PDA

View Full Version : Warriors interested in Gundy

Stunner
05-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Mark Jackson appears to be on his way out of Golden State, since rumors have suggested he would be unlikely to return barring a long playoff run, and the Warriors find themselves out of the playoffs after the first round. Marc Stein of ESPN.com reiterates the team’s interest in Knicks target Steve Kerr, but the ESPN scribe believes Kerr is destined for New York, just as Fred Hoiberg, in whom the Warriors also hold interest, would be difficult to pry from Iowa State. That leaves the Warriors poised to make a run at former Heat and Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, Stein writes.

Van Gundy is still interested in coaching, but he’s primarily focused on spending time with his family, whom he says he’s given veto power over his decision to return to an NBA bench. He’s been linked to the Lakers, Timberwolves and Pistons of late, but he reportedly doesn’t want any of those jobs. The Pistons reached out to him recently, but talks apparently didn’t progress too far because he wanted some degree of control over player personnel. That kind of sway would probably be tough to come by in Golden State, where GM Bob Myers, adviser Jerry West and co-owner Joe Lacob all have varying levels of input into the team’s roster construction.

The divide between Jackson and Warriors management goes beyond the removal of former assistant coaches Brian Scalabrine and Darren Erman, Stein writes. The Warriors prefer someone whose personality is a better fit with the front office than Jackson’s is, according to Stein, who suggests that the team might put a premium on experience as it looks for its next coach.

The outspoken Van Gundy’s dry sense of humor scores points with media and in broadcasting, but his honesty can spark firestorms, such as when he told reporters that Dwight Howard wanted him out as coach of the Magic. Anyone other than Jackson would be a tough sell to the players, who’ve shown nearly universal support for their embattled coach. Still, Van Gundy and Howard have reconciled, and Van Gundy has never compiled a losing record in parts of eight seasons as an NBA head coach, so there’s reason to believe he’d be successful in Golden State.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/05/warriors-interested-gundy.html

ManRam
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
As they should....

COOLbeans
05-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Can someone tell me what the common denominator between Hoiberg, Vangundy and Kerr? I can't see a clear upgrade between those guys and Jackson.

These 3 guys are foreign to the Warriors organization, so the Warriors would be blind reaching with choosing one of those 3 over the proven and ingratiated Jackson.

Goose17
05-05-2014, 04:15 PM
1. Jackson isn't going anywhere if the front office want to keep the players on side.

"I love Coach more than anybody, and I think for him to be in a situation where his job is under scrutiny and under question is totally unfair," Curry said. "And it would definitely be a shock to me if anything like that were to happen.

"I'm going to voice my support for Coach."

2. Nowhere in that "article" does it say the Warriors are interested in Stan, it just says he's one of the few options left for them.

3. Jackson is a better coach, this would be an absolutely idiotic move. On top of that Stan doesn't show respect to his players, at all.

tredigs
05-05-2014, 04:35 PM
1. Jackson isn't going anywhere if the front office want to keep the players on side.

2. Nowhere in that "article" does it say the Warriors are interested in Stan, it just says he's one of the few options left for them.

3. Jackson is a better coach, this would be an absolutely idiotic move. On top of that Stan doesn't show respect to his players, at all.

1: Most of our guys are locked up, including Curry until before the 2018 season. They may do him the courtesy of letting him in on why they're making their decision, but I doubt they're overly concerned for his feelings on the matter at this point. There's plenty of time for a new coach to come in and make his mark on him and the team before free agencies hit.

2: Agreed, this is just one man's guess at what the Warriors front office might be thinking. Completely incorrect thread title.

3: I'd say we know very little about their talents as a coach as it relates to the ins and outs of the game and the myriad of other factors that go into running a team.

I will say that it is a very important aspect of coaching to have the players on your side - not something every team has by a long shot - and the management should tread lightly and thoughtfully in any decision they make here.

Beyond that, I won't pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes or how they should go about this decision.

Stunner
05-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I just copied the title from the link sue me

NYCkid12
05-05-2014, 05:01 PM

I am a huge Stan Van Gundy supporter and aside from the Dwight Howard saga, it seems he always had the respect of his players. Everything I heard from Orlando was that the players on the team loved Stan with the exception of Dwight.

That being said, I don't know how Stan's persoanlity would fit with this bunch of guys. He is the polar opposite of Marc Jackson. He demands effort on the defensive end and will get in guys face if he feels the need.

