PDA

View Full Version : Per Source: "Rockets to retain coach Kevin McHale for 2014 -15" - David Aldridge

KniCks4LiFe
05-04-2014, 03:41 AM
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
Brutal last-second loss to Portland will not cost Kevin McHale his job, per source. Rockets will bring McHale back for 2014-15.

welp...

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Lin has gotta go. And get some value for Asik please.

Ebbs
05-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Lin has gotta go. And get some value for Asik please.

McHale deserves the boot

goingfor28
05-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Wow

waveycrockett
05-04-2014, 09:52 AM
He's not a bad coach but the Rockets need a coach who will bring toughness and have them playing defense. Mark Jackson comes to mind but Morey likely prefers a puppet.

North Yorker
05-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Never thought high of him as a coach. I'd be pissed if I was a Houston fan.

Crackadalic
05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
O boy smh

FlakeyFool
05-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Hes pretty bad

Verbal Christ
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
They're only keeping in hopes he can lure Kevin Love to the team.

KnicksorBust
05-04-2014, 12:51 PM
The same people calling for McHale's head are the same people that would have stupidly fired Doc in Boston in 07 or Spo in 2011.

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 12:55 PM
They're only keeping in hopes he can lure Kevin Love to the team.

Kevin Love is Laker bound. Dwight already takes up the entire paint, leaving no room for Love. Love will be relegated to a super stretch 4 with barely any touches down low.

Let's not forget that Dwight has this inferiority complex whenever he plays with another stellar big. He wants that paint to himself.

Bruno
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
i think giving McHale one more year to figure it out is reasonable. what they need is a legitimate PF. they have to figure something out for Lin and that Omer.

IndyRealist
05-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Kevin McHale is a placeholder for Chris Finch (currently an assistant coach). The organization is extremely high on Finch and they wanted him to get a couple of years as an assistant before taking over as head coach. It's why Rick Alderman left Houston, because he didn't want the guy gunning for his job sitting right next to him.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Kevin Love is Laker bound. Dwight already takes up the entire paint, leaving no room for Love. Love will be relegated to a super stretch 4 with barely any touches down low.

Let's not forget that Dwight has this inferiority complex whenever he plays with another stellar big. He wants that paint to himself.

You mean the same way that you people said "Dwight would never leave LA" LOL

Last time I checked Love was a great 3 point shooter who could board with the best of them. Not strictly a low post presence.

You can resume you're trolling now.

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2014, 01:33 PM
They need to bring my man Stan Van Gundy in to coach.

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 01:36 PM
You mean the same way that you people said "Dwight would never leave LA" LOL

Last time I checked Love was a great 3 point shooter who could board with the best of them. Not strictly a low post presence.

You can resume you're trolling now.
So now Love can going to be relegated to chucking up 10 3's a game like Harden?

The guy can pass out of the post, he's basically a point guard out of the post (much like Pau) and can set up teammates, find cutters, shooters etc. You make Love camp out to the 3 pt line just to give the paint to Clark Kent? You essentially loose the effectiveness and overall play of a guy like Kevin Love. When it comes to the post, KLOve has to be your focal point guy. It's as simple as that.

Don't think any big man would want to play with Dwight. We saw how Pau was basically ineffective last yr when Dwight would demand the ball in the post, only to be stripped of the ball every time down the floor. We all saw how the moment Dwight signed with Houston, Omer Asik demanded a trade. No big man wants to play with or play behind Dwight. It's as simple as that.

Greg.
05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
This combined with the report that it's unlikely we trade Lin or Asik makes me pretty pessimistic for next season. No pg, no pf, no coach, not much of a bench

L8kers4life
05-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I swear, you can not say anything that remotely means the Rockets will not end up the player they want. In The last 3 days, the Rockets are getting, Melo, Kevin Love, they will easily trade Asik and Lin. If you disagree with any Rockets fan your a troll. What the neck has happened to you guys, I feel like it is impossible to disagree with Rocket fan.

