PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Still Doesn't Get It: "I wish I had just paid her off."

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 11:15 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24549134/donald-sterling-on-v-stiviano-i-wish-i-had-just-paid-her-off

Though the article does say he 'expresses remorse', it is interesting that Sterling's wish is that he had 'just paid her off' and NOT 'I wish I had never said those things'. He seems to think that what he had said was fine, but the issue was more that he wasn't smart enough to pay her off.

If I was of two minds before, I am no longer. This guy should NOT be an owner.

Even in hindsight he feels like he should have done a better job of covering his tracks, and NOT adjusting his behaviour.

effen5
05-03-2014, 11:19 AM
At least he's sticking to his guns.

P&GRealist
05-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Atta boy Donnie

FriedTofuz
05-03-2014, 12:27 PM
He's an 80 year old grown up through the wrong norms, he thinks black people are inferior and slaves to him which is why he says stupidity like " I feed them, put clothes on their backs" ****ing ignorance, wake up and remember the society tht you presently live in. That old fart is clueless if he thought she ever liked him.

FlashBolt
05-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Read what Kareem had to say. It's pretty evident that Sterling isn't there mentally and though he did say those things, the mistress fricking shoved it down his throat.

Kyben36
05-03-2014, 12:42 PM
its a free country and he has the right to beleive whatever he wants, if thats that Washingmachines are his lover or Blacks are inferior. he is just saying that this is all because of this stupid ****ing recording, which is rediculous, he has evidence against him but this single recording causes this much damage, this is a joke and a representation of what america has come to.

the guy showed he was more racist than his words through the early 2000s when his building would not rent to certain races, but nobody gives a **** about this, just the words out of his mouth. ****ing BS america. how can his words be that influential on your life that you give a **** about this. this is another thing wrong with america, people dont give a **** about whats going on in Venesuela, but Donald sterling, a nobody, being racist, bothers you.

All he was saying is, that this is soo absurd and cause him so much pain because his ex lover was an idiot, she even said she wished she had not done it.

Kyben36
05-03-2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/04/donald_sterling_s_racist_history_the_l_a_clippers_ owner_hurt_more_minorities.html

Crackadalic
05-03-2014, 12:52 PM
All I know is the gold digging whore single handily save the clippers franchise and she's a regular chick you find in the club. Side chicks are winning unfortunately

HYFR
05-03-2014, 12:54 PM
He is trying to make it seem like it was a blackmail thing.. Listen this guy is a scumbag but he isn't dumb.. He knows his way around a court room

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 12:58 PM
He gets it. He totally gets it. He got blackmailed, told her to **** off, and then she released the tapes. She played him and now he wishes he would have paid because he didn't figure this would he THAT big of a deal.

It's one thing when you screw over poor minorities out of housing. It's another when you tell your whore you don't want her bringing rich black guys to games. Poor people don't buy NBA tickets and it's pretty disgusting that words caused all this and not his actions.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Just want to say, all of you guys referring to her as a 'whore' need to grow the fawk up. You are talking like a bunch of misogynist @$$holes, which is frankly equally as bad as Sterling racism.

And anybody who doesn't understand why using the word 'whore' in this instance is wrong, there is no sense into responding to me and asking me to explain or defending your use of the word. You simply will not understand or you will willfully be ignorant to why it is wrong.

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM
She gave sex for money. She's a whore. Learn something.

COOLbeans
05-03-2014, 02:12 PM
And you know she gave sex for money how?

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 02:19 PM
definition of a whore

whore [hawr, hohr or, often, hoor] Show IPA
noun
a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whore

The assumption that it has to be for money only proves peoples ignorance...

Based on the public reports of her activities and the discussions on the tapes... it's pretty self evident that she fits the definition of a whore

BALLER R
05-03-2014, 02:20 PM
She said she loved him like a father figure. So that's kind of disturbing.

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
And you know she gave sex for money how?

Really? $1.8 condo. Ferrari. 2 Bentleys. Range Rover.

You're right, though. I didn't see her sucking or ****ing him. Must have been all on the up and up.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 04:19 PM
definition of a whore

noun
a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

Based on the public reports of her activities and the discussions on the tapes... it's pretty self evident that she fits the definition of a whore

Public reports of her activities? You don't know what her sex life entails.

What is evident is that YOUR words fit the definition of presumptuous misogynist.

Also, try sing the Oxford English Dictionary definition and not some cheap internet definition.

You also have to define 'promiscuous'. In this day and age what was once considered promiscuous is no longer.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Public reports of her activities? You don't know what her sex life entails.

What is evident is that YOUR words fit the definition of presumptuous misogynist.

the tapes is all you need ... her and DS openly discuss her ****ing guys

oh edit... you are a PC bore

keep entertaining us though

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 04:25 PM
She gave sex for money. She's a whore. Learn something.

