PM

They have 3 more years to make him happy, so it's not even woth thinking about now/ A lot can happen in 3 years. It's not like they have a garbage team or are about to lose their core players.

LAKobeBryant
have you guys seen his post game interviews, hes so passionate about the team

game 6:
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/postgame-mark-jackson-061610308.html

game 7 also was good

P&GRealist
The Warriors are capable of 50 wins without MJ. Warriors obviously have someone else in mind if they fired Jackson. its not always about results. A lot of crap happened internally with MJ and the Front Office. I hope those details come out.

Lionel Hollins Fired after 57 wins last season w/ Grizzlies and making it to the Western Conference Finals.

And where are those teams now with the exception of LaC?

Htownballa1622
05-06-2014, 03:55 PM

I hope he doesn't. He plays in front of a great fanbase and crowd.

I hope you're not insinuating laker land?

yall are getting love,melo,curry, kyrie AND KOBE!?

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
They have 3 more years to make him happy, so it's not even woth thinking about now/ A lot can happen in 3 years. It's not like they have a garbage team or are about to lose their core players.

They also have Bogut for 3 more yrs, with Iggy and Lee locked up with allay looking for a big payday soon. What's your point?

That team as contracted has a ceiling of 2nd round.

ManRam
05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Let's see who they replace him with before we bash them too hard. There are obvious upgrades out there, IMO.

P&GRealist
05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I hope he doesn't. He plays in front of a great fanbase and crowd.

I hope you're not insinuating laker land?

yall are getting love,melo,curry, kyrie AND KOBE!?

You forgot Durant :p

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 04:00 PM
He sure can light up MSG

I will never forget when the Warriors selected Curry. We were ONE pick away from having him. :(

Gibby23
05-06-2014, 04:00 PM
They also have Bogut for 3 more yrs, with Iggy and Lee locked up with allay looking for a big payday soon. What's your point?

That team as contracted has a ceiling of 2nd round.

You still don't have a point. The year Klay is a FA, they have about 35 million committed in cap space, so they have more than enough to sign Klay and the year after that everyone would be a FA so they can resign Curry and some other high priced FA's to go along with Curry and Klay. They are set up pretty good.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Let's see who they replace him with before we bash them too hard. There are obvious upgrades out there, IMO.

Curious, who are the obvious upgrades?

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:04 PM
He sure can light up MSG

too bad MSG has to be relocated in 9 years. no more Mecca.

I Rock Shaqs
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Yeah seriously, how does Kevin McHale still have a job and Mark Jackson doesn't. FO needs to get their heads out of their ***** and let the people who know what they're doing do it.

Sheesh you know everything in the world don't you? Which brings up the question why are u wasting your time in sports forums on the internet with random people?
Since you obviously are smarter than the entire Houston Rockets and GSW front offices, you think they would have hired you by now...

Sadds The Gr8
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Not surprised but very unfair imo. Didn't think Jackson was a good x's and o's coach but the players clearly like him and he was so early in his coaching career. I like curry and Thompson but I want that team to fail now because of the douche owner.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:17 PM
I think Kerr is going to be the Warriors Next Coach.

- He hasn't accepted the Knicks Job yet.
- He's a West Coast guy and live there.
- Coaching the Warriors is a better situation for him and Better Roster.

Goose17

Memphis switched coaches and almost missed the playoffs.

MonroeFAN

Denver was terrible this season and Memphis lost in the first round. Kind of just proving everyone's point.

SteBO
05-06-2014, 04:18 PM
curious, who are the obvious upgrades?
svg?

Goose17
05-06-2014, 04:19 PM
I love the top comment on that article "It took a half season for Memphis to adjust to their new coach after Hollins was fired and they almost didn't make the playoffs"

I don't care who the replacement is, we will not finish higher than the sixth seed next year, there's going to be too many changes, the new head coach will likely bring in some new assistants, our bench will likely change. Too many changes, we're not getting HCA next year so I don't even want to see people talking about it like it's a possibility. It's not happening now, the chemistry just got turned on it's head.

The issue I have with this, although it's being reported as "mutual" the issue wasn't with Jacksons coaching ability, it was personal issues with management, the front office didn't like him so he's gone. The front office don't need to like everyone they employ, they just need to respect them and the fact of the matter is they should be putting their personal B.S aside and doing what is right for the team and what will bring us the most success.

I wish Coach the best of luck wherever he goes and I am very sad to see him leave, he is the best coach we've had in over two decades, and one of the best coaches we've had in the history of this franchise, yep, I said it.

