PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Isiah's/Rodman's Racist Comments To Sterling's Racist Comments

amos1er
05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Back in 1987, both Dennis Rodman and Isiah Thomas made racist comments about Larry Bird following a loss in the playoffs to the Celtics. They both said that if Larry Bird was black, people wouldn't consider him one of the best players in the NBA and that he would just be another good player. Fast forward to 2014, where Donald Sterling makes racist comments about Magic Johnson and how white and Latino women shouldn't be seen with black men in public.

Both comments were extremely and equally asinine assiten and foolish, yet no one was demanding Zeke's head or Rodman's for that matter. No one was demanding that they leave the NBA the same way they are demanding for Sterling to leave. In fact, Isiah even got a job as GM for one of the biggest markets in the NBA years later.

Is there a double standard when it comes to racist comments made at either blacks or whites? Shouldn't both sets of comments garner equal backlash and or punishment? How come Isiah and Rodman are not looked upon as Villian's for the comments they made against Larry Bird (who is a much better player than both BTW) while Sterling is being treated as the incarnation of evil for his? Discuss...

BTW, just want to clarify that in no way do I condone the comments made by Sterling. He is a piece of **** and deserves everything he is getting.

ThaDubs
05-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Racism towards whites has always and will always be more accepted than racism towards blacks.

amos1er
05-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Racism towards whites has always and will always be more accepted than racism towards blacks.
Some might call this racist lol...

amos1er
05-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Pretty crazy how Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were at the center of both sets of comments 27 years apart. Just shows how much of an impact both players had.

Shammyguy3
05-06-2014, 12:43 AM
While racism is NEVER an apples to oranges thing, there indeed are certain things that on the surface are identical, but for illogical reasons they don't stir up the same trouble. And ThaDubs is right, partially why those statements won't be seen as a black/white statement is because it was a statement made by a minority in regards to the majority. The majority wouldn't respond in the same way.

But mostly the reasons why the comparison between the two brought about different results, well actually two reasons are: (1) in 1987, there was no social media (2) society has become SOOOOOOOO politically correct that seriously ANYTHING said about anybody gets viewed as a condescending and hateful remark.

IKnowHoops
05-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Back in 1987, both Dennis Rodman and Isiah Thomas made racist comments about Larry Bird following a loss in the playoffs to the Celtics. They both said that if Larry Bird was black, people wouldn't consider him one of the best players in the NBA and that he would just be another good player. Fast forward to 2014, where Donald Sterling makes racist comments about Magic Johnson and how white and Latino women shouldn't be seen with black men in public.

Both comments were extremely and equally asinine assiten and foolish, yet no one was demanding Zeke's head or Rodman's for that matter. No one was demanding that they leave the NBA the same way they are demanding for Sterling to leave. In fact, Isiah even got a job as GM for one of the biggest markets in the NBA years later.

Is there a double standard when it comes to racist comments made at either blacks or whites? Shouldn't both sets of comments garner equal backlash and or punishment? How come Isiah and Rodman are not looked upon as Villian's for the comments they made against Larry Bird (who is a much better player than both BTW) while Sterling is being treated as the incarnation of evil for his? Discuss...

BTW, just want to clarify that in no way do I condone the comments made by Sterling. He is a piece of **** and deserves everything he is getting.

ahahahahahahahahhahaha.....and another one

IKnowHoops
05-06-2014, 12:49 AM
OH yeah back in 74, I knew a guy who new a guy who said......please give it a rest guys. Handle them as they come. If you were still in diapers leave it alone cause you don't even know or understand the climate back then.

amos1er
05-06-2014, 12:56 AM
OH yeah back in 74, I knew a guy who new a guy who said......please give it a rest guys. Handle them as they come. If you were still in diapers leave it alone cause you don't even know or understand the climate back then.

I doubt you were even born when those comments were made. What about the fact that Isiah landed a job as the GM of the New York Knicks only but a short time ago. Kinda puts you argument about political climates in perspective doesn't it. Oh and there is the fact that one was made in a public forum and the other tape recorded in private. What have you to say about that?

Oh and ya still don't know hoops. ;)

amos1er
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM
BTW... I was out of diapers for a good amount of years back in 87.

jerellh528
05-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Now a days political correctness, especially in business, is more apparent.

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Those aren't racist comments, they are comments about the white bias in sports.

They are suggesting that white players are more celebrated than black players. So Players can't speak to issues of race without being called racist?

When those comments were made, I understood where they were coming from, and it was a conversation worth having. Bird WAS an AMAZING player, and even had he been Black he would have been celebrated, but I think the point was is that he wouldn't have been AS celebrated had he been 'of colour'. You gotta remember, people back then were all about McHale and Bird when they talked about the Celtics, and I remember Ainge getting more props than DJ. DJ and Robert Parish were HUGELY important to the Celtics winning, but in Boston, they didn't get the kind of press Bird and McHale got, or even nationally for that matter.

By 1988 Magic had won FIVE championships to Bird's three,but Bird had three MVP awards to Magic's one (though Magic won a second). Bird deserved all of those awards, but just as is the case every season, there are multiple players deserving of the award, and Magic was certainly one of them. Given his success, doesn't it seem odd that Bird would have three times as many MVPs at a point when Magic had almost double the championships?

It's like Nash being a two-time MVP and Kobe only having one. Nash deserved them, but at the same time, I think most will agree that white players are treated better by the media, even still today.

I believe, for example, that had Chris Paul been white, he'd have an MVP award by now for his time in LA. He helped them to a huge turnaround his first year, and hellped them improve the year after. This is the kind of thing that Nash did, but CP3 did by ALSO playing elite defense.

Yes, black athletes are celebrated, but if a guy like Tim Duncan, or Chris Paul were white, don't you think they would be more celebrated in the media than they currently are?

Rodman and Thomas were right to raise the issue. I wouldn't take anything away from what Bird did on the court or any of the accolades he earned, but he would have had a harder time earning them had he been black. I get the feeling that had Bird been black and Magic been white, Magic would have more career MVP awards.

slashsnake
05-06-2014, 01:09 AM
The problem was they were comments about someone based on race. Sterlings were 30 years of comments AND actions to hold down against a race. That is the difference. Isiah didn't say Bird can't come to NBA games and have the power to enforce that. He didn't evict and prohibit white people from living in his housing developments.

bgdreton
05-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Why is this a thread???? I don't know if saying Larry Bird was black he wouldn't considered the one of the best players to ever play racist. That's pretty much the same as saying would Eminem be is popular if he was Black? Or if Tiger Woods was white would he be as popular or looked at differently? Its popular to be successful in something that's not the norm for that particular race. Its not like they said I don't want him in the league. Im not sure if those comments are necessarily racist, not cool but not racist. Yes there is a double standard when it comes to racist remarks by race, everyone knows this its not new. Since whites are usually in a place of power it holds more weight. Until that changes its going to be that way suck it up and move on...

Max.This
05-06-2014, 01:47 AM
does it really need to be said? Like the use of the N word... Only black people can do it .

IKnowHoops
05-06-2014, 02:39 AM
does it really need to be said? Like the use of the N word... Only black people can do it .

And only white people can use the H word. ahahahahahahahaha

abe_froman
05-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Those aren't racist comments, they are comments about the white bias in sports.

They are suggesting that white players are more celebrated than black players. So Players can't speak to issues of race without being called racist?

this.

also,they did demand it ,thats why zeke was forced to apologize and have that sham of a press conference where they forced bird to accept ,as to quell the public's demand for zeke and rodman's head

....but kudos on the faux outrage you are having over something that happened probably before you were even born.gotta love the racial tribalism in this country(sarcastic)whenever someone of the same racial group gets popped for being a racist ,you get all these guys of his race get into this circle the wagons mentality

joeyc77
05-06-2014, 08:23 AM
this.

also,they did demand it ,thats why zeke was forced to apologize and have that sham of a press conference where they forced bird to accept ,as to quell the public's demand for zeke and rodman's head

....but kudos on the faux outrage you are having over something that happened probably before you were even born.gotta love the racial tribalism in this country(sarcastic)whenever someone of the same racial group gets popped for being a racist ,you get all these guys of his race get into this circle the wagons mentality

To your bottom part...

That's because race has become nothing more than a form of side show entertainment which allows some to stand on their perceived high moral ground to feel better about themselves. Racists are the the side show freaks and the media is the ringleader calling out to it's audience.

Thomas and Rodman were so long ago it's hard to compare. The media actually had a little integrity then. However, today would probably be no different. When a black person acts racists towards a white it's just not as interesting to the media because it doesn't fit their agenda.

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 09:00 AM
And only white people can use the H word. ahahahahahahahaha

You NEVER hear white people calling each other honky...

"Yo! waddup honky?"

"Nm my honky, just chillin"

No.