Let me explain this to you once, and tell you in advance that if you don't understand it, you are a moron.

First, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT SHE HAD SEX FOR MONEY. PERIOD.

Second. I didn't say the word did or did not fit the definition of her behaviour. Neither YOU , nor I no what her sex life is like, so neither of us can say that. What I was that the use of the word 'whore' was misogynist.

Let me draw you a parallel example: I could, if I was a racist b@stard, just as easily give you the definition of the 'n-word' or any host of pejorative racial slurs and THEN say that somebody who fits that definition is therefore an example of that derogatory word and say it's ok to call them that because they fit the definition. THAT, however, would make me an ignorant racist, which I am not, therefore I would not do that.

YOU just gave me the definition of a sex-trade worker then used the word 'whore' to describe them. Can you use that word? YES! Does it make you a misogynist? YES!

No please, get the fawk out of 4th grade and speak to the issue of Sterling being an unapologetic racist and NOT the sex life of a woman who witnessed his racist rhetoric.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
the tapes is all you need ... her and DS openly discuss her ****ing guys

oh edit... you are a PC bore

keep entertaining us though

Do you not know what words mean? You say I am a PC bore and then say I am entertaining? Boring and entertaining are opposites.

You REALLY need a lesson in English. You keep demonstrating a complete and utter failure to grasp the languge and its grammatical rules.

And if being respectful to women makes me a PC bore, than I'd rather be that then a misogynist piece of $#!T like some people around here.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Do you not know what words mean? You say I am a PC bore and then say I am entertaining? Boring and entertaining are opposites.

You REALLY need a lesson in English. You keep demonstrating a complete and utter failure to grasp the languge and its grammatical rules.

keep entertaining us

As for the mods... this guy has called people names throughout this thread yet never gets reprimanded... good to see the good old PSD double standard on discipline in full effect

Qwertys
05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Let me explain this to you once, and tell you in advance that if you don't understand it, you are a moron.

Second. I didn't say the word did or did not fit the definition of her behaviour. Neither YOU , nor I no what her sex life is like, so neither of us can say that. What I was that the use of the word 'whore' was misogynist.

Let me draw you a parallel example: I could, if I was a racist b@stard, just as easily give you the definition of the 'n-word' or any host of pejorative racial slurs and THEN say that somebody who fits that definition is therefore an example of that derogatory word and say it's ok to call them that because they fit the definition. THAT, however, would make me an ignorant racist, which I am not, therefore I would not do that.

YOU just gave me the definition of a sex-trade worker then used the word 'whore' to describe them. Can you use that word? YES! Does it make you a misogynist? YES!

No please, get the fawk out of 4th grade and speak to the issue of Sterling being an unapologetic racist and NOT the sex life of a woman who witnessed his racist rhetoric.

So then why would he buy her all that ****? Do you honestly think she would have went near him had he been a broke old man. Get real It's pretty obvious that she's a gold digging whore. As far as I'm concerned **** her privacy, she released these tapes and now she's gonna gave to face a lot of scrutiny and deservedly so.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 04:36 PM
So then why would he buy her all that ****? Do you honestly think she would have went near him had he been a broke old man. Get real It's pretty obvious that she's a gold digging whore. As far as I'm concerned **** her privacy, she released these tapes and now she's gonna gave to face a lot of scrutiny and deservedly so.

cmon man don't use logic its a JJH thread

OP is obviously upset that another one of his threads has bored people to death and not gone the way he wanted.

amos1er
05-03-2014, 04:46 PM
definition of a whore

noun

Haha yup. Agree 100%.

amos1er
05-03-2014, 04:50 PM
keep entertaining us

As for the mods... this guy has called people names throughout this thread yet never gets reprimanded... good to see the good old PSD double standard on discipline in full effect

Mods are infallible don't you know. They don't even have to give a legit reason for an infraction. Nor do they even have to refer to the rules and regulations when they site you for an infraction. I shouldn't be saying this of course because I will now be a target.

abe_froman
05-03-2014, 04:52 PM

of course she did.

....but on that note.i know we are all guys here,but i dont get the double standard displayed.he being a sugar daddy/basically a john=ok/good;her being a gold digger/whore=bad.,but they both are just using what they got to get what they want.seems like both are equally in the right/wrong in the relationship,however you want to look at it.

amos1er
05-03-2014, 04:52 PM
She is more of a gold digger than a whore. Though the two go hand and hand. She was dating an 81 year old racist for crying out loud. She was half black. She clearly wasn't in it for love. Lol.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
of course she did.

