PDA

View Full Version : Who didn't get the recognition they deserved in the MVP voting?

JohnStockton
05-06-2014, 02:21 PM
These are the guys who got votes in the MVP ballots: Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Blake Griffin, Joakim Noah, Jimmy Harden, Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Al Jefferson, George Paul, LaMarcus Aldirdge, Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Dirk Nowitzki, Camelo Anthony, Goran Dragic, and Mike Conley.

It seems like the votes got the most deserving players near the top: Durant, James, Griffin and Noah. Are there any players you thought should have maybe gotten a couple of 4th or 5th place votes?

Dwight Howard perhaps? Westbrook? Wade? Bosh? John Wall? Lillard? Millsap? Monta Ellis? Zach Randolph? Marc Gasol? Anybody from the Nets? Raptors?

PraiseJesus
05-06-2014, 02:23 PM
voters got it right

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Roy Hibbert.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
voters got it right

How do you predict LeBron on the Knicks? How is it possible?

Cal827
05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
An argument could be made that either Lowry or Derozan could have got at least one 5th place vote. I know the East is bad, but since the Rudy Gay trade, both of their numbers went up and the team was very good from the New Year till the end of the regular season.

How Lilard and Wall didn't get any votes, while Melo got some, is surprising to me.

(I'm aware that Melo's team was terrible, and he did pretty much everything he could, but they should've at least been able to get into the 8th seed)

abe_froman
05-06-2014, 02:28 PM
curry,i think he should have gotten more votes than noah

Cal827
05-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Also, I would probably swap Blake and Steph

But otherwise, it's pretty decent overall

PraiseJesus
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
curry,i think he should have gotten more votes than noah

IM prettttty sure you were one of the members bashing me when I said Curry would be an MVP candidate a couple years ago

tff

I am incredible

Ty Fast
05-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Kevin Durant. He should have gotten all the 1st place votes.

abe_froman
05-06-2014, 02:35 PM
IM prettttty sure you were one of the members bashing me when I said Curry would be an MVP candidate a couple years ago

tff

I am incredible

i doubt that ,i think would have remembered...but it wasnt outrageous to not think that,curry a couple years ago couldnt stay on the court and the team back then wasnt all that good

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2014, 03:05 PM
As a Raptors fan, it would have been nice to see Lowry get a vote or two, but the votes are great for the most part. There are a couple of guys I wouldn't have voted in my top ten (Melo for instance), but the list seems pretty good. Noah and Blake and CP3 were all up there for me, and LMA. And it was nice to see Timmy and Tony place up there.

I thought Zach Randolph was really important for Memphis while Gasol was out, but... the votes look pretty good.

flea
05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
As a Raptors fan, it would have been nice to see Lowry get a vote or two, but the votes are great for the most part. There are a couple of guys I wouldn't have voted in my top ten (Melo for instance), but the list seems pretty good. Noah and Blake and CP3 were all up there for me, and LMA. And it was nice to see Timmy and Tony place up there.

I thought Zach Randolph was really important for Memphis while Gasol was out, but... the votes look pretty good.

Yeah Z-Bo was really important in them going 10-13 while Gasol was out. Please, Gasol carried that team.

Jamiecballer
05-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Lowry