It all comes down to who they bring in as a replacement. If they bring in a guy like SVG, imo they're just swapping like for like which is stupid, you don't throw away the guy you've been working with who has great chemistry with the players and has took us into the playoffs twice in the 3 years he was here, for a guy that is just as good as a coach. What's the point on ****ing up that chemistry? If they bring in someone like Kerr who has never coached before, what's the point? You're throwing away a successful and talented coach for a guy that we have no idea how he'll turn out.

I don't see any available coaches that are significantly better than Jackson, not enough that it merits getting rid of him.

Let's hope the front office have a good plan put in place to bring in someone of a very high caliber, let's hope it wasn't just some petty personal B.S

I haven't been this disappointed by the front office since we traded that first rounder for Marcus Williams.

But I'll reserve judgement, my initial disappointment is just a knee jerk reaction in the heat of the moment, who they replace Jackson with will let us know if the front office truly has improved as much as it seemed.

Htownballa1622
You forgot Durant :p
lol. My b.

Westbrook too.

Goose17
svg?

He said upgrades.

Hiring SVG would just be swapping like for like.

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
If Hollins was still the coach, I guarantee you with his lockerroom, veteran coach leadership and statesmanship, presence and mentorship, we would have seen a much calmer Z-Bo who doesn't make that boneheaded play that gets him suspended for game 7.

Dave Yaeger is a rookie head coach. When asked about the suspension, he didn't even know how to respond. The guy looked like he was crying before game 7 and couldn't even give a fitting reply for Z-Bo. Just called it unfortunate. Seemed like a guy who was okay in taking it in the butt by the league.

Perhaps, but ZBO did straight tackle and wrestle Blake last year and didn't get in a suspension that he got for that "punch"

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2014, 04:22 PM

25% new coach, 25% tougher competition, 50% injuries

Gibby23
05-06-2014, 04:24 PM

I think Kerr would be a great fit, but I don't think he picks GS over NY.

True Sports Fan
05-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Idiotic move to say the least. His team has improved every season and they were without Bogut in the postseason. Wondering how much it affects team chemistry. Considering your star player supports Jackson doesn't sound like a great move

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:27 PM

if Gasol wasn't injured they would have been a top 4 team

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM

But is Kerr really worth firing Jackson? I see them going after a proven name to try and win it all now

ManRam
05-06-2014, 04:29 PM
He said upgrades.

Hiring SVG would just be swapping like for like.

I disagree.

Frankly, I don't get why people have already put Mark onto such a pedestal :shrug: Yes, his team has gradually improved. Yes, they absolutely should have and would have regardless of who's coaching. I'm not going to pretend like I can judge coaches who have coached one core of players all that well, and I don't think any of us outsiders really can. But I'm just not 100% sold. On the court it's worked out. Clearly there's a mess going on off of it. But it's best one core of players, a core of players that were young and improving, and a core that had talent added to it externally each and every year. Any coach is going to improve those teams to some huge extent. The same extent as Jackson did? I can't say for certain...neither can you.

At the very least, I just don't know how certain we can be that he's as great of a coach as some people think. I'd take SVG over him in a heart beat. Gimme Karl over him. Give me the other Van Gundy. Sloan? Why are we certain Mark is better than Carlesimo or Hollins?

Change can be bad, but it can also be good. Only time will tell. I'm not gonna get fake outraged over this right now. I don't think anyone should.

Gibby23
05-06-2014, 04:30 PM
But is Kerr really worth firing Jackson? I see them going after a proven name to try and win it all now

To win it all you need that 7 footer that is making $$13 million a year healthy. A vet coach can't change that.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Denver was terrible this season and Memphis lost in the first round. Kind of just proving everyone's point.

no, my point was, coaches get fired all the time. its not always about results or record. its probably internal and personal.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 04:33 PM
People can't suggest George Karl as an upgrade, Jackson already out coached him in a seven game series, Karl isn't **** Warriors don't want to be a first round exit for the next twenty years (although it would be an improvement).

AthletesForever
05-06-2014, 04:35 PM
This is why teams like the Warriors and Cleveland Browns always are a laughingstock of a franchise.

Browns have revolving door at HC too and don't have patience. Only difference is that Mark Jackson actually led his team to success and still got fired lol.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 04:38 PM
People can't suggest George Karl as an upgrade, Jackson already out coached him in a seven game series, Karl isn't **** Warriors don't want to be a first round exit for the next twenty years (although it would be an improvement).