....but on that note ,i dont get the double standard displayed here.he being a sugar daddy=ok/good;her being a gold digger/whore=bad.i get we are all guys here ,but they both are just using what they got to get what they want.seems like both are equally in the right/wrong in the relationship,however you want to look at it.

I don't see anyone defending Sterling .... the OP just wants to insist she isn't a whore and that those that think she is are as horrible as DTS being a racist

Just want to say, all of you guys referring to her as a 'whore' need to grow the fawk up. You are talking like a bunch of misogynist @$$holes, which is frankly equally as bad as Sterling racism.

It is obvious this thread hasn't gone as planned by the OP

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Mods are infallible don't you know. They don't even have to give a legit reason for an infraction. Nor do they even have to refer to the rules and regulations when they site you for an infraction. I shouldn't be saying this of course because I will now be a target.

of course... i am sure our in boxes will be getting a message shortly

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Firstly, SHE didn't release those tapes.

Secondly, since when does receiving gifts make somebody a 'whore'. If you have a girl friend and buy her roses and she accepts, them, does that make her a 'whore'.

If you can't get enough brain cells together to figure out why this is wrong, I'm not going to waste my energy explaining it to you.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:12 PM

OP is obviously upset that another one of his threads has bored people to death and not gone the way he wanted.

If you think that is 'logic', then you SERIOUSLY need to take a reasoning skills class.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Secondly, since when does receiving gifts make somebody a 'whore'. If you have a girl friend and buy her roses and she accepts, them, does that make her a 'whore'.

If you can't get enough brain cells together to figure out why this is wrong, I'm not going to waste my energy explaining it to you.

priceless

keep the hits coming

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:16 PM
If you think that is 'logic', then you SERIOUSLY need to take a reasoning skills class.

tell me more

i learn so much with each post you contribute

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:16 PM
keep entertaining us

What names did I call? I responded by saying that the use of the word 'whore' was misogynistic (which it is) and that IF somebody can't put together enough brain cells to recognize that, then I'm not going to waste my time explaining that.

IF you choose to call somebody a 'whore', then YOU are name calling and I am calling you out on it.

What we have hear is a BUNCH of posters who think 'racist' remarks are wrong, but are perfectly fine with misogynistic remarks.

IF (please not the word if, that means YOU get to choose whether or not this applies to you), YOU think it is ok to use derogatory words for women, then you are a misogynist. And misogyny is no different than racism.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:19 PM
tell me more

i learn so much with each post you contribute

If you weren't trolling, I'd actually have a conversation with you.

If you want to know the actually logical flaw here, it is the flawed analogy. He is comparing gift giving to prostitution. If Stiviano and Sterling were in a relationship (whether platonic or romantic) and he chose to give her gifts, then that is no different to giving a girlfriend or a wife a gift.

That is NOT the same as exchanging sex for money. If it were, then by that definition, marriage would simply be institutionalized prostitution.

If you want more lessons on logic, feel free to google 'false logic'. You'll get all kinds of interesting things.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
What names did I call? I responded by saying that the use of the word 'whore' was misogynistic (which it is) and that IF somebody can't put together enough brain cells to recognize that, then I'm not going to waste my time explaining that.

IF you choose to call somebody a 'whore', then YOU are name calling and I am calling you out on it.

What we have hear is a BUNCH of posters who think 'racist' remarks are wrong, but are perfectly fine with misogynistic remarks.

IF (please not the word if, that means YOU get to choose whether or not this applies to you), YOU think it is ok to use derogatory words for women, then you are a misogynist. And misogyny is no different than racism.

oh no ... look who spelled "here" wrong... i guess we should ridicule him

or maybe we should point out the inaccuracies like him saying he didn't call people names yet called someone a MORON

JJH... a true inspiration to PSD

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:23 PM

If you want to know the actually logical flaw here, it is the flawed analogy. He is comparing gift giving to prostitution. If Stiviano and Sterling were in a relationship (whether platonic or romantic) and he chose to give her gifts, then that is no different to giving a girlfriend or a wife a gift.

That is NOT the same as exchanging sex for money. If it were, then by that definition, marriage would simply be institutionalized prostitution.

If you want more lessons on logic, feel free to google 'false logic'. You'll get all kinds of interesting things.

give me some "actually logical" flaw analysis

LMFAO

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
oh no ... look who spelled "here" wrong... i guess we should ridicule him

or maybe we should point out the inaccuracies like him saying he didn't call people names yet called someone a MORON

JJH... a true inspiration to PSD

Look, if you want to speak to content. Fine. You know what is meant. The problem with YOUR grammar is that if confuses the meaning of what you are saying. And you also offer contradictory statements. My meaning is clear. If you can't tell the difference.