JWO35
05-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Why is this a thread???? I don't know if saying Larry Bird was black he wouldn't considered the one of the best players to ever play racist. That's pretty much the same as saying would Eminem be is popular if he was Black? Or if Tiger Woods was white would he be as popular or looked at differently? Its popular to be successful in something that's not the norm for that particular race. Its not like they said I don't want him in the league. Im not sure if those comments are necessarily racist, not cool but not racist. Yes there is a double standard when it comes to racist remarks by race, everyone knows this its not new. Since whites are usually in a place of power it holds more weight. Until that changes its going to be that way suck it up and move on...
This x100000
IDK how this can even be considered racist...just because the words black & white were used :confused: ?
Your examples about Tiger and Eminem are spot on btw

Heatcheck
05-06-2014, 09:33 AM
You NEVER hear white people calling each other honky...

"Yo! waddup honky?"

"Nm my honky, just chillin"

No.

You know what else you don't hear? people being called jive turkey, probably because we're not in the 70s anymore

NYKnickFanatic
05-06-2014, 09:34 AM
You know what else you don't hear? people being called jive turkey, probably because we're not in the 70s anymore

I hear jive turkey a lot actually...

ATX
05-06-2014, 10:00 AM
As JasonJohnHorn said in this thread, there is a difference between pointing out a bias and having a long rap sheet of being blatantly racist.

mudvayne387
05-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Luckily I was raised in a household where racism was non existent. As a result, I learned that we are all equals on this planet. My only gripe is that I just wish the black men would stop stealing out fat white women...

joeyc77
05-06-2014, 10:09 AM
This x100000
IDK how this can even be considered racist...just because the words black & white were used :confused: ?
Your examples about Tiger and Eminem are spot on btw

Well it was considered racism when Rush Limbaugh said the same thing about Donavan McNabb... Just saying.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-06-2014, 10:11 AM
The difference is the age we live in. Sterling has been openly racist for years. After countless incidents, they decide now to do something about it, which was the maximum penalty. No fines, slaps on the wrists before, just right to chopping off the head.

But with how the world (mostly the U.S) is these days with social media, everything little thing gets shoved down your throat by the media. Everyone has to go out of their way to voice their opinion and demand things, when none of it really affects any of us. And old white man is racist, oh man turn the world upside down.

Mikeleafs
05-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Its double standards... white men are the new minority. :D

slashsnake
05-06-2014, 10:25 AM
The difference is the age we live in. Sterling has been openly racist for years. After countless incidents, they decide now to do something about it, which was the maximum penalty. No fines, slaps on the wrists before, just right to chopping off the head.

I think that was because now you had the proof on your front door, the audio tape. Not a lawsuit he didn't have to admit guilt to (that would be a tough one to punish for), not someone's word against his. But him actually there, validating all these stories once and for all in his own words.

And this happens everywhere. Hear that Favre is kind of a scumbag with women, oh haha, too funny. Get the dick pic... yeah. Hear Vick fights dogs... ehhh, see the video of that house with the pens and malnutritioned dogs, it is different. OJ's trial isn't a spectacle if he doesn't go for a ride in his Bronco on TV.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
I think that was because now you had the proof on your front door, the audio tape. Not a lawsuit he didn't have to admit guilt to (that would be a tough one to punish for), not someone's word against his. But him actually there, validating all these stories once and for all in his own words.

And this happens everywhere. Hear that Favre is kind of a scumbag with women, oh haha, too funny. Get the dick pic... yeah. Hear Vick fights dogs... ehhh, see the video of that house with the pens and malnutritioned dogs, it is different. OJ's trial isn't a spectacle if he doesn't go for a ride in his Bronco on TV.

I remember watching that Bronco ride like it was yesterday.

ManRam
05-06-2014, 10:33 AM
We still live in a society and a political climate that greatly rewards being white and often punishes for not being so. Racism is bad regardless of the direction, but for the most part I don't think "reverse racism" is an equal to the other versions. I agree that the media gets a bit carried away and a lot of the narratives are often silly, but pretending like "reverse racism" is on par as an issue that plagues society I think it a little foolish.

Racism is never right, but even as unsettling as discussing the Sterling situation has been (hence why I've made maybe a post or two about it) I think countering it with "hey, blacks can be racist too!" isn't accomplishing anything.

And moreover, it's another silly example to use even if you are trying to do the "hey, blacks can be racist too!". Those comments in the OP simply do not compare to the extent of which Donald Sterling's racism inundates his life and has viciously made it clear numerous times in his life.

cmellofan15
05-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Awesome, another white man victimization thread!

I would appreciate this thread more if the comments were more racist and less of an attempt to stand against racism. They came out and said this to stand out against how overly celebrated they thought Bird was (as JasonJohnHorn said) because he was white.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Isaiah and Rodman's comments correlate better with Sterling's comments about Jj Redick and his assumptions about white players not being as good as black players. Steriotyping, yes. Racist, no.

What those players said had nothing to do with institutional racism

slashsnake
05-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Isaiah and Rodman's comments correlate better with Sterling's comments about Jj Redick and his assumptions about white players not being as good as black players. Steriotyping, yes. Racist, no.

What those players said had nothing to do with institutional racism

But even there, not really. Because of the power Sterling has. "I think he's only great because of his race" Is different from "I don't want to pay him money because of his race".

torocan
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Are you REALLY comparing something said close to 30 years ago by a pair of players with something that happened in 2014 by a NBA Team Owner?

And if you were actually Alive and following basketball at the time, you would know that IT was completely raked over the coals for those comments.

The other difference is that IT came out immediately and claimed that his comments were being misinterpreted, and held a press conference WITH Larry Bird in an attempt to lend some context. AND he apologized to Larry Bird and made a public apology to the press.

Thomas said he was ''joking'' and admitted that his intention may have been lost on the large group of reporters, many of whom knew him only as a player and not as an individual'My mistake was in joking in a manner and with someone who did not fully understand that I was joking,'' Thomas said. ''I'm really hurting about this.''

Thomas did reaffirm, however, his later comments concerning what he perceives as the perpetuation of stereotypes concerning all athletes and the manner in which the ''work ethic'' of white athletes is contrasted with that of black athletes.

''I think they are two separate issues,'' he said. ''The big controversry isn't about my saying professional athletes are stereotyped. The controversy is that I said Larry Bird, if he was black, would be just another good guy. But I think you would all agree that the stereotypes do exist.

''Larry definitely had to work hard to get where he is at, but so many times it's been said about black athletes that their talent is 'God-given' or that it's 'natural ability.' I had to work just as hard to get where I am. It's not God-given or instinctive. Basketball is a game where you do things over and over again. When someone makes a great play it's not a matter of instinct, but how quickly you can recall.

''It was definitely one of the worst days of my life,'' Thomas said of last Saturday. ''I lost a game, was accused of being a racist and I'm a bad guy now.'' No Animosity

Bird said today that he held no ill will toward Thomas.

''The main thing is that if the statement doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother anybdoy,'' he said. ''If Isiah tells me it was a joking matter, it should be left at that. The N.B.A. is sometimes not the easiest thing to be in, and after a game like that, in the heat of the locker room, it's probably not the best time to talk to us. I've answered a lot of questions about it, and talked about it to my family and they still love Isiah Thomas.

''I would like to apologize to Larry Bird for the emotional comments I made last week regarding his three-time winning of the N.B.A. m.v.p. awards. Coming off a very emotional loss, I was very frustrated at the time. I was wrong, and honestly that is not the way I feel. It was a mistake on my behalf.'''...

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/05/sports/thomas-explains-comments-on-bird.html

Rodman also immediately issued an apology for how his statements were being interpreted. For those who don't know what Rodman actually said, this is what he said...

"Larry Bird is overrated in a lot of areas. I don't think he's the greatest player. He's way overrated...

Why does he get so much publicity?" Rodman continued. "Because he's white. You never hear about a black player being the greatest."

Rodman wasn't saying that Bird was a bad player, he was complaining that the media was not treating Bird the same way as other players due to race. Which to be perfectly honest, was a fair statement at the time. From the time he became nationally recognized in college, Bird was referred to multiple times at the "great white hope".

Here are Larry Bird's own words on the topic...

About the time of the first Sports Illustrated cover, the media and other people started calling me the Great White Hope....

When I got to the Celtics I started hearing about it again....

I'm not naive, I know that some fans loved me even more because of the color of my skin.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=SoXikyW3S40C&pg=PT62&lpg=PT62&dq=larry+bird+sports+illustrated+great+white+hope&source=bl&ots=H0F-bwCY0X&sig=eOG8GxrjSs-6meq-bWDnILe16Lc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MwlpU9DlJcGvyAT5_YDIBw&ved=0CIIBEOgBMA0#v=onepage&q=larry%20bird%20sports%20illustrated%20great%20wh ite%20hope&f=false

You might want to learn some NBA history before you make such ludicrous comparisons.

bucketss
05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
white guys in this site continuing to compare black racist comments to what sterling did, are u guys feeling sorry for sterling?

jimm120
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
This topic is bonkers.