You don't think that had anything to do with Melo? I feel like he has to drastically change his game to win anything.

JC_
05-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing it will be another "players coach". Someone who can come in and give a good speech about earning their trust etc. Probably SVG but who knows. I think it was unfair of them to fire Mark Jackson but if they bring in someone who has the same vibe I think they can salvage the heart of the players.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Warriors are fine. Im sure a lot of coaches will want to Coach this Warriors Roster.

this is a playoff team even if Isiah Thomas is the coach.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Warriors are fine. Im sure a lot of coaches will want to Coach this Warriors Roster.

I dunno bout Isaiah...

Iron24th
05-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Warriors management are a joke

AthletesForever
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM

You are underestimating how good the West is. Teams like Memphis, Phoenix and Minnesota will be even better next season. Maybe even Denver.

Hell if Bledsoe never got hurt for the Suns, there's a good chance that either GS, Dallas or Memphis wouldn't have made playoffs.

Same with Marc Gasol for the Grizz.

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I follow the team pretty closely. MJ did a great job as a coach but from everything I have been reading about him, He was hard to deal with and did not get along with anyone in the front office.

some things that happened over the course of his tenure:

- brought negative attention to the Warriors being involved in adultery with a stripper and being Extorted for money.
- has ties to a Drug Kingpin that works at his church
- Was annoyed that Mike Malone (kings Coach) got more credit then he did in the Xs Os.
- MJ Does not allow Jerry West to practices and does not like it when Jerry talks to the players because he believes instruction should only come from coaches.
- Drama with Brian Scalabrine and got him reassigned.
- Owner told him to move to Northern California to be closer to the team but he decided to commute from LA.

like I said, its a lot of BS.

numba1CHANGsta
05-06-2014, 05:01 PM
The Lakers are going to sign every available coach and trade for Curry and sign Melo and Bosh and Dirk :D

2-ONE-5
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM

had nohing to do with the coach and everything to do with Gasol missing 33 games.

denver not having Iggy and Gallo is what cost them a run at the playoffs too not (fully) the coach

Goose17
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I follow the team pretty closely. MJ did a great job as a coach but from everything I have been reading about him, He was hard to deal with and did not get along with anyone in the front office.

some things that happened over the course of his tenure:

- brought negative attention to the Warriors being involved in adultery with a stripper and being Extorted for money.
- has ties to a Drug Kingpin that works at his church
- Was annoyed that Mike Malone (kings Coach) got more credit then he did in the Xs Os.
- MJ Does not allow Jerry West to practices and does not like it when Jerry talks to the players because he believes instruction should only come from coaches.
- Drama with Brian Scalabrine and got him reassigned.
- Owner told him to move to Northern California to be closer to the team but he decided to commute from LA.

like I said, its a lot of BS.

LOL, drug king pin? I hadn't heard that one, got to love the tabloids.

He didn't reassign Scal for nothing, Scal, a third string assistant, argued and shouted at Jackson constantly, he refused to talk to ANY of the coaching staff for five weeks.

He wasn't annoyed about Malone, they're still close friends and Malone stated categorically that Jackson chose all of the plays.

FYI, it wasn't just Jackson, the entire staff has been fired, even the video guy.

Some reactions from players....

Carl Landry: Mark Jackson is arguably the best coach that organization has seen in 18 years and you fire him? I don't get it?

Green on next coach: "You never know if a coach will relate to you the way he did. You never know if another coach is going to respect you the way he did. Coach rode with us. He was down for us. I can't really judge their decision. I don't know what it's based on. Is it we should've went farther? Is it off the court stuff?"

O'Neal; "I just want to say thank you for being a fantastic leader, coach, and more than anything a friend! It was a pleasure to play for you and I have no doubt that you will have continued success no matter where you go or what you do!"

Speights; The next team who hire Coach Jackson will be lucky to have a good coach in a great leader!

...The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Gibby23
05-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Mike D'Antoni is going to have the Dubs back to running and gunning.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
mama there goes that man :laugh:

2-ONE-5
05-06-2014, 05:10 PM

how could u possibly guarantee that when it was his only mistake of the whole series and happend in teh heat of the moment. Who cares if the new coach didnt know how to respond what is that going to change?

