PDA

View Full Version : Would the Warriors be better off with Monta Ellis?

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
if the Clippers don't match the Warrior's offer in 2011 for, Deandre Jordan, who the Warriors signed to a multi-year contract,

Monta Ellis would've never been traded for Andrew Bogut, and the Warriors would've won more games in 2011, losing their draft pick to Utah and ultimately losing out on Harrison Barnes.

If the Dubs signed Deandre Jordan, would they be better off if they'd kept Monta Ellis while also losing Harrison Barnes?

The potential lineup

Curry/Monta
Thompson/Ball handler
Iggy/ shooter
Lee/Green
Jordan/Ezeli

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Is Deandre Jordan and Monta Ellis a better duo for the current Warriors than Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut?

Goose17
05-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Jesus Christ... this isn't a serious thread. Tell me it's not. I mean... wow, just wow.

People have a short ****ing memory.

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Jesus Christ... this isn't a serious thread. Tell me it's not. I mean... wow, just wow.

People have a short ****ing memory.

Did you even read the op?

Goose17
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I am genuinely flabbergasted at this topic. I mean wow... WOW.

Goose17
05-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I just can't believe how short peoples memories are. I would have traded Monta for a bag of doritos and whatever scrub they wanted to dump on us to shed salary.

And I still would.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how good or bad a player is, it comes down to the team and do they fit. Ellis was just. I mean... come on. Seriously beans? SERIOUSLY?

Chronz
05-04-2014, 05:11 PM
It would never work simply because Monta never fully wanted it to. I dont buy the crap that he had to carry the load, when your that deficient in your ballhoggery, you should work to build/establish team chemistry with talented prospects. If Monta would be up for coming off the bench, that's a better team for sure. DJ sucked for 2 years tho, so you would have to deal with those growing pains and you're not contending until today anyways.

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Look, I was a main poster jumping for joy when the trade was made for Bogut, but Monta has improved under a good coach like Carlisle and I honestly think he'd be even better under coach Jackson.

IF Deandre Jordan is on this team (he doesn't tend to get hurt a lot and is a powerful low post defender and shot blocker) then the logic that Monta's flaws outweigh his benefits on offense is most likely inaccurate

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:18 PM
It would never work simply because Monta never fully wanted it to. I dont buy the crap that he had to carry the load, when your that deficient in your ballhoggery, you should work to build/establish team chemistry with talented prospects. If Monta would be up for coming off the bench, that's a better team for sure. DJ sucked for 2 years tho, so you would have to deal with those growing pains and you're not contending until today anyways.

Bogut didn't play for his entire first season with the Warriors and he stayed injured in his 2nd year. And when we needed him the most in 2014, dude's no where to be seen. Based off what I've seen from Jordan this year and last, I don't think the Warriors would've been worse with Jordan and Ellis and no Bogut.

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Ellis wouldn't have a case for starting over Klay Thompson

Goose17
05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I can't believe you beans. I thought you were cool.

And the reason he absolutely HAD to be moved was because of the fact that Jackson wanted to change the team to defense first and Montas attitude on that side was awful. It never would have worked.

As for Bogut. Without him we wouldn't have beaten Denver last year.

Short. ****ing. Memory.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
If they had Ellis I don't think they'd have the cap room for Iguodala.

Goose17
05-04-2014, 05:29 PM
What about Jordan? No reason to think he would have developed this well. Jordan, like Griffin owes a lot of their improvements to Doc.

GiantsSwaGG
05-04-2014, 05:40 PM
:laugh: is pretty much I can do in this thread

PraiseJesus
05-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Curry didnt step up when he needed to. I knew that would happen

Still..... Monta was toxic for that team. Once he left the Warriors became a good team

mngopher35
05-04-2014, 05:48 PM

This was my first thought as well

kingsdelez24
05-04-2014, 05:57 PM

This was my first thought as well

Ellis was an expiring at the same time...

NoahH
05-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Monta was a cancer for the team and he stunted Steph Curry's growth. If they kept monta and got deandre then i dont think they wouldve got iggy.

I think the Warriors are much better w/o monta

sf-fanatic
05-04-2014, 06:02 PM

Still..... Monta was toxic for that team. Once he left the Warriors became a good team

So Kyrie Irving is better than Curry again right ?

COOLbeans
05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
The Warriors could've made the trade for Igoudala despite re-signing Monta Ellis.

naps
05-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Shut up. If they kept Monta, Steph Curry would have never blossomed to be the player he is today. Trading Monta was the best decision Warriors made in a long long time.

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Trading Monta was the best thing the warriors did. It helped both Thompson and curry grow.

Curry and Ellis aren't good defensively and they're small guards too. This is the problem we have in dallas right now.

benzni
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
lol

PraiseJesus
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
So Kyrie Irving is better than Curry again right ?

Kyrie would of won game 7 yes

It's no coincidence that Curry and Dwight both lost game 7

Dwight has no killer instinct and has next to zero chance of developing it

Curry, on the otherhand, I think he can develop it. Just right now its looking a few years off

beyourself
05-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Seriously what's up with the Monta crap all the time here?

I've never seen an average or slightly above average starter ever have so many fans. They're everywhere. The guy literally has threads started about him on a consistent basis.

Chronz
05-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Bogut didn't play for his entire first season with the Warriors and he stayed injured in his 2nd year. And when we needed him the most in 2014, dude's no where to be seen. Based off what I've seen from Jordan this year and last, I don't think the Warriors would've been worse with Jordan and Ellis and no Bogut.
Him not playing was a good thing IMO. That was a throw away season meant solely to provide a shift in philosophy (from Monta to Curry). That developmental season netted you guys a pretty decent prospect in the draft and he played a big role in you guys advancing when Lee was out.

Dont really know what you saw but Bogut was certainly the far better player last year. This year, things are obviously different given the injury. I've given my thoughts on Monta, if he accepts his role off the bench and learns to play off of Curry, it would be a better team.

Greet
05-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Him not playing was a good thing IMO. That was a throw away season meant solely to provide a shift in philosophy (from Monta to Curry). That developmental season netted you guys a pretty decent prospect in the draft and he played a big role in you guys advancing when Lee was out.

Dont really know what you saw but Bogut was certainly the far better player last year. This year, things are obviously different given the injury. I've given my thoughts on Monta, if he accepts his role off the bench and learns to play off of Curry, it would be a better team.

Do you think the Warriors are a team built for the playoffs? I just don't think so.

I would challenge you to find me a team in the past that has either made or won the finals while relying as much as the Warriors do on the outside shot, or jump shot in general.

Even with the recent barrage of teams leaning towards the 3-pt shot, you still see most teams play inside to get outside. I just don't think the Curry-Thompson combo is something that will win you a championship, unless you play through the bigs.

Greet
05-05-2014, 01:34 AM

Curry, on the otherhand, I think he can develop it. Just right now its looking a few years off

Dwight lost game 6... and in that game Dwight had 26 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks while shooting 55%. Dwight Howard had an AMAZING series. I would put the loss on Harden over anybody.

Goose17
05-05-2014, 11:59 AM

Care to elaborate? 33 points, 9 assists and 3 steals in an elimination game... people don't step up much more than that. You realise we were less than 2 minutes away from winning that series right?

I'm guessing you didn't actually watch the game.

blastmasta26
05-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Curry and Dwight both played very well in their respective game 7's. Curry is better than Kyrie offensively, and neither one is a strong defender. Kyrie has no playoff experience, nor has he even been part of a winning team, so to say he would've done better is baseless speculation.

hugepatsfan
05-05-2014, 04:12 PM
They would have traded Monta for someone else if they got Jordan. He didn't fit with their team.