Goose17
05-05-2014, 05:12 PM
1: Most of our guys are locked up, including Curry until before the 2018 season. They may do him the courtesy of letting him in on why they're making their decision, but I doubt they're overly concerned for his feelings on the matter at this point. There's plenty of time for a new coach to come in and make his mark on him and the team before free agencies hit.

Yeah because that matters... why? Not concerned with his feelings on the matter? Better guess again, go see Dwight, Lowry, Chris Paul, Kobe etc, if a player wants a certain coach or doesn't like a certain coach, especially a player of that caliber, you bend over, take it up the arse and do whatever he tells you to do. Or you end up having to trade him.

And it's not just Curry, EVERY player is backing Mark Jackson, even Jarrett Jack and the mother****er doesn't even play here anymore.

3: I'd say we know very little about their talents as a coach as it relates to the ins and outs of the game and the myriad of other factors that go into running a team.

We've seen both coach. We know who's better. I don't know why you need to make it so complicated, what you said is the equivalent of saying you can't say if Lebron is better than Anthony Davis. We've seen both guys do their thing, we can see who is better.

That being said, I don't know how Stan's persoanlity would fit with this bunch of guys. He is the polar opposite of Marc Jackson. He demands effort on the defensive end and will get in guys face if he feels the need.

You know Warriors are a top 4 defensive team in the league right? You know Mark Jackson has some of the most stellar defensive sets in the game right now right? Defensive effort isn't an issue, it's offense that's the problem.

Zackthesack
05-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Mark Jackson is a ******, i hope hes fired. ***** the Warriors

asandhu23
05-05-2014, 06:40 PM

**** you.

ManningToTyree
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't understand why they want Jackson out

tredigs
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah because that matters... why? Not concerned with his feelings on the matter? Better guess again, go see Dwight, Lowry, Chris Paul, Kobe etc, if a player wants a certain coach or doesn't like a certain coach, especially a player of that caliber, you bend over, take it up the arse and do whatever he tells you to do. Or you end up having to trade him.

And it's not just Curry, EVERY player is backing Mark Jackson, even Jarrett Jack and the mother****er doesn't even play here anymore.

We've seen both coach. We know who's better. I don't know why you need to make it so complicated, what you said is the equivalent of saying you can't say if Lebron is better than Anthony Davis. We've seen both guys do their thing, we can see who is better.

You know Warriors are a top 4 defensive team in the league right? You know Mark Jackson has some of the most stellar defensive sets in the game right now right? Defensive effort isn't an issue, it's offense that's the problem.

If you think we've seen both truly coach, then all I can say is that it is blatantly clear that you have never coached (maybe never played, even?). There's a massive difference between watching a player actions on the court and knowing what a coach is doing behind the scenes and during practices (and there's far more to it than X's and O's). Beyond that, I highly doubt you watched the Magic on a daily basis during his tenure to even give an accurate fan's gauge of their situation, let alone whatever true work he put in.

I'm willing to bet Igoudala, Draymond and Bogut had far more to do with the Warriors defensive uptick than Mark Jackson. Look what happened when we lost Bogut in the post-season; worst defensive metrics of all playoff teams. I think the Warriors staff got them to buy in on that end and play some solid sets, but they were nothing without those 3 on the personnel.

Curry isn't the type of player to quit on the team or demand trades if a new coach is brought in, I'm all but sure of that. He might not be happy, and as I mentioned it's something they need to tread lightly on, but I just don't see Jackson as a dealbreaker one way or another.

Pretending to know what is going on in coaching/player dynamics and assorted management circles behind the scenes while sitting behind a computer is always foolish though, I can tell you that much.

beyourself
05-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Van Gundy is probably the better coach. Why not upgrade if you can?

Crackadalic
05-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't understand why they want Jackson out

Me neither

tredigs
05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Me neither

It's behind the scenes stuff. Everybody in management hates him for some reason.

COOLbeans
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
It's behind the scenes stuff. Everybody in management hates him for some reason.

Show me one source where it says Lacob and Myers hate Mark Jackson.

TrueFan420
05-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Their talking to the wrong Van Gundy

flea
05-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Jackson is kind of a mediocre coach. With the talent on that roster they should have gone further, and it's win-now for the Warriors. I know the Clips are a tough draw, but GS hadn't underperformed in season they could have faced a different opponent. Besides, this is a team with most of its core in their primes.