JEDean89
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM

do you follow the nba? the nuggets lost 3 of their starters this year (gallo, koufos, iguadala), and suffered injuries to Nate and McGee. The grizzlies lost Marc Gasol, their best player for a huge chunk of the season and were ridiculously good with their starting 5 healthy. They lost ZBO for game 7, who knows what happens if he was there. this is not proving your point. he's absolutely right that coaches with good records get fired. the only thing guaranteeing you any safety in this league is a title. Thibs, Vogel, and Jackson have all been linked to rumors that they may be leaving their teams. At the end of the day if the coaches and the management aren't on the same page, the coach gets fired. Karl was in constant disagreement with management and had absurdly awful in game tactics thus he was fired. These things are based on relationships as much as results, this is a what have you done for me lately league and sometimes a coaching change can do a lot of good (firing doug collins in chicago to hire phil jackson despite regular season success being a good example).

Stunner
05-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Wants to stay on the west coast

Avenged
05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
D'Antoni can coach that team. 3 pointers for days.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM

GiantsSwaGG
05-06-2014, 05:26 PM
The Warriors will regret it

GiantsSwaGG
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Lakers better get Jackson

BKLYNpigeon
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I wanted MJ to be extended, I thought he deserved it, but in the end its just another coach. I don't know all that happened off the court, but Im sure it was enough to get MJ fired after two great seasons.

MJ was a great motivator, but wasn't that great of a coach. Our offense had lapses of mediocrity and Hated his Hockey substations.

it will probably hurt the players chemistry in the beginning but in the end they will get it together. Im sure they're more worried about their minutes and money.

Im sure our front office will find a good coach in the end. they are proven that they want to win at the highest levels and I have no doubt in that. Im more worried about our bench and finding a LEGIT back up PG.

J4KOP99
05-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Clearly there was a major issue between jackson and warriors management because he did not deserve to be fired based on performance alone.

Having said that, can we please stop acting as if jackson is a great coach? The guy spends a majority of his team speaking in metaphors or quoting inspirational phrases. He had a great roster in GS but there's a large number of coaches who could have had the success that he had there. GS will continue to be good without Jackson.

lol, please
05-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Both shocked and confused, like the day I woke up on someones lawn in my undies with some blood in them. I thought Jackson was our coach for the future, I really hope Lacob doesn't screw this up. If it had to be done, it had to be done, but I admit I am nervous about the immediate future.

85BearsDefense
05-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Not a smart move.

Stunner
05-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Chuck Swirsky @swirsk054 about 1 hour ago
If Steve Kerr is offered both the Knicks and Warriors job....as much as he admires Phil...take the GST job. A no brainer.

Matt Steinmetz @SteinmetzNBA about 2 hours ago
If you're Steve Kerr, Warriors situation is much better than NY Knicks basketball-wise -- plus Kerr's daughter goes to Cal.

Sam Amick @sam_amick about 44 minutes ago
Updated on Jackson ousting & Warriors opening - TNT analyst/Knicks candidate Steve Kerr likely to have interest - usat.ly/1kTKDTS

YIKES......

CityofChaos
05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
As a Warriors fan I'm a little glad to see Jackson go but at the end of the day, as an owner, you HAVE to listen to the voice of your players. From what I understand everyone except maybe Andrew Bogut supported Jackson. Now Lacob has to deal with the possibly of a disgruntled locker room and most importantly a Stephen Curry who may want out within three years time.

I find it very ironic and idiotic that the Warriors are interested in Steve Kerr. What's the point of hiring a guy with absolutely no coaching experience and hope that he brings your team to the finals when three seasons ago they put all their faith into Mark Jackson who also had NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever? Why repeat the cycle?

They need to find an established coach who emphasizes defense and ball movement and not frequent run/gun and half court isolations.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
I find it very ironic and idiotic that the Warriors are interested in Steve Kerr. What's the point of hiring a guy with absolutely no coaching experience and hope that he brings your team to the finals when three seasons ago they put all their faith into Mark Jackson who also had NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever? Why repeat the cycle?

They need to find an established coach who emphasizes defense and ball movement and not frequent run/gun and half court isolations.

Agree with both of those statements^

The Kerr thing seems weird, I'm sure he'll be a great coach, but why take that risk when the team is just getting good?

torocan
05-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Not the brightest move IMO.

It's one thing if you have an upper echelon coach like Pops, Thibs, or Doc Rivers. It's a completely different story if you're not sure that you can land one of those coaches.

Marc Jackson led GSW to their best record in 2 decades, had their starting Center in Bogut miss the entire play offs and still took a healthy Clippers team to 7 games, and had 100% buy in from the roster including the Star Players.

Dunno, it just seems like a really, REALLY big gamble with a team that is doing that well.

ghettosean
05-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaat????