L8kers4life
05-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Except for the Rockets fan Greg, every other Rockets fan it going way over board. Its also funny that the biggest Rockets fan Mightybosstone has not been on since they lost.

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 02:07 PM
I swear, you can not say anything that remotely means the Rockets will not end up the player they want. In The last 3 days, the Rockets are getting, Melo, Kevin Love, they will easily trade Asik and Lin. If you disagree with any Rockets fan your a troll. What the neck has happened to you guys, I feel like it is impossible to disagree with Rocket fan.

Don't you know? Anything is possible with Morey's analytical computer and excel spreadsheet.

Method28
05-04-2014, 02:31 PM
I believe Vinny Del Negro is available

houstonfan
05-04-2014, 02:33 PM
We are so screwed..

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 02:36 PM
I believe Vinny Del Negro is available

As is Mike D'Antoni.

Who wouldn't want to see D'Antoni and Dwight reunited. :)

KnicksorBust
05-04-2014, 02:49 PM
One of the biggest lessons in professional basketball is that the overwhelming majority of team success is achieved through continuity. The same coach/players gelling together over time. Firing a 50 win coach after a heart-breaking fluke loss in the 1st round would be a bad idea in the short term and possibly long term as well.

mngopher35
05-04-2014, 03:07 PM

The guy can pass out of the post, he's basically a point guard out of the post (much like Pau) and can set up teammates, find cutters, shooters etc. You make Love camp out to the 3 pt line just to give the paint to Clark Kent? You essentially loose the effectiveness and overall play of a guy like Kevin Love. When it comes to the post, KLOve has to be your focal point guy. It's as simple as that.

Don't think any big man would want to play with Dwight. We saw how Pau was basically ineffective last yr when Dwight would demand the ball in the post, only to be stripped of the ball every time down the floor. We all saw how the moment Dwight signed with Houston, Omer Asik demanded a trade. No big man wants to play with or play behind Dwight. It's as simple as that.

Not that I want K-love to go anywhere but your reasoning is way off. Currently the wolves have had Pekovic as our center and Love somehow finds a way to operate all over the court. I don't think having a more athletic big with the same range would hinder him at all really.

Edit: To be honest I have wanted to pair the two for a long time. A center like Dwight is a near perfect fit for love.

mngopher35
05-04-2014, 03:09 PM

This post is very funny coming from a laker fan. I don't mean to be rude but you could literally switch in Lakers every time you put rockets and it would be what psd is usually like.

still1ballin
05-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Good news.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2014, 03:13 PM

How exactly is it chucking if you make 40%+ from beyond the arc? Harden a chucker? no argument here, he is like 30% from the line. If this team intends to continue the philosophy of 3's and layups then they need to address the lack of competent 3 point shooters.

Simple as what? You didn't even make a point other than to state the obvious that Love is a good passing big, who has a good post game, while at the same time deflecting his outside shooting ability.

Dwight hated his time in LA, he was not inspired, was Kobe's second fiddle and it just was a bad move by both parties. Is it that hard to see? Why must most LA fans continue the pathetic spectacle that is "I hate Howard because he left my beloved team'? Did you not see how Dwight was playing in these playoffs? He had a great year for Houston adjusting to a new system and players. I only see a purely subjective viewpoint in your argument and propaganda .... legitimize your claim that no one wants to play with Dwight, or just say its your opinion because I would venture to say that plenty of great players would like to play on his team. He's a fun loving guy, not a prima donna and he wants to win, on top of that he is the pre-eminent big man in the game. Omer Asik came to this team because he wanted to start, therefore the request for a trade, not because of some made up agenda by a forums biggest troll.

Oh, and by the way Pau is no Love. He owes everything he is to Kobe, simple as that.

Avenged
05-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Reasonable. Only ones asking for him to be fired are the ones who thought they were champion contenders. Next season should be better for them.

east fb knicks
05-04-2014, 04:33 PM
the rox will be fine pat was injured and they have a draft pick to address their needs they are only one role player away from being elite