Go back and read the context of my used of the word 'moron'. If you fit the definition of it, then it is because you CHOSE to.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:32 PM
give me some "actually logical" flaw analysis

LMFAO

Once again, ignoring content.

Look. You are a troll. Write what you want. I'm done talking to you.

I'm trying to promote a respectful conversation here devoid of misogyny and ****-shaming mentalities, and you are more interesting in promoting this disrespectful dialogue and hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

I honestly feel bad for people like you. This is how you spend your Saturday afternoon? Promoting hateful speech and misogyny and trolling people who are promoting respectful dialogue?

I honestly feel sorry for any woman who ends up with you. They have my sympathy.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Look, if you want to speak to content. Fine. You know what is meant. The problem with YOUR grammar is that if confuses the meaning of what you are saying. And you also offer contradictory statements. My meaning is clear. If you can't tell the difference.

Go back and read the context of my used of the word 'moron'. If you fit the definition of it, then it is because you CHOSE to.

classic... the guy who is to smart to explain stuff to people.. who is constantly ripping on grammar... who constantly lies when presented with facts (name calling)... now wants to have a conversation about content?

pot or kettle?

IgglesFanInCO
05-03-2014, 05:37 PM

As a philosophy major who actually respects and adores the study of reasoning, an analogous argument is an inductive one, so first off just to give you a quick tutorial on how you would actually attempt to discredit such an argument if you were using proper logical practice.
If you find the analogy weak you would attack; Relevance of Similarities, Number of similarities, Nature and degree of disanalogy, and number of primary analogues.
What you actually did was; Use a straw man fallacy to avoid attacking your opponents actual points, instead going off on a tangent of your own opinion of the way to define a proper relationship vs. a monetarily focused one. All this while not backing any of your claims besides assuming that you are right in all aspects.

I have no opinion on this matter, I dont think there is any reason to delve into people personal lives although I do feel that Sterling is unfit to have power over so many people. The only reason I am even commenting is because if there is anything that I cant stand its when people take an elementary-at-best understanding of logical concepts and use it to justify horrible arguments through a feeling of superiority. Basically spitting on the face of reason and those who study it. Its sickening.

Shady66
05-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Now I aint saying she a gold digger, but she aint messing with no broke *****.

Gold digging whore at its finest

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Once again, ignoring content.

Look. You are a troll. Write what you want. I'm done talking to you.

I'm trying to promote a respectful conversation here devoid of misogyny and ****-shaming mentalities, and you are more interesting in promoting this disrespectful dialogue and hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

I honestly feel bad for people like you. This is how you spend your Saturday afternoon? Promoting hateful speech and misogyny and trolling people who are promoting respectful dialogue?

I honestly feel sorry for any woman who ends up with you. They have my sympathy.

no, you aren't interested in those discussions... you are trying to change the topic because multiple people have scoffed at your self bloviating posts...

I provided you a definition of the word whore... it is obvious she fits the definition

championships
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
He should have. :shrug:

raiderposting
05-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Sterling is a racist. The girl is a gold digging whore who just had an prime time interview with Barbara Walters. Let's not act like she did this for the good of the clipper players and to take a stand against racism.

beasted86
05-03-2014, 05:49 PM
At least he's sticking to his guns.

Agreed.

Crazy as it sounds I can respect an openly racist/prejudice person a lot more than somebody who pretends to be polite to maintain appearances while doing all types of underhanded ****.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
As a philosophy major who actually respects and adores the study of reasoning, an analogous argument is an inductive one, so first off just to give you a quick tutorial on how you would actually attempt to discredit such an argument if you were using proper logical practice.
If you find the analogy weak you would attack; Relevance of Similarities, Number of similarities, Nature and degree of disanalogy, and number of primary analogues.
What you actually did was; Use a straw man fallacy to avoid attacking your opponents actual points, instead going off on a tangent of your own opinion of the way to define a proper relationship vs. a monetarily focused one. All this while not backing any of your claims besides assuming that you are right in all aspects.

I have no opinion on this matter, I dont think there is any reason to delve into people personal lives although I do feel that Sterling is unfit to have power over so many people. The only reason I am even commenting is because if there is anything that I cant stand its when people take an elementary-at-best understanding of logical concepts and use it to justify horrible arguments through a feeling of superiority. Basically spitting on the face of reason and those who study it. Its sickening.

If you have a problem with people spitting on the face of reason, I am the LAST person in this thread you need to be addressing.

If you think the person I was responding to used logic, please, feel free to elaborate.

You said I failed to offer relevance of similarities, but I did. I spoke to the fact that they had a relationship (whether it be romantic or platonic, we don't know), and that the things she received were gifts and not offered in exchange for anything, therefore she does not fit the definition of a sex-trade worker and the use of the word 'whore' is not accurate.