We all saw it coming but I'm still shocked.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Howcome there's so few mexicans in the NBA? Random thought I had.

THE MTL
05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
This is the WORST coaching firing in recent times. It was a hard fought seven game series and he had no bigs. The Clippers look like a true contender for the championship too. What did they expect from him? a miracle?

He didnt deserve this.

Stunner
05-06-2014, 06:34 PM
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 5m
@WojYahooNBA reports Warriors, among other strong candidates, possibly will consider asking Bulls for permission to interview Thibodeau.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 4m
Again, fact 2 teams rumored to have interest when Thibs has won at high level and has 3 years remaining on deal speaks to relationship w/ FO

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 55s
And as @DavidHaugh columnized here http://trib.in/RldaYp , either side could end the Thibodeau-to-elsewhere story in 5 seconds if wanted.

ThaDubs
05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
**** this ******** dude. I'm so mad, MJ is a dope coach and now we're gonna get some random dumb**** that none of our players like.

THE MTL
05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
D'Antoni can coach that team. 3 pointers for days.

Actually D'Antoni would be the perfect fit for the Warriors. That team has a high octane offense and players that can run. I wouldnt mind seeing the rebirth of SSOL

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 06:38 PM
And where are those teams now with the exception of LaC?

Golden State fans will remember this day for a long time

asandhu23
05-06-2014, 06:43 PM

They prefer futbol.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Golden State fans will remember this day for a long time

It directly equates with wins. If they win 60 games next year, you'd be surprised how fast Jackson will be forgotten.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 06:52 PM
What did they expect from him? a miracle?

Well he always preached about how close him and Jesus were, so you know, maybe he shouldn't have bragged about that...

Goose17
05-06-2014, 06:52 PM
It directly equates with wins. If they win 60 games next year, you'd be surprised how fast Jackson will be forgotten.

That's a very big if

tredigs
05-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Mark Jackson instantly became the most overrated coach in the league.

That said, they better damn well replace him with a stud. Hope they waited until they had the replacement locked in. Hope this new coach sends D Lee to the 6th man role as well. And I hope he is not simply a puppet for management, that could crush us.

Overall as a fan, I'm actually optimistic about this.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 07:00 PM
That's a very big if

You're absolutely right

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 07:01 PM

no, my point was, coaches get fired all the time. its not always about results or record. its probably internal and personal.

lol no ****, they're a 50 win team. Clearly there is something internal.

I thought you were trying to justify it. Welcome back to mediocrity GSW

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Sounds like they've already called steve kerr...

Hawkeye15
05-06-2014, 07:09 PM
not sure how I feel about this honestly. Jackson was a pretty good coach I thought. He must have really have a rift with management for them to fire him, his players all loved him.

sammyvine
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
not sure how I feel about this honestly. Jackson was a pretty good coach I thought. He must have really have a rift with management for them to fire him, his players all loved him.

pretty much this

he's not a yes man imo like a mchale and i think thats why he lost his job. He doesn't come across as a guy who will let the management walk all over him.

Its kinda bizarre because the warriors did well this season. I don't really see who they can get that will be a big improvement?

Trwood12
05-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Hope he comes to the T-Wolves. 1 because we need a coach like him that has even an ounce of charisma and 2 because my brother is a warriors fan and it would be funny XD.

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Um... I get the feeling like the Warriors might as well package up Curry and Lee in a deal this offseason and tank next while trying to unload all their contracts for draft picks.

Does this ownership know how RARE it is for a player to speak out on behalf of a coach and publicly support him?

Hawkeye15
05-06-2014, 08:12 PM

how many do you know that are 6'3" or taller? Yeah, that is why. That, and in Mexico, basketball just isn't that popular, and even kids who do love basketball have almost nowhere to go to get good coaching or facilities.

NBA_Starter
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Take the Clippers to the limit without Bogut and O'Neal and still get fired, man talk about a tough league sometimes.

sf-fanatic
05-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Um... I get the feeling like the Warriors might as well package up Curry and Lee in a deal this offseason and tank next while trying to unload all their contracts for draft picks.

Does this ownership know how RARE it is for a player to speak out on behalf of a coach and publicly support him?