One is blatant racism that displays hate towards someone because of the color of their skin.

Another is two players saying that someone was more famous than they should have been becaus elf skin color.

And looking at Lin's popularity because he was Asian, eminem's popularity because he is white...seems kind of right.

Not saying they weren't damn good. Bird, IMO, was great and deserved the praise. But I can see how someone from another culture (asian, hispanic, white, russian) procuring more attention in the nba under special comditions

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:02 PM

frustration after losing can cause a black person to say true things, imagine BIRD being black who could shoot and talk trash but not really athletic but hustles, how does that not sound like any other black player in the 80s who wasn't this black hope but BIRD was the white hope who could play and did it with passion, what they said was the truth

STERLING has been the same slave master owner mentality type since his kind were actually selling human beings for slave trade, I mean blacks

you have no clue on what is racist, how can a black be racist when all the 'races' come from black?

but I bet you don't have a clue what Im talking about right there, we all know where the word racist/racism/race come from, and it didn't come from those who are the ab originals of all mankind, it came from that person Malcolm x always refer to

it amazes me how dumbed down we are as a society, really a travesty once you let it sink in

Ebbs
05-06-2014, 01:03 PM

This is correct

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:11 PM
How can you people the people(diff cultures) and be a racist? that's spreading love not war/hate like they do now, its why they divide/conquer to make people think they come from diff races and background but its all traced back to black

the first CHINESE/RUSSIAN/JEW were black.....FACT

and so on and on and on

and to make it even more solid, go ask yourself this

why, according to this u.s. bible that ADAM and EVE were in the heavenly paradise called GARDEN OF EDEN(AFRICA/MOTHER OF MANKIND)? now go to church and ask your pastor about that and see the reaction you get out of him

this country was built on racism/killing/money/lies and we all sit here and talk about it like its changed or turned around, no its just more covered up beneath the surface, more clowns in the circus who act the part well

major corporations held slaves(black humans) as stock/money collateral and cashed in big time, the same corporations that everybody supports today

don't make me post a list showing it

and last but not least its been so many presidents who come from black or have black mothers that I don't feel the need to list those because you should be educated on tru history and know it by now but don't have a clue

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:19 PM
This is correct

who created the term racist/racism?

its like how the perception of gangs come from blacks/streets but the president/politics/cops are the biggest gangs In the world, and its not even close

just like the word ****** was made up by the same people who created racist/racism...then when black folk say ***** its cool because blacks made it that way, so just like blacks think nothing of saying something back towards the oppressors in that same form and it should be looked at with a grain of salt since all the nonsense blacks had to put up with

like for instance, colored people only vs whites only

who in the **** does that? who in the **** sells human beings and then apologizes for making blacks slaves? only in AMERICA

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
The only reason why racism/racist exist is to pit

BLACK VS WHITE
CHINESE VS JAPANESE
JAMAICAN VS HAITIAN

and so on and on to deflect from the fact that they all come from black descent

facts are so amazing, I mean what actually happened

its the reason why the polar bear = white man

the polar bear is really the brown bear but it had to adapt to where it lives in the cold so it blended but its coat is really brown/black, not white like its appears and seems to be, fact

the final glaciation of EUROPE is where the human white man come from, 40k yrs ago when the grimaldi man opened up shop there, facts

The Captain
05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
white guys in this site continuing to compare black racist comments to what sterling did, are u guys feeling sorry for sterling?

What do you mean by, "u guys"?! Are you grouping white people as a whole based off something stupid another white person did? THAS RAYCEES!!

See how annoying that gets?

The Captain
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
The only reason why racism/racist exist is to pit

BLACK VS WHITE
CHINESE VS JAPANESE
JAMAICAN VS HAITIAN

and so on and on to deflect from the fact that they all come from black descent

facts are so amazing, I mean what actually happened

its the reason why the polar bear = white man

the polar bear is really the brown bear but it had to adapt to where it lives in the cold so it blended but its coat is really brown/black, not white like its appears and seems to be, fact

the final glaciation of EUROPE is where the human white man come from, 40k yrs ago when the grimaldi man opened up shop there, facts

Shh!! Too many facts! Remember, most people in this country still think the world is only 2,000 years old...

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Between 40,000 and 20,000 years ago, this BLACK man left Mother Afrika and went into Father Europe at a time during the last glaciazation. The climate in Europe was extremely cold; it was much colder than it is now and during this period of some 20,000 years, this BLACK man underwent significant physical adaptations to eventually become what we call or know today as the WHITE man.

According to tru accurate history
GOD=MOTHER+FATHER

The Captain
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
and last but not least its been so many presidents who come from black or have black mothers that I don't feel the need to list those because you should be educated on tru history and know it by now but don't have a clue

Is that the history of 2Chainz?

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
We have the Afrikan from the so-called "Southern Cradle" and the European from the "Northern Cradle". These are two different modern-day peoples with two different ways of life, mind-sets and value systems.

According to Dr. Diop, the characteristics of the "Southern Cradle", Afrika, are:
1. Abundance of Vital resources
2. Sedentary agricultural economy
3. Gentle, idealistic peaceful nature
4. Matriarchal family structure
5. Emancipation of women in domestic life
6. Territorial state
7. Xenophilia
8. Cosmopolitanism
9. Social Collectivism
10. Material solidarity of right for each individual which makes moral or
material misery unknown
11. Ideal, peace, justice, goodness and optimism Literature emphasis, novel, tales, fables and comedy

Those of the "Northern Cradle", Europe, are:

1. Bareness of resources
2. Nomadic hunting economy (piracy)
3. Ferocious, war like nature with a spirit survival
4. Patriarchal family structure
5. Debasement/enslavement of women in domestic life
6. City, state
7. Xenophobia
8. Parochialism
9. Individualism
10. Moral solitude
11. Disgust for existence, pessimism
12. Literature favours tragedy

The Captain
05-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Between 40,000 and 20,000 years ago, this BLACK man left Mother Afrika and went into Father Europe at a time during the last glaciazation. The climate in Europe was extremely cold; it was much colder than it is now and during this period of some 20,000 years, this BLACK man underwent significant physical adaptations to eventually become what we call or know today as the WHITE man.

According to tru accurate history
GOD=MOTHER+FATHER

Yup, to keep the body warm in the low temps several adaptations took place. Including, and I'm not joking, the penis shrinking so it was less mass the body would have to provide heat and bloodflow to. Anthropology is rad (and a little ****ed up.)

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Is that the history of 2Chainz?

It might be but here is the tru history of it again, 7 presidents before BARACK who come from BLACK DESCENT

1. John Hanson (a Moor) was actually the 1st President of the United States, he served from 1781 – 1782 and he was black. The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land).

Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress.

As President, Hanson ordered all foreign troops off American soil, as well as removal of all foreign flags. He established the Great Seal of the United States, which all Presidents since have been required to use on all Official Documents. He declared that the 4th Thursday of every November to be Thanksgiving Day, which is still true today. Even though elected, one variable that was never thought through was that America was not going to accept a Black President during the heart of the enslavement period. Enter George Washington.

2. Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd President of the United States, he served from 1801 – 1809 and he was black. His mother a half-breed Indian squaw and his father a mulatto (half white and half black) from Virginia. He fathered numerous children with Sally Hemmings, a mulatto slave with whom he lived with in Europe.

3. Andrew Jackson was the 7th President of the United States. He served from 1829 – 1837 and he was black. His mother was a white woman from Ireland who had Andrew Jackson with a black man. His father’s other children (Andrew Jackson’s stepbrother) was sold into slavery.

4. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States, he served from 1861 – 1865 and he was black. His mother was from an Ethiopian Tribe and his father was an African American. It was told that his father was Thomas Lincoln, a man to cover the truth, but he was sterile from childhood mumps and was later castrated, making it impossible for him to have been his father. Lincoln’s nickname “Abraham Africa-nus the First.”

5. Warren Harding was the 28th President of the United States, he served from 1921 – 1923 and he was black. Harding never denied his ancestry. When Republican leaders called on Harding to deny his “Negro” history, he said, “How should I know whether or not one of my ancestors might have jumped the fence?”

6. Calvin Coolidge was the 29th President of the United States, he served from 1923 – 1929 and he was black. He proudly admitted that his mother was dark but claimed it was because of a mixed Indian ancestry. His mother’s maiden name was “Moor.” In Europe the name “Moor” was given to all Black people just as in America the name “Negro” was used.