They're done making drastic moves, if you want to win you need some roster continuity and I think the roster is good enough to win it all. They need a better coach, and I think management realizes this.

MagicBucsSox
05-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Can someone tell me what the common denominator between Hoiberg, Vangundy and Kerr? I can't see a clear upgrade between those guys and Jackson.

These 3 guys are foreign to the Warriors organization, so the Warriors would be blind reaching with choosing one of those 3 over the proven and ingratiated Jackson.

Van Gundy has a high winning % and actually a top defensive coach. And they already have his specialty: the 3ball.

nastynice
05-05-2014, 08:13 PM
oh no, this would be terrible. I'm not necessarily a hardcore Mark Jackson supporter, but we took a title contending team to 7 without our starting center, and without our backup center at the end, and the main reason we lost was clearly because of our lack of presence in the middle. If we get a new coach, I'd like it to be a CLEAR upgrade, or else might as well stay with what we have. This is stupid.

nastynice
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM

whoa! ...my bad

Dade County
05-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Jackson is kind of a mediocre coach. With the talent on that roster they should have gone further, and it's win-now for the Warriors. I know the Clips are a tough draw, but GS hadn't underperformed in season they could have faced a different opponent. Besides, this is a team with most of its core in their primes.

They're done making drastic moves, if you want to win you need some roster continuity and I think the roster is good enough to win it all. They need a better coach, and I think management realizes this.

I don't believe so... They are talented, but not good enough to get pass OKC or the HEAT.

todu82
05-05-2014, 08:18 PM
I think I'd keep Jackson around for another year especially if the players all like him.

TrueFan420
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I think I'd keep Jackson around for another year especially if the players all like him.

Not a chance Jackson returns for a 1 year deal. It's either let him walk or most likely a 3-4 year deal.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2014, 10:10 PM
i just want to see stan coaching in the league again. he's always been entertaining and can coach.

AthletesForever
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Their talking to the wrong Van Gundy

Lol that would be kinda funny since they both worked together as analysts for ESPN.

JC_
05-05-2014, 10:26 PM

If anything I think they overachieved. There's not a lot of good choices for matchups in the West no matter what your season standings are. They ended up going 7 games against a team that has all the pieces to win. If they had Bogut it would probably be a different story but it wasn't Jacksons fault he got injured.

cssdmark
05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
If the problem is between West and Jackson I would tell West to take a hike. Jackson is a pretty damn good coach. Golden State does not want to win. I would spend my time trying to upgrade my roster instead of changing coaches.

LAKobeBryant
05-05-2014, 10:49 PM

i think because Mark isn't happy with the firing of his coaching staff?

tredigs
05-06-2014, 03:56 AM
Show me one source where it says Lacob and Myers hate Mark Jackson.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA May 3
Mark Jackson doesn't have one GSW front office ally who'll make a case to ownership to keep him. "He's on an island," league source says.

Lacob is the one he needs to plead to, and management is said to not have his back.

tredigs
05-06-2014, 03:58 AM
i think because Mark isn't happy with the firing of his coaching staff?

Pretty sure Mark is the one who ousted his coaching staff.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Pretending to know what is going on in coaching/player dynamics and assorted management circles behind the scenes while sitting behind a computer is always foolish though, I can tell you that much.

You're doing the exact same thing, giving all the credit on defense to the players, saying you know what Curry thinks on the matter, saying you know whether or not Jackson is a good coach. So don't give me that hypocritical B.S

If you think we've seen both truly coach, then all I can say is that it is blatantly clear that you have never coached (maybe never played, even?). There's a massive difference between watching a player actions on the court and knowing what a coach is doing behind the scenes and during practices (and there's far more to it than X's and O's). Beyond that, I highly doubt you watched the Magic on a daily basis during his tenure to even give an accurate fan's gauge of their situation, let alone whatever true work he put in.

1. Is Gregg Popovich a good coach? I can say he's the worst that ever lived right because we have no idea what he's doing behind the scenes because we're not directly involved with the team? lmfao, you're acting a fool. That's the biggest load of B.S I have ever seen, you can see coaches calling out certain plays, you can see the out of bounds plays they call, you can see the match ups and adjustments they make on the court, you can see the defensive sets they have employed, you can see if they get the best out of their role players, you can see how young guys develop under their tutelage (A la Draymond).