Happens quite often

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 08:27 PM

do you follow the nba? the nuggets lost 3 of their starters this year (gallo, koufos, iguadala), and suuffered injuries to Nate and McGee. The grizzlies lost Marc Gasol, their best player for a huge chunk of the season and were ridiculously good with their starting 5 healthy. They lost ZBO for game 7, who knows what happens if he was there. this is not proving your point. he's absolutely right that coaches with good records get fired. the only thing guaranteeing you any safety in this league is a title. Thibs, Vogel, and Jackson have all been linked to rumors that they may be leaving their teams. At the end of the day if the coaches and the management aren't on the same page, the coach gets fired. Karl was in constant disagreement with management and had absurdly awful in game tactics thus he was fired. These things are based on relationships as much as results, this is a what have you done for me lately league and sometimes a coaching change can do a lot of good (firing doug collins in chicago to hire phil jackson despite regular season success being a good example).

Why are you asking me if I watch the NBA? Do you realize that right off the back that makes you look like an immature child? Yes, I watch the NBA, you can reference other posts I've made on here for proof. why on earth would you bring up Iggy? He's not a missing player, he's gone (get over it). Koufus put up empty numbers and has not proven to be anything and Gallo has been healthy maybe 50% of his career. Memphis after making the WCF are no better off. This is not a situation where bringing in a new coach will pay dividends for GSW. This is a move that was made because egos collided, that's nonsense. I think we should stop short of comparing this warriors team to the Bulls of the 90's.

east fb knicks
05-06-2014, 08:28 PM
the lakers are so fkn lucky if they get Jackson which should be a no brainer i'd be pissed

Lloyd Christmas
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Mark Jackson was brought in to attract free agents. Now that the warriors signed Iggy and extended Bogut and Curry it's time to move on to a better coach. The roster is pretty much set.

east fb knicks
05-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Mark Jackson was brought in to attract free agents. Now that the warriors signed Iggy and extended Bogut and Curry it's time to move on to a better coach. The roster is pretty much set.

um it's not like they are getting thibs I highly doubt ther is a better coach out there just a dumb move by gsw

AthletesForever
05-06-2014, 10:51 PM
The link below just shows you how much of a dysfunctional franchise the Warriors have become. Even their HR people are terrible

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2053688-warriors-make-glaring-mistake-in-email-to-season-ticket-holders

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 11:03 PM
The link below just shows you how much of a dysfunctional franchise the Warriors have become. Even their HR people are terrible

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2053688-warriors-make-glaring-mistake-in-email-to-season-ticket-holders

Not too bright. Hopefully they get their **** together

zn23
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
It was the right decision, the Warriors need a 'real coach'. Mark Jackson couldn't get the best out of Iggy all year, and it was basically a useless free agent signing. His inbounds plays were not that good. I noticed he failed to call timeouts when the other team was building momentum. He let his team just play scrimmage and run wild.

The Warriors coaching job is a dream job. Because they have a top 3-5 PG, a solid starting line up. They just need a better coach that can take them to that next level and maximize their potential. I didn't think Jackson maximized their potential.

likemystylez
05-07-2014, 12:07 AM
the lakers are so fkn lucky if they get Jackson which should be a no brainer i'd be pissed

dont be surprised if mark jackson tanks his first year with his new team- its sort of his style

likemystylez
05-07-2014, 12:09 AM
um it's not like they are getting thibs I highly doubt ther is a better coach out there just a dumb move by gsw

Thibs and Vogel could both be let go this summer. Warriors job will be one of the best available jobs out there (if not the best)

Stunner
05-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Thibs and Vogel could both be let go this summer. Warriors job will be one of the best available jobs out there (if not the best)

No Thibs couldn't

east fb knicks
05-07-2014, 03:49 AM

so you would take vogel over Jackson have you seen the pacers lately

Vinny642
05-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Smh bad move

Saddletramp
05-07-2014, 05:33 AM
I was so happy for Mark Jackson becoming the coach of the Warriors. Mainly so I wouldn't have to hear "Mama, there goes that man" and "hand down, man down" and other clichès when he was a commentator. I don't know how much he affected that team as they seemed pretty stacked yet a 6th place finish seemed kind of low this year but if the players loved him then that has to account for something. Of course, the whole adultery situation with him being a "man of God" puts a sour taste in my mouth. And it's funny that the only adultery he 'fessed up to was the chick that blackmailed him. Call me skeptical, but those are the worst kind of Christians. You want to believe in those fairy tales then great. But walk the goddamned walk if you're going to talk the goddamned talk.

tredigs
05-07-2014, 06:07 AM
I was so happy for Mark Jackson becoming the coach of the Warriors. Mainly so I wouldn't have to hear "Mama, there goes that man" and "hand down, man down" and other clichès when he was a commentator. I don't know how much he affected that team as they seemed pretty stacked yet a 6th place finish seemed kind of low this year but if the players loved him then that has to account for something. Of course, the whole adultery situation with him being a "man of God" puts a sour taste in my mouth. And it's funny that the only adultery he 'fessed up to was the chick that blackmailed him. Call me skeptical, but those are the worst kind of Christians. You want to believe in those fairy tales then great. But walk the goddamned walk if you're going to talk the goddamned talk.