I also suggested that IF what they had DID constitute prostitution, then other people IN RELATIONSHIPS would also fall under the category of prostitution if they received gifts.

What you failed to do is explain how this is a strawman argument. YOU failed to speak to what I said, made generalizations, called it a strawman without identifying what about SPECIFICALLY was a strawman argument.

Given that I have taken philosophy classes at the master's level, I'm more than open to a conversation about reasoning skills and logic, but please don't accuse me of doing a HOST of things that YOU yourself are doing when I didn't.

You want me to speak to relevance of similarities, but fail to do so yourself? That gives you ZERO credibility.

championships
05-03-2014, 05:53 PM

If you think that is 'logic', then you SERIOUSLY need to take a reasoning skills class.So what I get from you is if someone doesn't agree with you, You result to insults or call them trolls. Those make you far from right in a debate and may even show weakness in the argument your trying to bring.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:55 PM
If you have a problem with people spitting on the face of reason, I am the LAST person in this thread you need to be addressing.

If you think the person I was responding to used logic, please, feel free to elaborate.

You said I failed to offer relevance of similarities, but I did. I spoke to the fact that they had a relationship (whether it be romantic or platonic, we don't know), and that the things she received were gifts and not offered in exchange for anything, therefore she does not fit the definition of a sex-trade worker and the use of the word 'whore' is not accurate.

I also suggested that IF what they had DID constitute prostitution, then other people IN RELATIONSHIPS would also fall under the category of prostitution if they received gifts.

What you failed to do is explain how this is a strawman argument. YOU failed to speak to what I said, made generalizations, called it a strawman without identifying what about SPECIFICALLY was a strawman argument.

Given that I have taken philosophy classes at the master's level, I'm more than open to a conversation about reasoning skills and logic, but please don't accuse me of doing a HOST of things that YOU yourself are doing when I didn't.

You want me to speak to relevance of similarities, but fail to do so yourself? That gives you ZERO credibility.

he continues to insult and still doesn't understand that a whore isn't necessarily a prostitute.

LMFAO

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 05:56 PM
So what I get from you is if someone doesn't agree with you, You result to insults or call them trolls. Those make you far from right in a debate and may even show weakness in the argument your trying to bring.

careful... he is a mod favorite... you might be receiving a message shortly

IgglesFanInCO
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM

I dont have a problem with people just casually talking about sports, I have a problem with people using logical practices hypocritically. Either engage in the discussion by making good points about the topic and voicing your opinion, or argue with proper practice, not just pick and choose where you use logic for self-gratuitous reasons. I have no reason to voice my opinion on the logical value of other people's opinions in here, because they aren't the ones trying to pick and choose where to use logic for a fleeting sense of superiority while not addressing other opinions for the claims that they actually are. There's a reason no one is sticking up for you my man, its just a sports forum, you dont have to solely focus on being right about trivial things like the etymology of "whore". This isn't a semantics forum. Respect other peoples opinions more.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 06:13 PM
he continues to insult and still doesn't understand that a whore isn't necessarily a prostitute.

LMFAO

I DO know that what you call a 'whore' is not always a person who exchanges money for sex. I was speaking to somebody who said she WAS because she took money for sex. YOU are the one not reading the full context.

As to the alternate definition, YOU cannot prove that she fits that either for reasons already explained.

And again, my issue is NOT with what the word MEANS, it is with the misogynistic nature of the word.

As to being a 'mod' favorite, I have NO clue what you are talking about. This is a fiction you have created. Are you some sort of conspiracy theorist?

At this point you are being willfully ignorant.

This is the last response I will ever give to any of your posts.

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I dont have a problem with people just casually talking about sports, I have a problem with people using logical practices hypocritically. Either engage in the discussion by making good points about the topic and voicing your opinion, or argue with proper practice, not just pick and choose where you use logic for self-gratuitous reasons. I have no reason to voice my opinion on the logical value of other people's opinions in here, because they aren't the ones trying to pick and choose where to use logic for a fleeting sense of superiority while not addressing other opinions for the claims that they actually are. There's a reason no one is sticking up for you my man, its just a sports forum, you dont have to solely focus on being right about trivial things like the etymology of "whore". This isn't a semantics forum. Respect other peoples opinions more.

Firstly, I don't mind being a minority of one. I don't need somebody to stick up for me. I am not interested in the 'appeal to the majority' (I assume you know what that means).

Secondly, if this is a SPORTS forum, then why the need for ****-shaming? It has no place in a sports forum. I'm here to talk about sports, not listen to misogyny. The two aren't mutually inclusive and I will voice my opinion. If the mods want to kick me off, I'm fine with that. If a bunch of misogynists want to jump on me for it, I will take the assault gladly.