7. Dwight E. Eisenhower was the 33rd President of the United States, he served from 1953 – 1961 and he was black. His mother, Ida Elizabeth Stover Eisenhower, an anti-war advocate, was half black.

So, America has survived and thrived through our first Seven Black Presidents and we will survive and THRIVE through the election of this one!

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I laught at all this nonsense racial/racism/racist ********

because we all know the truth about why it exist, it didnt come from blacks directly, just indirectly for being the '''''ab originals'' of all so called 'races' if america and abroad from jamiaca to brazil to china to haiti

the whitehwashing of america is beautifully ugly to say the least

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 01:53 PM
And all I hear is about our NATIVE AMERICANS but nobody mentions the 1st BLACK SEMINOLES in AMERICA

3RDASYSTEM
05-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Yup, to keep the body warm in the low temps several adaptations took place. Including, and I'm not joking, the penis shrinking so it was less mass the body would have to provide heat and bloodflow to. Anthropology is rad (and a little ****ed up.)

its called MELANIN

that's how you survive in diff climates, we all have it some just have stronger doses and are darker(AFRICA people ring a bell?), they are right there where the sun is strong red in AFRICA and need a strong dosage of MELANIN to survive, we all have it because everybody come from that strength

BLACK=STRENGTH/FEARED
WHITE=PALE/SICK/WEAK/ALBINO

go look it up and see for yourself because I know for a fact we all want to be weak and not strong

Is it ironic that a black lady can have an ALBINO(white) child by natural birth with a black man? how and why is that?

smith&wesson
05-06-2014, 02:29 PM

neither is ok, both are wrong. Comparing one bad scenerio to another doesnt make either of them any more acceptable. both are an emberassment and both are ignorant.

moving forward, stop reflecting on the past. you have to kill this sort of thinking. there is no difference. racism is racism.

slashsnake
05-06-2014, 02:34 PM
It might be but here is the tru history of it again, 7 presidents before BARACK who come from BLACK DESCENT

1. John Hanson (a Moor) was actually the 1st President of the United States, he served from 1781 – 1782 and he was black. The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land).

Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress.

As President, Hanson ordered all foreign troops off American soil, as well as removal of all foreign flags. He established the Great Seal of the United States, which all Presidents since have been required to use on all Official Documents. He declared that the 4th Thursday of every November to be Thanksgiving Day, which is still true today. Even though elected, one variable that was never thought through was that America was not going to accept a Black President during the heart of the enslavement period. Enter George Washington.

2. Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd President of the United States, he served from 1801 – 1809 and he was black. His mother a half-breed Indian squaw and his father a mulatto (half white and half black) from Virginia. He fathered numerous children with Sally Hemmings, a mulatto slave with whom he lived with in Europe.

3. Andrew Jackson was the 7th President of the United States. He served from 1829 – 1837 and he was black. His mother was a white woman from Ireland who had Andrew Jackson with a black man. His father’s other children (Andrew Jackson’s stepbrother) was sold into slavery.

4. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States, he served from 1861 – 1865 and he was black. His mother was from an Ethiopian Tribe and his father was an African American. It was told that his father was Thomas Lincoln, a man to cover the truth, but he was sterile from childhood mumps and was later castrated, making it impossible for him to have been his father. Lincoln’s nickname “Abraham Africa-nus the First.”

5. Warren Harding was the 28th President of the United States, he served from 1921 – 1923 and he was black. Harding never denied his ancestry. When Republican leaders called on Harding to deny his “Negro” history, he said, “How should I know whether or not one of my ancestors might have jumped the fence?”

6. Calvin Coolidge was the 29th President of the United States, he served from 1923 – 1929 and he was black. He proudly admitted that his mother was dark but claimed it was because of a mixed Indian ancestry. His mother’s maiden name was “Moor.” In Europe the name “Moor” was given to all Black people just as in America the name “Negro” was used.

7. Dwight E. Eisenhower was the 33rd President of the United States, he served from 1953 – 1961 and he was black. His mother, Ida Elizabeth Stover Eisenhower, an anti-war advocate, was half black.

So, America has survived and thrived through our first Seven Black Presidents and we will survive and THRIVE through the election of this one!

Lol.. the Thomas Jefferson is black bit came from a writer who was favoring the opposite party and was never verified. Same with Jackson. Some writer said his dad (actually scottish and irish) was black and his brother was a slave. Lincoln's mother was from Virginia, not an "ethiopian tribe". Hardings again was by a writer favoring another party, finding rumors (started by one of his political rivals). Coolidge's mom had a last name of Moor as did many people and it had nothing to do with race, just like having the last name White today. Does that mean Barry White is no longer an african american? Simon Stover and Elizabeth Judah Link were white. They gave birth to Dwight Eisenhowers mom. How was she then half black? This ones just flat out idiotic.

Come on... These were written by politically owned papers all of them trying to trash their opponent, fact checked and nothing of proof was found. They also wrote that the British were paying American Indians for thousands of scalps to send home to England to the King. Doesn't make it true though does it?

Ben Franklin (a better source sadly than yours) predicted the Death of a political rival, and when that day came up , he wrote his obituary even though the guy was still alive. When the guy wrote an article that he was in fact alive, Ben wrote another article that he was dead and an imposter had taken his place. Then when he did die 5 years later, Ben wrote an article congratulating the imposter for fessing up to the lie.

The Captain
05-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Spare us your copy and pasted google regurgitation.

Using your logic, didn't every President come from black descent? Actually, didn't every person ever come from black descent? So we're all the same and race is just a made up idea for divisive purposes? I agree.

d00d
05-06-2014, 02:54 PM
I spent 45 days in jail in 1989 for drag racing and DUI. I was shocked at the hatred the blacks had for whites.

And the stories I heard about the prison in the state was horrifying. White boys going in and getting gang raped by the blacks.

I have always believed that blacks hate whites much more than a white ever hated a black.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
so wait..they said bird was black? hahahahahaha

ok..ssoo i also think that when it comes to racism there is a double standard...BUT.. IMO i think thats bcuz white ppl dont care..well most anyways.
im white and it u call me a cracker or say im black..haha im not gonna get mad at all..idc..haha

maybe..just maybe..if white ppl had been slaves and treated like horse **** then maybe we would get pissed if we were called crackers.

now in the other hand some white ppl will get offended for **** like that..y? i have no idea they just do. same as some black ppl dont get offended over being called the N word and such.
i guess for the most part it depends on the person.

bucketss
05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I spent 45 days in jail in 1989 for drag racing and DUI. I was shocked at the hatred the blacks had for whites.

And the stories I heard about the prison in the state was horrifying. White boys going in and getting gang raped by the blacks.

I have always believed that blacks hate whites much more than a white ever hated a black.

are your ancestors at the bottom of the atlantic ocean?

ohreally
05-06-2014, 06:13 PM

You really can't be the same kind of racist if you are in the group that is suffering from racism. Equating the two is, frankly, sorta racialist at least.

And though Isiah and Rodman were wrong if they meant Bird would not BE one of the top players, they were probably at least partially right that he wouldn't have been "considered" one of the best. At least at that time. A Black guy who wasn't athletic? Practically bench fodder.

BigCityofDreams
05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Interesting video that I feel sheds light on what many feel is a double standard.

Is There Such A Thing As Black Racism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvnld0l1eHs&list=PLE6EE93C73858C5EB&index=2

joeyc77
05-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Interesting video that I feel sheds light on what many feel is a double standard.

Is There Such A Thing As Black Racism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvnld0l1eHs&list=PLE6EE93C73858C5EB&index=2

This line of thinking is why there will always be racial issues in this country.

MagicBucsSox
05-06-2014, 08:17 PM

Lmaoooo please close this thread it was nonsense from the beginnings. Ever since this Sterling story, bored members of the white community are on a witch hunt to prove a black racist. Yes they exist. They do in all races. So this whole whining how bad you have it needs to stop. That's not what rodman & Thomas meant. They were calling out Bird & the media because like Eminem,Tiger, Danica n so on when your the oddball in a group and your as talented as your contemporaries your "overhyped" it's just how it is.

When Rob Parker said what he did of RG3 was he not fired? Was Lauryn Hill not outed when she made

BigCityofDreams
05-06-2014, 08:18 PM
This line of thinking is why there will always be racial issues in this country.

Maybe and I don't necessarily agree with every single thing he said but he does make a point on the different types of racism that black and white ppl face.

todu82
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
I think it's because blacks have gone through more hard stuff than whites have. That said racism is never right.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2014, 08:29 PM

nah. Remember, you were also dealing with degenerates while in jail mostly.

I remember when I was volunteering after Katrina, and there were like 200k residents that fled to Houston, I was in a lunch line, serving food, and a black guy says to me, "how does it feel to be serving a black man, honkey?". At first, I was a little pissed, but then realized, this dude has nothing in his life. Nothing. He is angry. Just let it go.