2. I watched a bunch of Orlando games, the rest of my family are Orlando and San Antonio fans, so trust me, I've seen a bunch.

3. I have never coached. But I have played.

4. Can't you make the same argument in favour of Jackson? smh...

Goose17
05-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Pretty sure Mark is the one who ousted his coaching staff.

Then I'm pretty sure you know nothing about the situation.

Erman was caught recording private conversations, he was fired by the front office because of the legal ramifications (what he did is VERY illegal in California). Jackson wanted to give him a second chance, but the front office was advised not to.

Scal shot himself in the foot by refusing to talk to ANY other coach for five weeks solid, sitting separately from them all in the plane and questioning every move Jackson makes (I don't care who Scal is, you're a third string assistant, step the **** down).

tredigs
05-06-2014, 04:44 AM
I have to question why you are so defensive and angry? I have no skin in this game. I could care less if Jackson stays or goes, I just want it to be the best decision for the team as a whole, and I'll hope that they come to that conclusion.

We know Pop is a great coach because legions of players, coaches and management personnel all agree on this matter. He is tried and true. In-game dynamics from things like timeout plays and offensive/defensive sets are what we get to see of coaching, and it is only a sliver of the pie. Beyond that, we don't know how much involvement various assistants have in those, specifically with such an inexperienced coach in Mark's case.

As for the rest of your drivel about me knowing what Curry thinks or how great of a coach Mark is or is not, well, obviously you aren't actually reading what I am writing. That's not what I am saying. You're emotional... step back and take a deep breath, then continue this talk tomorrow if you want. I'm passing out myself.

Goose17
05-06-2014, 05:00 AM
I have to question why you are so defensive and angry? I have no skin in this game. I could care less if Jackson stays or goes, I just want it to be the best decision for the team as a whole, and I'll hope that they come to that conclusion.

You could care less? The phrase you're looking for is I "couldn't" care less what you said means that you do care.

Well I do care. Jackson is the Warriors coach, he's led us to back to back playoffs, the players love him, I think he's been great for us. I want what is best for the team, and what's best for the team is Mark Jackson, there is no other coaches available that are better. There are people who are just as good, but nobody who is better. We can't replace him for the sake of replacing him, swapping like for like is meaningless.

We know Pop is a great coach because legions of players, coaches and management personnel all agree on this matter.

lol, so you don't form your own opinion? You just listen to what everyone else is saying? That's not how we know he's a great coach, we know he's a great coach because we can see it on the court (or most people who have played or coached can, most people who know the game).

In-game dynamics from things like timeout plays and offensive/defensive sets are what we get to see of coaching, and it is only a sliver of the pie. Beyond that, we don't know how much involvement various assistants have in those, specifically with such an inexperienced coach in Mark's case.

We don't know how much influence any assistant has on any coach. But you can't use one argument for one coach and use a different one for another.

What you are saying is absolute nonsense. Forget Jackson. **** Jackson for now, I'm not even on that right now. The fact that you are incapable of judging the ability of a coach from watching the way they coach the team and the way the team is impacted by their presence is staggering, you questioned if I ever played, but I have to question if you ever did, because in all honesty I've never met someone who knows the game that struggles so much with judging a coaches ability, that thinks it's some impossible feat that nobody can do unless you play for them.

Obviously we don't get the full picture, but we get enough that we could rank the 30 head coaches in the league right now and be relatively accurate.

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm sure if Jeff has anything to say about it, Stan won't be taking Mark Jackson's job.

JVG and Jackson is besties, going back to their time together with the Knicks, and into the broadcast booth. And JVG has expressed loyalty to other coaches be refusing to even entertain a job when there is already a coach in place, such as he did last season after Avery got fired and PJ took over. JVG wouldn't even talk about the Nets job because 'they had a coach'.

I'm not sure SVG feels the same way, but I'm sure JVG and SVG talk a lot, and I'm sure that SVG is close with Mark Jackson since he was an assistant under Riley when Jackson was with the Knicks. I realize coaches can't be to choosy, but I've seen a of classy loyalty come out of the VanGundy camp, and I doubt that SVG would takek Mark Jackson's job or even have a conversation with GSW's ownership while Jackson was still under contract.