If YOU want to attack the use of logic, either hold yourself to the same standard that you are holding me to, of jump on somebody who is actually using flawed logic. As you still haven't spoken to the specifics of what I said, I have nothing further to say to you.

I do recommend that you read Hannah Arendt's Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil.

Let me know when you are finished it.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I DO know that what you call a 'whore' is not always a person who exchanges money for sex. I was speaking to somebody who said she WAS because she took money for sex. YOU are the one not reading the full context.

As to the alternate definition, YOU cannot prove that she fits that either for reasons already explained.

And again, my issue is NOT with what the word MEANS, it is with the misogynistic nature of the word.

As to being a 'mod' favorite, I have NO clue what you are talking about. This is a fiction you have created. Are you some sort of conspiracy theorist?

At this point you are being willfully ignorant.

This is the last response I will ever give to any of your posts.

your stubbornness is awe inspiring

It's not what i call a whore ... it is the definition of a whore... of course the dictionary might be wrong...

send me your contact information and i will forward it on to websters to make them aware of their error.

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Jesus H. Calm down, guys.

I like how she put up with this racist stuff while she was getting paid. As soon as Sterling's wife sues for the stuff back, the tapes get released by an "unknown party". How can anyone not see what happened here? I hope he loses his team and goes away in disgrace just as much as the next guy, but I also hope this chick walks away with nothing. Although gold diggers don't just get a 9-5 after getting ousted.

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 07:07 PM
your stubbornness is awe inspiring

It's not what i call a whore ... it is the definition of a whore... of course the dictionary might be wrong...

send me your contact information and i will forward it on to websters to make them aware of their error.

jeeezus it just slows down the thread to snark and argue over every detail. Most people know that there is a wide array of English usages for the word "whore" and also that actual sex-workers exist along a broad spectrum all the way from high-end escorts down to skid-row whores and that these might conceivably include porn stars, many actresses and models, some secretaries and "personal assistants", and masseuses, as well as tons of "mistresses" and possibly including a lot of "wives" and "girlfriends." And this would also hold true for men -- a lot of "husbands", "pool boys", "gardeners", "boyfriends", etc could be considered a type of prostitute if we really got down to it. Not all of these people would describe themselves as "whores" and this can be considered correct because the word "whore" carries certain negative connotations above and beyond just trading or giving sex. It's almost like a lame-o biblical judgment to call people who are easy-going about sex "whores" and it's really simplistic to insist on that definition and make people explain what everybody already knows down to the nth detail.

Vinylman
05-03-2014, 07:18 PM
jeeezus it just slows down the thread to snark and argue over every detail. Most people know that there is a wide array of English usages for the word "whore" and also that actual sex-workers exist along a broad spectrum all the way from high-end escorts down to skid-row whores and that these might conceivably include porn stars, many actresses and models, some secretaries and "personal assistants", and masseuses, as well as tons of "mistresses" and possibly including a lot of "wives" and "girlfriends." And this would also hold true for men -- a lot of "husbands", "pool boys", "gardeners", "boyfriends", etc could be considered a type of prostitute if we really got down to it. Not all of these people would describe themselves as "whores" and this can be considered correct because the word "whore" carries certain negative connotations above and beyond just trading or giving sex. It's almost like a lame-o biblical judgment to call people who are easy-going about sex "whores" and it's really simplistic to insist on that definition and make people explain what everybody already knows down to the nth detail.

awesome... smushie is stalking me... i feel so honored

try and reply to someone else ... you are embarrassing yourself

P&GRealist
05-03-2014, 07:23 PM
:laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-03-2014, 07:29 PM

And anybody who doesn't understand why using the word 'whore' in this instance is wrong, there is no sense into responding to me and asking me to explain or defending your use of the word. You simply will not understand or you will willfully be ignorant to why it is wrong.

If she wasn't a super WHORE, the. We probably wouldn't call her that. What is she, your sister?

NBA_Starter
05-03-2014, 07:34 PM
He will probably never get it. The statement didn't surprise me.

t_money25
05-03-2014, 07:36 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. When you're racist it's not by accident. They really believe there is nothing wrong views on minorities. Just because he got caught saying what he said his true beliefs are going to instantly change? I highly doubt that's the case. But I do agree it wasn't smart of him to say he should of paid her off. Shoulda kept it to yourself Donald.....too much information.

t_money25
05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Agreed.

Crazy as it sounds I can respect an openly racist/prejudice person a lot more than somebody who pretends to be polite to maintain appearances while doing all types of underhanded ****.

Those are the worst and most dangerous types. Like you in your face, but hates the hell out of you behind your back....