Look, racism is wrong everytime. But, in this country, it is socially acceptable for some races to get away with stuff another race may not. Blacks have absolutely more leeway than any other race when it comes to being racist. But our society has basically accepted the fact that they were basically second class citizens for so long, they "earned" that right, even if it's kind of b.s. But, it is also the reality of our nation, and not worth getting upset over everytime you hear a story about racism.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2014, 08:31 PM
btw, do people realize there was a HUGE backlash after Thomas/Rodman said that? Bird had to be pulled from his prep for the finals to a news conference so Thomas could basically say he thought Bird was a great player, and lost it in the moment. It probably cost Thomas a spot on the Dream Team.

So anyone who doesn't think Thomas got a big amount of backlash is either too young, or hasn't done their research.

Sandman
05-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Racism between players is different from the owner talking about institutional racism.

Its not just the times or a white/black thing either. Jalen Rose called Grant Hill an uncle tom a year or two ago and he wasn't reprimanded at all and it only gets brought up in conversations like this.

Also, the NBA didn't find out last week that Donald Sterling was a racist. The public did. I doubt the NBA gives a flying fart if they weren't dropping advertisers and staging protests.

This is the beauty of Silver's decision. He doesn't need to ban him for being a racist. By putting it to a league vote, it keeps the focus on the business end. Any other owner worried about setting precedent with private comments can vote him out on the basis that he is now bad for business. If any "NO" votes leak to the public, that franchise would sink JUST as quick as the Clips.

Sandman
05-06-2014, 08:44 PM
btw, do people realize there was a HUGE backlash after Thomas/Rodman said that? Bird had to be pulled from his prep for the finals to a news conference so Thomas could basically say he thought Bird was a great player, and lost it in the moment. It probably cost Thomas a spot on the Dream Team.

So anyone who doesn't think Thomas got a big amount of backlash is either too young, or hasn't done their research.

good call, now that you say that I remember that conference from the 30 for 30. I was born in '88

5ass
05-06-2014, 08:57 PM
We're all slaves nowadays.

nastynice
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
lol, rodman/isiah comments are NOTHING like what sterling said!! you must be on something...

nastynice
05-06-2014, 11:53 PM

I remember when I was volunteering after Katrina, and there were like 200k residents that fled to Houston, I was in a lunch line, serving food, and a black guy says to me, "how does it feel to be serving a black man, honkey?". At first, I was a little pissed, but then realized, this dude has nothing in his life. Nothing. He is angry. Just let it go.

Look, racism is wrong everytime. But, in this country, it is socially acceptable for some races to get away with stuff another race may not. Blacks have absolutely more leeway than any other race when it comes to being racist. But our society has basically accepted the fact that they were basically second class citizens for so long, they "earned" that right, even if it's kind of b.s. But, it is also the reality of our nation, and not worth getting upset over everytime you hear a story about racism.

I could see why this would upset you, but also think, why would someone say such a thing?? What are those people facing still today, what are their struggles today, and how does it make them feel to see the grass on the other side and how much greener it is. We are a FAR way away from equality, its just that the issues aren't so blatant and in your face anymore that people think that things are all good and peachy, but that's far from the truth. There is no question which race of people still fall victim to our own gov't in overwhelming numbers compared to others.

I'm not saying what he said is right, not by any means, but without a doubt that man has A LOT of substance behind what he said, there is a reason why he said what he did. Maybe it was out of hatred and anger, but I promise you that hatred and anger stems from something very real which is happening today. Unfortunately you personally got the brunt of what really should have been directed of other individuals/system.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 12:13 AM
I could see why this would upset you, but also think, why would someone say such a thing?? What are those people facing still today, what are their struggles today, and how does it make them feel to see the grass on the other side and how much greener it is. We are a FAR way away from equality, its just that the issues aren't so blatant and in your face anymore that people think that things are all good and peachy, but that's far from the truth. There is no question which race of people still fall victim to our own gov't in overwhelming numbers compared to others.

I'm not saying what he said is right, not by any means, but without a doubt that man has A LOT of substance behind what he said, there is a reason why he said what he did. Maybe it was out of hatred and anger, but I promise you that hatred and anger stems from something very real which is happening today. Unfortunately you personally got the brunt of what really should have been directed of other individuals/system.

Like I commented, I very quickly realized this man was from a poor area of NO, and had a crappy life. He was angry. So, I couldn't possibly say anything back, or get offended. His life sucks. For all sorts of reasons. I can understand why he is pissed off.

nastynice
05-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Like I commented, I very quickly realized this man was from a poor area of NO, and had a crappy life. He was angry. So, I couldn't possibly say anything back, or get offended. His life sucks. For all sorts of reasons. I can understand why he is pissed off.

yea, but beyond him going through hardship, I'm saying why would he specifically make a comment pertaining to race and who has to serve who? There's a lot more there than just him dealing with the flood. Its not like the flood is what lead him to think that, that thought was in his mind well before that incident. Its something rooted within and throughout our country.

*unless thats what you were referring to, then my misunderstanding

MTar786
05-07-2014, 03:05 AM
if larry bird was asian he would have been so good

amos1er
05-07-2014, 06:30 AM

It was actually Jordan who lobbied against Isiah to make sure he didn't get a spot on the dream team because of how he treated him when he was first in the NBA and during his playoff runs against the bad boy Pistons. Perhaps someone else hasn't done their research.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/06/michael-jordan-finally-admits-that-he-kept-isiah-thomas-off-the-1992-olympic-dream-team

amos1er
05-07-2014, 06:35 AM

I understand what your saying, but Isiah and Rodman were hardly "dudes with nothing in their lives." In fact, Zeke was still able to land a roll as GM for one of the biggest markets in the NBA years later, while Sterling will never work in this town (so to speak) again.

amos1er
05-07-2014, 06:43 AM
lol, rodman/isiah comments are NOTHING like what sterling said!! you must be on something...

Yes, but you must also take into account that Sterling didn't know he was being recorded, while Rodman/Isiah said what they said in a public forum.

JonnyBrav000
05-07-2014, 08:51 AM

So I'm assuming you think Sterling's comments should not have been taken that seriously because of this??? Sterling is not that bad? And the fact that he lost the biggest housing discrimination case vs non-whites in the history of this country is probably not a big deal either?

Seriously what is the point of this thread guy? These are two very different situations and comments. What Isiah and Rodman said was not nice but it was not racist. Sour grapes after a playoff loss. It was stupid, but it was not racist, it was just an opinion on why they feel Larry Bird was such a big deal. I do not agree with those comments but come on, let's be real here, not racist. What Sterling said was way different, did Isiah and Rodman say no one should like Larry Bird because he is white??? They basically said he is overrated because he is white, which is dumb and I'm sure they retracted. On the other hand Sterling believes he is too good to be associated with blacks in public, even though he can make money from their labor and he can also take their money. Plus he has not apologized or even wavered his statements.

Face it, Sterling had to go. Magic Johnson is a much more important man to the NBA than Sterling at least publicly. He is one of the top 5 reasons why the NBA is so successful today (I know Larry Bird is too) and Sterling is not. Sterling's history was already terrible and the racist comments from that plantation minded fool was bad for NBA business and pretty much shook-up the entire NBA and fans alike. Did Rodman and Isiah do that? No and it was in 1987, and even if it were today would not be as big a deal.

Dude this is a dumb comparison, try something better next time.

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 09:32 AM

But then again he could have been traumatized on how the white corrupt system did those in KATRINA, and way way way before when they use to hang black people from a pole/tree and post a sign on/around that hung dead victim reading ''SLEEP, DO NOT AWAKE''

With a whole bunch of HONKEYS around him, mostly men, a few women

now go figure he just called u a HONKEY and not actually ripped your head off for past mental conditioning, torture that is

it makes sense to toruture/kill the black man and it is still here strong, because every human of mankind came from the first being, black lady/woman to be exact

think for a second and figure out where the terms, RACISM/******/RACIST/LYNCH/SLAVE TRADE all came from? now figure out why its all spread out thru the other races/cultures? to make it a even playing field when we all know that devil MALCOLM X talking about created this bs confusion because they were always were and always will be

CAVEMAN ROPED IN THE RUSSIAN MOUNTAINS, SAVAGES WHO WERE ALWAYS INFERIOR BUT NOW ARE SUPERIOR, ALL 8-20PCT OF THE ALBINOS, SURE

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 09:34 AM
You are not white HAWK

you are ALBINO

tru story

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Lol.. the Thomas Jefferson is black bit came from a writer who was favoring the opposite party and was never verified. Same with Jackson. Some writer said his dad (actually scottish and irish) was black and his brother was a slave. Lincoln's mother was from Virginia, not an "ethiopian tribe". Hardings again was by a writer favoring another party, finding rumors (started by one of his political rivals). Coolidge's mom had a last name of Moor as did many people and it had nothing to do with race, just like having the last name White today. Does that mean Barry White is no longer an african american? Simon Stover and Elizabeth Judah Link were white. They gave birth to Dwight Eisenhowers mom. How was she then half black? This ones just flat out idiotic.

