PDA

View Full Version : 5 game 7's and no upsets...did it kill your vibe?

QueensG_718
05-05-2014, 01:37 AM
For me it took a lot of the flair the first round had. Almost all game 7's weren't even close. Idk but I'm tired of seeing the same teams moving on over and over. How do you feel about it...

jerellh528
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
So far one of the best playoffs in recent memory.

Dade County
05-05-2014, 01:47 AM
For me it took a lot of the flair the first round had. Almost all game 7's weren't even close. Idk but I'm tired of seeing the same teams moving on over and over. How do you feel about it...

It didn't bother me at all.

All of the teams that won should have ended their series a while ago, excluding Portland.

Cal827
05-05-2014, 01:53 AM
ILLUMINATI EVERYWHERE! THE NBA, JAY-Z, DRAKE, and Donald Sterling put all this together in order to make sure that the more profitable teams advance, while exciting the fans of the teams that don't and gaining more coin... why would they make sure that Toronto got 4 home games?!

:D

Anyways, joking aside, not really. Sometimes, teams just have more legs than the others. Kinda why they are the higher seed.

San Antonio/Indiana were examples

OKC got over, due to the Randolph suspension, and the Grizz just looked beat.

GS/LAC and BRK/TOR were awesome final games.

The former 3 series mentioned were also great series (OKC/MEM had 4 OT games, Spurs/Mavs had close games and buzzer beaters)

I've loved these playoffs so far... Hell, Portland/Houston had 3 OT games and a series winning shot.

FriedTofuz
05-05-2014, 02:04 AM
I didnt know a team with home court advantage losing was apparently not an upset? Houston and toronto were the only home court teams which got eliminated.

P&GRealist
05-05-2014, 02:16 AM
As long as I saw Glen Davis' tittays, I was all in all satisfied with the first round. No complaints here!

Lakers + Giants
05-05-2014, 02:22 AM
They still got to game 7, honestly the best playoffs i can remember.

JC_
05-05-2014, 02:31 AM
I was hoping Golden State would move on because I like watching them but the Clips are a great team so either way it will be a good 2nd round against OKC. I think I'll thoroughly enjoy watching Miami beat up the Nets although it would have been nice to see the Raps make it to the 2nd round. Everything else was kind of dull at the end but the results should make for an exciting 2nd round.

slashsnake
05-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Hey it made it a lot more fun for me. I was cheering for a lot of underdogs since the Nuggets aren't in it. Would have loved to see the Spurs not make it (not sure why, I guess fatigue, the spurs are a team I think I should love with how they are run, how they play, etc, but just don't at all) but oh well. Best playoffs so far I think I have seen. They said this post-season already set a record for the most 3 point disparity games ever, and we haven't even hit the 2nd round yet. That is awesome.

mngopher35
05-05-2014, 02:48 AM
So far one of the best playoffs in recent memory.

They still got to game 7, honestly the best playoffs i can remember.

Agreed, it was a fantastic first round.

HouRealCoach
05-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm with you OP, I always go for the underdog... Atlanta & Memphis really let me down big. Warriors also let me down. It just made me happy that I didn't sit and watch any of the games. I was expecting hard fought defensive battles and didn't get that except for the Brooklyn/Toronto but I knew Brooklyn would win that

HouRealCoach
05-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I think 2006 was still the best to recent memory

Vincent33
05-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Absolutely not. This was a fantastic first round, maybe the most exhilarating ever. 5 out of the 8 series go to game 7 and even though WAS and MIA won their series pretty handily the WAS-CHI games were fun to watch and CHA gave MIA a tough battle despite being swept.(oh only if Big Al weren't hampered by that plantar fasciitis...might've stolen a game).

Can't wait for round two with those series looking like they could go long. SAS-POR, OKC-LAC, IND-WAS could all go 6-7 games easily and the Nyets did sweep the regular season series against the Heat...so they got that going for them which is nice.

JJ_JKidd
05-05-2014, 04:41 AM
"Experts" had the Raptors beating the Dinosaurs so idk what you call that?

blastmasta26
05-05-2014, 07:33 AM
I really wanted Toronto to complete their comeback and win, but I can't complain at all. This is the best first round I've ever watched.

ATX
05-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I was certainly pulling for a few upsets, but as usual in the playoffs, the better team wins a 7 game series. 2nd round should be even better.

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2014, 09:45 AM
It was fun but just imagine how much better it would be with the best 16 records in the playoffs. All the series would go at least 6

FYL_McVeezy
05-05-2014, 09:50 AM
The only upsets I had going into the weekend were the Nets and possibly ATL so no, it didn't kill my vibe. Helluva opening round!

Bob_at_york
05-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I didnt know a team with home court advantage losing was apparently not an upset? Houston and toronto were the only home court teams which got eliminated.

What about the Bulls?

PurpleLynch
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Wizards-Pacers
Heat-Nets
Thunders-Clippers
Spurs-Blazers

Sounds like an excellent 2nd round to me. And it originates from an amazing 1st round. I disagree with you,op. Also,Lakers and Celtics are out,so this playoffs are really different and so far extremely entertaining imo.

bleedprple&gold
05-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Given the fact that before the playoffs started we were only talking about 5 legitimate championship contenders (Heat, Pacers, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers) and saying parity is all but dead in the nba as a basketball fan you have to be pleased with how the first round turned out. Pretty much every underdog team had a chance except the Bobcats so no I'm not disappointed at all. The expected teams ended up prevailing but it was a dogfight to the end and I expect more of the same going forward.