Sssmush
05-03-2014, 08:34 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. When you're racist it's not by accident. They really believe there is nothing wrong views on minorities. Just because he got caught saying what he said his true beliefs are going to instantly change? I highly doubt that's the case. But I do agree it wasn't smart of him to say he should of paid her off. Shoulda kept it to yourself Donald.....too much information.

I'm not defending Sterling but I think what he meant was that she was blackmailing him in the relationship because of the lawsuit thing by the wife, and because he didn't pay her off from that situation then she set him up by secretly taping him and baiting/leading him to say things that sounded really egregious and then she immediately sells the tapes to TMZ. I don't think he was saying that she was blackmailing him with the actual recording. Ironically she seemed pretty clearheaded in the Barbara Walters interview and she seemed to be sincere in saying that we can't totally judge the guy just on a few prejudiced sounding things he mumbled in a tired drunken stupor while being badgered by an escort/personal assistant 60 years younger than him who has much more energy and freshness.

I mean I'm certainly no Donald Sterling fan and I've wondered for years how people even manage to pretend that they're Clippers fans. All this time people are like *wheeeee Clippers* and I don't even bother telling them anymore about the gross history of the Clippers. I got offered free Clipper tickets one time and I didn't even bother; good seats, and I could've just bopped right over from Santa Monica and it included parking and everything and I didn't even consider bothering to go. But all that being said it's kind of ridiculous that suddenly Sterling gets recorded by Stiviano mumbling some ugly prejudiced and racist sounding stuff (but no explicit slurs or explicit racial hatred) and suddenly all the Clipper fans are sooooooooo freakin' righteous. Yeah right, why don't we have a million Clipper fan march or something on Washington what a joke.

Clipper fans = casual basketball fans who didn't care or understand about how Clipper ownership treated players and disrespected the league, for DECADES, right in everybody's face, and documented by the L.A. Times a zillion times, so they bought in (on some level) to Sterling's exploitative F-U attitude toward the players and the NBA and told themselves it's just as good as being a fan of the Lakers or any other team.

Crackadalic
05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Lmao people really defending her?

I'm as respectful to women as much as I love sports but come on.

She is no different then the chicks I see and mess with in the club with the exact same story on having a sugar daddy or similar

You have to be somewhere in another dimension to not think she's not a gold digging whore

You don't mess with a 80 plus year old racist just because you love him. Gtfoh.

If he was so much younger I can agree but she's late 20's early 30's don't defend her.

Jenceman
05-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Lmao people really defending her?

I'm as respectful to women as much as I love sports but come on.

She is no different then the chicks I see and mess with in the club with the exact same story on having a sugar daddy or similar

You have to be somewhere in another dimension to not think she's not a gold digging whore

You don't mess with a 80 plus year old racist just because you love him. Gtfoh.

If he was so much younger I can agree but she's late 20's early 30's don't defend her.

**** shaming is just so lame though. Who cares if people like sex? It reeks of misogyny. We should be past things like that.

Especially in this situation, where the subject should be on DTS and his abhorrent racism. People have brought up good points about how we only care now, when prior evidence of Sterling's horrible actions existed for awhile, but at least we are finally getting it right.

Crackadalic
05-03-2014, 08:52 PM
**** shaming is just so lame though. Who cares if people like sex? It reeks of misogyny. We should be past things like that.

Especially in this situation, where the subject should be on DTS and his abhorrent racism. People have brought up good points about how we only care now, when prior evidence of Sterling's horrible actions existed for awhile, but at least we are finally getting it right.

Liking sex I have no issues with. It's the reason for it that's has her in that ho ish catogory but look that's a topic of discussion for another day

All I know is her gold digging ways just save the clippers franchise

Bigbadmoffo
05-03-2014, 09:07 PM
All I know is the gold digging whore single handily save the clippers franchise and she's a regular chick you find in the club. Side chicks are winning unfortunately

Lol, saved the Clippers? She might be the downfall of an up and coming team. This is gonna go to court for years and that will only hurt the team and not him because he has a few years to live off of billions of dollars. This guy is stubborn and it's not worth trying to fix an old ignorant man.

Bigbadmoffo
05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
If this blackmail works you're are gonna see so many stories over the next few years. Silver should have fined him and his sponsors could back out but taking his team away just adds fuel to future blackmails/terrorist. This is an overreaction to a sensitive topic in America.

Crackadalic
05-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Lol, saved the Clippers? She might be the downfall of an up and coming team. This is gonna go to court for years and that will only hurt the team and not him because he has a few years to live off of billions of dollars. This guy is stubborn and it's not worth trying to fix an old ignorant man.