Come on... These were written by politically owned papers all of them trying to trash their opponent, fact checked and nothing of proof was found. They also wrote that the British were paying American Indians for thousands of scalps to send home to England to the King. Doesn't make it true though does it?

Ben Franklin (a better source sadly than yours) predicted the Death of a political rival, and when that day came up , he wrote his obituary even though the guy was still alive. When the guy wrote an article that he was in fact alive, Ben wrote another article that he was dead and an imposter had taken his place. Then when he did die 5 years later, Ben wrote an article congratulating the imposter for fessing up to the lie.

come on SHERLOCK HOLMES/PERRY MASON, get off the bull ****, like right now ASAP

READ BELOW

"The Negroid races peopled at some time all the South of India, Indo-China and China. The South of Indo-China actually has now pure Negritos as the Semangs and mixed as the Malays and the Sakais."( H. Imbert, "Les Negritos de la Chine").

“Even the sacred Manchu dynasty shows this Negro strain. The lower part of the face of the Emperor Pu-yi of Manchukuo, direct descendant of the Manchu rulers of China, is most distinctly Negroid. Chinese chroniclers report that a Negro Empire existed in the South of China at the dawn of that country's history".( Professor Chang Hsing-Lang , "The importation of Negro Slaves to China under the Tang Dynasty A.D. 618-907)

“There is evidence of substantial populations of Blacks in early China. Archaeological studies have located a black substratum in the earliest periods of Chinese history, and reports of major kingdom ruled by Blacks are frequently in Chinese documents." (Kwang-Chih Chang, The Archaeology of Ancient China, (Yale University Press) and Irwin Graham, Africans Abroad (Columbia University Press).

But after hundreds of years of the worldwide spread of the doctrine of white superiority and the inferiority of black Africans and their descendants. This notion that blacks were the original inhabitants of China was poo, pooed by white scientists and others and even by some blacks.

But in 2005, a Chinese DNA specialist, Jin Li, leading a team of Chinese and other scientists, proved through DNA tests that indeed the first inhabitants of China were black Africans.

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Its quite shocking once you overstand the agenda of America

its like so basic once you understand that ADAM and EVE were in the heavenly paradise called AFRICA a.k.a. MOTHER OF MANKIND a.k.a. THE WOMBMAN(GODDESS/MOTHER) but the bible called it THE GARDEN OF EDEN

once you understand that basic ****, then all the rest is easy money

also how can they be so disrespectful I heard by dissing and belittling the female and then saying the woman came from a man rib, just a bunch of Julius ceasar ********

you guys are the type to believe ARMSTRONG was the first on the moon, you guys are the type to think technology started over here in the 80's

that **** was way way back in AFRICA 10k yrs ago, at the least

I bet you think martial arts came from BRUCE LEE don't you?

mightybosstone
05-07-2014, 09:46 AM
These are two completely different types of comments. Isiah and Rodman were referring to the public's perception of white players in the league, and said nothing whatsoever negative about the race as a whole or how they felt about white people. Sterling basically reiterated a plantation mentality that blacks and whites are inherently different, that his girlfriend shouldn't be seen in public with black men and that it doesn't matter how he feels or treats blacks as long as he provides for them.

Both said ignorant things, but these two comments that OP is referring to are on the far end of the spectrum in terms of their severity. It's one thing to say you think a player has an advantage in the public's eye because of the color of his skin and it's another to say that blacks and whites are totally different and should not mix. Plus, Isiah and Rodman said those comments 27 years ago, so you have to take that into consideration.

Auseranami
05-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Who ****ing cares?

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Its been so many old old old old JEWS/RUSSIANS and so on who say the first was BLACK DESCENT

this has to be the funniest **** to ever figure out, im in awe how they copy the original authentic

like it all makes sense when I look at the field of sports and see it dominated by BLACK DESCENT, even how they try to act like there is no black players in MLB and im thinking to myself D ORTIZ and all those players come from BLACK DESCENT, so in essence they are all black but society wants you to view it diff. to not fully educate you the right way

we come from a village/community, not this marriage/husband/wife European vision

whats more in shambles and needs more attention and rebuilding, the community or the marriage?

torocan
05-07-2014, 10:07 AM
you guys are the type to believe ARMSTRONG was the first on the moon

Uh huh... okay, now we know we're you're coming from.

Why don't you find a nice tin-foil hat to play with... I'm sure you'll get a conversation much more to your liking if you stick to the voices in your head.

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I hope you do have a clue where im coming from because it is all legit

nothing like the truth, I bet you are the type also to believe the ADAM and EVE bull **** bible story

the same ADAM and EVE that is now a porn company in the same united states that created such a mythical story

now go play with your pagan chromies and do it hands free no tin foil hat

I just murdered this topic, and educated and pissed you off in the process

the voices in others head think just like mine because tremendous minds think alike, get like us or stick to your ADAM and EVE and ARMSTRONG man on the moon desires that you have been taught, makes me none

redhorse
05-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Its definitely not the same sterlings comment was more towards hatred... its like what blacks did with the tsunami song on hot 97 in ny.. youtube that

And what rodman and Isaiah said was ignorant but not hatred sorta what mayweather says all the time bout asians not hatred but degrading a race.....but ill say this imagine the backlash if the same thing happened in hockey?... imagine a white hockey player saying what rodman said... what do u think would happen?

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Uh huh... okay, now we know we're you're coming from.

Why don't you find a nice tin-foil hat to play with... I'm sure you'll get a conversation much more to your liking if you stick to the voices in your head.

I typed all that good education **** in my other replies and all you can do is copy and paste this ARMSTRONG quote? you cant reply to all that other factual **** so you say its 'voices in my head'?

next

3RDASYSTEM
05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Who ****ing cares?

the bitter albinos obviously who are always trolling the sports media headlines with gay players coming out(like it hasn't been gay athletes for past at least 50yrs) and who is racist(like racism has been around forever since they created it) or what athlete is on HGH/ROIDS(like they didn't sponsor and promote it quietly) and how they try and act like HEMP/MARY J/WEED is on the same level when in fact the U.S. has a medical patented on the HERBAL PLANT, wow the way we are taught is just purely stupid, we are taught that a herbal medicine(which now the NFL may use as a medical treatment) is in the same destructive vein as HGH/ROIDS/CRACK/METH/EX PILLS and all that other manmade ********

it just went from slave human trade to locking humans up in a prison cell, same **** same toilet

that's who cares and then they get a reaction from the masses and we get involved and react, and go back and forth about nothing but I prefer the truth which I am speaking on here, from judging players to racism, I speak what actually happens

Knick bag
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM

nothing like the truth, I bet you are the type also to believe the ADAM and EVE bull **** bible story

the same ADAM and EVE that is now a porn company in the same united states that created such a mythical story

the voices in others head think just like mine because tremendous minds think alike, get like us or stick to your ADAM and EVE and ARMSTRONG man on the moon desires that you have been taught, makes me none

sooooo, the United States created the Adam/Eve story. WOW

mightybosstone
05-07-2014, 11:24 AM

the bitter albinos obviously who are always trolling the sports media headlines with gay players coming out(like it hasn't been gay athletes for past at least 50yrs) and who is racist(like racism has been around forever since they created it) or what athlete is on HGH/ROIDS(like they didn't sponsor and promote it quietly) and how they try and act like HEMP/MARY J/WEED is on the same level when in fact the U.S. has a medical patented on the HERBAL PLANT, wow the way we are taught is just purely stupid, we are taught that a herbal medicine(which now the NFL may use as a medical treatment) is in the same destructive vein as HGH/ROIDS/CRACK/METH/EX PILLS and all that other manmade ********

it just went from slave human trade to locking humans up in a prison cell, same **** same toilet

that's who cares and then they get a reaction from the masses and we get involved and react, and go back and forth about nothing but I prefer the truth which I am speaking on here, from judging players to racism, I speak what actually happens

You know you sound completely ****ing insane, right? Like "lives in a shack in the middle of nowhere, refuses to eat any food he doesn't grow himself, gets a subscription to the National Enquirer and calls radio talk shows at 3 in the morning" insane. You aren't saying "what actually happened." You're spewing conspiracy theory nonsense that is completely off topic with no factual evidence to support a single thing you're saying. Nobody believes you. You will convert no followers to your absolutely batshit crazy Internet sports forum cult. So either drop it or don't. But you're the only one who looks foolish in this situation.

Tony_Starks
05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Saying somebody is overrated and saying a particular race should not be associated with in public and aren't welcome to your games are equal now?