He's human, but yeah, that wasn't a great situation for him. He's come off as phony and self-interested (natural, but terrible coaching trait) on many occasions to me, and it's one reason of a few that I don't mind seeing him go.

Goose17
05-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Phony? smh...

jp611
05-07-2014, 09:52 AM
This was the best decision for Golden State.

If they wanted to be championship contenders, they needed to get rid of Mr. Cliche.

jp611
05-07-2014, 09:54 AM

And he also "prayed" for Jason Collins because he came out as gay.

Mark Jackson is a big time phony.

jp611
05-07-2014, 09:55 AM

It happens every single offseason.

It's not rare, like at all.

COOLbeans
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Constantly pointing out a person of faith's issues doesn't make Mark Jackson any less of a Christian or a man. Your anti-Christian tirade, you think, is just an easy way for lambasting religion. Get over it, everybody makes mistakes and everybody has moments of weakness. If you did any research on Mark's faith then you'd realize that your entire argument is flawed.

COOLbeans
05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
And he also "prayed" for Jason Collins because he came out as gay.

Mark Jackson is a big time phony.

It's hilarious when anti-Christians take a moral stand for something, and they don't even believe in the morality that they're standing for..

It's a ridiculous assumption for anti-Christians to judge Others based on religious beliefs (like the immorality of adultery or beliefs on homosexuality), that they themselves don't believe in.

If you're an atheist or whatever, I don't understand why you're concerned with Mark Jackson or any other Christian's issues against their own religious order.

JEDean89
05-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Why are you asking me if I watch the NBA? Do you realize that right off the back that makes you look like an immature child? Yes, I watch the NBA, you can reference other posts I've made on here for proof. why on earth would you bring up Iggy? He's not a missing player, he's gone (get over it). Koufus put up empty numbers and has not proven to be anything and Gallo has been healthy maybe 50% of his career. Memphis after making the WCF are no better off. This is not a situation where bringing in a new coach will pay dividends for GSW. This is a move that was made because egos collided, that's nonsense. I think we should stop short of comparing this warriors team to the Bulls of the 90's.

oh you're right, the nuggets losing 5 of their 9 rotation players from last year isn't the reason they sucked this year, it was because of the loss of George Karl.... moron. Iggy is a missing player, though i am over it (how did you fair with him?) You are comparing last year to this year he was there last year he wasn't there this year how is that not missing.... that must go right over your head. Koufos was one of the most effective offensive rebounders and rim protectors in the league last year, not empty numbers at all. and gallo was their best player when he went down, but no it's all GK leaving that made them suck. and with memphis, the best record in the league after Gasol comes back but no, it's their new coach that sucks. this is why i question whether you watch the nba, people know these things. A new coach may help, I'm saying there are examples of it working, sometimes a coaching change is needed to try something else.

MonroeFAN
05-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Why do you keep bringing up Danillo Gallinari? He's barely played 2 seasons for them, never mind the fact that he's not that good of a basketball player. Stop insulting people. I am not a GSW fan, and you have no point.

Denver hired some cocky little punk who has no coaching experience, and he was a bust. The original point was that these teams are now better off (and if it wasn't, then the post was completely irrelevant). LAC is the only team who is actually better off. It could change, but as of right now, none of the other teams mentioned here are better off. Did you watch basketball before 2012? Because if you did, you would realize that Denver existed without Iggy and the other two players you mentioned who would be fringe starters on most quality basketball teams. They've had one losing season in the last 10, coincidentally it was the one without Karl. Is that above your head? You can go on and on arguing semantics, I deal with facts. Good coaches find a way to win.

Whatever else you have to say, save it, I don't care.

lol @ you calling anyone a moron. Come on man. Learn how to talk before you insult people.

colgatekiller
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
http://http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24553637/mark-jackson-on-dan-patrick-show-things-had-to-change

Jackson on the Dan Patrick show. Pretty interesting to listen to. Sounds to me like he was going to resign even if they didn't' fire him. Now that could have been because of all the bs that happened this year and he felt mistreated, but still interesting.