This won't last. Even though it's within his rights of the first amendment it doesn't apply within the nba constitution and it's within their rights to get rid of anything that hurts it's image and it's by laws favors the nba more so then mr sterling

Saddletramp
05-03-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm not defending Sterling but I think what he meant was that she was blackmailing him in the relationship because of the lawsuit thing by the wife, and because he didn't pay her off from that situation then she set him up by secretly taping him and baiting/leading him to say things that sounded really egregious and then she immediately sells the tapes to TMZ. I don't think he was saying that she was blackmailing him with the actual recording. Ironically she seemed pretty clearheaded in the Barbara Walters interview and she seemed to be sincere in saying that we can't totally judge the guy just on a few prejudiced sounding things he mumbled in a tired drunken stupor while being badgered by an escort/personal assistant 60 years younger than him who has much more energy and freshness.

I mean I'm certainly no Donald Sterling fan and I've wondered for years how people even manage to pretend that they're Clippers fans. All this time people are like *wheeeee Clippers* and I don't even bother telling them anymore about the gross history of the Clippers. I got offered free Clipper tickets one time and I didn't even bother; good seats, and I could've just bopped right over from Santa Monica and it included parking and everything and I didn't even consider bothering to go. But all that being said it's kind of ridiculous that suddenly Sterling gets recorded by Stiviano mumbling some ugly prejudiced and racist sounding stuff (but no explicit slurs or explicit racial hatred) and suddenly all the Clipper fans are sooooooooo freakin' righteous. Yeah right, why don't we have a million Clipper fan march or something on Washington what a joke.

Clipper fans = casual basketball fans who didn't care or understand about how Clipper ownership treated players and disrespected the league, for DECADES, right in everybody's face, and documented by the L.A. Times a zillion times, so they bought in (on some level) to Sterling's exploitative F-U attitude toward the players and the NBA and told themselves it's just as good as being a fan of the Lakers or any other team.

Exactly

If this blackmail works you're are gonna see so many stories over the next few years. Silver should have fined him and his sponsors could back out but taking his team away just adds fuel to future blackmails/terrorist. This is an overreaction to a sensitive topic in America.

Exactly

slashsnake
05-03-2014, 09:25 PM

While I don't like how the information was made public, that doesn't excuse him for being a racist. I think the NBA had to punish on that, and they had a choice. Lose the NBA finals to stand up for a racist owner, or boot a racist. I'd make the same choice there.

Sssmush
05-04-2014, 03:45 AM
While I don't like how the information was made public, that doesn't excuse him for being a racist. I think the NBA had to punish on that, and they had a choice. Lose the NBA finals to stand up for a racist owner, or boot a racist. I'd make the same choice there.

yeah, the NBA has at least taken a stand, which in and of itself makes a good statement and clears the air somewhat. Also, I have to assume that the league's lawyers have looked at the situation and decided that there is a play to be made here. That, and the possible behind the scenes pressure might make this the right time for the NBA to play this particular card. Entities like the Guggenheim group, for example, are probably in a considerably higher weight class than Sterling.

Sssmush
05-04-2014, 03:52 AM

That is a good point and we should be conscious of not getting carried away with name calling and that kind of thing. There is really nothing immoral in trading sex for money or anything else. What women do in the privacy of their bedrooms and the arrangements they make in exchange for sex, financial or otherwise, should be completely their own business and this purtanical/legal thing of using "whore" or "prostitute" as a big insult is based on a totally false and hypocritical construct.

It's probably confusing for some people because of the obvious age difference and the fact that the tape recording and TMZ'ing seems so shady, but nobody should lose sight of the fact that aside from the trickery and betrayal Stiviano is just an enterprising businesswoman who provides a valuable service that rich whales like Sterling gladly pay big bucks for and there is nothing wrong with it.

slashsnake
05-04-2014, 07:21 AM
yeah, the NBA has at least taken a stand, which in and of itself makes a good statement and clears the air somewhat. Also, I have to assume that the league's lawyers have looked at the situation and decided that there is a play to be made here. That, and the possible behind the scenes pressure might make this the right time for the NBA to play this particular card. Entities like the Guggenheim group, for example, are probably in a considerably higher weight class than Sterling.

Something tells me in LA there won't be a shortage of lawyers looking to take on Silver if the NBA needs some, and at a fraction of their cost.

Imagine the press for taking on a racist hated NBA owner in LA? Being the one who helped transition to Magic or Oprah owning a team?

Heediot
05-04-2014, 07:24 AM
He's a douche and needs to be booted, but there's no context to the statement and the media is out to roast him so I would careful about how I interpret that comment.

Kenny Powders
05-04-2014, 07:49 AM

I think someone is smitten

Saddletramp
05-04-2014, 08:11 AM
He's not smitten. Just blind.

And I like how he says repeatedly that he won't waste his time on people that don't agree with him. Repeatedly.