Ok.

joeyc77
05-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Maybe us white people should just start out own league so we don't have to put up with this nonsense.

LJ was on to something.

beasted86
05-07-2014, 02:30 PM

This is one of the most foolish opinions I've heard on PSD.

Lil Rhody
05-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Waits Adam and Eve story is an American story. Wtf

Beallz Miles
05-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Maybe us white people should just start out own league so we don't have to put up with this nonsense.

LJ was on to something.

Didn't y'all already do that.

t_money25
05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Wow......talk about reaching for a way to get some heat off Donald Sterling's back....lol.....there are no similarities between the two as so many posters have already said. As a black man myself, I honestly wasn't surprised by what Sterling said because I see and hear racism almost everyday on social media - the one place where you can basically say what you want and be yourself without many consequences. IMO racism isn't just go away anytime soon unfortunately.

amos1er
05-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Saying somebody is overrated and saying a particular race should not be associated with in public and aren't welcome to your games are equal now?

Ok.

What about when we weigh in the fact that Isiah/Rodman stated their comments in a public forum and Sterling had no idea he was being recorded. Surely if Isiah/Rodman had the balls to go that far in public, who knows how bad they must get in private. What Isiah/Rodman said in public is far worse that anything Sterling has said knowingly in public.

amos1er
05-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Wow......talk about reaching for a way to get some heat off Donald Sterling's back....lol.....there are no similarities between the two as so many posters have already said. As a black man myself, I honestly wasn't surprised by what Sterling said because I see and hear racism almost everyday on social media - the one place where you can basically say what you want and be yourself without many consequences. IMO racism isn't just go away anytime soon unfortunately.

Perhaps you didn't read my original post where I clearly stated that in no way do I condone what Donald Sterling said and I feel he deserves everything he is getting.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 03:34 PM
yea, but beyond him going through hardship, I'm saying why would he specifically make a comment pertaining to race and who has to serve who? There's a lot more there than just him dealing with the flood. Its not like the flood is what lead him to think that, that thought was in his mind well before that incident. Its something rooted within and throughout our country.

*unless thats what you were referring to, then my misunderstanding

oh no, you are right. He was/is a racist, but with his life, can you blame him? Probably had nothing since he was born, living in an urban community where its natural to build up a distaste of white people. That is all I meant. I can't get mad at the guy, because I am not from his situation, which was obviously a very ****** one.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 03:36 PM
I understand what your saying, but Isiah and Rodman were hardly "dudes with nothing in their lives." In fact, Zeke was still able to land a roll as GM for one of the biggest markets in the NBA years later, while Sterling will never work in this town (so to speak) again.

not saying racism is right, I am saying its totally and completely socially acceptable for black people to speak their minds when it comes to racism. They may get a little backlash, but never like a white person does. And I pointed out the reasons why.

Just not worth getting all up in arms about to me.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 03:38 PM
It was actually Jordan who lobbied against Isiah to make sure he didn't get a spot on the dream team because of how he treated him when he was first in the NBA and during his playoff runs against the bad boy Pistons. Perhaps someone else hasn't done their research.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/06/michael-jordan-finally-admits-that-he-kept-isiah-thomas-off-the-1992-olympic-dream-team

MJ can make that claim, but everyone in the NBA hated the Pistons, and Thomas was already not liked by every member of the dream team not named Magic. With Magic an automatic, and Stockton coming into his own, it was an easy choice for everyone. The Bird comment/situation was a few years prior, but it was basically the stepping stone of the build up of hatred for Thomas and the Pistons.

amos1er
05-07-2014, 03:39 PM
These are two completely different types of comments. Isiah and Rodman were referring to the public's perception of white players in the league, and said nothing whatsoever negative about the race as a whole or how they felt about white people. Sterling basically reiterated a plantation mentality that blacks and whites are inherently different, that his girlfriend shouldn't be seen in public with black men and that it doesn't matter how he feels or treats blacks as long as he provides for them.

Both said ignorant things, but these two comments that OP is referring to are on the far end of the spectrum in terms of their severity. It's one thing to say you think a player has an advantage in the public's eye because of the color of his skin and it's another to say that blacks and whites are totally different and should not mix. Plus, Isiah and Rodman said those comments 27 years ago, so you have to take that into consideration.

There were and still are a great deal of people who feel that Rodman/Isiah were insinuating black superiority in the world of sports in terms of god given athletic ability.

Isiah was still awarded a GM position with one of the most profitable teams in the NBA but a few short years ago despite this 27 year gap you refer too. Sterling has a lifetime ban from the NBA.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2014, 03:39 PM
But then again he could have been traumatized on how the white corrupt system did those in KATRINA, and way way way before when they use to hang black people from a pole/tree and post a sign on/around that hung dead victim reading ''SLEEP, DO NOT AWAKE''

With a whole bunch of HONKEYS around him, mostly men, a few women

now go figure he just called u a HONKEY and not actually ripped your head off for past mental conditioning, torture that is

it makes sense to toruture/kill the black man and it is still here strong, because every human of mankind came from the first being, black lady/woman to be exact

think for a second and figure out where the terms, RACISM/******/RACIST/LYNCH/SLAVE TRADE all came from? now figure out why its all spread out thru the other races/cultures? to make it a even playing field when we all know that devil MALCOLM X talking about created this bs confusion because they were always were and always will be

CAVEMAN ROPED IN THE RUSSIAN MOUNTAINS, SAVAGES WHO WERE ALWAYS INFERIOR BUT NOW ARE SUPERIOR, ALL 8-20PCT OF THE ALBINOS, SURE

wtf are you even talking about?

amos1er
05-07-2014, 03:44 PM
MJ can make that claim, but everyone in the NBA hated the Pistons, and Thomas was already not liked by every member of the dream team not named Magic. With Magic an automatic, and Stockton coming into his own, it was an easy choice for everyone. The Bird comment/situation was a few years prior, but it was basically the stepping stone of the build up of hatred for Thomas and the Pistons.

That's your opinion. With all due respect, I will go with the statements made directly from MJ regarding Isiah's absence on the Dream Team. I do agree that Isiah is a douche overall and has done and said some very foolish things in years past.

amos1er
05-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Ha 3rdA is on one. I have no idea what he is even talking about 90% of the time.

mightybosstone
05-07-2014, 04:20 PM
There were and still are a great deal of people who feel that Rodman/Isiah were insinuating black superiority in the world of sports in terms of god given athletic ability.
If we're talking superiority in the game of basketball, I can't say I'd disagree. What the percentage of black athletes in the NBA today? 70%? 80%? I'm not saying a white player cannot perform on the same level as a black player whatsoever, and I completely disagree with the statement that Bird would have just been an average player if he were black. But if you want to claim black athletes as a whole are better than white athletes as a whole in terms of professional basketball, I'd have to agree with you.

Isiah was still awarded a GM position with one of the most profitable teams in the NBA but a few short years ago despite this 27 year gap you refer too. Sterling has a lifetime ban from the NBA.
I fail to see your point. As previously stated, what they said was not remotely in the same vicinity of offensive statements as what Sterling said. How can you even suggest that it's on the same level?

Tony_Starks
05-07-2014, 04:36 PM

^ This.

Trying to compare one random statement to Sterling is beyond reaching. Sterling had a racist history. We can reach for every politically incorrect statement some random black person has ever said, but the bottom line is Sterling had a 3 decade documented history of being a OVERT racist.

Stop it!

BigCityofDreams
05-08-2014, 06:04 PM
^ This.

Trying to compare one random statement to Sterling is beyond reaching. Sterling had a racist history. We can reach for every politically incorrect statement some random black person has ever said, but the bottom line is Sterling had a 3 decade documented history of being a OVERT racist.

Stop it!

lol ppl might have a problem with comments coming out in new MJ book

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM

LJ was on to something.

might was well with all the other whitewashing of our culture

Humanity born at the latitude of the African Great Lakes, near the Ecuador is by necessity pigmented (black) and African. This is substantiated by Gloger’s Law which states that warm blooded beings are pigmented in hot and humid climates”.

All races are issued from the African race by direct relationships and, the other continents were peopled from Africa at the Homo erectus stage, as well as the Homo sapiens stage, which appeared about 150,000 years ago.

It has been finally proven that, for a time period beginning 5 million years ago up until the glacial thaw (10,000 years ago), Africa almost unilaterally peopled and influenced the rest of the world.

Dr. Leakey, one of the world's most reputable paleo-anthropologist, in his serious work “Progress And Evolution Of Man In Africa”, reminds us that: “The critics of Africa forget that men of science are today satisfied that, Africa was the birthplace of man himself”. Human beings are Africa’s first contribution to humanity.