SVG was forced out of Orlando by a player, so he knows how frustrating it can be when the people around you and in ownership aren't loyal to you. I'm not sure he would want to facilitate that kind of environment for another coach, but it is a dog eat dog world.

jp611
05-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Mark Jackson getting shown the door would be the best thing for the Warriors organization.

That team could be championship contenders with the right head coach, the talking cliche isn't the guy you want. Instead of drawing up X and O's he's over there "motivating" guys.

The one that had me laughing the other day was, "I wouldn't trade you guys for anyone"

The entire timeout was a cliche. There was zero X's and O's drawn up.

jp611
05-06-2014, 11:17 AM
You could care less? The phrase you're looking for is I "couldn't" care less what you said means that you do care.

Well I do care. Jackson is the Warriors coach, he's led us to back to back playoffs, the players love him, I think he's been great for us. I want what is best for the team, and what's best for the team is Mark Jackson, there is no other coaches available that are better. There are people who are just as good, but nobody who is better. We can't replace him for the sake of replacing him, swapping like for like is meaningless.

lol, so you don't form your own opinion? You just listen to what everyone else is saying? That's not how we know he's a great coach, we know he's a great coach because we can see it on the court (or most people who have played or coached can, most people who know the game).

We don't know how much influence any assistant has on any coach. But you can't use one argument for one coach and use a different one for another.

What you are saying is absolute nonsense. Forget Jackson. **** Jackson for now, I'm not even on that right now. The fact that you are incapable of judging the ability of a coach from watching the way they coach the team and the way the team is impacted by their presence is staggering, you questioned if I ever played, but I have to question if you ever did, because in all honesty I've never met someone who knows the game that struggles so much with judging a coaches ability, that thinks it's some impossible feat that nobody can do unless you play for them.

Obviously we don't get the full picture, but we get enough that we could rank the 30 head coaches in the league right now and be relatively accurate.

Silly silly silly.

The old "anyone who played the game knows" argument.

Sactown
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Mark Jackson getting shown the door would be the best thing for the Warriors organization.

That team could be championship contenders with the right head coach, the talking cliche isn't the guy you want. Instead of drawing up X and O's he's over there "motivating" guys.

The one that had me laughing the other day was, "I wouldn't trade you guys for anyone"

The entire timeout was a cliche. There was zero X's and O's drawn up.
Pretty sure he doesn't even draw up the plays, he has an assistant do the X and Os

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 11:48 AM
People in here judging Mark Jackson's Xs and Os ability don't know what they're talking about and probably don't know Mark Jackson played 18 years as a PG in the league. Jackson drew up many winning plays during the season.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 11:49 AM
It's ridiculous how people respond to threads in which they have no idea what they're talking about

flea
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
People in here judging Mark Jackson's Xs and Os ability don't know what they're talking about and probably don't know Mark Jackson played 18 years as a PG in the league. Jackson drew up many winning plays during the season.

All of what you said basically applies to Scott Brooks too. Being an ex-player doesn't make you good at X's and O's.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 11:58 AM
All of what you said basically applies to Scott Brooks too. Being an ex-player doesn't make you good at X's and O's.

It's a myth that Mark Jackson doesn't know his Xs and Os. He constantly calls audible plays and he draws plays up out of timeouts.

guys don't need to draw up plays if most of their plays are audibles.

slashsnake
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM

Isiah Thomas was one of the most cerebral guys I'd ever seen. Same with Kurt Rambis and Bill Cartwright. Guys who's mind kept them in roles where their talent wasn't worthy of the play they got.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Well, at least you guys are consistent (beans and goose). There's obviously an issue here and he won't be coach for the warriors very much longer and some of us refuse to see that. I don't agree with his substitutions at times and I don't believe he's a good X's and O's coach. I see way too many Iso's that kill momentum. The real issue is whats going to happen to chemistry when Jackson leaves. Curry will continue to play hard, but not so sure about guys like Iggy who made it known they wanted to play for Jackson. I don't know if I like SVG but they need a different coach to get them to a championship IMO.

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
It's a myth that Mark Jackson doesn't know his Xs and Os. He constantly calls audible plays and he draws plays up out of timeouts.

guys don't need to draw up plays if most of their plays are audibles.

Two things,
1. Just because he "knows" X's and O's doesn't mean they are applied in correct situations.
2. The fact that he audibly calls plays as opposed to writing them on a board is missing the point.