JEDean89
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Why do you keep bringing up Danillo Gallinari? He's barely played 2 seasons for them, never mind the fact that he's not that good of a basketball player. Stop insulting people. I am not a GSW fan, and you have no point.

Denver hired some cocky little punk who has no coaching experience, and he was a bust. The original point was that these teams are now better off (and if it wasn't, then the post was completely irrelevant). LAC is the only team who is actually better off. It could change, but as of right now, none of the other teams mentioned here are better off. Did you watch basketball before 2012? Because if you did, you would realize that Denver existed without Iggy and the other two players you mentioned who would be fringe starters on most quality basketball teams. They've had one losing season in the last 10, coincidentally it was the one without Karl. Is that above your head? You can go on and on arguing semantics, I deal with facts. Good coaches find a way to win.

Whatever else you have to say, save it, I don't care.

lol @ you calling anyone a moron. Come on man. Learn how to talk before you insult people.

you're right, having a lineup of ty, iggy, gallo, faried, koufos with a bench of miller, brewer, chandler, mcgee one year then having ty, foye, chandler, faried, mozgov, with aaron brooks, fournier, quincy miller, randolph and hickson as a bench is comparing apples to apples, so of course its all Brian Shaw's fault (who no one who follows basketball would say has no coaching experience or is a punk, no one), that's why the Knicks and the Lakers wan't him right now. Yes the Nuggets existed before Iggy with a healthy Gallo (who was our leading scorer last year moron), Afflalo and Wilson Chandler, none of whom were there this year.

Denver, Memphis, Lac are all way better off. GK has never won anything in 25 years of coaching, has one of the worst playoff records in the history of the game and all sorts of terrible advanced playoff stats. Cry all you want about Mark Jackson being gone, but GSW will probably be better off, I really don't see what Mark Jackson did in GSW to make people think he is so great. All he's ever done is outcoach GK for one series, and every coach outcoaches GK in the playoffs.

tucksoe
05-07-2014, 05:08 PM
MonroeFAN getting completely owned here

TrueFan420
05-07-2014, 05:52 PM
so you would take vogel over Jackson have you seen the pacers lately

I didn't know Vogel was also sleeping with hibberts girl. Here I thought it was just Paul George who divided the looker room.

east fb knicks
05-07-2014, 05:58 PM

so cuz he got some booty he doesn't deserve to be an nba coach:shrug: and wtf does religion have to do with coaching :facepalm: the point is dude won 50 games and almost beat the clippers with half of his roster Jackson is a good coach and I wouldn't mind him coaching the knicks

east fb knicks
05-07-2014, 05:59 PM
I didn't know Vogel was also sleeping with hibberts girl. Here I thought it was just Paul George who divided the looker room.

:laugh:

AsianSensation
05-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Horrible decision by a gutter franchise. Mark Jackson was/is a great coach and has been unjustly terminated due to ego and hyper-sensitivity.

Back to the cellar you go.

MonroeFAN
05-08-2014, 08:49 AM
MonroeFAN getting completely owned here

Not sure how I got owned there? He just followed up a post full of opinions with another one full of opinions. He made the point of Gallo leading the team in scoring... I obviously can't deny that. Gallo easily played his best ball under Karl, and my argument all along with you has been that this is your first losing season in the last 10 (and sans Karl). Sure, you can argue that injuries, and losing rentals from the previous season played as large of a role. We can both be right here, but what I am not, is wrong.

None of those teams are better off yet. LAC performed better during the regular season, we will see if it works in the playoffs. In your opinion they are better off, but neither one of them has done anything better than last season.

I wouldn't ask either the Laker or the Knicks organization(s) for basketball related advice right now. I don't think Shaw is a good coach. You can try all you want to change my mind, it's not going to work.

Good coaches find a way to win. That has not changed.

I've edited my post to remove insults, I don't want to fight with you about this. I realize I was dogging your team at first, that was wrong of me.

likemystylez
05-16-2014, 10:44 PM

I think that might have had more to do with marc gasol missing a huge chunk of the season

likemystylez
05-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Horrible decision by a gutter franchise. Mark Jackson was/is a great coach and has been unjustly terminated due to ego and hyper-sensitivity.

Back to the cellar you go.

my guess is that you dont actually watch warriors games and just look at their record compared to past years. Anybody who watches the games and doesnt see what a serious issue the isolation plays were- either doesnt know basketball or is too blinded by their love for mark jackson that they dont want to believe he was holding them back