Advanced research and several studies in prehistory and paleo-anthropology have confirmed the similarities between the original founders of the pharaonic civilization (ancient Nubians, Ethiopians and Egyptians) and the modern day Africans.

Rawlinson concludes in “Origins Of Nations” that: “The authors of Genesis unites together as members of the same ethnic family the Egyptians, the Ethiopians, the Southern Arabians, and the primitive inhabitants of Babylon”.

According to many ancient testimonies, the inhabitants of Sudan, Egypt, Arabia, Palestine, Western Asia and India were Ethiopians, therefore Africans. Back in that era, there were two lands called Ethiopia. Sir Godfrey Higgins (Anacalypsis, vol.1) declared: “One on the east of the Red Sea, and the other on the west of it; and a very great nation of Blacks, from India, did rule almost over all Asia in a very remote era, in fact beyond the reach of history of any of our records”.

Herodotus who was initiated within the Ancient Egyptian mystery system declared that:” The uniform voice of primitive antiquity spoke of the Ethiopians as one single race, dwelling along the shores of the southern ocean, from India to the pillars of Hercules”. (Herodotus, vol.1 book I)

Greece: An Average Student of Ancient Egypt

Dr. Theophile Obenga, in this magisterial book "African Philosophy in World History" (Obenga,1998), successfully challenges and neutralizes the Hegelian philosophy of history, continuing in the footsteps of Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, his mentor. Hegel alienated the Caucasian mind by stating with ignorance that "Africa has no history". That mis-education of the Caucasians led to arrogance with an unfounded racial superiority belief system.

The seven liberal arts and sciences, which are grammar, rhetoric, logic, arithmetic, geometry, music and astronomy, come out of Africa. Therefore, to the Ancient Egyptians, and neither to the Greeks, nor to the Romans, are we indebted for the present body of human knowledge. Greece and Rome were average students in Ancient Egypt. Considered foreigners and childish, Greek students were unable to access a complete initiation and induction within the Ancient Egyptian Mystery System.

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Evidence from Physical Anthropology
The skeletons and skulls of the Ancient Egyptians clearly reflect they were Negroid people with features very similar to those of modern Black Nubians and other people of the Upper Nile and of East Africa.

2.Melanin Dosage Test
Egyptologist Cheikh Anta Diop invented a method for determining the level of melanin in the skin of human beings. When conducted on Egyptian mummies in the Museum of Man in Paris, this test indicated these remains were of Black people.

3.Osteological Evidence
"Lepsius canon," which distinguishes the bodily proportions of various racial groups categories the "ideal Egyptian" as "short-armed and of Negroid or Negrito physical type."

4.Evidence From Blood Types
Diop notes that even after hundreds of years of inter-mixture with foreign invaders, the blood type of modern Egyptians is the "same group B as the populations of western Africa on the Atlantic seaboard and not the A2 Group characteristic of the white race prior to any crossbreeding."

5.The Egyptians as They Saw Themselves
"The Egyptians had only one term to designate themselves =kmt= the Negroes (literally). This is the strongest term existing in the Pharaonic tongue to indicate blackness; it is accordingly written with a hieroglyph representing a length of wood charred at the end and not crocodile scales," singular. ‘Kmt’ from the adjective =kmt= black; it therefore means strictly Negroes or at the very least black men. The term is a collective noun which thus described the whole people of Pharaonic Egypt as a black people."

6.Divine Epithets
Diop demonstrates that "black or Negro" is the divine epithet invariably used for the chief beneficent Gods of Egypt, while the evil spirits were depicted as red.

Evidence From the Bible

The Bible states"…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking all Semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the Black."
8.Cultural unity of Egypt With The Rest of Africa
Through a study of circumcision and totemism. Diop gives detailed data showing cultural unity between Egypt and the rest of Africa.

9.Linguistic Unity With Southern and Western Africa
In a detailed study of languages, Diop clearly demonstrates that Ancient Egyptian, modern Coptic of Egypt and Walaf of West Africa are related, with the latter two having their origin in the former.

10.Testimony of Classical Greek and Roman Authors
Virtually all of the early Latin eyewitnesses described the Ancient Egyptians as Black skinned with wooly hair.

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:36 PM
It is almost impossible to understand the significance of many Old Testament events and themes apart from the geographical, cultural, and historical situation that existed during the Old Testament times. First of all, the name “Africa” was given to the Continent by Romans. Africa was also called Kemet, Libya, Ortegia, Corphye, Egypt, Ethiopia and/or Sedan, Olympia, Hesperia, Oceania, and Ta-Merry. The ancient name for Africa was “Akebu-Lan” (mother of mankind) or “Garden of Eden.”

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
This name was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Hadddans (Carthaginians), and Ethiopians. Genesis 10:6-20 describes the descendants of Ham as being located in North Africa, Central Africa and in parts of southern Asia. Psalm 105:23 mentions the "Land of Ham" in Egypt, and Psalm 78:51 connect the "tents of Ham" with Egypt. In Genesis 10, Nimrod, son of Cush (whose name means "black"), founded a civilization in Mesopotamia. In Genesis 11, Abraham was from Ur of the Chaldees, a land whose earliest inhabitants included blacks.

Ethiopia and Egypt are mentioned more than any other countries in the Bible. Ethiopia is known in the Bible as Cush. Egypt is known as Mizraim. Mizraim and Cush are two sons of Ham. Mizraim is translated--Egypt and Cush Ethiopia. Many readers of this website have contacted me to argue that Egypt is a land of White people. They write...I know your view is common among African American studies-types, but it doesn't seem to be borne out by historical record. The pharaohs and their priests were certainly not Black. Here goes faith vs. reasoning again. The Romans didn't get to Egypt until 300 BC. We are talking 6000 years before that. There weren't any white people present before the Rome invasion. The original Christianity of Egypt was established by the apostle Mark in AD 42 in Ethiopia (Coptic Church--Coptic Orthodox Christianity). We have been told Christianity came from Rome. Does everything come from Europe? That is what we have led to believe.

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Americans and Europeans assume that the Bible is about them, but the Bible is about my ancient ancestors and me…..Alex Darkwah

Modern-day Jews see the Bible as a record of their history because the King James Bible is centered on the history of Israel.

The Jewish people of Europe and America still carry African Tribal names. They carry the names of their ancestors who were Africans.

Statistically, the Lemba people from Southeast Africa are more Jewish than European Jews. In a particular Lemba Clan known as the Buba Clan, 53 percent of the males carry the unique DNA signature of Jewish priests. Males form the Lemba Tribe carry a higher incidence of the Jewish priestly DNA signature than the European and American Jewish population.

When the police have the fingerprints of a wanted man, they know the man whose prints match. The same thing can be said here.

The early Roman Catholic Church portrayed Jesus and his mother in the original Black images of the Jewish people at that time--The Black Madonna. What African tribe were they from?

The time period of the early Catholic Church is closer to the Jews leaving Africa and going to Europe than the Renaissance Painters who painted Jesus White.

What Europe did not count on was that Africans would still know their past.

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
This is almost as equally basic as understanding where the POLAR BEAR came from in the animal world

the POLAR BEAR is really not white but brown/black and has all that melanin to store/absorb the sun/heat to survive in that cold weather

same for the human version POLAR BEARS

3RDASYSTEM
05-08-2014, 07:55 PM
The world has been presented with a White Jesus from the Roman Empire when Augustus (31 BC – AD 14) was the royal leader. The Euro-centric Christian World knows nothing about the bona fide Judean Jesus from the Tribe of Judah (Ethiopians who spoke Aramaic). As Europe abounded, it provided the global world with a White Jesus as the Bible was being translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English. Plato and Socrates provided Christianity with philosophy and mystical thought of which they borrowed from the ancient Black Egyptians. Europeans pasted pictures of the blonde blue-eyed man and his disciples on the Bible end pages and inserts which lead the global world to believe in a White savior for soul salvation.

The Hebrew language belongs to the Afro-Asian language family. The Afrasian language family includes six groups, or branches: Cushitic, Egyptian, Omotic, Chadic (Hausa), Semitic, and Amazight (Berber). Even though a correction over earlier names, Afro-Asiatic is a misnomer because these languages are spoken nowhere in Asia unless carried there by religious conquest. The languages are actually Northeast African languages native to Africa from their southern origin in the Horn spreading westward to Nigeria and on to Morocco, eastward to Oman, and northward to Syria.

Some linguists speak of a proto-Semitic language as if it were ancestral to all Afro-Asian languages. Semitic was actually near the last to separate from the phylum roughly 6,000 years ago; whereas, Kushitic became distinct 10,000 years ago. This indicates that proto-Afro-Asiatic developed in the region of Ethiopia and Somalia and began splitting by at least 8,000 BCE. Quit letting them run a "history job" on the world and open your eyes wide.

amos1er
05-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Wow.