Knowing X's and O's is the wrong term. I feel like they miss opportunities out of the time out on set plays quite often. Yes they make some good ones, but most of the time it ends with curry jacking up a 3. (Which most of the time works). It seems to me like they're very predictable.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Well, at least you guys are consistent (beans and goose). There's obviously an issue here and he won't be coach for the warriors very much longer and some of us refuse to see that. I don't agree with his substitutions at times and I don't believe he's a good X's and O's coach. I see way too many Iso's that kill momentum. The real issue is whats going to happen to chemistry when Jackson leaves. Curry will continue to play hard, but not so sure about guys like Iggy who made it known they wanted to play for Jackson. I don't know if I like SVG but they need a different coach to get them to a championship IMO.

Mark Jackson runs a heavy PnR and isolation offense. By the time everyone realized Barnes wasn't good enough to run the 2nd string offense, it was too late to change the playbook. Isos work for teams that have players who can play isolation basketball, and before the season started, it was assumed that they could..

flea
05-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Mark Jackson runs a heavy PnR and isolation offense. By the time everyone realized Barnes wasn't good enough to run the 2nd string offense, it was too late to change the playbook. Isos work for teams that have players who can play isolation basketball, and before the season started, it was assumed that they could..

If Mark Jackson was counting on Harrison Barnes ISO to carry his bench unit then I think that is just more evidence of poor coaching decisions, not a failure on Barnes's part. In fact his entire refusal to mix units was perplexing for a team that's really good 1-7 and a whole lot of bad after that.

COOLbeans
05-06-2014, 02:10 PM
The coach mixed units all year. And Barnes underperformed, that's not an indictment on Jackson. The Warriors went ISO only during matchup situations that benefited the Warriors. They weren't doing it for their health or for the criticism.

TheNumber37
05-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Mark Jackson needs to coach the Jazz.

Stunner
05-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Mark Jackson needs to coach the Jazz.

They need that type of coach honestly more than the Warriors

PraiseJesus
05-06-2014, 02:20 PM
If im a GSW fan, im angry and disgusted with this development

Mark Jackson is a great coach wtf

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 02:28 PM
The coach mixed units all year. And Barnes underperformed, that's not an indictment on Jackson. The Warriors went ISO only during matchup situations that benefited the Warriors. They weren't doing it for their health or for the criticism.

I was hoping he'd be better this year, but he underperformed last year as well. He had one good series vs the Spurs in the playoffs thats about it. I think he might need a change of scenery since we have Iggy now. I like ball movement and open shots.

tredigs
05-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Apparently Jackson and Lacob's son (who is our assistant GM) also had a blowup recently and have no relationship now. Jackson's meeting with ownership right now and probably getting canned.

MonroeFAN
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
From the outside looking in, he appears to be a good coach.

:confused:

Triple_Ocho
05-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Warriors are making a huge mistake... Had Bogut been healthy they could've beaten the Clippers. Took their defense from 27th when he started to 3rd this season. I hope te Lakers pounce on that guy. He is a coach guys want to play for.

tredigs
05-06-2014, 02:40 PM
If he truly had balls and already had management against him, he should've bit the bullet and put D. Lee on our 2nd unit. That was the offense generator we could rely on rather than getting trampled on game in/out with our bench, and it allows Draymond to step in as the starting 4 to do what he does; wreak havoc.

Harrison in that role is simply foolish. He did not underperform, he performed as expected and simply did not "make a jump". There was 0 indication from his play that he could handle the offensive burden as a #1 for a 2nd unit, and it cost us a lot of games. We also lost a lot of games to 2nd rate teams this year, plenty of those at home, not something you'd expect from a well oiled team.

He seemed like a fine coach and a good rah rah guy for his players, but without knowing the details, still clearly very fallible. Hopefully if somebody new comes in, he can get consistent effort out of these guys.

Warriors are making a huge mistake... Had Bogut been healthy they could've beaten the Clippers. Took their defense from 27th when he started to 3rd this season. I hope te Lakers pounce on that guy. He is a coach guys want to play for.
Just coincidence that before he started we didn't have Bogut/Green/Igoudala/Thompson...

colgatekiller
05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
From the outside looking in, he appears to be a good coach.

:confused:

He is a good coach, something happened behind scenes that we'll find out soon. Players love him, but I think he has some deficiencies hold him back.

Stunner
05-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Lol so much for we don't know what were talking about