PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder and Pacers winning = ruins what would have been a great NBA playoffs....

bootleg42
05-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Bottom line, I'm not a fan of the same old teams making it over and over again. I wanted to see the Grizzles and Hawks advance. Needless to say, I want the Mavericks to win.

But upsets would make the NBA way better.

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I'd hate to see Atlanta or the Grizzlies make the 2nd round and get swept. I like new teams, but it isn't like Indiana and the Pacers are anywhere near like having the Lakers and Celtics winning series'...

I was cheering for all the underdogs though. I usually do in those situations.

EL_MACHETE
05-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Go Okc!

jerellh528
05-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Nah, it's better in the long run. Better for business and better for matchups. Indiana, and Okc are realistically capable of goin all the way.

JC_
05-03-2014, 11:32 PM
They are both teams that are capable of getting further into the playoffs so the 2nd round will be more exciting with them in it imo.

kdspurman
05-03-2014, 11:41 PM
The Grizz were just in the WCF last a year fwiw. the league suspending Z-Bo obviously made their chances much tougher to advance this year.

And if Horford doesn't get injured, Atlanta is likely a team playing with HCA in the playoffs. Hard to win big games with you're best player out.

TheMightyHumph
05-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Bottom line, I'm not a fan of the same old teams making it over and over again. I wanted to see the Grizzles and Hawks advance. Needless to say, I want the Mavericks to win.

Damned shame, isn't it? If only there was a way that the NBA could fix games.

LTBaByyy
05-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Don't worry Mavs got you covered!

TheMightyHumph
05-04-2014, 01:49 AM

Which way is the fix going?

koreancabbage
05-04-2014, 02:34 AM
it would have been nice to see some upsets. people always cheer for the underdog.

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 02:45 AM
it would have been nice to see some upsets. people always cheer for the underdog.

DAL-SAS is still a possibility tomorrow night.

Gibby
05-04-2014, 03:51 AM
Maybe, maybe not. I'd hate to see Atlanta or the Grizzlies make the 2nd round and get swept. I like new teams, but it isn't like Indiana and the Pacers are anywhere near like having the Lakers and Celtics winning series'...

I was cheering for all the underdogs though. I usually do in those situations.

I agree with you 100%. I was cheering for the underdogs but there was no way Atlanta had a chance against Washington. The 2nd round will be better because of these results.

Gibby
05-04-2014, 03:56 AM

I am cheering for you guys. Go VC and Jose!

bootleg42
05-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Well hate to bump, but it looks like it'll be Pacers/Heat in the East, and Thunder/Spurs in the West (the refs won't let Durant miss the conference finals...).

Snooze. I would have loved to have seen the Grizzles here (suspending Randolph, but not George???.....typical NBA). I would have loved to have seen UPSETS. This is why the NBA is kind of stale.

The 2011 finals were great, because no one saw the Mavericks go all the way before those playoffs. But since then......zzZzzzZzZzz.....wake me up in September when baseball is ending, and football is starting.

kobe4thewinbang
05-13-2014, 01:10 AM

But upsets would make the NBA way better.What? You say you don't want OKC or INDY to win...but you're against the same old teams winning?

:eyebrow:

kobe4thewinbang
05-13-2014, 01:11 AM
The 2011 finals were great, because no one saw the Mavericks go all the way before those playoffs.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_Finals

Method28
05-13-2014, 01:20 AM

But upsets would make the NBA way better.What? You say you don't want OKC or INDY to win...but you're against the same old teams winning?

:eyebrow:

My guess is he means it would be the number 1 and 2 in both conferences. I agree....they should force the Clips to win it all. They're the 3 seed. :D

2-ONE-5
05-13-2014, 09:55 AM
since when are the PAcers one of those same old teams who keep winning?

gbrl
05-13-2014, 01:23 PM
so you wanted the only team in the east with a chance to beat the heat be upset in the first because you're tired of the same teams winning?

ManRam
05-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Couldn't disagree any more.

KnicksorBust
05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Yeah it's so annoying when the really good teams that have legit year to year rivalries make it far in the playoffs and go at it. Oh no wait... that's awesome.

Bruno
05-13-2014, 05:42 PM

why would you want to see a Hawks team that would have finished 11th in the western conference advance to the second round. Miami SA were just in the finals last year, why not be sick of them?

I'm all for upsets and the Randloph suspension was total BS but I think Memphis was done regardless because of the Conley injury.

youngbey
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
even if hawks wins they aren't getting past heat so whats the point if they eventually going to lose. as for the grizzlies once conely went down they weren't going to get anywhere.

Miltstar
05-14-2014, 07:33 AM
People in Atlanta dont even want to watch the Hawks! Not sure why the rest of us would! Although the same can be said for Indiana

bootleg42
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Remember how I said earlier in this thread that the league would do whatever it takes to make sure the Thunder make it????..........

Again, from the beginning of the season, we all knew it was going to be Spurs/Thunder in the West, and Heat/Pacers in the East..............and long and behold, it is exactly that.

This is why the NBA is getting boring to me. Same old "hit with the 's' in the beginning". Granted a Spurs/Heat rematch would be a close series (again), but I would have loved something new. When the Knicks made that 1999 run as the 8th seed.....that was exciting.

I wanted to at least see one team in the final four that most of us here wouldn't have expected. Now I'm not going to watch these playoffs.

zzZzzZZzZzZZZzZZzz

mightybosstone
05-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Remember how I said earlier in this thread that the league would do whatever it takes to make sure the Thunder make it????..........

Again, from the beginning of the season, we all knew it was going to be Spurs/Thunder in the West, and Heat/Pacers in the East..............and long and behold, it is exactly that.

This is why the NBA is getting boring to me. Same old "hit with the 's' in the beginning". Granted a Spurs/Heat rematch would be a close series (again), but I would have loved something new. When the Knicks made that 1999 run as the 8th seed.....that was exciting.

I wanted to at least see one team in the final four that most of us here wouldn't have expected. Now I'm not going to watch these playoffs.

zzZzzZZzZzZZZzZZzz

Then don't watch them. The NBA will not miss you, and no one will care. The rest of the NBA's fans, those of us who enjoy watching the best teams play good basketball when it matters most, will enjoy watching great teams and great players playing in huge rivalry games. That's what has made the NBA so great over the last 30 years.

What you want is the Cinderella story. But this isn't the NCAA tournament where you only have to beat a better team one time. You have to do it four times in a seven-game stretch. That's why the better, higher-seeded team usually advances in the NBA playoffs. Also, the Thunder/Clippers series is far from over, so I fail to see why you're referring to it as a foregone conclusion.